Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 261

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 1]

Post by sig »

Dom wrote:SVS, do you know if Glorfindel is from the US?
He is from Australia, so maybe he got some kangaroos to help him write it? :P

Glorfindel is always regardless of alignment polite and has a weird way of saying things sometimes he seems to polite, but it is usually genuine. He has a harder time of being polite and seeming sincere as mafia which is why I find it interesting you say his posts seem crafted. I don't think he is being coached, but if his messages do seem crafted it is probably because he is mafia trying to copy his civ tone.
Then again you might think his posts are crafted simply because of the way he posts while he is simply posting the way he usually does.
I'm null on Glorfindel right now, but have been pinged by him.

@MM why did you vote for Zebra?
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey all, just a heads up that I haven't read since my most recent post, and I've had a ridiculous amount of work pile on me, so I'll inevitably be back before deadline, but it may only be a very brief time and it may not be until closer to EoD. Apologies for a spotty d1 presence, but RL takes precedence for me at this time.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by DFaraday »

S~V~S wrote: And since we can discuss the Zero poll results, I look forward to hearing the thoughts of the Arkham voters. All I learned was that cops in a busy crime ridden city like this are generally busy :shrug:
The Wayne Manor guard said we couldn't go in. Maybe all of the options were kind of like that?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 219
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

S~V~S wrote:
Typhoony wrote:Are you suspicious of Glorfindel SVS?
I am not sure, tbh. I was just intrigued by his reaction to having read the thread. There was alot of tunnel type stuff and some quite a bit of tension at some points going on, and he only noted one thing, and his opinion on that seemed a bit one dimensional.

His reply was very well crafted; and tbh, it felt kind of *crafted* to me, if you get my feeling~ designed to appease. I can't be anywhere near sure at this point; he is unfailingly polite and I don't know him well, so have no basis of comparison. SO my initial thought, intrigued, best fits my feelings at this time, I think.

Do you have an opinion?
You did call his reply well-couched, which I took as a misspelling of well-coached. What did you mean by that?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

sig wrote:
Because a2thezebra comes first in the alphabet. And because votes are not changeable.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 724

Post by DharmaHelper »

couch
kouCH/
verb
past tense: couched; past participle: couched

express (something) in language of a specified style.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DharmaHelper wrote:couch
kouCH/
verb
past tense: couched; past participle: couched

express (something) in language of a specified style.
Oh, couch is a verb. :haha:

Alrighty then. Let me couch to you that I didn't know that.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
sig wrote:
Because a2thezebra comes first in the alphabet. And because votes are not changeable.
So MM are you saying you had no game related reason for voting zebra?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Typhoony wrote:Are you suspicious of Glorfindel SVS?
I am not sure, tbh. I was just intrigued by his reaction to having read the thread. There was alot of tunnel type stuff and some quite a bit of tension at some points going on, and he only noted one thing, and his opinion on that seemed a bit one dimensional.

His reply was very well crafted; and tbh, it felt kind of *crafted* to me, if you get my feeling~ designed to appease. I can't be anywhere near sure at this point; he is unfailingly polite and I don't know him well, so have no basis of comparison. SO my initial thought, intrigued, best fits my feelings at this time, I think.

Do you have an opinion?
You did call his reply well-couched, which I took as a misspelling of well-coached. What did you mean by that?
Just a very carefully worded, nicely positioned reply, but it is a more precise meaning; I like big words as much as the next person. In an earlier post i used the word "lambasted". Perhaps I am over compensating formy atrocious typing, lol.

Although let me ask you, and Dom as well, really, since he thought I was saying that fora totally different reason; if I HAD been saying that (and I was not, to be clear) what would that have meant to you? Since that was the main point you took away from that discussion.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 389

Post by a2thezebra »

Glorfindel wrote:I know this is probably a stupid thing to say but you sound really frustrated here Zebra. I understand why and try not to worry - not everyone is oblivious to your efforts. Whilst it'd be a disaster if you were Mafia, I think you're a huge asset to us if you're not and I for one would like to give you the the chance to help us win this :hug:
That's not a stupid thing to say at all, you're absolutely right. I know a lot of you are giving me the time of day but it's seemed to me like anyone who I suspect is not. Thank you. :hugs:

At some point S~V~S said recently that she contributed to my frustration, again I disagree. That was all on me.

Now MM, you've given two reasons for voting for me. The first made sense to me: that I had over 100 posts but had not caught up with the thread. I've gone over why this is. At the time you came in and asked me for a summarization (this is a word now) of what was going on I was still extremely frustrated and still trying to respond to Matt. Anyone can tell you I'm number one in being in the middle of conflicts this game so far, particularly battle wall text type conflicts, so trying to keep up with all of that while still trying to be patient and not get emotional with anyone was and to an extent still is my top priority. I'd rather have made this many posts and not be completely caught up with the thread then to have already voted and not be caught up with the thread, you follow? The second reason you gave was that I'm the first alphabetically in all the vote options and that votes aren't changeable. I'm going to guess you were making fun of sig by giving that reason since you had already given your real one.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

juliets wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
sig wrote:
I think he was saying to sig that he had already given one so because sig was asking him something he had already answered he was going to give sig a joke answer. Earlier he said his reason was because I had over 100 posts when he came in but had not caught up with the thread, or something to that effect.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I have a difficult time reading Glorfindel because like myself he's one of those players that does things that seem suspicious not because they seem like they're baddie-motivated but simply because they seem strange. Wording and stuff. I think the post that S~V~S is taking issue with from Glorfindel would ping me if pretty much anyone else had made it, but from Glorfindel it doesn't alarm me.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

a2thezebra wrote:
juliets wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
sig wrote:
I think he was saying to sig that he had already given one so because sig was asking him something he had already answered he was going to give sig a joke answer. Earlier he said his reason was because I had over 100 posts when he came in but had not caught up with the thread, or something to that effect.
Thanks zebra I missed the sarcasm or joke in his answer.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Dom wrote:
Scotty wrote:Well last time I received info about something in an Epi game, it uselessly turned out to just be Rico futzing with my head...so I'm going to patently ignore it for the time being.

Now all I have are the voices in my head. And they're telling me that

a) zebra's comment about text walls spoke to me. I used to always post in walls, and seeing said walls in action during this 20-something-page day 0-1, Im now transitioning to a more liquid finish. :kadaj:
b) There's still some people that haven't checked in. That's unsettling to me more than the inane barking throughout the thread.
#1. Which players' absence are unsettling to you? Do you think they're bad hiding in a chat room? Do you think they don't know the game's started?

#2. You, in a later post, asked Glorfindel to share their thoughts on who might be bad, but I don't see you offering the same specific opinions. Can you?
#1: as of now, only lovedelic hasn't posted. 4 people have 1 post. No one in particular is unsettling individually, but my stance has always been to vote for no/low posters day 1 if no big suspicions jump out to me. I think that we've had 72 hours in which to check in at least, and to not even comment is a bad omen I feel. If you want, I can provide my philosophy on why I vote no/low posters.

#2: nothing is particularly jumping out to me. I have an eye on Glorfindel though. I made my post about the niceties of gameplay and Glorf's post fits in this case. SVS suspicion of him for offering a careful and guarded reply seems a little too eager to please. Is that indicative of badness? Maybe not. The other times I remember playing with Glorf he has been rather polite and stilted no matter his alignment. I am rather wary of the sentiment though.

As for MP, he hasn't posted anything since I started suspecting him, and my gut read still stands that I think he is at least not doggie
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 24

Post by DrWilgy »

I'm feeling that Zebra is civ y'all.

She's not flingin shit everywhere like baddie Zebra, and her focus and frustrations seem to be that of civ Zebra.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Scotty, I would like to know about your philosophy about voting low posters if you don't mind. Also, what does "doggie" mean in mafia language? I"ve never heard that word before in mafia so maybe it's just not common on any of the sites I've played at.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:Scotty, I would like to know about your philosophy about voting low posters if you don't mind. Also, what does "doggie" mean in mafia language? I"ve never heard that word before in mafia so maybe it's just not common on any of the sites I've played at.
First of all, that should have been civvie. Lol damn phone autocorrect :fist:

Secondly, I go over this every game:
No-posting/low posters in early game tends to continue as the game goes on. Some people prefer not to clutter the thread early on if they have nothing to say. This isn't about quarreling with those people. IMO it is a liability for civs if someone is not participating. As can be seen time and time again on this site, and why a strong majority of games are won by Mafia, no/low posters are a great asset for baddies to keep around.
If they are civ, they weren't helping our cause anyway. That's obviously not ideal, and i would want baddies dead instead, but on day 1 specifically, there is not voting patterns to analyze, and everyone has adapted their own persona in the thread that don't scream Mafia to me. I don't know how people can GTH identify Mafia on day 1 from the bantering. It's a skill I'm still trying to get good at.
But I will most likely vote for someone not showing up to play. You want to be here, then be here. Don't not be here.

sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 154
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

I can agree 100% with Scotty on that.

I've got nothing I can shed any light except per say my visit to the asylum (which im surprised no one else who visited had mentioned it yet) this is assuming we all recipes the same message.

Preview edit: yes we all in fact received the same message.
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Ebwop: *recieved
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Scotty wrote:
juliets wrote:Scotty, I would like to know about your philosophy about voting low posters if you don't mind. Also, what does "doggie" mean in mafia language? I"ve never heard that word before in mafia so maybe it's just not common on any of the sites I've played at.

No-posting/low posters in early game tends to continue as the game goes on. Some people prefer not to clutter the thread early on if they have nothing to say. This isn't about quarreling with those people. IMO it is a liability for civs if someone is not participating. As can be seen time and time again on this site, and why a strong majority of games are won by Mafia, no/low posters are a great asset for baddies to keep around.
If they are civ, they weren't helping our cause anyway. That's obviously not ideal, and i would want baddies dead instead, but on day 1 specifically, there is not voting patterns to analyze, and everyone has adapted their own persona in the thread that don't scream Mafia to me. I don't know how people can GTH identify Mafia on day 1 from the bantering. It's a skill I'm still trying to get good at.
But I will most likely vote for someone not showing up to play. You want to be here, then be here. Don't not be here.
I used to default to low/no posters on day 1 but they kept coming up civ. The other thing that keeps me from doing it is they may low post but vote a civ vote which would mean they were helping the cause. Thanks for sharing your reasons, this comes up as an issue often on this sight so I wanted your insight.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

sprityo wrote:I can agree 100% with Scotty on that.

I've got nothing I can shed any light except per say my visit to the asylum (which im surprised no one else who visited had mentioned it yet) this is assuming we all recipes the same message.

Preview edit: yes we all in fact received the same message.
Your visit to the asylum....what's the end of that sentence?

Anyway I didn't find the message relevant to this game yet, since it talked about Harley Quinn's calling cards. She's not even in the game. :shrug2:

sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

A good detective shouldn't ignore even the smallest of clues
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

juliets wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
sig wrote:
Actually, the second one here is sort of game-related, because I'm unable to change my vote. :p

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

juliets wrote:
Scotty wrote:

I used to default to low/no posters on day 1 but they kept coming up civ. The other thing that keeps me from doing it is they may low post but vote a civ vote which would mean they were helping the cause. Thanks for sharing your reasons, this comes up as an issue often on this sight so I wanted your insight.
when it comes to low posters, I look at the tone and gravity of their posts. If you are low posting, and there are no low posters, it falls into the realm of either a) timing issues or b) wallflowering. If you've posted even once, it's a sign that you are here, which is great. But low posting has a way of not revealing much about a player except for tone reads. And unless they're actively contributing things in their brief posts, I'm gonna :eye: all over them.

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

sprityo wrote:A good detective shouldn't ignore even the smallest of clues
Thanks for answering my question posed to you with a riddle or something.

So if you received the same message, what do you make of it, o Sherlock Holmes?

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:I know this is probably a stupid thing to say but you sound really frustrated here Zebra. I understand why and try not to worry - not everyone is oblivious to your efforts. Whilst it'd be a disaster if you were Mafia, I think you're a huge asset to us if you're not and I for one would like to give you the the chance to help us win this :hug:
That's not a stupid thing to say at all, you're absolutely right. I know a lot of you are giving me the time of day but it's seemed to me like anyone who I suspect is not. Thank you. :hugs:

At some point S~V~S said recently that she contributed to my frustration, again I disagree. That was all on me.

Now MM, you've given two reasons for voting for me. The first made sense to me: that I had over 100 posts but had not caught up with the thread. I've gone over why this is. At the time you came in and asked me for a summarization (this is a word now) of what was going on I was still extremely frustrated and still trying to respond to Matt. Anyone can tell you I'm number one in being in the middle of conflicts this game so far, particularly battle wall text type conflicts, so trying to keep up with all of that while still trying to be patient and not get emotional with anyone was and to an extent still is my top priority. I'd rather have made this many posts and not be completely caught up with the thread then to have already voted and not be caught up with the thread, you follow? The second reason you gave was that I'm the first alphabetically in all the vote options and that votes aren't changeable. I'm going to guess you were making fun of sig by giving that reason since you had already given your real one.
Pretty good conclusion there zebra.

But it was mainly snark as opposed to making fun of sig, though there's not much of a difference there.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DrWilgy wrote:I'm feeling that Zebra is civ y'all.

She's not flingin shit everywhere like baddie Zebra, and her focus and frustrations seem to be that of civ Zebra.
DrWilgy, why do we fall?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Bullzeye »

Scotty wrote:
sprityo wrote:A good detective shouldn't ignore even the smallest of clues
Thanks for answering my question posed to you with a riddle or something.

So if you received the same message, what do you make of it, o Sherlock Holmes?
While we're in the business of solving riddles, Team Wayne Manor were told that the place with (or worth? I dunno, sometimes it's hard to understand American) 31,000 dollars is connected to one more murder than where Killer Croc is hiding. We also weren't allowed in, so no raiding Bruce's booze cabinet for me.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

DFaraday wrote:MM, that's an awfully early vote. As someone who lately keeps getting lynched for voting early, I can tell you that usually doesn't end well.
Thanks for looking out for me DF. I think I have a phobia of seeing polls without my vote on it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Certainly not to learn to pick ourselves up, MM.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

And upon investigating, I've also just realised Killer Croc isn't in this game either. I had thought perhaps it meant the place where the player who is Killer Croc had chosen to go. Since it can't be that, perhaps he's tied to an actual game location? If I were a big lumbering beast like him, I'd be hiding in the sewers or somewhere with open water - maybe the docks? Anyone who went there confirm whether or not they saw a giant, creepy, angry dude with scales?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I don't know, does Killer Croc know a Peach Wilkins?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Oh never mind haha, that's just a clever cross-reference.
Typhoony
I'm an Economist
Posts in topic: 220

Post by Typhoony »

Are we sure it's a good idea to talk about this stuff? One of the rules specifically mentions that it is not in your best interest to talk about the map
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I'm being as careful about it as I can.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Aside from not talking about it at all, I guess. :ponder:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

I think I have identified our log out issue!!

No, seriously, right now there is not much I can do about the log out issue we are having. I have a few places to start, but can't do much at work (silly employers expect their concerns to come first :confused2: ).

For now clearing your board cookies (there is a link at the bottom of every forum page) and browser cookies seems to help a bit; it is happening less, but it still happens after doing that. With any luck it is just a server issue that will self resolve, but if it doesn't we will try to figure it out tonight.

Thanks for patience :nicenod:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Typhoony wrote:Are we sure it's a good idea to talk about this stuff? One of the rules specifically mentions that it is not in your best interest to talk about the map
Well Epi said:
Epignosis wrote:
DFaraday wrote:Hosts: Are we permitted to discuss the results of our poll choices?
Permitted? Knock yourself out. :shifty:
Which isn't a no... It's out there now anyway and if Epi isn't okay with it then I'll say no more on the topic.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I could see lynching a lower poster at this point, but lets not get into the only lynch low poster mind set. Some players don't have as much to say or are simply intimidated by our mega posters. We can see high posters don't necessarily equal town, but as of right know I don't have many mafia reads.

I am getting civvy vibes from Zebra and Golden.
I liked spirityo's earlier posts as well.

Scum read wise I really don't have many I've got a slight scum ping on Enrique and TH. I don't like Enrique's early opinion of the inmates, but the more it was discussed the less scummy his view seemed.
My main suspicion of TH came from his case against me, but it seems like that was a misunderstanding. I'd like to see a few more posts from our more silent players.
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Yeah, it's pretty clear that is allowed but discouraged, not discouraged for the game's balance but discouraged for whoever wishes to engage in it. So I'm not going to avoid it altogether but I am going to be very careful with it.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

*it is
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Let me make it clear right now that I refuse to support the lynch of a low poster.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

We are allowed to discuses the map options, but it might not benefit certain players. I think some of the messages are nonsensical while others might offer clues. Either way I think it is a neat addition. The question is who will be hurt from discussing messages? The mafia will be talking about it in BTSC so I'd think the civs are most likely to be hurt from not discussing it.
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

:suspish:
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

a2thezebra wrote:Let me make it clear right now that I refuse to support the lynch of a low poster.
Why?
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

sig wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Let me make it clear right now that I refuse to support the lynch of a low poster.
Why?
Because in my experience that has never benefited the civ cause. Not once.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

a2thezebra wrote:
sig wrote:
Why?
Do you think it is more common for the mafia to push for lynching low posters or to defend low posters?
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

a2thezebra wrote:
sig wrote:
Why?
Better than randomizing. At least it's a reason, and IMO it's better to lynch someone who isn't getting involved than it is to pretend some contrived tiny thing you found is a legit excuse for a lynch. Day 1 can be hard. Also yes I'm aware I say this as one of the lowest posters in the game since I missed nearly all of day 0 but tbf I did say I'd be doing that beforehand.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

sig wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
sig wrote:
Why?
Do you think it is more common for the mafia to push for lynching low posters or to defend low posters?
It depends on the situation. You could have some mafia wanting to defend a low poster that they know is civ if everyone's going after them, and you can have some mafia wanting to lynch low posters if no one's going after them so that they can't really be blamed for the low posters flipping civ since there wasn't that much content to misinterpret. In a game like this with multiple factions and a ton of indys there's no telling, but in any case I don't think a low poster lynch will be beneficial. I think we want to go those who are talking more so that if we get a mafia there, we'll have lots of content to look for connections and create a domino effect for dead baddies. A low poster lynch, even if it's not a mislynch, only helps us with numbers slightly and always leaves us at square one for the scumhunt.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

On that note, what I find interesting is that there are 7 players with fewer posts than me despite the fact I missed the first 30-40 hours of the game.

Gonna acknowledge the linki and point out I'm referring to my own previous post which is now not the most recent one in the thread.

Return to “Previous Jobs”