[END] Bioshock Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

You and Bioshock: Which have you played and would you be interested in my upcoming sequel?

Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
43%
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
I have played neither - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
7%
I have played neither - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Sockface only - Of course I have played both and am interested, and I will be hosting a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
21%

Total votes: 14
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 159

Re: [NIGHT 3] Bioshock Mafia

Post by Epignosis »

Nevinera wrote:
Snow Dog wrote: I disagree, he could have got the whole update from his team mates even before he logged on here. So Boats is definitely one candidate I will be looking at. Him and Vomps for trying to screw us up in posts counts. A possible baddie tactic.
That timeline actually hadn't occurred to me, and it does make sense.
Your second point is just silly though, the impact of that kind of shenanigan is really low,
and vomps is like that normally.

Epignosis wrote: I don't think he could easily skim 140 posts and summarize each conversation (let alone reflect on the nuances) in 12 minutes. I even showed him the math:
Epignosis wrote: You read about 140 (3.5x40) posts in twelve minutes (720 seconds)? That's little over five seconds per post, never mind the time it took to write your post.
You didn't read shit.
And even so- the poll ended 45 minutes after his post saying that he needed to "catch up." He had time.
You have a good point. I don't think it's fully convincing, because I don't think he actually had to read all of them, or 'synthesize' them himself; people were already doing that in the thread for him.
But the timing is still pretty impressive.
It didn't occur to me for some reason that he might have been talking in chat before logging into the forum.

He's my top suspect at this point anyway. This said, I don't want to have the kind of tunnel vision that I admit I had when Logan got lynched. Screwing up really takes the gung-ho wind out of your sails, you know what I mean? :sigh:

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:
Nevinera wrote:
Snow Dog wrote: I disagree, he could have got the whole update from his team mates even before he logged on here. So Boats is definitely one candidate I will be looking at. Him and Vomps for trying to screw us up in posts counts. A possible baddie tactic.
Your second point is just silly though, the impact of that kind of shenanigan is really low,

Epignosis wrote: I don't think he could easily skim 140 posts and summarize each conversation (let alone reflect on the nuances) in 12 minutes. I even showed him the math:
Epignosis wrote: You read about 140 (3.5x40) posts in twelve minutes (720 seconds)? That's little over five seconds per post, never mind the time it took to write your post.
You didn't read shit.
And even so- the poll ended 45 minutes after his post saying that he needed to "catch up." He had time.
You have a good point. I don't think it's fully convincing, because I don't think he actually had to read all of them, or 'synthesize' them himself; people were already doing that in the thread for him.
It didn't occur to me for some reason that he might have been talking in chat before logging into the forum.

He's my top suspect at this point anyway. This said, I don't want to have the kind of tunnel vision that I admit I had when Logan got lynched. Screwing up really takes the gung-ho wind out of your sails, you know what I mean? :sigh:

I definitely understand this as I have been a very cautious (maybe overly so) voter since I was part of the group that voted off A Person. That said, I don't want to back off someone I have a hunch about and then it is revealed they were bad or rogue the entire time.

Honestly, I think because I am such a cautious voter that it gives people pause. It can be difficult because if you back off someone, everyone thinks you are flipfloppy, but I can't really blame anyone for that.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Snow Dog »

Nevinera wrote:

Yes you maybe right about Vomps. Not totally into him being bad. But if I was bad it might be something I would do. get a possible civ kill or penalty with very little effort. It is worth bearing in mind at the very least alongside other evidence.

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Nevinera wrote:

You didn't read shit.

I definitely understand this as I have been a very cautious (maybe overly so) voter since I was part of the group that voted off A Person. That said, I don't want to back off someone I have a hunch about and then it is revealed they were bad or rogue the entire time.

Honestly, I think because I am such a cautious voter that it gives people pause. It can be difficult because if you back off someone, everyone thinks you are flipfloppy, but I can't really blame anyone for that.

You sneeze you are bad. You fart you are bad. You belch you are bad.

It's how Mafia works. People get so strung up on nonsense, which is why I find this situation to be loony- we have people self-voting, defending self-voters, defending bad guys when they had no reason to, people not talking.

Well I guess I'm doing something different too by being vocal at Night. But I don't care- if I die, I die for a purpose. :slick:

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Nevinera »

Snow Dog wrote: Yes you maybe right about Vomps. Not totally into him being bad. But if I was bad it might be something I would do. get a possible civ kill or penalty with very little effort. It is worth bearing in mind at the very least alongside other evidence.

The thing is, someone's going to be last, whether he tricks them or not. It only makes sense as a ploy if he can trick someone out of winning and his teammate wins, or if he tricks someone into losing when a teammate would have lost.
I regard that kind of foresight as unlikely, compared to the theory of "I was just messing around"

DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 109

Post by DharmaHelper »

Snow Dog wrote:
Nevinera wrote:

Yes you maybe right about Vomps. Not totally into him being bad. But if I was bad it might be something I would do. get a possible civ kill or penalty with very little effort. It is worth bearing in mind at the very least alongside other evidence.

I just want to address the whole Vomps thing for a minute, Snow. I've seen alot of players who develop similar "wacky" personas that people can use to excuse otherwise baddie behavior. They do dumb stuff because they know they can get away with it. I can name a few people off the top of my head who do this and to be quite honest, as the game progresses, that behavior becomes less and less tolerable. I know we're playing a game, but we're also trying to compete when it comes down to it. And when we have people who are not competing, contributing, etc, or who are acting wacky for the sake of acting wacky, it lessens our chances of competing successfully. Because either A) Their acting wacky, catch flak, and are civ or B) Their acting wacky, get excused, and are bad.

our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Nevinera wrote:
Snow Dog wrote: Yes you maybe right about Vomps. Not totally into him being bad. But if I was bad it might be something I would do. get a possible civ kill or penalty with very little effort. It is worth bearing in mind at the very least alongside other evidence.

The thing is, someone's going to be last, whether he tricks them or not. It only makes sense as a ploy if he can trick someone out of winning and his teammate wins, or if he tricks someone into losing when a teammate would have lost.
I regard that kind of foresight as unlikely, compared to the theory of "I was just messing around"

Can someone explain to me what Vomps actually did? I get that it was maybe a trick involving the post number for our event, but I just can't seem to get how he could do that. Even a point to what page he might have done this on would be helpful.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Vompatti wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I told you llama was good.

So now that we all know you were right about llama, is there anyone specifically you are looking at? What are your thoughts on the people who voted for llama. You said your vote would be going to one of them. Do you have any idea which one?

It's a Vompatti trap. he isn't in the event so you probs need to reduce your post count by one.
I aplologgize if I have caused any confusino. I hionesty had no diea I'm not supposed to number my posts. :shrug:
There you go Mongoose. Though for the record I don't buy that it was a sinister attempt to boost/lower any legitimate posts. I still stick by my earlier statement though, that for everything there is a season. A time to be wacky and a time to compete.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Nevinera wrote:

I just want to address the whole Vomps thing for a minute, Snow. I've seen alot of players who develop similar "wacky" personas that people can use to excuse otherwise baddie behavior. They do dumb stuff because they know they can get away with it. I can name a few people off the top of my head who do this and to be quite honest, as the game progresses, that behavior becomes less and less tolerable. I know we're playing a game, but we're also trying to compete when it comes down to it. And when we have people who are not competing, contributing, etc, or who are acting wacky for the sake of acting wacky, it lessens our chances of competing successfully. Because either A) Their acting wacky, catch flak, and are civ or B) Their acting wacky, get excused, and are bad.

Again, I find myself agreeing with this right here.

Wacky is fun, but in Monopoly, so is kicking the banker in the crotch. It may be hilarious as hell, but it sure as shit doesn't help you win.

Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Boomslang »

Snow Dog wrote:
Nevinera wrote:

That's the second time I've noticed you making a point, then backing off from it, Snow Dog. That sort of bland agreeability is starting to seem a bit blendy to me... Of course, I'm still suspicious of Dex, especially after his big "NO U" at me. I mean, come on...
Zany Dex wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Zany Dex wrote:Hahaha. There is no chance in hell I'm being lynched today!!!

Mwahahahha
We'll see about that. *votes Dex*
I think your bad
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I told you llama was good.

So now that we all know you were right about llama, is there anyone specifically you are looking at? What are your thoughts on the people who voted for llama. You said your vote would be going to one of them. Do you have any idea which one?

It's a Vompatti trap. he isn't in the event so you probs need to reduce your post count by one.
I aplologgize if I have caused any confusino. I hionesty had no diea I'm not supposed to number my posts. :shrug:
There you go Mongoose. Though for the record I don't buy that it was a sinister attempt to boost/lower any legitimate posts. I still stick by my earlier statement though, that for everything there is a season. A time to be wacky and a time to compete.

Thanks, DH. He does seem genuinely confused. I think if I wasn't participating, I'd be a little confused/curious too. I've been reading Vomps in this game as innocuously wacky.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Hedgeowl »

Boomslang wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Nevinera wrote:

That's the second time I've noticed you making a point, then backing off from it, Snow Dog. That sort of bland agreeability is starting to seem a bit blendy to me... Of course, I'm still suspicious of Dex, especially after his big "NO U" at me. I mean, come on...
Zany Dex wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Zany Dex wrote:Hahaha. There is no chance in hell I'm being lynched today!!!

Mwahahahha
We'll see about that. *votes Dex*
I think your bad
Are you sure it's not his improper use of "your" that makes you suspect him? :ohyeah:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 3: Smuggler's Hideout

"Me wife, Moira—she's a right pain in the neck. But she's a beauty and she means the world to me. I can't help but feel God's punishing me for bringing her and Patrick to this place. I thought this would be a better life for us. Can you imagine a bigger fool than that?"

Jack arrived at the Fisheries entrance once more. He made his way through the freezer and found the hidden entrance to the smugglers' hideout.

"You got it! Should be smooth sailing from here. I'll meet you up ahead."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lizzy was walking backwards throughout Arcadia. "Hi there!" she would say to others as she passed them by. She would get the occasional weird look, but other than that, hardly any responses.

Eventually, she ran into a Leadhead Splicer. "Hi!" she said, walking backwards past him. He was not amused. He attempted shooting at her a few times, but she was able to avoid them by performing backflips and other similar feats.

"Stop dragging this out and fight me, you bastard!" the Splicer exclaimed. It shot again, this time pelting Lizzy right in the face with a few machine gun bullets. Her body collapsed to the ground and her head leaked out blood, leaving behind a giant puddle surrounding her deformed head.

"I'm right outside the submarine bay, but I can't get in. I'll need you for that. My family can't be more than a hundred yards away!"

Jack continued onward. He made his way through the hideout, picking up two audio diaries along the way, eager to meet up with Atlas.

"Hit the switch up there in the control booth and let me in. I think it's time to shake hands and get acquainted."

Ryan bluntly radioed in return: "You've had your fun, but enough is enough. If you press that button, you'll learn what it means to truly be my enemy."

Jack continued and pressed the button on the control panel. "You blow a fuse up there?" Atlas inquired. "Can't see a damned thing in that booth. Give me a tick and I'll get you out of there. Moira! Can you hear me in there, darling?"

"So dark in here... If only your friend could look up and see you." Ryan taunted. "Maybe you could warn him. If only you could do something... anything... except just stand here and watch him die." Smoke filled the room and Splicers surrounded Atlas below near the sub and Jack above in the control room.

"Splicers! They're everywhere! I can't hold 'em, got to fall back. Get me family out and we'll regroup as soon as we can!"

Jack faced Splicers on his way out. "Get out if you can! Get out and we'll regroup!"

He finally saw the sub. He quickly ran towards it, but then... BOOOOOOOOM! The sub exploded right in front of his eyes.

Atlas screamed in horror: "The sub! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!" The bay was covered in flame.

"You ooze in like an assassin and then you try to sneak out like a thief. You're no CIA spook. Who are you? Why have you come here?" Ryan asked. "There's two ways to deal with a mystery: uncover it or eliminate it."

Atlas was visibly upset. "Get out! Get out and get to Arcadia!! Jesus Christ..."

Audio Diary #11: Peach Wilkins – “Meeting with Fontaine”
Audio Diary #12: Peach Wilkins – “Offered a Deal”

Lizzy has been killed by Leadhead Splicer.

To be continued...
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 3: Fitzpatrick's Requiem

MESSAGE FROM THE HOST:
It is highly suggested to watch this movie.

Elohcin has exploded. She was Kyle Fitzpatrick.

It is now Day 4. You have 48 hours to find a parasite.
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 64

Re: [DAY 4] Bioshock Mafia

Post by Vompatti »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO1!11!11! :overreact:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Well that sucks terribly.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I did not see that coming.

Also, please god let this event be over.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mongoose wrote:I did not see that coming.

Also, please god let this event be over.
I think we have 48 hours to go. Though by all means you can bow out and I'll make the sacrifice of carrying on and winning. For the good of the many the few shall suffer!!

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:Well that sucks terribly.
This is a bunch of shit. I never thought Eloh was bad, but I never pegged her for that lousy ass role. Lizzy is dead by a splicer.

What the hell. Mongoose, you have 48 hours.

Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Elohcin »

Blast! I knew it would happen sooner or later. Have fun y'all!

My last request is that you all go to https://www.facebook.com/MyCakeDecorating, click on cake off, and then type in Tasha Brown. Vote and Share!!!
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

@Epig yeah that sucks about Eloh. She had like a 80% chance of surviving last night or something? Those odds are pretty good, though I guess they're also similar to being hit by a splicer and look how that turned out for Lizzy. :|

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

DharmaHelper wrote:@Epig yeah that sucks about Eloh. She had like a 80% chance of surviving last night or something? Those odds are pretty good, though I guess they're also similar to being hit by a splicer and look how that turned out for Lizzy. :|
I don't understand why the baddies would want Lizzy dead. A lot of us were suspecting her pretty seriously. They must have gotten a good read on her actual role to have wanted her dead so badly.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mongoose wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:@Epig yeah that sucks about Eloh. She had like a 80% chance of surviving last night or something? Those odds are pretty good, though I guess they're also similar to being hit by a splicer and look how that turned out for Lizzy. :|
I don't understand why the baddies would want Lizzy dead. A lot of us were suspecting her pretty seriously. They must have gotten a good read on her actual role to have wanted her dead so badly.

Splicers are civvies yo. I guess one of them was like "fuck it I'mma do what I'mma do". Though I myself was leaning civ on Lizzy, I certainly wasn't prepared to vote for her.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Mongoose wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree and furthermore wish to point out that I was and hopefully still am strongly suspected as Lizzy's (civ) teammate. :srsnod:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Vompatti wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

I wholeheartedly agree and furthermore wish to point out that I was and hopefully still am strongly suspected as Lizzy's (civ) teammate. :srsnod:
Again, the person that capped Lizzy was a civvie, so in actuality, someone had enough confidence in her baddieness to pull the trigger without a lynch. I disagree with that Splicer's decision, but what're ya gonna do ya know? Also, I don't suspect you as Lizzy's teammate civ or otherwise. Can you point out where/who thought this? Seems like an opportunistic thing to say.

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

EBWOP: Aw fuck nevermind. 33.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Flyin' High »

Wow, RIP Elohcin. :( What cruddy luck.

RIPIYWG Lizzy.
ImageImage

Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Oh Elohcin and Lizzy, RIP. Sorry to lose you both in one Night. Your inexplicable actions will be missed Lizzy dear! Off to cake vote before I forgot, Elohcin.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

Hedgeowl wrote:Oh Elohcin and Lizzy, RIP. Sorry to lose you both in one Night. Your inexplicable actions will be missed Lizzy dear! Off to cake vote before I forgot, Elohcin.
Thank you, Hedgeowl. :)
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Dom »

bea wrote:You are pretty intimate with anything that could be associated as a "baddie bea" game - is that what you are seeing from me?

I'm on the fence about you too. tbh. I think we are both wise in being on the fence with each other tbh. I've not seen anything to make me immediately trust you and I know I've left a little to be desired as far as trust goes this game. I'm doing the best I can, I do at least promise you this, if you lynch me, you'll see then I was telling the truth. And you'll be sorry so much time was wasted on me.

I'm not even a good civ to get rid of from a baddie standpoint. I know little and I do little damage.
Bea, it's been awhile since I've played, and I don't remember everyone's play styles, but no this doesn't completely strike me as evil Bea quite yet at least. :)

I'm glad you're on the fence on me. If you had unfounded trust in me, I might find you more suspicious. :p

I'll be looking at Boats (the BTSC thing... although, it could be civ?? could it? I cna't remember), Boo (#1 choice at the mo), and Bullz.

also, ripiywg to lizzy and rip to elo :(
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Elohcin wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:Oh Elohcin and Lizzy, RIP. Sorry to lose you both in one Night. Your inexplicable actions will be missed Lizzy dear! Off to cake vote before I forgot, Elohcin.
Thank you, Hedgeowl. :)
Done! Did you also submit the drunken halloween night cake? Hilarious!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

voted, and i loved your cake!
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

RIP Elohcin.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

RIP Eloh and Lizzy :( Now that Eloh's gone I have a serious risk of losing the contest :( :( And Vomps is hinting strongly about Lizzy so I'm worried that I might have been wrong about her... but clearly a splicer saw fit to kill her so I'm not the only one.

I'm looking at boats and boo today.

9. :sigh:
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

nutella wrote:RIP Eloh and Lizzy :( Now that Eloh's gone I have a serious risk of losing the contest :( :( And Vomps is hinting strongly about Lizzy so I'm worried that I might have been wrong about her... but clearly a splicer saw fit to kill her so I'm not the only one.

I'm looking at boats and boo today.

9. :sigh:
Even after re-reading all the Boo and Boat posts earlier, I have once again mixed them up and have just re-read through all that mess for a third time. I gotta start eating carbs. Anyway, I am leaning towards Boats at this point. But any compelling arguments for Boo could sway me. The Lizzy death really threw me too, so I am now focusing on the B's.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Spacedaisy »

I am really confused. People keep mentioning the civ BTSC possibility, but I don't see it in the roles. Can someone point out what I am missing?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Spacedaisy wrote:I am really confused. People keep mentioning the civ BTSC possibility, but I don't see it in the roles. Can someone point out what I am missing?

The only possibility I see is the Security Bots but it's not stated -- @MP: Do the security bots have btsc with each other??
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

nutella wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:I am really confused. People keep mentioning the civ BTSC possibility, but I don't see it in the roles. Can someone point out what I am missing?

The only possibility I see is the Security Bots but it's not stated -- @MP: Do the security bots have btsc with each other??
I had also thought the S Bots might have BTSC. It isn't necessarily so though I don't think. They may have to work solo. A six team civvie thing would be very powerful.
I don't like it when someone I have suspected gets Nked. At least in this case it was a civvie kill.
And is that a NK reveal of charact6er?

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

Again, the person that capped Lizzy was a civvie, so in actuality, someone had enough confidence in her baddieness to pull the trigger without a lynch. I disagree with that Splicer's decision, but what're ya gonna do ya know? Also, I don't suspect you as Lizzy's teammate civ or otherwise. Can you point out where/who thought this? Seems like an opportunistic thing to say.

I'd have to browse back a lot due to your "event" which I have no interest in doing. Of course it's opportunistic, why else would I have said it?

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Nevinera wrote:

Thanks DH, that pretty much echoes my thoughts. I'm not saying Vomps is bad, but have just got my eye on him. Boats on the other hand has the focus of my attention at the moment and I await his next post.

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

nutella wrote: The only possibility I see is the Security Bots but it's not stated -- @MP: Do the security bots have btsc with each other??
There's another remote possibility from one of the plasmids. That's kind of long odds though.
I'm starting to lean toward boats myself now, though I bea is a contender.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

nutella wrote:

No, they do not.
boo
Loan Shark
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by boo »

Well, prepare for the most clever of defense cases that you will ever read.

1. As has been pointed out, I was not happy about taking a single vote. Perhaps it's because I perceive my role as one that no one (well... maybe a few, there are secrets and I may have missed a few things in a few roles) should want lynched, and certainly shouldn't be putting votes on. No one likes the threat of a lynch switch... among other things.

2. My lynch would almost certainly set the civvies back another lynch, probably even 2, from the position you currently sit at.

3. Even if I am not lynched today, if you don't look to better cases and I am within a certain number - that I already have in mind - of votes to the top vote getter, you can expect me to go out trolling (as I would expect to be killed not long after this lynch if I am within the number of votes).

Now, a few people will probably decide I'm a liar. A few may even take a risk and try to call me out on it, continuing to push for my lynch. If they got their way, I would in exchange for my foolish lynching expect you to lynch off most (not all, certainly there will just be some who do not understand what I am saying and decide to vote for me anyways, but most) of them in the near future, as you figure out who simply was ignorant of my meaning, and who knew exactly what I meant but decided to try and kill me anyways (I think it would be reasonably easy to get it figured out, for the most part).

Do with that what you will.

And: in before 'clearly he has some kind of protect and knows even if he is the top voter getter he will not be lynched'. If I have the most votes, I expect to be lynched like anyone else would, I have no lynch pardon, switch, or ability to end the day early (or anything else you may be able to think of).

Lastly, I feel no need to hold my vote to save myself. Either I won't be near the top of the votes, I will be near the top but not lynched, and then show you why that was a bad idea not long after, or I will be lynched and you'll understand why it was such a bad idea. So, I am once again voting Aces. I like the Boats case, but if it winds up being my last vote, I just want it to feel right, you know?
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nevinera wrote:
nutella wrote: The only possibility I see is the Security Bots but it's not stated -- @MP: Do the security bots have btsc with each other??
There's another remote possibility from one of the plasmids. That's kind of long odds though.
I'm starting to lean toward boats myself now, though I bea is a contender.

Could someone summarize the case on bea? BoatsBoatsBoats is still my #1 suspect. I also believe it is likely that boo or Bullzeye was a teammate of birdwithteeth11.

These are suspects that begin with a B this time. :guitar: [/Discipline]

Addendum: boo :eek:

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Epignosis wrote: Could someone summarize the case on bea? BoatsBoatsBoats is still my #1 suspect. I also believe it is likely that boo or Bullzeye was a teammate of birdwithteeth11.

The case on Bea is very similar to the case on Boo and Bullz - she voted against BWT near the end of a very contested lynch. Her timing was such that it made sense for her to be trying to pull out a save. The reason I prefer her over the others is only that her reaction to the flip seems rather unauthentic to me - I know that's an annoying thing to try to argue with, and it's not a strong point, but it's something. Do you have additional reasons to prefer boo/bull that are less perceptual than that? I really prefer to make decisions on facts rather than perception when possible..

I'd be almost as enthusiastic to vote for Bullzeye if it came to that though, and I currently expect to vote for Boats today largely on the strength of your post-timing case.

Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Lizzy »

You've taken your eye off the ball... AVENGE ME!

Thanks for the fun game, guys! :hugs: I must say I'm surprised my approach got me this far. I might be haunting around in red from time to time.
17.74 (two)
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Nevinera wrote:
Epignosis wrote: Could someone summarize the case on bea? BoatsBoatsBoats is still my #1 suspect. I also believe it is likely that boo or Bullzeye was a teammate of birdwithteeth11.

The case on Bea is very similar to the case on Boo and Bullz - she voted against BWT near the end of a very contested lynch. Her timing was such that it made sense for her to be trying to pull out a save. The reason I prefer her over the others is only that her reaction to the flip seems rather unauthentic to me - I know that's an annoying thing to try to argue with, and it's not a strong point, but it's something. Do you have additional reasons to prefer boo/bull that are less perceptual than that? I really prefer to make decisions on facts rather than perception when possible..

I'd be almost as enthusiastic to vote for Bullzeye if it came to that though, and I currently expect to vote for Boats today largely on the strength of your post-timing case.

Me too. Boats is still who I see as most potentially culpable. I will probably vote early, which will hopefully not set off a poopstorm, but I'm going away for the weekend. I'll consider the other B's for next vote though.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

I don't know when I'll lose service, but I've been told it'll be hard to get internet where I'm going. Should be back tomorrow afternoon before the vote.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

boo wrote:Well, prepare for the most clever of defense cases that you will ever read.

1. As has been pointed out, I was not happy about taking a single vote. Perhaps it's because I perceive my role as one that no one (well... maybe a few, there are secrets and I may have missed a few things in a few roles) should want lynched, and certainly shouldn't be putting votes on. No one likes the threat of a lynch switch... among other things.

2. My lynch would almost certainly set the civvies back another lynch, probably even 2, from the position you currently sit at.

3. Even if I am not lynched today, if you don't look to better cases and I am within a certain number - that I already have in mind - of votes to the top vote getter, you can expect me to go out trolling (as I would expect to be killed not long after this lynch if I am within the number of votes).

Now, a few people will probably decide I'm a liar. A few may even take a risk and try to call me out on it, continuing to push for my lynch. If they got their way, I would in exchange for my foolish lynching expect you to lynch off most (not all, certainly there will just be some who do not understand what I am saying and decide to vote for me anyways, but most) of them in the near future, as you figure out who simply was ignorant of my meaning, and who knew exactly what I meant but decided to try and kill me anyways (I think it would be reasonably easy to get it figured out, for the most part).

Do with that what you will.

And: in before 'clearly he has some kind of protect and knows even if he is the top voter getter he will not be lynched'. If I have the most votes, I expect to be lynched like anyone else would, I have no lynch pardon, switch, or ability to end the day early (or anything else you may be able to think of).

Lastly, I feel no need to hold my vote to save myself. Either I won't be near the top of the votes, I will be near the top but not lynched, and then show you why that was a bad idea not long after, or I will be lynched and you'll understand why it was such a bad idea. So, I am once again voting Aces. I like the Boats case, but if it winds up being my last vote, I just want it to feel right, you know?

This is interesting, Boo. I can't tell if you're hinting at a role because you said something about a "threat of a lynch switch" and yet you say you don't have anything that would stop your lynch. :confused: I'm not sure what to think of this really. But I'm leaning towards buying it for now and going for a Boats lynch today (I think I suspect him more than you anyway).

Image Image Image Image
Image Image
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 138

Post by thellama73 »

Hedgeowl wrote:I don't know when I'll lose service, but I've been told it'll be hard to get internet where I'm going.
That sounds really ominous. "There won't be any internet where you're going!"
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”