[END] Bioshock Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

You and Bioshock: Which have you played and would you be interested in my upcoming sequel?

Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
43%
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
I have played neither - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
7%
I have played neither - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Sockface only - Of course I have played both and am interested, and I will be hosting a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
21%

Total votes: 14
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: [DAY 2] Bioshock Mafia

Post by Mongoose »

Nevinera wrote:
Bullzeye wrote: Honestly Lizzy's behaviour here compared to TTTE makes me think she might not be bad. In our btsc she was really careful about what she was saying, often checking with the rest of the team as to what was or wasn't a good idea and constantly trying to make sure people didn't find any hint of bad with her. I could be wrong, the win could have gone to her head and given her the confidence to completely change her style but from what I know bad Lizzy is way more careful than this Lizzy.

I fully agree. She was kind of more absent in that game though - the carefulness may have been because she didn't have the time to pay full attention to the events in the thread.
Overall, her kind of antics aren't very effective at accomplishing any particular objectives, so I'm not going to worry about her for a while yet.
DharmaHelper wrote:@Nev Yeah that's one thing I don't think I included in my big post that pinged me also. Bea's post seemed as you said, forced. In my mafia experience I've caught more than my fair share of baddies making such insincere posts. I will be interested to see bea's defense and her response now that she's further under the microscope.

I have committed that error myself, in my only baddie game, and Viper smacked the crap out of me for it :-)

Maybe she has seemed insincere, but she definitely hasn't been defensive. I guess it's easy enough not to write yourself as defensive, but I think it would naturally leak out here or there. I agree with DH about giving her the benefit of the doubt though if she is ailing. Doesn't mean she's not a baddie though, as my vote today will support.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

[

Lizzy wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I think Lizzy is probably innocent and I will defend her to my last breath.
omgomgogngh :hugs: I will defend you with my life as well k innocent or guilty :hugs:
:eye:[/quote]

Simply pointing out Aces pretty much has the same opinion as me. Look at me everyone. I'm just saying that. This Dom guy seems a bit desperate to be honest. I actually think Aces is civ too and won't vote for him for sharing my opinion.

And how was I bringing attention on you subtly actually? Bit paranoid. You credit me with far too much savvy.[/quote]

Just wanted to bring this up, because it had been bothering me for awhile. Snow Dog says he thinks I am a Civ, and that *he* wouldn't vote for me. But in those other other quotes about he very strongly deflects suspicion put on him onto me. He also directly suggest people vote for me. That bothers me.

He's also voted for Lizzy for the past two days. To me that seems like a throwaway vote, so he doesn't have to be responsible for whoever gets lynched. He's peaked my interest. I just wanted to know what anyone else thought of this, or of Snow Dog in general.

3[/quote]

I only think you are civ due to lack of evidence. I won't vote for you for your comment about that chap that got NKed. But if there is other evidence I might. I never tried to deflect suspicion onto you. Just defending my opinion by showing I wasn't alone. I never suggested people vote for you. Where is that written?

Lizzy isn't a throwaway vote, I believe she is bad and I am sticking to that. I also didn't join the llama vote.

1[/quote]

Same here on both the Lizzy vote and not voting for llama. Although I guess I couldn't vote for both of them anyway. Part of it with Lizzy (in my book) is just an inarticulatable hunch). As far as Snow Dog is concerned, he has not set off an alarm for me in this game so far.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 109

Re: [NIGHT 3] Bioshock Mafia

Post by DharmaHelper »

I applaud your efforts there Mongoose. I am however concerned that your reach has exceeded your grasp in terms of triple postage. Maybe go back and re read the rules of the contest. I again urge bea and boo to hop on here ASAP and defend themselves.

our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Crap, by double post, I thought he meant posting the exact same thing twice and counting it as one.

This event is rather insidious.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 109

Post by DharmaHelper »

Well Mongoose the good news here is that you probably will not get killed off for breaking any rules. There is no way MP, a gentle and kind host, would ever mercilessly slaughter his players. I'm just not seeing that. And believe me, I know MP.

Also, I wouldn't mind putting FH under the microscope for a bit. She was a Dex voter and a llama voter, and while I think the cases for Ace/Llama voters are stronger I can't help but think turning over every stone would be better in this case.

our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Nevinera »

DharmaHelper wrote:I applaud your efforts there Mongoose. I am however concerned that your reach has exceeded your grasp in terms of triple postage. Maybe go back and re read the rules of the contest. I again urge bea and boo to hop on here ASAP and defend themselves.

I am unlikely to be moved by any defense other than a very solid offense. I value actions far and away more than words, for obvious reasons.. But I too am interested in hearing from her again - everything she says sounds incriminating to me :)

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

EBWOP: What I meant to say is, "posting the exact same thing twice and counting it as two separate posts for tallying purposes."
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Mongoose wrote:
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote: I have not currently considered that possibility, though in all fairness, nobody has made a particularly educated case against anyone with that criteria (too late to save bwt, so X threw him under the bus). If someone did do that I would take that case into consideration. And considering the trend of the thread at the minute I think alot more cases and educated posts are about to crop up. I take full credit.

BWT's voters are indiglo (5), Elohcin (10), Spacedaisy (11), Epignosis (15), AceofSpaces (17), nutella (28), LittleTiger (29), DFaraday (32). I'm not sure there was actually a point where BWT was unsaveable looking at the voters, DF was the final one and he broke the tie between BWT and Ace, guaranteeing that BWT would die. While that makes me think DF probably isn't BWT's teammate it doesn't seem to do much else unless I'm missing something obvious among those voters.

DF is probably not BWT's teammate, but let's look at the waves of voting. This wasn't one huge landslide of late voters (just three: nutella, LT and DF) but then there was a middle wave of voters all strung together too (Elo, Spacedaisy, Epi and Ace). I'm more interested in the proximity of those votes.

I'd look at early ones too. I think him defending BWT is a very easy thing to take advantage of and turn people against him with. The baddies realized that and hopped on him.

Like sacrificing one baddie for the survival of all? I guess that seems plausible this early in the game. LT was already killed off out of those three, so are only left with two late voters.

Woops, I was thinking of llama votes for that comment! Haha sorry about that. I'm not sure about the idea of sacrificing like that. I haven't seen it myself. However I do stand by the fact people who led the thing on llama should be eyes a bit.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Mongoose wrote:Crap, by double post, I thought he meant posting the exact same thing twice and counting it as one.

Sorry, I didn't realize that wasn't totally clear, but I get how especially a mafia newbie could misread that. I feel bad, so go ahead and start your next post at 8 (instead of 9). It should be 7 (and maybe even worse with a punishment), but I don't want to punish you for misinterpreting what a "double post" meant.

It should be clear now to everyone though, so no other exceptions. Also, if you or any other participant has any questions about these rules, let me know.

I won't be so nice next time. :feb:

DharmaHelper wrote:There is no way MP, a gentle and kind host, would ever mercilessly slaughter his players. I'm just not seeing that. And believe me, I know MP.
:feb:
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Crap, by double post, I thought he meant posting the exact same thing twice and counting it as one.

Sorry, I didn't realize that wasn't totally clear, but I get how especially a mafia newbie could misread that. I feel bad, but go ahead and start your next post at 8 (instead of 9). It should be 7 (and maybe even worse with a punishment), but I don't want to punish you for misinterpreting what a "double post" meant.

It should be clear now to everyone though, so no other exceptions. Also, if you or any other participant has any questions about these rules, let me know.

Okay, boss. I do appreciate the clemency.

DharmaHelper wrote:There is no way MP, a gentle and kind host, would ever mercilessly slaughter his players. I'm just not seeing that. And believe me, I know MP.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Vompatti »

I told you llama was good.

When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Mongoose wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Sorry, I didn't realize that wasn't totally clear, but I get how especially a mafia newbie could misread that. I feel bad, but go ahead and start your next post at 8 (instead of 9). It should be 7 (and maybe even worse with a punishment), but I don't want to punish you for misinterpreting what a "double post" meant.

Okay, boss. I do appreciate the clemency.

And I wanted to correct my earlier typo and state that this is the best event I've ever been a part of and I hope it lasts forever and ever.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Hedgeowl »

Well this event is certainly driving the conversation along. If it didn't just take me 20 minutes to read everything I might have more time to contribute. It seems that every angle will be covered many times over, so I'll be interested to see where it winds up.

I don't want to lynch bea, becuase I've found some of her posts helpful, but an interesting case is building against her. I have my list of suspects, but some interesting ideas are cropping up with all this discussion. As for the Ace and boo back and forth I still find Ace the suspicious one from reading posts, but vote patterns are important. However, BWT only has two teammates and one cant be killed unless AR is gone, so they cant all be on his team.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Vompatti wrote:I told you llama was good.

Dude I think maybe that's not 3 sentences, but you should confirm with the others.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I sound clueless and wishy-washy - because for lots of this - I am. I'm not pretending anything. Do you really think I like having next to no clue about anything?

"Sounding forced" is hard to defend against. I mean, how does one not sound forced? Would it have been better if I threw in a smiley or something? I mean, I over reacted in the Sawyer game and that made me bad, I under react in this game and that makes me bad. I'm a civ. If you all really want to waste time with lynching me then please do it quickly so you can move on and find some real baddies.

Here's where my head was during today's lynch. Wasn't voting llama - I believe I said as much last night when I was posting, I had the gut vibe that he was civ and mistaken about Teefies. I was seriously considering throwing a vote on GOB and had he not started posting, that's totally where my vote was going. But he did, so I am refraining on GOB till I can get a better read on him.

I totally don't see the case on Lizzy outside of "she plays weird." So, no vote there. I really would love if anyone can sum up the case on lizzy tbh. Cuz I'm just not seeing it. At least with the Vomp is weird case there was some linking going on to the thread stuffs, the one on lizzy seems soley based on a game I didn't play or follow and her being "weird."

I'm a civ so I'm not voting myself.

DH raised a good point about Bullz so that's what I went with. Why bullz and not boo? Because DH himself thought that of all the people he researched, bullz was the most suspicious. Or by "favorite" did you just mean something else?

I'm sorry I couldn't say all that when I actually voted. I thought the phrase "At work and on my phone" would be explanation enough about why the post was short and sweet. For those of you who don't know. I work in a pizza shop. We have no interents - I can only do it on the phone (which lets face it - we all can agree is kinda a PITA.) But more importantly, I can only access my phone during my smoke breaks which doesn't give me a lot of time for saying what's on my mind. The nature of my job, being that it's food service is that work is usually a "black out" time for me. I was doing what I could under my particular specific restrictions.

I don't want to sound angry - and I'm worried that I might sound that way. I'm not angry, just frustrated. It's a totally good kind of frustrated. This game has been very much a "back to basics" game for me. I know nothing about the subject mater and I'm really a not so powerful civ. I'm as close to vanilla as you can be this game. I get why people are saying and thinking what they are, I just don't think that anything I do or say will change the people who are determined to see me as bad's minds.

Also - I meant to mention this before too - LA - very nice catch about the Boats catch-up. I agree he's definitely worth looking into the next time around.

linki - sorry I wasn't fast enough for you DH. I'm doing the best I can...

linki- linki- you know - if you keep posting this will keep sitting in limbo...
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Mongoose wrote:

Dude I think maybe that's not 3 sentences, but you should confirm with the others.
Oh, I think you may be right. :sigh:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

bea wrote:I sound clueless and wishy-washy - because for lots of this - I am. I'm not pretending anything. Do you really think I like having next to no clue about anything?

"Sounding forced" is hard to defend against. I mean, how does one not sound forced? Would it have been better if I threw in a smiley or something? I mean, I over reacted in the Sawyer game and that made me bad, I under react in this game and that makes me bad. I'm a civ. If you all really want to waste time with lynching me then please do it quickly so you can move on and find some real baddies.

Here's where my head was during today's lynch. Wasn't voting llama - I believe I said as much last night when I was posting, I had the gut vibe that he was civ and mistaken about Teefies. I was seriously considering throwing a vote on GOB and had he not started posting, that's totally where my vote was going. But he did, so I am refraining on GOB till I can get a better read on him.

I totally don't see the case on Lizzy outside of "she plays weird." So, no vote there. I really would love if anyone can sum up the case on lizzy tbh. Cuz I'm just not seeing it. At least with the Vomp is weird case there was some linking going on to the thread stuffs, the one on lizzy seems soley based on a game I didn't play or follow and her being "weird."

DH raised a good point about Bullz so that's what I went with. Why bullz and not boo? Because DH himself thought that of all the people he researched, bullz was the most suspicious. Or by "favorite" did you just mean something else?

I'm sorry I couldn't say all that when I actually voted. I thought the phrase "At work and on my phone" would be explanation enough about why the post was short and sweet. For those of you who don't know. I work in a pizza shop. We have no interents - I can only do it on the phone (which lets face it - we all can agree is kinda a PITA.) But more importantly, I can only access my phone during my smoke breaks which doesn't give me a lot of time for saying what's on my mind. The nature of my job, being that it's food service is that work is usually a "black out" time for me. I was doing what I could under my particular specific restrictions.

I don't want to sound angry - and I'm worried that I might sound that way. I'm not angry, just frustrated. It's a totally good kind of frustrated. This game has been very much a "back to basics" game for me. I know nothing about the subject mater and I'm really a not so powerful civ. I'm as close to vanilla as you can be this game. I get why people are saying and thinking what they are, I just don't think that anything I do or say will change the people who are determined to see me as bad's minds.

Also - I meant to mention this before too - LA - very nice catch about the Boats catch-up. I agree he's definitely worth looking into the next time around.

I'm glad you mentioned you access this from your phone. I wish I knew which players access this game from a cell phone or other personal mobile device. It could explain why someone isn't more talkative or why their posts seem truncated.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 5

Post by S~V~S »

DharmaHelper wrote: There is no way MP, a gentle and kind host, would ever mercilessly slaughter his players. I'm just not seeing that. And believe me, I know MP.
Remember Classic Rock, where he mod killed like 9 in one night, good times~ :D
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 85

Post by AceofSpaces »

So now that we all know you were right about llama, is there anyone specifically you are looking at? What are your thoughts on the people who voted for llama. You said your vote would be going to one of them. Do you have any idea which one?

bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Mongoose wrote:
bea wrote:I sound clueless and wishy-washy - because for lots of this - I am. I'm not pretending anything. Do you really think I like having next to no clue about anything?

I'm glad you mentioned you access this from your phone. I wish I knew which players access this game from a cell phone or other personal mobile device. It could explain why someone isn't more talkative or why their posts seem truncated.
I use both. I try to do the majority of my mafiaing here at home with the PC -(which I do share with my one true love and sometimes he actually requires it) - but when I'm on the go, yea - the phone's all I got. It's not as bad as the days when my *only* internet access was via the Crackberry with the broken return key (ahhh - I kinda miss that phone....) but it's close. Seems to me, no matter how they try to "improve" the mobile web experience, the more work it is.
S~V~S wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote: There is no way MP, a gentle and kind host, would ever mercilessly slaughter his players. I'm just not seeing that. And believe me, I know MP.
Remember Classic Rock, where he mod killed like 9 in one night, good times~ :D
I know DH didn't play it, but the presents was still the BEST example of Socky killing off like half the game for giggles. Also - santa hats suck.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Right there with you. I generally found the arguments against him weak and wifom-ey, and the timing of his bwt defense would have been terrible as a baddie. He's a smart guy, you can rely on him not to make that kind mistake.

boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 21
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

AceofSpaces wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:As I noted in my megapost, Bullz, boo offered an explanation for BwT's confusing post. One reason he might have done that would be to lend a hand to a team mate after a flub?

I've been suspicious of Boo for awhile. Mostly because of how threatened he seemed by my day one vote for him. It just didn't seem reasonable to me that he would instantly think I *had* to be bad, just because I voted for him day one.

As I have said, your D1 vote was not threatening.

Your D1 vote - with no explanation - caused me to vote for you.

Your continued sense of being to good to explain it - and acting like you did and using 'I felt like it' as a reason - was continued nonsense, which is why you also got me D2 vote.

The only reason I didn't vote for you D3 is because I had reached a thought on llama, came into the thread, and others were going the same way. It was wrong, sure, but it added up as far as I'm concerned, and therefore makes sense, unlike how you have played this entire game.

@Bullz, I looked for the post while coming back to this one after reading, didn't see it. But it's convenient for you to have signed up for the contest and be heavily posting, and having DH to buddy up to. The only difference between our votes is I went with Aces twice, and that on the D2 vote, I hadn't wildly moved around with who I might vote. Yours actually looked (looks) like a save attempt for BWT. Mine had something to back it up. The fact you're now jumping on something that you also fit into perfectly (while jokingly ignoring it) makes me think you'll be starting the next lynch at the top of my list, as you are far to willing to do what is easy and ignore what makes sense.

As for DH, I'd currently lean non-civvie, but probably not full on baddie. Cohen or team. I don't think he genuinely cares about results he gets in what he's throwing out, only putting things out there to keep it off of him and whoever he may be connected to (could also be a morally ambiguous, one of the potential sub group LMSing, like a splicer or bot, and is just looking to kill anyone he thinks could be in that group in the event he needs them all dead to win). He does not, however, seem full civvie to me. Nothing I'd go after for a lynch, but I also think I'll be taking everything he has to say with a great deal of doubt as a result.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

boo - since you are here - what are you thinking going into the next day? and if you are not one of those who talk at night, that's fine too.

I'm not sure I get your @ bullz post. IDK which post he made you were referring to but yes, it does seem convenient that he and DH could play up to each other while screaming for us to come in and defend while they are part of a posting contest. That said, IDK why DH would vote bullz then in his big hecka post of "these are the late Aces voters - there has to be a baddie in there" and then vote someone he was teammates with.

I'm more than curious to hear what Aces thinks about things now. IDK if I was right or wrong to vote you on Day 2. I thought Teefies was civ, I thought llama's defense of him made sense. I was right about llama and not about teefies. IDK what to make of you yet.

I still wish I could hear more from Dfaraday. He and I have played civ well together in the past, his lack of posting gives me the heebs tbh.

I'm also a bit worried about FH - I'm surprised she doesn't see me as civ here. I'm always wishy-washy when I'm not sure what's going on. You know the only time I'm confident in my vote is when I have info. Any other time, I don't know and I second guess everything like 3 times. You've had civ bts with me and have seen me second guess myself like 3 times and 6 more on sunday. I love you too, but you are making me a bit sketched out tbh.

also - rustie - what was it that made you vote lizzy? really. I think you might be civ and I don't understand the lizzy votes. same question for hedgeowl.

Also also - for anyone to comment on - has dom and snowdog talked about anything outside of dom and snowdog? with everything going on, I'd LOVE to hear their opinions on anything that is not ... you know...dom and snowdog....
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

RIP llama :(
Nevinera wrote:

Right there with you. I generally found the arguments against him weak and wifom-ey, and the timing of his bwt defense would have been terrible as a baddie. He's a smart guy, you can rely on him not to make that kind mistake.

I agree. I had been reading llama as civ the whole time, and there was a point during this lynch when I became uncertain, but I still wasn't surprised to see him turn up good :\

This event is ridiculous and I am so going to lose :( I just got home from work and there are already so many posts and it's overwhelming :| I feel way behind in the contest already and also I caught up pretty quickly so I didn't quite catch all the nuance of the Boo/Bullz/etc stuff. I should probably go back and read more closely but what's the general thread there?

I'm interested in looking at Epig as well, and of course Boats and Lizzy are at the top of my list still. I feel like Lizzy has been sort of a back-burner, perpetually-runner-up lynch candidate so far because several suspect her but every day something more major somehow comes up... interesting isn't it?? One of these days we should actually lynch her imo...

to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 85

Post by AceofSpaces »

Nevinera wrote:

llama defending BWT literally minutes before his lynch just would not have happened if he was a on the same team. I agree. That's what it made more sense for me to vote for Bullz.

As far as boo is concerned. I don't know what he wants me to say. If he is going to keep suspecting me for a day one vote, that is his problem. It's going to get him no where in this game, but whatever. Curious how now he suspects DH, now that DH has brought him up as a suspect.

If I could respond directly to bea, I'd tell her my thoughts have been posted all day. If she has any specific questions she should ask, and I'm sure I'd answer them.

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote:As I noted in my megapost, Bullz, boo offered an explanation for BwT's confusing post. One reason he might have done that would be to lend a hand to a team mate after a flub?

Ah yeah, that is interesting. And now I remember -- Boo, Bullz, and Bea were the "3 B's" of Aces voters aka possible BWT teammates. I'll keep an eye on them for sure -- maybe reread Boo and Bullz because I don't remember most of their posts (except I know Boo has been gunning for Aces since the unexplained d1 vote). Bea always just looks like Bea to me, I have no idea how to read her alignment so she could be tricking me.

to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

why can't you respond directly to me? and I'll go back and read them in the light of the morning...

I've admitedly - got everything today in pieces and chunks while I was at work. - My questions post the whole thing - was when I was home and at the pc. A re read would do me well I'm sure.

linkie - yea - LA - I look like bea to you because I am just :bea: doing what I can as blindly as I can. I'm not tricking anything. I've been more open and honest in this game than I have been in ages. There's a certain kind of freedom in being clueless. You can just sort of let it all hang out.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

nutella wrote:RIP llama :(
Nevinera wrote:

I agree. I had been reading llama as civ the whole time, and there was a point during this lynch when I became uncertain, but I still wasn't surprised to see him turn up good :\

This event is ridiculous and I am so going to lose :( I just got home from work and there are already so many posts and it's overwhelming :| I feel way behind in the contest already and also I caught up pretty quickly so I didn't quite catch all the nuance of the Boo/Bullz/etc stuff. I should probably go back and read more closely but what's the general thread there?

I'm interested in looking at Epig as well, and of course Boats and Lizzy are at the top of my list still. I feel like Lizzy has been sort of a back-burner, perpetually-runner-up lynch candidate so far because several suspect her but every day something more major somehow comes up... interesting isn't it?? One of these days we should actually lynch her imo...

also - I'm around for a bit if you want to bounce ideas off of me. :)

I hate to see an underdog die so easily in a posting contest... especially since I KNEW I couldn't participate in it. And - tbh, I think you might be a civ. So if I can help, I will...
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

see...here's the thing - is I keep seeing LA as being "around" but not posting. - which - given what aces said earlier about "if I could respond to bea, I'd say..." making me think that LA can't talk now. Because you know, I'm not in the posting contest so she has nothing new to contribute no matter what I say or want to do.

That feels unfair.

It seems then that the only time people will respond to those of us outside of the posting contest is when people in the posting contest are around to reply to.

It feels unfair because I would like to talk to LA now but my hands feel tied.

I hate my hands being tied when I specifically didn't sign up for a contest I knew I couldn't win.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

DP - I see you are around - you have lots of catsup to do. and I'll wait for it, but I'd like your imput as well.

I'd srrsly really love to hear what you think about things.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

and also daisy came and went in the forum - without talking.

:sigh:

no one wants to talk to me when I'm around and everyone wants to put words in my mouth when I'm not.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

*waves* hi DF - what are you thinking these days?
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by DFaraday »

bea wrote:*waves* hi DF - what are you thinking these days?
Hi Bea! Sorry to give you the heebs, crazy busy day (hence missing the vote). My thoughts as of now:

I strongly think Boats is bad given his obvious slip up. Along that same line, I'm leaning civ on Nutella.

FH is usually a helpful civ, so I'd like to hear her step up some more today.

I'm thinking Lizzy is probably just an odd civ right now. Not sure how I feel about Epi.

And you work at a pizza place too? I'm sorry. I'm so sorry.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

it's all good DF - I know how crazy days go. - I think I agree with all of what you are saying.

That said - I'm still undecided about Epi. I've only ever seen him be a baddie. The two games I played with him - I was his baddie teammate on one and I hosted his bad ass baddie self on the other. I think this is a different epi than I've seen in both those games. I think he might be civ here, but I'm not positive.

I'm not sure what to make of FH today.

I didn't know you shared my pain there as well. :hugs: I'm so so sorry as well. I truly think only we know our pain. This gig is food service like I've never seen before. I don't even have words to explain it. Hence my next week "week off" for job hunting. :noble: :srsnod:
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by DFaraday »

bea wrote:it's all good DF - I know how crazy days go. - I think I agree with all of what you are saying.

That said - I'm still undecided about Epi. I've only ever seen him be a baddie. The two games I played with him - I was his baddie teammate on one and I hosted his bad ass baddie self on the other. I think this is a different epi than I've seen in both those games. I think he might be civ here, but I'm not positive.

I'm not sure what to make of FH today.

I didn't know you shared my pain there as well. :hugs: I'm so so sorry as well. I truly think only we know our pain. This gig is food service like I've never seen before. I don't even have words to explain it. Hence my next week "week off" for job hunting. :noble: :srsnod:
I've only got another week or so left there, but I will definitely not miss it. At least the job confirmed for me that the food industry is not my path in life.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Dom »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:@Bullz I will concede that bea's fly by vote is suspicious and she has been incredibly aloof. Like I said in my megapost, her own posts are rather large but incredibly lacking in content. Is that a point you, or for that matter, anyone agrees with?

I do agree, hence my mentioning of her. She seems to waffle and frequently brought up how lost/confused she was. I suppose there's also the fact she's one of those Aces voters you like so much.

Speaking of Ace voters, running with the theory that those who voted Ace to save BWT also voted Thellama to discredit and perhaps embarrass Epignosis.

Epignosis (2), G.O.B. (3), boo (5), insertnamehere (6), Zany Dex (7), Ajira (9), Bullzeye (10), Devin the Omniscient (12), Matahari (15), Flyin' High (18), Elohcin (23), Dom (24)

Boo and yourself are (correct me if I am wrong) the only two who also voted for Aces. Although I haven't taken the time to sit down and dig into the Dex votes, so that too might bring some knowledge.

That's an interesting theory, I've never heard of someone voting a person to discredit somebody else before. Seems like a strange way of going about it. I don't know how to respond to that really other than to say that I wasn't really thinking of Epi when I voted Llama, I was thinking more of the likelihood of him being bad due to having spoken in defense of someone who was revealed to be a baddie. I'd probably have considered voting Llama today no matter who else was doing so. Does your assumption that people were trying to discredit Epi mean you think he's probably a civvie?

I could have probably worded that a bit clearer. What I mean is that the people who may have voted to save BWT (therefore being on BWT's team) Knew that Thellama was not in fact on their team, and because Epignosis had been given a very big boost in his cred after the BWT lynch, and given his exchanges with llama, it is my belief that the people who tried to save BWT also voted for thellama for a number of reasons

1) Easy vote
2) When llama flipped civvie, it would do a number on Epignosis' cred, knocking him down a peg and diminishing his believability in the thread. I.E "Well Epig I want to trust you but you were wrong about llama..."
DH, I like your theory on the two of them quite a bit. :)

And Bea, I am on the fence about you. But I don't remember baddie bea posting this much in a row. :p But hi! :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

You are pretty intimate with anything that could be associated as a "baddie bea" game - is that what you are seeing from me?

I'm on the fence about you too. tbh. I think we are both wise in being on the fence with each other tbh. I've not seen anything to make me immediately trust you and I know I've left a little to be desired as far as trust goes this game. I'm doing the best I can, I do at least promise you this, if you lynch me, you'll see then I was telling the truth. And you'll be sorry so much time was wasted on me.

I'm not even a good civ to get rid of from a baddie standpoint. I know little and I do little damage.
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Snow Dog »

DharmaHelper wrote:@SnowDog

Is there anything specific apart from Lizzy's Tank Engine win giving her confidence enough to goof off and get away with it that makes you think she is bad? I will admit she fooled me in Tank Engine but I am not seeing anything definitive so far in this game. Thank you for offering an explanation about your Aces comment btw.

I admit that her performance in that game may be clouding my judgement. In this game she is behaving more confidently imo so it isn't exactly the same. She almost seems to be goading us into voting her, dancing on the edge of the abyss. Is she daring us? Is she thinking we think she cannot possible be bad? For voting herself Is this her baddie behaviour?

I don't know. But it makes me nervous. I feel if I let it go she will be along for the entire game and turn up mafia at the end after convincing everyone she is good.

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:

Sorry, I didn't realize that wasn't totally clear, but I get how especially a mafia newbie could misread that. I feel bad, so go ahead and start your next post at 8 (instead of 9). It should be 7 (and maybe even worse with a punishment), but I don't want to punish you for misinterpreting what a "double post" meant.

So I can't catch up now and answer the many queries? Fuck. I'm out. I'll take my punishment.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I resign from this event. Do as you will.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

AceofSpaces wrote:

So now that we all know you were right about llama, is there anyone specifically you are looking at? What are your thoughts on the people who voted for llama. You said your vote would be going to one of them. Do you have any idea which one?

Well, I can't say for sure, but at the moment it strongly seems that my vote went to Dex. :ponder:

As for the other llama voters, I'm less suspicious of Epignosis than the others.

Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Bullzeye »

Vompatti wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:

Well, I can't say for sure, but at the moment it strongly seems that my vote went to Dex. :ponder:

As for the other llama voters, I'm less suspicious of Epignosis than the others.
So do you still want to lynch Dex then? Any particular reason other than his occasional strangeness? What is it about Epi that makes you less suspicious of him?
I sure wish someone would ask what I thought about Boo's comments toward me...

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Meh, Vomp isn't actually in the contest so that one doesn't count ¬_¬ The 1 at the bottom of the first quote in that pyramid confused me.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Oh what the hell....might as well keep trying. :mad:
Bullzeye wrote:

Is there anything specific apart from Lizzy's Tank Engine win giving her confidence enough to goof off and get away with it that makes you think she is bad? I will admit she fooled me in Tank Engine but I am not seeing anything definitive so far in this game. Thank you for offering an explanation about your Aces comment btw.

Honestly Lizzy's behaviour here compared to TTTE makes me think she might not be bad. In our btsc she was really careful about what she was saying, often checking with the rest of the team as to what was or wasn't a good idea and constantly trying to make sure people didn't find any hint of bad with her. I could be wrong, the win could have gone to her head and given her the confidence to completely change her style but from what I know bad Lizzy is way more careful than this Lizzy.

Ok obviously I wasn't aware of that. So thank you for that insight. This indeed does give me pause for thought. I'd hate to be totally on the wrong tack and get people to vote a civ. She is good at pulling the wool over one's eyes though and I feel if I let it go I'll be sorry.

Lizzy can you explain your reasoning on the self vote? (or did you alraedy do that?)

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Snow Dog wrote:Oh what the hell....might as well keep trying. :mad:
Bullzeye wrote:

Honestly Lizzy's behaviour here compared to TTTE makes me think she might not be bad. In our btsc she was really careful about what she was saying, often checking with the rest of the team as to what was or wasn't a good idea and constantly trying to make sure people didn't find any hint of bad with her. I could be wrong, the win could have gone to her head and given her the confidence to completely change her style but from what I know bad Lizzy is way more careful than this Lizzy.

Ok obviously I wasn't aware of that. So thank you for that insight. This indeed does give me pause for thought. I'd hate to be totally on the wrong tack and get people to vote a civ. She is good at pulling the wool over one's eyes though and I feel if I let it go I'll be sorry.

Lizzy can you explain your reasoning on the self vote? (or did you alraedy do that?)

She is definitely good at tricking people as TTTE showed. I could be one of those people, which is why I'm not saying she's definitely not a baddie just that I currently don't think she is based on past behaviour. By all means continue to hound her, nobody should really be exempt from discussion.

15 (still)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

@Bullzeye

Well I'm not as sold on Lizzy now. But I've let these things go in the past and regretted it.
What do you tthink about Boo's comments towards you?

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Bullzeye wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:

So do you still want to lynch Dex then? Any particular reason other than his occasional strangeness? What is it about Epi that makes you less suspicious of him?
I sure wish someone would ask what I thought about Boo's comments toward me...

Yes. No. I don't know. To be honest I could lynch any of the llama voters (excluding Epig) but it would be like tossing coin.

Image Image Image
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

nutella wrote:

Ah yeah, that is interesting. And now I remember -- Boo, Bullz, and Bea were the "3 B's" of Aces voters aka possible BWT teammates. I'll keep an eye on them for sure -- maybe reread Boo and Bullz because I don't remember most of their posts (except I know Boo has been gunning for Aces since the unexplained d1 vote). Bea always just looks like Bea to me, I have no idea how to read her alignment so she could be tricking me.

Well, but they can't all three be teammates, right? I thought that team only had three members?
They sure do all seem suspicious, though, huh..

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Snow Dog wrote:@Bullzeye

Well I'm not as sold on Lizzy now. But I've let these things go in the past and regretted it.
What do you tthink about Boo's comments towards you?

Fair enough. I won't go against you for following your gut unless I can see something else that makes you look bad. I can respect why you might not want to let go given how well she did in the last game.

I PM'ed this to MP but I'll post it here as well so everyone can see: @MP: Are posting contest participants strictly only allowed to address fellow participants or can we talk to non-participants and just not have those posts count toward the total? Like Bea said it's kinda hard for her to talk to the people accusing her of being bad if they're not able to directly talk back.

Anyway, my thoughts toward Boo are as follows:
First I don't see how it's convenient I'm in this contest. I didn't know what it was when I signed up only that there'd be prizes and if I'd known it was like this tbh I wouldn't have signed up but there's prizes for winning and punishments for losing so I'm sure as hell not gonna lose. As to DH, I've not buddied up to anyone he just happened to be talking a lot and I had things to say to him. Just because I know he's wrong about me doesn't mean I'm going to ignore everything else he says.

I didn't wildly move around who I wanted to vote, I brought up Dex and Ace as being suspicious for much the same reason and eventually arrived at the conclusion that an Aces vote would be best out of the two because Dex seemed to have some kind of motive for getting votes. I'm not ignoring that my vote looked/looks suspicious, I've defended against those comments but there's only so many times and so many ways I can say I wasn't trying to defend BWT before it just gets boring.

DH made good points about Boo and Bea, but Boo seems to be acting like that isn't the case. Boo also seems to be suggesting that I should be making a case against myself by saying "The fact you're now jumping on something that you also fit into perfectly (while jokingly ignoring it) makes me think you'll be starting the next lynch at the top of my list, as you are far to willing to do what is easy and ignore what makes sense". I answered the points made against me, so I haven't ignored anything. Like I said, just because DH is wrong about me doesn't make everything else he says wrong. I know I'm not BWT's teammate but other than that anyone could be.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

AceofSpaces wrote:

It's a Vompatti trap. he isn't in the event so you probs need to reduce your post count by one.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”