30%

Total votes: 20
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 85

Re: [DAY 5] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Gunther »

Quin wrote:Voted for Scotty, btw.
Scotty you say? Where is that little bugger? I'm an excellent jusge of Scotty's alignment. I'm his father after all. He used to be terrible at being evil but he came around just as I retired after learning that my long lost twin brother was an international man of mystery.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Golf »

Golden is the Warden, taunting the escapees with his pointless role-guessing shout-outs. Discuss.
Fractal
sprityo
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 204

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:I have two threads to read tonight and limited time, so:

Dear prisoners:

I am most suspicious of sig because of his frantic defense of Fuzz, his willingness to allege anybody and everybody, and accusing people for doing or saying things he himself has done and said.

I am second most suspicious of DDL, mainly because after gleam got lynched, DDL acted as though sig's lynch was a foregone conclusion.

I would like your criminal expertise in this, because I'm voting one of these bee-yotches.

Sincerely,

Piper Chapman.
A Dragon D. Luffy lynch has much higher odds of being useful to town than a sig lynch. Fact.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

Quin wrote:
Also, why are you avoiding the question?
I am not. In addition to you I have said that I am not feeling good about Serge. I have said this before. But mainly it is you. And you know, there is nothing wrong with that :)
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

"Linki:" judge. Why do these frickin' smartphones have a tendency to make you look and feel stupid?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Epignosis wrote:I am most suspicious of sig because of his frantic defense of Fuzz, his willingness to allege anybody and everybody, and accusing people for doing or saying things he himself has done and said.
Is a frantic defense of a baddie typical baddie behavior? Is it typical of sig? This is an easy accusation to render. Is there a specific moment that pinged you strongly enough to shed the doubts associated with this kind of read (suspecting a player for defending a baddie)?[/quote]
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 580

Post by Golden »

Prisoner 740359 wrote:Golden is the Warden, taunting the escapees with his pointless role-guessing shout-outs. Discuss.
I don't think they are pointless. I mean, they might not be useful, but from my perspective the point is I'm having fun trying to guess.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Have we determined, fellow inmates, whether votes are changeable? I am goal-focused right now and haven't stopped to breath.
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 384

Post by indiglo »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Have we determined, fellow inmates, whether votes are changeable? I am goal-focused right now and haven't stopped to breath.
They have been changeable everyday so far. I haven't voted yet to find out if they are 100% today also. But they have been everyday.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I am most suspicious of sig because of his frantic defense of Fuzz, his willingness to allege anybody and everybody, and accusing people for doing or saying things he himself has done and said.
Is a frantic defense of a baddie typical baddie behavior? Is it typical of sig? This is an easy accusation to render. Is there a specific moment that pinged you strongly enough to shed the doubts associated with this kind of read (suspecting a player for defending a baddie)?
[/quote]
Epi's reason for being suspicious of sig is everyone's reason for being suspicious of sig. Which would be fine if it was just Epi and a few others that suspect him, however many, many suspect him. I refuse to believe that so many people suspect a player for defending a baddie and being a hypocrite. Neither of those are alignment-indicative and more people should know that than what has been seen.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:
Prisoner 740359 wrote:Golden is the Warden, taunting the escapees with his pointless role-guessing shout-outs. Discuss.
I don't think they are pointless. I mean, they might not be useful, but from my perspective the point is I'm having fun trying to guess.
lol
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Votes are changeable.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Golden wrote:
If they serve no point to the game, they're pointless.
Fractal
sprityo
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

@ Zebra - I'm pretty sure that's why many of us switched off of sig yesterday and onto Gleam. Granted, we were wrong... but hopefully you get the point. He hasn't been an easy lynch by any means. I talked myself out of it, as did many others for reasons you mentioned in your post.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Golden. Rhymes with Warden.
Fractal
sprityo
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Prisoner 740359 wrote:Golden. Rhymes with Warden.
Riiiiiiiiight.
Paul Stevens
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 5

Post by Paul Stevens »

:omg:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Prisoner 740359 wrote:
Golden wrote:
I don't like you. But also you should use a dictionary. The words 'to the game' won't be in there.

Anyway, stop trying to poo poo me trying to bring some levity. It will make me lose that funniest poster award all over again.

PS - I'm civ in this game, discuss that!
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Golden is definitely not the warden. I say that with a great deal of confidence.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

indiglo wrote:@ Zebra - I'm pretty sure that's why many of us switched off of sig yesterday and onto Gleam. Granted, we were wrong... but hopefully you get the point. He hasn't been an easy lynch by any means. I talked myself out of it, as did many others for reasons you mentioned in your post.
But why gleam? Why not someone who was actually suspicious? For every CFD where you luck out (Fuzz) you get ten where you don't.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Golden is definitely not the warden. I say that with a great deal of confidence.
Who is?
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Golden wrote:
Prisoner 740359 wrote:
Golden wrote:
I don't like you. But also you should use a dictionary. The words 'to the game' won't be in there.

Anyway, stop trying to poo poo me trying to bring some levity. It will make me lose that funniest poster award all over again.

I told you I never learned to read, Warden.

U just nervous because I caught on to you. So now it's "bringing levity"? Earlier it was "doing stuff to amuse myself". Nice consistency there, scum warden.
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Golden is definitely not the warden. I say that with a great deal of confidence.
Don't betray me, brah. We got iiim.
Fractal
sprityo
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

a2thezebra wrote:
Who is?
I don't know. Not Golden. I'll be genuinely quite surprised if it's him. I'll actually peruse the list and try to come up with some options when I finish my current project.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

a2thezebra wrote:
indiglo wrote:@ Zebra - I'm pretty sure that's why many of us switched off of sig yesterday and onto Gleam. Granted, we were wrong... but hopefully you get the point. He hasn't been an easy lynch by any means. I talked myself out of it, as did many others for reasons you mentioned in your post.
But why gleam? Why not someone who was actually suspicious? For every CFD where you luck out (Fuzz) you get ten where you don't.
Okay, hold up. I don't speak freaky-deaky Dutch, okay? What on earth is CFF?
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Golden wrote:
Prisoner 740359 wrote:
Golden wrote:

I think it's possible they may serve a point in the game. Who's to say? :shrug:

XOXO Epi Girl
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Who is?
I don't know. Not Golden. I'll be genuinely quite surprised if it's him. I'll actually peruse the list and try to come up with some options when I finish my current project.
Thanks in advance, I am interested with what you will conclude.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Prisoner 813142 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
So there are non-player prisoners.

CFD is Chinese Fire Drill. Everyone piles on a wagon out of nowhere at the very end of a day. It's a reckless and useless exercise that almost always helps mafia more than the civs.
Chuck
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Chuck »

Ah, it feels good to stretch my aching bones after that lockup. I like the air out here. I think it's time to go on a rampage. :feb:
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Prisoner 813142 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
CFD = Chinese Fire Drill

Basically a very last minute, End of Day band wagon to lynch someone.

The Fuzz lynch was a CFD, and Zebra keeps saying the Gleam lynch was too, but it wasn't. There was a case made (by me) - it was wrong, but it wasn't a CFD. :sigh:

Linki~

XOXO Epi Girl
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

There are definitely non-player prisoners, because there are 14 of them (see OP). I figured that out before I claimed one was JJJ.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

indiglo wrote:
Prisoner 813142 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
CFD = Chinese Fire Drill

The Fuzz lynch was a CFD, and Zebra keeps saying the Gleam lynch was too, but it wasn't. There was a case made (by me) - it was wrong, but it wasn't a CFD. :sigh:

Linki~
Just because a case was made doesn't mean that it wasn't a CFD.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

a2thezebra wrote:
Prisoner 813142 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

CFD is Chinese Fire Drill. Everyone piles on a wagon out of nowhere at the very end of a day. It's a reckless and useless exercise that almost always helps mafia more than the civs.
Thank you for your prompt response. I like you. You have the right attitude for a trustworth henchman. If we had met years ago I'd have wanted you on my payroll.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

a2thezebra wrote:
indiglo wrote:
Prisoner 813142 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
CFD = Chinese Fire Drill

Linki~
Just because a case was made doesn't mean that it wasn't a CFD.
Ok Zebra.

XOXO Epi Girl
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Prisoner 813142 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Prisoner 813142 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

Thank you for your prompt response. I like you. You have the right attitude for a trustworth henchman. If we had met years ago I'd have wanted you on my payroll.
It would have been an honor, I assure you.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Checking Dragon D. Luffy's interactions with Fuzz:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:Refusal to elaborate on a lynch vote isn't enough for a lynch? I disagree, Luffy. Saying "X should be dead" and not explaining the why is either poor play that needs to be pruned or intentional manipulation of mob mentality to keep motives for X's death hidden. I don't like it.

Wilgy you knew perfectly well that your voting plan wasn't going to work before you posted it.

Scotty you didn't put me on that list of people who hadn't checked in. If you made the list off the top of your head why are those 3 on your mind, and if you went down the list how did you miss me?
I don't like it either, but I've lynched too many civs in this site for that to know it's not a very strong tell.

So I'm being cautious.
Tame discussion of strategic/conceptual disagreement in pre-game.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Public utility: List of people who didn't vote:

RadicalFuzz
Serge
Spirityo
Turnip Head

I was curious about it and decided to check it so I may as well post it for everyone.
Identifies Fuzz and others as non-voters on Night 1. These two entries are quite neutral and tell me nothing about DDL's alignment.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:Luffy are you concerned about getting heat for unfamiliarity, is that why you're calling Soneji to the stand to testify to your behavior?
No. I was defending myself from him.

I'm always concerned about getting heat for a number of reasons, because I think I'm very prone to getting heat. Even more in the forum I came from than in here, now that I think about it.

On the Soneji thing, I just found strange that he had a worse grasp of my meta than I thought he would have, since I have played more than double the amount of games with him than with anyone here.

This was me finding him suspicious, not asking him for validation.

I still haven't formed a decent opinion on him though, because he hasn't posted anymore. The guy seems to have problems being active in Syndicate games, for some reason.
Fuzz tosses DDL a bit of a softball; it allows both players to engage in a relevant discussion but no stances are taken.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:I'm going to make the following assumptions.
Being arrested does not equate to being dead, they're different states. The first post player list has separate segments for them, and several roles (Stool Pigeon & Warden) mention arrests specifically.
The Warden's role has unspecified details. It reads only "Warden - Runs the prison and oversees all the prisoners" and I doubt they'd bother making the different game state of being arrested just for the Stool Pigeon.

My guess is that the reason they arrested Tranq had to do with that difference between being arrested and being dead. Assuming logical thought, they believed that having Tranq in that "Arrested" state would be more beneficial than not. That surprises me because it seems to me that Tranq would've gotten heat and, since he presumably isn't scum, could've been "used" for lack of a better term.

I'm not familiar with Tranq, though, so if he's a strong town player then that could provide a more straightforward explanation as well.
This probably explains why the game thread only appears for those who are logged in. There's probably another thread we can't see.
Discussion of the prison and the Warden. Neutral.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:RadicalFuzz is fishy. He is just staying in the sidelines asking people random questions and commenting on what is currently going on, but he hasn't actually posted any suspicions of his own. He is aware of what's going on, but is not actually participating. Feels like blending.
Abrupt shift, as though DDL had a sort of epiphany. He followed this up with a Fuzz vote.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Fuzz, any town and/or mafia reads?

Also any idea on who you intend to vote?
Basic content-chasing question.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:Matt is either playing from a high tightrope or is town. The risk/reward for his actions feels like high/medium if he's scum.
Sloonei is my strongest townread, as his posts have consistently made logical sense and he's avoided tunnelling on one player or interaction. It feels like he's trying to solve the game, and that's good.
You look town-y to me, for similar reasons to Sloonei. The difference is your tone reads as a little early to reach a conclusion, like you're content with finding enough facts to reach a conclusion at all, not necessarily the correct one.

Spirityo still has said next to nothing and we're a few hours out from Day 2 ending. His four posts consist of the following. A "linki - that's a good idea", one "I agree with Sloonei about the cultural differences between RYM & Syndicate", a greeting to everyone, and an apology for missing the vote. Absolutely zero content whatsoever.
Enrique I don't like because of his refusal to explain his vote on Day 1. That entire situation read as if he was nervous, if that makes sense, like he didn't have a reason at the time of his vote but decided he needed one.

I refuse to touch the Silverwolf/ika thing with a 39 & 1/2 foot pole. There's some logic to be found in interactions regarding them, but so much emotion that I'd probably end up stepping on someone's toes and they'd get mad at me for their decision to wear sandals.

My vote's going to be used to prevent a tie today. I'm indifferent as to where specifically it goes.

Turnip the reason you should vote for me is so you stop twiddling your thumbs about who to vote for.

Llama can you elaborate on your conclusion that Luffy's posts scream "cop?"
Thanks.

About your read on me, I have noticed this tendency of mine to try to reach to conclusions. I think it's because I'm an engineer and I'm used to deal with things as a combination of parameters that must be used to obtain a result. I try to rationalize and explain my decisions in order to justify my reads. That behavior has had underwhelming results over the past few games, so I'm actually trying to tone that down.

The way you play is atypical, but you don't seem malicious. I'm moving back to gleam.
DDL softened his abrupt grip on Fuzz just as abruptly, and I'm not quite sure why. I could be missing something in this exchange where quotes weren't included, since Fuzz is not one to quote very often. Talk about this DDL -- why exactly did you change your tune here?
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Fine.

RadicalFuzz

I hate this plan but if we are not lynching gleam, the Fuzz is the next in line.

I'm not lynching ika today.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Yeah sorry Fuzz. My suspicion on you is not strong, but I'm not wasting my vote. You are still the guy who only posted reads when people asked you to.
DDL moved his vote during the CFD, his was third-last. Given that ika still finished with the vote lead, this might not have been a big thread to Fuzz yet. It's hard for me to say from my position.

-----------------

I think these interactions are team-mate compatible, but they don't scream it. It's a pretty soft group of posts. I think DDL is a valid suspect based on this at least.
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Goddammit. I'm gonna throw this frickin' smartphone in the frickin' river. Throw me a bone here!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Prisoner 813142 wrote:Goddammit. I'm gonna throw this frickin' smartphone in the frickin' river. Throw me a bone here!
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

This isn't fair, homie50. I. Can't. Read.
Fractal
sprityo
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Prisoner 740359 wrote:This isn't fair, homie50. I. Can't. Read.
If you can write that's all that matters.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Is a frantic defense of a baddie typical baddie behavior? Is it typical of sig? This is an easy accusation to render. Is there a specific moment that pinged you strongly enough to shed the doubts associated with this kind of read (suspecting a player for defending a baddie)?
There's no such thing as "typical baddie behavior," just as there isn't a such thing as "civ behavior."

Is it typical of sig? I don't know the answer to that. sig does a lot of unusual things and he gets lynched for them often, stuff I have defended him over before, good or bad.

No. There is no specific moment with sig. It's a bunch of stuff over time. His posts give me the impression that he's comfortable lynching anyone for any reason...except for Fuzz, whom he defended ardently under pressure.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Celeste »

My vote goes to Golden the nub.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Epignosis wrote:There's no such thing as "typical baddie behavior," just as there isn't a such thing as "civ behavior."
I don't agree.
Epignosis wrote:Is it typical of sig? I don't know the answer to that. sig does a lot of unusual things and he gets lynched for them often, stuff I have defended him over before, good or bad.

No. There is no specific moment with sig. It's a bunch of stuff over time. His posts give me the impression that he's comfortable lynching anyone for any reason...except for Fuzz, whom he defended ardently under pressure.
I'll check your assertion against his content and decide how I feel.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Prisoner 483934 wrote:My vote goes to Golden the nub.
Now we talkin lets lynch that Warden.
Fractal
sprityo
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I actually just determined that my reason for exonerating Golden from warden candidacy wasn't valid. I was basing it off of the things the warden said, which I don't think are at all Golden-esque... but they were quotes. So anyone can copy/paste quotes.
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:I actually just determined that my reason for exonerating Golden from warden candidacy wasn't valid. I was basing it off of the things the warden said, which I don't think are at all Golden-esque... but they were quotes. So anyone can copy/paste quotes.
Huh?
Fractal
sprityo
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Prisoner 740359 wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:I actually just determined that my reason for exonerating Golden from warden candidacy wasn't valid. I was basing it off of the things the warden said, which I don't think are at all Golden-esque... but they were quotes. So anyone can copy/paste quotes.
Huh?
Something about getting ****ed by a train. :eek:
Golf
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Golf »

Prisoners should rally and vote for Golden the Warden. The other players can join.

linki: If a lynch train then yeah well show him :nicenod:
Fractal
sprityo
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Oh great, the prisoners are going to break out and lynch me.

Fucking fantastic.

There is literally zero doubt I'm on my civilian game for anyone who wants to even try thinking about it half-assed. Everyone who knows me knows it.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Why do you think Golden is the warden?
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:There's no such thing as "typical baddie behavior," just as there isn't a such thing as "civ behavior."
I don't agree.
I know.
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Is it typical of sig? I don't know the answer to that. sig does a lot of unusual things and he gets lynched for them often, stuff I have defended him over before, good or bad.

I'll check your assertion against his content and decide how I feel.
Fair enough.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Previous Jobs”