Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 421

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 2]

Post by S~V~S »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:@MM Why would someone opt not to vote instead of voting for someone with zero votes or casting a suspicious vote?
The Penguin
As a powerful informant, The Penguin learns the role of the person he votes for, and may blackmail his victim. The victim has a choice to either do whatever The Penguin says or have his or her role sent to a rival person. The Penguin wins by surviving.
Ok. Why would the Penguin forfeit its vote and ability?
Good Question, lol. I am waiting for the interrogations of everyone else who has asked carefully worded questions and missed a vote.
Turnip Head wrote:I feel like the answers you're seeking are in the thread.
When someone asks someone a question, and they direct them to the thread instead of just answering, it gets my eye. Pretty much always.

Another thing that getsmy eye is that you seem to be throwing out a lot of darts, and dropping them if they don't stick in a target. You lobbed one at me, I defended against it, and you dropped it until others picked it back up again.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Controversial opinion (maybe): I feel pretty good about S~V~S based on what I'm reading (EoD).
Would you care to elaborate on that please MP?
I don't have much backing up that opinion, but from a tone-based perspective I'd say she's reading pretty genuine to me. Usually I find myself questioning S~V~S's intentions more than most players even, but I haven't done that yet.
It's still early :p
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Only had 300 posts left to catch up on, big post and everything half written too :disappoint:
Reminds me of that time when some asshole nightkilled me in Star Wars when I was three-quarters finished with an ISO of everyone's interactions with a single player. :disappoint:
Or that one time I was in the middle of writing a giant multi quote post mid afternoon, and found out I was dead in linkitis, Good times :pout:
Enrique wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:What do you propose then, Enrique?
I think history tells us our hosts really don't like ties, and it wouldn't be unlike them to give the final say to a secret role like the Joker. That Epig post right before the lynch has to mean something, right?
Epi has used tie breaker roles in the past. But I do like the Wilgy=Robin theory.
Typhoony wrote:
Enrique wrote:@Hosts: What do you do in case of a tie? :grin:
:suspish:
Epignosis wrote:
Typhoony wrote:Hosts:

- How do you decide lynch ties?
:shrug:
Also, Wilgy wasn't around for the last 8'ish hours of the lynch looking at his posts. How would he have sent in a lynch stop?
Thats a good point. Unless he was in here reading but not posting (unlikely since he was in one of the hot seats).

OK caught up to what I missed last night, I am going to take the advice of Mac, I believe it was, who said he was going to start over.

I feel better about Glorfindel. I am 90% positive DH is a civ. TH, not so much.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 187

Re: Arkham Mafia [Night 1]

Post by Glorfindel »

S~V~S wrote:I reread some last night before I fell asleep at 8:30 (I think I have the flu, someone at work had it and I feel like someone beatme with a bat
I am genuinely sorry to hear that you aren't feel well my friend. I sincerely hope you are feeling much better very soon. It really sucks being sick... :(
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief
Posts in topic: 20
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/herself/they

Post by sabie12 »

I missed out on quite a bit while I was asleep. RIP Wilgy. I'll have to spend a little more time reading through posts before I make a decision on who to vote for.
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Also get well soon SVS
Sometimes life does seem all planned out, like there's no choice in the matter. But that's just an illusion.
~Darren Shan~
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Nerolunar »

Welcome to Gotham Sabie :)

Guys I can´t stop thinking about the Riddler. What pinged me was the "Why do we fall?" question that someone(cant remember who) asked out of the blue. Could it be possible that the Riddler is supposed to ask a riddle every day and gets a bonus if someone answers or something? Im probably just grasping at straws here, but I like brainstorming so why not.

Get well soon, SVS.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Glorfindel wrote:
sig wrote:What do you think of Zebra with her info sharing, then after getting heat claiming it was a trap?
Why should we look into the map people more?
Also I've never been proven wrong in this context since I've never lead a lynch successfully on a civ before, but there is a first time for everything. I'll ISO and do a quick read over of your past two games and see what I see, but I think I'm right and that you are anti town this game.
I'll get back to you when I can Sig about your questions - thank you for posting them here for me.

As for your ISO, please be my guest. I am not afraid of an honest, transparent evaluation of my posts as it could only bear out the truth...

"I do none harm, I say none harm, I think none harm. And if that not be enough to keep a man alive, in good faith, I long not to live."

Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons.
Sorry Glorffy, but this seems kinda tryhard. We get you´re a nice person :P

You´re laying it thick here.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Bullzeye »

Nerolunar wrote:Welcome to Gotham Sabie :)

Guys I can´t stop thinking about the Riddler. What pinged me was the "Why do we fall?" question that someone(cant remember who) asked out of the blue. Could it be possible that the Riddler is supposed to ask a riddle every day and gets a bonus if someone answers or something? Im probably just grasping at straws here, but I like brainstorming so why not.

Get well soon, SVS.
I feel like it was more than one person on more than one day asking why do we fall though. Still an interesting idea.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 1]

Post by Nerolunar »

Nerolunar wrote: Im lacking scum reads on people right now. I don´t like how Metalmarsh instantly voted for Zebra, especially when we had a whole day ahead of us. Im still reading Zebra as slightly scummy, but Metals behavior still strikes me as odd. Elaborate on that please.
Metalmarsh please explain why you voted for Zebra at the beginning of Day 1. To me it felt very rushed, especially considering we had a whole day ahead of us to discuss.
ImageImage

sabie12
Maiden of Mischief

Post by sabie12 »

Get well soon, SVS.
That would be interesting if that's an option. I think I missed that though in my attempts to skim through 30 pages haha
~Darren Shan~
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

S~V~S wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Looking at that graph, thanks man.

Am I not remembering correct? Wasn't TH the one who called for the Wilgy wagon? Yet he didn't put the final vote on Wilgy until right at the end which put him into the tie with Scotty? Is that what the graph is telling me?

So TH calls for the lynch but doesn't commit to it until such times as it causes a tie at the EOD?
Yeah Mac the poll is showing you that I voted for a player I suspect to put them in a tie with a player I didn't suspect. There were like 10 people left to vote after me, it's not my fault that most of them didn't show up or that no one after me tried to break the tie. I called for the Wilgy wagon because he was one of my suspects who already had a vote (Bullzeye's) and Typh voted for Wilgy right before I tried to give it some steam. I repeatedly said that I didn't find Scotty or the other lynch candidates suspicious and my vote reflects that so what exactly is your point?
You sound rather annoyed here. This also got my eye while you were discussing the whole we/they thing with Mac. Not a thing I associate with you.
Mac has been on my case all game and I've been more than patient responding to his points. But his point here made no sense. He literally accused me of trying to get my suspect lynched. I was annoyed whether you associate that with me or not.

S~V~S wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:My beef with SVS isn't that she missed the vote or that she wanted to vote for her top suspect. It's that she was in "Anyone but me" mode at the early stages of EoD and that seemingly continued right up until the buzzer. She didn't give reads on Scotty or Wilgy and I recall her being suspicious of Zebra but didn't put a vote there. That gives me a distinctly indy vibe from her and I'd like her to prove that vibe wrong. I plan on giving her some breathing room to operate Day 2 because I know it's easy to lose sight of other things when you're fighting for your own life.

Wilgy and bea are my top suspects. I told Wilgy I'd present him with my history lesson so for anyone curious here's his ISO from Recruitment IV (unrecruited then civ) and Pikmin (where he was civ and, in this very thread, claims to have barely played). Let the record show that in Pikmin he had 22 posts in the first 48 hours of the game and attempted to engage multiple players in multiple discussions. In this game he had 8 posts in the first 72 hours, granted this game is of larger scale than Pikmin. In Star Wars he had 5 posts in the first 72 hours. Take from that what you will. But his rate of posting isn't the only reason he's suspicious to me. The only player I see him engaging in meaningful discussion here is Mac who he's agreeing with, I don't see him trying to engage in discussions with others who's opinions do not line up with his own, unless it's to defend himself or toss out a quick read. As I said before Wilgy could go a long way toward changing my mind by proving he's engaged with the game, and I didn't get him lynched Day 1 so he has that chance now.

For bea I feel she is trying to fly under the radar. I said before that her lack of catch up posts makes me think she's reading the thread and reacting to it at different times and that makes me feel like she's trying to be careful. She did say that she wasn't doing her catch-up posts because she gets flak for doing them but I hereby give her permission to do them again because those posts help me get the best feel for her as a player. In addition I've mentioned her a few times now but those mentions seem to have gone unnoticed and I don't know bea to be a player who doesn't respond to posts about her. When bea is civ I can usually feel it and I'm not feeling it this game. She too has a chance to prove her civvieness to me going forward. And you know I love ya bea.
I did not have reads on Wilgy or Scotty, yetanother reason I did not want to vote for either of them. In a game where I could not change my vote, a I was getting pushes from several directions, I was paranoid.

Wilgy had not been online at all, not just in the thread, he had not been anywhere, and it was Day One. Scotty did not seem any different than he usually does tome when he getslynched early often. Not as often as sig, your initial target. But enough.

I have extensive experience with Bea,and I don't think she has BTSC. When her schedule allowed for it, she was doing all of her yay, happy girl stuff in the thread. Plus I think if she had a partner, she DOES check chat on her phone at work, she would be in here posting more if she were being nudged.

I think she is yet another easy target for a lynch. It is possible she is one of those indies, but I don't think she has a partner.
You did not have reads on Wilgy or Scotty, and you say "yet another reason [you] did not want to vote for either of them", but this is the FIRST reason you've given. And I don't think it was so much to ask that you share that before the lynch, when you were around at EoD, because not sharing your thoughts is what gave me the impression that you weren't interested in who was lynched as long as it wasn't you.

You're throwing a lot of shade at me here, emphasizing that you think my lynch targets are easy as often as you can. I would call this a "carefully crafted" post. In any case, if you think my suspects are easy then fine, but my thoughts are genuine and I've been out here trying to figure the game out since the word go.
S~V~S wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I feel like the answers you're seeking are in the thread.
When someone asks someone a question, and they direct them to the thread instead of just answering, it gets my eye. Pretty much always.
I don't see you (or anyone else) answering spirtyo's pointless question. Maybe I just said what everyone else was thinking. If he wants to know why Scotty and Wilgy received votes he can read the thread. It's not like we all cast silent ballots.

S~V~S wrote:You sound rather annoyed here. This also got my eye while you were discussing the whole we/they thing with Mac. Not a thing I associate with you.
S~V~S wrote:I did not and do not find anything odd about THs word choices. I have seen people lambasted for "trying too hard" by saying "we", and also seen them attacked for saying "they", like, "Oh aren't you a civ, that you talk about 'them' in the third person?". And his reaction was more inline with what I would expect from him as a civ. He would have been smoother & shrugged it off more had he been bad, I think.
Which one is it, SVS?

S~V~S wrote:Another thing that getsmy eye is that you seem to be throwing out a lot of darts, and dropping them if they don't stick in a target. You lobbed one at me, I defended against it, and you dropped it until others picked it back up again.
If by "throwing out a lot of darts" means trying to find baddies, and "dropping them if they don't stick to a target" means I don't pursue someone I no longer suspect, then that's exactly what I'm doing :shrug:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Get well soon, SVS.
Why do we fall, Neru?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I don't know why I've been calling you Neru all this time. Your name is clearly Nero.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Turnip Head wrote:I don't know why I've been calling you Neru all this time. Your name is clearly Nero.
I was almost about to mention it :P

I have no idea and I don´t want to look it up.
ImageImage

Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I do think it's wrong to call my suspicion of bea easy though. I'm giving her every opportunity to change my mind, and I even told her how she could do it.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 92

Post by DFaraday »

MP is there any particular reason I'm so far down on your list?

Glorfindel, I appreciate your Man for All Seasons references. :noble:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Based soley on result of yesterdays lynch, I wouldn't try to lynch Scotty again btw. (Still 900 posts behind. Still think TH is a badewd.)

I suppose a "thoughts at this point rainbow" may be needed before EoN. I may not be here.
Scotty
Zebra
Mac

Everyone else
Dom
Bea
TH
Yeah, that gives my theory some real plausibility there. Thoughts?
I agree. Tim Drake's power would have worked regardless of who lost the tie. I'd vote to save Scotty today.

By the way, the fact you are the one figuring this out? Thank god I see civ MP, finally.
Knock knock.
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Matt wrote:
Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Based soley on result of yesterdays lynch, I wouldn't try to lynch Scotty again btw. (Still 900 posts behind. Still think TH is a badewd.)

I suppose a "thoughts at this point rainbow" may be needed before EoN. I may not be here.
Scotty
Zebra
Mac

Everyone else
Dom
Bea
TH
Yeah, that gives my theory some real plausibility there. Thoughts?
I agree. Tim Drake's power would have worked regardless of who lost the tie. I'd vote to save Scotty today.

By the way, the fact you are the one figuring this out? Thank god I see civ MP, finally.
Knock knock.
Come in, it's open.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Knock knock, Bullz
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Matt wrote:Knock knock, Bullz
Who's there? I hope it's that pizza I ordered!
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Not the one
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Not the one who?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Not the one who destroyed you in Lost. Bwahahahahaha. :haha:

Back to Golden, knock knock.
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Matt wrote:Not the one who destroyed you in Lost. Bwahahahahaha. :haha:

Bitch :P

Are you cursed or did you just regress to an age where knock knock jokes are funny again?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Bullzeye wrote:

Are you cursed or did you just regress to an age where knock knock jokes are funny again?
Knock knock.
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Matt wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

Knock knock.
Who's there now?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

S~V~S
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

You know what, I'm not even falling for it again.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

S~V~S, the one who destroyed you in Lost bwahahahaha. :haha:
Image Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Yeah well maybe if you hadn't screwed things up so monumentally on day one and forced us to take a stupid direction things might have gone completely differently for our team.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Bullzeye wrote:Yeah well maybe if you hadn't screwed things up so monumentally on day one and forced us to take a stupid direction things might have gone completely differently for our team.
Knock knock.
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

Matt: Knock knock
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

answer the fucking door i'm zebra's post that you've been ignoring for days
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Enrique wrote:answer the fucking door i'm zebra's post that you've been ignoring for days
:evileye:

Knock knock
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

what do you want?
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Enrique wrote:answer the fucking door i'm zebra's post that you've been ignoring for days
:haha: :haha: :haha:
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Funny
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Enrique wrote:what do you want?
Funny
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

MovingPictures: Why sig, why Matt? Your rainbow list almost looks like it's sorted by participation except when you randomly throw those two at the end despite not having mentioned them before as far as I can tell.
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Matt wrote:
Enrique wrote:what do you want?
Funny
Enrique - "Funny who?"

Funny you bring up Zebra's post right now when I'm clearly more interested in telling knock knock jokes. :suspish:
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

sorry tho i was under the impression that we'd get an answer as soon as she linked it. no wait, after the lynch post when people couldnt use it against you. no wait, somewhere in between finishing your burger king and going to sleep.

Two days ago.
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Enrique wrote:sorry tho i was under the impression that we'd get an answer as soon as she linked it. no wait, after the lynch post when people couldnt use it against you. no wait, somewhere in between finishing your burger king and going to sleep.

Two days ago.
Knock knock
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

matt noooo
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Looking for an easy lynch target
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Matt wrote:Looking for an easy lynch target
Enrique - "Looking for an easy lynch target, who?"

:suspish:
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Mhm, I think he was trying to be as inoffensive as possible. Why not the two of you, when you've done everything so that no one comes out in your defense?

That said your refusal to address that shit is fishy as fuuuuck.

linki: I'm a little past that by now
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 261

Post by sig »

Glorfindel wrote:
sig wrote:What do you think of Zebra with her info sharing, then after getting heat claiming it was a trap?
Why should we look into the map people more?
Also I've never been proven wrong in this context since I've never lead a lynch successfully on a civ before, but there is a first time for everything. I'll ISO and do a quick read over of your past two games and see what I see, but I think I'm right and that you are anti town this game.
I don't think Zebra should have shared her information but on the other hand, how do we know she didn't lie about what she learnt? It's true, she did subsequently claim that it was a trap. Whether it was or not and if it was, what was the point of it? I'd respectfully recommend you ask Zebra. As I've stated before (and it should be blatantly obvious by now) there are many players in this game with experience and skill far superior to mine. I'd count Zebra as one of those. I too would like to know what it is she hoped to have achieved by doing what she did but I wouldn't know :shrug:

As I said earlier in this post, I don't know specifically why it is not in our best interests not to talk about the map (and presumably information we find there/or don't find there as the case may be) but I'm prepared to take the rule (14) at face value. My question to you, Sig (and yes, any other player supporting the information sharing position) - is why in this instance do you advocate tossing Rule 14 aside with gay abandon? I suppose that to an extent we have Zebra's answer in that she used the debate to set some elaborate trap :shrug: But what about you, Sig and anyone else who's supported information sharing?
I don't like this you seem like you don't want to criticizes Zebra at all. You say we should take a closer look at map sharing people, but then brush off that Zebra shared stuff by saying maybe she lied. You've also not answered for why we should take a closer look at them. Players having more experience means nothing, you also seem to be excusing her based around the fact you think she is a much better player then you and I don't like that. I've already answered why I thought sharing what we learned was good and I'm not reopening whether or not we should share information. Know I'm talking to you about your post which seemed like a set up for people who advocated for sharing, yes you seem to not count Zebra in that group?

I'm not sure about TH first he tried to get me lynched and that didn't pan out, so he switched to Scotty on flimsy reasons. I'd need to think about him more, but right know I still think Glorfindel is bad.

Glorfindel wrote:
bea wrote:I feel like the thing between sig and glor is more rooted in a history I've not experienced with them. At times I find myself siding with both of them. And then second guessing each time I side with one or the other of them.
It is true bea that Sig and I have played many Mafia games together and believe it or not, outside of Mafia games we're really good friends :hug: I genuinely care about the guy a great deal. He's probably the player with whose playstyle I feel most familiar. I've been burnt that many times by him though in these games, I know just what he's capable of...

Having said that, I'm not outright accusing him of anything or threatening him in any way. Again, I just felt uncomfortable with some of the statements he's made and asked for an explanation.

I would say this thing isn't really rooted in history. We are slightly more familiar with each others playstyle and I have tricked him in a few games as mafia. However, my suspicion of him this game has nothing to do with our history I'm simply gut reading his niceness as not genuine. Usually I find it obvious if he is being genuine or not, this game not so much.

@MP why am I so low on your list?

linki: Is Matt cursed or?
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Enrique wrote:That list look really... safe.

Why is Bubbles so low, for one?
How is it safe?

I remember almost nothing of what Bubbles has posted, so it's a default "slightly" bad look. I did that for others when I asked myself "what did ____ say?" and couldn't think of anything.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Matt, who do you think we should lynch today? Any players you think might be bad (or "independent")?

linki @ mp: Just explained. But also, isn't this how Bubbles always plays? Is she "default bad" for you every time?
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Nerolunar wrote:I think it´s a good catch with the theory about Robin, although it is weird how Wilgy was killed immediately afterwards. IIRC Robin only has one instance of his ability? Then he would almost just be like a normal cop, just affiliated with Wayne Manor.

Im kinda siding with Sig in the debate on information sharing, although I do not think you should look at tone when searching Glorfindel. He is always polite whenever he writes something, and I can´t seem to spot a post where he deviates from this. I assumes this is true even when he is mafia. I do belive that both of thekm are civs though, but I do not think we should share information about the map.

@ MP can you elaborate on why I'm in the baddie end of your rainbow?
I'm not entirely sure. :p I remember getting distinct feelings of you questioning motives, like during the S~V~S "would she skip the vote?" discussion, and getting a read that you're not genuinely trying to hunt for mafia but instead just stirring up unrest. There was no alignment-based merit to that discussion.

It's still a very preliminary list; I'd have to ISO you and others to get a better idea of why exactly I felt the way I did when making it.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Enrique wrote:Matt, who do you think we should lynch today? Any players you think might be bad (or "independent")?

linki @ mp: Just explained. But also, isn't this how Bubbles always plays? Is she "default bad" for you every time?
Knock knock
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”