Posts in topic: 126
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Rocky and Bullwinkle - The Legend of Frostbite Falls [N

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I don't know how to read niju.
Protip: She's good.
Can you elaborate on this in any way? I know you can read her and Elo well, but it'd be nice for me to understand where your thought process is coming, rather than just something to the effect of "trust me, they're good, and anybody could tell if they read the thread".
If I can read them well, then it isn't a thought process I can explain, is it?
Sure, it is. Just point to a post and tell me why you think that post shows a townie mindset of whoever it is.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Why don't I get paid to play mafia again?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey, would you look at that, I went from being pretty much an inactive to having the 2nd most posts in the thread. Take that, zebra. :slick:
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Can you elaborate on this in any way? I know you can read her and Elo well, but it'd be nice for me to understand where your thought process is coming, rather than just something to the effect of "trust me, they're good, and anybody could tell if they read the thread".
Sure, it is. Just point to a post and tell me why you think that post shows a townie mindset of whoever it is.
Nah.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Nah.
:evileye:
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 103

Re: Rocky and Bullwinkle - The Legend of Frostbite Falls [Da

Post by Elohcin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Guess I'll have to start reevaluation process. Better give my work attention now though. See you all for d3.
Gets civ lynched. :feb:

Peace out homies. :slick:
This is EXACTLY how I interpreted MP's post as well.
And what of it? What's the point -- how does it affect your read of me? Otherwise, this comment gives the indication that you're contributing when you're not really providing any game-related opinion.
Everyone else is allowed to say every little thing that crosses their minds, why not me?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Guess I'll have to start reevaluation process. Better give my work attention now though. See you all for d3.

And what of it? What's the point -- how does it affect your read of me? Otherwise, this comment gives the indication that you're contributing when you're not really providing any game-related opinion.
Everyone else is allowed to say every little thing that crosses their minds, why not me?
Why not Epi, right MP? :)
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 106
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

MovingPictures07 wrote:GTH mafia team right now: Sorsha, Long Con, and Scotty is seeming to be a very real possibility.
I suppose that my suspicions of Sorsha and Scotty are textbook distancing? At least take them before you take me. :grin:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Sorsha wrote:

I just don't understand what your point was, if you had one, or if this influenced how you read me so I could address it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Long Con wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:GTH mafia team right now: Sorsha, Long Con, and Scotty is seeming to be a very real possibility.
I suppose that my suspicions of Sorsha and Scotty are textbook distancing? At least take them before you take me. :grin:
:mafia:
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Sorsha »

Long Con wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Who wants a CFD?

Let's CFD Epi, indiglo, or Long Con please.
:beer:
Sorsha is also on my suspect list. Just had a look at her posts this game, and it's pretty lean, and yet she was Cheers-ing the CFD idea. Why, Sorsha?
Why not? :shrug2: I didn't have anyone I suspected enough to put a vote on. MP comes in like a madman with a plan. The way i was looking at his posts was like GTH reads. He was catching up/reading the thread quickly and giving his reads as he went. Don't blame me for all this, I was just one vote.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Sorsha »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:

Not willing to take responsibility for your own vote?

Consider my eye on you much more heavily going into d3.
Sorry bub. You lead that and I fell for it hook, line and sinker. As soon as indi had enough votes you bailed. I suggest everyone take what you say with a grain of salt. In fact you'd be my number one choice to lynch tomorrow, just so we can see what your true intentions were today. I think you were trying to save one of the players who had votes.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Sorsha wrote:

I just don't understand what your point was, if you had one, or if this influenced how you read me so I could address it.
If it influences how I read you, its very minimal. I try not to judge you quickly b/c I am usually wrong about you. As of right now I am leaning slightly baddie on you. Its mainly because you seem to be rattling off names and acting more involved than you actually are. But I am not ready to make a solid decision on you yet.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorsha wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Who wants a CFD?

Let's CFD Epi, indiglo, or Long Con please.
:beer:
Sorsha is also on my suspect list. Just had a look at her posts this game, and it's pretty lean, and yet she was Cheers-ing the CFD idea. Why, Sorsha?
Why not? :shrug2: I didn't have anyone I suspected enough to put a vote on. MP comes in like a madman with a plan. The way i was looking at his posts was like GTH reads. He was catching up/reading the thread quickly and giving his reads as he went. Don't blame me for all this, I was just one vote.
I don't think anyone is blaming just you, but you should take responsibility for the mislynch as much as me, which you don't seem to be doing.

You also have yet to explain what it was specifically that you found compelling about my thoughts on indiglo. Care to do that?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorsha wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:

Not willing to take responsibility for your own vote?

Consider my eye on you much more heavily going into d3.
Sorry bub. You lead that and I fell for it hook, line and sinker. As soon as indi had enough votes you bailed. I suggest everyone take what you say with a grain of salt. In fact you'd be my number one choice to lynch tomorrow, just so we can see what your true intentions were today. I think you were trying to save one of the players who had votes.
I'm not afraid of you. The moment I flip civilian, I would implore with the highest priority that you be lynched next. :beer:

You still haven't explained why you found my posts compelling or what in my arguments you found compelling, so consider that a bad look, in addition to the fact that you apparently are blaming me for all of this. Typical mafia agenda.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Sorsha wrote:

If it influences how I read you, its very minimal. I try not to judge you quickly b/c I am usually wrong about you. As of right now I am leaning slightly baddie on you. Its mainly because you seem to be rattling off names and acting more involved than you actually are. But I am not ready to make a solid decision on you yet.
I appreciate the elaboration, thanks.

However, consider me a bit perplexed, especially because it seems I'm getting a similar meta argument from zebra. You think that the more engaged I am, then it equates with me being a mafia read? Is this typical or something you've newly developed? In addition, you say I'm acting more involved than "usual", but I don't quite understand by what standard you're judging my behavior. My behavior was incredibly below my usual bar until just EoD of this past cycle. You're telling me that if I had continued to be perpetually behind that you would not suspect me?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

One additional point, Sorsha: you say I "bailed". That is incorrect, and it leads me to believe you have sinister intentions. I'm not going down without a fight. Sorsha is exhibiting suspicious behavior and I have every intention of pressuring her tomorrow.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

No, MP. I said you are acting more involved than you actually are. Not, more than usual.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:No, MP. I said you are acting more involved than you actually are. Not, more than usual.
Oh! Wow, sorry about that, I must have had a brain aneurysm and read "actually" as "usually" or something.

What gives you that impression?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, I somewhat disagree with Sloonei. I think it's entirely possible the mafia team sat back and watched the indiglo CFD happen and laughed their asses off. There could be a mafia or two on it, sure, but I won't discount the possibility that they all voted elsewhere. Because who would want their hands on that disastrous mislynch?
I suppose I can agree with this as well. I won't make an assumption either way right now.
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:One additional point, Sorsha: you say I "bailed". That is incorrect, and it leads me to believe you have sinister intentions. I'm not going down without a fight. Sorsha is exhibiting suspicious behavior and I have every intention of pressuring her tomorrow.
You did bail. :suspish:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis
MovingPictures07 (14)
6%
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I was forced to vote for you ("seduced") by the baddies. Did you not see that you are now in the green section of my rainbow immediately after the Day was over?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

That's why I said CFD you, indi, and Long Con, but I kept making posts against indi. I wanted to try to make it clear I suspected indi the most, had that train develop, then backed off of you when she was at least tied for the lead.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:I was forced to vote for you ("seduced") by the baddies. Did you not see that you are now in the green section of my rainbow immediately after the Day was over?
Are you lying about that? llama said people are allowed to lie. :suspish:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

It's all the more reason I suspect Sorsha right now, frankly, because she's trying to set up this crap that I "bailed" but I only did once the wagon was safe and because I fucking had to.

No, I'm not lying about this.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I was under the impression that Wilgy was under the voodoo, the way he was posting.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

If I'm lying about this, then someone else can come out and say they were seduced. If they do, then they're lying, and I bet you won't find a better candidate for that.

It's also why I hinted it to the thread at least once, see this post:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Crazy conspiracy thought: DrWilgy and indiglo are both bad; indiglo wanted to get me lynched, used DrWilgy's "seduced" vote of me as a way to get more discussion surrounding me, but then Wilgy backed off because he's not really seduced, and someone else still is.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epignosis wrote:I was under the impression that Wilgy was under the voodoo, the way he was posting.
He wasn't. He wasn't "seduced" anyway.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Epi, just ask yourself, what motivation would I have to lie about this nonsense if I were bad? I would have just kept you in the lower part of my rainbow list.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

@MP, as I said, you are rattling off names here and there. But I don't see mach backing it up. You can say, "at least I'm putting names out there, you aren't." You'd be mostly correct, however I'm trying to do more thinking and less doing atm since we seem to be heading in the wrong direction each day. I think we've been too tunneled during the day, then we seem to get frantic at days end. Its not helping us win.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:@MP, as I said, you are rattling off names here and there. But I don't see mach backing it up. You can say, "at least I'm putting names out there, you aren't." You'd be mostly correct, however I'm trying to do more thinking and less doing atm since we seem to be heading in the wrong direction each day. I think we've been too tunneled during the day, then we seem to get frantic at days end. Its not helping us win.
I'm not saying that (underlined).

On whom do you want me to elaborate?

I am trying to do that. I've only been active and current in this thread as of this morning (EoD D2). I don't disagree with you.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And Elo, what you probably are picking up is the fact that yes, I've only really had my head in this game since this morning, it's only Night 2 and we haven't had a successful lynch yet, so I'm still trying to figure everything out. I'm trying my best though. I'm not sure what about it feels fabricated because it isn't.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

One thing to think about is that this game can be solved by POE given its setup, in addition to the fact that Epi seems to be claiming very confident civilian reads in two other players. If both of those reads are correct and Epi is also civilian, then together with myself being civilian and a very confident civilian read in Sloonei, that narrows the suspect list to:

zebra, bea, Wilgy, LC, sabie, Scotty, sprityo, and S~V~S maximum.

If civilians can make connections like this because they are communicating with each other and genuinely producing town-minded behavior that can be spotted, and no one is otherwise being duped, it gets us one step closer to endgame.
sprityo
The Turncoat
Posts in topic: 65
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by sprityo »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Day 2 rainbow list:

Sloonei

a2thezebra

S~V~S
Elohcin
Sorsha

bea
sprityo
sabie12

DrWilgy
nijuukyugou
Scotty

Long Con

indiglo
Epignosis
I'm forever in the middle it seems
Epignosis wrote: Fri May 04, 2018 11:46 pm You all are terrible at this.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 74
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

So sorry about this morning. I completely overslept and was late for work. Today was the last of wacky schedule shenanagans so I should be good to go. I'm home now. I have beer. I'm not at all caught up since my last post. I'm going to start at the beginning and reread the thread and make some notes and see what I can see.

I know I've been the suck. The 20 hour shifts and turnarounds are over now though. Straight day shift the rest of the week.

I'll be back.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:@MP, as I said, you are rattling off names here and there. But I don't see mach backing it up. You can say, "at least I'm putting names out there, you aren't." You'd be mostly correct, however I'm trying to do more thinking and less doing atm since we seem to be heading in the wrong direction each day. I think we've been too tunneled during the day, then we seem to get frantic at days end. Its not helping us win.
I'm not saying that (underlined).

On whom do you want me to elaborate?

I am trying to do that. I've only been active and current in this thread as of this morning (EoD D2). I don't disagree with you.
MovingPictures07 wrote:And Elo, what you probably are picking up is the fact that yes, I've only really had my head in this game since this morning, it's only Night 2 and we haven't had a successful lynch yet, so I'm still trying to figure everything out. I'm trying my best though. I'm not sure what about it feels fabricated because it isn't.
Well, I can say that your posts which claim that you were seduced do seem genuine.

Also, I see you are vouching for sloonei very strongly. If you are civ having BTSC with him, I urge you to read the rule about how role claiming leads to death. I know you might not be telling us exactly who you are, but you are still gently claiming a btsc role. This is what I'm seeing anyway. I could be wrong.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elo, I appreciate your concern, but I'm not claiming any such role. I have a more intimate (for lack of a better word) mafia history with Sloonei than many others due at this site; I've hosted with him in Talking Heads and played games with him here and on RYM, and especially noted the differences between his civilian and mafia meta lately.

To clarify: to say the least, I'd be shocked if he flipped civilian. I'm pretty much putting my reputation on the line by vouching for him, but not in any attempt to mess with outing rules; rather, only to express how strongly I feel about him being town this game.

I perhaps have gone a bit overboard, but only because he has been receiving a lot of attention and he has almost been lynched.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, I'd argue that Epi has been tiptoeing that line a bit with a claim of his own ;) but I think it's up to interpretation whether he just feels very strongly (as I do about Sloonei) regarding you and Blooper, or whether he does have BTSC with one of you as well. I'm not sure it's worth speculating too much.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Lastly, (sorry I meant to say this before but I didn't think of it) I was OK with myself getting lynched over Sloonei at first during EoD d2 because we had the same number of votes, I was still inactive and was convinced I wouldn't properly get into the game in time, and I could see that he had heavily invested himself, particularly more than I had, and had a firmer grasp on the game. I was willing to make that sacrifice for the better of town, at least at first, but I'd rather not die now frankly if I don't have to.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sprityo wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Day 2 rainbow list:

Sloonei

a2thezebra

S~V~S
Elohcin
Sorsha

bea
sprityo
sabie12

DrWilgy
nijuukyugou
Scotty

Long Con

indiglo
Epignosis
I'm forever in the middle it seems
So what are your (most recent) thoughts? Talk with me.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

Regarding your lost? Well I would move everyone below yellow up a level then leave epi where he is

Maybe move Scotty and elo down
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How does it feel to be the Best Civilian Player on the Syndicate?
Banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

sprityo wrote:Regarding your lost? Well I would move everyone below yellow up a level then leave epi where he is

Maybe move Scotty and elo down
About anything, really, so that's cool.

Want to explain those reads further; do you have any substantiation? Can you point to an opinion or post held by any of those players and say "this is why I'm feeling this way"?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Also, note that is not my most recent / accurate rainbow list, since that was when I was forced to suspect Epignosis.

This is my updated list:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Night 2 rainbow list:

Sloonei

a2thezebra
Epignosis

S~V~S
Elohcin

bea
sprityo
sabie12

nijuukyugou
Sorsha
DrWilgy

Long Con
Scotty

Need to do some investigation going into d3, but I've already spent way too more time goofing off today than I should be.

Also, can my yellow reads please come in here and post more? I can't judge your content because there's not enough of it. Thanks.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Elo, I appreciate your concern, but I'm not claiming any such role. I have a more intimate (for lack of a better word) mafia history with Sloonei than many others due at this site; I've hosted with him in Talking Heads and played games with him here and on RYM, and especially noted the differences between his civilian and mafia meta lately.

To clarify: to say the least, I'd be shocked if he flipped civilian. I'm pretty much putting my reputation on the line by vouching for him, but not in any attempt to mess with outing rules; rather, only to express how strongly I feel about him being town this game.

I perhaps have gone a bit overboard, but only because he has been receiving a lot of attention and he has almost been lynched.
I just keep going back and forth on you. You sounded genuine when talking about being seduced and vouching for sloon. Now that you say it's because you have a lot of experience playing with him, I get the feeling you could be bad and just going to use a sloon flipping civ to make you look good. I can never read you and it drives me crazy.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Elo, I appreciate your concern, but I'm not claiming any such role. I have a more intimate (for lack of a better word) mafia history with Sloonei than many others due at this site; I've hosted with him in Talking Heads and played games with him here and on RYM, and especially noted the differences between his civilian and mafia meta lately.

I just keep going back and forth on you. You sounded genuine when talking about being seduced and vouching for sloon. Now that you say it's because you have a lot of experience playing with him, I get the feeling you could be bad and just going to use a sloon flipping civ to make you look good. I can never read you and it drives me crazy.
If I was his civilian BTSC partner, would you expect me to admit it in thread and get myself modkilled? I would hope not. I have given my reason for trusting Sloonei; he is oozing town-minded posts, and I stand by that. If you think I'm lying or whatever, that's your prerogative; I get mislynched all the time, so it'd be nothing new if most folks didn't believe me.

I do have more experience playing with him than pretty much anyone else here. zebra is second I think.

Oh, and re: the underlined, the feeling is usually mutual, so :beer:

:D
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

:D Well, I will help you out this game by letting you know. I'm civ.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Elohcin wrote::D Well, I will help you out this game by letting you know. I'm civ.
I had my doubts when I was catching up before, but I'm feeling pretty good about you now.
sprityo
The Turncoat

Post by sprityo »

MP, give me your current points against Wilgy and long con and I'll respond on what I think about those
Banners:
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

:eek:

Return to “Previous Side Missions”