[END] Bioshock Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

You and Bioshock: Which have you played and would you be interested in my upcoming sequel?

Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
43%
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
I have played neither - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
7%
I have played neither - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Sockface only - Of course I have played both and am interested, and I will be hosting a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
21%

Total votes: 14
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 115

Re: [DAY 4] Bioshock Mafia

Post by Nevinera »

Epignosis wrote:
Nevinera, who is most likely to get your vote today, and what is your opinion of boo's posts?

Perhaps it's possible that Vompatti had temporary BTSC with Lizzy and llama, since he was confident of both of them. That would explain quite a bit, I think. Unfortunately, it's easy to write off Vompatti for his eccentricities.

Currently, boo. I am not impressed by boo's posts - he is hinting at things that I don't see any mechanism for, and I get the definite sense that he's behaving irrationally out of desperation. I also found his massive "you're all stupid jerks" post to be.. less than ingratiating.
Epignosis wrote: I think I may understand your meaning. What do you think he means about liking the Boats case but wanting to vote for you anyway? He was the first person to vote. And he said he didn't feel the need to save his vote in case he needed to save himself. I just don't get that.

Well *I* don't. Any legal way for you to help me understand his meaning?
If you buy it, and agree, then that matters.. I could see a Boats vote instead.
But I'd massively prefer to understand.

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Epignosis »

Nevinera wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Nevinera, who is most likely to get your vote today, and what is your opinion of boo's posts?

Perhaps it's possible that Vompatti had temporary BTSC with Lizzy and llama, since he was confident of both of them. That would explain quite a bit, I think. Unfortunately, it's easy to write off Vompatti for his eccentricities.

Currently, boo. I am not impressed by boo's posts - he is hinting at things that I don't see any mechanism for, and I get the definite sense that he's behaving irrationally out of desperation. I also found his massive "you're all stupid jerks" post to be.. less than ingratiating.
Epignosis wrote: I think I may understand your meaning. What do you think he means about liking the Boats case but wanting to vote for you anyway? He was the first person to vote. And he said he didn't feel the need to save his vote in case he needed to save himself. I just don't get that.

Well *I* don't. Any legal way for you to help me understand his meaning?
If you buy it, and agree, then that matters.. I could see a Boats vote instead.
But I'd massively prefer to understand.

I don't know what degree of discussion is permissible and I'd like to err on the side of caution. Perhaps you should reread the role descriptions. As for me, I'm just not sure I buy it is all- if boo is saying what I think he's saying, then, well, he a damn fool. :|

And I'd still like to hear from Boats before I commit to voting for him.

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Snow Dog »

Epignosis wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
You don't see my case against boo as compelling? I'm offended! On a serious note, his defense seems to have gone from "Nope not defending myself" to "Fuck you lol lynch me IDK eat a dong". Neither are very civvie ways to play and one is a very rude way to play. Boats may be bad but I feel my case on boo is strong, and I feel his recent posts have been worthy of a slap in the face :P vote boo
Don't be so funny - I work in a library! I did literally LOL at your fake Boo Radley quote. I do find it compelling, I just felt more drawn toward Boats this time. I will definitely focus on the other Bs next time for sure. Maybe Boats and Boo Radley are both ones to vote for.

I was in a library when I read that, and I laughed. :haha:

DharmaHelper- there is so little "evidence" because it is Day 4 and BoatsBoatsBoats has posted a grand total of seven times. His third one smells funny to me:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 735#p23735

Has anyone put together a voting record for Boats? I don't have the time right now to look for it. That might be useful, considering his lack of post.

Added: @Epi,

Yeah, that is the part that has me going "Whhhaaaa?" I think boo has been playing with tunnel vision against me, which is a big mistake in mafia games. So that, to me, explains why he would early vote me. Why he would be so reckless with his own life though, especially when in his own post he talked about how bad it would be for everyone for him to get lynched... I don't know. That doesn't add up at all.

Added: I can't say what happened exactly, only that I believe boo has been playing with tunnel vision against me, and that I now I reason to believe that we were both wrong about each other. That is really all I can say about it. I will stress though, do not lynch boo. If I'm right, then lynching him would be bad.

11. (Since I forgot to add a number in the other post :( )
I did pull up Boats' voting record. I'll be hard pressed to find it, so I just looked it up again.

Day 1 Boats missed the vote.
Day 2 Boats missed the vote.
Day 3, Boats voted for himself.

Too me this says he was late for the game. He then got the lowdown from his team. The he votes for himself. This is the bit i don't understand. The self vote. Perhaps it is trying to say, hey guys I am civ and don't want to vote the wrong person.

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

This I completely agree with!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Vompatti »

I don't want to forget to vote, so I'm voting now. The case for boo is tl;dr, but Boats is quite obviously either a baddie or an unhelpful civ.

*votes Boats*
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Hey dudes.

Just a quick heads up (I think I said this last night, more or less) - I'm going to Gainesville Rock City for the weekend to celebrate my wedding anniversary (2nd) and my grandparents' wedding anniversary (59th), so I won't be around much. I don't intend to miss any polls though. Also, please don't come rob me; thanks!

Cheers & Beers,
Your Lovely Neighborhood Mongoose
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 85

Post by AceofSpaces »

Nevinera wrote:
Epignosis wrote:bea for sounding insincere.
What? No!
Bea was the last Aces voter, her vote tied up the count in which we got BWT right at the end.
She sounded insincere, but that's barely relevant. You nailed both Boo and Bullz for it, but ignored Bea?

Bea is someone I could see myself voting for. I feel like her vote for me came out of left field, and could very well have been meant to save BWT. I also read some of her post as *trying* to sound confused. That kind of thing is something I look for in baddies. As I've said before, it is hard for a baddie to come up with anything real, as they know a lot more than everyone else. So either they slip and reveal something only a baddie could know (Like Boats catching up so fast) or they BS/try to sound lost so they don't have to come up with anything (Like bea). Bea also sounded like a frustrated baddie in one of her post a while back, so I'd recommend people go back and read her.

@Snow Dog.

Nice interpretation of Boats voting record. That makes sense to me.

So right now, my top suspects are, in no particular order:

1. Boats.
2. Bullz.
3. Bea

With some other people like Vomps raising my eyebrow.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

AceofSpaces wrote:
Nevinera wrote:
What? No!
Bea was the last Aces voter, her vote tied up the count in which we got BWT right at the end.
She sounded insincere, but that's barely relevant. You nailed both Boo and Bullz for it, but ignored Bea?

Bea is someone I could see myself voting for. I feel like her vote for me came out of left field, and could very well have been meant to save BWT. I also read some of her post as *trying* to sound confused. That kind of thing is something I look for in baddies. As I've said before, it is hard for a baddie to come up with anything real, as they know a lot more than everyone else. So either they slip and reveal something only a baddie could know (Like Boats catching up so fast) or they BS/try to sound lost so they don't have to come up with anything (Like bea). Bea also sounded like a frustrated baddie in one of her post a while back, so I'd recommend people go back and read her.

@Snow Dog.

1. Boats.
2. Bullz.
3. Bea

Thanks. The only problem with such interpretations is that they get the result one is looking for. On the one hand he could be civ saying "I voted myself not to lynch a civ". But idk....I am doubting that because in tandem with his very quick read of the pages and his post he can't be civ..can he?

No...if we believe there is no civ btsc then his motive for the self vote can't be altruistic.

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

AceofSpaces wrote:
Nevinera wrote:
What? No!

@Snow Dog.

1. Boats.
2. Bullz.
3. Bea

The convincing thing regarding bea is that late vote on AceofSpaces.

Upon going back through bea's post, this stuck out at me:
bea wrote:I'm going with Aces I do agree though that epi is likely a good place to look next day cycle.
And this:
bea wrote:well crap. I either chose wrong or we were lucky and there were two baddies in that mix. I do have to say, David had me fooled.

well done epi for not letting up on his gut feeling. As rusti asked, I wouldn't mind knowing if there was anything besides gut that kept you going on.

llama - I've got no problems with you looking my way. I'm a civ this time round. If there's anything specific I can address, I'd be happy to.
I think we've brought this post up before. It strikes me as something a birdwithteeth teammate might just say. But this sticks out to me:

"Well crap" is not something a civilian says when a bad guy gets his comeuppance. That's just not the reaction one has, especially if there's a possibility that "there were two baddies in that mix."

AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

bea wrote:his incentive to stay quiet is that he laid down his gauntlet. I can't see him having more to say after his mega post, though I could be wrong. And yes - we do have yet to hear from boats.

And you know who's gotten quiet again after we gave him a pass? gob. Not one thing this whole period. And I'm guessing now that I've mentioned it, there will be more "oh, I got busy and now I am trying to do the best I can." - honestly, I was tweeked by him "playing the noob card" as soon as I mentioned it as an option. And I gave him the pass and now it's time to start playing the game.

I'll go with my fellow civs - if we want to lynch boo, I'm cool with that, but for one second don't think my eyes aren't all over gob. I'll throw votes his way in a heartbeat if he doesn't start playing the game like he says he was going to.

@ snowdog - was I crazy in thinking that someone posted a "look at all the ways there could be civ bts?" - post? Because I swore during one of my skim sessions I saw something like that, but I can't find it again for the life of me.
Speaking of Bea. This post immediately caught my eye. She points to GOB, a relatively quiet player. Now, while I don't like quiet players this late in the game ( no one point out my record in He-Man...) as I understand it GOB is a new player. I'm sympathetic to new players. It's easy to be intimidated by this game, especially with how fast the post have been coming in the past day.

To me, she seems to be trying to deflect attention to an easy target.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

AceofSpaces wrote:
bea wrote:his incentive to stay quiet is that he laid down his gauntlet. I can't see him having more to say after his mega post, though I could be wrong. And yes - we do have yet to hear from boats.

And you know who's gotten quiet again after we gave him a pass? gob. Not one thing this whole period. And I'm guessing now that I've mentioned it, there will be more "oh, I got busy and now I am trying to do the best I can." - honestly, I was tweeked by him "playing the noob card" as soon as I mentioned it as an option. And I gave him the pass and now it's time to start playing the game.

I'll go with my fellow civs - if we want to lynch boo, I'm cool with that, but for one second don't think my eyes aren't all over gob. I'll throw votes his way in a heartbeat if he doesn't start playing the game like he says he was going to.

@ snowdog - was I crazy in thinking that someone posted a "look at all the ways there could be civ bts?" - post? Because I swore during one of my skim sessions I saw something like that, but I can't find it again for the life of me.
Speaking of Bea. This post immediately caught my eye. She points to GOB, a relatively quiet player. Now, while I don't like quiet players this late in the game ( no one point out my record in He-Man...) as I understand it GOB is a new player. I'm sympathetic to new players. It's easy to be intimidated by this game, especially with how fast the post have been coming in the past day.

That's a good point. If bea is as confused as she claims she is, it would seem rather contrary to go after a new person like that.

Also, that "I'll go with my fellow civs" doesn't ring true to me at all. How does she know who her "fellow civs" are?

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

AceofSpaces wrote:

Good points. I hadn't really turned my attention to bea or Bullz much yet. But I can definitely see a case her. I'll have to look at the Bullz evidence later. Llama's B for baddie theory could be panning out! :p

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Boomslang »

bea wrote:I think more than one person has mentioned it, but I could be wrong, I've tried to go back and find it and i'm the suck at searching threads.

I think though, there might be something in the idea of people that have mentioned civ bts I know it's come up around the edges by more than one person. Since - as far as I can see, there isn't any. I'm frustrated for the night so I'm off to bed. It's just something I'd like to explore further and if someone else could help me with it, I'd be forever thankful for them for helping me follow my theory.
It was a relatively short post, but I'm glad it's sparked some discussion. I arrived at the "half and half" figure by assuming three things:
1) The "name" Ryan gave to Sullivan was more of a flavor thing for BTSC, which it seems is being interpreted much more strictly by the rest of the playerbase. In that case, my argument is invalid, and I got sucked in by the flavor of this universe :P.
2) Jack and Cohen don't have BTSC yet, which has been pointed out as true and unlikely to happen for a while.
3) Fontaine and Jack are the only two left on the "crew" after Suchong's lynch.
Again, I think I've misread the roles behind my first assumption, so the point no longer stands. But I'm more just trying to avoid tunnel vision based on BTSC. Nevinera raises a point, but I'm not sure where he found the plasmid that does it?
Nevinera wrote:
bea wrote:I think more than one person has mentioned it, but I could be wrong, I've tried to go back and find it and i'm the suck at searching threads.

I think though, there might be something in the idea of people that have mentioned civ bts I know it's come up around the edges by more than one person. Since - as far as I can see, there isn't any. I'm frustrated for the night so I'm off to bed. It's just something I'd like to explore further and if someone else could help me with it, I'd be forever thankful for them for helping me follow my theory.
I don't know of any civ *roles* that grant btsc, but there is a plasmid that's capable of doing so. I think it's a little unlikely at this point though.
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

Epignosis wrote:
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:
nutella wrote:
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:^I don't know I can't feel a vote for Boats today. :p Don't really feel he's bad. Maybe just me though.

...Ooooo-kayy?? Care to explain why you feel this way? Any particular reason? You're being mysterious. o_o
Or are you just being defensive of his being quiet, because you're pretty quiet too :p

I don't think he's civ or anything, but I don't really suspect him for what he did. Like I explained earlier, I admittedly do the same thing lots. Even when I'm civ. Also in the few games he's played, this behaviour seems very regular for him. Not anything I'd like to jump on him for really. But that's just me.

Wait a minute- you "don't really feel he's bad" and yet you "don't think he's civ or anything."

I'm having a difficult time reconciling these statements. What do you think he is then, a figment of our imagination?

Ok, not only did I think this was funny, I think it is a good catch. DP goes all over the place here. It doesn't really make sense to me, and the whole whisy-washy nature of it is suspicious. Once again, something for people to keep an eye on.

Added; @ Epi, yeah, that "fellow civvies" line caught my eye too.I feel like if you have to say "my fellow civvies" you are trying a bit too hard.

Added: @Snow, crazier things have happened in a mafia game :D I would not be surprised if llama was right about the BTeam.

Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Bullzeye »

AceofSpaces wrote: This is actually a pretty good point, and something to keep in mind. Bullz is just as suspicious, and the timing of his vote actually fits with trying to save BWT (if I remember correctly.) He has also been quick to deflect everyone's attention away from him, but agreeing with DH on Boo and what not. I might throw my vote his way today.
That's actually not that good of a point because none of it is true. I haven't ignored the case against me, I've answered people's suspicions as much as I can and have stopped doing so because there's really nothing more to say on the matter. I'm not trying to discredit the idea I'm BWT's teammate except in the sense that I know it couldn't be more wrong and am continuing to say so. I don't get how I'm apparently not allowed to be suspicious of people for reasons that other people are suspicious of me but whatever. I think there's good evidence Boo could be bad, and I acknowledge the fact that people think there's similar proof for me being BWT's teammate but it is not in any way a baddie move for me to say people are wrong when they accuse me of being bad.

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Apparently that was actually 27, I've basically given up trying to keep track of post numbers now tbh...
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Nevinera »

Epignosis wrote: I don't know what degree of discussion is permissible and I'd like to err on the side of caution. Perhaps you should reread the role descriptions. As for me, I'm just not sure I buy it is all- if boo is saying what I think he's saying, then, well, he a damn fool. :|

I have. I've reread them a dozen times today. I see the people he must be claiming to be one of, but I do not see any role or combination of events that would explain his belief that anyone specific would get lynched the following day.

I also see no *evidence* to support his claims, and I rather care about that - if I were going to pretend to be someone specific to get out of being lynched, I would certainly pick one of those few roles to pretend to be. It's unverifiable, and it would present the least threat to the most people.

I'm voting for Boo.

AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

@Epi, in regards to what I now think of boo and his post.

Fully caught up now. Looking at boo, I'm almost positive we should not lynch him. I think he's recent behavior is just him giving up and not caring what happens next. It is a mistake on his part, but I can't play his game for him. All I can do is strongly suggest we don't lynch him. Some people have suggested he is Sander Cohen. If that is the case, he already has five votes. So it will be painfully obvious if Cohen start night killing who he is, and we can lynch him then. I do not think boo is Cohen.

I'd much rather lynch someone like Bea today.

@Bullz, but you do understand *why* you are on my suspect list? I can't just look at all the people who could have saved BWT and say "Well...Bullz agree's with this theory too, so he must not be bad." I've read your defense, and I will consider it when deciding where to place my vote today.

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

@Epi -- your recent points about Bea are great catches. I hadn't really followed the case on her until you pointed out some very strange ways she worded things. I am definitely interested in looking at her next, but today I'd like to go for a Boats lynch. With what Aces is saying about Boo (and Boo's latest bizarre post), I'm definitely concerned that lynching Boo could be a bad idea -- I still don't completely understand what's going on but Aces sounds genuine about it. And it's pretty clear that there's no civvie BTSC that would fit what Boats must have. Plus, basically everything else about him is suspicious. I don't think I'm going to change my mind so *votes Boats*.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Damn it that should be 19.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Nevinera wrote:
Epignosis wrote: I don't know what degree of discussion is permissible and I'd like to err on the side of caution. Perhaps you should reread the role descriptions. As for me, I'm just not sure I buy it is all- if boo is saying what I think he's saying, then, well, he a damn fool. :|

I have. I've reread them a dozen times today. I see the people he must be claiming to be one of, but I do not see any role or combination of events that would explain his belief that anyone specific would get lynched the following day.

I also see no *evidence* to support his claims, and I rather care about that - if I were going to pretend to be someone specific to get out of being lynched, I would certainly pick one of those few roles to pretend to be. It's unverifiable, and it would present the least threat to the most people.

I'm voting for Boo.

I understand and respect your decision. My hesitation comes not from boo's own posts, but from AceofSpaces sudden turnaround and his warning. I'm still mulling this over. :ponder:

Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

AceofSpaces wrote:@Epi, in regards to what I now think of boo and his post.

Fully caught up now. Looking at boo, I'm almost positive we should not lynch him. I think he's recent behavior is just him giving up and not caring what happens next. It is a mistake on his part, but I can't play his game for him. All I can do is strongly suggest we don't lynch him. Some people have suggested he is Sander Cohen. If that is the case, he already has five votes. So it will be painfully obvious if Cohen start night killing who he is, and we can lynch him then. I do not think boo is Cohen.

I'd much rather lynch someone like Bea today.

@Bullz, but you do understand *why* you are on my suspect list? I can't just look at all the people who could have saved BWT and say "Well...Bullz agree's with this theory too, so he must not be bad." I've read your defense, and I will consider it when deciding where to place my vote today.

I do understand why people are suspicious of me, I've said as much quite a few times. My intention by looking for BWT's team is not to make people forget I'm suspicious, it's to find BWT's teammates because that's the only way I can conclusively prove I'm not one of them short of being lynched. I just don't see how my doing that is 'ignoring' or 'trying to discredit' people's thoughts about me. If I wanted to discredit something the last thing I'd do is agree with the other suspicions of my chief accuser.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Epignosis wrote:
Nevinera wrote:

I'm voting for Boo.

I understand and respect your decision. My hesitation comes not from boo's own posts, but from AceofSpaces sudden turnaround and his warning. I'm still mulling this over. :ponder:

Yes it is definitely giving me pause for thought. It worries me enough that I am considering a Boats, Bea or Bullz vote. Not sure too much on Bullz yet because besides his voting, his posts ring true. Boats and Bea on the other hand.....
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

Snow Dog wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Nevinera wrote:

I'm voting for Boo.

Yes it is definitely giving me pause for thought. It worries me enough that I am considering a Boats, Bea or Bullz vote. Not sure too much on Bullz yet because besides his voting, his posts ring true. Boats and Bea on the other hand.....

I'm leaning most heavily towards Bea. The evidence against her is solid. Boats, I don't really know. Has he even posted today? Something tells me if he misses another vote, we won't have to worry about him anymore. Bullz, I could go either way with. I'm not convinced he isn't bad, but I'm also not willing to vote for him over someone like Bea, who I have a much stronger feeling about.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

AceofSpaces wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Nevinera wrote:

I'm voting for Boo.

I'm leaning most heavily towards Bea. The evidence against her is solid. Boats, I don't really know. Has he even posted today? Something tells me if he misses another vote, we won't have to worry about him anymore. Bullz, I could go either way with. I'm not convinced he isn't bad, but I'm also not willing to vote for him over someone like Bea, who I have a much stronger feeling about.

It's going to be Boats or bea for me today. I think the evidence and even the subtext of her posts look solidly bad. As I keep saying, however, I am waiting to hear from Boats.

And yeah, as far as missing three out of four polls, I would imagine something nasty in store. Is there a fate worse than death in Mafia?

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

There is lots of great evidence being thrown around about bea. I will be looking in her direction in the future. Also, I see a good point in waiting to lynch Boats. If he misses a 3rd vote our Sock God may become very angry and take drastic measures. So I am going to wait to vote for Boats.
I'm still not convinced about boo, though. If he is a morally ambiguous civ I see nothing in the roles that would set the civs back after his lynch (aside from the obvious loss of another civ's vote). Therefore, I think his posts are just a desparate attempt to avoid getting any(more) votes in today's lynch and in all future lynches. The level of desparation and maliciousness he is putting into his posts smells baddie to me. Also, he did say that should he survive this lynch he would begin playing as an insane Zany Dex (in my own words) and I don't believe we need that at this point.

I am casting my vote now in case I am swamped with training after lunch today
*votes boo*

Linki Epig

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

This is what I just witnessed: "Devin posted an opinion!@!!!@! :omg: :omg: :omg: (Everyone leaves the thread to contemplate this unusual phenomenon)
:haha:

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Spacedaisy »

Well I need to vote now. I am voting Boo because I find it unlikely that he is claiming a role "as close to civ" as you can get in this game in the same post where he basically tells us that if we think anyone is friend rule civ friendly in this game we are damn fools. I was leaning towards him already after the "You" comment and complaints about his perceived threat, but that sealed it for me.

*votes Boo*
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

Well, I've said my peace. It's up to y'all to listen to me or not. I am going to vote for Bea as she is the better choice. Regardless of what happens, I'm sure this lynch will prove informational for everyone.

@ Russ, I don't think I've seen your thoughts on recent developments. What say you?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

AceofSpaces wrote:Well, I've said my peace. It's up to y'all to listen to me or not. I am going to vote for Bea as she is the better choice. Regardless of what happens, I'm sure this lynch will prove informational for everyone.

@ Russ, I don't think I've seen your thoughts on recent developments. What say you?
I appreciate your observations. That said, I hope you turn out to be wrong about boo, I really do. I'd also like to know what DisgruntledPorcupine was going on about regarding Boats.

AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

Epignosis wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:Well, I've said my peace. It's up to y'all to listen to me or not. I am going to vote for Bea as she is the better choice. Regardless of what happens, I'm sure this lynch will prove informational for everyone.

I appreciate your observations. That said, I hope you turn out to be wrong about boo, I really do. I'd also like to know what DisgruntledPorcupine was going on about regarding Boats.

Honestly, at this point I hope I am wrong about boo too. It looks like he'll get lynched no matter what today, so I really do hope he is bad. Unfortunately, I have reason to believe otherwise. I guess we'll find out. On a better note, today's discussion has revealed a lot of possible directions for us to go in the following days. I'm confident that we are on the right track overall.

Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

I was asleep. 3 pages in 12 hours....you guys are maniacs. Will post my thoughts after rereading the roles.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

AceofSpaces wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Honestly, at this point I hope I am wrong about boo too. It looks like he'll get lynched no matter what today, so I really do hope he is bad. Unfortunately, I have reason to believe otherwise. I guess we'll find out. On a better note, today's discussion has revealed a lot of possible directions for us to go in the following days. I'm confident that we are on the right track overall.

If you are right, though, that is going to be a massive revelation, I think. If not, then our present list of suspects is probably worthy of continued suspicion. :srsnod:

My fear is that there are so many people who've said next to nothing, and it's possible we're giving them a good reason to keep doing so.

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Epignosis wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

If you are right, though, that is going to be a massive revelation, I think. If not, then our present list of suspects is probably worthy of continued suspicion. :srsnod:

My fear is that there are so many people who've said next to nothing, and it's possible we're giving them a good reason to keep doing so.

:haha: I think you're right about quiet players staying quiet, especially with this contest in progress. However, I just don't see what you guys are saying about boo. In his second long defense post he said more or less explicitly that he was a morally ambiguous civ. I read those roles carefully and saw absolutely nothing that would hurt anyone from lynching one of those players. Can you guys be more precise?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Russtifinko wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

:haha: I think you're right about quiet players staying quiet, especially with this contest in progress. However, I just don't see what you guys are saying about boo. In his second long defense post he said more or less explicitly that he was a morally ambiguous civ. I read those roles carefully and saw absolutely nothing that would hurt anyone from lynching one of those players. Can you guys be more precise?
My personal opinion is that boo was lying his ass off. The specifics of what he's said (and how he presented himself) doesn't add up if what he were saying is actually true. It's primarily AceofSpaces reaction that stays my hand- that, and the fact that we have no shortage of others worth lynching.

The takeaway from this, I guess, is if boo is your #1 suspect and you're not buying what he's selling, then by all means, vote for him. I'm just a little nervous is all. :)

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Epignosis wrote:
My personal opinion is that boo was lying his ass off. The specifics of what he's said (and how he presented himself) doesn't add up if what he were saying is actually true. It's primarily AceofSpaces reaction that stays my hand- that, and the fact that we have no shortage of others worth lynching.

The takeaway from this, I guess, is if boo is your #1 suspect and you're not buying what he's selling, then by all means, vote for him. I'm just a little nervous is all. :)

Ok, well I fully agree that boo was lying his ass off, and so I'm glad I voted him. I don't know what to make of Aces suddenly defending him, especially after they went at each other Day 1. In light of this, contrary to what I said before, I will now give Aces a very hard look if boo does flip bad. It's possible the Day 1 thing was staged. Wanna hear more thoughts regarding others? Ask me! Hint: I'm trying to up my post count.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Russtifinko wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Ok, well I fully agree that boo was lying his ass off, and so I'm glad I voted him. I don't know what to make of Aces suddenly defending him, especially after they went at each other Day 1. In light of this, contrary to what I said before, I will now give Aces a very hard look if boo does flip bad. It's possible the Day 1 thing was staged. Wanna hear more thoughts regarding others? Ask me! Hint: I'm trying to up my post count.

Ah, I didn't notice you had already voted. Sorry!

Your theory about AceofSpaces and boo staging their animosity (and therefore this outlandish episode) did cross my mind. The reason I dismissed it is that AceofSpaces came very close to being lynched on Day 2, and boo voted for him. That makes it very hard for me to believe that the Ace vs boo Day 1 wasn't genuine.

Ajira
Posts in topic: 7

Post by Ajira »

I have spent the last hour skimming through the posts, but there are just too many to fully catch up. Honestly, I am finding visiting this thread rather intimidating; unless I devote my entire mafia time to this game, I don't see how I will be able to keep up with things. There's just too much to read. I feel terrible for not being of any help so far, and I would request MP to find a replacement, but I think I would feel even more terrible about that considering how difficult it will be for a new player to catch up, and how much I was looking forward to this game. I would say I will be more active from the next day period, and hopefully be able to contribute, but I have made that promise earlier, and haven't been able to keep it.

Regarding boo, I do trust Aces judgment, but Boo's defense seems over the top to me, and the scare tactics seem to change the form they take - first it's a lynch switch threat, then it's about being an important townie role. It doesn't fit.

I am voting boo.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Epignosis wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Your theory about AceofSpaces and boo staging their animosity (and therefore this outlandish episode) did cross my mind. The reason I dismissed it is that AceofSpaces came very close to being lynched on Day 2, and boo voted for him. That makes it very hard for me to believe that the Ace vs boo Day 1 wasn't genuine.

That's a very good point. In that case, I don't know what to make of Aces either way yet. Have you noticed that Ajira is signed on? I don't recall seeing any posts from him for a while. I wonder if he'll contribute any thoughts?

Linki: Speak of the devil. I'll have to read up, but Skyping my girlfriend first.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Russtifinko wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

That's a very good point. In that case, I don't know what to make of Aces either way yet. Have you noticed that Ajira is signed on? I don't recall seeing any posts from him for a while. I wonder if he'll contribute any thoughts?

Linki: Speak of the devil. I'll have to read up, but Skyping my girlfriend first.

It would be a complete kick in the head if Ace and boo were birdwithteeth11's teammates. I'm sitting here imagining their BTSC. :haha:

Since you're trying to escape an MP punishment (and frankly I'm tired of talking about the same business), tell me what you think about the Dom / Snow Dog back and forth on Day 2. We haven't heard from Dom in a while. He seemed to go after Snow Dog pretty hard. I think Dom was trying to make something stick and it didn't. But Dom did get Lizzy to vote for Snow Dog.

AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

@Epi, whenever you have this many players, you're going to have that problem. Hopefully we transition out of the early game things will pick up. I also feel that challenge like this one can be a double edge sword. We've had some terrific discussion come from this, but I can see how it may be hard for the more casual player to keep up. My advise would be for people to do what I did. Catch up a page at a time, post your thoughts when you have them, and ask others to clarify anything you have a question about.

Speaking of...Ajira, I see you've posted. That's cool. I look forward to seeing you more active in the days ahead.

Added: @Russ. I really can't say too much more about my thoughts on boo. Sorry. I'd just advise reading the roles again and hopefully you'll see something. As far as me and boo staging anything, that isn't true. Boo's vote for me day two could have killed me. As I've said before, I think boo has been playing this game with blinders on after day one. I believe he genuinely thinks I am bad, but he is wrong.

Added: LET ME POST!!

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

AceofSpaces wrote:@Epi, whenever you have this many players, you're going to have that problem. Hopefully we transition out of the early game things will pick up. I also feel that challenge like this one can be a double edge sword. We've had some terrific discussion come from this, but I can see how it may be hard for the more casual player to keep up. My advise would be for people to do what I did. Catch up a page at a time, post your thoughts when you have them, and ask others to clarify anything you have a question about.

Speaking of...Ajira, I see you've posted. That's cool. I look forward to seeing you more active in the days ahead.

Added: @Russ. I really can't say too much more about my thoughts on boo. Sorry. I'd just advise reading the roles again and hopefully you'll see something. As far as me and boo staging anything, that isn't true. Boo's vote for me day two could have killed me. As I've said before, I think boo has been playing this game with blinders on after day one. I believe he genuinely thinks I am bad, but he is wrong.

Added: LET ME POST!!

I would be curious as to why boo would think you are bad. I had already read back through and frankly the accusation seemed catty and bereft of any substance.

Aces, what do you think of the Dom / Snow Dog episode? This talk of you and boo working together makes me wonder if the two of them were staging that thing.

Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

@Epignosis. To be fair to Dom I can see why i stood out for a challenge. It was pretty unwise to express my thoughts in such away regarding asking everyone to lynch agleaminranks. And then in my defense I brought up someone else who had similar thoughts. I think it was Aces. I got a b it over defensive probably and he seemed to think I was trying to turn attention on to him. I wasn't, not intentionally anyway.
Anyway I thought the whole thing had blown over.
I'm wondering why people are so keen to disregard my Vompatti theory. His trying to put a spanner in the works in the event. A baddie might do that. His strange post regarding everyon thinking he was Lizzy's civ friend. I don't as they say getb "warm fuzzies" from him. Probably a discusion for later though. We have bigger fish to fry.

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Snow Dog wrote:@Epignosis. To be fair to Dom I can see why i stood out for a challenge. It was pretty unwise to express my thoughts in such away regarding asking everyone to lynch agleaminranks. And then in my defense I brought up someone else who had similar thoughts. I think it was Aces. I got a b it over defensive probably and he seemed to think I was trying to turn attention on to him. I wasn't, not intentionally anyway.
I'm wondering why people are so keen to disregard my Vompatti theory. His trying to put a spanner in the works in the event. A baddie might do that. His strange post regarding everyon thinking he was Lizzy's civ friend. I don't as they say getb "warm fuzzies" from him. Probably a discusion for later though. We have bigger fish to fry.

What is a spanner? Never mind, I looked it up. Never used that word before.

And to hell with later. I'm tired of talking about the same shit.

As for Vompatti, he vouched for thellama73 and turned out to be right. He vouched for Lizzy who got killed by a splicer. So I'm (still) up in the air about him.

Zany Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Zany Dex »

Why...sooooo..... SERIOUS.....

a stopped clock is right twice a day
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Epignosis wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:@Epignosis. To be fair to Dom I can see why i stood out for a challenge. It was pretty unwise to express my thoughts in such away regarding asking everyone to lynch agleaminranks. And then in my defense I brought up someone else who had similar thoughts. I think it was Aces. I got a b it over defensive probably and he seemed to think I was trying to turn attention on to him. I wasn't, not intentionally anyway.

As for Vompatti, he vouched for thellama73 and turned out to be right. He vouched for Lizzy who got killed by a splicer. So I'm (still) up in the air about him.

haha..I never use the word wrench either. The difference of our same language. Do you say "Putting a wrench in the works"?

Ok he vouched for Llama, but I vouched for boogs recently in rey's game and I was bad. It gets him civ cred. Alright I admit, I am not totally sold on Vomps being bad. Just putting it out there just in case something else comes to light. I certainly won't be pushing for a Vompatti lynch soon. If at all if I am convinced otherwise.

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 138

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote: haha..I never use the word wrench either. The difference of our same language. Do you say "Putting a wrench in the works"?
It's usually "throwing a wrench in the works" but yes. While the word wrench has a rather violent connotation (if you wrench a wrench, you are probably using it wrong) I don't understand spanner at all. What does it span? A spanner should be something that holds two things apart, creating a gap, I would think.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote: haha..I never use the word wrench either. The difference of our same language. Do you say "Putting a wrench in the works"?
It's usually "throwing a wrench in the works" but yes. While the word wrench has a rather violent connotation (if you wrench a wrench, you are probably using it wrong) I don't understand spanner at all. What does it span? A spanner should be something that holds two things apart, creating a gap, I would think.

I guess it spans the nut that will be turned. All i know is it is the word we use in Britain. You just won't hear wrench much unless it's a monkey wrench which i believe is an adjustable spanner.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Snow Dog wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

haha..I never use the word wrench either. The difference of our same language. Do you say "Putting a wrench in the works"?

Ok he vouched for Llama, but I vouched for boogs recently in rey's game and I was bad. It gets him civ cred. Alright I admit, I am not totally sold on Vomps being bad. Just putting it out there just in case something else comes to light. I certainly won't be pushing for a Vompatti lynch soon. If at all if I am convinced otherwise.

Yeah, we actually say "throw a wrench into the works."

Addendum: Yep.

Anyway, I wouldn't be comfortable with a Vompatti lynch. He's weird, and I think he takes odd chances, but that's all (at this point).

Also, it seems the GOB voted (again?) without saying a word.

Return to “Previous Jobs”