It's going to happen regardless...
30%

Total votes: 20
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 436

Re: [DAY 6] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by S~V~S »

In the interests of keeping it tight, I moved to Boomrique .
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Quin wrote:As I said, trust me or lynch me, and you've made your decision.
The current ratio in this game is 13 vs 5. That's not a nightmare with so much information available, but it is definitely not in town's favor either. Any mislynch from this point on will significantly decrease town's win-probability. So show me your fire, Quin. If you're town, then your lynch would be representative of a baddie team that has poisoned the thread against you. Imagine them sipping lemonade on a hot beach somewhere, watching this thread develop on their tablets between naps. That's what would be happening right now. Are you satisfied with that? Is that okay with you?

Are you not including yourself in this ratio? Should we not consider you a townie? Are you allowed to answer these questions?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm leaving in an hour and won't be around for any End of Day shenanigans. I'll probably be poking my pretty little nose in around the deadline to see what's up, but I don't expect to have to change my vote last minute again because it's currently on the player who's been my top suspect for the last couple of days. I think everyone should continue piling their votes on Boomslang.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Sloonei wrote:Are you allowed to answer these questions?
:shrug:
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

chaindeath on ika. Noted.
chaindeath
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 80

Post by chaindeath »

Can someone hook up chaidneath with a tldr of the day so far? He has classwork to do and not enough time to read through 400+ posts from the time he was away. To the direct accusations at him he would like to say if you lynch him you lynch a townie. There is no way to make this clearer that he knows of. He is going to vote Nero because he still thinks he's bad. All aboard the train hes going into a tunnel (or has been in one for a while).
With enough bullets, you can solve anything.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

chaindeath wrote:Can someone hook up chaidneath with a tldr of the day so far? He has classwork to do and not enough time to read through 400+ posts from the time he was away. To the direct accusations at him he would like to say if you lynch him you lynch a townie. There is no way to make this clearer that he knows of. He is going to vote Nero because he still thinks he's bad. All aboard the train hes going into a tunnel (or has been in one for a while).
You jumped off that pretty quick.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

chaindeath promptly moves vote. Noted.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

chaindeath wrote:Can someone hook up chaidneath with a tldr of the day so far? He has classwork to do and not enough time to read through 400+ posts from the time he was away. To the direct accusations at him he would like to say if you lynch him you lynch a townie. There is no way to make this clearer that he knows of. He is going to vote Nero because he still thinks he's bad. All aboard the train hes going into a tunnel (or has been in one for a while).
No one understands ika and he spent a good deal of time arguing against people who were defending him, but then he promised Silverwolf he's not bad or something, so he's probably not bad because that's just where we're at right now. Other people, however, think he's bad because just look at him, it's obvious he's bad!

Some of us are voting for Boomslang because we should have done this on Day 3. Then there's other options. Quin has some support. Nero doesn't. I'd like to be throwing names against the wall but I don't have time. I have to leave for work soon.

Hey, what does everyone else think of Nerolunar?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

If Boom is bad then so is chaindeath. That was transparent.

Be wary of shenanigans with votes up for grabs. The ika wagon looks like a mess to me and I feel better about not touching it.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I don't like that Epignosis has 3 votes. I don't like it one bit :suspish:

Sloonei is supatowning, which means he's either one of our most valuable assets or an undercover cop :ponder: Only time will tell I suppose. He defended his Nerolunar read really well, but I don't like that he's criticizing Epignosis for not agreeing with his read, as if Nero's civvieness is obvious.

I don't really know who I want to vote for. I'm not a fan of any of the major wagons but don't have strong baddie reads on anyone.
This post I don't like quite as much. For all his activity and prodding prior to this post, he's come up with no strong baddie reads anywhere? His little bit of shade-casting at me also feels uninspired, like he was just saying it for the sake of saying it. I don't remember him hinting at me being suspicious anywhere else, so either he dropped the thought or forgot it there. Or I overlooked/forgot something.
That reference to you was me thinking that if you're a cop we're never going to be able to lynch you. You were hardcore towning it up in the early game but I didn't tone read you as town if that makes sense. I've felt pretty good about you almost all game.
Sloonei wrote:There was still a lot going on in the thread during his absence, and he made a couple of posts implying that he was following along, but made no comments.
I don't remember why this was the case, I think I was just reading :shrug2:
Sloonei wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Oh sig. Sig sig sig, my dear boy.

I think you might be bad.
Turnip Head wrote:I think sig is town. It would have been easy for him to agree with the Fuzz suspicion if bad but he was thinking critically about the CFD and he was wrong. I don't want a witch hunt against the players who were against the CFD... but of them I think Luffy looks the worst for being against it but then jumping on it anyways, but he clearly put a lot of work into analyzing Golden's role in the events, so :shrug:
I'd like to know what prompted this change of opinion.
The first post was a kneejerk reaction to sig's role in the CFD. I reread him and felt better about his intentions.
Sloonei wrote:Here is an early post against Long Con. Days 3 and 4 are a big blur in my memory. I was not really present for most of those phases. I don't remember anything about how Long Con came to be lynched, but I do remember seeing this post at one time and feeling a vague sense of disagreement with it. I know that's meaningless now, but after Turnip has spent so much time defending many of the other main suspects in the thread, this kind of feels like a weak suspect to come up with.
Maybe it was weak but it was genuine. I couldn't understand LC's ambivalence towards a sig or Quin lynch from a townie perspective, and leading that lynch was an effort to save players I thought were town.
Sloonei wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Long Con is bad y'all
Turnip Head wrote:Sig get your butt on this LC wagon! :grin:
All that caution he's been displaying all game long has suddenly gone out the window. Turnip Head has turned into zebra and is just telling others to hop on his bandwagon.
Actually, if anything Zebra turned into me during that lynch :P I really felt this was the best course of action. Obviously I was wrong.
Sloonei wrote:I am not really sure where Turnip's thoughts are now. It would be cool if he could give us a rainbow or something. In this post he suggests he might vote for ika and also maybe suggests some degree of willingness about Boomslang? I'm not sure. There's a lot of uncertainty in Turnip Head's game at this point and I'd have an easier time reading him if he was having an easier time reading the thread.

I feel myself leaning more town on Turnip after this ISO than I was before, but not overwhelmingly so.
I don't know either, the more townies we lynch the less faith I have in any of my reads and I'm sort of just adrift right now. I made a rainbow list a while back, I'd say it mostly hasn't changed except I feel better about chaindeath and Epi now, and Matt 2.0 is dead, so my orange reads have pretty much evaporated :| I don't know what to do at this point.

I'd consider a vote for ika but I like a Boomslang lynch more atm.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

What has changed about ika? He was one of the players you were actively trying to not lynch earlier.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei wrote:What has changed about ika? He was one of the players you were actively trying to not lynch earlier.
Silverwolf's confidence and ika's subsequent reaction to that. I put a lot of stock into SO's being able to read each other's baddie games. I think I explained all this already...
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote:
Sloonei wrote:What has changed about ika? He was one of the players you were actively trying to not lynch earlier.
Silverwolf's confidence and ika's subsequent reaction to that. I put a lot of stock into SO's being able to read each other's baddie games. I think I explained all this already...
I suppose I just expected there to be more to it. I am not so immediately trustful of Silverwolf's ability to read ika.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
I suppose I just expected there to be more to it. I am not so immediately trustful of Silverwolf's ability to read ika.
I think you're interpreting my thoughts on ika to be stronger than they actually are :shrug: Frankly I have no idea how to read him. But if Silver thinks he's bad I think that's worth looking into.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
I think you're interpreting my thoughts on ika to be stronger than they actually are :shrug: Frankly I have no idea how to read him. But if Silver thinks he's bad I think that's worth looking into.
Would you be willing to give a full list of GTH reads? I think they can be helpful both to you and to those of us trying to read you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Black Rock - town
Boomslang - po-po
chaindeath - town
Draconus - fuzz
Epignosis - town
ika - pig
indiglo - town
Nerolunar - town
Prisoner 509378 - town
Quin - town
S~V~S - town
Scotty - town
Serge - I can't remember anything he's said
sig - town
Silverwolf - town
Sloonei - town
Soneji - town
thellama73 - town

You can see my dilemma. I'm clearly wrong about at least a few folks.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

And I don't think that was helpful at all to me. Now if I ever change my mind about someone I'll have to show all my work.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Why is Scotty a town read? You were suspicious of him early on but I never saw anything where you mentioned your opinion of him changing.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

What, if anything, would you say has been the source or cause of your general uncertainty in this game? How are you hoping to address this moving forward?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei wrote:Why is Scotty a town read? You were suspicious of him early on but I never saw anything where you mentioned your opinion of him changing.
See what I mean about being forced to explain myself lol... I don't always share my thought process unless I feel it is essential to do so. Scotty's recent posts, to me, feel like genuine attempts to solve the game. This was not a vibe I got from early game Scotty who just voted with little explanation. He's looking for connections and working through the logic of his suspicions, which makes me think he's okay.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei wrote:What, if anything, would you say has been the source or cause of your general uncertainty in this game? How are you hoping to address this moving forward?
What is this a job interview?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote:
Sloonei wrote:What, if anything, would you say has been the source or cause of your general uncertainty in this game? How are you hoping to address this moving forward?
I'm trying to synergize here, fellow employee! Cooperative work environment and such.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

Turnip Head wrote:
You should answer with how much of a perfectionist you are.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 140

Post by thellama73 »

What's going on with this Boomslang wagon? I thought we agreed on Quin?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

It's just very difficult to read you when so many of your posts are expressing a lack of conviction. I either have to press you for more answers or read you as scum. You only gave three scum reads in your GTH list and none of them were terribly inspiring. The prisoner says low scum totals on those lists has often been a sign of scumminess in the past, so I am intrigued. But I also have to leave for work now so I guess this interview is over. We'll let you know about our decision in a few days.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Turnip Head wrote:

What do you feel was your greatest accomplishment so far in this game?

What have you done in this game that you would do differently if you were given the chance?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

thellama73 wrote:What's going on with this Boomslang wagon? I thought we agreed on Quin?
We also agreed on Boomslang.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

@TH, that maybe should have been in green, lol.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

I think my uncertainty stems from the fact that no one is playing a "typical baddie game" here. In a one-mafia setting I expect the mafia to have trouble blending into such a talkative game. Unless all the cops are lurkers, they're are some town-looking players who are actually bad, and hell if I know who it is at this point. I think we need another cop lynch to break the game open; the Fuzz lynch happened to quickly to draw meaningful conclusions from it, IMO.

It's possible they're all lurkers though. I feel pretty good about Boomslang being bad at this point, and Draconus is worrying me too.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

thellama73 wrote:What's going on with this Boomslang wagon? I thought we agreed on Quin?
Boom's a better choice. Maybe Quin can be his running mate. Boomrique-Quin 2016
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei wrote:It's just very difficult to read you when so many of your posts are expressing a lack of conviction. I either have to press you for more answers or read you as scum. You only gave three scum reads in your GTH list and none of them were terribly inspiring. The prisoner says low scum totals on those lists has often been a sign of scumminess in the past, so I am intrigued. But I also have to leave for work now so I guess this interview is over. We'll let you know about our decision in a few days.
I know you're just trying to get a read on me, but my list is what it is. I agree it's not inspiring, but I'm town and that's what my list looks like at this point. Most of my suspects are dead (and already revealed to be town tbh), so criticizing the low scum total on my GTH reads is a bit harsh.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Turnip Head wrote:I think my uncertainty stems from the fact that no one is playing a "typical baddie game" here. In a one-mafia setting I expect the mafia to have trouble blending into such a talkative game. Unless all the cops are lurkers, they're are some town-looking players who are actually bad, and hell if I know who it is at this point. I think we need another cop lynch to break the game open; the Fuzz lynch happened to quickly to draw meaningful conclusions from it, IMO.

It's possible they're all lurkers though. I feel pretty good about Boomslang being bad at this point, and Draconus is worrying me too.
I encourage you to put a vote on Boomslang if you're feeling good about him. I should note that I'm definitely with you on this being a tough game to crack. Everything's kind of gone down hill since we lynched Fuzz. We've collectively been all over the place.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Sloonei wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I think my uncertainty stems from the fact that no one is playing a "typical baddie game" here. In a one-mafia setting I expect the mafia to have trouble blending into such a talkative game. Unless all the cops are lurkers, they're are some town-looking players who are actually bad, and hell if I know who it is at this point. I think we need another cop lynch to break the game open; the Fuzz lynch happened to quickly to draw meaningful conclusions from it, IMO.

I encourage you to put a vote on Boomslang if you're feeling good about him. I should note that I'm definitely with you on this being a tough game to crack. Everything's kind of gone down hill since we lynched Fuzz. We've collectively been all over the place.
I will vote when I damn well please :feb:
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Sloonei wrote:
We also agreed on Boomslang.
I didn't.

Why? What has he done wrong?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 275

Post by sig »

See I realllly dislike Ika's emotional post when he started getting votes. However, bloom is looking scummy and looking back I disliked Enrique
ImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Post by Turnip Head »

Okay, well now I get the feeling that Llama might have civ BTSC with Boom.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Turnip Head wrote:Okay, well now I get the feeling that Llama might have civ BTSC with Boom.
I am NOT implying that. I am just suspicion of sudden out-of-the-blue wagons.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I would not describe it as sudden or out of the blue. Enrique/Boomslang has been a prime target for a few days now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

The short version of the case is that Enrique did nothing while he was here except draw attention for one early unexplained vote, and then got mad and tried hard to resist the Fuzz lynch. Then Boomslang replaced him and has proceeded to do zilch as well.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable

Re: [DAY 5] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Turnip Head »

Well, Boomslang has 5 posts. Here are the most recent two of them:
Boomslang wrote:Complete honest here: with school, I don't have time to keep up with this thread. Voting *ika* based almost purely on gut and because I feel some of his defense posts have been more passive-aggressive than honestly civ.
Boomslang wrote:Save my butt, generate intel that's more useful to a wider swath of players. *votes ika*
Those look like different reasons even if they have the same result.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

thellama73 wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:Okay, well now I get the feeling that Llama might have civ BTSC with Boom.
They happen with vote changes. Boom's been a consensus suspect for days. The wagon is still pulling teeth too with all the creepers voting ika.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm off to work for the rest of the day. I emphatically endorse votes for Boomslang. I approve of votes for Quin. I shake compulsively and break out in a cold sweat at the very thought of ika.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 384

Post by indiglo »

thellama73 wrote:
I don't find it sudden or out of the blue. Enrique previously garnered a lot of talk, starting EoD 2. Then it cooled off. Now we're back to talking about him again.

Linki~ XD
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

The people voting Boom are so much easier to trust than those voting ika. This is easy IMO.
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 384

Post by indiglo »

Sloonei wrote:I'm off to work for the rest of the day. I emphatically endorse votes for Boomslang. I approve of votes for Quin. I shake compulsively and break out in a cold sweat at the very thought of ika.
This is pretty much where I'm at.

Though, I shake less compulsively, and more just because I want to. :doh:

Prisoner 509378 wrote:The people voting Boom are so much easier to trust than those voting ika. This is easy IMO.
Righto! In fact, both people who are being looked at today have jumped onto ika. Which, I mean, I understand self-preservation and what not... but still... you are saying truths. I'm feeling better and better about my Boom vote.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

RE: my compulsive shaking, I opposte ika's lynch today because I think we have more than one much better option. I have a slight town read on ika, but I can't pretend to be reading him with any certainty. But again, I don't think he's even close to being the best lynch option right now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Okay, those are all fair points. I am not convinced that "not posting a lot" is good evidence of baddieness, but at least I understand where you guys are coming from, and I was never too comfortable with lynching Ika anyway. Still, my vote stays on Quin.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I've been at work for an hour and one post has been made? Shaking my head disapprovingly at everyone.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:I've been at work for an hour and one post has been made? Shaking my head disapprovingly at everyone.
This tally is annoying me. I need an eyeball twitch emoticon.

Return to “Previous Jobs”