It's going to happen regardless...
30%

Total votes: 20
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Re: [DAY 7] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

I get the vibe that if something has happened to Scotty, it was perpetrated by Quin. I also don't necessarily think that should be seen as a reason to suspect Quin.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:I get the vibe that if something has happened to Scotty, it was perpetrated by Quin. I also don't necessarily think that should be seen as a reason to suspect Quin.
wherefore?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:I get the vibe that if something has happened to Scotty, it was perpetrated by Quin. I also don't necessarily think that should be seen as a reason to suspect Quin.
Perheps. Boot iff sumetheeng hypuzeeteecelly heppened tu me-a (I hefee't zee sleeghtest idea vhet yuoo cuoold meun) vhy vuooldn't Qooeen hefe-a dune-a thees theeng suuner? Vhy hesn't unyune-a hypuzeeteecelly dune-a sumetheeng
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote:
Perheps. Boot iff sumetheeng hypuzeeteecelly heppened tu me-a (I hefee't zee sleeghtest idea vhet yuoo cuoold meun) vhy vuooldn't Qooeen hefe-a dune-a thees theeng suuner? Vhy hesn't unyune-a hypuzeeteecelly dune-a sumetheeng tu unyune-a suuner? Bork Bork Bork!

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: [DAY 3] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Sloonei »

I am inclined to believe Matt 1.0's role flip was legit because, like, he came back in the game and everything. Unless he was the seemer twice, or the seemer the second time, then it makes no sense. Plus this post:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Effective immediately, Matt (2.0) is replacing sprityo.

To prevent Matt 2.0 from having inside information, I must inform all of you that Matt 1.0, as The Fall Guy, selected Consigliere at the beginning of the game.

We still need a few more replacements, but as you can tell by our use of a recently killed player, we have asked around literally everywhere and haven't found any.
Would just be a straight up host lie, and I don't think that happens.

So Scotty must be suggesting that DDL's lie is not furreal.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Cuoold it hefe-a sumetheeng tu du veet oooor noocumers? Drecunoos hesn't beee zee must telketeefe-a persun. Und zee teeming uff Dum... Bork Bork Bork! :ponder:

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Matt rejoined the game into a civilian role. Matt 1.0 could not have been the seemer, Sloonei is correct. Any baddie by default cannot rejoin a game.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Let me reiterate: :shrug:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

EBWOP: "DDL's role is not furreal."
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

If DDL was the seemer that would be fabulous. Not only would it mean we're a step ahead of where we think we are, but I also think it would align with current suspicions and not force a total reconstruction of events.

But it's all highly speculative. I have no idea why Scotty would be affected this way in the middle of a day phase.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

My initial thought was that Scotty got some votes from the loan shark, but it wouldn't make sense for this to happen midday. A punishment for something entirely unrelated? Or is he just messing with us?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Turnip Head

So the newcomers can't just hop safely into the megawagon. :dark:
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 8

Post by Elohcin »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Effective immediately, Dom is replacing Draconus.

Effective immediately, Elohcin is replacing Serge.
Damn. In a good way. Welcome to the game, y'all!

I know it's super late in the game, so if you need help getting acclimated let us know. I straight up recommend that you don't try to read the entire thread. It will take you forever and you'll be in the same difficult position your predecessors were in.

I think if you read from around Day 5 onward you'll develop a solid idea of what's gone on and get enough context.
Thanks, P. I don't think I can catch up with the 60 pages or so that Dom says has happened since Day 5. But thank you for the short summary. However, you said I replaced Drac who replaced Mongoose and Dom replaced Serge. I think its the other way around. Question, are votes changeable?

Linki with P - I don't think I will jump quite yet. We have almost 24 hours and I like TH too much to lynch him without knowing a reason. Can someone give a quick summary of the suspicion on TH.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Elohcin wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Effective immediately, Dom is replacing Draconus.

Effective immediately, Elohcin is replacing Serge.
Damn. In a good way. Welcome to the game, y'all!

I know it's super late in the game, so if you need help getting acclimated let us know. I straight up recommend that you don't try to read the entire thread. It will take you forever and you'll be in the same difficult position your predecessors were in.

I think if you read from around Day 5 onward you'll develop a solid idea of what's gone on and get enough context.
Thanks, P. I don't think I can catch up with the 60 pages or so that Dom says has happened since Day 5. But thank you for the short summary. However, you said I replaced Drac who replaced Mongoose and Dom replaced Serge. I think its the other way around. Question, are votes changeable?

Linki with P - I don't think I will jump quite yet. We have almost 24 hours and I like TH too much to lynch him without knowing a reason. Can someone give a quick summary of the suspicion on TH.
Votes are changeable. I'll gather some posts that highlight points against TH if I'm not beaten to the task.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

I ain't done nothink.

Since it happened as soon as the others switched in, we should be looking at them.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Elohcin wrote:However, you said I replaced Drac who replaced Mongoose and Dom replaced Serge. I think its the other way around.
Doh! You're right, thanks.
Elohcin wrote:Question, are votes changeable?
Yes.
Elohcin wrote:Linki with P - I don't think I will jump quite yet. We have almost 24 hours and I like TH too much to lynch him without knowing a reason. Can someone give a quick summary of the suspicion on TH.
Stand by.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

If Turnip Head is a baddie, it will reflect strongly on sig. I am not sure yet whether that reflection will be good or bad, but it will be strong either way. TH has made every effort to town read him constantly.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: [NIGHT 2] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Sloonei »

This Epignosis cat laid out a few things a few hours ago about why TH looks bad:
Epignosis wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:So now you are gonna witch hunt everyone who didn't agree with the CFD? That's what we're doing?

Because I still think it's a sloppy idea. Would've preferred if we've had a few more hours to do it.

And for the record, I'm against reading any of the people in the Fuzz lynch as civ automatically. Because if gleam or ika is also scum, this could be a great bussing job. The guy who started this whole thing is famous for his bussing skills in this forum, don't forget about that.

I'm not reading anything today though. Night.
Do you mean me? I am a she.
No. Golden. He was the one who started the CFD think iirc.

(if I'm wrong then screw that, this shit was too fast for me to form any rational thoughts).
I like to think it was a group effort. I brought up the idea of doing a CFD but didn't know who to gun for, and then SVS and Golden showed me the light.
Erm...I don't see this leading to the light in Turnip Head's post history. In one post, Golden told TH to read S~V~S's last posts, but Turnip Head ended up voting Fuzz because Fuzz told him to. The language here is exaggerated. The clouds didn't part, and there was no revelation or conversion or salvation- just a seemingly reluctant vote at the behest of the damned.
Epignosis wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I want to make sure that sig, Enrique and the other anti-CFDers get their proper day in court. It's easy to assume they're all baddies caught with their pants down but it almost feels like thats too easy. For all we know the rest of the fuzz weren't even around at EoD.
Boomslang (Enrique) is alive.
Turnip Head wrote:I think sig is town. It would have been easy for him to agree with the Fuzz suspicion if bad but he was thinking critically about the CFD and he was wrong. I don't want a witch hunt against the players who were against the CFD... but of them I think Luffy looks the worst for being against it but then jumping on it anyways, but he clearly put a lot of work into analyzing Golden's role in the events, so :shrug:
sig is alive.
Turnip Head wrote:And I see the distinction that Quin is making between being pinged by Luffy's post (about how we're not allowed to make a new bandwagon) and being against the Fuzz wagon specifically. I don't think that is as big a contradiction as Sloonei is making it out to be. Both things can be true and still be genuine.
Quin is alive.
Turnip Head wrote:Welcome back Matt :eek:

I'm gonna revisit Gleam. I think it's noteworthy that everyone on his wagon jumped ship for Fuzz while the other two wagons remained more or less intact. Does anyone know if any players who originally voted for Gleam ended up switching to ika?
Gleam didn't make it.
Epignosis wrote:What's astounding to me about that is not that Turnip Head spoke in defense of sig, Enrique, or Quin, but that Turnip Head's initial suspicion post-Fuzz was agleaminranks...
Turnip Head wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:Because at the moment that I voted Gleam-ika was 5-5. As for why it wasn't Gleam, you're not gonna like my answer, but I honestly didn't care which one got lynched.

Luffy I said I wouldn't touch the ika/Silverwolf situation. I said nothing of lynches except that I wanted to avoid ties.
But I read back and you had a ping on Gleam, you even voted for him earlier. So why don't you care?
...whom Fuzz "suspected." :|
TH's exchange with Prisoner starting with this post does not look great for him, and I explained my reasons for thinking that here.

On Day 2, the critical day so far in which we lynched our only cop (RadicalFuzz), Turnip Head kind of kicked off the bandwagon against Fuzz, but not directly. He only suggested starting a new bandwagon on a new target (ika, Epi, and gleam were all relatively close at the top of the poll at the time), but after making this suggestion TH's influence on events was minimal and tenuous at best. He was absent for a period of very busy discussion in the thread, and has explained that he was "going back to read" the thread, but it's also conceivable that he (and other cops) were scrambling behind the scenes.

etc.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

The case against Turnip Head is probably the strongest in the game right now, IMO. Boomslang's case is less convincing simply because there has been no content from that game slot for numerous game cycles. He's become a player though, who if he is town, will seriously upset me. There's no excuse to play this way as a townie, and I highly doubt he is doing that. He's gliding by for his team mates' sake.

I feel comfortable saying they're both bad.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:The case against Turnip Head is probably the strongest in the game right now, IMO. Boomslang's case is less convincing simply because there has been no content from that game slot for numerous game cycles. He's become a player though, who if he is town, will seriously upset me. There's no excuse to play this way as a townie, and I highly doubt he is doing that. He's gliding by for his team mates' sake.

100% agreement.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 384

Post by indiglo »

Welcome Eloh and Dom! Thank you much for being willing to sub into a game of this size, and this late in the game. That takes some mighty big brass ones.

Prisoner 509378 wrote:The case against Turnip Head is probably the strongest in the game right now, IMO. Boomslang's case is less convincing simply because there has been no content from that game slot for numerous game cycles. He's become a player though, who if he is town, will seriously upset me. There's no excuse to play this way as a townie, and I highly doubt he is doing that. He's gliding by for his team mates' sake.

And this is exactly where I'm at also. And that's why I think TH should go first. Boom is gliding by, not paying attention, who knows if he's even sending in his Night Actions. But TH has been more involved (although merely peripherally, looking at his actual content) and I think he's the higher priority here. However, as I've said before, I am definitely willing to go with Boom if that where consensus takes us.

Also, has anyone thought of any downsides to aiding our Flower Famiglia out with their NKs? Is there anyway we would be putting either of them (assuming their still alive) in any danger?

Scotty's thing is odd. I can't imagine it would be a loan repayment, as someone else said it started at midday. But I also have no idea what else it could possibly be. I see nothing mentioning weird accents or weird ways of speaking in the roles. But apparently he doesn't know why it happened either - which would also lend credence to it NOT being a loan repayment... and some other strange game mechanic or host punishment. (Though if the hosts are handing out punishment, I imagine all the MIA players would be first on their lists! :ohyeah: )

DDL as the seemer?... that's interesting too. Let me look at a couple of things, and see if that fits inside my brain.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

EBWOP: *they're* ... oh man, that is going to bother me. That's one of my pet peeves. :doh:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

indiglo wrote:EBWOP: *they're* ... oh man, that is going to bother me. That's one of my pet peeves. :doh:
:suspish:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

their their, indi. its ok.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Ok, considering whether or not DDL was the Seemer. So, this is a small sample size, it's just the day 2 lynch.

Role Power: [A dog who is so excited he is just peeing all over everything]: If Sockface thinks he has found a baddie, he will get really excited. Once in the game, he can activate this ability to gain triple vote power for a day.

This was the only lynch that Luffy was a part of where that role power could have come into play and won the lynch. I don't think he used it this day though, because reading back, he was NOT 100% on board the wagon for Fuzz. He said, in fact, my suspicion on you is not strong but he voted there to avoid a throw away vote.

RadicalFuzz
Golden (17), ika (18), Silverwolf (19), indiglo (20), S~V~S (21), Dragon D. Luffy (22), Turnip Head (24), Sloonei (25) 28%

ika
Quin (5), Nerolunar (6), agleaminranks (11), Soneji (12), Serge (14), RadicalFuzz (16), Enrique (23), Long Con (28), sig (29) 31%

Conclusion - from this evidence alone, I find it impossible to tell if DDL was really Sockface. Were he Sockface, he did not use his special Pee Power votes to kill Fuzz.

Further investigation: Here, he builds a mega case on Golden and explains the EoD2 CFD on Fuzz. At the time (and currently) I found his explanation a bit misleading. He credits TH with the CFD - which is utterly false to anyone in thread at that time, or anyone looking back on it with an honest eye. TH was not involved at ALL in our CFD of Fuzz, which Golden tried to explain to DDL, to no avail. This may have been an attempt to start a discredit of Golden.

He rails on Golden quite a bit more, then gloms onto Sloon's mention of Gleam

Next he backs off Golden almost completely and finds it odd that anyone agreed with him about Golden being bad & wanting to lynch him

And so forth. I remember this though, there was pretty much only 1 post all game that made me pause and consider he could be civ. Just one.

Conclusion - it is possible he was the Seemer, but I can't see anyway to be sure of that until end game. I would not find it a totally unbelievable or ridiculous thing to consider.

Linki~ ACK! Stop that! They're is no place in this game for poor grammar. :smile:
Further conclusion - I just wasted a bunch of time doing this, but I got my brain gears moving, so that part is kind of nice.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Additional conclusion - I put my linki in the wrong place in my post. :puppy:

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

See, what gets me about DDL's lynch is that a ton of Prisoners voted there too - so it wasn't just our in-thread ongoing rampant paranoia. Other eyes, fresh eyes, came in and saw what we saw. I don't know, I guess I should let that go, but there was definitely room in my brain for it - I can see that.

Now I was going to ISO chaindeath. I nearly forgot. I can do that, but I'll say right now I don't see the case on him. I'll try to go into with as open a mind as I can.

I'm thinking I should probably ISO the predecessors of our new arrivals too. That should take all of about 5 minutes.

XOXO Epi Girl
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

No time wasted there, indi. I've just had another thought: It would make sense for the seemer to appear as one of the secret roles if that means revealing what the role is. The two secret roles are the only ones in the game that the cops have no information on. By appearing as one of them, they get to see what they're up against.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

leeke-a TH vuoold meke-a a guud cese-a fur beeeng zee verdeen. It vuoold ixpleeen hees ebsence-a dooreeng zee preesun breek. Bork Bork Bork!

Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

indiglo wrote:Ok, considering whether or not DDL was the Seemer. So, this is a small sample size, it's just the day 2 lynch.

Role Power: [A dog who is so excited he is just peeing all over everything]: If Sockface thinks he has found a baddie, he will get really excited. Once in the game, he can activate this ability to gain triple vote power for a day.

This was the only lynch that Luffy was a part of where that role power could have come into play and won the lynch. I don't think he used it this day though, because reading back, he was NOT 100% on board the wagon for Fuzz. He said, in fact, my suspicion on you is not strong but he voted there to avoid a throw away vote.

RadicalFuzz
Golden (17), ika (18), Silverwolf (19), indiglo (20), S~V~S (21), Dragon D. Luffy (22), Turnip Head (24), Sloonei (25) 28%

ika
Quin (5), Nerolunar (6), agleaminranks (11), Soneji (12), Serge (14), RadicalFuzz (16), Enrique (23), Long Con (28), sig (29) 31%

Conclusion - from this evidence alone, I find it impossible to tell if DDL was really Sockface. Were he Sockface, he did not use his special Pee Power votes to kill Fuzz.

Further investigation: Here, he builds a mega case on Golden and explains the EoD2 CFD on Fuzz. At the time (and currently) I found his explanation a bit misleading. He credits TH with the CFD - which is utterly false to anyone in thread at that time, or anyone looking back on it with an honest eye. TH was not involved at ALL in our CFD of Fuzz, which Golden tried to explain to DDL, to no avail. This may have been an attempt to start a discredit of Golden.

He rails on Golden quite a bit more, then gloms onto Sloon's mention of Gleam

Next he backs off Golden almost completely and finds it odd that anyone agreed with him about Golden being bad & wanting to lynch him

And so forth. I remember this though, there was pretty much only 1 post all game that made me pause and consider he could be civ. Just one.

Conclusion - it is possible he was the Seemer, but I can't see anyway to be sure of that until end game. I would not find it a totally unbelievable or ridiculous thing to consider.

Linki~ ACK! Stop that! They're is no place in this game for poor grammar. :smile:
Further conclusion - I just wasted a bunch of time doing this, but I got my brain gears moving, so that part is kind of nice.
Neece-a unelysees! I theenk Dumunguunoos vuoold meke-a a guud cese-a fur zee secret rule-a becoose-a Drecunoos repleced in leeke-a Dey 3, reeght? Und deedn't he-a meess a fute-a? Veet hoo mooch cetchoop he-a deffeenitely meessed, it vuooldn't soorpreese-a me-a thet he-a meessed zee defelupment ooff DDL cleeeming zee lest secret rule-a. He-a selff-futed Dey 4, vheech tells me-a iff he-a hed sume-a speceeel ebeelity, he-a felt leeke-a insteed ooff useeng it, he-a deedn't vunt tu introode-a. Inter treegger-heppy Dum, veet a mecheene-a goon. Bork Bork Bork! Ih? Bork Bork Bork!

indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Scotty wrote:leeke-a TH vuoold meke-a a guud cese-a fur beeeng zee verdeen. It vuoold ixpleeen hees ebsence-a dooreeng zee preesun breek. Bork Bork Bork!
Ok, I am so glad you said this - I had thought of this earlier myself! Of all the scum, TH has been active all along - which I think would be necessary for Wardening. I can't imagine one of the skaters-by being the Warden. (Like Boom, for example.)

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Also, apologies Scotty. Dex just informed me I've been reading your posts in the incorrect accent. (I was going with Russian.) And now I will begin reading them in a Swedish accent. ;)

Also, of course, my previous post agreeing about TH possibly being the Warden is all assuming he is, indeed, a Cop. Bork bork bork! :D

XOXO Epi Girl
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

It's probably just confirmation bias gone mad at this point, but is anyone else as bothered about TH's absence during the CFD as I am? He has said he was "looking back" and "reading", but the action at that time was clearly in the present, the things that were happening at that very moment. I don't think he was going back to read anything, I think he was scrambling around at the police station trying to coordinate something with Fuzz and whoever else was present.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I think that if the seemed posed as the secret role, they'd have to make up the rolecard themselves. I've always thought that.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:I think that if the seemed posed as the secret role, they'd have to make up the rolecard themselves. I've always thought that.
Interesting thought. What makes you believe that?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Alright sir, let's ask. :dark: (want to take bets on whether or not we'll get an answer? :shifty: )

@ Hosts - If the Seemer posed as the Secret Role, would the true role card get flipped? Or would the Seemer have to write up a fake role card?

Is this a wild goose chase? Why haven't I finished ISOing Chain yet? His tab is still open. Can we lynch TH now? Does anyone have any chocolate?

And yes, I find TH's absence during the CFD odd. Because, he wasn't absent, he was right here... he just didn't engage at all. I don't see how a civ could be here, in the thread, while that was happening and not engage at all. It was too exciting and crazy.

Hey, look at this post I typed forever ago, just sitting here still, hanging out in its little tab. I finished my ISO on chaindeath. I still don't read him as scum. I haven't seen him mentioned in a bit, is he still on anyone's hit list?

I look over the predecessors to our new recruits now.

XOXO Epi Girl
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 330
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

indiglo wrote:Alright sir, let's ask. :dark: (want to take bets on whether or not we'll get an answer? :shifty: )

@ Hosts - If the Seemer posed as the Secret Role, would the true role card get flipped? Or would the Seemer have to write up a fake role card?
The latter.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Quin wrote:I think that if the seemed posed as the secret role, they'd have to make up the rolecard themselves. I've always thought that.

Are you hosting this game? :p

Interesting answer from MP. :ponder: I am nearly out of brain juice, so I am not sure how to resolve it at this time.

Ok, read Mongoose/Draconus... I'm not getting Scum vibes there. Moving on to Serge before the brain craps out completely. Woo hoo! :workit:

XOXO Epi Girl
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

indiglo wrote:

Are you hosting this game? :p

Interesting answer from MP. :ponder: I am nearly out of brain juice, so I am not sure how to resolve it at this time.

Ok, read Mongoose/Draconus... I'm not getting Scum vibes there. Moving on to Serge before the brain craps out completely. Woo hoo! :workit:
You'd think I was, I was right about the prisoner thing too :slick:

inb4 llama comes and tries to scumread me for that :shrug:

As for your earlier question, yes I have chocolate. No, you cannot have any.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Interesting thought. What makes you believe that?
I had thought that because if it was that the rolecard would be revealed, that makes it unnecessarily unfair on whoever has the secret role. On the assumption that a secret role was seemer..ed?, having them make it up balances that out.
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Thoughts on Serge...

Much of what I read of his posts genuinely seem like he is trying to figure out the game. (Remember, I do not know this person at all, so I am ISOing him as someone who has 0 idea of his meta) All posts of his will be mentioned in Chronological Order, starting back on March 10 in the AM.

Trying to figure out CFD dyanmics

Some of these posts will mean more to me once we have begun lynching our candidates - like this post where Enrique says Serge is a cop

He's replying to Golden here, and still trying to decode the CFD development after the fact

A reminder not to get so attached to 1 idea that it festers and keeps you from looking at other possibilities - seems civvish to me to remind everyone of that

Here he's agreeing with TH's case on LC - which in hindsight is a little :eye:

Here he is analyzing the CFD again after the fact, and his analysis seems much more spot-on than TH's - I kept reading TH's analysis as very agenda having, this one from Serge seems to be truthful and accurate

Here is finally the highlight, at least to me - Serge goes through and lists the instigators of the CFD on Fuzz, and he lists them (from scummiest to least scummiest): TH, Golden, SVS - so if we do end up lynching TH, that may help my Serge read

Over all conclusion on Serge - doesn't seem super scummy to me. Seems like he was trying to keep up as best he could, he posted consistent content, even without making a huge quantity of posts. Finding out Boomrique's and TH's alignment will perhaps shed additional light on Serge. Boomrique called Serge a cop, and Serge called TH scummy.

Leaning town on Serge & NewSerge (who I've already forgotten which of the new arrivals replaced him, oops! :grin: )

I will welcome any and all feedback on my ISO's of both these peeps. I didn't quote posts for Mongoose/Draconus/NewMongDrac because there weren't that many, and I just felt fine accepting them as civ. I believe when we did our GTH exercise the other day (when I was at a hotel with internet that worked JUST FINE until we were GTH-ing :fist: ) I had Draconus down as scum. That was because I had no read on him, so I defaulted to scum. I would now update that GTH read to town.

Serge did have some reasonings that didn't make sense to me, but then he said some other stuff (like suspicions, etc) that also caught my eye. So I grabbed his posts as I went.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

EBWOP - DDL's analysis of the CFD, not TH's. DDL kept giving TH all the credit for the CFD, which was less than accurate, IMO.
indiglo wrote: Here he is analyzing the CFD again after the fact, and his analysis seems much more spot-on than DDL's - I kept reading DDL's analysis as very agenda having, this one from Serge seems to be truthful and accurate
I am full of edits.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

:ninja: :offtobed:

XOXO Epi Girl
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Well basketball was horseshit tonight. Thanks for nothing Chris Paul. Time to bet on the PGA.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote:Well basketball was horseshit tonight. Thanks for nothing Chris Paul. Time to bet on the PGA.
Vuoold yuoo cunseeder yuoorselff a gembleeng mun, Ipee? Bork Bork Bork!

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Well basketball was horseshit tonight. Thanks for nothing Chris Paul. Time to bet on the PGA.
Vuoold yuoo cunseeder yuoorselff a gembleeng mun, Ipee? Bork Bork Bork!
No. I usually win.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Re: [DAY 2] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Soneji »

Pages 41-89. Its relieving that there were just some pages I could skip as it was just Ika and SW back and forth...
Serge wrote:Hello everyone, sorry for missing out on the last day. I've read up until page 15, hopefully I'll catch up tomorrow.

I'm quite surprised at the number of new players in this specific game. The thread is going so fast and references on other games flash by here and there. Let us be civil(no pun intended), it seems some sparks are flying.

Who/what is a linki? When I catch up hopefully I'll be able to form a clearer picture. If it doesn't come in that form, I'll make that investigation board instead. No matter what happens, I'll cast a vote this day phase.
Serge wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Serge wrote:Hello everyone, sorry for missing out on the last day. I've read up until page 15, hopefully I'll catch up tomorrow.

I'm quite surprised at the number of new players in this specific game. The thread is going so fast and references on other games flash by here and there. Let us be civil(no pun intended), it seems some sparks are flying.

Who/what is a linki? When I catch up hopefully I'll be able to form a clearer picture. If it doesn't come in that form, I'll make that investigation board instead. No matter what happens, I'll cast a vote this day phase.
Hello again Serge, "linki" refers to when a new post pops up during the time you are typing your own new post.

What would you say is your general strategy on Days 1 & 2 of a Mafia game? Has this game been busier than what you are accustomed to?
Hullo Sloonei, I have just arrived at your post. Thanks to you and that other person that explained linki.

I don't like 0s and 1s as they usually revolve around random guessing and nitpicking the tiniest bits of text that may be construed as scummy. An example would be llama saying that Luffy complaining that the game is hard for cops is scummy is an example.

For Day 2, I generally put who got lynched and nightkilled front and center, using the posts from the previous day to try and find any links as to how both these things transpire.

I'm going to resume reading now, see you when I catch up.
These promises of activity, especially regarding whatever he meant by an investigation board and looking at arrests/lynches as his main basis for scumhunting, never came to fruition. He also had a slight fixation with being sure to vote. After the post above his next posts about three and a half hours later are these:
Serge wrote:Can someone tell me if the clock on the front page is the same time everyone is seeing?
Serge wrote:@thellama73, is your vote for Luffy serious? If so, why?
Serge wrote:Thanks! MP actually just told me that. It's really nifty and useful.
Then he ends day 2 voting Ika without any detailed reasoning:
Serge wrote:I like thellama73's in-depth post about why he thinks Luffy is a cop. I don't necessarily agree with it but that amount of perception doesn't reek of scum to me. If he held on to just the "this game is hard to win for cops" thing, I may have voted for him.

I think ika is acting like a very naughty deer caught between the headlights. I honestly don't remember the case against gleam anymore, and the one against Epignosis half-built on his meta, which I don't take stock on.

Um, someone tell me how to vote.

ika

Does that work?
The rest of his posts are just him defending himself a bit and mostly putting all attention on some of the motives around the day 2 CFD.

chaindeath wrote:Chaindeath has finished reading all of the posts to this point, in the stead of lunch might he add. He would like to acknowledge that he is flattered that thellama would not vote to lynch chaindeath. However, He wishes to let his suspicions be known of Matt and Silverwolf. Matt is acting oddly, and chaindeath is not put at ease with any of Matt's posts. Silverwolf seems fishy as well (odd since shes a wolf and all) he is not comfortable with the snap votes as soon as the polls opened.

Also Chaindeath would like to start a discussion about the hosts night powers. Perhaps the flower of the cosmos was able to redirect the night arrest away from the intended target, especially since in the day before she lost quite a bit from her family. He proposes that she is trying to keep her family at a size that would allow for a fighting chance. In the same mannor,he took the cup, that He thinks that the foot-covering used his power to radically harm the her family. He requests your thoughts.
So he says hes read up, appealing to sympathy maybe by mentioning he missed lunch to do so, yet he gives very vague reasoning for the two posters he finds suspect then suggests talking about host night powers, which outside of thinking the arrest was redirected to Tranq by Spacedaisy holds no relevance.

Enrique wrote:Voted RadicalFuzz. No reason.
Enrique wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Both the gleam and ika wagons are highly suspicious/dubious.
I agree with this but I also seem to have missed the Epignosis one being a thing at all.
Enrique wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I'm starting to feel better about an Epi vote than ika. Ika's frustration about all the votes he's getting seems genuine.
Did anyone say... three way tie?
Let's not. Ties are the devil, never mind three way.
Enrique wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I am starting to feel more inclined to vote for Epi, and if I reach a point where I'm confident enough to do that, I will do it.
Is that gonna happen on its own? Are you looking for encouragement?

also why is everyone voting fuzz now wtf i wasnt serious
Enrique votes Fuzz for "no reason", an easy thing to do since Fuzz gave an open invitation for undecided votes to be placed on him. He then engages in talk of ties until the Fuzz CFD picks up and flips out over it, talking about how he doesn't like the looks of it in several more posts after it. In the end he votes for Ika, whose wagon he had said earlier was highly suspicious. Its important to note that at this time he had already requested to be replaced and had talked as if he didn't have the time to be engaged with the game, yet when the Fuzz CFD started up he was in the thick of things trying to stop it.
Turnip Head wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:EVERYONE!!

Can we please start specifying the difference between NK and arrested? If they are different game states (which I think is the case), shit is going to get really confusing down the road if we keep using them interchangeably. Let's not make the game more difficult than needed :P
Well apparently arrests are lynches and they are also the cop version of NK's. Family kills are "hits" but we haven't seen one yet. This answers the question of why the win conditions were properly phrased, but it doesn't answer why we're spending our days trying to get people arrested. Arrests sound like the cop's domain and as I said earlier:

We should be out in the streets gettin shit done instead of helping the cops arrest people. Ain't nobody got time for that.

Sup with all them Gleam votes?
Turnip Head wrote:I don't like that Epignosis has 3 votes. I don't like it one bit :suspish:

Sloonei is supatowning, which means he's either one of our most valuable assets or an undercover cop :ponder: Only time will tell I suppose. He defended his Nerolunar read really well, but I don't like that he's criticizing Epignosis for not agreeing with his read, as if Nero's civvieness is obvious.

I don't really know who I want to vote for. I'm not a fan of any of the major wagons but don't have strong baddie reads on anyone.
Turnip Head wrote:
RadicalFuzz wrote:Turnip the reason you should vote for me is so you stop twiddling your thumbs about who to vote for.
Okay Fuzz... I'm doing it.... :scared:
Turnip head spent the majority of day 2 dissuading people from all of the main lynch choices without providing any real better options. Joined the Fuzz lynch late, which looked to be a case of being cornered into it by his previous comments regarding not wanting to lynch Ika based on his playstyle making that not a really viable option(especially as Fuzz's flip-flop on Ika is the reason his wagon gained steam in the first place) and Fuzz having presented that easy way out at a time when a Fuzz lynch was unlikely.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Hi Soneji. We seem to be in the process of deciding which one of Turnip Head and Boomslang we should lynch first. It's probably time we all started gravitating for a single one of them in the poll. Who do you think it should be?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 129

Post by Soneji »

I think that may be as far as I go trying to do full rereads on the thread. Even with all the dead players its taking too much time and the first two days have given me a strong enough stance on most that I can just go through post histories for anything going forward. Out of all those remaining, S~V~S and Black Rock had the least presence, barely remembered much of what they said. The former at least had a critical enough part in the Fuzz wagon gaining traction that I feel good about putting him in the town pile. Only posts I remember from Black Rock are her calling out TH and Epi for not being on their top game.

Chaindeath, Draconus and Enrique/Boomslang are the ones I feel the strongest about as scumreads. Next level would be Serge and TH. Then Epi and Nero. llama, BR and Scotty are rather null reads. Rest I'm pretty confident as being town.

Return to “Previous Jobs”