Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 2]

Post by Matt »

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Idgaf

Idgaf who

Idgaf if I'm lynched, but I advise you all to look squarely at Nero/Enrique if you're civvie.
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:
Typhoony wrote:Golden, all you are doing by claiming the Scotty is civ theory is convincing evidence is painting a huge target on his back for nightkills. If you truly believe him to be civ, why do this?
Ah, the old 'nightkill target' argument again.

I already dealt with this shit in GoC. I'm here to solve the game. I have had so many games in which people have declared my civ for various reasons and I haven't been nked. Many games where I've been NKed with no particular clear reason for it. The idea of 'target painting' in that sense is, to me, a straw man argument for why civilians shouldn't even try to figure out who other civilians are.

If people are going to criticise me for declaring people civ, then I may as well hang up my mafia playing boots, because this is how I've played the game since day one and I'll never stop. Civilians figure out who each other is is, quite literally, the only way I've ever seen civilians win. You have to figure out more of them than the number of NKs available.
While that's a fair point in general, this game is different because the mafia have to specifically wipe out the civs and they don't much care about the horde of escaped criminals.
We'll have to agree to disagree on that. I don't want to get back into a day zero discussion of who it's most important to lynch.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 1015

Post by Golden »

@TH - though, what I'm really point at is Enrique's response to MP. It seems to have shifted from 'why are you saying something so obvious that anyone could work it out' to 'why are you speculating on something when there are many possible explanations'. It bothers me that Enrique isn't keeping his ideas about MP straight, regardless of whether or not MPs speculation has merit.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 261

Post by sig »

I don't know what is up with this info thing Zebra is going on about but, that you are know using that as a tool to get me lynched over Matt is pingy. Your early vote is just as suspicious as his Zebra, maybe even more so since he did say he wouldn't be around.

I don't see the case against Enrique at all? It seems people suspect Nero for posting about the Riddler? But, if he is how is he on Enrique's team? I'm confused with that whole argument.
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Bullzeye »

Typhoony wrote:This is not a 'various reason'.

You're pushing the narrative that Scotty is civ. Is he in danger of getting lynched?
If yes, fair enough.
If no, why do this?

Would you do the same if you saw a rolehint for a civ? "Hello player x hinted at role y here look I'm solving the game".
No, you wouldn't.
We're here to figure out the baddies. We're not here to declare who all the civs are. That counts even more so in this game.

And now I really have to go. Bye nubs
I agree with this perspective. I think publicising lists of all the most trustworthy (presumed) civs helps the baddies a lot more than it helps anyone else, because they know who isn't getting lynched and who's a potential threat to their victory. By all means, look for the civs. Figure people out and trust away but unless someone you trust is in danger maybe keep it a little closer to your chest. Branding someone a civ is more likely to get them killed than it is to help them.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

sig wrote:I don't know what is up with this info thing Zebra is going on about but, that you are know using that as a tool to get me lynched over Matt is pingy. Your early vote is just as suspicious as his Zebra, maybe even more so since he did say he wouldn't be around.

I don't see the case against Enrique at all? It seems people suspect Nero for posting about the Riddler? But, if he is how is he on Enrique's team? I'm confused with that whole argument.
You'd have to ask Matt, it makes no sense to me either. As far as I can tell Enrique suspects Nero but Matt took the fact that Enrique thought Matt+Nero were teammates and formed a conspiracy theory out of it.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Black Rock »

Typhoony wrote:Why the fuck do people still think Wilgy was Robin when he was not around to send in the lynch stop? Please explain, thanks.

Also, I don't have a lot of time until Night 2 to follow the game so don't expect a lot from me

How do you know he didn't send in the lynch stop?
ImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 70

Post by Nerolunar »

You'd have to ask Matt, it makes no sense to me either. As far as I can tell Enrique suspects Nero but Matt took the fact that Enrique thought Matt+Nero were teammates and formed a conspiracy theory out of it.
Count me in on this. I can barely defend myself on account of these accusations.

Matt/possibly Enrique please elaborate why you find me suspicious.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 69

Post by Black Rock »

Black Rock wrote:
Typhoony wrote:Why the fuck do people still think Wilgy was Robin when he was not around to send in the lynch stop? Please explain, thanks.

Also, I don't have a lot of time until Night 2 to follow the game so don't expect a lot from me

How do you know he didn't send in the lynch stop?
Gah, never mind. I hate being behind. TH already said all of my points on this matter.
ImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 701

Post by Enrique »

Golden, I'm keeping my ideas straight. Whether MP was right or not is irrelevant, but it was also absolutely unnecessary for him to keep pushing that. Like Black Rock just pointed out, Scotty wasn't in any danger then, so why keep perpetuating the idea that he's a confirmed civ?

Also Matt is a confirmed bad and I'll make a post about it in a few mins.

linki: He didn't vote. He wasn't even in the thread for a good while (I think 8 hours?) before deadline. He wasn't here to even know he was getting lynched, or that Scotty was.

linki2: You said you understood just a little while ago. I don't feel the need to elaborate.
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 389

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden did you miss my post with the big green text? I'll talk about anything I please, and I don't think Matt should be lynched.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:@TH - though, what I'm really point at is Enrique's response to MP. It seems to have shifted from 'why are you saying something so obvious that anyone could work it out' to 'why are you speculating on something when there are many possible explanations'. It bothers me that Enrique isn't keeping his ideas about MP straight, regardless of whether or not MPs speculation has merit.
I think if you read his ISO his thoughts are consistent.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

And the reason why is because I am convinced that Matt is genuine. Purely from the thread.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I think if he was bad or even indy he wouldn't have still avoided responding to my analysis of our initial back-and-forth. :haha:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I should be able to muster up a rainbow list in a few hours.
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

@Hosts: Do role-blocking powers affect passive powers such as the Joker insanifying whoever targets him?

So, in theory, if Zucco/Szasz/Fries tried to block the Joker, would they be insanified?
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Jesus I'm like 8 pages behind. I'm sorry y'all, I just got my places call and I will respond to anything asked of me and catch up as soon as I can! Buuusy buuuusy weeked
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Nerolunar wrote:
Count me in on this. I can barely defend myself on account of these accusations.

Matt/possibly Enrique please elaborate why you find me suspicious.
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Those two

Those two who?

Those two who find Nero suspicious, Matt and Enrique, should both vote for him and encourage others to do the same, whattaya think Enrique, you do believe Nero to be bad right?
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I believe Nero to be possibly bad IF you are bad. Stop pretending you don't understand.
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Enrique wrote:I believe Nero to be possibly bad IF you are bad. Stop pretending you don't understand.
He understands. That's where his theory comes from that you're Nero's teammate and will stop suspecting him if Matt flips civ.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Enrique

Enrique who?

Enrique, who proposed that either Nero is the Joker, OR that he and I are baddie partners, so this should be easy for him to help me vote Nero out, correct? :beer:

Linki

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Liar liar pants on fire

Liar liar pants on fire, who?

C'mon, y'know the guy who assumed Nero could be Joker but is now lying, saying Nero is only bad if I'm bad???
Image Image Image Image
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

I'm going ahead and voting now not only because you're bad but also because you're insufferable.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark

Post by Enrique »

Enrique wrote:Golden, I'm keeping my ideas straight. Whether MP was right or not is irrelevant, but it was also absolutely unnecessary for him to keep pushing that. Like Black Rock just pointed out, Scotty wasn't in any danger then, so why keep perpetuating the idea that he's a confirmed civ?

Also Matt is a confirmed bad and I'll make a post about it in a few mins.

linki: He didn't vote. He wasn't even in the thread for a good while (I think 8 hours?) before deadline. He wasn't here to even know he was getting lynched, or that Scotty was.

linki2: You said you understood just a little while ago. I don't feel the need to elaborate.
I'll have the confirmed bad post ready after I'm back from buying some medicine and food.
ImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Matt

Matt who?

Matt, who is voting for Nero, encourages everyone to do the same, and if Nero flips Mafia Idgaf if you think I bussed the shit out of him, go ahead and lynch me next, then promptly vote Enrique next for his showing you here today he has no interest in lynching Nero.
Image Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Nero, your thoughts on the game so far (you don't have to comment on this Matt/Enrique business if you don't want to) would be appreciated.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Turnip Head wrote:Nero, your thoughts on the game so far (you don't have to comment on this Matt/Enrique business if you don't want to) would be appreciated.
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Why not

Why not who?

Why not?
Image Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Matt wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Nero, your thoughts on the game so far (you don't have to comment on this Matt/Enrique business if you don't want to) would be appreciated.
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Why not

Why not who?

Why not?
I don't think it's going to help me get a better read on him and I'm more interested in his takes on other players :shrug:
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Turnip Head wrote:
Matt wrote:
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Why not

Why not who?

Why not?
I don't think it's going to help me get a better read on him and I'm more interested in his takes on other players :shrug:
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Two different players

Two different players who?

Two different players suspect Nero of being the others partner, and you don't think you'll get a good read out of Nero discussing those two players? :faint:
Image Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

No because I don't think either of you are Nero's baddie partner.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Turnip Head wrote:No because I don't think either of you are Nero's baddie partner.
Knock knock.

Who's there?

I do

I do who?

I do think he's Enrique's baddie partner, if Enrique truly believes I was cursed by the Joker, and then if I say Nero should be lynched (and let's keep in mind I answered this BEFORE Enrique brought up his Joker theory, I did not know that's where he was going with that question), but now "Nope he's only bad if you're bad" wtfever, let's lynch Nero now please.
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 150

Post by Epignosis »

Enrique wrote:@Hosts: Do role-blocking powers affect passive powers such as the Joker insanifying whoever targets him?

So, in theory, if Zucco/Szasz/Fries tried to block the Joker, would they be insanified?
:shrug:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I know you think that Matt. I just don't agree with you.
juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

TH, is there any part of your case on sig that you still feel strongly about? I'm trying to figure out why there are two votes on him this early and i saw your response to MP that you didn't think most of your case was valid anymore. I get the part about him pushing us to share our info, and the issue regarding Wilgy that's recent but I'm not finding much else. I'm going to delve into zebras posts and see if I can find her reasons but you are the one who had the case on him so I'm curious as to your thoughts at the present. (Sorry if you've said it this morning - I missed it if you did).
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

What do you think, TH?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

juliets wrote:TH, is there any part of your case on sig that you still feel strongly about? I'm trying to figure out why there are two votes on him this early and i saw your response to MP that you didn't think most of your case was valid anymore. I get the part about him pushing us to share our info, and the issue regarding Wilgy that's recent but I'm not finding much else. I'm going to delve into zebras posts and see if I can find her reasons but you are the one who had the case on him so I'm curious as to your thoughts at the present. (Sorry if you've said it this morning - I missed it if you did).
No juliets not really. I don't think either of the votes on sig have anything to do with my early Day 1 case on him.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

a2thezebra wrote:What do you think, TH?
About what?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Turnip Head wrote:I know you think that Matt. I just don't agree with you.
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Turnip

Turnip who?

Turnip, who has sussed both me and Nero at different times, does not believe Enrique could be right that we're partners? :evileye:
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Turnip Head wrote:
About what?
About anything.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Nero

Nero who?

Nero, who jumped on TH with the "we" thing earlier, then TH lightly sussed him eventually dropping it completely, now TH is defending his honor? :ponder:
Image Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Matt wrote:
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Turnip

Turnip who?

Turnip, who has sussed both me and Nero at different times, does not believe Enrique could be right that we're partners? :evileye:
I don't think you're bad atm Matt, and with how you've acted re: Nero I sure as hell don't think he's your teammate.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Matt wrote:Knock knock.

Who's there?

Nero

Nero who?

Nero, who jumped on TH with the "we" thing earlier, then TH lightly sussed him eventually dropping it completely, now TH is defending his honor? :ponder:
I'm not defending Nero at all, he's one of my suspects, what are you talking about?
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

:sigh:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Turnip Head wrote:
Matt wrote:
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Turnip

Turnip who?

I don't think you're bad atm Matt, and with how you've acted re: Nero I sure as hell don't think he's your teammate.
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Regardless

Regardless who?

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Image Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

a2thezebra wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
About what?
About anything.
I have 181 posts and almost all of them contain my opinion on a variety of matters. Feel free to take a looksee.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Honestly Matt I think you fear for your own life. Trying to raise a mob against me and what not.

Strong Civ reads: Juliets, Mac and Golden. They seem very genuine and has brought on some good points. I find myself to mostly agree with these people. I should include Scotty here too since I too believe that Wilgy was Robin.

Slight Civ reads: Sorsha. This guy seems very reasonable but doesn´t post that much which strikes me as odd. Dom and MP also strike me as civvy.

My scum reads are Dharmahelper, Matt and Metalmarsh. Especially Metal as he has not explained his weird behavior of voting Zebra at the beginning of day 1. I have ased him that question a few times now and keeps ignoring it. If he doesn´t answer I might go ahead and vote him. Dharma because he only usually pops in to comment on something then leaves. Matt because he is being somewhat desperate to get rid of me and his weird conspiracy that is simply not true.

Linki These knock knock jokes are getting so annoying.
ImageImage

sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 261

Post by sig »

Just a quick little note I think Nero has only played like one game, without a theme/abilities nearly as complex as this.

Where is Eke, Floyd, and Equivocate I'd like to see some more posts from them.
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Matt wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Matt wrote:
Knock knock.

Who's there?

Turnip

Turnip who?

Knock knock.

Who's there?

Regardless

Regardless who?

I am aware of your opinion Matt.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Turnip Head wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
About what?
About anything.
I have 181 posts and almost all of them contain my opinion on a variety of matters. Feel free to take a looksee.
I didn't mean to imply that you've offered no content thus far, quite the contrary. I was just wondering where your head is primarily at right now.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

sig wrote:Just a quick little note I think Nero has only played like one game, without a theme/abilities nearly as complex as this.

Where is Eke, Floyd, and Equivocate I'd like to see some more posts from them.
Thank you sig. Im doing my best.

Get out of your cave low posters :grin:
ImageImage

Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Matt wrote:
This is going in my signature.
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”