Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 1]

Post by MacDougall »

I could see a scum Matt Golden. He actually is coming across exasperated which I would expect him to be if he's Mafia AGAIN.

As I said before, he is a scum lean and the fact that you are scum reading him is lending weight to the read.

The only issue I have is that Matt has a tendency to be a scummy seeming townie, I am never sure of my read on him.

MP on the other hand... he's flown under my radar here so far. As I've mentioned before I've been pretty well skimming posts looking for tone pings or really standout things and MP hasn't flagged me.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

DFaraday wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I feel like Scotty's argument for wanting to lynch (or more to the point expressing that sentiment) a no show is something I've seen scum do before at this point of the game. When a mafia aligned player is at sea early game without having been able to start a conflict with anybody (the usual driving force behind successful blending) lynch a lurker or policy lynch somebody is often the carrion cry. His interest in doing so was made to feel even less genuine when he said he specifically didn't want to do it to Equivocate for being new and left only lovedelic as an option, who is also new. His argument that he knows lovedelic is not new to Mafia by virtue of him having played with him on RYM is also sketchy on account of lovedelic only having played one complete game on RYM before, I'd consider that new and he's damn sure new to the syndicate. So Scotty knew he was new.

Dom then went on to point out that Scotty "needs concrete info" ... I actually love Dom's point. Scotty doesn't want to lynch MP because he needs concrete info, but earlier he wanted to lynch lovedelic who hasn't even posted.
I think you've raised some good points. As a typically low poster myself, I'm wary of anyone who uses "not talking" as a reason to vote someone. In my experience, a player who has teammates is more likely to contribute, so I don't see the logic here in going after low posters. Any ping at all is better than no ping (which is what you have when they literally haven't said anything).

I will be at work all day tomorrow, so I can't check in again before the poll closes. I'll go ahead and *vote Scotty*
I am not used to this. :smile:
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by DFaraday »

MacDougall wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
MacDougall wrote:I feel like Scotty's argument for wanting to lynch (or more to the point expressing that sentiment) a no show is something I've seen scum do before at this point of the game. When a mafia aligned player is at sea early game without having been able to start a conflict with anybody (the usual driving force behind successful blending) lynch a lurker or policy lynch somebody is often the carrion cry. His interest in doing so was made to feel even less genuine when he said he specifically didn't want to do it to Equivocate for being new and left only lovedelic as an option, who is also new. His argument that he knows lovedelic is not new to Mafia by virtue of him having played with him on RYM is also sketchy on account of lovedelic only having played one complete game on RYM before, I'd consider that new and he's damn sure new to the syndicate. So Scotty knew he was new.

Dom then went on to point out that Scotty "needs concrete info" ... I actually love Dom's point. Scotty doesn't want to lynch MP because he needs concrete info, but earlier he wanted to lynch lovedelic who hasn't even posted.
I think you've raised some good points. As a typically low poster myself, I'm wary of anyone who uses "not talking" as a reason to vote someone. In my experience, a player who has teammates is more likely to contribute, so I don't see the logic here in going after low posters. Any ping at all is better than no ping (which is what you have when they literally haven't said anything).

I will be at work all day tomorrow, so I can't check in again before the poll closes. I'll go ahead and *vote Scotty*
I am not used to this. :smile:
Well, he's the only one I've found at all pingy, and I can't wait to see if anything else pops up.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I have not played with Scotty before I don't think. Unless he has a different username on RYM. I have observed him in a couple of games here though and I got the impression he, like Matt, is quite a pingy player alignment aside... but here he has seemed to contradict himself quite badly on two occasions (Lovedelic + MP).
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Yeah I've seen baddies call for lynching inactives before, I've also seen civs do it. IMO it is irrational civ behavior because I get the sentiment but it's not helpful. I find Matt's behavior more concerning and would vote for him over Scotty atm.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote:Yeah I've seen baddies call for lynching inactives before, I've also seen civs do it. IMO it is irrational civ behavior because I get the sentiment but it's not helpful. I find Matt's behavior more concerning and would vote for him over Scotty atm.
What exactly about Matt's behaviour is worse?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I thought it was out of character for him to get upset over people disagreeing with him or finding his POV suspicious.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote:I thought it was out of character for him to get upset over people disagreeing with him or finding his POV suspicious.
And the possibility of Matt being out of character is more compelling than the points raised against Scotty?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MacDougall wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I thought it was out of character for him to get upset over people disagreeing with him or finding his POV suspicious.
And the possibility of Matt being out of character is more compelling than the points raised against Scotty?
I'm pretty sure I already said that it is and even explained why I think so.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Turnip Head wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
I'm pretty sure I already said that it is and even explained why I think so.
Okay that's fine. I disagree.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:
Typhoony wrote:Are you suspicious of Glorfindel SVS?
I am not sure, tbh. I was just intrigued by his reaction to having read the thread. There was alot of tunnel type stuff and some quite a bit of tension at some points going on, and he only noted one thing, and his opinion on that seemed a bit one dimensional.

His reply was very well crafted; and tbh, it felt kind of *crafted* to me, if you get my feeling~ designed to appease. I can't be anywhere near sure at this point; he is unfailingly polite and I don't know him well, so have no basis of comparison. SO my initial thought, intrigued, best fits my feelings at this time, I think.

Do you have an opinion?
Glorfindel was much the same in Star Wars. Unfailingly polite. He felt frustrated being suspected for being, essentially, nice (at least, that was my take on his frustration). He was replaced by Daisy, who I think turned out to be bad. But I have the sense that the nice, polite Glorfindel will be seen in all affiliations.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:formy atrocious typing
Oh SVS, this is just...

:beer: :p
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

sprityo wrote:A good detective shouldn't ignore even the smallest of clues
Not really referencing this specific post, but I have some civ vibes from sprit generally.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:Let me make it clear right now that I refuse to support the lynch of a low poster.
You mean, solely for being a low poster, right?
Golden
The Coward

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Golden »

Enrique wrote:
sig wrote:I was saying I also found it scummy that Enrique said Golden was a baddie for wanting to hunt mafia and not just the Inmates.
This made me facepalm and it's just so terribly worded to make me look bad. I said Golden was a baddie for wanting to hunt mafia and not just the inmates? Really? Is that how you perceive me?
That is how I perceived you at the start of our discussion. I don't think it is an unreasonable perception. Because of our discussion I came to a different view, but thats how you came across to me, and why I suspected you at that time.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Let me make it clear right now that I refuse to support the lynch of a low poster.
I find this odd coming from you since in the past you have been for lynching low posters.
You're obviously referring to Star Wars. For one, I was a baddie then. Two, I disagree that I was lynching low posters or even advocating the lynch of low posters. I think you got that impression because I did an ISO of every player on Day 1 to appear supatown with GTH reads on each one, but even then with most of the lower posters that I read as bad (and I read a lot of the higher posters as bad as well) I said with each one of them that I could easily change my mind because my thoughts on them came from such little content at that time, and in most cases that turned out to be true. Hell, one of the low posters that I read as bad was my teammate DrWilgy, and he was the only one I was really vocal about possibly advocating a lynch for later in the game.
I understand that but the thing that's bothering me this game with you is how you keep going out your way to say " I was bad when I did that" . I think it's typical baddie behavior to point out how they are playing the game different this game. If that makes any sense.
I often get accused of things that point to my civ game and try to point out how my baddie game doesn't show those things and my civ game does. When I'm civ. I do it when I'm bad too... but I think meta is important.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:Can I get an outsider's opinion on what I'm seeing in zebra's game.
Hey, there you go, I gave you one!
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

This is something I do every game, regardless of my alignment. I do firmly believe in giving people who want to play the option to play and don't see why this is controversial to you. You seem like the aggressive type, from the games I've observed of you, so I'm not holding it against you, but I do think that your accusation that this is some sort of "carrion cry" is blown way out of proportion.

You don't agree with my principals. That's fine. I'm an odd bird, and I usually get shit on day 1 for being such. But I do not think I am contradicting myself here.
sig asked which of the low posters I found most suspicious, and I decided to get to that when I get to that, naming Equiv- who I don't know and is apparently new- as a policy no-lynch. He has a few posts and has made an effort. Fine.
There's only one no-poster and that is lovedelic. As an addendum to my previous comment, the fact that I have played with him before doesn't matter, but it helps my conscience. Let's say I haven't played with him before and he is new here. I'd still vote for him. I want to give new players a chance, but I have a hard time talking to a ghost.

As for my "needs concrete info" comment, my philosophy is that day 1 is a crapshoot. I am a more statistical voter- I tend to look at how people vote and the outcome of such. It's no secret that's just how I play my day 1. Just so you know.
If that is a basis for lynching me, then your mind is already made up.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:How would someone be able to bring up stats to back up an opinion like that? While I don't agree that that is always bad, I do know that a lot of people believe it since I know *someone* always says that to me when I contrast my bad and good games.

Do you suspect Bass for thinking this?
I don't agree with Bass, but I don't suspect him for it.

My own perspective comes from the fact it is something I say when civ. I don't think bass is the kind who would. So he can only go from his own experience of it which he claims is normally baddie...

That seems fine to me.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Enrique wrote:btw they loved me :)
Yay :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: :beer: good job Enrique.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Glorfindel wrote:
sig wrote:I'm null on Glorfindel right now, but have been pinged by him.
Have you now, my friend? Whilst I may not be familiar with the playstyles of a lot of people in this game, I am with yours. By you own admission (on multiple occasions) you have stated that you prefer to play Mafia and feel that you perform far better in such roles. From my experience, that is undeniably true. Looking to a recent example (Pikmin Mafia) where you were a Townie your performance was awful leading you to an early lynching that game. I'm not getting those vibes from you this game - I feel a pervading sense of self-assurance about your posts that concerns me a little. I'm not quite sure what to make of you persistent push to discuss the map... I'd be curious about other's opinions on Sig's posts so far.
I feel very good about sig - but I can't deny that based on sig's history this could point to a baddie. He does normally seem to struggle a lot more when he is town.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I don't think thats grounds to vote for him, though, and I wouldn't unless I felt there were other reasons to see him as bad.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

DharmaHelper wrote:All I am going to say about my location is that Epignosis has an ear for Voice Acting talent.
And also a voice for it.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

DFaraday wrote:

Are you kidding me, DFaraday? I've explained my logic for no/low posters. You are often a low poster, and I don't hold that against you. I really don't. "Not talking" is not necessarily a reason in and of itself to suspect someone, but it can be suspicious nonetheless. It's the tone and quality of posts that I look at. Not posting much? That's fine, but at least have something substantive to say in so many words.

"a player who has teammates is more likely to contribute" Umm, ok, that is a strategy that can be used, I guess. But that isn't canon, no sir. I've seen plleeeeenty of low-posters that have turned out to be scum, wallflowering their way silently to endgame.

"Any ping at all is better than no ping (which is what you have when they literally haven't said anything)." Again, our philosophies differ here again. After 20 pages of bantering, you decide to come out of your cocoon and cast a vote on me because you think I am lumping anyone that doesn't post much as target practice? Really? I mean Jeez, I already said I'm voting for a no-poster, not a low poster. If I think that one of the low posters deserve my vote if and when lovedelic decides to play, I'll cross that bridge.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Without quoting it all, I like TH's point on SVS. Although I'm terrible at reading her generally.

I also don't find Scotty to be shifty. Or shitty.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:MP on the other hand... he's flown under my radar here so far. As I've mentioned before I've been pretty well skimming posts looking for tone pings or really standout things and MP hasn't flagged me.
Willing to take a specific pass of MP for me and let me know what you think when you are thinking about him?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:MP on the other hand... he's flown under my radar here so far. As I've mentioned before I've been pretty well skimming posts looking for tone pings or really standout things and MP hasn't flagged me.
Willing to take a specific pass of MP for me and let me know what you think when you are thinking about him?
Of course.
Golden wrote:Without quoting it all, I like TH's point on SVS. Although I'm terrible at reading her generally.

I also don't find Scotty to be shifty. Or shitty.
You know what actually no. You can make your own cases since you are dismissive of mine without offering insight as to why.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Your case on Scotty is fine (The difference in his attitude between MP and low-posters in particular is a really good point that I agree with).

I was addressing people all calling him shifty, not your case. It's not my perception of Scotty's game play (even when bad).
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 187

Post by Glorfindel »

Golden wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
I am not sure, tbh. I was just intrigued by his reaction to having read the thread. There was alot of tunnel type stuff and some quite a bit of tension at some points going on, and he only noted one thing, and his opinion on that seemed a bit one dimensional.

His reply was very well crafted; and tbh, it felt kind of *crafted* to me, if you get my feeling~ designed to appease. I can't be anywhere near sure at this point; he is unfailingly polite and I don't know him well, so have no basis of comparison. SO my initial thought, intrigued, best fits my feelings at this time, I think.

Do you have an opinion?
Glorfindel was much the same in Star Wars. Unfailingly polite. He felt frustrated being suspected for being, essentially, nice (at least, that was my take on his frustration). He was replaced by Daisy, who I think turned out to be bad. But I have the sense that the nice, polite Glorfindel will be seen in all affiliations.
At the risk of sounding like a complete fool, my problem with Star Wars was partly because of family problems and partly BECAUSE I was Mafia. I haven't been Mafia often but when I have, I'll admit that I struggled - it's hard to explain... I'm basically pretty much 'a heart on my sleeve' kinda person and for some reason my discomfort at having to lie to people (especially those with whom I consider friends) does make me quite transparent when I'm drawn a role like that. Basically, I'm just very bad at being bad :shrug: Anyone reading this may doubt my sincerity and that's fine I guess, but I've played two games here (Star Wars and Pikmin) my performance in each was poles apart and it's there for you all to see - you can make up your own minds.

I do drop by and check on this thread at different times throughout the day and I've noticed on a number of occasions that Magnus (Nerolunar) is often on at the same time yet he seldom seems to post :shrug: I think very highly of the guy outside of this game and the posts of his that I've read here have been insightful - I'd just like to read more...
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by Sorsha »

Glorfindel- is that normal for nerolunar? To be around but not posting?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Glorfindel wrote:I do drop by and check on this thread at different times throughout the day and I've noticed on a number of occasions that Magnus (Nerolunar) is often on at the same time yet he seldom seems to post :shrug: I think very highly of the guy outside of this game and the posts of his that I've read here have been insightful - I'd just like to read more...
I've had the same observation. We haven't had a night phase yet, but is there any possibility nero is silenced during this day phase, or have we already heard from him?

Nero - speak up. Glorfindel's assessment is right - your posts are insightful, but your quietness is concerning.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Sorsha wrote:Glorfindel- is that normal for nerolunar? To be around but not posting?
Hard for me to say my friend. My involvement with Magnus is generally with games very different to Mafia and I've only played a handful (if that) of Mafia games with him. I'd hardly say he was a prolific poster in these kind of games and to be fair, this IS his first game on this site so I'm making allowance for that. I do find him articulate and intelligent and his intuition isn't bad. I think he'd contribute constructively to the deliberations here...

Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Nerolunar »

Hi everyone.

Im sorry about not posting more. Im housing a friend who can´t be at home because of private reasons and it is impacting how much I can read and post. She has highest priority rigfht now, but she will be returning on Friday so until then I won´t be playing much. Did go on yesterday and read from page 19-23 but didn´t have time to post. Okay, well here are some thoughts and reads that I have gathered:

I'm opposed to lynching low posters just for the sake of it. It´s strange that Lovedelic has not posted at all, but I wouldn´t waste a lynch on him in case he is going to get modkilled anyway. I don´t know these hosts, but the opportunity is still there. We should hunt for the mafia or inmates instead right now.

Im lacking scum reads on people right now. I don´t like how Metalmarsh instantly voted for Zebra, especially when we had a whole day ahead of us. Im still reading Zebra as slightly scummy, but Metals behavior still strikes me as odd. Elaborate on that please.

Glorfy was also really polite last time we played. He was civ there. I don´t read him as mafia, but maybe independent this game. Not a primary lynch target right now.

Im finding Juliets and Bea really hard to read. They are both very floaty and not posting that much(maybe because of private reasons) but I will be keeping an eye on them for a while. Especially Juliets. I know I have also been somewhat floaty and not contributing that much, but I just didn´t feel like entering the arguments that some of you guys have had(Matt/Zebra, Golden/Enrique and so forth). Big walls of text about things that are kind of trivial are not appealing at all, sorry. Good discussions to have Im sure, but not something I would like to get involved in.

I wish Bullzeye, Bubbles and Floyd would post more. Im interested in hearing some thoughts from them.

How much time until EoD? I honestly don´t know who to vote for yet, as I don´t have clear scum reads on anyone.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

And btw my friend is out training for her driver´s license, so I have a few hours here to discuss stuff. Bring it on guys! :grin:
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

Do you have an opinion?
That's funny, because that's kinda how I felt with a post you made just before this one :p I'll spoiler the post:
S~V~S wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Well, 20 pages in and I'm not much the wiser. I don't know a lot of the players here (well, not well anyway) but from the time I have spent here, I'd draw one conclusion. I played with Zebra in Star Wars and I saw a really slick performance from a very confident operator who always seemed in control. In Pikmin, I saw Zebra as a very transparent Townie who was picked off early by the twin forces of evil and ignorance. This game, I'm getting Pikmin vibes from her again. She's playing demonstrably differently to how she did in Star Wars and while it's possible that she is simply using her extraordinary ability to pull the wool over my eyes, I'm inclined to give her the benefit of the doubt. I'm simply not getting bad vibes from her at this stage.
a2thezebra wrote:Like, I don't articulate myself very well very often. Fine. But I fucking try. I try to get people to understand and if anyone has a concern no matter how many or how much, I try to address them, even if I feel like it's something I've already addressed and explained as many times in as many different ways as I can conceive of. But when I feel like the same isn't being done for me, it kills my motivation to keep putting in this effort. Because where is it getting me?

I don't understand how someone can spend an hour and a half writing a post addressed to someone to explain their suspicion of them and not only have it not acknowledged but then that person has the nerve to demand that the person that put in that effort start answering their questions as if they haven't already done that, while constantly misrepresenting that person.
I know this is probably a stupid thing to say but you sound really frustrated here Zebra. I understand why and try not to worry - not everyone is oblivious to your efforts. Whilst it'd be a disaster if you were Mafia, I think you're a huge asset to us if you're not and I for one would like to give you the the chance to help us win this :hug:
So you read the whole thread? Awesome :D

Fresh eyes are a good thing. I see you have strong opinions on this one situation; do you have any thoughts on Enrique vs Golden? Golden played Star Wars. What about Mac & TH? Did it read like a slip to you? All of these things took over the thread for a time. You have commented fairly in depth on one; I would appreciate your thoughts on the others.

While I am still waffled on Zebra, I feel pretty much the opposite to you regarding Matt. Having just hosted him bad, I will say that him jumping out the gate and speaking his mind is very par for the course for civ Matt. He knows he may frustrate people, but he dowesn't just speak his piece, he OWNS his piece. He takes that piece andhe does the cha cha on it. Bad Matt was a bitmore cautious about going full out until endgame. Not seeing that here.

I was also fairly involved in that situation, at least at the beginning. Any opinion on me? My thoughts on Zebra were pretty much really similar to Matts. Since your one towen read, Zebra, and your one bad read, Matt, come from the same situation, I would be interested in hearing your opinion as well.

Taking a break was good, and the second half of Day Zero with my unchangeable vote already made seemed like a good time [/hissy]

I did not and do not find anything odd about THs word choices. I have seen people lambasted for "trying too hard" by saying "we", and also seen them attacked for saying "they", like, "Oh aren't you a civ, that you talk about 'them' in the third person?". And his reaction was more inline with what I would expect from him as a civ. He would have been smoother & shrugged it off more had he been bad, I think.

That said, I trust Macs tone reads, in the games I have played with him, I have seen him to have a good gut. So not particularly suspecting TH, but will keep more of an eye on him than I may have done. I am not one to discuss who I trust, but if I did have oneof those lists, while TH would not be the top name, hewould be very far from the bottom. Mac, too, really.

Now that you have done so, Glorfindel, I need to reread the thread some today to clear out my preconceived notions.
I know that carefully crafting posts and appeasing others are things that are in YOUR baddie wheelhouse SVS, as opposed to just winging it as a civ, so maybe it's genuine for you to call Glorfy out on that... but I think it's noteworthy that those same things could be said of your post. That said, you defended my honor in that post which you didn't have to do (and also appeased Mac's gut ) so if your intention was to appease me, you have mostly succeeded XD

I agree with you that baddie Matt lurked in the shadows most of the time he was bad in GoC, but I also agree with Glorfindel that there's something different abut his behavior here. Matt seemed genuinely frustrated and upset at both Zebra and the players not agreeing with him, and he let that seep into his tone more than I'm accustomed to seeing from him. I don't know what it means about his role, if anything at all, but it's a side of Matt I haven't seen before. He's usually so happy-go-lucky.

You see me as an appeaser :puppy: ? Is that how everyone see me? That kind of makes me sad. I always think of myself in a very different way than that. Seriously, I do.

That initial post to Glorfindel was fairly carefully made, though. I wanted Glorfindel to actually TALK tome, not to run away screaming. So I did word it very precisely. I found it intriguing, as I said, that that was all he took away from his reread of the thread. I found him mildly suspicious, but not majorly so. But it obviously wasn't all that carefully crafted since Glorfindel did not answer all of my questions, and two other people immediately swooped in and asked if I was suspicious of him, lol.

And everyone keeps talking as if I was talking about his politness & good grammar. I was talking about his word choice and what he did and did not say. So my post was careful, yes, but in a totally different way. A careful question and a careful answer in Mafia are not the same.

As for you, I don't think your word choice odd, and if I was to suspect you, it would not be for that. Plus Mac, like Epi, really, CAN be uncanny. So I won't blow someones opinion off for being a tone reader, since I am one as well. So I will keep his opinion in the back of my head, but I would not vote for you based on it. This is how I actually feel and I said so.

Linki, This host (at least one of them) does not like to modkill. And nice to see you :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And guys, is that really how you all see me? As an appeaser?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

You think this is what he did as a baddie in GOC? Becasue I don't :shrug:
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

S~V~S wrote:And guys, is that really how you all see me? As an appeaser?
Not my initial impression.
ImageImage

S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:
S~V~S wrote:formy atrocious typing
Oh SVS, this is just...

:beer: :p
What? I got a new laptop a few months ago, an ASUS. With my old laptop, I could rest my wrists on the edge of the front, and just type. This one has a huge space between the edge and the keys, so I have to hover over, and it has been a learning curve, lol. I ran all my words together for a while. It is oneof the reasons I stayed out of the chatrooms in GOC as much as possible, harder to proofread and still keep up with the conversation.

I was always a horrible typist, but this laptop is teaching me to be a better proofreader. But I still miss a few. Maybe one day I will even get rid of "Becasue".

Not sure if you think that typo is "carefully crafted" since you liked THs point, but it was just a typo. Honest.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Nerolunar wrote:
Thank You! I like you already :hug:

End of Day is shown in the poll. It is 8:30 PM eastern. You are in Europe, I believe? Western Europe is a 6 hour shift, so 2:30 AM your time I believe. Do you have theboard set to your time zone?
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

No, but I'm going to do that right now. Thanks!
ImageImage

Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Bullzeye »

Nerolunar wrote: I wish Bullzeye, Bubbles and Floyd would post more. Im interested in hearing some thoughts from them.
I don't know if I like being lumped in with those two. I may be a low poster but I now have seven times as many posts as either of them do and did say before the game began that I'd be missing the first few days. I didn't actually expect to be home until today, but work stuff came up so I came back early. I've made an effort to get myself involved and find some investment since I got back whereas Bubbles and Floyd seem not to have made an effort at all.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Bullzeye wrote:
Nerolunar wrote: I wish Bullzeye, Bubbles and Floyd would post more. Im interested in hearing some thoughts from them.
I don't know if I like being lumped in with those two. I may be a low poster but I now have seven times as many posts as either of them do and did say before the game began that I'd be missing the first few days. I didn't actually expect to be home until today, but work stuff came up so I came back early. I've made an effort to get myself involved and find some investment since I got back whereas Bubbles and Floyd seem not to have made an effort at all.
I might have glanced over you then. Sorry about that.
ImageImage

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Nerolunar wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
I might have glanced over you then. Sorry about that.
It's fine, everyone else does too :P

I have no problem being called out for being a low poster I just specifically didn't like being compared with those two.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Magnus, Hi, Buddy :) I was just curious - you said you felt that Zebra was "slightly scummy" (as much as I detest that word) - are you able to elaborate as to why you think that? I respect your ability and your views and given the more she posts the more I'm convinced she's not Mafia, I'd like to understand what you see that perhaps I don't.

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

S~V~S wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:

End of Day is shown in the poll. It is 8:30 PM eastern. You are in Europe, I believe? Western Europe is a 6 hour shift, so 2:30 AM your time I believe. Do you have theboard set to your time zone?
If I may? I seem to have a problem with my time zone. I have it set to AEST in the Board Preferences (which is correct) but the timing on the posts on the thread appear to be on AEDT :shrug:

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Glorfindel wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:

If I may? I seem to have a problem with my time zone. I have it set to AEST in the Board Preferences (which is correct) but the timing on the posts on the thread appear to be on AEDT :shrug:
You probably need to change your daylight saving time settings.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Bullzeye wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:

I beg your pardon? :shrug:

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Glorfindel wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:

I beg your pardon? :shrug:
When the clocks go back/forward?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

The line under the Time Zone drop down; for me it is set to "No" since it is Winter here:

Whichever one you have checked (since it is summer where you are; iirc someone said you are in Oz?) try checking the other option and see how that works for you.

Return to “Previous Jobs”