Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: [DAY 8] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Sloonei »

I might put Epi and sig ahead of chaindeath on the lynching block
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I don't agree with your assumption. thellama73 vouched smugly for TH and without much reason. TH wasn't lynched.
True.
Epignosis wrote:I'm flying with simple explanations and will not be voting for Turnip Head.
Agreed.
Epignosis wrote:Still amazed you're still around.
Likewise. At least baddies can question my role in this game, literally to include what my night actions might be if any or even what my alignment is. Why do you think you're still here? You don't often see Day 8.
Not in speed games, no, but I last a long time in full games. In all the full games I've played, I've made it past Day 8 in well over half of them. I've only won once as a civilian in a full game- all other wins were Mafia. I'd prefer such statistics not be used against me. :p
Why is your natural response to refer to past games for rather than anything particular to this one?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 281
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

No more meatballs for me!

So this game is wholly frustrating. Rip Indi and llama. Another double kill? I should take the police chief with me when I go gambling, with that 20% chance working so often.

Why am I still alive? I rarely last this long.

Boomslang
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 540

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:I might put Epi and sig ahead of chaindeath on the lynching block
What's your case for Epi? I am not opposed.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
I'm not sure yet.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Scotty wrote:Why am I still alive? I rarely last this long.
Don't ask, but answer. Why are you still alive?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Epignosis wrote:Not in speed games, no, but I last a long time in full games. In all the full games I've played, I've made it past Day 8 in well over half of them.
In how many of those full games were you a civilian? Don't restrict yourself just to "lived until Day 8", but broaden it to "survived a while".
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I'm still alive because of my exuding charisma, I think.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:Assuming llama was specifically chosen for the kill by the chief, my immediate inclination is to assume it was intended to frame Quin, who has enough enemies remaining in the thread that him just killing a threat isn't a strategically viable solution as a baddie. indiglo being killed was likely the result of her being well out of lynch territory.

If you're a highly-trusted player and you're not dead, I recommend you re-calibrate your reads. Someone is probably letting you stick around because they expect you to do something detrimental to your team.
Or that they're eliminating people that are pushing for lynches for people.
But I have had more interest in Quin for longer, so why wasn't I killed earlier? Why is Pirsoner not dead yet? Why does Starbucks have a secret menu?

There's might be validity in the framing Quin thinking. But I'm honestly floundering either way. Things look bleak, but a Boom lynch will help frame a few things at least.

Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
I'm not sure yet.
Do you specifically think of them as a team or separate suspects?
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Scotty wrote:Things look bleak, but a Boom lynch will help frame a few things at least.
"Framing a few things" is not good enough. A mislynch would be doom to the town cause. What exactly do you mean by this and why is it a valid reason to lynch Boomslang?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Quin wrote:I'm still alive because of my exuding charisma, I think.
I'd like to pick door number 3 please, Monty.
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
I'm not completely trusted by everyone yet.

More importantly, why is SVS still alive? I think she is on most everyone's civ list, and I don't think she is a don.

Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:Assuming llama was specifically chosen for the kill by the chief, my immediate inclination is to assume it was intended to frame Quin, who has enough enemies remaining in the thread that him just killing a threat isn't a strategically viable solution as a baddie. indiglo being killed was likely the result of her being well out of lynch territory.

If you're a highly-trusted player and you're not dead, I recommend you re-calibrate your reads. Someone is probably letting you stick around because they expect you to do something detrimental to your team.
Or that they're eliminating people that are pushing for lynches for people.
But I have had more interest in Quin for longer, so why wasn't I killed earlier? Why is Pirsoner not dead yet? Why does Starbucks have a secret menu?

There's might be validity in the framing Quin thinking. But I'm honestly floundering either way. Things look bleak, but a Boom lynch will help frame a few things at least.
I'm not 100 percent sure llamas arrest was an attempt to frame me, but assuming it was I'd say that llama was pretty much sold on voting me every day. Everyone else was tossing around the idea of other lynch options.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Quin wrote:
I'm not sure yet.
Do you specifically think of them as a team or separate suspects?
Separate suspects. I've seen nothing to suggest they can't be a team, but I don't like to pair people together as teammates when they're both still alive.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:Separate suspects. I've seen nothing to suggest they can't be a team, but I don't like to pair people together as teammates when they're both still alive.
I would nearly always agree, but I do think things are quite dire here and some forward thinking is necessary. When I think of Epignosis as a suspect, it's easier to rationalize when I pair him with sig.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote:
Quin wrote:I'm still alive because of my exuding charisma, I think.
I'd like to pick door number 3 please, Monty.
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
I'm not completely trusted by everyone yet.

More importantly, why is SVS still alive? I think she is on most everyone's civ list, and I don't think she is a don.
Indi was the safe and trusted townie I was least trusting of. Now that she's gone I am more wary of SVS.

On Day 2 we lynched a bad guy and had 3 suspects who all looked bad during the commotion of it. It's Day 8 and all 3 of those suspects are still alive. What happened?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Separate suspects. I've seen nothing to suggest they can't be a team, but I don't like to pair people together as teammates when they're both still alive.
I would nearly always agree, but I do think things are quite dire here and some forward thinking is necessary. When I think of Epignosis as a suspect, it's easier to rationalize when I pair him with sig.
How would your color your read that the two of them are cop partners on the cop partners rainbow list?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
How would your color your read that the two of them are cop partners on the cop partners rainbow list?
I'm not sure I understand the question. If you're asking for an actual color, then I have no idea really. That's a confusing dynamic to conceive of in my head -- a rainbow list for possible baddie combinations. :huh:

I do think Epignosis's "fervor" for lynching sig has often been without regard for thread data and looks more like a vendetta, which might indicate he already knows the answer.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

I don't know what's been going on in the slammer, but I hope the boys find their way out again soon.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I want to know what Epi's thoughts are on Day 6 and the way the thread devolved into a whole lot of ika & silverwolf nonsense. He was kind of the catalyst of it all, I'd like to know what he has to say about it now.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Soneji, say a thing!
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 494

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I don't agree with your assumption. thellama73 vouched smugly for TH and without much reason. TH wasn't lynched.
True.
Epignosis wrote:I'm flying with simple explanations and will not be voting for Turnip Head.
Agreed.
Likewise. At least baddies can question my role in this game, literally to include what my night actions might be if any or even what my alignment is. Why do you think you're still here? You don't often see Day 8.
Not in speed games, no, but I last a long time in full games. In all the full games I've played, I've made it past Day 8 in well over half of them. I've only won once as a civilian in a full game- all other wins were Mafia. I'd prefer such statistics not be used against me. :p
Why is your natural response to refer to past games for rather than anything particular to this one?
The questioner alluded to past games. I looked at all the full games I've been in to see how long I lasted before I answered. I often see Day 8 in full games. It usually means I'm bad or I'm bad. Two different definitions on those adjectives. I'll let you work it out. ;)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
True.
Agreed.
The questioner alluded to past games. I looked at all the full games I've been in to see how long I lasted before I answered. I often see Day 8 in full games. It usually means I'm bad or I'm bad. Two different definitions on those adjectives. I'll let you work it out. ;)
But he also asked why you're still around in this game right now and you didn't answer that part.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Quin wrote:
What's your case? I'm not opposed. :|
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Quin wrote:Soneji, say a thing!
It helps to accuse. And I have an accusation:

soneji, your that your content is limited isn't alone a damning thing. However, I would state that your posts are perhaps the most emotionless in this game right now. Why does that matter to me?

The hallmark, perhaps even "tell", in my own baddie game is the total absence of emotion in favor of clinical logic and nothing but. This game has gotten progressively worse for the civilian faction(s) and I don't see that in your posts; it's like you're just checking the boxes.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
True.
Agreed.
But he also asked why you're still around in this game right now and you didn't answer that part.
Neither did you. :meany:

It's idle speculation. I'm not going to guess why I'm still here. If you're not satisfied with my answer, I've won one full game as a civilian. I've won several as Mafia. So I usually win full games because I'm evil. I do last beyond Night 8, however, regardless of alignment.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:
Wilgy is my case.
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I underlined what I did to highlight Harry Potter and WWE- civilian in both, and left alone for most of the game to suck.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Scotty wrote:Things look bleak, but a Boom lynch will help frame a few things at least.
"Framing a few things" is not good enough. A mislynch would be doom to the town cause. What exactly do you mean by this and why is it a valid reason to lynch Boomslang?
:disappoint: come on, prisoner. Nothing looks civvy about Boom, and we have tried in fractured confidences to lynch him 3 days in a row now, and something always seems to happen: "heMs practically inactive, so why not eliminate other surefire ones?" I don't give a shit. He's bad. I want him gone regardless. I'm gonna get pissy if Boom is not lynched today.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Not in speed games, no, but I last a long time in full games. In all the full games I've played, I've made it past Day 8 in well over half of them.
In how many of those full games were you a civilian? Don't restrict yourself just to "lived until Day 8", but broaden it to "survived a while".
I'll have to look again. Let the Magic finish and I'll get back to you.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Scotty wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
:disappoint: come on, prisoner. Nothing looks civvy about Boom, and we have tried in fractured confidences to lynch him 3 days in a row now, and something always seems to happen: "heMs practically inactive, so why not eliminate other surefire ones?" I don't give a shit. He's bad. I want him gone regardless. I'm gonna get pissy if Boom is not lynched today.
I'm not opposing the Boomslang lynch here. I am questioning you. My concern in this conversation is the player Scotty.

What did you mean by "framing things"?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Never mind. Magic blowing out the Bulls. Not interested.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
True.
Agreed.
Neither did you. :meany:

It's idle speculation. I'm not going to guess why I'm still here. If you're not satisfied with my answer, I've won one full game as a civilian. I've won several as Mafia. So I usually win full games because I'm evil. I do last beyond Night 8, however, regardless of alignment.
Did you want me to answer? Why do you think I'm still here?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Quin wrote:
Wilgy is my case.
Elaborate that thang
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
I'm not opposing the Boomslang lynch here. I am questioning you. My concern in this conversation is the player Scotty.

Giving us perspective. At this point there is nothing tangible to pull from besides Fuzz. I can only analyze so much when we've done nothing but speculate to no avail since day 2.

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Scotty wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:

Giving us perspective. At this point there is nothing tangible to pull from besides Fuzz. I can only analyze so much when we've done nothing but speculate to no avail since day 2.
You think we've learned nothing since Day 2?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
I'll have to look again. Let the Magic finish and I'll get back to you.
I don't know what "a while" means, so I'm going to be comprehensive:

On the Syndicate in full games, I've been a civilian six times, won once. I've been Mafia five times, won thrice. I've been independent four times (wow, didn't realize that), and won once as a recruit (started out as a civilian).

In all of those cases, I lasted until the late half of the game, except in Monty Python, when I was a serial killer and killed early.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:Did you want me to answer? Why do you think I'm still here?
I don't care if you answer or not. Don't have at me for not answering though.

I don't know why you're still here. Are you a Don? Don't answer that.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Epignosis wrote:I don't know what "a while" means, so I'm going to be comprehensive:

On the Syndicate in full games, I've been a civilian six times, won once. I've been Mafia five times, won thrice. I've been independent four times (wow, didn't realize that), and won once as a recruit (started out as a civilian).

In all of those cases, I lasted until the late half of the game, except in Monty Python, when I was a serial killer and killed early.
Thanks.

You suggested earlier that when you've survived later into a game it has meant that you're either bad (aligned) or bad (at lynching baddies). Do you think the latter applies in this game, and if so what have your errors/failures been?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:

I'm more coming at you for answering one half of the question but not the other half. To me it looks like you're trying to appeal to the past to reassure skeptical townies about you rather than addressing things in the present.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I'm more coming at you for answering one half of the question but not the other half. To me it looks like you're trying to appeal to the past to reassure skeptical townies about you rather than addressing things in the present.
"Why are you still here?" is a stupid question to ask someone. It's a cloudy accusation that you can't defend against if you're a player who doesn't make it far. You don't know why you're here. I don't know why I'm here.

Sorry- dumbass thing to speculate. I'm here because I didn't get arrested or lynched yet. That's why.

Do you want to lynch me?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

"Why are you still here?" is a stupid question to ask someone. It's a cloudy accusation that you can't defend against if you're a player who doesn't make it far. You don't know why you're here. I don't know why I'm here.

Sorry- dumbass thing to speculate. I'm here because I didn't get arrested or lynched yet. That's why.

Do you want to lynch me?
But you still attempted to answer it and give a justification as to why you're alive, you just did it by explaining that this happens a lot, like you're just trying to brush it off by telling us not to worry about you. That makes me worry about you. I might want to lynch you. We have quite a few bad guys left to lynch and a shrinking list of candidates. You're definitely not exempt.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I don't know what "a while" means, so I'm going to be comprehensive:

Thanks.

You suggested earlier that when you've survived later into a game it has meant that you're either bad (aligned) or bad (at lynching baddies). Do you think the latter applies in this game, and if so what have your errors/failures been?
Neither this time about. Mafia are not paying attention. You're still here. I don't think they realize they can arrest you.

Then again, they arrested llama and indiglo, which I think was smart.

****There were a few special cases. In WWE I was Hulk Hogan, civilian killer, but S~V~S's team had me figured out early on and serial blocked me. Also, Harry Potter everybody knows about. :disappoint:

Since we're playing this inane game, why do you think you are still alive?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Do you want to lynch me?
But you still attempted to answer it and give a justification as to why you're alive, you just did it by explaining that this happens a lot, like you're just trying to brush it off by telling us not to worry about you. That makes me worry about you. I might want to lynch you. We have quite a few bad guys left to lynch and a shrinking list of candidates. You're definitely not exempt.
Who is exempt?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Do you want to lynch me?
Sloonei. I also don't think the Prisoner is a cop.
Who is exempt?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I did that right.

EBWOP: "Sloonei. I also don't think the prisoner is a cop."
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Do you think my concern and the point I just raised against you are legitimate and sensible?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Sloonei wrote:Do you think my concern and the point I just raised against you are legitimate and sensible?
You didn't raise a point against me. You asked me a couple of questions.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Epignosis wrote:Since we're playing this inane game
I don't disagree that it's a loaded question and generally impossible to answer. In this case, that's the whole point. I don't expect an "answer" and that's not what I'm looking for.
Epignosis wrote:why do you think you are still alive?
If I had to guess: the baddies don't think I have night actions and/or don't think that I am town-aligned, and thus view me as a less pertinent arrest than someone who they know definitely fits either of those descriptions. I won't comment on the "wisdom" of those assumptions if they're being made though.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Epignosis wrote:Mafia are not paying attention.
What does this have to do with you?

Return to “Previous Jobs”