[END] Bioshock Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

You and Bioshock: Which have you played and would you be interested in my upcoming sequel?

Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
43%
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
I have played neither - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
7%
I have played neither - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Sockface only - Of course I have played both and am interested, and I will be hosting a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
21%

Total votes: 14
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 147

Re: [DAY 4] Bioshock Mafia

Post by Snow Dog »

With that last post from Boo I am worried we lynched a "civ". Inverted commas for his sake. Not any baddie \i have yet seens gives such thourough advice before his almost ceertain death. of course if he survives that is another matter.

What does everyone else think? Epignosis? Dharmahelper? Aces?

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

I don't know, Snowie. I suppose the host post will reveal all. Any idea what Ryan's "thing" could be reference to? I don't see anything in the roles that explains it.

On the other hand, I do agree with a lot of the names boo mentioned on his list. I'm not sure if it should make me feel better about him since most of them have been batted around all day anyway, but it makes me slightly more nervous.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: [POLLS] Bioshock Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

DAY 4

Who is a Parasite?

Poll runs till Fri Jun 28, 2013 7:48 pm

AceofSpaces
boo (2) 3%

Ajira
No votes

bea
AceofSpaces (17) 3%

BoatsBoatsBoats
DFaraday (11), Vompatti (12), nutella (14), Epignosis (26), Flyin' High (27), bea (28) 21%

boo
DharmaHelper (5), Mongoose (7), Russtifinko (8), Matahari (9), Zany Dex (10), Nevinera (13), Devin the Omniscient (15), Spacedaisy (16), Ajira
(18), G.O.B. (19), Bullzeye (20), Boomslang (21), DisgruntledPorcupine (22), indiglo (23), Hedgeowl (24), Snow Dog (25), Dom (29) 59%

Boomslang
No votes

Bullzeye
No votes

Devin the Omniscient
No votes

DFaraday
No votes

DharmaHelper
No votes

DisgruntledPorcupine
No votes

Dom
No votes

Epignosis
No votes

Flyin' High
No votes

G.O.B.
No votes

Hedgeowl
No votes

indiglo
No votes

insertnamehere
No votes

Matahari
No votes

Mongoose
No votes

Nevinera
No votes

nutella
No votes

Russtifinko
No votes

Snow Dog
No votes

Spacedaisy
No votes

>SpaghettiEverywhere
No votes

Vompatti
No votes

Zany Dex
No votes

Frank Fontaine (deadies, non-players, host)
MovingPictures07 (1), thellama73 (3), Lizzy (4), birdwithteeth11 (6) 14%
Total votes : 29

Missed the vote: BoatsBoatsBoats, insertnamehere, >SpaghettiEverywhere
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Epignosis »

Snow Dog wrote:With that last post from Boo I am worried we lynched a "civ". Inverted commas for his sake. Not any baddie \i have yet seens gives such thourough advice before his almost ceertain death. of course if he survives that is another matter.

What does everyone else think? Epignosis? Dharmahelper? Aces?

We only need wait a few minutes to know something. I am nervous though. That said, boo said he would troll. So, there's that.

Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Day 4: Those Damn Fools!

boo was busy working on his master creation, the Lazarus Vector. All the time he spent into research anymore was taken up by this project, but for good reason. He needed to get it functioning.

He looked around his desk. He counted the bottles of chlorophyll solution. "1... 2... 3..." he muttered under his breath. He counted 7 bottles. "SEVEN?! But there are supposed to be NINE!" He was irate. It appears Splicers had stolen more of his supplies. "I am so damn close too! I am certainly not going to let any of those damn fools keep me from completing this tonight!"

He stomped down from his office, exited his home, and spotted some Splicers talking right outside. "You damn fools!" he screamed at them. "Give me back my chlorophyll solution!!!!"

He rushed at them, hastily, thinking it would intimidate them. Instead, the Splicers looked at each other, and began opening fire on boo. His body dropped to the ground, filled with lead.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Audio Diary #13: Julie Langford - What Won't They Steal?

boo has been lynched. He was Professor Julie Langford.

It is now Night 4. You have 24 hours to send in your night PMs.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Re: [NIGHT 4] Bioshock Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright, I have an insanely busy weekend ahead of me, just a warning. I am going to be out of town all day/night tomorrow (starting late tonight) and then Sunday going to be gone most of the day. This means I won't be around to answer questions as much AND I'm not sure if Night 4 will end exactly on time, but I'll try to grab some internet as close to the deadline as I can so that it still does.

Onto more strictly game-related matters... I see Boats has missed votes now three times. Apparently the public penance wasn't enough for him. :feb:

Also, the posting challenge is over. The winners and sole loser have been alerted of their prizes and punishment, respectively. Thanks greatly to all of you who participated! All of you performed well and I appreciate you taking a risk and playing it out. I'm sure both you and the nonparticipants will breathe some fresh air now that it's over though.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Well darn it. RIP Boo.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Hedgeowl »

Done reading. That felt like a big enough accomplishment to post about.

Wish I had made it to the Ace argument about boo before I voted, but didn't think I'd be back in time. Of course it wouldn't have made a difference anyway with the number of boo votes. I don't think I would have voted for boo having seen that, but I haven't reread the roles to figure out what Ace is seeing.

This was the beginning of my irrelevant silly post before I finished reading:

Wow, so posting contests are crazazee. I am just trying to catch up, but I am already 5 pages behind after 24 hours.

Points to note:
DH/Epi - Boo bea = boobies :haha: Why would anyone want to lynch boobs? This is clearly a terrible strategy.

This was already pointed out by someone : Boats- I know he's getting a lot of attention. But frankly I think he may just have life going on. There was a gap of 1 week between this post and his next. Sure the 12 minute summary is suspicious, but he hasn't had a comment since then, so I am going to let this one go for today.

(Sorry, I've been having a bit of an emotional breakdown/restructure the past couple days, but I think everything's fine now)

Devin- completely agree with him on this contest. There is no way to catch up and post substantive comments if you fall behind. Also seems people were running out of stuff to say and just started calling out names of people.

Russ- You're in the contest? You poor bastard. :eek:

Epi- Whats a contest without Honey Boo Boo? :p

More points after reading:
Devin - Good luck when you get home reading to the end!

Zany- not wanting to die is hardly a good defense, but Ace tried it too. Made feel guilty for my vote at the time and he didnt even die. Try again!

Boats- now that I have finished reading I am more suspicious, but really with a good skim, as many admit they do, he could have done it.

GOB- is not someone I suspect, but the voting with no posting needs a response for sure. Otherwise he'll get voted off just for that I imagine.

So many things left to discuss, but I am done for now.

Now I can't decide what I want to do next :wine: or :offtobed:

linki- dammit boo! RIP man. Ace good call there. Also thank god this contest is over.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Nevinera »

It doesn't pay to defend yourself by making up stuff that couldn't remotely be true?

I'm still baffled by his closing statement.. I plan on roughly ignoring his entire list of "what boo would do", since i have evidence that at least one of the things he appears to believe is false.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

:sigh:

That is not even close to what I was expecting at all.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Damn. RIP boo. If only you hadn't acted so threatening.

I thought it was pretty funny that "damn fool" was incorporated into your death post. Hopefully it was some consolation to you too.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'm taking a break from this and watching Breaking Bad.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Who wants a plasmid? :feb:

First player to PM me might just get one.
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by indiglo »

Well poo. Not at all what I was expecting either. You know, I always hate it when I get lynched as a civ and then get blamed for "not acting civ enough"... so I'll not do that. Unfortunate, unexpected and weird result - that's for damn sure.

I am soooooooo glad that posting contest is over. :srsnod: That was hell on a good many of us catcher uppers.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 109

Post by DharmaHelper »

Well that sucks. I'll be back in one week after my vacation!
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

What the hell, I'm feeling generous. Two more plasmids are going out! PM me if you want them. :feb:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DharmaHelper wrote:Well that sucks. I'll be back in one week after my vacation!
Enjoy your vacation!
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

RIP boo.
DharmaHelper
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 109

Post by DharmaHelper »

Whilst it pains me ever so dearly to see we've lost a valued role, I cannot think of another possible way this could have ended. I think boo was his own undoing, unfortunately. His belligerence and arrogance made it impossible for me to see him as a civvie. And he seemed determined to have things come down to "I die or DH dies." And unfortunately for him, I value my life infinitely more than I do his. Although I will say that I mourn his passing in equal measure as I celebrate my own continued survival.
our Linkitis is our lives.

ImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Well crap on a catapault.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Mongoose wrote:Well crap on a catapault.
Oh that's a fun image! :p
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

RIP Boo. I had a bad feeling about that. :/

Not sure whether/to what extent I'm up for following his advice. I have no idea what to think of DH.

It looks like it may be safe to let nature take its course with Boats -- hell, this is an MP game, he'll probably be removed overnight. :p In that case I would be up for a Bullz or Bea lynch, I guess (Boo warned against lynching/vouched for Bea though idk).
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

also thank god that contest is over lol

and wow it sucks that Boo's role died right before night 4, heh.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Dom »

Snow Dog wrote:@Epignosis. To be fair to Dom I can see why i stood out for a challenge. It was pretty unwise to express my thoughts in such away regarding asking everyone to lynch agleaminranks. And then in my defense I brought up someone else who had similar thoughts. I think it was Aces. I got a b it over defensive probably and he seemed to think I was trying to turn attention on to him. I wasn't, not intentionally anyway.
Anyway I thought the whole thing had blown over.
I'm wondering why people are so keen to disregard my Vompatti theory. His trying to put a spanner in the works in the event. A baddie might do that. His strange post regarding everyon thinking he was Lizzy's civ friend. I don't as they say getb "warm fuzzies" from him. Probably a discusion for later though. We have bigger fish to fry.

While you're on my shortlist, you're certainly on the backburner right now. I'm surprised Boo wasn't bad. But the last day was certainly a lot. I just caught up on 6+ pages. lots to mull over.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

RIP Boo. :(
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Flyin' High »

RIP boo. Not a happy result.
ImageImage

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:What the hell, I'm feeling generous. Two more plasmids are going out! PM me if you want them. :feb:
Due to popular demand and because I like being unpredictable from time to time, I am giving out five more plasmids! Because that's just how GENEROUS I am. :feb:

But this will be the last of any plasmid giveaway or events for now... until a later date.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Yeah! I'll take a free plasmid! I'll burn these not-so-clever assholes with it!!! :feb:

Oh wait... :(
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Yeah! I'll take a free plasmid! I'll burn these not-so-clever assholes with it!!! :feb:

Did you forget to create a revival plasmid? ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Well shit! I am very sorry I did not trust you boo! It is very difficult to believe someone who explodes with rage on one giant post and then don't say anything else. I will definitely be looking into your advice, though. I am divided between a couple of people at this point. Despite boo flipping civ I think the other Bs are a good place to look. I am not sure how I feel about DH, though.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Bullzeye »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Well shit! I am very sorry I did not trust you boo! It is very difficult to believe someone who explodes with rage on one giant post and then don't say anything else. I will definitely be looking into your advice, though. I am divided between a couple of people at this point. Despite boo flipping civ I think the other Bs are a good place to look. I am not sure how I feel about DH, though.
DH was wrong about Boo and he's wrong if he still thinks I'm bad but I don't think that that alone makes him a baddie. Not one of BWT's team anyway. Bea and Boats I could see being bad, and if we really must lynch all the Bs I'd like very much for us to do it in alphabetical order.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:Yeah! I'll take a free plasmid! I'll burn these not-so-clever assholes with it!!! :feb:

Dammit! I knew there was something I had forgotten!

Aaaaahahahaaaa! :haha:

....hahaha...haha...ha... :|

:(
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Bullzeye wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Well shit! I am very sorry I did not trust you boo! It is very difficult to believe someone who explodes with rage on one giant post and then don't say anything else. I will definitely be looking into your advice, though. I am divided between a couple of people at this point. Despite boo flipping civ I think the other Bs are a good place to look. I am not sure how I feel about DH, though.
DH was wrong about Boo and he's wrong if he still thinks I'm bad but I don't think that that alone makes him a baddie. Not one of BWT's team anyway. Bea and Boats I could see being bad, and if we really must lynch all the Bs I'd like very much for us to do it in alphabetical order.
Well....it's a plan. :haha:

NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay, I should be able to be still post a timely night post. Just an FYI.

And just a reminder: I am still missing PMs, so only an hour and a half remaining to get them in!
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:

Dammit! I knew there was something I had forgotten!

Aaaaahahahaaaa! :haha:

....hahaha...haha...ha... :|

:(
:haha:

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Bullzeye wrote:
Yeah Bea and Boats are the 2 main people I would be looking at... So I guess we would be going in alphabetical order :D
I'm still not 100% sure how I feel about you, though..

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Night 4: Ture

Jack exited yet another bulkhead, this time arriving in Arcadia.

"Moira... Patrick .. Ain't that just like Ryan. Waits until we're almost out, and then he pulls the string! We'll find the bastard! We'll find him and we'll TEAR HIS HEART OUT!!"

Jack busted open the gate to Arcadia's Tea Garden.

Ryan interjected: "I came to this place to build the impossible. You came to rob what you could never build. A Hun, gaping at the gates of Rome. Even the air you breathe is sponged from my account. Well, breathe deep... so later you might remember the taste."

Atlas had enough. "You get to the bathysphere in Rolling Hills. That'll take you straight to the devil himself. And then all debts will be paid in full."

Security Chief Sullivan walked back and forth down the hallway of the Upper Wharf in Neptune's Bounty. He looked at the slip of paper Ryan had sent to him. He felt terrible about offing someone for such a trivial reason, but he simultaneously did not want to incur the wrath of this boss. He walked down the stairs and, as he expected, saw Vompatti at Fontaine Fisheries.

Vompatti was sitting on the ground, apparently doing nothing. Sullivan walked up to him. "Hello."

Vompatti didn't move.

Sullivan was puzzled. What was up with this guy? "Hello....?"

Vompatti still didn't move.

Sullivan asked, "Are you Vompatti?" Vompatti lifted his head and responded, "ture". Sullivan had whipped out his shotgun and immediately shot Vompatti in the face. He walked away from the bloody scene, filled with shame and regret.

"Rolling Hills is over yonder, and the bathysphere station is as well. And then straight on to Ryan." Atlas was determined with revenge. Jack continued onward.

"On the surface, I once bought a forest." Ryan explained. "The Parasites claimed that the land belonged to God, and demanded that I establish a public park there. Why? So the rabble could stand slack-jawed under the canopy and pretend that it was paradise earned. When Congress moved to nationalize my forest, I burnt it to the ground. God did not plant the seeds of this Arcadia; I did."

Jack walked past the home of Professor Langford, noticing her dead body out of the corner of his eye. He decided not to investigate the body nor her home and continued onward to the bathysphere.

Audio Diary #14: Julie Langford – “Arcadia Closed”
Audio Diary #15: Andrew Ryan – “The Market Is Patient”
Audio Diary #16: Julie Langford – “The Lazarus Vector”

Vompatti has been killed by Security Chief Sullivan.

It is now Day 5. You have 48 hours to find a parasite.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 91

Re: [DAY 5] Bioshock Mafia

Post by Dom »

RIPIYWG Vomps,n
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Yep RIP Vomps. Bit surprised by that kill.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by indiglo »

:rip: Vomps

I guess Vomps won't be a topic for discussion anymore. Looks like Bea and Boats will be likely candidates today for me.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Wow. :rip: Vomps.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Vompatti's last word sounds about right.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

RIP Vomps.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

If boats wants to post and answer questions, hopefully he'll do it soon. Otherwise, my vote may go to him today.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Sullivan asked, "Are you Vompatti?" Vompatti lifted his head and responded, "ture".
:haha:
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 64

Post by Vompatti »

Epignosis wrote:Vompatti's last word sounds about right.
ture :wine:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Lizzy »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :overreact:

butt look on the bright side: now you can join me and hoers for tea and Scotch in the afterlife k :wine:
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Lizzy wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :overreact:

butt look on the bright side: now you can join me and hoers for tea and Scotch in the afterlife k :wine:
i kno rite :;#3 ;airguitar:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

wtf is ture
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

nutella wrote:wtf is ture
a mssspellof ttuere
tuer
tuer
ture
tur
rue
ruetut
tut

Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”