[END] Bioshock Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

You and Bioshock: Which have you played and would you be interested in my upcoming sequel?

Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
43%
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
I have played neither - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
7%
I have played neither - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Sockface only - Of course I have played both and am interested, and I will be hosting a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
21%

Total votes: 14
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 147

Re: [NIGHT 3] Bioshock Mafia

Post by Snow Dog »

^Damn I shoulda used tghree sentences and counted that.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Vompatti »

Snow Dog wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I told you llama was good.

So now that we all know you were right about llama, is there anyone specifically you are looking at? What are your thoughts on the people who voted for llama. You said your vote would be going to one of them. Do you have any idea which one?

It's a Vompatti trap. he isn't in the event so you probs need to reduce your post count by one.
I aplologgize if I have caused any confusino. I hionesty had no diea I'm not supposed to number my posts. :shrug:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Nevinera »

Snow Dog wrote: It's a Vompatti trap. he isn't in the event so you probs need to reduce your post count by one.
You're right, and he caught me too. I hope that doesn't hurt me, aside from not counting :-\
Well, I am down by one now.

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Nevinera wrote: You're right, and he caught me too. I hope that doesn't hurt me, aside from not counting :-\
Well, I am down by one now.

EBWOP - that should have been a 5.

(still 5)
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Vompatti wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:

So now that we all know you were right about llama, is there anyone specifically you are looking at? What are your thoughts on the people who voted for llama. You said your vote would be going to one of them. Do you have any idea which one?

It's a Vompatti trap. he isn't in the event so you probs need to reduce your post count by one.
I aplologgize if I have caused any confusino. I hionesty had no diea I'm not supposed to number my posts. :shrug:
:haha:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay, so I haven't quite caught up on posts just yet (and might not be able to until after work tonight, where I'm sure I'll be greeted with many more), but I received two questions regarding the event, so I want to clear them up here:

Q: Is "addressing" necessarily talking to one of those players, or can there just be a reference about one of them?

A: Your post would somehow have to fall under the category of what constitutes "addressing", so whether it's a direct aside, etc. Quoting is OK. I'm not sure a strict reference to them (like just talking about them, as if they aren't there) would work.

Q: Are we allowed to make posts talking to non-participants and they just don't count or are we only allowed to talk directly to other participants?

A: The former. You can still talk to non-participants, but if your post does not quote or address a participant, it won't go towards your counter.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote: So I can't catch up now and answer the many queries? Fuck. I'm out. I'll take my punishment.
I'm sorry; I'm not sure I fully understand your question and I didn't intend to cause any frustration with this.

As long as you address someone (like: MP, I think this and this and this...) or quote someone, if they are a participant, then you can say or address whoever else you want in the same post. OR you can still talk to other people in another post and NOT do any of that but it just won't count towards your total. But there is a way to circumvent it, sort of, and I'd be OK with that, as long as the "addressing" or "quoting" to a participant is still in effect in some way -- then you get to add 1 to your counter.

Hopefully that helps.

Gotta go to work now. Sorry if there are other questions or concerns. If there are, PM me and I'll see them right away when I get home.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Spacedaisy »

S~V~S wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote: There is no way MP, a gentle and kind host, would ever mercilessly slaughter his players. I'm just not seeing that. And believe me, I know MP.
Remember Classic Rock, where he mod killed like 9 in one night, good times~ :D
Other than for the fact that it was the game that brought MP and I together, I try to forget Classic Rock, lol.

Bea, I apologize for not posting last night. Quite frankly, posting contests tend to overwhelm me so I just get to skimming while they are going on in hopes of simply being able to keep up.

To everyone else, I could see Bea being looked at for the timing of her vote, but I have not seen anything I would regard as "forced" from her. To be quite frank I still suspect Mongoose of being on BWT's team more than anyone else. Vomp is a possibility I suppose, but just because BWT stated he did not find someone suspicious does ot mean they are on his team. I would expect him to be a bit more wishy washy about it if Vomps were on his team. Just my opinion though, obviously iwas wrong about Llama, so take it as you will. Now I need to go to work.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Lizzy »

Well, well, well... what do we have here? Firstly, thank you kindly for the nice words and for your appreciation of my past performance. :hugs: Secondly, :haha: thank you for giving me a short benefit of the doubt because of my current state of mind and not only. While my being f****d in the head (a type of falling-from-the-moon-and-landing-on-my-head thingy) is completely true, it has nothing to do with the above; therefore, there is no corelation between my posting style in this game and feeling like crap.

I have to admit that reading all the theories is extremely entertaining, so thanks for that. Snowy's paranoia in particular deserves a mention. You're second guessing again. Remember what happened last time(s). :p So while all of them are interesting and might have a point, they're a tad off as far as my case is concerned, with the exception of one remark.
nutella wrote:I feel like Lizzy has been sort of a back-burner, perpetually-runner-up lynch candidate so far because several suspect her but every day something more major somehow comes up... interesting isn't it?? One of these days we should actually lynch her imo...
warm

Come on, guys! Do I have to do everything around here? :p

8 (thirteen)
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Lizzy wrote:8 (thirteen)
:ponder:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Lizzy »

Vompatti wrote:
Lizzy wrote:8 (thirteen)
:ponder:
... guess that's why I ended up dealing with humanities. :shrug:
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis, What do you think of Llama's "B is for baddie" theory now? I mean, now that he has turned out to be civ. I cannot find the quote right now, but I believe Bullz was included in his theory, but bea voted for bullz Day 3.

1 - Don't worry Snow Dog, I will be the loser in this event. :(
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Elohcin wrote:Epignosis, What do you think of Llama's "B is for baddie" theory now? I mean, now that he has turned out to be civ. I cannot find the quote right now, but I believe Bullz was included in his theory, but bea voted for bullz Day 3.

Well I'll reply to you to help your posts.

For myself I don't hold any credence with the B for Baddie theory. Just another wild llama idea. Even though he was civ, doesn't make him right.

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote: So I can't catch up now and answer the many queries? Fuck. I'm out. I'll take my punishment.
I'm sorry; I'm not sure I fully understand your question and I didn't intend to cause any frustration with this.

As long as you address someone (like: MP, I think this and this and this...) or quote someone, if they are a participant, then you can say or address whoever else you want in the same post. OR you can still talk to other people in another post and NOT do any of that but it just won't count towards your total. But there is a way to circumvent it, sort of, and I'd be OK with that, as long as the "addressing" or "quoting" to a participant is still in effect in some way -- then you get to add 1 to your counter.

Hopefully that helps.

Gotta go to work now. Sorry if there are other questions or concerns. If there are, PM me and I'll see them right away when I get home.
Sorry just having a tantrum. It was the double posting clause. Usually this place is dead when I come online. I was hoping to catch up with multiple posts. More people are posting at this time than usual though so it's not so bad. :)
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 85

Post by AceofSpaces »

Vompatti wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:

Well shame on you for using numbers irresponsibly. Do you have any idea the damage you caused? Do you know what MP will do to me if I lose this!? DO YOU!?!? Also, I too would like you to expand your thoughts on Dex. To me, there seems to be other llama voters that are more suspicious, but I can also see how voting for Dex would be a decent option. He has yet to do something helpful.

@Snow Dog

If you don't believe in the B theory, what do you believe in? Who is your biggest suspect right now, and why? Sorry if you've already given your thoughts. I may have missed them.

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Elohcin wrote:Epignosis, What do you think of Llama's "B is for baddie" theory now? I mean, now that he has turned out to be civ. I cannot find the quote right now, but I believe Bullz was included in his theory, but bea voted for bullz Day 3.

I think that the "B" theory was really a joke. He had a good reason to suspect three people whose names happened to all begin with a "B" (based on vote timing), and commented on that fact.
And his being civ doesn't really give his logic any more weight, though I agree with it.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

AceofSpaces wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:

Well shame on you for using numbers irresponsibly. Do you have any idea the damage you caused? Do you know what MP will do to me if I lose this!? DO YOU!?!? Also, I too would like you to expand your thoughts on Dex. To me, there seems to be other llama voters that are more suspicious, but I can also see how voting for Dex would be a decent option. He has yet to do something helpful.

@Snow Dog

If you don't believe in the B theory, what do you believe in? Who is your biggest suspect right now, and why? Sorry if you've already given your thoughts. I may have missed them.

Well if I am going to ease up on Lizzy...which I may, I am not sure. Vompatti is getting my eye at the moment for his number posting. Seems like a possible baddie move to throw a spanner in the works. Either his team mates are not in the event or if they are, are fuklly aware of his tactic.

I will look back at other suspects. So many posts recently.

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

AceofSpaces wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:

@Snow Dog

Which llama voters do you find more suspicious? I don't have anything particular about Dex other than what has already been brought up, but as I already said none of the others stand out for me either. However I do have a feeling that most of the baddies voted for llama so we have a good chance of hitting one no matter which we choose to lynch.

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 109

Post by DharmaHelper »

AceofSpaces wrote:
Nevinera wrote:

Right there with you. I generally found the arguments against him weak and wifom-ey, and the timing of his bwt defense would have been terrible as a baddie. He's a smart guy, you can rely on him not to make that kind mistake.

llama defending BWT literally minutes before his lynch just would not have happened if he was a on the same team. I agree. That's what it made more sense for me to vote for Bullz.

As far as boo is concerned. I don't know what he wants me to say. If he is going to keep suspecting me for a day one vote, that is his problem. It's going to get him no where in this game, but whatever. Curious how now he suspects DH, now that DH has brought him up as a suspect.

If I could respond directly to bea, I'd tell her my thoughts have been posted all day. If she has any specific questions she should ask, and I'm sure I'd answer them.

I find that interesting too. First boo is aggressive towards Aces when Aces votes boo, and now boo is aggressive towards myself when I make a pretty solid case against the guy? At one point a man has to consider whether boo is simply just a very sensitive player, or a very paranoid baddie.
nutella wrote:RIP llama :(
Nevinera wrote:

Right there with you. I generally found the arguments against him weak and wifom-ey, and the timing of his bwt defense would have been terrible as a baddie. He's a smart guy, you can rely on him not to make that kind mistake.

I agree. I had been reading llama as civ the whole time, and there was a point during this lynch when I became uncertain, but I still wasn't surprised to see him turn up good :\

This event is ridiculous and I am so going to lose :( I just got home from work and there are already so many posts and it's overwhelming :| I feel way behind in the contest already and also I caught up pretty quickly so I didn't quite catch all the nuance of the Boo/Bullz/etc stuff. I should probably go back and read more closely but what's the general thread there?

I'm interested in looking at Epig as well, and of course Boats and Lizzy are at the top of my list still. I feel like Lizzy has been sort of a back-burner, perpetually-runner-up lynch candidate so far because several suspect her but every day something more major somehow comes up... interesting isn't it?? One of these days we should actually lynch her imo...

Sorry, you want to look at Epig why?
Bullzeye wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:@Bullzeye

Well I'm not as sold on Lizzy now. But I've let these things go in the past and regretted it.
What do you tthink about Boo's comments towards you?

Fair enough. I won't go against you for following your gut unless I can see something else that makes you look bad. I can respect why you might not want to let go given how well she did in the last game.

I PM'ed this to MP but I'll post it here as well so everyone can see: @MP: Are posting contest participants strictly only allowed to address fellow participants or can we talk to non-participants and just not have those posts count toward the total? Like Bea said it's kinda hard for her to talk to the people accusing her of being bad if they're not able to directly talk back.

Anyway, my thoughts toward Boo are as follows:
First I don't see how it's convenient I'm in this contest. I didn't know what it was when I signed up only that there'd be prizes and if I'd known it was like this tbh I wouldn't have signed up but there's prizes for winning and punishments for losing so I'm sure as hell not gonna lose. As to DH, I've not buddied up to anyone he just happened to be talking a lot and I had things to say to him. Just because I know he's wrong about me doesn't mean I'm going to ignore everything else he says.

I didn't wildly move around who I wanted to vote, I brought up Dex and Ace as being suspicious for much the same reason and eventually arrived at the conclusion that an Aces vote would be best out of the two because Dex seemed to have some kind of motive for getting votes. I'm not ignoring that my vote looked/looks suspicious, I've defended against those comments but there's only so many times and so many ways I can say I wasn't trying to defend BWT before it just gets boring.

DH made good points about Boo and Bea, but Boo seems to be acting like that isn't the case. Boo also seems to be suggesting that I should be making a case against myself by saying "The fact you're now jumping on something that you also fit into perfectly (while jokingly ignoring it) makes me think you'll be starting the next lynch at the top of my list, as you are far to willing to do what is easy and ignore what makes sense". I answered the points made against me, so I haven't ignored anything. Like I said, just because DH is wrong about me doesn't make everything else he says wrong. I know I'm not BWT's teammate but other than that anyone could be.

I want to support what bullz said in that the only reason I posted back and forth with him in that short window was because I was online and he was online, and I was posting and he was posting. @Bullz, Thank you for your comments about my points against boo/bea. Haha, boobie.

our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Nevinera wrote:

I think that the "B" theory was really a joke. He had a good reason to suspect three people whose names happened to all begin with a "B" (based on vote timing), and commented on that fact.
And his being civ doesn't really give his logic any more weight, though I agree with it.

Yeah, I don't think statistically all three B-players could be baddies. But all three can be suspects. I've not discounted any of those three out yet, but nor are they my main three potential culprits either.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Snow Dog wrote: Well if I am going to ease up on Lizzy...which I may, I am not sure. Vompatti is getting my eye at the moment for his number posting. Seems like a possible baddie move to throw a spanner in the works. Either his team mates are not in the event or if they are, are fuklly aware of his tactic.

I will look back at other suspects. So many posts recently.

I don't really see how that's particularly a *baddie* move.
Irritating to those of us playing, perhaps, but there's not really anything to gain for baddies here - someone's going to win and lose, and that type of trick won't really affect who.

Mongoose wrote: Yeah, I don't think statistically all three B-players could be baddies. But all three can be suspects. I've not discounted any of those three out yet, but nor are they my main three potential culprits either.

I meant rather that Suchong only has two teammates, so we can't logically claim that *three* people were all trying to save his bacon by late-voting Aces.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Oh, I see where you are going with this. Sorry for misunderstanding you. I think it could be likely that both Suchong's teammates were B-players. Unless I am missing something, they could have just as easily voted for Zany Dexy's Midnight Runners though, right? They were just waiting to see who would have the second-highest number of votes.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

@Nev yes the number of Suchong's teammates is something I have considered. However DharmaHelper's Law of Coincidence states that when many people fit a description (i.e possibly saving bwt) but only some people can actually be those that are described (i.e 5 people are accused, but only 2 can actually be guilty) *AT LEAST* one person within the five has to have actually attempted a save.

The fact that I was able to collect a good deal of evidence on more people that can possibly be on Suchong's team is, I think, a good thing. When there is so much there to pick from, surely all we need to do is find the one that feels the most right, and we will have picked out a baddie.

@Mongoose I'm waiting to see if I survive the night to do my Dex Voters post but as I pointed out in my Ace Voters post, Ace was closer to BWT than Dex on at least one occasion, and with only two teammates (thus only two votes) It would make sense for them to focus on the closer of the two.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

DharmaHelper wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:
Nevinera wrote:

llama defending BWT literally minutes before his lynch just would not have happened if he was a on the same team. I agree. That's what it made more sense for me to vote for Bullz.

As far as boo is concerned. I don't know what he wants me to say. If he is going to keep suspecting me for a day one vote, that is his problem. It's going to get him no where in this game, but whatever. Curious how now he suspects DH, now that DH has brought him up as a suspect.

If I could respond directly to bea, I'd tell her my thoughts have been posted all day. If she has any specific questions she should ask, and I'm sure I'd answer them.

I find that interesting too. First boo is aggressive towards Aces when Aces votes boo, and now boo is aggressive towards myself when I make a pretty solid case against the guy? At one point a man has to consider whether boo is simply just a very sensitive player, or a very paranoid baddie.
Whether he is sensitive or paranoid (or maybe both), he is coming across as defensive, and I think that's the bottom line here. I guess if you feel unjustly attacked (because you are civ), you might come across as defensive. Yeah, being (overly) defensive definitely draws my eye. I just need to decide how I am personally going to rank boo against our other potentially culpable players.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Spacedaisy wrote:
To be quite frank I still suspect Mongoose of being on BWT's team more than anyone else. .
Llama erroneously played devil's advocate too and look how well that turned out for everyone.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Mongoose wrote: Yeah, I don't think statistically all three B-players could be baddies. But all three can be suspects. I've not discounted any of those three out yet, but nor are they my main three potential culprits either.

I agree with this. I'm willing to look at the 3 B's but I think it's unlikely that all 3 of them are bad, especially because BWT only had 2 teammates. DH's logic/plan above is something to consider but at this point the B I'm most certain is bad at this point is not even one of the trio, it's Boats.

to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mongoose wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:
Nevinera wrote:

Whether he is sensitive or paranoid (or maybe both), he is coming across as defensive, and I think that's the bottom line here. I guess if you feel unjustly attacked (because you are civ), you might come across as defensive. Yeah, being (overly) defensive definitely draws my eye. I just need to decide how I am personally going to rank boo against our other potentially culpable players.

It's funny that you say defensive, Mongoose. As I read back into boo's post after my case was made, it seems to me that he made no effort to defend himself at all. He simply disregards my points after pulling a no-u. As evidenced in Avant Guard mafia wherein I made a big analysis post and two people (Dom and LT) ignored that and even mocked it's validity, Outright disregard for a case is a baddie tactic (Dom and LT were bad in that game IIRC)

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote: It's funny that you say defensive, Mongoose. As I read back into boo's post after my case was made, it seems to me that he made no effort to defend himself at all. He simply disregards my points after pulling a no-u. As evidenced in Avant Guard mafia wherein I made a big analysis post and two people (Dom and LT) ignored that and even mocked it's validity, Outright disregard for a case is a baddie tactic (Dom and LT were bad in that game IIRC)

Oh this sounds interesting. Could you link me to the post of Boo's in question? The way you describe it sounds like a baddie response to a case -- refusing to understand or respond to the arguments against him.

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

7.[/quote]

I find that interesting too. First boo is aggressive towards Aces when Aces votes boo, and now boo is aggressive towards myself when I make a pretty solid case against the guy? At one point a man has to consider whether boo is simply just a very sensitive player, or a very paranoid baddie. [/quote]

010.[/quote]
It's funny that you say defensive, Mongoose. As I read back into boo's post after my case was made, it seems to me that he made no effort to defend himself at all. He simply disregards my points after pulling a no-u. As evidenced in Avant Guard mafia wherein I made a big analysis post and two people (Dom and LT) ignored that and even mocked it's validity, Outright disregard for a case is a baddie tactic (Dom and LT were bad in that game IIRC)

17.[/quote]

I'm reading the inferred hostility as defensiveness; I don't mean literal defensiveness. I agree refusing to respond to allegations is definitely a baddie tactic (but I would think with dubious success). I'd rather someone tell me why they aren't bad (without undue hostility and defensiveness) in a clean, coherent statement than just ignore all of us (which is what several players are doing (even if they are pretending not to).

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Lizzy wrote:Well, well, well... what do we have here? Firstly, thank you kindly for the nice words and for your appreciation of my past performance. :hugs: Secondly, :haha: thank you for giving me a short benefit of the doubt because of my current state of mind and not only. While my being f****d in the head (a type of falling-from-the-moon-and-landing-on-my-head thingy) is completely true, it has nothing to do with the above; therefore, there is no corelation between my posting style in this game and feeling like crap.

I have to admit that reading all the theories is extremely entertaining, so thanks for that. Snowy's paranoia in particular deserves a mention. You're second guessing again. Remember what happened last time(s). :p So while all of them are interesting and might have a point, they're a tad off as far as my case is concerned, with the exception of one remark.
nutella wrote:I feel like Lizzy has been sort of a back-burner, perpetually-runner-up lynch candidate so far because several suspect her but every day something more major somehow comes up... interesting isn't it?? One of these days we should actually lynch her imo...
warm

Come on, guys! Do I have to do everything around here? :p

8 (thirteen)
You feeling any better, Lizzy? I'm glad you didn't feel too weird when you got in here today and there were profuse posts about you.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

EBWOP: Last post should have been in OT green; sorry about that.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

boo wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:As I noted in my megapost, Bullz, boo offered an explanation for BwT's confusing post. One reason he might have done that would be to lend a hand to a team mate after a flub?

I've been suspicious of Boo for awhile. Mostly because of how threatened he seemed by my day one vote for him. It just didn't seem reasonable to me that he would instantly think I *had* to be bad, just because I voted for him day one.

As I have said, your D1 vote was not threatening.

Your D1 vote - with no explanation - caused me to vote for you.

Your continued sense of being to good to explain it - and acting like you did and using 'I felt like it' as a reason - was continued nonsense, which is why you also got me D2 vote.

The only reason I didn't vote for you D3 is because I had reached a thought on llama, came into the thread, and others were going the same way. It was wrong, sure, but it added up as far as I'm concerned, and therefore makes sense, unlike how you have played this entire game.

@Bullz, I looked for the post while coming back to this one after reading, didn't see it. But it's convenient for you to have signed up for the contest and be heavily posting, and having DH to buddy up to. The only difference between our votes is I went with Aces twice, and that on the D2 vote, I hadn't wildly moved around with who I might vote. Yours actually looked (looks) like a save attempt for BWT. Mine had something to back it up. The fact you're now jumping on something that you also fit into perfectly (while jokingly ignoring it) makes me think you'll be starting the next lynch at the top of my list, as you are far to willing to do what is easy and ignore what makes sense.

As for DH, I'd currently lean non-civvie, but probably not full on baddie. Cohen or team. I don't think he genuinely cares about results he gets in what he's throwing out, only putting things out there to keep it off of him and whoever he may be connected to (could also be a morally ambiguous, one of the potential sub group LMSing, like a splicer or bot, and is just looking to kill anyone he thinks could be in that group in the event he needs them all dead to win). He does not, however, seem full civvie to me. Nothing I'd go after for a lynch, but I also think I'll be taking everything he has to say with a great deal of doubt as a result.
@Nutella- There you go! The last paragraph is specifically what I mean when i say disregarding the case. Language like "I don't think he genuinely cares about results he gets" and "just throwing/putting things out there" And "I will be taking everything he says with a great deal of doubt" All sound very dismissive and no-uey in nature. If he disagreed with my case, or brought out anything that refuted it, sure. But the stuff I've highlighted is just outright dismissal and "no u". Also higher in the post boo says that because Bullz is "jokingly ignoring" points against him, boo will now look to bullz for a lynch. Then in the paragraph I highlighted, boo ignores willfully any and all points I've made against him.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Hopefully that helps.

Sorry just having a tantrum. It was the double posting clause. Usually this place is dead when I come online. I was hoping to catch up with multiple posts. More people are posting at this time than usual though so it's not so bad. :)
Popping in at lunch here because I can and I wanted to make sure I addressed any other questions. Don't see any others yet.

No worries, I gathered as much and I get that. But now I see more so what you're saying. I suppose that is an unintended consequence of your time zone combined with that rule, but I instituted it because I didn't want people spamming the thread more than it's already going to be with all of the discussion. Sort of defeats some of what I wanted to accomplish if people can talk to themselves.

I did not intend to inconvenience; hopefully you can work around it enough. If you do feel at the end of it that you've been unfairly inconvenienced, shoot S~V~S a PM. Doesn't mean I'll grant you anything at all (I very likely won't), but I'll at least listen to concerns thereafter brought to my attention.

While on the topic, this sentiment applies to anyone here. If you ever feel you've been wronged, take it up with our lovely Mod on Duty (S~V~S). She will inform me of matters of which I need to be informed, but is also there to listen for any reason whatsoever. I believe I've designed this game in as fair a way as possible to give everyone the opportunity to win, but I'm not perfect. I just request that no complaints or any such similar commentary be expressed in thread as they would be better suited for PM. Haven't had to deal with any here (not commenting on you Snowie, so don't sweat it), but I just wanted to emphasize this to everyone for future reference while it is relevant.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DH- Oh yes I remember that now. Boo has been generally no-u-ey, starting with his continued pursuit of Aces. It's interesting how he's been tossing some suspicion onto anyone who expresses suspicion of him. And it seems like he's the one who is "jokingly ignoring" stuff, lol. That along with your point about Boo providing an explanation for BWT's typo puts him on my eye-ing list.

Then there's Bullz, I should probably reread him. According to your mega-post, at the time Bullz voted, his vote caused Aces to tie with BWT. That's interesting to keep note of (though wifom-y).

Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

nutella wrote:DH- Oh yes I remember that now. Boo has been generally no-u-ey, starting with his continued pursuit of Aces. It's interesting how he's been tossing some suspicion onto anyone who expresses suspicion of him. And it seems like he's the one who is "jokingly ignoring" stuff, lol. That along with your point about Boo providing an explanation for BWT's typo puts him on my eye-ing list.

Then there's Bullz, I should probably reread him. According to your mega-post, at the time Bullz voted, his vote caused Aces to tie with BWT. That's interesting to keep note of (though wifom-y).

If it isn't totally clear in my megapost, Nev's vote also tied things between Aces/BWT. I just chose to focus on Nev's vote being an actual tie in the post, and the situation BEFORE Bullz voted for the sake of presenting a smooth, non-disjointed case. As I stated in the case though I think there are things in thread that weaken the Nev side of my case (the day 3 votes for one thing.) All that being said I consider the boo suspicions to be the strongest at this point, given boo's most recent post. I will also be watching Bullz however, as I'm not convinced of his innocence just yet.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

EBWOP: That should be 19.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Hedgeowl »

At this point I don't know what to make of boo and Aces. Reading them separately Ace jumps out as the suspicous one to me, hence why I voted for him, but based on voting behavior and some of the more recent comments boo is also becoming more suspicious. I still remember Ace and his unexplained and defiant first vote for boo though. Could this be on purpose? Are they playing us? I don't think so since the theory is that a BWT teammate voted for Ace at the end, but something about this whole thing feels off.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

Hopefully that helps.

Popping in at lunch here because I can and I wanted to make sure I addressed any other questions. Don't see any others yet.

No worries, I gathered as much and I get that. But now I see more so what you're saying. I suppose that is an unintended consequence of your time zone combined with that rule, but I instituted it because I didn't want people spamming the thread more than it's already going to be with all of the discussion. Sort of defeats some of what I wanted to accomplish if people can talk to themselves.

I did not intend to inconvenience; hopefully you can work around it enough. If you do feel at the end of it that you've been unfairly inconvenienced, shoot S~V~S a PM. Doesn't mean I'll grant you anything at all (I very likely won't), but I'll at least listen to concerns thereafter brought to my attention.

While on the topic, this sentiment applies to anyone here. If you ever feel you've been wronged, take it up with our lovely Mod on Duty (S~V~S). She will inform me of matters of which I need to be informed, but is also there to listen for any reason whatsoever. I believe I've designed this game in as fair a way as possible to give everyone the opportunity to win, but I'm not perfect. I just request that no complaints or any such similar commentary be expressed in thread as they would be better suited for PM. Haven't had to deal with any here (not commenting on you Snowie, so don't sweat it), but I just wanted to emphasize this to everyone for future reference while it is relevant.
No complaints. Like I said..a little tantrum. :p
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Nutella, can you explain why you want to look at Epig in more detail? If you did already can you link me to that post or quote it? Again I am a smidge nervous that the llama lynch was the baddie's way of kicking Epig in the gut to get him off his game and possibly get alot of his cred off.

Epig can you also reiterate who you're looking at now that thellama has come up civ?

19 because mistakes.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Hedgeowl »

bea wrote: also - rustie - what was it that made you vote lizzy? really. I think you might be civ and I don't understand the lizzy votes. same question for hedgeowl.
I'll talk to you bea! I was asleep when you were here though. I worked in pizza at whole foods, but food service is also not great when you are in your first trimester, nauseous and cant drink water in front of customers. Good luck with job hunting!

Lizzy falls into the category of as I believe someone said "the 3 nutty professors," just like the category of late B voters for Ace. I agree with Snow Dog, as we were two of the 3 fooled by Lizzy to the end and aren't looking to repeat that experience. She is certainly a crafty one and not to be underestimated. However, the comments from Bullz and Nev about the difference in her playing style are really helpful. I was also suspicious of her absence for two days, but with her explanation might not have voted for her if Vomps hadn't gone after Zany as a random llama voter. While many are looking at B voters, I also think something is odd is this group and it probably is only one of them.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Elohcin »

Snow Dog wrote:

For myself I don't hold any credence with the B for Baddie theory. Just another wild llama idea. Even though he was civ, doesn't make him right.

I think it sounds like a pretty silly idea. But you never know. From what I've seen of llama in previous games, he seems to have good intuitions. Some people are just good at that kind of thing. Then I think, if the roles were given randomly, then what are the chances, right?

Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Bullzeye »

DharmaHelper wrote:
nutella wrote:DH- Oh yes I remember that now. Boo has been generally no-u-ey, starting with his continued pursuit of Aces. It's interesting how he's been tossing some suspicion onto anyone who expresses suspicion of him. And it seems like he's the one who is "jokingly ignoring" stuff, lol. That along with your point about Boo providing an explanation for BWT's typo puts him on my eye-ing list.

If it isn't totally clear in my megapost, Nev's vote also tied things between Aces/BWT. I just chose to focus on Nev's vote being an actual tie in the post, and the situation BEFORE Bullz voted for the sake of presenting a smooth, non-disjointed case. As I stated in the case though I think there are things in thread that weaken the Nev side of my case (the day 3 votes for one thing.) All that being said I consider the boo suspicions to be the strongest at this point, given boo's most recent post. I will also be watching Bullz however, as I'm not convinced of his innocence just yet.
I agree on Boo being suspicious, and I would do even if I wasn't an alternative. He's definitely being quite defensive and I'm generally not feeling too good about him. I don't feel I've 'jokingly ignored' any suspicion, at least not to a greater extent than how 'jokey' I usually am, which is just part of my personality and has no bearing on my role in this or any other game.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Elohcin wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

I think it sounds like a pretty silly idea. But you never know. From what I've seen of llama in previous games, he seems to have good intuitions. Some people are just good at that kind of thing. Then I think, if the roles were given randomly, then what are the chances, right?

To comment on the "B" votes thing, I'm in agreement with you Elo that it does seem a tad silly. However, one thing in my style of play that I am working on is my confidence. Often I flush out a good deal of baddies and do not have the confidence to see it through. (JLvA Mafia, Avant Mafia, just to name 2). I think as it relates to llama, (the gambit, Plan B) I can see how he might be in the right place, on the right track, and things work out so unbelievably well that nobody follows through....

To say that a little clearer, I hope that "it seems too good to be true" is not enough to turn everyone away from being confident in their pursuits.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

To comment on the "B" votes thing, I'm in agreement with you Elo that it does seem a tad silly. However, one thing in my style of play that I am working on is my confidence. Often I flush out a good deal of baddies and do not have the confidence to see it through. (JLvA Mafia, Avant Mafia, just to name 2). I think as it relates to llama, (the gambit, Plan B) I can see how he might be in the right place, on the right track, and things work out so unbelievably well that nobody follows through....

To say that a little clearer, I hope that "it seems too good to be true" is not enough to turn everyone away from being confident in their pursuits.
I agree several players whose names begin with B are suspicious, but letters have nothing to do with it really. Anyone who seriously thinks that they should vote someone just for what letter their username begins with is really going to get my attention because it's kinda ridiculous. Plus the fact that there's more 'B' people than BWT had teammates. If Boo/Bea is on BWT's team and we lynch them, I would expect people to look at more than just a small handful of players to find their final member.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Elohcin wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

It is possible though. Llama's idea depends on it being deliberate though. At least that's what I thought he meant, unless he thought he stumbled on a cosmic coincidence.

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

This is completely unrelated to everything you said, but I thought I heard a cat with a stylish haircut ask me about suspicions didn't you? Well in the event of that I'll just hope they know that I think those who started the thing on llama are in my thoughts. Him being easily exploited for his BWT defenses and all.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Bullzeye wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

I agree several players whose names begin with B are suspicious, but letters have nothing to do with it really. Anyone who seriously thinks that they should vote someone just for what letter their username begins with is really going to get my attention because it's kinda ridiculous. Plus the fact that there's more 'B' people than BWT had teammates. If Boo/Bea is on BWT's team and we lynch them, I would expect people to look at more than just a small handful of players to find their final member.

To single someone out because of their username by itself is foolish, yes. But certainly if things compounded upon that as they do in the case of Boo, discussion can and should be generated. I'm sure if this was Plan D, I'd have something to say about people singling me out as a baddie based solely on the fact that my name starts with D, but if there was evidence to support that I was bad as there is evidence to support say, boo being bad, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Often times baddies are caught in such cosmic ways.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

DharmaHelper wrote: To single someone out because of their username by itself is foolish, yes. But certainly if things compounded upon that as they do in the case of Boo, discussion can and should be generated. I'm sure if this was Plan D, I'd have something to say about people singling me out as a baddie based solely on the fact that my name starts with D, but if there was evidence to support that I was bad as there is evidence to support say, boo being bad, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Often times baddies are caught in such cosmic ways.

Of course, yeah. All I'm saying is the idea that people are bad solely because of their name is not one we should take seriously, just in case anyone was considering it. It's probably mostly because I fall into the category but anyone using 'Plan B' as their only reason to vote should be looked at IMO.

Zany Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Zany Dex »

Lets lynch the ' B's(itches) :p
a stopped clock is right twice a day
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Epignosis »

I feel like such a turd for Logan's death, and even worse that I know bird's real team is laughing their asses off at me (I even dreamed about the Logan lynch last night). Now that I know the truth, I owe it to llama to reread his posts with a civilian context.

I'll admit that I thought the B is for bad theory was bunk, and to be fair, Logan was firing shots in a lot of directions. There is some analysis I'd like to do though now that I'm home (it figures that I'd be called into work when a posting contest starts).

As far as Bs go, however, BoatBoatsBoats is high on my list for his super speed reading power coupled with the fact that he has been literally useless during all three Days.

Um, 4
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/

Return to “Previous Jobs”