[END] Bioshock Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

You and Bioshock: Which have you played and would you be interested in my upcoming sequel?

Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
43%
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
I have played neither - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
7%
I have played neither - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Sockface only - Of course I have played both and am interested, and I will be hosting a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
21%

Total votes: 14
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 120

Re: [DAY 4] Bioshock Mafia

Post by Bullzeye »

I'm gonna stick my vote onto Boo while I remember. *Votes Boo*
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 109

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epig, good job on the posting contest! Seems I fell behind slightly due to taking today to prep and pack for vacation. Oh well at least I'm not last.

our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:Epig, good job on the posting contest! Seems I fell behind slightly due to taking today to prep and pack for vacation. Oh well at least I'm not last.

Thanks! It has cost me an entire day. :solitary:

We did have a lot of discussion though, and I think AceofSpaces was rather helpful (even if I ultimately disagree with his judgment).

I am still torn between bea and Boats, and as you have seen, we still have not heard from the latter. I'll probably check the time stamps of when he usually posts to see if there's any chance he'll be on later before the deadline.

Where are you going for vacation?

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Epi, to be honest I kind of dismissed the entire Dom-Snow Dog thing at the time, having been more occupied with other lynch candidates. I still think it's not Priority #1. I tend to believe Snow Dog when he says he posted in annoyance regarding agleaminranks. I shared his frustration with the strange in-game behavior of agleam and others, and if I'm being totally honest I think it colored my opinions of some players (Lizzy comes to mind). So I see where Snowie was coming from there, and nothing else he's done has drawn my attention particularly.

Dom did go after Snowie pretty hard for that, which I disagreed with, but he can play how he wants. He's only posted 16 times in this game, I believe, so there's little material to go on, and I think I only played with him in MOTU and had trouble reading him there. I guess if I had to pick one, I'd say he looks slightly less civ to me than Snowie. I'll take a look at their voting records though.

What are your thoughts on Boomslang? I think his contributions today have been noteworthy.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 85

Post by AceofSpaces »

Epignosis wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:@Epi, whenever you have this many players, you're going to have that problem. Hopefully we transition out of the early game things will pick up. I also feel that challenge like this one can be a double edge sword. We've had some terrific discussion come from this, but I can see how it may be hard for the more casual player to keep up. My advise would be for people to do what I did. Catch up a page at a time, post your thoughts when you have them, and ask others to clarify anything you have a question about.

Speaking of...Ajira, I see you've posted. That's cool. I look forward to seeing you more active in the days ahead.

Added: @Russ. I really can't say too much more about my thoughts on boo. Sorry. I'd just advise reading the roles again and hopefully you'll see something. As far as me and boo staging anything, that isn't true. Boo's vote for me day two could have killed me. As I've said before, I think boo has been playing this game with blinders on after day one. I believe he genuinely thinks I am bad, but he is wrong.

Added: LET ME POST!!

I would be curious as to why boo would think you are bad. I had already read back through and frankly the accusation seemed catty and bereft of any substance.

Aces, what do you think of the Dom / Snow Dog episode? This talk of you and boo working together makes me wonder if the two of them were staging that thing.

When I first saw Snow Dog bring me up like that, I thought he was deflecting. I also thought it was weird how it said he thought I was a civie, but appeared to be deflecting onto me. But he has since explained it, and I accept his explanation. Right now I am not overly suspicious of Snow Dog.

As far as Dom goes, I have no read on him. He hasn't really said much else after no one latched onto his Snow Dog talk, so I don't know what to make of that.

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Yeah, their vote records didn't help much. Dom voted for llama twice and Snowie on Day 2. Snowie went for A Person on Day 1 and Lizzy the next two days. Nothing particularly damning or good in either case. My guess is that Dom just overreacted to Snowie's overreaction, but I don't think either post says much about their alignments.

Linki: Aces, mind quoting where Snow Dog deflected onto you?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Russtifinko wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
My personal opinion is that boo was lying his ass off. The specifics of what he's said (and how he presented himself) doesn't add up if what he were saying is actually true. It's primarily AceofSpaces reaction that stays my hand- that, and the fact that we have no shortage of others worth lynching.

The takeaway from this, I guess, is if boo is your #1 suspect and you're not buying what he's selling, then by all means, vote for him. I'm just a little nervous is all. :)

Ok, well I fully agree that boo was lying his ass off, and so I'm glad I voted him. I don't know what to make of Aces suddenly defending him, especially after they went at each other Day 1. In light of this, contrary to what I said before, I will now give Aces a very hard look if boo does flip bad. It's possible the Day 1 thing was staged. Wanna hear more thoughts regarding others? Ask me! Hint: I'm trying to up my post count.

:haha:

Ah, I didn't notice you had already voted. Sorry!

Your theory about AceofSpaces and boo staging their animosity (and therefore this outlandish episode) did cross my mind. The reason I dismissed it is that AceofSpaces came very close to being lynched on Day 2, and boo voted for him. That makes it very hard for me to believe that the Ace vs boo Day 1 wasn't genuine.

That's a very good point. In that case, I don't know what to make of Aces either way yet. Have you noticed that Ajira is signed on? I don't recall seeing any posts from him for a while. I wonder if he'll contribute any thoughts?

Linki: Speak of the devil. I'll have to read up, but Skyping my girlfriend first.

Practice safe Skyping - Wear an internet condom!

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Russtifinko wrote:Epi, to be honest I kind of dismissed the entire Dom-Snow Dog thing at the time, having been more occupied with other lynch candidates. I still think it's not Priority #1. I tend to believe Snow Dog when he says he posted in annoyance regarding agleaminranks. I shared his frustration with the strange in-game behavior of agleam and others, and if I'm being totally honest I think it colored my opinions of some players (Lizzy comes to mind). So I see where Snowie was coming from there, and nothing else he's done has drawn my attention particularly.

Dom did go after Snowie pretty hard for that, which I disagreed with, but he can play how he wants. He's only posted 16 times in this game, I believe, so there's little material to go on, and I think I only played with him in MOTU and had trouble reading him there. I guess if I had to pick one, I'd say he looks slightly less civ to me than Snowie. I'll take a look at their voting records though.

What are your thoughts on Boomslang? I think his contributions today have been noteworthy.

Boomslang confuses me. There's no indication of good BTSC on page one, and his explanation that he apparently thought Ryan sending a name to Sullivan was code-speak for BTSC makes absolutely no sense. I don't see why anyone would read it that way.

There's also this that I've been mulling over:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 730#p23730

Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Snow Dog »

Epignosis wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:@Epignosis. To be fair to Dom I can see why i stood out for a challenge. It was pretty unwise to express my thoughts in such away regarding asking everyone to lynch agleaminranks. And then in my defense I brought up someone else who had similar thoughts. I think it was Aces. I got a b it over defensive probably and he seemed to think I was trying to turn attention on to him. I wasn't, not intentionally anyway.
Anyway I thought the whole thing had blown over.
I'm wondering why people are so keen to disregard my Vompatti theory. His trying to put a spanner in the works in the event. A baddie might do that. His strange post regarding everyon thinking he was Lizzy's civ friend. I don't as they say getb "warm fuzzies" from him. Probably a discusion for later though. We have bigger fish to fry.

What is a spanner? Never mind, I looked it up. Never used that word before.

And to hell with later. I'm tired of talking about the same shit.

As for Vompatti, he vouched for thellama73 and turned out to be right. He vouched for Lizzy who got killed by a splicer. So I'm (still) up in the air about him.

haha..I never use the word wrench either. The difference of our same language. Do you say "Putting a wrench in the works"?

Ok he vouched for Llama, but I vouched for boogs recently in rey's game and I was bad. It gets him civ cred. Alright I admit, I am not totally sold on Vomps being bad. Just putting it out there just in case something else comes to light. I certainly won't be pushing for a Vompatti lynch soon. If at all if I am convinced otherwise.

Yeah, we actually say "throw a wrench into the works."

Addendum: Yep.

Anyway, I wouldn't be comfortable with a Vompatti lynch. He's weird, and I think he takes odd chances, but that's all (at this point).

Also, it seems the GOB voted (again?) without saying a word.

Yes. You are right about Vomps being weird. That is why he is so hard to pin down. But as no one else seems to agree then I'll drop it.
I think I am going to vote Boo after all. Bea can wait for now.

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Florida for a week Epig. :D

ImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:Florida for a week Epig. :D
We used to live there. What part?
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 85

Re: [DAY 2] Bioshock Mafia

Post by AceofSpaces »

AceofSpaces wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:First of all RIP and juliets.
Dom wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:Dom, frankly I don't care if you liked what I said or not. I admit I back pedalled a little because I shouldn't have posted in annoyance. But that doesn't make me bad. A bad person maybe and maybe bad judgement in posting it. But not in game bad.
Why not vote for Aceofspaces who was even more forthright than I? I don't see you questioning his post!
Because he didn't say that he didn't care about allignment.... . . ... ...? You seemed a bit more extreme to me. And I don't think Aces is bad at the moment... nice subtle attempt to bring attention onto me, though.

Snow Dog wrote:In case anybody else thinks I was completely out of order in my comment regarding aglaminranks, may I take this opportunity to remind everyone of what AceofSpaces said.
No one look at me! Look at Aces!

Lizzy wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I think Lizzy is probably innocent and I will defend her to my last breath.
omgomgogngh :hugs: I will defend you with my life as well k innocent or guilty :hugs:
:eye:
Simply pointing out Aces pretty much has the same opinion as me. Look at me everyone. I'm just saying that. This Dom guy seems a bit desperate to be honest. I actually think Aces is civ too and won't vote for him for sharing my opinion.

And how was I bringing attention on you subtly actually? Bit paranoid. You credit me with far too much savvy.
Just wanted to bring this up, because it had been bothering me for awhile. Snow Dog says he thinks I am a Civ, and that *he* wouldn't vote for me. But in those other other quotes about he very strongly deflects suspicion put on him onto me. He also directly suggest people vote for me. That bothers me.

He's also voted for Lizzy for the past two days. To me that seems like a throwaway vote, so he doesn't have to be responsible for whoever gets lynched. He's peaked my interest. I just wanted to know what anyone else thought of this, or of Snow Dog in general.

@Russ, here you go.I have provided Snows post, Doms post, and my reaction to them. Since then Snow has explained his intentions were not to deflect but to question why Dom was specifically targeting him, when there were other people (me) doing the same thing. Admittidly, it is still kind of deflectish, but I see why Snow would say it.

DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

Epignosis wrote:

Orlando! Though we're staying away from parks this year and just focusing on having fun in Orlando proper.

I don't know what to think about this Ace/Boo revelation. On the one hand ID necessarily GAF what Aces gut is telling him because my gut is telling me the opposite. And things have backed up my gut. On the other hand, if I'm wrong about boo I'll feel pretty dumb. Though I won't feel all that bad as, as I said, he seems to be in a mode that can best be described as "me or him" so, I'll pick him every time. Boats (and other non voters) being slammed by MP is something I've considered and is a good point in favor of letting nature take its course on that front. Though in GOB's case, he seems to be catching the votes and just not posting, so that might be something to address ourselves rather than let MP handle it behind the scenes.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Boomslang »

Epignosis wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Epi, to be honest I kind of dismissed the entire Dom-Snow Dog thing at the time, having been more occupied with other lynch candidates. I still think it's not Priority #1. I tend to believe Snow Dog when he says he posted in annoyance regarding agleaminranks. I shared his frustration with the strange in-game behavior of agleam and others, and if I'm being totally honest I think it colored my opinions of some players (Lizzy comes to mind). So I see where Snowie was coming from there, and nothing else he's done has drawn my attention particularly.

Boomslang confuses me. There's no indication of good BTSC on page one, and his explanation that he apparently thought Ryan sending a name to Sullivan was code-speak for BTSC makes absolutely no sense. I don't see why anyone would read it that way.

There's also this that I've been mulling over:

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 730#p23730

I freely admit, I screwed up my interpretation of the whole Ryan/Sullivan thing. I thought it meant a lot more than it likely actually does, but to be fair, knowing who Ryan wants dead is still a pretty legitimate piece of information to have and could influence thread discussion. Not pages worth of catchup, but it's something to consider. I also stand by that other post you reference, Epig. Yeah, it was early in the game, and there are better targets for the next few lynches, but Llama did take the plasmid early in the poll.

Speaking of those targets, the cases against boo and bea both seem pretty tight. Putting my money where my mouth is and *voting boo*.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

@Aces. I see. Thanks. I had missed your name in all of that. In a later quote (please don't make me find it) Snow was responding to Dom's accusation that he deflected onto Dom, and he actually (I think) deflected to Dom again in the response post. However, Snow Dog has definitely deflected as a civ in previous games, and I almost find it more civ-Snowie than bad-Snowie to deflect, if that makes sense. Anyway, right now his posts are reading on-his-own Snowie more than BTSC-Snowie to me.

@Snow Dog, I am actually somewhat interested in your Vomps theory. Not to vote him before other, better, candidates, but just to keep an eye on him. I don't think him seeing llama as civ makes him bad (after all, I thought llama was probably good too). The Lizzy thing interested me more, but we don't know her alignment now so I'm kind of in the dark as to what it means. I think it's also possible they just bonded over mutual weirdness and it had nothing to do with being in-game teammates.

@ Epi: I'm reluctant to vote G.O.B. yet because of his newness and how daunting the thread is, but this voting-without-posting thing is a pattern now, and not one I like. He would know not to do that if he read the thread after doing it the first time. He also showed up suspiciously quickly (in my opinion) to post after (I think it was bea) mentioning that he was too quiet, and then disappeared again. It's all starting to paint a very shady picture for me.

As for Boomslang, I thought his civ BTSC theory was very strange as well. It's possible he just misunderstood, I suppose. I also found it strange that he didn't even consider the possibility of the ADAM Guardians having BTSC. I just kind of assumed they would, since they're a baddie team, but no one has mentioned it. Do you think they have BTSC, and if so do you think people ignored the possibility on purpose during that discussion?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Sorry, that was

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Orlando! Though we're staying away from parks this year and just focusing on having fun in Orlando proper.

I don't know what to think about this Ace/Boo revelation. On the one hand ID necessarily GAF what Aces gut is telling him because my gut is telling me the opposite. And things have backed up my gut. On the other hand, if I'm wrong about boo I'll feel pretty dumb. Though I won't feel all that bad as, as I said, he seems to be in a mode that can best be described as "me or him" so, I'll pick him every time. Boats (and other non voters) being slammed by MP is something I've considered and is a good point in favor of letting nature take its course on that front. Though in GOB's case, he seems to be catching the votes and just not posting, so that might be something to address ourselves rather than let MP handle it behind the scenes.

We lived just north of Orlando for four years. I began as a teacher in Orlando. Hot as hell and fuck the lizards.

I won't vote for boo, but I am eager to see where this is going. Let me ask you something. If you could only vote for bea or Boats, which would you choose and why? Boats last talked around 5ish EST, so I don't mind waiting, but I'd be interested in your thoughts on that.

Addendum: Boomslang, I appreciate your response. That said, you should know that llama, despite his cool, logical manner on real life things, is highly impetuous in others!

DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Epignosis wrote:
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:
nutella wrote:
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:^I don't know I can't feel a vote for Boats today. :p Don't really feel he's bad. Maybe just me though.

...Ooooo-kayy?? Care to explain why you feel this way? Any particular reason? You're being mysterious. o_o
Or are you just being defensive of his being quiet, because you're pretty quiet too :p

I don't think he's civ or anything, but I don't really suspect him for what he did. Like I explained earlier, I admittedly do the same thing lots. Even when I'm civ. Also in the few games he's played, this behaviour seems very regular for him. Not anything I'd like to jump on him for really. But that's just me.

Wait a minute- you "don't really feel he's bad" and yet you "don't think he's civ or anything."

I'm having a difficult time reconciling these statements. What do you think he is then, a figment of our imagination?

It means I don't think he is civ and I do not think he's bad. In other words I have no opinion on his alignment right now. But who knows, maybe I am imagining him.

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Epignosis wrote:
DharmaHelper wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

We lived just north of Orlando for four years. I began as a teacher in Orlando. Hot as hell and fuck the lizards.

I won't vote for boo, but I am eager to see where this is going. Let me ask you something. If you could only vote for bea or Boats, which would you choose and why? Boats last talked around 5ish EST, so I don't mind waiting, but I'd be interested in your thoughts on that.

Addendum: Boomslang, I appreciate your response. That said, you should know that llama, despite his cool, logical manner on real life things, is highly impetuous in others!

Hey! Some of us resemble that remark!

I agree that boo's "Screw you all; if I can't win I hope you die!" attitude makes it hard to sympathize with him. Was Boomslang saying that he thinks llama is suspicious even though he is dead and flipped civ? That actually is even weirder to me that his theory about BTSC. Also, I thought it was clear from the post Boomslang quoted that llama had been joking in his exchange with Snow Dog. Again, different interpretations, which is fine, but all of this together is making me very uneasy about Ol' Boomy.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by indiglo »

bea wrote: ... snipped for space ...
I agree with everything you posted minus the stuff about me. Really, all that was meant was that I was looking for why I was suspect at the time. At first all I was getting was vague "I think bea might be bad" comments. It's hard to defend when one doesn't know what they are defending against. Even now, the most people can say is "yes, there's the timing of the vote. Which I get, but is more coincidental than indicative of my alignment" and "tone." To me, tone is hard to defend against. I was wishy-washy with my posting, because I was honest and my thinking was wishy-washy. I was not pretending to be dumb. I truly feel dumb in this game. I think I have a little more to go off now in making a more informed decision, but the first 3 days, I was really really lost. Hell part of me wanted to be lynched because I was so frustrated at not understanding and being accused of being bad for it.

Thanks for responding. :hugs: I get what you are saying, and it sounds like a reasonable possibility. So for the moment I am happy to watch and wait, and just hope you aren't pulling the wool over my eyes. :ponder:

Working on catching up on the thread currently. :lorab:

Oh, I agree, this posting contest has been a PITA for non-participants. (Sounds like it has been for participants too!) :haha: :p
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Snow Dog wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
nutella wrote:
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:^I don't know I can't feel a vote for Boats today. :p Don't really feel he's bad. Maybe just me though.

...Ooooo-kayy?? Care to explain why you feel this way? Any particular reason? You're being mysterious. o_o
Or are you just being defensive of his being quiet, because you're pretty quiet too :p

I don't think he's civ or anything, but I don't really suspect him for what he did. Like I explained earlier, I admittedly do the same thing lots. Even when I'm civ. Also in the few games he's played, this behaviour seems very regular for him. Not anything I'd like to jump on him for really. But that's just me.

Wait a minute- you "don't really feel he's bad" and yet you "don't think he's civ or anything."

I'm having a difficult time reconciling these statements. What do you think he is then, a figment of our imagination?

The bit I don't understand is DP saying "I admittedly do the same thing lots". The same of what lots? Reading really quickly and then posting a short time later with thoughts? Could you expand on this DP?

What I mean is I'll often skim quickly and then summarize what I gathered from that. Usually when I find there is too much to read thoroughly at the moment. Would seem he did the same.

nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Russtifinko wrote: As for Boomslang, I thought his civ BTSC theory was very strange as well. It's possible he just misunderstood, I suppose. I also found it strange that he didn't even consider the possibility of the ADAM Guardians having BTSC. I just kind of assumed they would, since they're a baddie team, but no one has mentioned it. Do you think they have BTSC, and if so do you think people ignored the possibility on purpose during that discussion?
I don't see why that's relevant because they're a baddie team. I don't get why Boomslang was talking about baddie btsc anyway. I feel like this whole discussion is pointless because it's already been established that there's no way Boats has btsc that's not a baddie/indie team.

to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
DharmaHelper

Post by DharmaHelper »

@Epig - If I had to vote between bea or Boat's I would pick bea. Again I'm hung up on how big yet empty her posts are. It feels to me that she is putting on the face of someone who is into discussion and participating, but not actually doing that. I could be wrong and it's definitely not enough to sway me right now, but you put a gun to my head so there you go.

@MP Would you kindly end the contest*

*at your own leisure and without feeling any obligation to do so by myself, your humble and loyal servant in all things.

ImageImage
ImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

DharmaHelper wrote: I am amused that boo's new thing is "If I can get lynched and that leads to DH getting lynched then hurray!". Because if boo's goal is for me to lose, then beating him will carry with it some great satisfaction whether he turns up bad or not. Having offered no legitimate defense, I can assume that he probably will turn up bad. :yay:

Had he made any effort to defend himself I would probably think differently (As Bullz and Nev have) but this just screams arrogance, and I cannot abide arrogance.

Still catching up, but pretty much... ^^this. :rolleyes:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote: What I mean is I'll often skim quickly and then summarize what I gathered from that. Usually when I find there is too much to read thoroughly at the moment. Would seem he did the same.

Would you kindly answer my concern? You "don't really feel he's bad" and yet you "don't think he's civ or anything." What is your stance on him? He's not shown up to speak for himself- and you seem okay doing so.

indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

(Quotes snipped for space.)
Epignosis wrote: The convincing thing regarding bea is that late vote on AceofSpaces.

Upon going back through bea's post, this stuck out at me:
bea wrote:I'm going with Aces I do agree though that epi is likely a good place to look next day cycle.
And this:
bea wrote:well crap. I either chose wrong or we were lucky and there were two baddies in that mix. I do have to say, David had me fooled.

well done epi for not letting up on his gut feeling. As rusti asked, I wouldn't mind knowing if there was anything besides gut that kept you going on.

llama - I've got no problems with you looking my way. I'm a civ this time round. If there's anything specific I can address, I'd be happy to.
I think we've brought this post up before. It strikes me as something a birdwithteeth teammate might just say. But this sticks out to me:

"Well crap" is not something a civilian says when a bad guy gets his comeuppance. That's just not the reaction one has, especially if there's a possibility that "there were two baddies in that mix."

Good points there on Bea. Did a quick flip flop on you too, Epi. I know that opinions on players change throughout the course of a game, but that one is especially obvious and strange.

AceofSpaces wrote:
bea wrote: And you know who's gotten quiet again after we gave him a pass? gob. Not one thing this whole period. And I'm guessing now that I've mentioned it, there will be more "oh, I got busy and now I am trying to do the best I can." - honestly, I was tweeked by him "playing the noob card" as soon as I mentioned it as an option. And I gave him the pass and now it's time to start playing the game.

I'll go with my fellow civs - if we want to lynch boo, I'm cool with that, but for one second don't think my eyes aren't all over gob. I'll throw votes his way in a heartbeat if he doesn't start playing the game like he says he was going to.
Speaking of Bea. This post immediately caught my eye. She points to GOB, a relatively quiet player. Now, while I don't like quiet players this late in the game ( no one point out my record in He-Man...) as I understand it GOB is a new player. I'm sympathetic to new players. It's easy to be intimidated by this game, especially with how fast the post have been coming in the past day.

To me, she seems to be trying to deflect attention to an easy target.

More good points on Bea. Isn't GOB brand new to mafia too, or did I just assume that because I've not seen him around before? And I notice "this late in the game"?? Isn't it like, Day 4? Now if it were Day 8, that's late in the game, but for someone who may be brand new to mafia we've only had 3 complete lynch cycles yet. So I think that is a really good point.

XOXO Epi Girl
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Epignosis wrote:
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote: What I mean is I'll often skim quickly and then summarize what I gathered from that. Usually when I find there is too much to read thoroughly at the moment. Would seem he did the same.

Would you kindly answer my concern? You "don't really feel he's bad" and yet you "don't think he's civ or anything." What is your stance on him? He's not shown up to speak for himself- and you seem okay doing so.

I did reply a few posts up. Said it meant I have no opinion on his alignment as of now. Also that the "figment of my imagination" theory is possible as well. :p

Zany Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 38

Re: Bioshock Mafia

Post by Zany Dex »

In no particular order I think one of there is bad
AceofSpaces
bea
sBoats
boo
Boomslang
Bullzeye
Devin the Omniscient
DFaraday
DharmaHelper
DisgruntledPorcupine
Dom
Epignosis
Flyin' High
G.O.B.
Hedgeowl
indiglo
insertnamehere
Matahari
Mongoose
Nevinera
nutella
Russtifinko
Snow Dog
Spacedaisy
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Vompatti

a stopped clock is right twice a day
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

* there

Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

These ***

DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

I'm going to vote boo. His llama vote fits in with what I was imagining earlier and people already have dirt on him. Seems like the good choice. :p

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

nutella wrote:
Russtifinko wrote: As for Boomslang, I thought his civ BTSC theory was very strange as well. It's possible he just misunderstood, I suppose. I also found it strange that he didn't even consider the possibility of the ADAM Guardians having BTSC. I just kind of assumed they would, since they're a baddie team, but no one has mentioned it. Do you think they have BTSC, and if so do you think people ignored the possibility on purpose during that discussion?
I don't see why that's relevant because they're a baddie team. I don't get why Boomslang was talking about baddie btsc anyway. I feel like this whole discussion is pointless because it's already been established that there's no way Boats has btsc that's not a baddie/indie team.

This is true. What I'm saying doesn't have much bearing on boo's goodness or badness. To be really explicit, I'm saying I think Boomslang was intentionally inflating the odds of civvie BTSC, possibly to undermine the arguments against Boats. I'll be watching them both very very closely from now on.

And it's also just good to know which baddie teams have BTSC, generally, so I'm trying to make sure people have the right info.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Also to throw stuff out there, well boo is one of my suspicions like I just said with the vote. Honestly I don't really have many. 3 games is hard for me to keep up with! :p I'll make sure never to do this again as it would seem I haven't learned the first million times I've done this.

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Dammit, DP. Your 3-sentence posts are going to get me punished. Mine are taking too long to type. :P

Would you like to hear any of my suspicions, or offer more of your own? Things should be discussed!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:Also to throw stuff out there, well boo is one of my suspicions like I just said with the vote. Honestly I don't really have many. 3 games is hard for me to keep up with! :p I'll make sure never to do this again as it would seem I haven't learned the first million times I've done this.

Besides this Boo vote you just seem so non committal. You just won't be pinned down. Now playing too many mafia games..I get that. I have done the same thing. You don't make it easy though. Wishy-washy. That is how I would describe you answers. Wishy-washy.
Ok you are saying that boats had time to skim the posts and his thoughts in, what was it..12 minutes? I mean if that is right the bottom falls out of the whole theory. Personally I don't know..never timed myself.

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

I am going to go ahead and vote. I need to take care of these monkeys, and then make a delicious dinner later with fresh veggies from the farmer's market. (My mouth is watering already) and I don't want to be rushed during any of it by "needing to mafia".

I'm going to go ahead and vote Boo. I can understand anyone feeling nervous about it, but I flat out don't believe him. Plus, I don't like attitudes like that messing up game play. Also from looking at the votes, I don't think anyone else has a chance in hell to get more votes than him... so there ya go! Votin', and then taking these monkeys out in the heat. Blah.

*votes Boo*

XOXO Epi Girl
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Hedgeowl »

For the love of...you people can talk. I have spent the last hour reading and trying to write a response post, but now it's time to eat so fuck it. I will finish my post later, since it doesn't matter anyway. Boo is getting lynched today unless there's some special magic out there.

Also Devin I completely agree :WTF:

votes boo
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

I'm going to go ahead and vote. Despite Ace's warning I am going to vote boo. Seems the most sensible option at this time.

Votes Boo
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Snow Dog wrote:
DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:Also to throw stuff out there, well boo is one of my suspicions like I just said with the vote. Honestly I don't really have many. 3 games is hard for me to keep up with! :p I'll make sure never to do this again as it would seem I haven't learned the first million times I've done this.

Besides this Boo vote you just seem so non committal. You just won't be pinned down. Now playing too many mafia games..I get that. I have done the same thing. You don't make it easy though. Wishy-washy. That is how I would describe you answers. Wishy-washy.
Ok you are saying that boats had time to skim the posts and his thoughts in, what was it..12 minutes? I mean if that is right the bottom falls out of the whole theory. Personally I don't know..never timed myself.

Based on how long my reread yesterday took (hours, to get everything straight), I doubt it's possible. Boats may be a faster reader than me. However, I doubt he's THAT much faster.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Russtifinko wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

Based on how long my reread yesterday took (hours, to get everything straight), I doubt it's possible. Boats may be a faster reader than me. However, I doubt he's THAT much faster.

I am voting for Boats and not abandoning my suspicion. I waited for him and he didn't show. I'm tired of wasting my time giving people the benefit of the doubt. Ace better be wrong on boo though.

DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Russtifinko wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

See that's the thing. You read thoroughly. Some people don't have the time and, sorry to say, patience to read hours of posts, so the posts get a quick skim, and often not all of them. Boats seems like a pretty slack (not meant negatively! meant in the sort of laid back way. :p ) guy from what I see of his play, so I think that's quite a possibility. Also, I think I'm gonna lose this contest. Gah. :p

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Nevinera »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote: See that's the thing. You read thoroughly. Some people don't have the time and, sorry to say, patience to read hours of posts, so the posts get a quick skim, and often not all of them. Boats seems like a pretty slack (not meant negatively! meant in the sort of laid back way. :p ) guy from what I see of his play, so I think that's quite a possibility. Also, I think I'm gonna lose this contest. Gah. :p

I initially agreed with you. But the more I thought about it, the more unlikely it seemed..
Take a look at his post - he didn't just throw out a 'whoa' or something, he commented on four separate threads of conversation, accurately.

Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Well I guess Boats could have skimmed everything. Someone pointed out that he seemed to have digested all the major events. I don't know. I'm happy with my boo vote, for now. I just hope it pans out. And don't forget, you can still overtake Mongoose and not lose!

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Flyin' High »

Russtifinko wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:

See that's the thing. You read thoroughly. Some people don't have the time and, sorry to say, patience to read hours of posts, so the posts get a quick skim, and often not all of them. Boats seems like a pretty slack (not meant negatively! meant in the sort of laid back way. :p ) guy from what I see of his play, so I think that's quite a possibility. Also, I think I'm gonna lose this contest. Gah. :p

If Boats had posted again and not summarized what had been happening in the posts he caught up on, I don't think anyone would have batted an eye. It was the fact that he highlighted specific discussion topics after such a short amount of time.

*Linki* I see Nevinera posted the same thing.

Me adding another vote to boo seems pointless now so while I feel there's a good chance he's not friendly (though Aces posts are giving me some pause) I am voting Boats today.

I feel like I could have just as easily voted for Dex again though! Join the discussion my friend! The more you act zany the more I feel like you're trying to distract from something.
ImageImage

bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Looks like boo's the one no mater where I vote, going with boats Most likely will go with boats the next lynch as well.

Thank you aces for finding the post I was looking for last night. My eyes were about to bleed from trying to find it. I think if boats does flip bad, there's something to look at there with people subtly pushing for civ bts that doesn't exist. I also think this could easily be applied to vomp as well.

And the thing with GOB isn't specifically because he's quiet. There's quiet and there's silent. It's that he's silent. He only spoke when I put a bit of pressure on him, just long enough to play the Noob Card, use the term correctly, and then fall right back off the face of the earth again. I prolly would have moved on from the point if at any time during the past 48 hours there had been any post at all from him. Even more, OMG, this game is so hard and confusing and the posting contest doesn't make it any easier. I can't shake the feeling that someone is telling him "staying quiet is working for you. No one really is putting any stock into it but Bea and half the thread thinks she's bad anyway."
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
boo
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 21

Post by boo »

Well Aces, I see only one role that can explain your turnaround. My problem with it is, I'm not sure why it would have taken you so long, so it gets you no trust from me, but that's hardly relevant now. I can't say I would have continued voting for you if I had survived, and if you had have come out with this sooner I would have went with DH instead, but... well it still gets you no actual trust because it's far to convenient.

You are right, and I have a feeling know the correct role? If you go back to my first post of D4, you should be able to see none of what I said is actually a lie. Dishonest in parts perhaps, but I chose my wording well in those parts. As for your questioning of my actions... well, people are fantastic at reading warnings as hostilities, it makes not having to think about the vote significantly easier, and makes them feel they can shrug of any responsibility for a bad vote. In this particular case, I did try to use the be-bat-shit-insane play that others have been, but I suppose it would have been better if I had done exactly as they have and just self-voted. But as I said, I don't like a play that is THAT accepting of the fact there are no real civvies in this game.

Ryan... I'm assuming you have one more night to do your thing. Get it done since it no longer matters.

To the rest of you, kill DH. I feel comfortable adding DP to that, Boats should still be an obvious choice. Bullz too, but he can wait. So in the order I'd off them: DH, Boats, DP/Bullz (more could come out that I simply don't have yet, but I like them both for non-morally ambiguous 2, and therefore they are the same as being bad in my books).

I wouldn't lynch Bea, and with everything else would ignore Aces for the time being at least. Epi I'd leave for now, but only to the same degree as Aces. I'm still not sure that his actions actually make Dex a good lynch. I think he viewed the role set up the same way I did, and decided to go full zany Dex on us instead of making any real effort. To me that would put him in the morally ambiguous 2 category, with my next pick being a splicer (houdini or nitro, as I think surviving the first 2 attempts or taking someone down with him would cause him to act this way).

Lastly, keep an eye on the next round of Big Daddy kills. The first 2 (LT and JC) could potentially rule out a good many players (being on that team) if a similar pattern continues there (it's wild speculation, so I'll keep the pattern I see there to myself, but at least a few of you should pick up on it if you haven't already, and obviously more kills will help confirm/deny it). I'm not sure if it will prove to be WIFOM or a short-sighted baddie kill strategy... I expect short-sighted though, the numbers just aren't there for WIFOM imo.
Banners
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
You a damn fool.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Dom »

I'm voitng Boo. I don't have time to catch up right now, but I'll catch up when I get home. Sorry, unexpected things happened today. Nothing bad, just slept in and pushed everything else back! Thank :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

Hedgeowl wrote:For the love of...you people can talk. I have spent the last hour reading and trying to write a response post, but now it's time to eat so fuck it. I will finish my post later, since it doesn't matter anyway. Boo is getting lynched today unless there's some special magic out there.

Also Devin I completely agree :WTF:

votes boo
HFS!!! Thank you for agreeing Hedgeowl. I'm just going to go home, TRY to catch back up, and look at the lynch results.
I may need some evening coffee to get through all of this :coffee2:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

Also, I don't know if that should have been green but if it was... ebwop :D
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Russtifinko wrote:Well I guess Boats could have skimmed everything. Someone pointed out that he seemed to have digested all the major events. I don't know. I'm happy with my boo vote, for now. I just hope it pans out. And don't forget, you can still overtake Mongoose and not lose!

I feel as though bea is a good lynch candidate for Day 5. I hope Boats is punished for not participated.

I hope the punishment for losing is not that serious!

Addendum: boo :eek:

Return to “Previous Jobs”