[END] Bioshock Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

You and Bioshock: Which have you played and would you be interested in my upcoming sequel?

Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
43%
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
I have played neither - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
7%
I have played neither - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Sockface only - Of course I have played both and am interested, and I will be hosting a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
21%

Total votes: 14
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: [DAY 4] Bioshock Mafia

Post by Mongoose »

nutella wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
A dead bad guy is a dead bad guy. :shrug:

I'm beginning to wonder who is slipping under the radar. It's Day 4 and there are plenty of quiet people.

I feel like we haven't heard much from GOB (who is admittedly new) and indiglo. I think Ajira checked in yesterday, right? Missing anyone?

GOB checked in immediately after bea noted that he hadn't been checking in. That was pretty funny, but also I guess kind of pingy. Ajira is usually pretty insightful so I do want to hear from him, and I have no idea about indiglo.

>SpaghettiEverywhere and insertnamehere have ten posts apiece. I know >SpaghettiEverywhere can be an effective bad guy even when he isn't posting at all (can you say Video Game Mafia?). And insertnamehere self-voted.

Wow, so many people I forgot were even playing. Come out and play! I don't like when people hide...

Yeah! If you've had your name called, stand up and be counted.

Epi - Want to tell us a little bit more of Spaghetti's tactics in Video Game Mafia? What is insertnamehere like as a baddie?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:

Epi - Want to tell us a little bit more of Spaghetti's tactics in Video Game Mafia? What is insertnamehere like as a baddie?
It wasn't really a tactic- he sort of fell off the face of the planet, but he was still answering his PMs (to my good fortune, since he helped me avoid a lynch).

I don't know what insertnamehere is like. Apparently he likes to screw with people's heads as a host.

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 109

Post by DharmaHelper »

@Mongoose & Epig, I know INH somewhat. Sometimes his style is very wacky like Vomp or Dex, but he's also very competitive and effective when he needs to be. As a tribe mate of his during Doober's Survivor mafia, I think he'd be a valuable and dangerous asset for any baddie team.

our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

It wasn't really a tactic- he sort of fell off the face of the planet, but he was still answering his PMs (to my good fortune, since he helped me avoid a lynch).

I don't know what insertnamehere is like. Apparently he likes to screw with people's heads as a host.

Devin was more vocal at the beginning, but haven't really seen much of him lately. Also, I went back all the way to llama's lynch on Tuesday. DF checked in then and yesterday. So did Devin and indiglo. Looks like indiglo has been having some stormy weather. But I went all the way back 48 hours and didn't see one post from Russti, who usually seems a bit more active. Anyone know/remember why he's not more active right now?

DH - Thanks for the input on DH.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Snow Dog »

Mongoose wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Mongoose, to respond again to your question about my confidence in the boo vote and the tunnel vision I might have, I just noticed something reading what Boomslang just quoted. Did you see where boo says his lynch "will set the civvies back...from where YOU currently sit at". Language like that, that seperates one from being within the civvies, unnerves me. I think if boo was civ he would have made at least some effort to defend himself, but I also think if he was civvie he would have said "us" and "we", if that makes sense. He doesn't count himself amongst the civvies in his defense.

That is pretty damning. You know what? I think you've won me over to your side. it doesn't mean I am not seriously digging Boats for subsequent lynches.

Yep, Boo isn't looking too good as a civ. His post was too threatening for my tastes. I can definitely see myself swinging to a Boo vote if nothing stronger doesn't show up or get spotted.

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

Devin was more vocal at the beginning, but haven't really seen much of him lately. Also, I went back all the way to llama's lynch on Tuesday. DF checked in then and yesterday. So did Devin and indiglo. Looks like indiglo has been having some stormy weather. But I went all the way back 48 hours and didn't see one post from Russti, who usually seems a bit more active. Anyone know/remember why he's not more active right now?

Anytime I can give input on DH, let me know.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Snow Dog wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:Mongoose, to respond again to your question about my confidence in the boo vote and the tunnel vision I might have, I just noticed something reading what Boomslang just quoted. Did you see where boo says his lynch "will set the civvies back...from where YOU currently sit at". Language like that, that seperates one from being within the civvies, unnerves me. I think if boo was civ he would have made at least some effort to defend himself, but I also think if he was civvie he would have said "us" and "we", if that makes sense. He doesn't count himself amongst the civvies in his defense.

That is pretty damning. You know what? I think you've won me over to your side. it doesn't mean I am not seriously digging Boats for subsequent lynches.

Yep, Boo isn't looking too good as a civ. His post was too threatening for my tastes. I can definitely see myself swinging to a Boo vote if nothing stronger doesn't show up or get spotted.

I am dying to know what other people think about boo.

Zany Dex also hasn't said anything, and I know he's been around. :ponder:

His last post (before the "lynch the Bitches") was this grammatically questionable gem:
Zany Dex wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Zany Dex wrote:Hahaha. There is no chance in hell I'm being lynched today!!!

Mwahahahha
We'll see about that. *votes Dex*
I think your bad
:ponder:

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

Anytime I can give input on DH, let me know.
Oops! My mistake was nearly as funny as your response. I meant insertname here for anyone playing along at home.

Epi - Do you think Dex's comment to Boomslang was more than the "no you" rebuff? Maybe I am reading it too superficially.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:
Epi - Do you think Dex's comment to Boomslang was more than the "no you" rebuff? Maybe I am reading it too superficially.

I don't know how to read that comment. But if Dex is bad, then clearly his zaniness is doing what he wants it to do. He was one of two early voters for llama on Day 1 (Dom was the other). On Day 2, he voted for himself. On Day 3, it was llama again. His self vote is weird to me because he was 20th, meaning that he was still in danger in being lynched (ten more votes to go).

That means he could have voted for AceofSpaces and possibly saved birdwithteeth11.

That would lead me to believe that if Dex is bad, he isn't on bird's team. Then again, I've seen Dex tie it up against his teammate and his teammate get lynched because of it.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

Again I think that is a major consequence and drawback of the contest. Folks like you and I and Bullz and Mongoose are ripping it up posting and contemplating, and the silent majority are being silent. Personally I can't wait till this thing is over and done with so I can take a minute to shut up.

I am dying to know what other people think about boo.

Zany Dex also hasn't said anything, and I know he's been around. :ponder:

His last post (before the "lynch the Bitches") was this grammatically questionable gem:
Zany Dex wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
Zany Dex wrote:Hahaha. There is no chance in hell I'm being lynched today!!!

Mwahahahha
We'll see about that. *votes Dex*
I think your bad
:ponder:

ImageImage
ImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

This is what that should say
Again I think that is a major consequence and drawback of the contest. Folks like you and I and Bullz and Mongoose are ripping it up posting and contemplating, and the silent majority are being silent. Personally I can't wait till this thing is over and done with so I can take a minute to shut up.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Mongoose wrote:

Because everytime I catch up, you challenge participants give me 3 more pages to catch up on. I have finally caught up now and I'm on a slow portion of my day at work. Yesterday my AC decided to die, too so we relocated for the night so we could sleep more comfortably. I tried to catch up a little last night too but didn't get through many of those long-ass posts. Now I will put my 2 cents in.

Boats does seem like a great place to look right now. I don't by his quick 12 minute catch up when it took me God knows how many hours! :WTF:
However, I am now even more pinged by boo's recent post. To me he does seem to come off more Sander Coheney than Jack or even Fontane. Maybe he thinks that since Cohen's team wins with any other team he is giving the civies a bigger team?? Does that make sense??? And his comment regarding the number of votes he gets whether or not he is lynched (I believe he is referring to the 5 votes needed to make the Cohens team go independent) makes me think this even more.

Triple linki: See?? There you go again!!! :WTF:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Why the hell weren't those green?

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:This is what that should say

You're welcome to do that now, DH. I think you've earned a nice long break from posting. Seriously, go have a beer. Check and see if Honey Boo Boo is on. :D

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:

You're welcome to do that now, DH. I think you've earned a nice long break from posting. Seriously, go have a beer. Check and see if Honey Boo Boo is on. :D

While I appreciate your encouragement of underage drinking, I value winning more than I value sanity. As in Avant and Grimms, I will be doing my dern best to make sure the benefits of this contest end up in the hands of someone I can trust. And there is no one I trust more than me to be civ-minded. :lorab:

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

While I appreciate your encouragement of underage drinking, I value winning more than I value sanity. As in Avant and Grimms, I will be doing my dern best to make sure the benefits of this contest end up in the hands of someone I can trust. And there is no one I trust more than me to be civ-minded. :lorab:
But you weren't civ-minded in Grimm's, were you? :evileye:

Seriously though, I would be almost just as happy with the satisfaction of winning. :p As I mentioned though, I got called into work yesterday and today. And do you know what I did there? Stuff I could have done at home. :disappoint:

Also, looking at Dex's Day 1 vote made me look at Dom's votes. They were: llama, Snow Dog, llama.

And underage drinking is a misguided social construct. :noble:
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

But you weren't civ-minded in Grimm's, were you? :evileye:

Seriously though, I would be almost just as happy with the satisfaction of winning. :p As I mentioned though, I got called into work yesterday and today. And do you know what I did there? Stuff I could have done at home. :disappoint:

Also, looking at Dex's Day 1 vote made me look at Dom's votes. They were: llama, Snow Dog, llama.

And underage drinking is a misguided social construct. :noble:

I wasn't in Grimms, no, lol. But I am here, for sure. Is there anything you can draw from Dom's votes? Because speaking of Avant he fooled me there, so if something can be linked to him here I would be more than interested in it.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Dear Christ in heaven, I was gone for one night period! DH, you're online. Can you kindly sum up leading suspicions today? I have 7 pages to catch up on, and the number of quotes you all posted is atrocious. I just need Sparknotes so I can catch up faster.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Nevinera »

Mongoose wrote:

Boo's been on my short list as long as Bea, I could definitely swing a vote there if necessary.
And you've clearly had more time to read an analyze than I have, DH; I guess that should weigh something.
But I'll wait and see how the vote is shaping up of course. If I can.

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I can't wait to shut up either. I know everyone else will applaud. Anyway, thanks to Russti and Devin. I can imagine it is indeed very overwhelming to deal with all of that mess.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Why the hell weren't those green?
Fixed for you. You must have overlooked the / in the brackets at the end of each time.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Russtifinko wrote:Dear Christ in heaven, I was gone for one night period! DH, you're online. Can you kindly sum up leading suspicions today? I have 7 pages to catch up on, and the number of quotes you all posted is atrocious. I just need Sparknotes so I can catch up faster.

I genuinely feel bad for you man! What follows is the spark notes of the spark notes version of what's been going on.

The main topics of discussion are:

boo for possibly defending bird (and his last post was a doozy).

Bullzeye for possibly defending bird (and I think someone pointed out an insincere sounding post).

BoatsBoatsBoats for his slip up and unhelpful behavior.

bea for sounding insincere.

And DharmaHelper for...I forget why we suspect him, but I know most people do. :p

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Dear Christ in heaven, I was gone for one night period! DH, you're online. Can you kindly sum up leading suspicions today? I have 7 pages to catch up on, and the number of quotes you all posted is atrocious. I just need Sparknotes so I can catch up faster.

I genuinely feel bad for you man! What follows is the spark notes of the spark notes version of what's been going on.

Bullzeye for possibly defending bird (and I think someone pointed out an insincere sounding post).

And DharmaHelper for...I forget why we suspect him, but I know most people do. :p

We also talked about Zany Dex too and how those votes don't seem to be entirely cohesive. Overall, I think we were split on whether we still consider him a suspect. I hope all y'all's heads don't explode.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Epignosis wrote:

Could someone kindly requote the insincere sounding post of Bullz. I fear I may have missed something while my brain was exploding somewhere in the last seven pages.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

@Mongoose: Too late :haha:

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

We also talked about Zany Dex too and how those votes don't seem to be entirely cohesive. Overall, I think we were split on whether we still consider him a suspect. I hope all y'all's heads don't explode.

This is correct, thank you.

I considered that Zany Dex might have been a balls-out civilian with nothing to lose, because if he were, say, Fitzpatrick, then he knew he would die. Perhaps by getting himself lynched, he would give the other civilians valuable information (see: the llama gambit).

But we now know he isn't Fitzpatrick.

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Anyway.... Leaving work now for the long drive home and hopefully a hot meal. Don't blow up the thread during that time! :WTF:

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Russ, I will try and collect as much suspicions as I can for your perusement! Perusment? Perusing.

I make a compelling and sexy case on a few people here

Boo is acting a fool and is suspected (at least by me) once more due to his posts here and here

I explain in more detail why those posts are suspicious here and here and in some other places as well but I wanna hit as much as possible as quickly as possible.

People are finding boats suspicious for this reason

beas post here has some people thinking she was insincere. As well as her general "confused tee hee" vibe.

Alot of silent players/wacky players are coming under fire for being silent or wacky (INH, Vomps, Dex,)

People are pretty sure Epignosis is a nub,

I'm not confident about nutella based on this exchange But not enough to put a vote out.
Trying very hard to see if I missed anything. Can't think of anything else off the top of my head. Alot of the bullz stuff is in that first link case, and in the discussion shortly thereafter.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:Russ, I will try and collect as much suspicions as I can for your perusement! Perusment? Perusing.
Perusal. :)
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Thanks.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Epignosis wrote:bea for sounding insincere.
What? No!
Bea was the last Aces voter, her vote tied up the count in which we got BWT right at the end.
She sounded insincere, but that's barely relevant. You nailed both Boo and Bullz for it, but ignored Bea?

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nevinera wrote:
Epignosis wrote:bea for sounding insincere.
What? No!
Bea was the last Aces voter, her vote tied up the count in which we got BWT right at the end.
She sounded insincere, but that's barely relevant. You nailed both Boo and Bullz for it, but ignored Bea?

Bullzeye and boo voted for AceofSpaces Day 2 and then voted for Logan Day 3. bea didn't vote for Logan on Day 3. That was the common ground I was focusing on: Who voted for Ace D2 and then Logan D3?

Thanks for pointing this out. bea tied it up, and then DFaraday sealed bird's fate immediately after her vote.

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Epignosis wrote: Bullzeye and boo voted for AceofSpaces Day 2 and then voted for Logan Day 3. bea didn't vote for Logan on Day 3. That was the common ground I was focusing on: Who voted for Ace D2 and then Logan D3?

Thanks for pointing this out. bea tied it up, and then DFaraday sealed bird's fate immediately after her vote.

Bea's vote on D3 was after it was *really* obvious who was getting lynched - I don't think who she voted for at that point has any real implications about her role. I actually suspect her a little *more* (just a little) for not voting for llama at that point; once it's clear a civ is going down, baddies are more likely to vote elsewhere, to gain a little deniability without impacting the game at all.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nevinera wrote:
Epignosis wrote: Bullzeye and boo voted for AceofSpaces Day 2 and then voted for Logan Day 3. bea didn't vote for Logan on Day 3. That was the common ground I was focusing on: Who voted for Ace D2 and then Logan D3?

Bea's vote on D3 was after it was *really* obvious who was getting lynched - I don't think who she voted for at that point has any real implications about her role. I actually suspect her a little *more* (just a little) for not voting for llama at that point; once it's clear a civ is going down, baddies are more likely to vote elsewhere, to gain a little deniability without impacting the game at all.

I suppose I was taking the more direct, "obvious" route in my analysis, but that makes a lot of sense too. Casting a potentially bad guy-saving vote so late is rather damning, and then voting for someone who couldn't possibly be lynched does seem like something a bad guy would do. Here is bea's post:
bea wrote:At work and on my phone. All the llama votes are making me nervious. I still don't get baddie vibes from him though. DB's long post is pretty well put together. I shall follow him and go with bulls.
She just went along with DH (I assume that's who DB is).

So I take it you are most in favor of lynching bea?

bea
Racketeer
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

RIP Lizzy and Elo.

boats and boo are where I'm leaning at the moment. Catching up took too long and I'm now late for work. When I get done tonight, I'll be around to post more in depth thoughts.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Epignosis wrote:So I take it you are most in favor of lynching bea?
Left to myself, probably.
Bea, Boo, Bullz, and Boats are all fairly even in my eyes right now though, I plan on waiting and voting for whomever among that crowd is winning, unless it's not even close (or it's close between two of them).

Boats wasn't on my radar until you explained your suspicions to me - I tend to lean really heavily on voting record, because I feel like that is the place where it's hardest to lie about your intentions.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by DFaraday »

For me it's between Boats and Boo. I feel like there's more to go on regarding either of them than Bullz or Bea. I do think that Boo's "you" comment is more easily interpreted as civvie than Boats' implausible catchup skills, though.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:
Nevinera wrote:

I suppose I was taking the more direct, "obvious" route in my analysis, but that makes a lot of sense too. Casting a potentially bad guy-saving vote so late is rather damning, and then voting for someone who couldn't possibly be lynched does seem like something a bad guy would do. Here is bea's post:
bea wrote:At work and on my phone. All the llama votes are making me nervious. I still don't get baddie vibes from him though. DB's long post is pretty well put together. I shall follow him and go with bulls.

DF, Epi, Snow Dog et al:

I think I've about exhausted my analysis for this lynch. I don't know what my schedule will be like tomorrow, so I am going to be brave and go ahead and vote. I'll scan and definitely look for if anyone asks me a question, etc., but at this point I really need to spend some time at the gym and doing much-neglected housework. See you guys on the flipside

* votes Boo *

also:

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Nevinera wrote:

DF, Epi, Snow Dog et al:

I think I've about exhausted my analysis for this lynch. I don't know what my schedule will be like tomorrow, so I am going to be brave and go ahead and vote. I'll scan and definitely look for if anyone asks me a question, etc., but at this point I really need to spend some time at the gym and doing much-neglected housework. See you guys on the flipside

* votes Boo *

also:

That make three votes cast. There are none for Bullz and none for Boats and none for bea.

Also, it's interesting that Boomslang has been exempt from the B discussion. Dex actually called him bad.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Nevinera wrote:

DF, Epi, Snow Dog et al:

* votes Boo *

also:

That make three votes cast. There are none for Bullz and none for Boats and none for bea.

Also, it's interesting that Boomslang has been exempt from the B discussion. Dex actually called him bad.

The day we start treating mafia like an episode of Sesame Street is the day I fart rainbows.

ImageImage
ImageImage
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 20

Post by >SpaghettiEverywhere »

I see I've got a lot of catching up to do. And I apologize in advance that I am going on a family vacation and will not be able to check in much (though I will as much as possible) I am here for tonight and can clear up any questions people have for me, I think some people had said some things that they suspected me earlier.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

DharmaHelper wrote:
The day we start treating mafia like an episode of Sesame Street is the day I fart rainbows.
:haha: This episode of Bioshock Street has been brought to you by the number 4 and the letter B.

I think I'm most likely to vote for Boats. Several people are voting for Boo and I'm okay with seeing where that goes as well. I think it's one of those who will get lynched today, though I'm not forgetting Bullz -- I'll be keeping an eye on him.

I feel kind of bad for the non-contest-participants since we really are taking over the thread :/ Though I also feel bad for Russti because it seems he'll lose because he was gone, that seems kinda unfair but whatever :/

to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Re: [NIGHT 3] Bioshock Mafia

Post by Russtifinko »

RIPIYWG Eloh and Lizzy!
nutella wrote: I feel kind of bad for the non-contest-participants since we really are taking over the thread :/ Though I also feel bad for Russti because it seems he'll lose because he was gone, that seems kinda unfair but whatever :/

That's ok, nutella. It' my fault for signing up and being gone. If I lose I'll take the consequences.

My very sincere thanks to Epi for the sparknotes of the sparknotes, and to DH for this enlightening and easy-to-follow catchup. I read up for myself and I think I'm more or less back on board now, and I'm not entirely sure I could have done it without you guys.
Apologies to our host for having been very in-and-out this game; I'll be really pissed if anything else comes up to stop me from being involved, but I doubt it will.
DharmaHelper wrote:Russ, I will try and collect as much suspicions as I can for your perusement! Perusment? Perusing.

I make a compelling and sexy case on a few people here

Boo is acting a fool and is suspected (at least by me) once more due to his posts here and here

I explain in more detail why those posts are suspicious here and here and in some other places as well but I wanna hit as much as possible as quickly as possible.

People are finding boats suspicious for this reason

beas post here has some people thinking she was insincere. As well as her general "confused tee hee" vibe.

Alot of silent players/wacky players are coming under fire for being silent or wacky (INH, Vomps, Dex,)

People are pretty sure Epignosis is a nub,

I'm not confident about nutella based on this exchange But not enough to put a vote out.
Trying very hard to see if I missed anything. Can't think of anything else off the top of my head. Alot of the bullz stuff is in that first link case, and in the discussion shortly thereafter.

My top suspect is definitely boo, and in fact that's where my vote is going today.

votes boo

I don't like role hinting as a rule, because I think it's against the spirit of the game, and I especially don't like threats disguised as role hints. Boo's response also seems pretty over-the-top considering he was one of a fairly large number of suspects.

If he's evil will it make others feel better about Aces? I think I would, based on their interesting Day 1 interaction (the one that drew a lot of votes for Aces on Day 2, where Aces didn't explain his boo vote and then boo revenge-voted him).

Boats is probably my #2 right now because of how fast he caught up. I know from personal experience that's not possible, and it may have been a slip.

bea's vote looks bad, but I haven't gotten the insincere vibe from her that others have. I'll keep an eye on her, but she's fairly far behind my top 2 for now.

I don't think Epi's a nub. I think llama's lynch shows us that his method for finding baddies isn't perfect (and is, perhaps, a cautionary tale against tunnel vision), but whose is perfect? I think so far he's done a great job of baddie sniffing. (1 of 2 is great in a game with, what 24 civs and 12 non-civs?)

I'll need to reread Bullz and nutella tomorrow. DH too, although that's a book at this point, since I think Epi mentioned he was being suspected. Those are my main thoughts for now, I guess.

Oh! And I'm totally up in the air about Dex now. I was leaning bad on him, but I'm less sure since better suspects are emerging. I think I said before, we'd have been pretty lucky to have 2 of our 3 top vote-getters be bad on Day 2. However, I think the following is a brilliant explanation of why wacky players are harmful no matter what their alignment. I've actually gotten a lot less wackiness from Vomps than usual this game, but it applies to Dex and a few others, I think.
DharmaHelper wrote: I just want to address the whole Vomps thing for a minute, Snow. I've seen alot of players who develop similar "wacky" personas that people can use to excuse otherwise baddie behavior. They do dumb stuff because they know they can get away with it. I can name a few people off the top of my head who do this and to be quite honest, as the game progresses, that behavior becomes less and less tolerable. I know we're playing a game, but we're also trying to compete when it comes down to it. And when we have people who are not competing, contributing, etc, or who are acting wacky for the sake of acting wacky, it lessens our chances of competing successfully. Because either A) Their acting wacky, catch flak, and are civ or B) Their acting wacky, get excused, and are bad.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by indiglo »

~whew~ Caught up again! I saw my name mentioned as being "absent". I really don't feel like I've been absent, but maybe I have been. Life has a way of getting hectic and going by really quickly when you're busy. As an explanation... I had 2 crazy ass long work weekends in a row where I was home about 0% of my time, and when I was home I was too exhausted to effectively mafia. Then I was without power due to major storms. (Mata, did those come through your area too? How did you fare? We're having more come through the next few days, so fingers crossed nothing bad will happen and the power doesn't go out again. Be safe!!) Anyhoo, Friday and Saturday I'm dedicating to staying at home and RESTING. That will give me mafia time as well. :)

RIP all deadies!! :rip:

Ok, my thoughts so far: I don't like threats either, I think it's safe to say that Boo is NOT a civ. I'd be on board with voting him. I shan't be bullied and don't give in to threats. :noble: (Also, agreed, he definitely separated himself from civs by saying YOU instead of US or WE... making his threat even more obvious, rather than just an FYI.)

Nev, thanks for your comments Re: bea as well. It's many things put together there. There was something else she said that made me tweak too. This one:
bea wrote: llama - I've got no problems with you looking my way. I'm a civ this time round. If there's anything specific I can address, I'd be happy to.

I highlighted the part that tweaked me. I understand this is merely the "reading of tone", but to me it kind of sounds like something a baddie might say who is looking for something specific to defend against or discount.

Beyond that, Boats is definitely on my short list. Really any of these 3 would be fine with me. Right now I am putting Boats at the bottom simply because I need to refresh my mind on all the reasons I was looking there. I shall do a reread after I take this dang pup outside who will NOT stop fussing at me. It actually probably will take 10 minutes or less to do THAT reread. :srsnod: :p

Ok, puppy duty calls! Image

I bet there's going to be crazy linki in the time it took me to prep this post.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

EBWOP:

Well what do you know? No linki at all! Ok, off to walk a pup. And hopefully get a call from my sweetie who is currently out of town. :sigh:

Then, I'll be back. /Arnold impression :p
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

I read Bullz. DH, I find your case against him very WIFOM-y, so I'd hesitate to vote him at this point. Maybe something will come up later to make me change my mind, but for now your other cases seem much stronger.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Boomslang »

Well, Boat's catching up was a slip that he has BTSC with someone, not necessarily that he's bad. What people should really be considering is how many civs have BTSC vs. how many baddies have BTSC. Based on my reading of the rules, Ryan and Sullivan have some communication with each other, the Fontaine crew has full BTSC, and Cohen has BTSC with Jack at a certain point that I don't think we've reached yet. I'm sure there are secrets, but these are the main communications. Dr. Suchong is already down, so the odds seem more half and half that Boat's BTSC is bad.
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Matahari »

Indi, I had a tree branch land on the hood of my car, but it didn't damage anything, thank goodness. I hear more storms are headed this way too and the power company is cutting our power at 2 am to 4 am to repair some damage. Hope everything will be okay where you are!

I'll be voting boo and I'll do it now because I don't know how the power situation is going to go. I pretty much gave my reason already. Players who are mainly math/logic types don't usually pay much attention to the players who build cases based on gut/instinct/history/experience. So for boo to use 'my case' on llama as one of his reasons for voting llama was either (very kind of him) :) or kind of ludicrous. I don't know, he cited two reasons/cases as his reason, maybe he couldn't find any other ones to use, but it really struck me as bogus. Then too, all the other reasons people have mentioned about boo....
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Yikes! Glad your car was ok! Last year (I believe it was) my neighbor's tree got struck by lightning in a storm and half of it fell on my car! The tree looked wicked cool, it was burnt in the middle where the lightning split it, and some of it fell on their house causing minor damage. My car just looked like it had hail damage, but since it's old it got totalled, since repairs would have cost about 50% of its value. It still runs great, and really doesn't look bad at all. Stay safe in the coming ones, as I was walking the dog I was hearing thunder already so it doesn't bode well. Weird, in the past it was always Spring that was the worst storm season, but in the last decade or so it's been Summer and Fall. I don't know what that means, if anything, but it strikes me as odd.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Re: [DAY 0] Bioshock Mafia

Post by indiglo »

Ok, finished the reread of Boats. (I think it actually took less than 10 minutes. ;) ) Anyhoo, this was 1 of his posts that pinged me, in addition to what truly looks like pretty obvious result of BTSC...
BoatsBoatsBoats wrote: (Sorry, I've been having a bit of an emotional breakdown/restructure the past couple days, but I think everything's fine now)

Don't have much to say about it, really. I recognize that my posts seem like they would come from a character who would want the baddies to win. But at the same time, I would hope that many can recognize that if I were a baddie, I wouldn't be so blatant with my in-game motives. Hedonism is damn fun.

Ok, if something serious happens in someone's life, I don't think anyone would (well at least I wouldn't) hold that against them. (For example, I missed the last lynch poll due to a power outage... still something happened to me because of it, and that's the rule so I see it as fair.) However I also don't think it's fair to give someone a free pass because of it. Like, it doesn't make you civ and it doesn't make you bad. It is its own separate thing.

Now that I've said that, this defense does not sound good, imo. So I feel find adding Boats into my list of would-be vote getters. Now, in no particular order, I feel find with a Boo, Boats or Bea vote. (Sorry my love :hugs: ) After reviewing all this and stewing on it for just a bit, I think I actually feel better about voting Boo or Boats over Bea. I can vote tomorrow, which I'd prefer in case anything new comes up or is said or happens, but if the weather turns nasty I think I'll do as Mata is doing and go ahead and vote early just so I don't miss it again.

XOXO Epi Girl

Return to “Previous Jobs”