Matt
No votes
MovingPictures07
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Typhoony
No votes
Billy Dee Williams (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
42%

Total votes: 19
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 187

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 4]

Post by Glorfindel »

Glorfindel wrote:Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious here but I've just had a thought... So far, we've had three Night phases - two odd (the Falcone family) and one even (the Maroni family). On both odd nights, we've lost two players (i.e. Dr Wilgy and Sig) yet on our single even night there was no kill by the Falcone family. The conditions as I understand them are that Tony Zucco (Magnus/Nerolunar) was to submit the night kill on Night 2 only he went and got himself lynched Day 2. In his absence, the night kill was to fall to the cop the Maroni family bought off on Night 1.

Would it not be reasonable then to assume that because there was no night kill on Night 2 that the Maroni family may have inadvertently bought off one of our absent members (or at least someone that wasn't around that much at least the latter half of Day 2 to early Day 3 :shrug:) I know we had that debate earlier about lynching the low posters but I think this sheds a new light on things for me...
And another thing... I can't recall for certain when that discussion about lynching the low posters occurred but if it happened after Night 1, I think we need to look very carefully that were most vocal in opposing the approach of lynching the no/low posters... :ponder:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Glorfindel wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious here but I've just had a thought... So far, we've had three Night phases - two odd (the Falcone family) and one even (the Maroni family). On both odd nights, we've lost two players (i.e. Dr Wilgy and Sig) yet on our single even night there was no kill by the Falcone family. The conditions as I understand them are that Tony Zucco (Magnus/Nerolunar) was to submit the night kill on Night 2 only he went and got himself lynched Day 2. In his absence, the night kill was to fall to the cop the Maroni family bought off on Night 1.

Would it not be reasonable then to assume that because there was no night kill on Night 2 that the Maroni family may have inadvertently bought off one of our absent members (or at least someone that wasn't around that much at least the latter half of Day 2 to early Day 3 :shrug:) I know we had that debate earlier about lynching the low posters but I think this sheds a new light on things for me...
Pardon my incoherence there, allow me to fix that:
And another thing... I can't recall for certain when that discussion about lynching the low posters occurred but if it happened after Night 1, I think we need to look very carefully at those who were most vocal in opposing the approach of lynching the no/low posters... :ponder:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 870

Post by MacDougall »

Epi clarified that he would allow teammates to send orders in on the behalf of other teammates. If they bought off an absentee they'd still be able to send in the kill on behalf of said absentee.

But what if they're both absent?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Glorfindel wrote:

And another thing... I can't recall for certain when that discussion about lynching the low posters occurred but if it happened after Night 1, I think we need to look very carefully that were most vocal in opposing the approach of lynching the no/low posters... :ponder:
Lol great, me again.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

MacDougall wrote:

Epi clarified that he would allow teammates to send orders in on the behalf of other teammates. If they bought off an absentee they'd still be able to send in the kill on behalf of said absentee.

I suppose that's potentially possible... although perhaps bordering on the improbable. So if we are to discount the theory of mine above, where does that leave us? The Maroni family's bought cop (that would've submitted the Night Kill) was blocked by the Falcone family? That would suggest to me that the Maroni family's bought cop is a relatively high profile player and that the Falcone family now know who he/she is and presumably are awaiting their chance to eliminate them. But then why didn't they do that last Night? That no/low poster theory is starting to sound marginally more plausible...

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 513

Post by Dom »

Why would the baddies NK someone they suspect is baddie? Why wouldn't they lynch them?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Glorfindel wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

I suppose that's potentially possible... although perhaps bordering on the improbable. So if we are to discount the theory of mine above, where does that leave us? The Maroni family's bought cop (that would've submitted the Night Kill) was blocked by the Falcone family? That would suggest to me that the Maroni family's bought cop is a relatively high profile player and that the Falcone family now know who he/she is and presumably are awaiting their chance to eliminate them. But then why didn't they do that last Night? That no/low poster theory is starting to sound marginally more plausible...
The prevailing theory is that Mr Freeze roleblocked the potential killer.

What would have happened if Zebra was the shooter and she was killed though? Would her kill still have gone through or would her being killed have prevented it?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Hosts: Do night powers go through the night someone is killed?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote:Why would the baddies NK someone they suspect is baddie? Why wouldn't they lynch them?
Yeah and you're talking about a baddie team at probable full power vs. one that isn't. They aren't a threat to be wasting night kills on.

That being said, Glorfindel... You suspected sig was bad, and now you matter of factly stated that the kill last night didn't kill a baddie. Why, while considering the possibility that the baddies blocked the night 2 kill discovering the bad guy, did you immediately rule out that they did in fact kill said bad guy, when the death happened to be a guy you had a major scum read on?

I am tempted as fek to vote for Glorfindel. So much inconsistent opining.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Wait, Mac, I'm confused, are you saying Glorfindel is a member of the Maroni or Falcone family?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Also we have a real lurker issue now. There is a mechanism at play here imo. Has to be. Not mod-killed, no replacement ... surely by now at least one of them would have reappeared and posted. It's too coincidental.

Bass's last post was on day 1. 7 days ago.
Bubbles last post was on day 2. 4 days ago.
Ekeknat's last post was on day 3. 3 real world days ago.
Equivocate's last post was on day 1. 8 days ago.
TheFloyd's last post was on day 2. 5 days ago.

That is a LOT of lurkers. More than I'm willing to assume are just coincidentally all not posting. The fact that there are players here with a history of lurking is the only thing giving me pause, but even that is almost too obvious...

If you had a role that was a kidnapping role of sorts, would you target players like this? I sure as hell would. It'd be too obvious if you kidnapped someone like me or Golden right?

I wonder if this is the part of the game that is supposed to be solved by the audio clues?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote:Wait, Mac, I'm confused, are you saying Glorfindel is a member of the Maroni or Falcone family?
I'm saying Glorfindel's inconsistent opinions about sig are making me suspicious. I haven't tried to line him up with any role though your bewildered reaction does remind me that he was silenced.

But, the mafia don't have a silencing ability and they have no secrets, so it's not like that redeems him does it? Why are you shocked that I would suspect Glorfindel?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Your reaction tells me there is some obvious reason Glorfindel isn't Mafia that I am missing?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote:Also we have a real lurker issue now. There is a mechanism at play here imo. Has to be. Not mod-killed, no replacement ... surely by now at least one of them would have reappeared and posted. It's too coincidental.

Bass's last post was on day 1. 7 days ago.
Bubbles last post was on day 2. 4 days ago.
Ekeknat's last post was on day 3. 3 real world days ago.
Equivocate's last post was on day 1. 8 days ago.
TheFloyd's last post was on day 2. 5 days ago.

That is a LOT of lurkers. More than I'm willing to assume are just coincidentally all not posting. The fact that there are players here with a history of lurking is the only thing giving me pause, but even that is almost too obvious...

If you had a role that was a kidnapping role of sorts, would you target players like this? I sure as hell would. It'd be too obvious if you kidnapped someone like me or Golden right?

I wonder if this is the part of the game that is supposed to be solved by the audio clues?
Are you positing that they are bad and hiding?
I sort of doubt it. Some of them haven't even logged in.

Bass logged in 3 days ago.
Bubbles 2 days ago.
Ek 2 days ago.
Equivocate hasn't logged in for 9 days.
Floyd for 3.

No, Mac, I don't necessarily think Glorf is civ. I actually think you made a good point, but was trying to iron out the details.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

No I am positing that there is a reason they can't post. Like a crazy lunatic has them trapped in a dingy basement gagged and bound type situation.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote:No I am positing that there is a reason they can't post. Like a crazy lunatic has them trapped in a dingy basement gagged and bound type situation.
Oh... I'm doubting it. It's a lot of new people or extremely low posters who I would expect to low post and are probably overwhelmed by the fact that this game has more posts than my entire Bullets Over Broadway game had in only 3 full phases.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Going by what you just said, Equivocate has likely pulled the pin.

So that leaves 4.

Bass last posted on day 1.
Floyd and Bubbles on day 2.
Ekeknat on day 3.

Floyd never got a vote in. Bubbles voted for nero and Bass voted for Zebra, both dead. Ekeknat didn't leave a vote behind. So I doubt there is anything to do with who they vote for.

Interestingly all their last posts occurred during day phases. That's another strange coincidence. Possibly kidnapped at the conclusion of the day phase?

Something fishy is there but I'm drawing blanks.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Bass had 43 posts before he vanished though. It didn't seem like he was up for his lurky game. He was into this one.

And, like you said it's a bunch of low posters and new players... like ALL of them pretty much. It's a who's who of players who could obviously be passed over as just having piked on the game, like you did. If you were gonna kidnap players and didn't want to make it obvious, you'd pick the ones who've vanished...

As you've pointed out most have been here since they last posted, and just didn't. But haven't in quite some time since...

We have confirmation that the actions of Scarecrow don't become undone unless he is lynched... maybe this supposed kidnapper's prisoners are only released if the kidnapper is lynched.

All crazy speculation, but it's bugging me. It's just weird.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 279

Post by Bullzeye »

MacDougall wrote:Bass had 43 posts before he vanished though. It didn't seem like he was up for his lurky game. He was into this one.
Bass is the only convincing point in your kidnapper theory. I could totally buy that he'd been kidnapped. Floyd and Bubbles are just quiet players.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Glorfindel was mafia in the Star Wars game he replaced out of and he was coming off inconsistent and nervy just like he is here. I get the feeling Glorfy is Mafia again and he might just not be suited to it.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Re: Arkham Mafia [Day 0]

Post by Bullzeye »

...And even then this post might explain his sudden absence:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Eighth :cool:
God I have missed playing mafia with you and everyone else. Also on that note I know the games that I signed up for in the past I didn't participate or subbed out its because I got into a serious relationship and couldn't figure out how to balance the two. Me and my lady friend have moved into together so it should make balancing the two a lot easier. So my hat goes off to anyone who has a significant other and plays mafia because it's extremely hard if your significant other is like mine and doesn't like cell phones or laptops out while we are hanging out. Lol
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

MacDougall wrote:
Dom wrote:Why would the baddies NK someone they suspect is baddie? Why wouldn't they lynch them?
Yeah and you're talking about a baddie team at probable full power vs. one that isn't. They aren't a threat to be wasting night kills on.

That being said, Glorfindel... You suspected sig was bad, and now you matter of factly stated that the kill last night didn't kill a baddie. Why, while considering the possibility that the baddies blocked the night 2 kill discovering the bad guy, did you immediately rule out that they did in fact kill said bad guy, when the death happened to be a guy you had a major scum read on?

Read my lips: I believe I was wrong about Sig.

Didn't the write-up describe the death in terms of "Officer down"? I took that as meaning that Sig was a cop. Although, I hadn't until now considered the possibility that he may have indeed been the Maroni family's crooked cop... That could potentially explain his reaction to Enrique's 180 on Matt Day 2 which led to Magnus/Nerolunar's lynching... :ponder:

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Bullzeye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Bass had 43 posts before he vanished though. It didn't seem like he was up for his lurky game. He was into this one.
Bass is the only convincing point in your kidnapper theory. I could totally buy that he'd been kidnapped. Floyd and Bubbles are just quiet players.
Humour me. You open your role PM to find something like this...

You are The Riddler. You have questions that need answering. Every night you target a player with The Box and they become a catatonic mindless fool unable to post, vote or use their role abilities. blah blah blah...

Now aside from the fact that it doesn't resolve the second sentence, we're just gonna ignore that because I don't see the purpose of speculating that intensively... if you had this role and you didn't want it to be obvious that this role existed. Who in this game so far would you have targeted?
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

MacDougall wrote:Glorfindel was mafia in the Star Wars game he replaced out of and he was coming off inconsistent and nervy just like he is here. I get the feeling Glorfy is Mafia again and he might just not be suited to it.
I can assure you my friend if I'm 'coming off' here as inconsistent it's due to lack of competence and not alignment :p I'm also nor ever been 'nervy' in this game. If you can't see the difference (given your degree of experience in these games) then I'd consider THAT grounds for suspicion.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Glorfindel wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Glorfindel was mafia in the Star Wars game he replaced out of and he was coming off inconsistent and nervy just like he is here. I get the feeling Glorfy is Mafia again and he might just not be suited to it.
I can assure you my friend if I'm 'coming off' here as inconsistent it's due to lack of competence and not alignment :p I'm also nor ever been 'nervy' in this game. If you can't see the difference (given your degree of experience in these games) then I'd consider THAT grounds for suspicion.
The difference between what and what? How am I suspicious exactly? And how do you know how much experience I have? Did someone in your BTSC tell you?
Glorfindel wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

Read my lips: I believe I was wrong about Sig.

Didn't the write-up describe the death in terms of "Officer down"? I took that as meaning that Sig was a cop. Although, I hadn't until now considered the possibility that he may have indeed been the Maroni family's crooked cop... That could potentially explain his reaction to Enrique's 180 on Matt Day 2 which led to Magnus/Nerolunar's lynching... :ponder:
Sounds like a really devout belief when you immediately refute it with your own post.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Glorfindel wrote:
:suspish:
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

MacDougall wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

You are The Riddler. You have questions that need answering. Every night you target a player with The Box and they become a catatonic mindless fool unable to post, vote or use their role abilities. blah blah blah...

Now aside from the fact that it doesn't resolve the second sentence, we're just gonna ignore that because I don't see the purpose of speculating that intensively... if you had this role and you didn't want it to be obvious that this role existed. Who in this game so far would you have targeted?
Hmm... When I've had silencing roles, I've always gone for the higher posters because I want to make an impact and be seen. This is different though because it completely removes a person from the game I guess. I suppose you're right, I would go after lower posters that nobody would notice going missing if I didn't want anybody to notice. I'll humour you a bit further and help resolve that sentence:

You are The Riddler. You have questions that need answering. Every night you trap a player in a puzzle (as Riddler often does in the Arkham video game series) and they cannot leave until they are rescued (presumably by Batsy) or the puzzle is solved (somehow).

Then you trap people who you don't expect to put in enough effort to ever solve your puzzles and presumably reap some benefit. I could totally see it.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Bullzeye wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:

Hmm... When I've had silencing roles, I've always gone for the higher posters because I want to make an impact and be seen. This is different though because it completely removes a person from the game I guess. I suppose you're right, I would go after lower posters that nobody would notice going missing if I didn't want anybody to notice. I'll humour you a bit further and help resolve that sentence:

You are The Riddler. You have questions that need answering. Every night you trap a player in a puzzle (as Riddler often does in the Arkham video game series) and they cannot leave until they are rescued (presumably by Batsy) or the puzzle is solved (somehow).

Then you trap people who you don't expect to put in enough effort to ever solve your puzzles and presumably reap some benefit. I could totally see it.
Now there you go... very nice theory we've concocted. Teamwork plus. Maybe there's a future for us together after all.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

FYI Glorfy I re-read the night kill post and I think you misunderstood it. The cops were chasing the killer, who obviously took one out who needs medical attention, but they were chasing him because he murdered sig. The injured cop is just flavour I believe.

Le mods?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Well if there is truth to this puzzle trapping theory so far we can account for a night 1, 2 and 3 action... There are players whose last posts fall on all of those days. And tbh there are more than enough players so he could just target people who coincidentally aren't posting anyway and really never make it obvious if there is gain to the puzzles not being solved by the victims.

Maybe the role is specifically created by LC and Epi to counteract lurkers. Make a role where lurkers play into the mechanic. Don't worry about mod-kills or replacements because Riddlebox will just chuck em in his puzzle dungeon.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Although, Riddler's puzzles are usually Jigsaw-style deathtraps not meant to be solved. So I'd expect to see people eventually die because of them.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Bullzeye wrote:Although, Riddler's puzzles are usually Jigsaw-style deathtraps not meant to be solved. So I'd expect to see people eventually die because of them.
Might be a bit of a demo man role. One puzzle, puts gradually more people in it. It goes off at a certain time killing them all.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

So, Mac, now that you and Bullz are besties, who are you looking at?
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 145
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Adding to that theory, lc has often included puzzles and, especially, mazes in games and is quite skilled at designing them. I could see there being a role that sent people into a maze or a puzzle to be trapped there unless solved, the way found out, or possibly death.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote:So, Mac, now that you and Bullz are besties, who are you looking at?
:ponder: I would have thought since you and I were engaging in it at the same time that it was obvious that Glorfindel is the answer to this question.

Do I sense some underlying intent to the question? If I was a cynic it sounds like you are trying to get me to say "no Dom I am still way suspicious of Bullzeye" so that he then goes "yeah well no u Mac" ... but only if I was being a cynic.

Black Rock thought you were bad and she wasn't Mafia. I reckon she intended for her dying breath to at least be entertained. She thought you were bad because you're being scum meta prickly pear Dom again right?

I have a bit of a theory though, and I touched on it before. Since the start of the game, despite you and I sharing a lot of the same reads you've cast dispersions at me. It started off little nibbles here and there, questioning me "acting as though we're standing side by side" etc and built to a climax of course as everybody witnessed when I was almost lynched.

In the GoC I found myself agreeing with DharmaHelper quite a lot and, as a mafia player it made me naturally suspicious of him. If I am having these thoughts and am mafia, perhaps that is why he is viewing the game through the same lens? Incidentally, it was an accurate observation.

Perhaps, that is what is occurring here. As Mafia, you are finding it suspicious that I am making the same reads as you, because you feel as though for me to come to similar conclusions I'd have to be thinking like a Mafia player.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I'm off to bed. Later.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 592
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Matt wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Matt wrote:Turnip Head, are you still suss of Mac or do you think he's clean based on you finding his supposed breadcrumb?
I'm treeteeng hees cleeem es genooeene-a unteel I see-a reesun tu duoobt it. Um de hur de hur de hu
I think you made a very solid case against Mac the other day and am wondering why you're still not pursuing it. Because Mac made a *claim* in thread?

Tbh, I think it's odd when you made a great case on Mac, a lesser case on Black Rock, vote Black Rock, suddenly day comes around and you've magically found his breadcrumb and you now take whatever that breadcrumb was solely at his word.

:ponder:
My cese-a oon Mec mede-a a lut ooff sense-a boot zeere-a ves elveys zee chunce-a it ves meesgooided. Bork bork bork! In a geme-a vhere-a futes ere-a nut chungeeble-a it's herd tu poot pressoore-a oon peuple-a thet duesn't ind in zeem getteeng lynched. Bork bork bork! I poot es mooch pressoore-a oon Mec es I cuoold tu get a reed oon heem und tooerds zee ind ooff Dey he-a felt genooeene-a tu me-a.Zee breedcroomb oonly edded tu thet feeleeng. I deedn't "megeecelly" feend unytheeng, hefe-a yuoo ifee gune-a tu luuk fur it? Iferyune-a in zee geme-a shuoold, becoose-a iff he's lyeeng zeere-a is et leest oone-a ceefiliun vhu cun deespoote-a it. Um de hur de hur de hur.

Yuoo feend it oodd becoose-a I theenk ve-a eppruech zee geme-a deefffferently. Bork bork bork! Yuoo essoome-a yuoo ere-a reeght und let thet culur yuoor percepshun ooff zee threed. Bork bork bork! I essoome-a zeere-a is elveys a chunce-a thet I em vrung und try my best tu cunseeder ell ungles. Um gesh dee bork, bork!
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Dom wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:
:suspish:
I shere-a yuoor incredooeelity. Bork bork bork!

Glurffeendel's soospeeciuns hefe-a elsu lecked speceefficity; he-a peeents in brued strukes rezeer thun eccoose-a durectly. Bork bork bork! He-a sterted thees vey veet seeg beffure-a seeg ingeged heem ebuoot it und oonly zeen deed hees eccooseshun toorn sherper. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp!. Um de hur de hur de hur. Hes unyune-a gune-a beck tu ixemeene-a Glurffeendel's prefeeuoos tvu gemes oon thees seete-a? Bed in Ster Vers, toon in Peekmin. Bork bork bork! I'm luukeeng et but reeght noo und cumpereeng zeem tu hees behefeeur here-a. Vuoold unyune-a leeke-a tu jueen me-a?
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Fur sterters, zee tooneee-a Glurffeendel in Peekmin dues nut streeke-a me-a es un incumpetent pleyer boot oone-a veet strung cunfeecshuns und oopeeniuns oon a fereeety ooff metters. Um gesh dee bork, bork! Hees eppruech here-a seems mure-a cooteeuoos und restreeened. Bork bork bork!
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 219
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Weren't you NK'd in the GoC for that exact reason?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote:
Dom wrote:So, Mac, now that you and Bullz are besties, who are you looking at?
:ponder: I would have thought since you and I were engaging in it at the same time that it was obvious that Glorfindel is the answer to this question.

Do I sense some underlying intent to the question? If I was a cynic it sounds like you are trying to get me to say "no Dom I am still way suspicious of Bullzeye" so that he then goes "yeah well no u Mac" ... but only if I was being a cynic.

Black Rock thought you were bad and she wasn't Mafia. I reckon she intended for her dying breath to at least be entertained. She thought you were bad because you're being scum meta prickly pear Dom again right?

I have a bit of a theory though, and I touched on it before. Since the start of the game, despite you and I sharing a lot of the same reads you've cast dispersions at me. It started off little nibbles here and there, questioning me "acting as though we're standing side by side" etc and built to a climax of course as everybody witnessed when I was almost lynched.

In the GoC I found myself agreeing with DharmaHelper quite a lot and, as a mafia player it made me naturally suspicious of him. If I am having these thoughts and am mafia, perhaps that is why he is viewing the game through the same lens? Incidentally, it was an accurate observation.

Perhaps, that is what is occurring here. As Mafia, you are finding it suspicious that I am making the same reads as you, because you feel as though for me to come to similar conclusions I'd have to be thinking like a Mafia player.
Mac, my intent was to see who you were looking at and made a joke. I recognize that, given our history, my joke might not have been interpreted as such.

You are suspicious to me for reasons that I have outlined quite explicitly. I don't think I've ever suspected someone for the reasons you've outlined here. I am not suspicious of you because we agreed early on in the game.

I am also quite suspicious of Glorfindel. His post about being incompetent is what really set me over the edge.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I was civvie in the GoC.
So, I'm kind of confused? If you have very good reason to think someone is a baddie, why wouldn't you try and lynch them? That's different than just being suspicious of someone.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 177
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Maybe they tried a couple times, but to no avail...plus why not get rid of your supposed competition?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Turnip Head wrote:
Matt wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Matt wrote:Turnip Head, are you still suss of Mac or do you think he's clean based on you finding his supposed breadcrumb?
I'm treeteeng hees cleeem es genooeene-a unteel I see-a reesun tu duoobt it. Um de hur de hur de hu
I think you made a very solid case against Mac the other day and am wondering why you're still not pursuing it. Because Mac made a *claim* in thread?

Tbh, I think it's odd when you made a great case on Mac, a lesser case on Black Rock, vote Black Rock, suddenly day comes around and you've magically found his breadcrumb and you now take whatever that breadcrumb was solely at his word.

:ponder:
My cese-a oon Mec mede-a a lut ooff sense-a boot zeere-a ves elveys zee chunce-a it ves meesgooided. Bork bork bork! In a geme-a vhere-a futes ere-a nut chungeeble-a it's herd tu poot pressoore-a oon peuple-a thet duesn't ind in zeem getteeng lynched. Bork bork bork! I poot es mooch pressoore-a oon Mec es I cuoold tu get a reed oon heem und tooerds zee ind ooff Dey he-a felt genooeene-a tu me-a.Zee breedcroomb oonly edded tu thet feeleeng. I deedn't "megeecelly" feend unytheeng, hefe-a yuoo ifee gune-a tu luuk fur it? Iferyune-a in zee geme-a shuoold, becoose-a iff he's lyeeng zeere-a is et leest oone-a ceefiliun vhu cun deespoote-a it. Um de hur de hur de hur.

Yuoo feend it oodd becoose-a I theenk ve-a eppruech zee geme-a deefffferently. Bork bork bork! Yuoo essoome-a yuoo ere-a reeght und let thet culur yuoor percepshun ooff zee threed. Bork bork bork! I essoome-a zeere-a is elveys a chunce-a thet I em vrung und try my best tu cunseeder ell ungles. Um gesh dee bork, bork!
Hypothetically, would it ruin the game if you were to come out with this perceived breadcrumb? Because most of us simply don't have time to comb through Mac's finely-braided mane of posts looking for something we may or may not recognize as a breadcrumb. Like, I went through 5 pages of his posts before I realized that I wouldn't even know I was looking at a rolehint if I tried.

juliets
Dancing Pancake
Posts in topic: 336
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers
Aka: jules

Post by juliets »

Dom I'm trying to get a handle on this Glorfindel suspicion (more than just you). You say that what tripped you over the edge was his comment of being incompetent. What was it about that comment that caused your reaction? He seems to be self deprecating as his nature so that's why I'm asking for you to be more explicit.

Mac, was it the dawn comments about sig that made you suspicious or something else, or more than that?
JaggedJimmyJay wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 3:24 pm Always good to remember that there is no such thing as a Mafia circumstance that is worth real human emotion. Sometimes it will naturally come out, but it can be contained if we just remember that this is a game on a message board forum that 99.99% of the population of the Earth has never heard of before. No matter how successful anyone is, it means just about nothing.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dom wrote:
I was civvie in the GoC.
So, I'm kind of confused? If you have very good reason to think someone is a baddie, why wouldn't you try and lynch them? That's different than just being suspicious of someone.[/quote]

Now I'm confused. Who had a very good reason to think that sig was a baddie?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Glorfindel wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Scotty wrote:RIP sig. I honestly think you were good, or at least town-centric. :sigh:

So glorf. You have used the argument "I don't know why anyone would view me as bad because I'm obviously good" twice now. That's like walking into McDonalds, standing in the line for 10 minutes without saying anything, tapping your foot and going, "Well? Why is my food not out yet?"

What makes you so obviously civ, Glorf?
This is a rhetorical question, btw Glorf. Because you're no more obviously civ than I am.

I just cringe when I hear that as an argument, and it doesn't make you seem any more civ than I you make yourself out to be.
Now that sig is gone and out of your hair, any better suspicions?
Yes, Scotty - I understand that it was a rhetorical question - hence why you didn't get an answer :p And with reference to your analogy, yes - and may I have fries with that? :D

And yeah, I know - you've got absolutely no reason to believe a word I say - I completely understand that too. All I can say is that I've been on both sides of the coin in the two games I've played here at The Syndicate before this one. Now I don't know how it looked to anyone else, but I certainly felt the difference from this side. I don't know how that presents to you but I have to think that it must surely be very obvious :shrug:
Thanks for patently ignoring my last question there, Glorf.

Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

A few notes...
Glorfindel wrote:All I can say is that I've been on both sides of the coin in the two games I've played here at The Syndicate before this one.
Was this a coincidence or was this a Two Face hint/claim? Not a bad one, considering you're sussed of being Mafia and claiming Two-Face would make you half civ.
MacDougall wrote:Hey Matt I see you aren't post cursed today for the first day in the game. You gonna explain what the go was or just pretend like it didn't happen?
MacDougall wrote:Now there you go... very nice theory we've concocted. Teamwork plus. Maybe there's a future for us together after all.
I think you and Bullz have a nice theory on Riddler, but for some reason I can't explain, I think you may be wrong and on top of that, I think Riddler may have been iced by either Harvey Bullock or the Falcone family. Derp a derp.
S~V~S wrote:
Matt wrote:To be fair, I also just noticed I targeted the civ MVP of that game 3 times, as well. XD

Anyway, I do think you're bad Mac, but it is hard to pinpoint who your teammate(s) might be. And when Turnip takes nothing but your word over his awesome case, that is curious. If it wasn't you in the situation, I think you would find it curious as well.

Linki - :meany:
Turnip Head backed off of him Before the Black Rock lynch, so if he saw the crumb, he saw it before he started pushing Black Rock specifically over Mac. When I asked him to link me to his cases, he only linked me to the one on Black Rock. When I went and found the Mac case, and voted for him, and Dom not long after me, TH came right out and said, let's lynch Black Rock and talk about Mac tomorrow.

TH was trying to save Mac before the lynch even was set.
Do you think that makes the situation look better or worse for Mac/TH? I think you may be right that he was trying to save Mac, but not that he saw any breadcrumb.

Btw Turnip, Glorfindel obviously claimed Two-Face so I guess we should just take him at his word and stop sussing him now, right? :evileye:
Image Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Fixed.
Dom wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
I was civvie in the GoC.
So, I'm kind of confused? If you have very good reason to think someone is a baddie, why wouldn't you try and lynch them? That's different than just being suspicious of someone.
Now I'm confused. Who had a very good reason to think that sig was a baddie?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 531

Post by Matt »

I messed up that Glorfindel quote up there, but "two games" was supposed to be underlined.
Image Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Matt wrote:Btw Turnip, Glorfindel obviously claimed Two-Face so I guess we should just take him at his word and stop sussing him now, right? :evileye:
I cun tell yuoo steell hefe-a nut fuoond Mec's breedcroomb becoose-a iff yuoo deed yuoo vuooldn't be-a mekeeng thees surt ooff nunsenseecel cumment. Um de hur de hur de hur. Mec's croomb is cumpletely deefffferent thun yuoo cleeeming Tvu-Fece-a oon Glurffeendel's behelff. Zeere-a is reesun tu beleeefe-a hees heent is genooeene-a.

Return to “Previous Jobs”