Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Enrique »

who's there
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

Nero
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Nero are you the Joker?
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 454
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Enrique wrote:Matt, who do you think we should lynch today? Any players you think might be bad (or "independent")?

linki @ mp: Just explained. But also, isn't this how Bubbles always plays? Is she "default bad" for you every time?
Essentially, unless in her little bit of content she gives me a glimmer of civilian-minded perspective. I have no such posts yet that display that perspective, so yeah. In theory Bubbles could be a town read, even if she barely posts, if she utilized those posts to show that she's hunting and/or thinking from a townie-like mindset. Does that make sense?
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

RIPIYWG Dr. Wilgy. I feel bad that you were the last one to sign up, allowing Epi to start the game and now you got killed night 1.

I think the theory about Robin thats being discussed makes sense. I will not be voting for Scotty today.

Lol Sorsha, as I've watched Glorifindel (hope I spelled that right) get accused for being too nice I have thought "there but for the grace of God go I". I'm not inclined to vote for him based on that accusation given some who know him are saying it's not alignment indicative.

Question for me is who should I vote for today. I'm hopeful the day will bring conversation that will help me find a suspect. I am wondering why Matt hasn't responded to zebra's post after all the back and forth about who was going to retrieve it. I'm not saying that deserves a vote at this time but it does concern me.

p.s. TH, I also was somewhat annoyed when sprityo asked why Scotty and why Wilgy when I knew on the Scotty side several of us gave explicit reasons in the thread why we voted the way we did. I'm just not one to sass people unless they sass me first. Sprityo this does not mean I suspect you, I just wanted you to read the thread.

jesus, linki out the kazoo
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Enrique - "Nero who?"

Nero, he who constantly brings up the Riddler.
Image Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: Arkham Mafia [Night 1]

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
bea wrote:
Or you know, someone who a) knows his RL is pretty hectic and b) who has misread him a bunch before and c) prefers not to see hyper MP on drugs and stuff. Ask him what I did to him as a host once. That's a great story. I'm asking questions about him because I'm curious. I'm not so quick to judge him bad just in case. I feel like he has earned just a little bit of leaway here this early in the game. Am I wrong in thinking that? If so why?
I'll give MP plenty of leeway in terms of his ability to contribute. I have no problem with that.

But if I think what he does contribute looks suspicious, I won't not call him out on that.

And I think MP would be ok with that being where I draw the line.

@MP - the only way you can really shake my suspicions is not by answering questions so much, because my problem with you in the early game was quite tone-based and also based on you having what I perceive to be a double standard... well maybe you could respond on that bit... because I felt like you were criticising actions from others (when I say criticising, I mean seeing them as potentially baddie tells) when they are actions you would make as a civilian.

But, mostly, the only way I'm going to shake the suspicion of the tone-based aspect, is when you do have the chance to post and if I think you are coming off more genuine. I haven't really had a chance to read todays posts properly yet. Others have told me that (on a tone level) they disagree with me. I'm taking that into account.
Ah, I see where our discrepancy is coming in. I wasn't seeing what zebra was doing, when I had that back and forth with her, as a baddie tell. If anything, with each post she was making I was seeing her display town tells, town tells that I display when I get mislynched, yet nonetheless I realized she gets mislynched for those tells early on in many games (I've seen it happen!), so yeah I was trying to get a distinct handle on my read for her but more importantly was trying to get her to see the unintentional things she does sometimes as town that gets her unwarranted attention. Because when she does that too much, it takes attention away from everyone else. Does that make sense? It's probably a rambling mess, sorry. :P
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

sig wrote:I'm not sure about TH first he tried to get me lynched and that didn't pan out, so he switched to Scotty on flimsy reasons.
We cleared up our misunderstanding sig and I dropped it, do you think that was a disingenuous move on my part (by characterizing it as "didn't pan out")? And I never switched to Scotty :suspish: If you're talking about Wilgy, you can call my reasons flimsy if you want to. I don't see anyone else coming out with bulletproof cases on Day 1.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Enrique wrote:Matt, who do you think we should lynch today? Any players you think might be bad (or "independent")?

linki @ mp: Just explained. But also, isn't this how Bubbles always plays? Is she "default bad" for you every time?
Essentially, unless in her little bit of content she gives me a glimmer of civilian-minded perspective. I have no such posts yet that display that perspective, so yeah. In theory Bubbles could be a town read, even if she barely posts, if she utilized those posts to show that she's hunting and/or thinking from a townie-like mindset. Does that make sense?
It does. Can you explain your reads on Matt and sig?
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:And I'm all for creating content and posts, but I'm just going to rant here really quickly, since instead of being one of the large posters that's constantly caught up I actually am in the position of the folks who are always feeling behind.

When you argue for pages about the same damn thing and don't progress solving the game, you're wasting everyone's time. The immense back and forths between Enrique and Golden, as well as Matt and zebra, fall into this category. It keeps people from being able to be fully grounded in the game.

Please create content and solve the game, but if you're going back and forth with someone and you can honestly ask yourself if you're helping progress the game and you can't say yes to that question, then walk away and let others judge the conversation. Seriously, there are way too many posts I'm skimming that add nothing.

/rant
:omg: :faint: :flamed: :haha:
I know, right? I never thought I'd be the guy making that post.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Matt wrote:Enrique - "Nero who?"

Is that why? :suspish:
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Enrique wrote:
Matt wrote:Enrique - "Nero who?"

Is that why? :suspish:
Knock knock.

Enrique - "Who's there?"

Matt - "Sure"

Enrique - "Sure who?"

Matt - "Sure that's a sound reason."
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Any ideas on who might have cursed you?
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Matt and sig? Yeah, sure. Again, their placement on my list last night probably means I need to ISO them more than anything and then reevaluate to see if I still find them suspect, but:

Re: Matt, if anyone came out looking badly out of the Enrique v. Golden and Matt v. zebra fights, it was Matt. I felt like he seemed the most potentially manipulative of the bunch, but that was just my gut evaluation, and I'll admit I didn't read those back-and-forths closely. Other than that, I'm not seeing that townie spark I get from Matt when he's rolled civilian. Usually he's throwing crazy theories out there and hunting like nobody's business. But he's not doing that at all.

Re: sig, I get a nervous feeling from some of sig's posts, and I felt like he was dwelling a lot on the "why did Wilgy die?", seemed like unnecessary WIFOM to me. I also think Turnip Head's observation regarding why sig didn't mention the suspicion was an astute point.

That said, both of these folks wouldn't be top choices for me today... at least not right now. I need to focus on zeroing in some mafia reads since I feel I don't have any proper ones at the moment. Hope that answers any questions.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

EBWOP to be fair to Matt, it appears his tongue has been tied for Day 2, so I won't necessarily count that against him.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I also think Turnip Head's observation regarding why sig didn't mention the suspicion was an astute point.
What are you specifically referring to?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DFaraday wrote:MP is there any particular reason I'm so far down on your list?

Glorfindel, I appreciate your Man for All Seasons references. :noble:
Pretty much the same reason as Bubbles; I asked myself, "what has DFaraday said this game?" and couldn't think of anything. That could be as much my fault as it is yours, though, since I'll be the first to admit I'm far from fully comprehending all of the posts in this behemoth of a game. So, what are your thoughts?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Enrique wrote:Any ideas on who might have cursed you?
Knock knock.

Enrique - Who's there?

Matt - Matt

Enrique - Matt who?

Matt - Matt, who likes to tell knock knock jokes. Who said I was cursed? :shrug2:
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

My vote in the poll does when you have no reason to be ignoring zebra anymore.
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

He likely has instructions not to tell anyone he is cursed.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I also think Turnip Head's observation regarding why sig didn't mention the suspicion was an astute point.
Your case here.

That said, I'm not discounting sig's response to you, but the original point still strikes me as an anti-town look. From what I've seen, townies tend to be less afraid to voice suspicions or thoughts that they have for fear of bringing attention to themselves.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Enrique wrote:My vote in the poll does when you have no reason to be ignoring zebra anymore.
Knock knock.

Enrique - Who's there?

Matt - Your

Enrique - Your who?

Matt - Your call, easy lynch target guy. :suspish:
Image Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey juliets, let's talk. What are your thoughts?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Your case here.

That said, I'm not discounting sig's response to you, but the original point still strikes me as an anti-town look. From what I've seen, townies tend to be less afraid to voice suspicions or thoughts that they have for fear of bringing attention to themselves.
FWIW I no longer agree with myself on most of the points I raised in that post. I would not characterize sig as being afraid of voicing suspicions.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Bullzeye »

Disregarding secrets, the only role with a curse I can see is The Joker. Unless I'm missing something?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

juliets wrote:He likely has instructions not to tell anyone he is cursed.
I'm assuming this is what happened
Anyone who targets The Joker will be made insane by the toxic flower on his lapel. He needs Batman, Gordon, Falcone, and Maroni dead. *Secrets*
You know what's great about that? Not only do crazy people know who the Joker is, but it narrows down their possible roles by a lot.

So it's not a good look for Matt either way, but I was hoping he could give us a better lynch option for today.
ImageImageImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Nerolunar »

Enrique wrote:Nero are you the Joker?
Nope.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey juliets, let's talk. What are your thoughts?
Lol Mp I just gave my thoughts - I will not vote for Scotty, I'm not inclined to vote Glori if we are just talking about him being too nice because others have indicated that is not alignment indicative, and it bothers me that Matt didn't respond to zebras post after the long back and forth they had about it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Matt wrote:
Enrique wrote:My vote in the poll does when you have no reason to be ignoring zebra anymore.
Knock knock.

Enrique - Who's there?

Matt - Your

Enrique - Your who?

Matt - Your call, easy lynch target guy. :suspish:
I'm gonna play like this next time. Never do anything remotely civ and then when people call me out just say I'm "an easy lynch target."
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Enrique wrote:
juliets wrote:He likely has instructions not to tell anyone he is cursed.
I'm assuming this is what happened
Anyone who targets The Joker will be made insane by the toxic flower on his lapel. He needs Batman, Gordon, Falcone, and Maroni dead. *Secrets*
You know what's great about that? Not only do crazy people know who the Joker is, but it narrows down their possible roles by a lot.

So it's not a good look for Matt either way, but I was hoping he could give us a better lynch option for today.
Knock knock.

Enrique - Who's there?

Matt - What the fuck?

Enrique - What the fuck who?

Matt - What the fuck do you mean it's not a good look for me, easy lynch target guy?? :suspish:
Image Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Your case here.

FWIW I no longer agree with myself on most of the points I raised in that post. I would not characterize sig as being afraid of voicing suspicions.
What changed your mind?
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I count one civvie role that even targets another player at night, along with one secret who might.

I count many more baddie ones :grin:
ImageImageImageImage
juliets
Dancing Pancake

Post by juliets »

Enrique wrote: I'm assuming this is what happened

Enrique, i lost you here. Why would someone who is insanified know who the Joker is and why does it narrow down their possible roles?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

juliets wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Hey juliets, let's talk. What are your thoughts?
Lol Mp I just gave my thoughts - I will not vote for Scotty, I'm not inclined to vote Glori if we are just talking about him being too nice because others have indicated that is not alignment indicative, and it bothers me that Matt didn't respond to zebras post after the long back and forth they had about it.
Sorry, I must have missed a prior post of yours, and I hate to make people repeat themselves. I've been kind of all over the thread. So thanks for answering. :D

Do you have any thoughts or reads on anyone else at the moment?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Your case here.

What changed your mind?
Well for one thing, half of my case was based on one of sig's posts that I misread. I don't currently see sig acting like he's afraid to speak his mind, do you?
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 261

Post by sig »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Re: sig, I get a nervous feeling from some of sig's posts, and I felt like he was dwelling a lot on the "why did Wilgy die?", seemed like unnecessary WIFOM to me. I also think Turnip Head's observation regarding why sig didn't mention the suspicion was an astute point.
I mentioned it yes, but so did you? In fact one could say your role hunting for robin if he is still alive.

@Matt do you think you where cursed by someone or you did something like target someone and that got you cursed?

linki: Stop posting when I'm trying to submit.
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

juliets wrote:

Enrique, i lost you here. Why would someone who is insanified know who the Joker is and why does it narrow down their possible roles?
Because... they need to target the Joker in the first place. Whoever they went after that night, that's the Joker.

It narrows down their role because most civs don't do anything at night ;)
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Turnip Head wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Your case here.

What changed your mind?
Well for one thing, half of my case was based on one of sig's posts that I misread. I don't currently see sig acting like he's afraid to speak his mind, do you?
No, not particularly.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 261

Post by sig »

juliets wrote:

Enrique, i lost you here. Why would someone who is insanified know who the Joker is and why does it narrow down their possible roles?[/quote

@Juliets.

"The Joker
Anyone who targets The Joker will be made insane by the toxic flower on his lapel. He needs Batman, Gordon, Falcone, and Maroni dead. *Secrets*"
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Matt I'm gonna ask again, do you have a different name to offer?
ImageImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sig wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
I mentioned it yes, but so did you? In fact one could say your role hunting for robin if he is still alive.

@Matt do you think you where cursed by someone or you did something like target someone and that got you cursed?

linki: Stop posting when I'm trying to submit.
Yeah, but IIRC you kept pressing the topic. I'll go back and look when I get the chance to see if I'm misremembering how much you talked about it. And I'm not sure how one could say that; elaborate for me.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Enrique wrote:I count one civvie role that even targets another player at night, along with one secret who might.

I count many more baddie ones :grin:
Knock knock.

Enrique - Who's there?

Matt - I don't even know

Enrique - I don't even know who?

Matt - I don't even know how you came to the conclusion that I targeted anyone last night or that I was cursed by the Joker, you are assuming too much.
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

You could very very easily debunk that theory if you wanted to / could.
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Re: Arkham Mafia [Night 1]

Post by Dom »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Based soley on result of yesterdays lynch, I wouldn't try to lynch Scotty again btw. (Still 900 posts behind. Still think TH is a badewd.)

I suppose a "thoughts at this point rainbow" may be needed before EoN. I may not be here.
Scotty
Zebra
Mac

Everyone else
Dom
Bea
TH
Yeah, that gives my theory some real plausibility there. Thoughts?
I agree. Tim Drake's power would have worked regardless of who lost the tie. I'd vote to save Scotty today.

By the way, the fact you are the one figuring this out? Thank god I see civ MP, finally.
Can someone explain this theory to me? I still don't really get it, and if I'm wrong about Scotty, I'd like to know.
Enrique wrote:answer the fucking door i'm zebra's post that you've been ignoring for days
:faint:

So... that's good timing that Matt put off responding to Zebra's post (to all of our amazement) and now is just *~unable~* to respond. Either it's fake (sus as hell) or Enrique's theory about him being (very likely) bad is true.
juliets wrote:

"The Joker
Anyone who targets The Joker will be made insane by the toxic flower on his lapel. He needs Batman, Gordon, Falcone, and Maroni dead. *Secrets*"

Enrique, are you the Joker?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Nerolunar »

Did anyone happen to be taken hostage/silenced by Renee Montaya? If no one is, then its likely that Matt is Renee and therefore civ.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I'm not the Joker.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Nerolunar wrote:Did anyone happen to be taken hostage/silenced by Renee Montaya? If no one is, then its likely that Matt is Renee and therefore civ.
idgi. Why would Renee's power fail here?
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Knock knock?

Who's there?

:disappoint:

:disappoint: who?

:disappoint: :disappoint: :disappoint:
Image Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dom, the theory is that:

1) DrWilgy is Robin.
2) Because DrWilgy was in danger of being lynched, he stopped the lynch.
3) However, despite he and Scotty being publicly tied, somehow Scotty was the one that was supposed to die.
4) Because of that, Robin "saves" Scotty by stopping the lynch. If you look at Robin's role, you'll see he can stop the lynch once for himself and one other time for someone else. When stopping for someone else, he "saves" that person and learns their role.
5) DrWilgy then comes into the thread, after the lynch is over, and strongly implores us not to lynch Scotty, implying that, if he was Robin, he must have saved Scotty and got a civilian check from him.
6) Therefore, Scotty is a civilian, as long as DrWilgy was Robin.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

Nerolunar wrote:Did anyone happen to be taken hostage/silenced by Renee Montaya? If no one is, then its likely that Matt is Renee and therefore civ.
Why likely?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”