Dutchies (host/dead/non)
80%

Total votes: 20
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 236

Re: Day 9 ~ 2015 Game of Champions

Post by Draconus »

Two 12 hour days in a row, and it's only Wednesday. This week is going to suck :why:

MetalMarmot, are you bad?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I see absolutely zero reason for anybody to vote for anybody other than the Marmot right now. This is likely our last chance to actually take the risk that all his gambits are actual truths because if he DOES flip neutral today we CAN still win because the remaining scum teams are going to be trying to kill each other at this point rather than civs, so no civs will actually die until our next lynch day if they shoot right which they have a very good chance of doing by both numbers and the fact that the scum teams no doubt will have a better grip on who is on the other team than we do at this point. If we lynch Metalmarsh and he flips neutral and then the scum team kill a civ, we will still not be at lylo because the scum team will still have kills and they will both be still looking at each other as primary enemy rather than civilians.

There is no other outcome here except for killing Metalmarsh. It is our last chance to remove this chance element from the game and to boot he is the most likely to be scum out of anybody anyway.
:haha:

Scare tactics. You, my friend are no civilian.
I see you haven't voted yet. Can you vote? If so, would you be willing to follow my vote?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 1472

Post by Ricochet »

I have mixed feelings about Mac snatching Matt's loudspeaker and starting to preach on the Good Deed of an MM Lynch, because:

1. Matt said he'd ISO in full MM and he got stuck on a tight viewpoint yet again. MM heavily defended zebra on D1. Cool story, dude. You just defended yourself, one post above, against this "X heavily defending Y" being 100% scumtell. So why is MM scumproven from this angle, instead?

2. Day 1 was a banter corrupted Day, in order for post-reads to be accurate. I don't remember anyone treating Day 1 tells as central to a case they made before, so the case on MM, from this angle alone, has a bit of scapegoatism vibe to it. The "case" I made against zebra, that's now being put on a pedestal, wasn't even among the times I was acting in total serious mode throughout my spaghetti phase. That zebra herself hit back at my case is understandable - nub zeeb. :feb: That she'd require heavy backup from her teamies is debateable. Nobody moved a finger to lynch zebra on that Day, after all, except... oh... MM. Lulz.

3. Mac switching his weight from Draco on MM. For any civs left, the results of the previous cycle (Wilgy surviving, then getting rekt by the other mafia) shouldn't dramatically alter the initiatives they previously had. So why does it slightly feel like Mac is using an opportunity to drop aside the Draco hunt, which he was adamant about during the previous phase, and embrace a Matt-tailored new case on MM?

If there's one thing I can slightly agree with Mac in his input, it's that (and I've said this before) I didn't sense that MM is intensely trying to shoot the tires of my lynchfest, in order for him to achieve something instead. Yes, he didn't take the bait, but there's not many posts of rallying against this. Maybe it was the difference in the levels of virtuosity with which I tried to achieve my thing and his attempts, but after a few determined posts, the rest almost feels like he resigned to the idea.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

FZ, I think your case on Matt has merit to it. Thank you for the Pet Sounds comparison, btw, I had a similar train of thought regarding Matt's behavior in this game, and now it's confirmed that he's done it before as a baddie. I'd be willing to vote there, as well.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Also, I'm gradually starting to think lynching motel is not a bad test option for toDay. Whoever tried to assassinate him, whether civ vigi or baddie vigi, accomplished the same thing - unlocking a potential Kubrick candidacy in motel.

Personality-wise, it's not farfetched: I spoke before about him replacing Bass and potentially getting a "chill" memo. As Kubrick, he'd have no worries in the world during the Night (except, well, potentially being outed, which, if true, just took 9 Nights to happen) and our wind to lynch lurkers died down after the Tranq affair.

Rebuttal-wise, his comeback at this concept of him being Kubrick has been weaksauce. He blamed people profiling him as being the role itself and Wilgys' death just send his angle crashing.

Endgame-wise, he is not a trustworthy player to keep. If truly Kubrick (or baddie), he can add to the votes in the interest of the team. If not baddie, his vote often tends to be in no way invested in the civ's focused cause or attempts. Therefore his vote is loose and he can either manipulate us with it or get himself manipulated.
motel room
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 51

Post by motel room »

I'm in Perth now having a holiday. Voting Draconus.
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 686

Post by DharmaHelper »

Dat spread ass vote tho.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

MacDougall wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I just told you. Even if I was bad, I cannot possibly be the only baddie left in the game. And then, even if I was, 1 baddie out of 10 does not LYLO make.

There are at least 2 baddies left in this game, possibly more. But I am not one of them. You've got the wrong marmot.
I didn't say you were the only baddie left in the game? I said that you need to be lynched today if you are an indie. If you are bad, ironically yes we can afford to lynch a different baddie lol.

But you are literally telling me that we shouldn't lynch you on the off chance that you are bad. Do you realise how retarded that is?
How does NEEDING to lynch and indie this late in the game make any sense?

"Do you realize how slowed that is?" ... Do you realize how dumb that sounds? :grin:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

motel room wrote:I'm in Perth now having a holiday. Voting Draconus.
You voted with me for Wilgy last time.... Da fuq?

motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Still not Kubrick. Its hard to get invested cos I dont care here on holiday but hey check it I'm not Kubrick. So Kubrick is still a bad out there. Ok its 2:30am I'm going to bed.
ImageImageImage
motel room
Corrupt Union Official

Post by motel room »

Draconus wrote:
Yes? That doesnt mean youre good.
ImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

motel room wrote:Still not Kubrick. Its hard to get invested cos I dont care here on holiday but hey check it I'm not Kubrick. So Kubrick is still a bad out there. Ok its 2:30am I'm going to bed.
:suspish: Motel Room.

Hey Mac, it's a 3 way tie now. Happy? :grin:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

ATTN FZ: I'd support a Mac or Motel Room vote and since you said you'd follow my vote I'd like your input.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

motel room wrote:
Draconus wrote:
Yes? That doesnt mean youre good.
You're right. But an explanation beyond this would be appreciated. What do you think of any of the other people being brought up as potential teammates of the confirmed baddies?

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 849
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:Also, I'm gradually starting to think lynching motel is not a bad test option for toDay. Whoever tried to assassinate him, whether civ vigi or baddie vigi, accomplished the same thing - unlocking a potential Kubrick candidacy in motel.

Personality-wise, it's not farfetched: I spoke before about him replacing Bass and potentially getting a "chill" memo. As Kubrick, he'd have no worries in the world during the Night (except, well, potentially being outed, which, if true, just took 9 Nights to happen) and our wind to lynch lurkers died down after the Tranq affair.

Rebuttal-wise, his comeback at this concept of him being Kubrick has been weaksauce. He blamed people profiling him as being the role itself and Wilgys' death just send his angle crashing.

Endgame-wise, he is not a trustworthy player to keep. If truly Kubrick (or baddie), he can add to the votes in the interest of the team. If not baddie, his vote often tends to be in no way invested in the civ's focused cause or attempts. Therefore his vote is loose and he can either manipulate us with it or get himself manipulated.
Weren't you upset when I voted for Position 1 on Night 6? :confused:

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Draconus wrote:I see you haven't voted yet. Can you vote? If so, would you be willing to follow my vote?
I probably can vote. I can't guarantee I'm willing to follow your vote. :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Draconus wrote:I see you haven't voted yet. Can you vote? If so, would you be willing to follow my vote?
Kind of understandable. Do you still think Mac could be bad?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I don't know if anyone else pointed this out, but Bass_the_Clever (now motel room) voted for the first option on the poll on Night 0. Then again, so did Elohcin (now FZ.) and juliets.

On Night 1, juliets voted for the first option.

On Night 2, DharmaHelper and MacDougall voted for the first option.

On Night 3, no living player voted for the first option.

Linki: yes, I suppose. :ponder:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

motel room wrote:Still not Kubrick. Its hard to get invested cos I dont care here on holiday but hey check it I'm not Kubrick. So Kubrick is still a bad out there. Ok its 2:30am I'm going to bed.
Doesn't post for two days and a Half.
Posts 11 minutes after I fully Kubricksuss him.

XD
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Ricochet wrote:

XD
This is supposed to be a civilian, everyone!
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Also, I'm gradually starting to think lynching motel is not a bad test option for toDay. Whoever tried to assassinate him, whether civ vigi or baddie vigi, accomplished the same thing - unlocking a potential Kubrick candidacy in motel.

Yer point being?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Yer point being?
If we had voted Position 1 on Night 6, Kubrick would not survive nightkills on Night 7, the night motel room was targeted. :P

I'm making assumptions about the night polls though, and I suppose no one can explain if they are laid out how I expect them to be (because rules).

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Yer point being?
If we had voted Position 1 on Night 6, Kubrick would not survive nightkills on Night 7, the night motel room was targeted. :P

I'm making assumptions about the night polls though, and I suppose no one can explain if they are laid out how I expect them to be (because rules).
We didn't vote Position 1 on Night 6! :shrug:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

It was a joke mate. :sigh:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Ricochet wrote:

XD
Well, we know he's paying attention to the thread.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

He did respond immediately after I colored him red for lurking...

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I am torn this morning between mm and motel room.

With MM I am a little worried that both Matt and I (especially since I'm dealing with a gut feel) are wrong and MM is just a straight Indy. Even though the normal win con for a straight indy is to survive to the end of the game, which does incent the indy to vote whatever way that allows him to be alive at the end, I wonder if this is a bad enough consequence to earn a vote. How would we feel and where would we stand if we just lynched a straight indy? Mac says we would be ok because we are not in lylo (lylo is not a syndicate word so I'm not even sure I understand it) so is what he says true? I have to say though if you actually go back and read Dom's posts day 6 it is hard to doubt that mm is straight bad. The only thing I wonder is whether Dom had really come up with three baddies(by role checking) by that time or did he just strongly suspect MM was bad. It was Day 6 so out of 6 tries would he have come up with 3 baddies? I guess it's possible.

My other choice is motel room and that one is pretty easy. I suspect him because of the Kubrick tie in. On the other side of the coin he hasn't had enough content for us to really get any type of read on him and people have pointed out he is an excellent play and they've never seen him play like this. So, the only thing we've got is the possibility he is Kubrick. Am I missing anything here regarding a case on him? I basically agree with Rico on what he had to say about motel room.

Right now I am leaning motel room. I'll also say I'm a little worried about the vote getting spread though I guess now it's only on three people (wasn't it more spread a few minutes ago or was it my imagination?) so I'm willing to come to a consensus as to who to vote.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Draconus wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

XD
Well, we know he's paying attention to the thread.
Yeah, no way we can tell he's an alerted B-A-D-D-I-E.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:It was a joke mate. :sigh:
I'm too tired from work marmate. :sigh:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

juliets wrote:With MM I am a little worried that both Matt and I (especially since I'm dealing with a gut feel) are wrong and MM is just a straight Indy. Even though the normal win con for a straight indy is to survive to the end of the game, which does incent the indy to vote whatever way that allows him to be alive at the end, I wonder if this is a bad enough consequence to earn a vote. How would we feel and where would we stand if we just lynched a straight indy? Mac says we would be ok because we are not in lylo (lylo is not a syndicate word so I'm not even sure I understand it) so is what he says true? I have to say though if you actually go back and read Dom's posts day 6 it is hard to doubt that mm is straight bad. The only thing I wonder is whether Dom had really come up with three baddies(by role checking) by that time or did he just strongly suspect MM was bad. It was Day 6 so out of 6 tries would he have come up with 3 baddies? I guess it's possible.
LYLO = LYnch or LOse.

It's the day phase in the game where civilians must lynch a baddie, otherwise, a baddie team will gain majority and win.

I've pointed this out before (mainly to Dr. Wilgy), but civilians can't really be talking about when LYLO is in a closed setup like this where the baddie count is unknown.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

FZ.
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 441

Post by FZ. »

DharmaHelper wrote:ATTN FZ: I'd support a Mac or Motel Room vote and since you said you'd follow my vote I'd like your input.
I said I will, and I will. I think I'd rather lynch motel room because he's playing exactly like Wilgy but even worse in terms of giving a damn only when his name is mentioned. Mac has his moments.

Do you think my worries about Matt are just paranoia?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Just noticed something. Did you intentionally avoid my "are you bad?" question?

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:ATTN FZ: I'd support a Mac or Motel Room vote and since you said you'd follow my vote I'd like your input.
I said I will, and I will. I think I'd rather lynch motel room because he's playing exactly like Wilgy but even worse in terms of giving a damn only when his name is mentioned. Mac has his moments.

No i don't.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

I think Matt's tunneling of MM gives him an easy excuse not to engage other suspects, and it makes his vote record easy to fudge up.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

FZ. wrote:

Yeah, I don't like how long Motel has survived with the way he has been playing. THAT makes me paranoid.
And fwiw, FZ, I don't think it's paranoia. I think there's some merit to that suspicion, like I said.

Linki: Exactly.

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

Draconus wrote:
FZ. wrote:

Yeah, I don't like how long Motel has survived with the way he has been playing. THAT makes me paranoid.
And fwiw, FZ, I don't think it's paranoia. I think there's some merit to that suspicion, like I said.

What do you think of everyone suspicious of you?

Thanks for the answer about Matt, Drac and DH. Did you read his reply to my case? What did you think of it?
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Draconus wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Just noticed something. Did you intentionally avoid my "are you bad?" question?
No I did not intentionally miss it.

And no, I am not bad.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

FZ. wrote:
Draconus wrote:
FZ. wrote:

Thanks for the answer about Matt, Drac and DH. Did you read his reply to my case? What did you think of it?
I thought it was a measured, reasonable response apart from the thinly veiled no-uing.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Just from the people voting Draco right now, I am not comfortable lynching him today. I do think he is bad, but the two probably baddest baddies both have their votes on him.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

FZ.
Racketeer

Post by FZ. »

DharmaHelper wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Draconus wrote:
FZ. wrote:

I thought it was a measured, reasonable response apart from the thinly veiled no-uing.
I don't care about NO Uing. Unlike others, it doesn't bother me. I still need to think about this.

Anyway, I voted motel room
Image Image ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Guys, this game has been epic and fun. Thanks to everyone of you who has poured your heart into this one. I think everyone left alive (and the Papryco) deserves to win.

Let's keep pushing forward! :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Or we could all self vote and call it a game.

ImageImage
ImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 240
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

I'm going to go ahead and put my vote on motel room.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Guys, this game has been epic and fun. Thanks to everyone of you who has poured your heart into this one. I think everyone left alive (and the Papryco) deserves to win.

Let's keep pushing forward! :beer:
Curse you until the end of Time if I lose and you win! :meany:

...but seriously I'd like baddies to not win, please and thank you. :beer:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

To paraphrase MM, I'm ok with the motel wagon so far, except for maybe Draconus.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

FZ. wrote:
Draconus wrote:
FZ. wrote:

You know, I didn't read through it all earlier, but it sounded genuine to me. He offered legit, reasonable responses showing that the Pet Sounds meta wasn't completely reliable. I'm not a huge fan of the huge no u, though. Don't know what to make of that part.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Ricochet wrote:To paraphrase MM, I'm ok with the motel wagon so far, except for maybe Draconus.
:pout:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Draconus wrote:
FZ. wrote:
Draconus wrote:
FZ. wrote:

You know, I didn't read through it all earlier, but it sounded genuine to me. He offered legit, reasonable responses showing that the Pet Sounds meta wasn't completely reliable. I'm not a huge fan of the huge no u, though. Don't know what to make of that part.
Have you gone from parroting my votes to literally parroting me XD

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

I'm going ahead and voting motel room.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 308

Post by Matt »

Well, for once I'm happy with how the day is turning out. No funny last minute switches, though, unless it's to Drac or MM, k peeps?

Lulz @ Drac thinking I'm bad off of someone else's case. That surely hasn't happened before this game, Drac latching onto other cases? ;)

FZ - Do you genuinely think I'm bad? I'm not. What I don't want to happen is to be the last civvie lynched, again, as I was in Star Wars.

As for "NO Uing" FZ...does nobody else find it funny that she came up with that bs case 12 hours before deadline? If MM is bad, she should definitely be seen as a possible teammate.

Not that MM will ever be lynched/NK'd for us to see, apparently :eek:
Image Image Image Image
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

FZ. wrote:
Draconus wrote:
FZ. wrote:

Sorry. I missed your first question. Could you be more specific? I feel like every person playing this game suspects me to an extent. I feel cold and lonely :solitary:

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”