It's going to happen regardless...
30%

Total votes: 20
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Re: [DAY 5] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

S~V~S wrote:Am I taht bad at expressing myself?
Naw I gotchu. :beer:
S~V~S wrote:I think you are. OTHER people started talking about how LC must be the seemer. Then sig starts talking about how he will flip. It felt to me like laying groundwork. Everyone lynches sig, sig flips civ, and the groundwork for LC being the seemer is already laid. So lets lynch those people who suspected poor sig. I know when *I* am a seemer, I like to talk about how I will "flip", not what I "am", but how i will flip.
I think what I'm not seeing here is the progression from "sig talks about his flip" to "sig sets up faulty analysis relative to LC-as-seemer theories". How does his claim that he wouldn't flip bad progress that strategy? The groundwork is already lain for the sort of thing you're talking about without sig ever needing to say that. The only thing that needs to exist are the LC-as-seemer theories, and they do. If sig is the seemer, then all he needs to do is literally flip civilian -- there is never any need to predict that flip right now.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Quin, whaddya think of DDL right now?
He has said a lot of off things, make no mistake. However, he still doesn't strike me as a better lynch than Scotty, Golden, Sloonei, Nero or maybe ika. I agree with what you said a while back about how he might just be the kind of player who takes on pressure as he is.
At face value I would call both Golden and Sloonei not suspicious. I'm mind-melding with both of them on most issues (the glaring difference being in our reads of sig), and they just seem to be within their town parameters. For either one of them, this'd be a top-caliber meta fake. Scotty and Nero I could entertain, but I don't think the cases would be terribly strong.
Golden and Sloonei's relationship in this particular is something I feel is being ignored a bit too much. Mind you, I did get an answer explaining this, but I don't think enough people were considering it and that doesn't make me feel too good knowing such a crucial aspect of the game isn't getting the attention it deserves.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 204

Post by a2thezebra »

S~V~S wrote:
Prisoner 740359 wrote:Hmm, Warden putting Turnip Head on a blue pedestal... :ponder:
The Wardens whole job here is to sow paranoia, WIFOM, etc.
Bingo.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I won't violently oppose a DDL lynch but I would prefer an ika lynch of course.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

Prisoner 920077 wrote:Svs who gets your vote? My read in shows you as the most trustworthy. I will move my vote to whoever you say.
At this point, GTH, Quin. I have not voted yet due to all the things you prisoners have brought up. Lots of new things to think about. But yeah, I still think Quin is bad.

Lini @ 50, yeah, that's why the claim with that specific wording stuck out to me. I myself would npot say that, but I have had lots of baddie teammates love to get their gloat on.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Rachel Green
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 52

Post by Rachel Green »

Ok I will check out Quin once I get home.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Quin wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Quin wrote:
He has said a lot of off things, make no mistake. However, he still doesn't strike me as a better lynch than Scotty, Golden, Sloonei, Nero or maybe ika. I agree with what you said a while back about how he might just be the kind of player who takes on pressure as he is.
At face value I would call both Golden and Sloonei not suspicious. I'm mind-melding with both of them on most issues (the glaring difference being in our reads of sig), and they just seem to be within their town parameters. For either one of them, this'd be a top-caliber meta fake. Scotty and Nero I could entertain, but I don't think the cases would be terribly strong.
Golden and Sloonei's relationship in this particular is something I feel is being ignored a bit too much. Mind you, I did get an answer explaining this, but I don't think enough people were considering it and that doesn't make me feel too good knowing such a crucial aspect of the game isn't getting the attention it deserves.
Could you clarify what relationship you're referring to exactly between them? You don't have to rehash an entire Thing, just give me the basic gist and I'll go chase the details myself.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Silverwolf »

ika wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
ika wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong, but this is not the first time you've described her read as "the nullest of null". What compels to you say this more than once?
Silverwolf, if you could substantiate your suspicion of ika more thoroughly I'd be a happy camper.
i think your misunderstanding the context, im telling her the buddying is the nullest tell she can have on me, not the read hrself
I understand the context. Why are you dismissing her suspicion of you like that? To me it seems like you are telling her to drop the suspicion just because. You're not offering a reason, you're just saying no to it.

And then I asked Silverwolf to substantiate the case because if she does that I can judge it better and you will have to respond more thoroughly.
im dismissing it cus shes knows my meta so well that buddying in itself is null. if she has specifcs about ym buddign then i can see it more clearly.

do i make sense?
ika-You make me sad. First you buddy the shit out of me and then you discredit me. Yes, you have buddied me as town before. The difference is, as town you had a healthy paranoia of me and didn't autotownread me right away. Here you just immediately townread me and immediately defended me from any attack against me, often before I could say anything myself.

I feel like you were trying to get me on your side so that I wouldn't look at you too closely because you know I am a threat to you when you are scum and I am town. It's very similar to what I've done before as scum and I've seen you do as scum to other people you know in games-defend them to the death.

Also, I know you like to hardcore buss so your vote on RadicalFuzz isn't that much of a town indicator for you as I'd like it to be.

Also, You immediately discredit me when I ask about your buddying instead of show me the town outrage I'd expect if I was wrong-a scum tactic coming from you.

I don't see the same fight from you this game I've seen in other town games. You are too passive.

Finally, you are dismissing every suspicion against you as null tells. They can't all be null tells. Some of them are just plain old scumtells.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 580

Post by Golden »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Could you clarify what relationship you're referring to exactly between them? You don't have to rehash an entire Thing, just give me the basic gist and I'll go chase the details myself.
We've been defending each other reasonably hard. Both of us have each other as pretty solid civilian reads.

I've given my reasons for that... Sloonei may have but I don't remember. I don't understand why Quin would jump to it being reflective of baddie teammates though. He seems fixated on sloonei making a brief jump to Matt at EoD2, but why? Why does that brief jump look bad?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Of the two players who defended Fuzz fervently, I think Quin is a bit more suspicious than sig. sig reads town to me on an emotional level, and I grant that my intuitions aren't necessarily going to translate to other people's reads. I don't quite boast the same warm fuzzies about Quin -- his post history is substantive and impressive, but not with the same "fire".
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Golden wrote:We've been defending each other reasonably hard. Both of us have each other as pretty solid civilian reads.
Sounds like things that town Golden and town Sloonei do to people they read as town. :shrug2:

Your perspective may carry bias though so please gimme the juicy bits Quin.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Golden is probably the only person Sloonei has yet to interrogate about anything. That strikes me as odd, as I don't think Sloonei would lay off on asking anybody questions unless he had a very good reason to. Day 1, Sloonei practically exudes good reads about Golden and back then it was from my recognition mostly based on how his posts made him feel. I don't think they've really disagreed on a lot here, another thing that caught my interest.

My conclusion is that they have a BTSC link, and I'm inclined to believe its police BTSC as opposed to a Capo/Crew or Don/Consigliere link.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

And this post just led me to put in that vote for you.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Quin wrote:
We've been defending each other reasonably hard. Both of us have each other as pretty solid civilian reads.

I've given my reasons for that... Sloonei may have but I don't remember. I don't understand why Quin would jump to it being reflective of baddie teammates though. He seems fixated on sloonei making a brief jump to Matt at EoD2, but why? Why does that brief jump look bad?
I'm not fixated on Sloonei's vote for Matt at all. I may have brought it up as it is definitely something worth looking at, but there are other things that are more significant.

And now, I am off to uni. I'll check on my phone perhaps every now and again but I won't be writing essays, at the very least.
ImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 339

Post by ika »

Silverwolf wrote:
ika-You make me sad. First you buddy the shit out of me and then you discredit me. Yes, you have buddied me as town before. The difference is, as town you had a healthy paranoia of me and didn't autotownread me right away. Here you just immediately townread me and immediately defended me from any attack against me, often before I could say anything myself.
im not trying to discredit you my love. im jsut talking in blanket stetements that even i dont full get it how my buddying as it was is scummy. i feel like the later poitn is something that i would do regardless of my town/scum/3rd party staus if it bothers you i cna not do it in the future.
I feel like you were trying to get me on your side so that I wouldn't look at you too closely because you know I am a threat to you when you are scum and I am town. It's very similar to what I've done before as scum and I've seen you do as scum to other people you know in games-defend them to the death.
i know but i still know you are town. i would never try to do that to you.
Also, I know you like to hardcore buss so your vote on RadicalFuzz isn't that much of a town indicator for you as I'd like it to be.
i know, i openly admitied it that its a thing i would do as scum
Also, You immediately discredit me when I ask about your buddying instead of show me the town outrage I'd expect if I was wrong-a scum tactic coming from you.
you know i cnat get mad at you no matter what
I don't see the same fight from you this game I've seen in other town games. You are too passive.

Finally, you are dismissing every suspicion against you as null tells. They can't all be null tells. Some of them are just plain old scumtells.
im passive cus i have been working, im not trying to drop them all but i understad what you are saying
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I think it's a big leap to come to the conclusion we had btsc. I don't know if your reasoning is good (like, I will admit I can't recall sloonei questioning me or me ever questioning him, but I haven't checked), but lets just imagine for a second you were right and I had btsc with sloonei...

What possible reason would you have for coming to the conclusion it was more likely to be Cop btsc? So, I'm the only person he doesn't question and exudes good reads about, according to you. Why did he just choose me, as his one particular cop partner, to not question as opposed to the other four? What is it that would make you rule out the other four?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Quin wrote:My conclusion is that they have a BTSC link, and I'm inclined to believe its police BTSC as opposed to a Capo/Crew or Don/Consigliere link.
For the sake of argument I'll simply accept everything you said up to this point, so I can follow your thought process. If they have BTSC, why do you think it's more likely cop-inclined than not?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

My questions were really unclear, so best to answer prisoner 509 lol, thats basically what I meant.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Quin wrote:My conclusion is that they have a BTSC link, and I'm inclined to believe its police BTSC as opposed to a Capo/Crew or Don/Consigliere link.
For the sake of argument I'll simply accept everything you said up to this point, so I can follow your thought process. If they have BTSC, why do you think it's more likely cop-inclined than not?
Becasue he's bad himself, 509378. That's why.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

That's the second time in an hour or so that Golden and I have made like the exact same post, and both times it was accidental. :eek:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:That's the second time in an hour or so that Golden and I have made like the exact same post, and both times it was accidental. :eek:
Welcome to the golden and indiglo show, you can be our honorary third.

I can't see indi as bad this game because at times it feels like we are using the same brain.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 140

Post by thellama73 »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:That's the second time in an hour or so that Golden and I have made like the exact same post, and both times it was accidental. :eek:
:ponder: Do you two have BTSC?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Is everyone missing ika's most obvious baddie post yet?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

a2thezebra wrote:Is everyone missing ika's most obvious baddie post yet?
Apparently. Which one?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Apparently. Which one?
His most recent. It's on this page.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

The one where Silver talks about the game and he talks about SIlver?

Your post is actually the first post on my page, I am at 50 ppp I think, maybe 60.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

a2thezebra wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Apparently. Which one?
I don't share your confidence, but I do see some things in that post that can be questioned. His willingness to admit his Fuzz vote isn't a great boon for him, and then re-reference it when so prompted, might be suggestive of a person who doesn't want to *grab* town credit overtly but still expects it. What's your beef with the post, Zebra?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

On the scale of 'most obvious baddie posts', I would still place the one where he declared sloonei to be the nk target higher.

I've somewhat replied on the good vibes I get from silverwolf to trust ika. And as I've noted in the past, his vote for Fuzz is far less problematic, because it does not have to function as a bus but only as self-defence (even though ika himself has denied it was a vote in self-defence).
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Fingers crossed that ika and silverwolf are the lovers.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

EBWOP - relied*
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

That would be nice. Karma.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Apparently. Which one?
I don't share your confidence, but I do see some things in that post that can be questioned. His willingness to admit his Fuzz vote isn't a great boon for him, and then re-reference it when so prompted, might be suggestive of a person who doesn't want to *grab* town credit overtly but still expects it. What's your beef with the post, Zebra?
i think i see it myself and that zeb is looking into it too much
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Sloonei wrote:Fingers crossed that ika and silverwolf are the lovers.
:haha: but lets be honest, they would have checked each other night one and not still be suspecting each other now.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

ika wrote:i think i see it myself and that zeb is looking into it too much
You think you see what yourself?
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
ika wrote:i think i see it myself and that zeb is looking into it too much
You think you see what yourself?
what zebra thinks is so damning against me
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well?
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

S~V~S wrote:Well?
what? what i think it is? im not goign to say untill zebra say it herself to see if its the same thing, if zebra has something she needs to back it up

im not giving her fule
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
They are definitely not lovers, since at the first day they never had the chance to find each other. I doubt they are the capo/crew on either family, since they've not shown any interacions with wilgy or Lc that say as such. They could be the don/consig, but its equally likely they're cops.
ImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

golden im gonna answer the sig thing soon i just need a proper time to sort it in one giant post
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

There are 4 BTS civ groups,iirc?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
They are definitely not lovers, since at the first day they never had the chance to find each other. I doubt they are the capo/crew on either family, since they've not shown any interacions with wilgy or Lc that say as such. They could be the don/consig, but its equally likely they're cops.
Why equally?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

OK, like, you are barking up the wrong tree entirely anyway, but...

No connections with LC? How hard did I defend LC from after EoD2? I said he was the one of the late ika voters I didn't suspect. I was very clear about my feelings on LC, he was my very first civilian read on day one. Like, I can't think of many people who I gave a more clear and consistent civ read on.

Now, to be clear, you are barking up the wrong tree. I am not claiming I had btsc with LC. But I can see no way that you could have legitimately gone through looking for connections and come to the view I could not have had btsc with LC. There are things there that look just as much like connections as my connections to sloonei look like connections.

In both cases the genuine explanation is just that I defend people I think are town when I think they are town.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

a2thezebra wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Apparently. Which one?
Why am I bad?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Also why would BTS civs show interaction in the thread?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

S~V~S wrote:Also why would BTS civs show interaction in the thread?
Do you mean bts baddies - or either?
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

WIFOM :P
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Golden wrote:
Do you mean bts baddies - or either?
BTS civs.
Quin wrote: They are definitely not lovers, since at the first day they never had the chance to find each other. I doubt they are the capo/crew on either family, since they've not shown any interacions with wilgy or Lc that say as such. They could be the don/consig, but its equally likely they're cops.
He says he doubts they are capo/crew due to lack of thread interaction.

Why would they make it obvious in the thread?

Do I talk Dutch, lol? I think I am fairly straightforward but every one is always going "huh" when I post, lol.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

@SVS - but why would we make it obvious in the thread if we had baddie btsc either?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I was commenting oh HIS POINT. I don';t know.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I think day one makes it abundantly obvious that I am not on Wilgy's crew/capo, and I'd be surprised if Sloonei was.

Return to “Previous Jobs”