It's going to happen regardless...
30%

Total votes: 20
Serge
The Mark
Posts in topic: 57

Re: [DAY 6] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Serge »

I don't know who you are Prisoner but you're awesome. Stay awesome, Prisoner.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Serge wrote:Or, your grouping produced my reads. I'm not saying your grouping isn't planned. Is it?
Ideally it would be completely randomized, but I didn't have time to set that up without risk of mistakes. This was "randomized", operating in a unique pattern that only I knew. I guess that put me at a technical advantage, but that's inherent to whoever runs the thing anyway.
Serge wrote:GTH
- Town that I'm confident with are only Sloonei and SVS
- Other townies I have no previous recollection that they came across as scum
- Most of the scum I have no reads on, or are inactive
- I round off everything else as scum
Maybe it'd be easier to understand your reads if you attempted to describe some of them. I know they're gut reads, but you could still try to talk about what inspired them somehow. For example, you gave a "mafia" read on Black Rock, Turnip Head, and thellama73. These were all relatively unique choices. Why do you think you did that?
Serge wrote:Also isn't it obvious that my GTH reads as scum to town when all is said done? If I realized that, wouldn't I have at least easily put one name in the last group as scum?
Sorry but I'm not sure what you mean here. Could you try to reword this statement?

I have no clue how GTHs work. If you ensnared me, then cool beans.[/quote]
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Serge wrote:I don't know who you are Prisoner but you're awesome. Stay awesome, Prisoner.
Thanks, Serge! You seem like a swell fellow too. :beer:
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Okay, here's a chart of the results from the GTH exercise:
Spoiler: show
Some of my immediate thoughts:

~ I have performed this exercise a decent number of times now, and one thing I have found is that the players who give the most town reads have been more likely to flip mafia than other participants. In this exercise, that would reflect poorly on Quin. It isn't a sure thing, and the sample size is still limited, but this has been the trend I have observed. Quins baddie reads were: Black Rock, ika, Serge, and Nerolunar. While I can on some level understand why someone might feel this way about these players, it strikes me as a bit uninspired for those to be the only four names that Quin's gut was willing to spit out "mafia" for.

~ There always seems to be at least one person who is incredibly paranoid. In this case that looks like it would be Serge (I was also more paranoid than usual and need to reassess some of those M's clearly). This has been a mixed bag in this exercise. I've seen baddies do this to limit their connectivity to their team mates (by obscuring everything under a blanket of baddie reads). I've also seen townies who are just legitimately paranoid. In Serge's case though, I do note that he piled on the baddie reads early in the exercise (8 of the first 9, 9 of the first 11), and after that he leveled off with town reads. This might suggest that he realized his reads ratio had gotten ridiculous, and he had to balance the equation for it to make any sense -- which would be a sign of insincerity.
Do you not think using inactives in a GTH reading would compromise your thinking? Would your thinking change had you not included boomslang, Draconus and serge?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Quin wrote:Do you not think using inactives in a GTH reading would compromise your thinking? Would your thinking change had you not included boomslang, Draconus and serge?
I'm not sure I follow. I've never performed this exercise without including every single living player, so this isn't something that has occurred to me. I don't think my thinking would change though, since all of those players have enough content to be judged at the gut level. They're not megalurkers with nothing but 2 posts on Day 0 or something.
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 339

Post by ika »

Quin wrote:[

Do you not think using inactives in a GTH reading would compromise your thinking? Would your thinking change had you not included boomslang, Draconus and serge?
how does it compermise it?
Serge
The Mark

Post by Serge »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Serge wrote:Or, your grouping produced my reads. I'm not saying your grouping isn't planned. Is it?
Ideally it would be completely randomized, but I didn't have time to set that up without risk of mistakes. This was "randomized", operating in a unique pattern that only I knew. I guess that put me at a technical advantage, but that's inherent to whoever runs the thing anyway.
Serge wrote:GTH
- Town that I'm confident with are only Sloonei and SVS
- Other townies I have no previous recollection that they came across as scum
- Most of the scum I have no reads on, or are inactive
- I round off everything else as scum
Maybe it'd be easier to understand your reads if you attempted to describe some of them. I know they're gut reads, but you could still try to talk about what inspired them somehow. For example, you gave a "mafia" read on Black Rock, Turnip Head, and thellama73. These were all relatively unique choices. Why do you think you did that?
Serge wrote:Also isn't it obvious that my GTH reads as scum to town when all is said done? If I realized that, wouldn't I have at least easily put one name in the last group as scum?
Sorry but I'm not sure what you mean here. Could you try to reword this statement?

I have no clue how GTHs work. If you ensnared me, then cool beans.
[/quote]Black Rock is completely null to me. thellama73 only reminds me of his "this game is hard for cops to win" case. Turnip Head in his antics in the CFD. You said no null or neutral reads. I also saw no "leaning" reads from the other players.

I realized that paragraph was poorly worded as I typed it. What I meant was that my votes were really obviously scum-wheeled and town-carted. Scums on the front, townies on the back. If I realized it was so, I could have easily just put one or two scum reads in the final group and my votes would appear to be fully rounded. It could have easily been done because the last group had four names in it.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:EPIGNOSIS
Top bloke good egg or some shit.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Arkham just ended tonight, so I have not been on top of my Warden hunt. I started, but I don't know enough people's time zones to make that a fruitful pursuit. It ended up with a lot of "Yeah, could be him."

So meh.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Silverwolf and ika both voting together now. Cute.

I'm going to bed.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 275

Post by sig »

7 to 1 that is pretty good. Only SVS is being mean to me. :P

So the cops killed someone. That isn't very good. However, Fuzz cop is dead again which is a plus for us as well as our prison buddies.
So guess I was wrong about Golden, this means I'm most likely wrong about Sloonie also. I need some time to think on things. However, I do find it very strange that Ika and Silver are voting together considering Silver thinks Ika is scummy.

Right this second I think Nero or Chain are bad. If one is the other is civ. I still have some doubts on Sloonie. Besides that I'm not sure. I did think Ika was a good lynch choice yesterday.
ImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Preliminary Boomslang vote before I get started on other things today.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

sig wrote:7 to 1 that is pretty good. Only SVS is being mean to me. :P

So the cops killed someone. That isn't very good. However, Fuzz cop is dead again which is a plus for us as well as our prison buddies.
So guess I was wrong about Golden, this means I'm most likely wrong about Sloonie also. I need some time to think on things. However, I do find it very strange that Ika and Silver are voting together considering Silver thinks Ika is scummy.

Right this second I think Nero or Chain are bad. If one is the other is civ. I still have some doubts on Sloonie. Besides that I'm not sure. I did think Ika was a good lynch choice yesterday.
I think its more 'ika is just going to vote whoever Silver votes' as opposed to a coordinated plan to vote together
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei I town read you now. Please be my friend.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Quin wrote:

I think its more 'ika is just going to vote whoever Silver votes' as opposed to a coordinated plan to vote together
But silver voted after ika... :ponder:

Also, before I forget. Quin.

I'm convinced you are bad, and I'm sure you're convinced I am too, and I'm actually not sure you will ever get lynched, but I'll keep putting it out there. Boom seems to be a popular option and I see no reason I might change my vote to him sometime today. I've never really talked about him, and did put him out of my mind after Enrique left, but I do see the case behind him.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote:
Quin wrote:

But silver voted after ika... :ponder:

Also, before I forget. Quin.

I'm convinced you are bad, and I'm sure you're convinced I am too, and I'm actually not sure you will ever get lynched, but I'll keep putting it out there. Boom seems to be a popular option and I see no reason I might change my vote to him sometime today. I've never really talked about him, and did put him out of my mind after Enrique left, but I do see the case behind him.
Yeah, but Silver's been talking about going after inactives since Day 3 or something. I recall her saying she was going to go after Draconus too. I dunno. It's another interpretation.

I am absolutely shocked I am still alive at this point. Usually when people want me lynched this badly I'll be dead then and there. :shrug:

I'll retaliate with a vote for Scotty. I'd also take to an ika vote, or else if a Nero vote comes along I wouldn't be opposed.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Serge, soneji, and Sloonei peeking in here and not touching my exercise.
I would have loved to, but I was just having a peek at the night results while at work.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:Sloonei I town read you now. Please be my friend.
Quin
(in the friendship poll)
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm gonna shower and then get on my laptop and give some late GTH reads. I know a key component of the exercise is havig everyone be there in the moment, but you have my word as a gentlesloon that I'll give these reads as gun-to-headily as possible.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

~SLOONEI'S GUN-TO-HEAD EXTRAVAGANZA!~
BLACK ROCK -- Town

TURNIP HEAD -- Scum

BOOMSLANG -- Scum

THELLAMA73 -- Town

CHAINDEATH -- Town

SONEJI -- Town

DRACONUS -- Town

SLOONEI - Handsome, charming

EPIGNOSIS -- Scum

SILVERWOLF -- Town

IKA -- Town

SIG -- Town :shrug2:

SERGE -- Scum

NEROLUNAR -- Town

INDIGLO -- Town

S~V~S --- Town

PRISONER 509378 -- Town

QUIN -- Scum

SCOTTY -- Town
Serge and Ika were the two that gave me the most pause.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

It's Day 6 and you people still haven't learned to cast your votes immediately? LET'S GO PEOPLE, I want to see everyone voting for their top suspect when I wake up tomorrow morning. Especially you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Serge
The Mark

Post by Serge »

I am on a trip for two days starting tomorrow. I won't be here when everyone lynches me.

Good luck!
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 126

Post by Matt »

Thanks hosts! Good luck town!
Image Image Image Image
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Yo Quin, we were having a discussion man.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

wut?
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Quin wrote:wut?
Talk to me more about your assertion that the inclusion of low-content players could compromise the GTH exercise.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Talk to me more about your assertion that the inclusion of low-content players could compromise the GTH exercise.
Lack of content means there's basically no basis to form an opinion. Maybe where you come from it's more appreciated, but I don't like the idea of making black and white decisions for players I can't size up. Seems counterproductive to me.
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Quin wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Lack of content means there's basically no basis to form an opinion. Maybe where you come from it's more appreciated, but I don't like the idea of making black and white decisions for players I can't size up. Seems counterproductive to me.
You don't think those players have enough content to be judged at all beyond a default read?
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 339

Post by ika »

Quin wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Well, if it was day 1 or 2 i could understand. On day 6? ya no, you can get a read on them by then, if they are still lurking and doing nothing you lynch them
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
You don't think those players have enough content to be judged at all beyond a default read?
No, I don't.

and ika, I'm not against lynching them for inactivity. It's not like they're doing anything for us anyway.
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Quin wrote:No, I don't.

and ika, I'm not against lynching them for inactivity. It's not like they're doing anything for us anyway.
I think that's bunk. There's enough there to read all of them if you have an interest in trying. And if they're town, they're doing plenty for us by maintaining a manageable ratio, one that would be compromised with their lynches.
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 168

Post by Nerolunar »

That GTH exercise you guys did earlier was really interesting to read, and I am going to make one for myself too now. I don´t understand why so many of you find me scummy though, but to be honest Im not really scared. I guess I haven´t been investing that much effort in to this game(haven´t really done ISOs and such) and I understand why that might seem scummy to you. However, I believe that there are objectively worse looking players at the moment, and I want to lynch Sig this round. I believe that he is indeed scum, and has recently found his footing so he can continue to slip away of lynches. I say we lynch Sig once and for all.
Black rock - town

Boomslang - scum

Chaindeath - scum

Draconus - scum

Epignosis - town

Ika - town

Indiglo - town

Nerolunar - town :cloud9: :beer:

Prisoner 509 - town

Quin - scum

SVS - town

Scotty - town

Serge - town

Sig - scum

Silverwolf - town

Sloonei - town

Thellama - town

Turnip Head - town
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

EBWOP

The spoiler should be readable now
Black rock - town

Boomslang - scum

Chaindeath - scum

Draconus - scum

Epignosis - town

Ika - town

Indiglo - town

Prisoner 509 - town

Quin - scum

SVS - town

Scotty - town

Serge - town

Sig - scum

Silverwolf - town

Sloonei - town

Thellama - town

Turnip Head - town
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

It is still not readable. :doh:
ImageImage

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Nero (and everyone else), when you use the spoiler tag, make sure you "quote" tag it first, otherwise it'll be impossible to see on the default background.

I added quote tags for you here, Nero:

Nerolunar wrote:EBWOP

The spoiler should be readable now
Black rock - town

Boomslang - scum

Chaindeath - scum

Draconus - scum

Epignosis - town

Ika - town

Indiglo - town

Prisoner 509 - town

Quin - scum

SVS - town

Scotty - town

Serge - town

Sig - scum

Silverwolf - town

Sloonei - town

Thellama - town

Turnip Head - town
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Thanks.
ImageImage

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Nerolunar wrote:Thanks.
:beer:
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 347

Post by Silverwolf »

No one should be surprised I'm voting for Draconus as I have already said I was going to push him right away today. If ika also votes for him, not much I can do about that.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Silverwolf wrote:No one should be surprised I'm voting for Draconus as I have already said I was going to push him right away today. If ika also votes for him, not much I can do about that.
Since you know ika better than anyone else, I'm just going ask you for one thing: please rate your level of certainty about him being a bad guy on a scale of 1-10. 1 is most uncertain, 10 is most certain.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

I am going back to my Quin vote. I would be equally happy with Boomrique, though. I think both had abysmal reactions to the Fuzz wagon. Quins reactions to suspicion have also gotten my eye.

*Cue Quin making tunnel remark

I have an open mind to whatever develops, but for now, I have never stopped thinking he was bad.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [NIGHT 4] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Tangrowth »

Hey all! I forgot to remind you about the Loan Shark, but remember that they will always be offering votes all the time. Each Night/Day cycle is attributable to that Day's lynch.

MovingPictures07 wrote:Host Announcement:

The Loan Shark for The Sockfaced Famiglia is now accepting offers for Day 6 votes.

The Loan Shark for The Daisy Crime Syndicate is now accepting offers for Day 6 votes.

Instructions:
1) PM Sockface Loan Shark or Daisy Loan Shark and request the number of votes (either 1, 2, or 3) you would like to request. You may request votes starting now up until the end of Day 6.
2) The Loan Shark will then return your PM telling you only if he has confirmed your request. If he has denied your request, you will hear nothing.
3) If he has confirmed your request, you will receive the number of extra votes to be cast in secret only for Day 6. If you do not elect to use them during Day 6 by PMing your host, your extra votes will vanish.
4) Regardless of whether you used your votes, after Day 6's completion, the Loan Shark will then tell you the terms for payment, which you must complete.

Do NOT engage in BTSC to the Loan Shark sockpuppet accounts. The Loan Shark means business only. He doesn't want to hear about your bullsuit.

If you have questions, let your host know.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:No one should be surprised I'm voting for Draconus as I have already said I was going to push him right away today. If ika also votes for him, not much I can do about that.
Since you know ika better than anyone else, I'm just going ask you for one thing: please rate your level of certainty about him being a bad guy on a scale of 1-10. 1 is most uncertain, 10 is most certain.
About a 7 because he is playing to his scum meta by buddying me and discrediting me when I question it. He also lacked any sort of paranoia towards me and never really got angry/passionate about me questioning him-in other words-very passive for his town game.

However, I do think his pushing of Radical Fuzz with Radical Fuzz's vote on him gives me pause, despite the fact he does bus as scum. A few of his posts also look like he's thinking similar to me-going after inactives, etc. While this could be scum or town, when someone has a similar thought process to me when I'm town, it does make me lean town on them.

So yeah, I think he's scum but am obviously torn on it.

I'm gonna ISO and case Draconus when I get a chance sometime today.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Epi and Sig-Everyone that has come into this thread has been willing to give GTH reads except for you two.

Is this somethng you are willing to do and if not, why not?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Quin wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
No, I don't.

You're not against lynching them, but you oppose giving a read on them?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Serge wrote:I am on a trip for two days starting tomorrow. I won't be here when everyone lynches me.

Good luck!
So defeatist! You don't even have a vote yet, my man. btw your name always reminds me of Lt. Serge from Pokemon. I like to give people faces to the name and I always imagine you as a smirking man with a pointed noise and frosted tips. Where as Epignosis I imagine is a gruff ruffian of a man with one eye bigger than the other and a habitual chewer of his inner cheek
S~V~S wrote:I am going back to my Quin vote. I would be equally happy with Boomrique, though. I think both had abysmal reactions to the Fuzz wagon. Quins reactions to suspicion have also gotten my eye.

*Cue Quin making tunnel remark

I have an open mind to whatever develops, but for now, I have never stopped thinking he was bad.
I almost feel like we are the same person sometimes this game with reads. I don't know if I should find you suspicious for that, or my long lost sister. You're not. She's 10.
Yes, but don't you find it at least slightly disconcerting that someone you suspect at a 7/10 in scumminess voted for the same person? I know I would pause. Even if you use the buddying argument- if ika is bad- you are inadvertently agreeing with scum and he is either bussing a teammate early or throwing a civ under the bus. Ya dig, silver?

Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Scotty what do you picture me as?
ImageImage

Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Scotty wrote:
Yes, but don't you find it at least slightly disconcerting that someone you suspect at a 7/10 in scumminess voted for the same person? I know I would pause. Even if you use the buddying argument- if ika is bad- you are inadvertently agreeing with scum and he is either bussing a teammate early or throwing a civ under the bus. Ya dig, silver?
Yes and I'm going with buddying and bussing a teammate. Yes, he would do this as scum.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Post by S~V~S »

But you're MORE sure Draconus is bad?
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I'm reviewing my baddie reads to sort out which ones are founded and which ones are paranoia.

I started with Epignosis.

I no longer suspect Epignosis.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Nerolunar wrote:Scotty what do you picture me as?
a pale-white, roundish fellow with a bald spot and a cape

Return to “Previous Jobs”