It's going to happen regardless...
30%

Total votes: 20
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 204

Re: [DAY 4] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:If you don't like letter C, what letter would you like?
I'm not even sure if I should tell you at this point, but fuck it. How about an M?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 384

Post by indiglo »

Ooooooh hooray! My first Rainbow List! :omg: The names in each category are in no particular order...

Golden
SVS
SW

BR
Sloon

Zebra
Boom
Chain
Draconus
Luffy
Epi
Ika
Matt 2.0
MM
Quin
Scotty
Serge
Sone
Llama
TH

Nero
Gleam

sig

Sorry my yellow section is so big. :haha: I'm paranoid still. :grin: Some of the yellows are actually people I'm ping ponging on - I think they are good at one point and scummy at another point. So I'm just putting them neutral until something more solidifies.

Linkola~
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 204

Post by a2thezebra »

:offtobed:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

Quin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Quin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I did ISO you. I stand by what I said.
If you did, you cannot stand by what you said. An entire night phase and a day phase was spent establishing those points.
Yet I still do :)
Great. Then I guess we've got nothing left to discuss if you're going to be so closed-minded.
But you aren't discussing. You are No U-ing me big time. I said my piece about why i suspected you, and you start saying things like "lynch SVS". I read your posts, and I obviously interpret them differently than you do, and I standby my interpretation. I will have more time for a post on your posts in the AM, I am doing this, but also other stuff right now.

Linki @Zeeb~ I know you don't :)

Linki @ Indi, Linkapalooza
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

S~V~S wrote: Linki @ Indi, Linkapalooza
Oooh, that calls for a smiley! I wonder if I could fine one for that...
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

EBWOP: *find not fine. Lame. :rolleyes:

XOXO Epi Girl
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote:
Quin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Quin wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I did ISO you. I stand by what I said.
If you did, you cannot stand by what you said. An entire night phase and a day phase was spent establishing those points.
Yet I still do :)
Great. Then I guess we've got nothing left to discuss if you're going to be so closed-minded.
But you aren't discussing. You are No U-ing me big time. I said my piece about why i suspected you, and you start saying things like "lynch SVS". I read your posts, and I obviously interpret them differently than you do, and I standby my interpretation. I will have more time for a post on your posts in the AM, I am doing this, but also other stuff right now.

Linki @Zeeb~ I know you don't :)

Linki @ Indi, Linkapalooza
I'm not U-ing you at all. There is solid reasoning for finding you scummy when you refuse to elaborate on any of your points. I either see it as an arrogant town deciding that I'm scum and giving zero opportunities for me to refute your points, or a scum who is currently derailing themselves. There's no dispute that I am discussing. I am asking questions. I am giving reasons for finding you suspicious and providing openings for you to respond.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Also, if you disagree with my interpretations, tell me what you think, and for the love of god, tell me that you do in the first place.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Silverwolf »

ika wrote:Hey silver, I'm at work and you know I can't get games from ms. But can you tell zebra how wron she is about defending you?
Plz and ty
ika-I know you'd defend me as either alignment if you think I'm town :hugs:

BUT, What Zebra is saying and I kind of understand is, you've been hardcore defending me and townreading me for most of the game. You don't have any of that natural paranoia of me that should be there if you don't know my alignment.

I've been giving you a pass on this because you do defend me as both alignments if you are townreading me and you are very good at figuring out if I'm scum. You also, got that bad Fuzz vote and helped me push the CFD on Fuzz along with a couple others also-S-V-S and some others (I'll have to go look again and see who) BUT, knowing you will bus has me worried. I'm also worried that you are trying to keep my townread on you from fading by hardcore townreading me-I've done this as scum before. Remember when I was working with Cheetory in 185 and townreading him so much? I mean, he was killed but before he died, he was townreading me. He didn't really suspect me until late game when he was out of the game and pretty much everyone did at that point. So, this is an effective scum tactic I've used before. Hard townreading people that will give you a hard time if they suspect you in order to get them to look elsewhere.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 580

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:Golden, sometimes reading people is about more than looking at the "evidence".
I would say always.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

Quin wrote:Also, if you disagree with my interpretations, tell me what you think, and for the love of god, tell me that you do in the first place.
"For the love of God"; you don;t find that to be a bit hyperbole?

Night :)
Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Golden, sometimes reading people is about more than looking at the "evidence".
I would say always.
QFT to the nth power :nicenod:
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:
I would say always.
Then I don't understand why you have a problem with my read... what the hell... you're talking in circles.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:
I would say always.
Then I don't understand why you have a problem with my read... what the hell... you're talking in circles.
Because you have never exhibited any doubt in your read. Something that even I have done.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I don't really have a 'problem' with it either - but I'm damn well going to push you until I feel I've gotten to the bottom of it and whether or not it is genuine.

What do you think of a gleam vote? I think Fuzz voting ika might have been to save gleam.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

:shrug: To the very end she refuses to discuss anything.

Cool. Someone tell me this is normal behaviour. I don't get it.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote::shrug: To the very end she refuses to discuss anything.

My advice from personal experience. SVS is a mystery that cannot be understood. But it doesn't make her any less awesome (regardless of alignment).

In this case, I think you should really take note of her role in the Fuzz lynch. I think you are barking up the wrong tree.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 140

Post by thellama73 »

Golden wrote:

My advice from personal experience. SVS is a mystery that cannot be understood. But it doesn't make her any less awesome (regardless of alignment).

In this case, I think you should really take note of her role in the Fuzz lynch. I think you are barking up the wrong tree.
I kind of miss the old days when SVS and I would relentlessly attack each other in every game regardless of alignment. Where have all the good times gone?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

thellama73 wrote:
Golden wrote:

I kind of miss the old days when SVS and I would relentlessly attack each other in every game regardless of alignment. Where have all the good times gone?
You're too busy voting for DDL.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Golden wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Golden wrote:
I would say always.
Because you have never exhibited any doubt in your read. Something that even I have done.
Of course I could be wrong. I've already said I have no knowledge of sig's role. My first post after the Fuzz flip was that I thought sig looked bad, and then I went back and reread him. I changed my mind. I am arguing my point of view in a thread full of sig haters, it does me nor sig any good to repeatedly mention I could be wrong.

Do I have to express doubt in my reads in order for them to be genuine? I've explained my point of view thoroughly, post after post, mainly because you have asked me to do so.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:

I could say the same thing about my role in the lynch to her. She's definitely barking up the wrong tree.

But you see where that becomes counterproductive, I trust.
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Quin, are you bad? I can't tell.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Golden wrote:

This is a pretty good summary of SVS. She was my mafia mentor. I'm not going to say I can read her super well, but I think I have a pretty good idea. She can be a stubborn civ. She can be a slick baddie. I'm not seeing anything suspicious from her so far in this game. Her role in the Fuzz lynch told me a lot about her alignment. She is not a busser if she can help it (from my experience). I think you (Quin) are currently experiencing stubborn civ SVS.

@ SVS :hugs: I don't mean that as bad as it sounds, if it sounds bad.

This will likely be me signing off for the night. For it is date night in the InDex house, and we shall watch movies in our comfies and eat junk food! :noble: :srsnod:

Yeesh, back to linkapalooza over here. :puppy:

XOXO Epi Girl
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:
Golden wrote:

I could say the same thing about my role in the lynch to her. She's definitely barking up the wrong tree.

What role did you have in lynching any baddie? How can the two be compared?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

:shrug: Are there really any good guys in this setup?
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Quin wrote::shrug: Are there really any good guys in this setup?
So that's a yes. Thanks.

Everybody lynch Quin.

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:
Golden wrote:

What role did you have in lynching any baddie? How can the two be compared?
I didn't. That's not what I was talking about.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

What were you talking about?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:What were you talking about?
She took my opposition to lynching fuzz as bad, just as I see her jumping on the bandwagon as bad. To change our minds is, as I said, counterproductive.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:
Golden wrote:What were you talking about?
She took my opposition to lynching fuzz as bad, just as I see her jumping on the bandwagon as bad. To change our minds is, as I said, counterproductive.
But, as I've said to you several times, she didn't jump on the bandwagon. She created it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Like, at least DDL's case on me has a little merit in that you can say I just went with the target. SVS didn't go with the target. She made the case and effectively selected the target.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:Like, at least DDL's case on me has a little merit in that you can say I just went with the target. SVS didn't go with the target. She made the case and effectively selected the target.
Silverwolf created the case. ISO them both for their respective posts and you'll see that.
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:
Golden wrote:Like, at least DDL's case on me has a little merit in that you can say I just went with the target. SVS didn't go with the target. She made the case and effectively selected the target.
Silverwolf created the case. ISO them both for their respective posts and you'll see that.
No. Thats simply not true. It's entirely false. Very similar to DDL saying silverwolf put Fuzz's name in the pool for possible CFD too, which was actually me. Neither of those things were silverwolf.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:
No. Thats simply not true. It's entirely false. Very similar to DDL saying silverwolf put Fuzz's name in the pool for possible CFD too, which was actually me. Neither of those things were silverwolf.
...Did you ISO them?

I've got to get ready to go to uni in an hour, but I'll have a little while before I actually go. Lynch me for it if you want, but I won't be addressing any points that are made by someone who didn't even have the decency to elaborate on them herself. Hell, if you do maybe you'll stop talking about sig.
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Why aren't people voting Quin when he basically admitted to being bad?

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Yes, I did ISO them. You can tell very easily from starting a thread read from this point:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 95#p242395

Here are the key points...

Silverwolf
Silverwolf wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:Breaking the tie, voting for ika.

ika
This is a very opportunistic vote and probably scum.
Literally the only post that you can be referring to as SW making a case. Also the only one that can be referred to as SW putting Fuzz's name into a CFD pool. After that...
Golden wrote:Serge and Fuzz votes both opportunistic, I'd be open to either of them too.
I put Fuzz in the CFD pool.
S~V~S wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:

ika
I kind of agree. This is his last postmentioning ika:
RadicalFuzz wrote:Matt is either playing from a high tightrope or is town. The risk/reward for his actions feels like high/medium if he's scum.
Sloonei is my strongest townread, as his posts have consistently made logical sense and he's avoided tunnelling on one player or interaction. It feels like he's trying to solve the game, and that's good.
You look town-y to me, for similar reasons to Sloonei. The difference is your tone reads as a little early to reach a conclusion, like you're content with finding enough facts to reach a conclusion at all, not necessarily the correct one.

Spirityo still has said next to nothing and we're a few hours out from Day 2 ending. His four posts consist of the following. A "linki - that's a good idea", one "I agree with Sloonei about the cultural differences between RYM & Syndicate", a greeting to everyone, and an apology for missing the vote. Absolutely zero content whatsoever.
Enrique I don't like because of his refusal to explain his vote on Day 1. That entire situation read as if he was nervous, if that makes sense, like he didn't have a reason at the time of his vote but decided he needed one.

I refuse to touch the Silverwolf/ika thing with a 39 & 1/2 foot pole. There's some logic to be found in interactions regarding them, but so much emotion that I'd probably end up stepping on someone's toes and they'd get mad at me for their decision to wear sandals.

My vote's going to be used to prevent a tie today. I'm indifferent as to where specifically it goes.

Turnip the reason you should vote for me is so you stop twiddling your thumbs about who to vote for.

Llama can you elaborate on your conclusion that Luffy's posts scream "cop?"
SVS makes the case...

And after both of those things...
Silverwolf wrote:
Golden wrote:Let me throw out two names for this counterwagon and see if Sloon, SVS, TH, indi, silver and ika could all be behind either.

Matt
Wilgy

I'm open to other names.
I don't like this. I never like the idea of a last minute flash wagon at the end of the day.

Your latest posts are not really sitting well with me.

Radical Fuzz, Golden need to be looked into more tomorrow IMO.
Silverwolf is clearly not even on board with a CFD at that time, even.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

thellama73 wrote:Why aren't people voting Quin when he basically admitted to being bad?
Hopefully because they understood it was a joke on the fact that civ's are mafia and maf are police.
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm starting to feel like I'm not being taken seriously. :sigh:

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

thellama73 wrote:I'm starting to feel like I'm not being taken seriously. :sigh:
Never!

OK, usually.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

In all seriousness, I see this all the time, and I regard it as a legitimate baddie catching technique. I ask someone if they are bad, and instead of saying "no" they make a joke out of it.

Why? I think there are still an awful lot of people who are subconsciously uncomfortable lying in the face of a very direct question, so they dodge instead. They don't mean to, but it is their instinct. I trust my methods, and it's why I'm voting Quin today.

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:Yes, I did ISO them. You can tell very easily from starting a thread read from this point:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 95#p242395

Here are the key points...

Silverwolf
Silverwolf wrote:

ika
Literally the only post that you can be referring to as SW making a case. Also the only one that can be referred to as SW putting Fuzz's name into a CFD pool. After that...
Golden wrote:Serge and Fuzz votes both opportunistic, I'd be open to either of them too.
I put Fuzz in the CFD pool.
S~V~S wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:

ika
I kind of agree. This is his last postmentioning ika:
RadicalFuzz wrote:Matt is either playing from a high tightrope or is town. The risk/reward for his actions feels like high/medium if he's scum.
Sloonei is my strongest townread, as his posts have consistently made logical sense and he's avoided tunnelling on one player or interaction. It feels like he's trying to solve the game, and that's good.
You look town-y to me, for similar reasons to Sloonei. The difference is your tone reads as a little early to reach a conclusion, like you're content with finding enough facts to reach a conclusion at all, not necessarily the correct one.

Spirityo still has said next to nothing and we're a few hours out from Day 2 ending. His four posts consist of the following. A "linki - that's a good idea", one "I agree with Sloonei about the cultural differences between RYM & Syndicate", a greeting to everyone, and an apology for missing the vote. Absolutely zero content whatsoever.
Enrique I don't like because of his refusal to explain his vote on Day 1. That entire situation read as if he was nervous, if that makes sense, like he didn't have a reason at the time of his vote but decided he needed one.

I refuse to touch the Silverwolf/ika thing with a 39 & 1/2 foot pole. There's some logic to be found in interactions regarding them, but so much emotion that I'd probably end up stepping on someone's toes and they'd get mad at me for their decision to wear sandals.

My vote's going to be used to prevent a tie today. I'm indifferent as to where specifically it goes.

Turnip the reason you should vote for me is so you stop twiddling your thumbs about who to vote for.

Llama can you elaborate on your conclusion that Luffy's posts scream "cop?"
SVS makes the case...

And after both of those things...
Silverwolf wrote:
Golden wrote:Let me throw out two names for this counterwagon and see if Sloon, SVS, TH, indi, silver and ika could all be behind either.

Matt
Wilgy

I'm open to other names.
I don't like this. I never like the idea of a last minute flash wagon at the end of the day.

Your latest posts are not really sitting well with me.

Radical Fuzz, Golden need to be looked into more tomorrow IMO.
Silverwolf is clearly not even on board with a CFD at that time, even.
Did you not consider the possibility that SVS realised the lynch was inevitable based on Silver's call-out?
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@Quin - are you seriously telling me that, at zero votes... SVS would have seen Fuzz's lynch as 'inevitable' based on one person saying 'that was very opportunistic and probably scum'. Thats basically the same as DDL's idea that I'm flexible enough to bus someone but not taking into account that there was no need to bus.

Fuzz's lynch was far from inevitable, and without SVS's case there was literally zero chance it happened. There is a big difference between being an early adopter, and actually making the case that gets someone lynched.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 275

Post by sig »

Quin could be bad, lynching him is much better then me. :srsnod: :workit: :srsnod:
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

sig wrote:Quin could be bad, lynching him is much better then me. :srsnod: :workit: :srsnod:
I'm beginning to think this might be true.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I've gone back and forth on the pair of you. It drives me nuts.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Do it then.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

thellama73 wrote:In all seriousness, I see this all the time, and I regard it as a legitimate baddie catching technique. I ask someone if they are bad, and instead of saying "no" they make a joke out of it.

Why? I think there are still an awful lot of people who are subconsciously uncomfortable lying in the face of a very direct question, so they dodge instead. They don't mean to, but it is their instinct. I trust my methods, and it's why I'm voting Quin today.
I'll make a joke out of almost anything, for future reference.
ImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 339

Post by ika »

im now home.

FYI i will be out all of tommmorw
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:Do it then.
You may find this ironic, but I actually don't want to rush into my decision about where my vote actually ends up.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Silverwolf »

You left out some key points there Golden by implying I had nothing to do with the Fuzz lynch. Why are you trying to discredit me? I wasn't the only one involved with it but I called the vote out as bad first and also helped pushed that lynch very hard and even laid out some key points to make it happen. The fact that you are implying I had nothing to do with it by selective quoting is starting to make me not like you again.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:Do it then.
You may find this ironic, but I actually don't want to rush into my decision about where my vote actually ends up.
I don't. But lynching me now benefits town, since people will be able to find other things to talk about that will actually out a policeman.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”