Total votes: 20
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: [DAY 2] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Some thoughts:

- I didn't like chaindeath in this phase. Dropped two reads that felt random then procceeded to talk about game mechanics. Is he always like that?

- Epignosis seems absent. He is always weird and hard to read, but this time he is that AND absent. He is usually more active, and more of a protagonist in the game (recall Pikmin and Economics). And his d1 vote on Wilgy (although justifiable by Epi standards) could be an easy cop out of he was mafia. So I'm uneasy about him.

- A note on ika, which may or may not be helpful. I've played one game with him (Watchmen). In that game, he replaced a scum player who was under scrutiny for multiple phases, so he came in on a very unfavorable position. He then procceeded to act like the scummiest player ever born. Refusing to explain things, being blunt, etc. People believed he was acting that way because he was in a difficult position and was basically self-destructing. Now, in this game, he is not acting very differently, and is also showing a similar behavior imo. So either that's an easy meta read or... the guy is just like that. He rubs people the wrong way. And if that's the case, maybe lynching him for that is not a good idea. So I think I'll pass here.

- Not sure about gleam anymore, he stopped doing those uber-scummy things like arguing for no-lynching and pigbacking on other's opinions, but he still doesn't feel really town-ish. I need to take a deep look at his posts. And also a few other people...

...tomorrow. Sorry, but I have a headache and I'm not feeling this game rn. I only did a catch up so tomorrow's one is shorter. Good night.

LINKI: and then Epi comes and votes for Nero. You know what, I've been feeling uneasy about Nero too, though I can't point a finger on why (I think he feels somewhat sheep-y). He is one I wanna read the posts of. But this kind of makes me feel better about Epi, lol.
Agreed on Epi, I'm not used to this much quietness from him. It's not indicative of alignment though, because the good lord knows Epi's not afraid to be boisterous when he's scum.
Confused on ika. You seem to set up a scenario where you're reading him as scum all the way, but at the last second you say that this doesn't make you feel like voting for him. If you observe his behavior as scummy, and it matches his perceived scum meta, what's stopping you from voting for him?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Would anybody be able to articulate a case against Nero? I'm reading him as town so far, and all I see is an honest townie trying to figure out the game when I look at his posts.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Silverwolf wrote:
Scotty wrote: I don't like the love affair that comes with Silverwolf, however. I could see myself voting their way come tomorrow, if not today.
Why do people keep saying this? It's really starting to annoy me to be honest. Is it not this site's culture to interact with people you are friendly with, without being scumread for it. Or is it just policy because you guys don't like the personal nature of it?

Because this is at least the second person to want to lynch me because of what ika is saying to me and I still do not understand what the issue is.
I hope this doesn't continue to happen.

Many of us banter and are friendly with each other on this site since we've been playing together for years, as I'm sure you and ika have. I see no reason to suspect two new players who exhibit the same behavior to each other, just because we don't know them.

I realize ika isn't exactly new here, but I don't think we saw much of him before this game either.

I was teasing you guys about the distancing early. I hope you don't mind, just wanted to share the love. :beer:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 384

Post by indiglo »

Sloonei wrote:What so other people think of ika? Am I alone in thinking his behavior stinks of deliberate unhelpfulness? On Day 1 he kept saying he wanted to sort silverwolf first and foremost, which is a reasonable strategy, but on Day 2 he just seems to be saying she's town but not really working together in any capacity with her like he seemed to suggest, and most of the reads he's posting are minimal at best. He is falling back on a meta-defense when I (or anyone else) press him. I can understand differences in culture and playstyle, but this also wreaks of a player who's taking advantage of these differences to hide behind them.

Still replying as I catch up. I do not "get" ika's style. I understand 100% keeping some cards close to your chest, especially early on in a game this size. However, I think it's also important to share ideas / thoughts / reads if and when we have them, because we could all be out of the game at any moment. Trying to get the uninformed minority to be a bit more informed seems the name of the game to me. :shrug:

Much liki... screw it, I'm posting anyway! :noble:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Sloonei »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Actually, instead of gleam, I'm switching my vote to Epignosis.
Epignosis wrote:I'm taking my vote off Long Con. I wouldn't want anyone to think that I suspect him. :grin:

agleaminranks, come say something.
Epignosis voted for gleam on Day 1 as noted in this post. His vote was a prod for someone who had not posted in the game yet. Gleam does come into the thread a half-hour later, responds to the vote without much care.

But here's what Epignosis has to later on Day 1.
Epignosis wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I'm sorry, your responses could be genuine but you are filling every box of my checklist.

- First you were not trying to hunt scum.
- Then people called you out and you literally accused all three people who were suspecting you. In other words, OMGUS.
- Then you say you are trying to protect civs when you had never posted a single civ read.
- Then you pull the "no lynch" theory out of nowhere. Which is a objectively bad theory because we can't win the game unless we try to lynch people.
- And now you are pigbacking on someone to validade your own points, when that someone doesn't actually have the same opinion as you. I've got lynched twice before as mafia for doing that, and lynched another mafioso for it. I think it's a good scumtell.
I refuse to vote for agleaminranks. Gleam gets lynched early all the time. I think the last time he told us to sit and spin or something. XD
He refuses to vote for gleam because he gets lynched early all the time, after previously voting for gleam.
Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote: If humans were perfect, this game would be impossible.
I'm perfect. Are you?
Well, I'm sick right now, and I consider that apersonal moral failing, so I guess not.

Who is a cop, Epi? Is it Dragon? (hint: yes)
As of this point, I'd say Wilgy, and if Wilgy is bad, gleam is with him after that wild speculation in defense of Wilgy.
On to Day 2, Epignosis then states that if DrWilgy is bad, then gleam is with him. The same gleam Epignosis refused to vote the previous Day.
Epignosis wrote:I will say that I don't understand the six votes on gleam. Did he break wind or something?
Then Epignosis states he doesn't understand why gleam has six votes.

I smell waffles.
I like this. I also don't think of Epi as the kind of player who would be afraid to lynch another player just because "they get lynched early all the time." Nice catch(es).
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 275

Post by sig »

I have some pings on Nero, however it seems I'm horribly at reading him either way so I still need to think about who to vote for. I don't like the gleam wagon, I had some minor pings on Ike. For Chain his posting style is strange, so I don't know what to think of that.

I like MM's post about Epi, looking forward to his response.
ImageImage
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 420
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

The point is, it feels more like this is how ika IS. As a person. Not that this is his meta. Because he acts that way regardless of whether he is in a normal situation or in a situation where he is about to be lynched anyway. The meta, in this case, is that it's not a meta at all, it's just how the guy is.

There are some players who are just scummy by nature. They are the sigs and the MMs of mafia. They get lynched early and just can't help it. Ika feeels like that.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

And lets me add: the feeling I get about the people voting for ika is rage (or fake rage in the case of possible bads among them). People are angry at ika because he won't give the responses they want. This lynch doesn't feel rational. It feels like cultural shock.

I'm not buying a lynch based on cultural shock. Not today.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:The point is, it feels more like this is how ika IS. As a person. Not that this is his meta. Because he acts that way regardless of whether he is in a normal situation or in a situation where he is about to be lynched anyway. The meta, in this case, is that it's not a meta at all, it's just how the guy is.

There are some players who are just scummy by nature. They are the sigs and the MMs of mafia. They get lynched early and just can't help it. Ika feeels like that.
I'm starting to create a legacy :noble: not sure if that is good or not though. :P
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:And lets me add: the feeling I get about the people voting for ika is rage (or fake rage in the case of possible bads among them). People are angry at ika because he won't give the responses they want. This lynch doesn't feel rational. It feels like cultural shock.

I assure you I was only voting for him because I genuinely believe him to be scummy.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 141
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:The point is, it feels more like this is how ika IS. As a person. Not that this is his meta. Because he acts that way regardless of whether he is in a normal situation or in a situation where he is about to be lynched anyway. The meta, in this case, is that it's not a meta at all, it's just how the guy is.

To be fair, I haven't been lynched early in a game since Dune Mafia, and even that game was because I was mafia, and played like shit. :p

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Nerolunar wrote:Wait, quite a few people have been voicing disagreement against the Gleam wagon. Is this a coordinated cop effort to steer the thread in a specific direction? :ponder:
Still replying as I catch up...

I can't speak for anyone else, but for myself - no. I am most certainly not a cop, I just don't like bandwagons, they always make me uncomfortable (if I am a- not scum, and b- not 100% sure the bandwagonee is scum). Of course, I come from the old school mafia style around here, where you vote 1 time and it's final. That affects my game play enormously, and the way I read voting shenanigans. *shakes cane* :fist: You darn kids! :p

Yeesh, still linki...
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

To be fair, I haven't been lynched early in a game since Dune Mafia, and even that game was because I was mafia, and played like shit. :p
I needed a second example and you guys won't understand if I post examples from NF.

Anyway, good night. I'm should not post anymore until I can do some ISOs and sort out my suspicions, and I'm not doing that today. I'll force myself to stop posting.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I just want to chime in and say that I think you all are a really awesome group of players to host, and I am really excited to have especially you new and relatively newer folks here, including Quin, Silverwolf, ika, etc. I hope you all stick around and are enjoying the game.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I like indiglo's ketchup posts, and I also like irritating her with linkitis.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Nothing personal is being thrown around here. It's the nature of the game to banter and question motives. I know I mean nothing personal, and Quinn means nothing personal.

I take it personal that anyone would think as such. :grin:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 580

Post by Golden »

My apologies for not being around much in this game to date, and especially the last couple of days. I am insanely rl busy at the current time, something I've recently been disclaiming at the top of games but forgot to in this one. On top of that, I've been giving priority to Arkham when I've had time the last couple of days because I'm under fire in that one.

I'll do my best to be contributory before the lynch.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:And lets me add: the feeling I get about the people voting for ika is rage (or fake rage in the case of possible bads among them). People are angry at ika because he won't give the responses they want. This lynch doesn't feel rational. It feels like cultural shock.

I am confident that my vote is rational. Where I come from seeing this sort of thing is not uncommon. It's not that he's not giving the responses I want, it's just that he isn't giving any responses at all. He is so tight lipped and I cannot see how that could be seen as town.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Sloonei wrote:I haven't looked at indiglo's posts yet, so let's do that now. This is the one that stands out most to me:
indiglo wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:My general strategy is to point out things that I don't like.

Gleam do you understand my confusion at your policy of "I'd rather not lynch civs Day 1 than try to lynch scum" in this format? I mentioned it earlier but that was in the big spoilered post and I want to make sure I get the chance to talk to you about this.
Mmm, I had missed you addressing me in that spoiler post. Apologies.

Yeah, the way you put it makes sense. I was kind of operating under the principle that both mafia families were the traditional "civilians" of the game , and that's kind of how they're being treated by everyone here. But it is, in the end, going to boil down to which family is left standing. It's not something I'd really considered, nor anyone else as far as I can see. The cops are the more imminent threat.
This is what I am still pondering about this game. The set up is such that yes, hunting cops is preeminent. Beyond that, I am just really not sure how to even begin to approach things. Beyond cops there are no "baddies" to hunt. Not sure what kind of patterns to look for, or even what to look for. I've not played a game set up like this, so at first I'm just kind of trying to figure out how tf to even approach it.
This part worries me a little bit. I do not get your gripe that "beyond cops there are no baddies to hunt." What does this mean? Should there be more bad guys? This post hints that you are preoccupied with sussing out something more than just who's a cop and who's not. What else are you trying to figure out, and why? This is a unique setup, but the Town vs. Scum dynamic isn't really changed at all.

Well, you yourself admit it's a "unique setup" - so I'm not sure how my mentioning it would be strange to you? But to answer your question, I'm looking at win cons, and each Mafia Family has to eliminate the other Mafia Family. That is what I'm not sure how to approach. Once the cops are gone (and I think getting scummy reads on them should be very similar to any other scum/mafia reading in any other game) I'm not sure how to figure out which peeps are in my Mafia Family and which peeps aren't. That's my issue. (Of course, I may very well be dead by then, which would make the point moot :haha: )

I honestly do not like how Matt was badgering (crap, now I forgot who he was badgering :haha: ) about having so many reads so quickly. Like, being super close minded about the tunnel vision and not open to hearing the whys of it. Just focusing on the time of it, rather than the actual mechanics of what went on. Because something similar happened to me in a game recently - and I got mislynched because of it. Can't know if this is a similar case, but it just left a bad taste in my mouth and this reminded me of that.
This is one of the most substantial reads you've given so far and I dig it. Care to follow up on Golden, the badger victim, or share any other reads you've got?

I am working on catching up now. There is so much posting in this game, that it has been taking all my mafia time just to catch up, which then leaves me with precious little time to do rereads. I am not complaining though, an active game is nice, plus with 48 hour days you have to expect a fair bit of participation. Well, I know as a host I hope for games this active, so it's nice for Daisy & MP.

XOXO Epi Girl
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote:Nothing personal is being thrown around here. It's the nature of the game to banter and question motives. I know I mean nothing personal, and Quinn means nothing personal.

I don't know, when Wilgy stole my fish hat I took that pretty personally.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I want to hear Gleam's thoughts on Ika and this whole counterwagon business.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

indiglo wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I haven't looked at indiglo's posts yet, so let's do that now. This is the one that stands out most to me:
indiglo wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:My general strategy is to point out things that I don't like.

Gleam do you understand my confusion at your policy of "I'd rather not lynch civs Day 1 than try to lynch scum" in this format? I mentioned it earlier but that was in the big spoilered post and I want to make sure I get the chance to talk to you about this.
Mmm, I had missed you addressing me in that spoiler post. Apologies.

Yeah, the way you put it makes sense. I was kind of operating under the principle that both mafia families were the traditional "civilians" of the game , and that's kind of how they're being treated by everyone here. But it is, in the end, going to boil down to which family is left standing. It's not something I'd really considered, nor anyone else as far as I can see. The cops are the more imminent threat.
This is what I am still pondering about this game. The set up is such that yes, hunting cops is preeminent. Beyond that, I am just really not sure how to even begin to approach things. Beyond cops there are no "baddies" to hunt. Not sure what kind of patterns to look for, or even what to look for. I've not played a game set up like this, so at first I'm just kind of trying to figure out how tf to even approach it.
This part worries me a little bit. I do not get your gripe that "beyond cops there are no baddies to hunt." What does this mean? Should there be more bad guys? This post hints that you are preoccupied with sussing out something more than just who's a cop and who's not. What else are you trying to figure out, and why? This is a unique setup, but the Town vs. Scum dynamic isn't really changed at all.

Well, you yourself admit it's a "unique setup" - so I'm not sure how my mentioning it would be strange to you? But to answer your question, I'm looking at win cons, and each Mafia Family has to eliminate the other Mafia Family. That is what I'm not sure how to approach. Once the cops are gone (and I think getting scummy reads on them should be very similar to any other scum/mafia reading in any other game) I'm not sure how to figure out which peeps are in my Mafia Family and which peeps aren't. That's my issue. (Of course, I may very well be dead by then, which would make the point moot :haha: )

I honestly do not like how Matt was badgering (crap, now I forgot who he was badgering :haha: ) about having so many reads so quickly. Like, being super close minded about the tunnel vision and not open to hearing the whys of it. Just focusing on the time of it, rather than the actual mechanics of what went on. Because something similar happened to me in a game recently - and I got mislynched because of it. Can't know if this is a similar case, but it just left a bad taste in my mouth and this reminded me of that.
This is one of the most substantial reads you've given so far and I dig it. Care to follow up on Golden, the badger victim, or share any other reads you've got?

I am working on catching up now. There is so much posting in this game, that it has been taking all my mafia time just to catch up, which then leaves me with precious little time to do rereads. I am not complaining though, an active game is nice, plus with 48 hour days you have to expect a fair bit of participation. Well, I know as a host I hope for games this active, so it's nice for Daisy & MP.
I look forward to whatever reads you can offer.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Actually, instead of gleam, I'm switching my vote to Epignosis.
Epignosis wrote:I'm taking my vote off Long Con. I wouldn't want anyone to think that I suspect him. :grin:

Epignosis voted for gleam on Day 1 as noted in this post. His vote was a prod for someone who had not posted in the game yet. Gleam does come into the thread a half-hour later, responds to the vote without much care.

Epignosis wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I'm sorry, your responses could be genuine but you are filling every box of my checklist.

- Then people called you out and you literally accused all three people who were suspecting you. In other words, OMGUS.
- Then you say you are trying to protect civs when you had never posted a single civ read.
- Then you pull the "no lynch" theory out of nowhere. Which is a objectively bad theory because we can't win the game unless we try to lynch people.
- And now you are pigbacking on someone to validade your own points, when that someone doesn't actually have the same opinion as you. I've got lynched twice before as mafia for doing that, and lynched another mafioso for it. I think it's a good scumtell.
I refuse to vote for agleaminranks. Gleam gets lynched early all the time. I think the last time he told us to sit and spin or something. XD
He refuses to vote for gleam because he gets lynched early all the time, after previously voting for gleam.
Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I'm perfect. Are you?
Well, I'm sick right now, and I consider that apersonal moral failing, so I guess not.

As of this point, I'd say Wilgy, and if Wilgy is bad, gleam is with him after that wild speculation in defense of Wilgy.
On to Day 2, Epignosis then states that if DrWilgy is bad, then gleam is with him. The same gleam Epignosis refused to vote the previous Day.
Epignosis wrote:I will say that I don't understand the six votes on gleam. Did he break wind or something?

I smell waffles.

Still catching up, but getting closer to the end...

Very interesting.

@ Zebra - Is there another option besides Gleam & Ika that you'd be more inclined to go for?

Reading more Re: the SW / ika business, and I have more thoughts I'd like to share about it:

Also - I think for myself, I'm having more of culture shock with Silver/Ika. I don't think I want to put a vote there right now, just for policy. They came over as a couple (I'm assuming) and that is exactly why Dex and I don't play mafia together. I go all mama bear defending him regardless, and I won't apologize for it. I don't think Silver needs to apologize for it either, or ika for that matter. When you love someone, it gets right to your gut. I'd rather someone come after me in a game than Dex - regardless of alignment, or anything. It's not rational, it just is. Plus they're new here, I don't know, I don't like the idea of picking on them for their different play style.

As I said before I don't "get" ika's style, but to me that's not a good enough reason to lynch him. Especially since I've never met him before. In my mafia life, I've known LOADS of players whose play styles I didn't "get". Some are beyond quirky and zany, but many of them are good players, and if they can manage to stay in the game long enough, they can really come through in the clinch (assuming they're not scum, of course LOL). I don't know, it feels a little like bullying, and I don't like it.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Or, if I had just kept reading, I could have said "^^ this".

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

OMG DID I CATCH UP????? :faint:

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Quin wrote:
Scotty wrote:Nothing personal is being thrown around here. It's the nature of the game to banter and question motives. I know I mean nothing personal, and Quinn means nothing personal.

I don't know, when Wilgy stole my fish hat I took that pretty personally.

Well, tbh fish hats >>>>>> mafa

:D

XOXO Epi Girl
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

indiglo wrote:OMG DID I CATCH UP????? :faint:
:clap: Who should we all be voting for today?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Epignosis wrote:Sorry Wilgy. I can't vote for you anymore. Something else came up.
Nerolunar wrote:Wait, quite a few people have been voicing disagreement against the Gleam wagon. Is this a coordinated cop effort to steer the thread in a specific direction? :ponder:
Go on...
Nerolunar wrote:Wow.

Well, if you can´t reference to posts and find bits of proof then how do you want us to agree with you? Why do you want to do ISO´s if you don´t want to analyse them?

Man. :eye:
Uh-huh. Nerolunar. Is the thread being steered? Who is doing the driving?
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:What the hell have I been reading the past few pages?
Have you figured it out yet?
No. A grammar and spelling manual would do wonders. :meany:
ika wrote:i do analize them
Ooooow. :puppy:

So this is maybe interesting. Epi bounced back and forth on his Gleam / not Gleam vote. But then Nero flips opinions one time, and Epi notes it as odd. I would really like more input from Epi on both those things. And also from Nero.

Thanks bunches and bunches. :beer:

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Sloonei wrote:

Cops. All the cops. :nicenod:

XOXO Epi Girl
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

indiglo wrote:
Sloonei wrote:

Cops. All the cops. :nicenod:
Can you point them out for me? Or at least one of them?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

indiglo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Sorry Wilgy. I can't vote for you anymore. Something else came up.
Go on...
Nerolunar wrote:Wow.

Well, if you can´t reference to posts and find bits of proof then how do you want us to agree with you? Why do you want to do ISO´s if you don´t want to analyse them?

Man. :eye:
Uh-huh. Nerolunar. Is the thread being steered? Who is doing the driving?
Sloonei wrote:
Have you figured it out yet?
No. A grammar and spelling manual would do wonders. :meany:
ika wrote:i do analize them
Ooooow. :puppy:

So this is maybe interesting. Epi bounced back and forth on his Gleam / not Gleam vote. But then Nero flips opinions one time, and Epi notes it as odd. I would really like more input from Epi on both those things. And also from Nero.

Thanks bunches and bunches. :beer:
Show me where I bounced back and forth on my Gleam / Not Gleam vote.

Go. :)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:

Epignosis wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I'm perfect. Are you?

I smell waffles.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

ika wrote:i will also defend her form that kind of crap too and if it end up coming here we will jsut leave. i joined a while back and invited her here. if this is hwo it is then i will jsut leave and she will come with me.

im going before i get irate and go into cap lock
Caps lock is the least of my concerns. A shift press now and again would be nice.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 140

Post by thellama73 »

This thread seems to have become a less pleasant place since I was last here. I'll check in again in the morning.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Lynching ika feels like it's lynching him because we don't understand him. Someone said that they cannot fathom his behavior as town, but can you fathom it as mafia either? To me it looks like ika doesn't give two shits about "behaving like town". I'm liking the energy he's bringing to the thread whether it's typical town behavior or not.

linki @ Llama: Well that's because it's more pleasant when you're around :beer:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei wrote:Would anybody be able to articulate a case against Nero? I'm reading him as town so far, and all I see is an honest townie trying to figure out the game when I look at his posts.
Why are you reading Nero as town?
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Epignosis wrote:
Show me where I bounced back and forth on my Gleam / Not Gleam vote.

Go. :)

Just in case you're watching for me to reply to this (since there is much to trudge through on a catch up), rather than someone else, Sloon just reposted it. Some stuff MM brought up. I can repost it again, if it helps though.

I will likely be out for the evening now. :beer: But I'll be back. I'll have some time tomorrow, though I don't think I'll be able to be around for poll close. So it will have to be earlier in the day tomorrow.

XOXO Epi Girl
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Are you saying we're due for an early MM lynch? :dark:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

FYI we have had 3 players ask for replacement. I've been searching, but I haven't been able to find one yet, and I'm beginning to doubt that we will be able to replace 1, let alone all 3 of these players any time soon. If you know anyone who isn't playing and would like to, please let me and Daisy know.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

indiglo said I bounced back and forth on gleam.

I voted him and asked him to talk. He talked. I moved my vote.

I said gleam gets lynched or killed often early and I didn't want to be a part of that.

I later said if Wilgy is bad, then gleam is too. That's an if-then proposition.

MM says I refused to vote gleam...but part of his post against me is that I voted gleam.

Is that a fair summary of my dealings with gleam?

Was there any "bouncing?"
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Matt »

Ika and Silver, don't leave :puppy: Personally I don't have a problem with the way you two are playing, I'll admit it threw me off guard but whatevs it's kind of endearing. That'd be hilarious if ya all were the Lovers. :beer:

I'm still suss as all fudge @ Golden, but nobody seems to agree. Too bad, peeps, Golden is crazy bad. I'm not gonna do the slugfest rounds with him for 5 pages straight though, I just don't have the energy.

Indiglo/sloon, I'll be around on and off for the next few hours, if you have anything in particular you want me to address, let me know.
Image Image Image Image
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Yeah man I'm pretty lost. I'm thinking I'll toss a vote onto Metalmarmot for now. He's trying too hard to be a good little civ, I see right through his charade :mafia:
Care to elaborate, Mr Turnip?
Look at him asking questions and mediating and building cases and shit. But who knows what he's up to behind closed doors? That marmot is up to no good I tell ya :kadaj: :smoky:
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei wrote:I propose some of us also turn and stare awkwardly at ika and Turnip Head until each of them gives us something substantial to work with.
lol I didn't see this post until someone quoted it. *stares awkwardly back* Hello :stare:
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:This thread seems to have become a less pleasant place since I was last here. I'll check in again in the morning.
Aww I missed you!

I'm only able to access this on a phone right now, so it goes without saying I'm feeling a little overwhelmed.

I did find time to read through llama posts, which were categorically hilarious.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

MovingPictures07 wrote:FYI we have had 3 players ask for replacement. I've been searching, but I haven't been able to find one yet, and I'm beginning to doubt that we will be able to replace 1, let alone all 3 of these players any time soon. If you know anyone who isn't playing and would like to, please let me and Daisy know.
When I get lynched can I replace back in? I mean looking at my lynch/death rate I could probably replace all three within about hmmm 2 phases? :P
ImageImage
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 103

Post by agleaminranks »

Trying to catch up now. Interesting development.
Sloonei wrote:What so other people think of ika? Am I alone in thinking his behavior stinks of deliberate unhelpfulness? On Day 1 he kept saying he wanted to sort silverwolf first and foremost, which is a reasonable strategy, but on Day 2 he just seems to be saying she's town but not really working together in any capacity with her like he seemed to suggest, and most of the reads he's posting are minimal at best. He is falling back on a meta-defense when I (or anyone else) press him. I can understand differences in culture and playstyle, but this also wreaks of a player who's taking advantage of these differences to hide behind them.
I just want to kind of bounce off of what Sloonei was saying here, I think a lot of ika's posts have been in defense of Silverwolf and her strategy, which given their personal connection outside of the game I think is fine. You'd want your S/O to be on your side after all. I think he's calling town because he wants her to be town. I guess I don't have a problem with that, I don't think it's a good strategy but I understand. That being said, with regard to any other defenses ika has also felt fleeting, as far as contributing to the game outside of Silverwolf's domain.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
agleaminranks wrote:Addressing some things real quick:

Silverwolf, you spun your wheels pretty hard when I asked you to explain why you voted for me with no prior explanation. Then you said that you refused to elaborate, only when another person chimed in did you backtrack and say it was to see how someone reacted. Then when you were asked about what you thought of my reaction, you said it was just OMGUS.

You also said it was impossible to start a bandwagon that early in the game. I beg to differ. All it takes is a margin of one or two votes to start a bandwagon.

Could everyone else please go back to the very beginning of the day period and look at my criticism of Silverwolf's behavior. I honestly, truly believe she is acting completely irrational, and the fact that no one else is pointing it out is absolutely fucking mind boggling. I honestly thought it would speak for itself.

Marmot, would you please explain your vote too and quit with the shitposting.

Also Scotty, how was I acting like a, whatever it was you called me? Wet pancake or something? The hell does that even mean?

I need to go to work and then to some school matters. I probably won't be around until much later tonight.
Sure.

Epignosis voted for you on Day 1, hoping you would say something. You said something 30 minutes later, and didn't seem perturbed by Epignosis's vote. I think it was a coordinated action. I know you have 6 votes now instead of 1, but you did not shrug off my vote like you did Epignosis's.
Thanks for answering.

I kind of shrugged off Epignosis' vote because it felt like he was only voting me to get my attention. I think he said that in his post where he voted me too. He also changed his vote pretty quickly afterwards.

I'm not sure if I agree with your analysis of him, but I do agree with whoever (was it Luffy maybe? Zebra? I'm sorry I can't keep track) that said that he's being unusually distant from this game. In Pikmin mafia when he was civ he was on the offensive all game, kind of spearheading any sort of attack on anyone in the spotlight. He's made a few good analyses as to be expected and there's his usual humor but his presence is so tiny compared to what I'm used to seeing. Maybe it's because this is a big game. I don't know. I still don't know if I'm suspicious enough of him to have any discernible doubts.

I still think Silverwolf is acting irrationally and illogically and, above all, scummily. I wouldn't have cast any suspicions on ika during Silverwolf's accusation of me, but the last couple pages has me reconsidering. I understand frustrations from feeling personally attacked, but I don't know if it's good enough of a reason to excuse the lack of participation. I would favor a vote for either above others right now now, but I don't like doing retaliatory votes and I also dislike bandwagon votes. :confused2:

I went back and looked at what I think I know about Wilgy and the Day 1 votes and everyone there is someone I'm more inclined to believe is a civilian. With the exception of Golden, who still hasn't posted much, but at least they came in with what I think is a reasonable read of Matt. If he were less active I would be more suspicious.

I would also think that in a time like this when the heat is focused on a specific small group of people, the nonparticipants have the best opportunities to hide under all the ruckus. It's a tactic sure to favor baddies. If the next few days turn out to be civilian lynches I think the no-shows right now would be the best place to look, moving forward. I don't know if I'll survive the day at this rate.

Holy linki.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Waitaminute when did we get the yellow version of the blank stare face guy? :omg:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Would anybody be able to articulate a case against Nero? I'm reading him as town so far, and all I see is an honest townie trying to figure out the game when I look at his posts.
Why are you reading Nero as town?
The short version is that in our one previous game together, I had a scum read on him right away and this game his tone and effort seem much more sincere. I'll give some examples later when I'm able to.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Matt wrote:Ika and Silver, don't leave :puppy: Personally I don't have a problem with the way you two are playing, I'll admit it threw me off guard but whatevs it's kind of endearing. That'd be hilarious if ya all were the Lovers. :beer:
Oh man oh man oh man... I smell a signature Matt brand theory cooking! XD :goofp:
Matt wrote:I'm still suss as all fudge @ Golden, but nobody seems to agree. Too bad, peeps, Golden is crazy bad. I'm not gonna do the slugfest rounds with him for 5 pages straight though, I just don't have the energy.
I'm almost scared to ask, but why do you feel strongly about this? Or do you just always act this sure?
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Gleam has really come into his own in mafia! I feel so proud.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”