[END] Bioshock Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

You and Bioshock: Which have you played and would you be interested in my upcoming sequel?

Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
43%
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
I have played neither - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
7%
I have played neither - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Sockface only - Of course I have played both and am interested, and I will be hosting a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
21%

Total votes: 14
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 58

Re: [DAY 4] Bioshock Mafia

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Lizzy wrote:You've taken your eye off the ball... AVENGE ME!

Thanks for the fun game, guys! :hugs: I must say I'm surprised my approach got me this far. I might be haunting around in red from time to time.
17.74 (two)
You're welcome to join me at the zombie bar if you'd like. :martini:

Don't worry. It's only laced with cyanide. :feb:
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 109

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mongoose wrote:
nutella wrote:RIP Eloh and Lizzy :( Now that Eloh's gone I have a serious risk of losing the contest :( :( And Vomps is hinting strongly about Lizzy so I'm worried that I might have been wrong about her... but clearly a splicer saw fit to kill her so I'm not the only one.

I'm looking at boats and boo today.

9. :sigh:
Even after re-reading all the Boo and Boat posts earlier, I have once again mixed them up and have just re-read through all that mess for a third time. I gotta start eating carbs. Anyway, I am leaning towards Boats at this point. But any compelling arguments for Boo could sway me. The Lizzy death really threw me too, so I am now focusing on the B's.

You don't see my case against boo as compelling? I'm offended! On a serious note, his defense seems to have gone from "Nope not defending myself" to "Fuck you lol lynch me IDK eat a dong". Neither are very civvie ways to play and one is a very rude way to play. Boats may be bad but I feel my case on boo is strong, and I feel his recent posts have been worthy of a slap in the face :P vote boo
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

LYNCH EVERYONE! EVERYBODY DIES!!!!
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Bullzeye »

Mongoose wrote:
Me too. Boats is still who I see as most potentially culpable. I will probably vote early, which will hopefully not set off a poopstorm, but I'm going away for the weekend. I'll consider the other B's for next vote though.

I still think Boats is suspcious but I'm pretty much the reverse of where you're at. I'd like to see Boo or Bea lynched today in the hope that one of them is BWT's teammate.
nutella wrote: This is interesting, Boo. I can't tell if you're hinting at a role because you said something about a "threat of a lynch switch" and yet you say you don't have anything that would stop your lynch. :confused: I'm not sure what to think of this really. But I'm leaning towards buying it for now and going for a Boats lynch today (I think I suspect him more than you anyway).

I sort of lean away from believing him. Anyone under suspicion could come out and make claims like that and the only way to verify them is to lynch him. I think he's just trying to scare people off tbh and it won't work on me.

Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
nutella wrote:RIP Eloh and Lizzy :( Now that Eloh's gone I have a serious risk of losing the contest :( :( And Vomps is hinting strongly about Lizzy so I'm worried that I might have been wrong about her... but clearly a splicer saw fit to kill her so I'm not the only one.

Even after re-reading all the Boo and Boat posts earlier, I have once again mixed them up and have just re-read through all that mess for a third time. I gotta start eating carbs. Anyway, I am leaning towards Boats at this point. But any compelling arguments for Boo could sway me. The Lizzy death really threw me too, so I am now focusing on the B's.

You don't see my case against boo as compelling? I'm offended! On a serious note, his defense seems to have gone from "Nope not defending myself" to "Fuck you lol lynch me IDK eat a dong". Neither are very civvie ways to play and one is a very rude way to play. Boats may be bad but I feel my case on boo is strong, and I feel his recent posts have been worthy of a slap in the face :P vote boo
Don't be so funny - I work in a library! I did literally LOL at your fake Boo Radley quote. I do find it compelling, I just felt more drawn toward Boats this time. I will definitely focus on the other Bs next time for sure. Maybe Boats and Boo Radley are both ones to vote for.

Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mongoose wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

Don't be so funny - I work in a library! I did literally LOL at your fake Boo Radley quote. I do find it compelling, I just felt more drawn toward Boats this time. I will definitely focus on the other Bs next time for sure. Maybe Boats and Boo Radley are both ones to vote for.

I could see the Boats thing if there was something other than "He sped through that read up and seems to have a grasp on things, must be btsc". Also, the source of the Boats suspicion is nutella I think (she was the first to point out how Boats may have BTSC right?), and I'm not getting groovy vibes from her atm based on her Epig comment and subsequent explanation. I can see a scenario wherein Boats is bad and everything, but One piece of evidence is just not enough at this stage of the game to make me vote that way. Also having prepared this post as a response to you, I noticed Vomp say he'd have to go back and reread stuff involved in the event in order to address my question about who pinned him and Lizzy as teammates. I don't think that's the case. If Vomp posted "people think Lizzy and I were civ teammates" then surely he has an idea of which people said that.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

I was in a library when I read that, and I laughed. :haha:

DharmaHelper- there is so little "evidence" because it is Day 4 and BoatsBoatsBoats has posted a grand total of seven times. His third one smells funny to me:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 735#p23735

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

DharmaHelper- there is so little "evidence" because it is Day 4 and BoatsBoatsBoats has posted a grand total of seven times. His third one smells funny to me:

Yeah, that does seem like an inordinately low post count. I think we need a bigger Boats? I will admit to being slightly swayed to the Boo Radley side, so now I am dead even on Boo/Boats.There's copious amounts of information and arguments to/for each one, so I think I just need to marinate upon it a bit.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epig you make a great point about Boat's post count. I am, if its not totally obvious by now, of the mind that participation and contribution are paramount, with a few very specific exceptions. If we saw more from Boats I would be more than happy to swing one way or the other.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Snow Dog »

DharmaHelper wrote:Epig you make a great point about Boat's post count. I am, if its not totally obvious by now, of the mind that participation and contribution are paramount, with a few very specific exceptions. If we saw more from Boats I would be more than happy to swing one way or the other.

Yes. I am also waiting to Hear from him. Though there is still plenty of time. I see there are some early votes in already.

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote:

I agree with this. Boats only has a few posts, and pretty much all of them ping me in some way or another. Another point worth mentioning is his self-vote, which I know was discussed as a wifom/risky thing to do, but combined with the rest of his oddness only makes him look worse IMO.

I'm still not sure what to think about Boo. DH may be right to think it's BS. But I'm also still looking a bit at Bullzeye:
Bullzeye wrote: I still think Boats is suspcious but I'm pretty much the reverse of where you're at. I'd like to see Boo or Bea lynched today in the hope that one of them is BWT's teammate.
This just rubs me the wrong way. He wants to lynch either Boo or Bea even though he is basically in the same boat as them, "in hopes that" one of them is BWT's teammate -- seems like he wants to discredit the possibility that he's BWT's teammate. :eye:

to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

DharmaHelper wrote:Epig you make a great point about Boat's post count. I am, if its not totally obvious by now, of the mind that participation and contribution are paramount, with a few very specific exceptions. If we saw more from Boats I would be more than happy to swing one way or the other.

We've been name-checking B&B for ages. Boo came over to defend himself, but not a peep yet from Boats. I'm going to wait as long as I can to vote, but will still need to vote kinda early.

Good points, nutella. Maybe I should just vote early and quit waffling. Let's be brave and just put it out there. Do you think we need to give them more time to respond though since the vote ends over a day from now though?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

nutella wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I agree with this. Boats only has a few posts, and pretty much all of them ping me in some way or another. Another point worth mentioning is his self-vote, which I know was discussed as a wifom/risky thing to do, but combined with the rest of his oddness only makes him look worse IMO.

I'm still not sure what to think about Boo. DH may be right to think it's BS. But I'm also still looking a bit at Bullzeye:
Bullzeye wrote: I still think Boats is suspcious but I'm pretty much the reverse of where you're at. I'd like to see Boo or Bea lynched today in the hope that one of them is BWT's teammate.
This just rubs me the wrong way. He wants to lynch either Boo or Bea even though he is basically in the same boat as them, "in hopes that" one of them is BWT's teammate -- seems like he wants to discredit the possibility that he's BWT's teammate. :eye:

I don't think I understand. He doesn't say he is in the same boat as them. What is wrong with hoping that Boo or Bea is one of BWT's team mates?

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

nutella wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I know I'm not BWT's teammate, hence why I didn't put myself as a possibility. I'm not seriously going to suggest you lynch me even if I was a baddie, am I? I think if we lynch one of those two and find them to be BWT's teammate the other is unlikely to be as I don't personally think his whole team voted the same way, it's too much of a risk for them.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Bullzeye wrote:
nutella wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I know I'm not BWT's teammate, hence why I didn't put myself as a possibility. I'm not seriously going to suggest you lynch me even if I was a baddie, am I? I think if we lynch one of those two and find them to be BWT's teammate the other is unlikely to be as I don't personally think his whole team voted the same way, it's too much of a risk for them.

I think it's more about the perception of other players on why you could be in the same theoretical boat as Boo and Bea. While it would be a big risk for BWT's team to all vote the same way, it might be an ingenious tactic for them to do so. Do something so blatantly pingy that we literally wouldn't believe they would do it.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Mongoose wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
nutella wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I think it's more about the perception of other players on why you could be in the same theoretical boat as Boo and Bea. While it would be a big risk for BWT's team to all vote the same way, it might be an ingenious tactic for them to do so. Do something so blatantly pingy that we literally wouldn't believe they would do it.

I know people are looking at me for the same reasons they're looking at Boo and Bea, I've never denied that and have defended against their claims as much as I possibly can. But I still think the cases made against my boatmates are solid and one of them probably was trying to save BWT. You could be right that both BWT's teammates voted to save him but personally I think it's too big a risk for a team to do something like that, they'd have known that anyone who tried to help BWT or looked like they were doing that would be thrust into the spotlight after his role was revealed.

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Snow Dog wrote: I don't think I understand. He doesn't say he is in the same boat as them. What is wrong with hoping that Boo or Bea is one of BWT's team mates?

Of course he doesn't say he is. But he was one of the last few voters for Aces during BWT's lynch -- in fact, Boo voted before him. And at the time he voted he caused Aces to be tied with BWT. So there's no denying that there is reason to suspect him for that same reason those other B's are being looked at. Sure, if he is indeed civ, he'd have legit reason to go after Boo and Bea. But if he's not, he's surely trying to funnel the attention onto Boo and Bea and away from himself.

Then again, you may have a point... if Boo/Bea is lynched and flips as BWT's teammate, it would look good for Bullz (though there would be one teammate left), and if one of them is lynched and flips civ, it would look bad for him, so surely he wouldn't be pushing for it so much. Idk, I've confused myself now, lol, guess I'll stick with boats and boo for now.

..linki @ Bullz: Yeah, what Mongoose said, actually. Great point. As I said, if boo or bea flips as a teammate, it would basically clear you, so perhaps that is what you planned as a huge WIFOM tactic.
ugh more linki, point still stands

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

nutella wrote:
Snow Dog wrote: I don't think I understand. He doesn't say he is in the same boat as them. What is wrong with hoping that Boo or Bea is one of BWT's team mates?

Of course he doesn't say he is. But he was one of the last few voters for Aces during BWT's lynch -- in fact, Boo voted before him. And at the time he voted he caused Aces to be tied with BWT. So there's no denying that there is reason to suspect him for that same reason those other B's are being looked at. Sure, if he is indeed civ, he'd have legit reason to go after Boo and Bea. But if he's not, he's surely trying to funnel the attention onto Boo and Bea and away from himself.

Then again, you may have a point... if Boo/Bea is lynched and flips as BWT's teammate, it would look good for Bullz (though there would be one teammate left), and if one of them is lynched and flips civ, it would look bad for him, so surely he wouldn't be pushing for it so much. Idk, I've confused myself now, lol, guess I'll stick with boats and boo for now.

..linki @ Bullz: Yeah, what Mongoose said, actually. Great point. As I said, if boo or bea flips as a teammate, it would basically clear you, so perhaps that is what you planned as a huge WIFOM tactic.
ugh more linki, point still stands

I'm far too paranoid to play a tactic like that because it's too big a risk and I tend to be quite a careful baddie. Massive WIFOM I know but it's true and the only way I can really respond to that. Also, I genuinely think one of them might be BWT's teammate. Why wouldn't I be trying to get attention on them and off me when I know I'm not the right person to be looking at? I want us to lynch a baddie today.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mongoose wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
nutella wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I am actually leaning towards if one of the people in my original case is bwt's team mate, then someone else in that net is also bwt's teammate. I have a hard time believing with the vote that close, and the game that young, bwt's team hung him out to dry. If it were me I would have done anything and everything this early to keep a teammate alive and would have just rolled with the punches depending on how Ace flipped. I guess I could be mistaken, but I'm 70% sure both teammates are in that pool, and 99% sure at least one is.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Nevinera »

DharmaHelper wrote:
I am actually leaning towards if one of the people in my original case is bwt's team mate, then someone else in that net is also bwt's teammate. I have a hard time believing with the vote that close, and the game that young, bwt's team hung him out to dry. If it were me I would have done anything and everything this early to keep a teammate alive and would have just rolled with the punches depending on how Ace flipped. I guess I could be mistaken, but I'm 70% sure both teammates are in that pool, and 99% sure at least one is.

I'm with you on the latter, but I don't think most baddie teams would gamble to that degree. In fact, if it were my team, one of us would have tried to save, and the other would have been among the most strident accusers (but not me!), trying to build sufficient credit to make it alone if the save fails. On the other hand, if we get one of them, the odds of finding another in the remaining two still seem high enough that I'd give that a shot with you. Better than guessing, for sure.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Nevinera wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

I'm with you on the latter, but I don't think most baddie teams would gamble to that degree. In fact, if it were my team, one of us would have tried to save, and the other would have been among the most strident accusers (but not me!), trying to build sufficient credit to make it alone if the save fails. On the other hand, if we get one of them, the odds of finding another in the remaining two still seem high enough that I'd give that a shot with you. Better than guessing, for sure.

One thing I'd like to do is pursue the Dex voters analysis. Unfortunately the nature of the contest and my nature of wanting to win the damn thing will cheapen whatever I put out at this point so I'd rather wait to do that. On the other hand, if someone else wants to put something like that out, I'd love to give it a look see.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Nevinera wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

As it was so close run a gamble was possibly worthwhile. By gamble I mean have more than one teammate vote for Aces. So I'm with DH on that one.

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Nevinera wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

One thing I'd like to do is pursue the Dex voters analysis. Unfortunately the nature of the contest and my nature of wanting to win the damn thing will cheapen whatever I put out at this point so I'd rather wait to do that. On the other hand, if someone else wants to put something like that out, I'd love to give it a look see.

I think for a lot of us, the Dex vote was a "flying by the seat of your pants" vote. It was before the BBB saga had really gotten underway. I know I was torn between Lizzy and Dex at that time. It's not like we had nothing to go on, but it was the only option for a real ping (in my case anywa).

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mongoose wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Nevinera wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

I think for a lot of us, the Dex vote was a "flying by the seat of your pants" vote. It was before the BBB saga had really gotten underway. I know I was torn between Lizzy and Dex at that time. It's not like we had nothing to go on, but it was the only option for a real ping (in my case anywa).

Well the only reason I feel the Dex voters need a looking at is I want to give everyone a fair shake. I don't like when I get tunnel vision and it ends up lynching civs. I suppose it comes down to that thing I mentioned earlier about the confidence I have in my game.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Nevinera wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:

Well the only reason I feel the Dex voters need a looking at is I want to give everyone a fair shake. I don't like when I get tunnel vision and it ends up lynching civs. I suppose it comes down to that thing I mentioned earlier about the confidence I have in my game.

I definitely understand that as Head Waffler. I still feel so bad about A Person, even though that was a few days ago. Do you feel like you have tunnel vision about Boo? We've analyzed it to death, so I wouldn't think so, but just checking.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

DH. I will have to go back and look at the Dex vote. I don't remember a thing about it. Which lynch was it?

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Snow Dog wrote:DH. I will have to go back and look at the Dex vote. I don't remember a thing about it. Which lynch was it?

I think it was Day 2? It was after the A Person lynch and wasn't yesterday's lynch. I don't really suspect him anymore but had my reasons at the time (see above if you missed the post).

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

@Mongoose

I feel like I have all my ducks in a row with boo. So if in fact I am wrong, it's not without having done my due diligence, and boo's behavior has done him no favors. In response to I think Snow who asked when the Dex vote was, I am refering to the Day 2 Dex vote, because as some people pointed out Dex/Aces/BWT were close in numbers for a bit. Maybe not tied, but certainly close enough.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

DharmaHelper wrote:@Mongoose

I feel like I have all my ducks in a row with boo. So if in fact I am wrong, it's not without having done my due diligence, and boo's behavior has done him no favors. In response to I think Snow who asked when the Dex vote was, I am refering to the Day 2 Dex vote, because as some people pointed out Dex/Aces/BWT were close in numbers for a bit. Maybe not tied, but certainly close enough.

Ok thanks, and thanks Mongoose for the response also. I am going to have to have a look and remind myself what happened back then. I think playing too many games has got me totally confused.

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Ok thanks, and thanks Mongoose for the response also. I am going to have to have a look and remind myself what happened back then. I think playing too many games has got me totally confused.

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

oops.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Boomslang »

Man, lame result for Elohcin, and that night kill really does not provide us much information. Bullocks.
boo wrote:Well, prepare for the most clever of defense cases that you will ever read.

1. As has been pointed out, I was not happy about taking a single vote. Perhaps it's because I perceive my role as one that no one (well... maybe a few, there are secrets and I may have missed a few things in a few roles) should want lynched, and certainly shouldn't be putting votes on. No one likes the threat of a lynch switch... among other things.

2. My lynch would almost certainly set the civvies back another lynch, probably even 2, from the position you currently sit at.

3. Even if I am not lynched today, if you don't look to better cases and I am within a certain number - that I already have in mind - of votes to the top vote getter, you can expect me to go out trolling (as I would expect to be killed not long after this lynch if I am within the number of votes).

Now, a few people will probably decide I'm a liar. A few may even take a risk and try to call me out on it, continuing to push for my lynch. If they got their way, I would in exchange for my foolish lynching expect you to lynch off most (not all, certainly there will just be some who do not understand what I am saying and decide to vote for me anyways, but most) of them in the near future, as you figure out who simply was ignorant of my meaning, and who knew exactly what I meant but decided to try and kill me anyways (I think it would be reasonably easy to get it figured out, for the most part).

Do with that what you will.

And: in before 'clearly he has some kind of protect and knows even if he is the top voter getter he will not be lynched'. If I have the most votes, I expect to be lynched like anyone else would, I have no lynch pardon, switch, or ability to end the day early (or anything else you may be able to think of).

Lastly, I feel no need to hold my vote to save myself. Either I won't be near the top of the votes, I will be near the top but not lynched, and then show you why that was a bad idea not long after, or I will be lynched and you'll understand why it was such a bad idea. So, I am once again voting Aces. I like the Boats case, but if it winds up being my last vote, I just want it to feel right, you know?
A role that no one should want lynched? I'm just trying to wrap my head around that one. Obviously the baddies want to see civvies lynched, and vice versa. That seems like a very generalized defense. "Certainly shouldn't be putting votes on" suggests something more specific, like Cohen's condition. Who is definitely bad, mkay?
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mongoose, to respond again to your question about my confidence in the boo vote and the tunnel vision I might have, I just noticed something reading what Boomslang just quoted. Did you see where boo says his lynch "will set the civvies back...from where YOU currently sit at". Language like that, that seperates one from being within the civvies, unnerves me. I think if boo was civ he would have made at least some effort to defend himself, but I also think if he was civvie he would have said "us" and "we", if that makes sense. He doesn't count himself amongst the civvies in his defense.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote:Mongoose, to respond again to your question about my confidence in the boo vote and the tunnel vision I might have, I just noticed something reading what Boomslang just quoted. Did you see where boo says his lynch "will set the civvies back...from where YOU currently sit at". Language like that, that seperates one from being within the civvies, unnerves me. I think if boo was civ he would have made at least some effort to defend himself, but I also think if he was civvie he would have said "us" and "we", if that makes sense. He doesn't count himself amongst the civvies in his defense.

Good point. So I had the thought that maybe he's hinting at a baddie role that we for some reason might not want to kill... took a look at the roles and this is what I found:
If Jack dies before reaching Ryan and Ryan still lives, Fontaine grows furious, injecting himself with every single Plasmid that Suchong has created, and goes after Ryan himself in a craze. He subsequently searches for Ryan every night and kills him if he finds him. Once he then kills Ryan (or if Ryan is killed by someone else in the interim), Fontaine, now driven even more insane by the massive amounts of ADAM, kills every night. His Plasmid-induced melee kills have a 90% base rate of success.
If I'm interpreting this correctly, if Boo is Jack (which would indeed make him BWT's teammate), it could be a bad idea to lynch him assuming Ryan is still around.

Just putting that out there.

Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:Mongoose, to respond again to your question about my confidence in the boo vote and the tunnel vision I might have, I just noticed something reading what Boomslang just quoted. Did you see where boo says his lynch "will set the civvies back...from where YOU currently sit at". Language like that, that seperates one from being within the civvies, unnerves me. I think if boo was civ he would have made at least some effort to defend himself, but I also think if he was civvie he would have said "us" and "we", if that makes sense. He doesn't count himself amongst the civvies in his defense.

boo's post confounded me; I even reread the front page and I cannot make out what he is saying. It was definitely a bold move.

Also, if anyone was keeping up (or cares), Sander Cohen is at least 50% away from finishing his twisted little project. I still hate that creepy bastard :solitary:

And I like the sound of this:

boo Bea

boo bea

boobea

:haha:

I'll get my things...

Addendum: Oh. :|
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Nutella - That seems like a solid theory. One thing I want to point out is Suchong died rather early, so he can't have made that many dangerous plasmids. Although regardless of the amount of plasmids it looks like Fontaine will be a very dangerous killer anyway..

Linki @ Epig lol boobs.

ImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DH- Yeah I figured the same about Suchong/plasmids. But it would still expedite Fontaine turning into a nasty killer. In any case I might have to bite on Boo's fishhook for now. I've been leaning more towards voting for Boats today anyway.

Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

^I don't know I can't feel a vote for Boats today. :p Don't really feel he's bad. Maybe just me though.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

That is pretty damning. You know what? I think you've won me over to your side. it doesn't mean I am not seriously digging Boats for subsequent lynches.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:^I don't know I can't feel a vote for Boats today. :p Don't really feel he's bad. Maybe just me though.

...Ooooo-kayy?? Care to explain why you feel this way? Any particular reason? You're being mysterious. o_o
Or are you just being defensive of his being quiet, because you're pretty quiet too :p

Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

nutella wrote:DH- Yeah I figured the same about Suchong/plasmids. But it would still expedite Fontaine turning into a nasty killer. In any case I might have to bite on Boo's fishhook for now. I've been leaning more towards voting for Boats today anyway.

A dead bad guy is a dead bad guy. :shrug:

I'm beginning to wonder who is slipping under the radar. It's Day 4 and there are plenty of quiet people.

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote:
nutella wrote:DH- Yeah I figured the same about Suchong/plasmids. But it would still expedite Fontaine turning into a nasty killer. In any case I might have to bite on Boo's fishhook for now. I've been leaning more towards voting for Boats today anyway.

I'm beginning to wonder who is slipping under the radar. It's Day 4 and there are plenty of quiet people.

A valid point. It's a question of weighing the option of which would make the baddies more powerful -- there being more of them, or one of them having a dangerous killing power. But yeah, you may be right. If Boo is in fact Jack, since Suchong is already gone, that would leave Fontaine as the last on his team and could bring us closer to defeating him -- it just might mean risking more civvie death. :shrug:

Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Snow Dog wrote:

You are not the only one!
If someone has asked me a direct question and I have failed to answer it, it's not because I am being a tricksy mongoose. If your query got buried in the avalanche, just poke me and I'll be happy to respond.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:

I agree that getting a bad guy is a win however you shake it. One thing I do want to point out is that the contest may be scaring the people who aren't in it into not participating. That or they're hiding behind the contest. Either way, If I could address them I'd assure them that the contest is not a scary monster. Anyone who has any thoughts should contribute them regardless of the contest.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:

I feel like we haven't heard much from GOB (who is admittedly new) and indiglo. I think Ajira checked in yesterday, right? Missing anyone?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I feel like we haven't heard much from GOB (who is admittedly new) and indiglo. I think Ajira checked in yesterday, right? Missing anyone?

GOB checked in immediately after bea noted that he hadn't been checking in. That was pretty funny, but also I guess kind of pingy. Ajira is usually pretty insightful so I do want to hear from him, and I have no idea about indiglo.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I agree that getting a bad guy is a win however you shake it. One thing I do want to point out is that the contest may be scaring the people who aren't in it into not participating. That or they're hiding behind the contest. Either way, If I could address them I'd assure them that the contest is not a scary monster. Anyone who has any thoughts should contribute them regardless of the contest.

I've been thinking this same thing but didn't know if I should say something. I hope no one thinks they will get penalized or we won't be reading their posts. Please speak up! We need some fresh blood.

Is anyone else having to check their post count each time before posting?

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

GOB checked in immediately after bea noted that he hadn't been checking in. That was pretty funny, but also I guess kind of pingy. Ajira is usually pretty insightful so I do want to hear from him, and I have no idea about indiglo.

>SpaghettiEverywhere and insertnamehere have ten posts apiece. I know >SpaghettiEverywhere can be an effective bad guy even when he isn't posting at all (can you say Video Game Mafia?). And insertnamehere self-voted.

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

>SpaghettiEverywhere and insertnamehere have ten posts apiece. I know >SpaghettiEverywhere can be an effective bad guy even when he isn't posting at all (can you say Video Game Mafia?). And insertnamehere self-voted.

Wow, so many people I forgot were even playing. Come out and play! I don't like when people hide...

Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

I've been thinking this same thing but didn't know if I should say something. I hope no one thinks they will get penalized or we won't be reading their posts. Please speak up! We need some fresh blood.

Is anyone else having to check their post count each time before posting?

Posting contests are meant to encourage discussion, not inhibit it people! :p

I bet you many people won't even read the contest posts.

Maybe Boats can beat his old record. :haha:

Return to “Previous Jobs”