Esbjörn Svensson Trio Mafia [AD INFINITUM / Endgame]

Moderator: Community Team

Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 53

Re: [Day / Take 3] Esbjörn Svensson Trio Mafia

Post by Towny McTownface »

Lay it on me, brother Mingus. Do you just want to take a hard look at everyone or are you willing to exclude any names from the hunt?
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Fuskdall »

Dixon has been a suspect of mine for a while, and I agree with the reasoning that he said he suspected Buble but then didn't vote for him. That would make him my best choice. Ornette has been playing sort of a 'chaotic-shallow' game as I recall, which makes him a totally acceptable target in my books. Fleck I have as my reddest red just because. So again, I'm on board with a Dixon lynch and am willing to vote that way. Bill Dixon
Principal Skinner
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 26

Post by Principal Skinner »

Thas' a downrigh' pain in my chest I'm feelin' right now. Rest in peace, lovely Miss Holiday. Señor Puente, shame on you.

Mister Guaraldi, you be makin' some interestin' accusations n'all. Not sure what t'make of all that, as I'm feelin' mostly alright 'bout both Miss Hiromi and Brother Miles. Frankly I weren't too sure 'bout Señor Puente's guilt either, an' frankly I'm thinkin' we got mighty lucky 'bout knockin' another baddie off the drum stool. If Miss Hiromi's good 'n all, which, I ain't no math studies kinda cat, but statistically speakin' I'm thinkin' she is, this coulda gone quite a diff'rent way.

If I can briefly address the concerns about Mr. Buble, I was lettin' my personal feelin's get inna way. I said I wanted t'vote for him 'cuz I didn't like the fella nor his music, plain n' simple. I just felt it was jumpin' the gun to vote for 'im for that reason alone when I didn't have no evidence on his character either way. I ended up votin' for Brother Mingus 'cuz I felt he was rubbin' some folks the wrong way, tryin' a be a provocateur for no good reason.

If I can address somethin' relevant to your point, however, I ain't feelin' too great 'bout Brother Coleman. He flippin' his vote every which way the last part of yesterday, an' he end up votin' on Señor Puente. If I ain't mistaken, he's the reason Señor was kicked out versus Mr. Fleck-tone. I seen him pullin' for a no-vote on Day 1 when he see Mr. Buble was on he way out. I pointed out some inconsistencies in his playin' yesterday, an' my thought is that he tryna distance his self on the first day when he see the godfather knockin' on death's door, an' once he see Señor on his way out too, he thinkin' he put his vote there to get some good boy points wit the band.

I'm thinkin' Brother Coleman was doin' some serious bussin' on his teammate yesterday, 'specially knowin' he could get away with it when his teammate ain' even there to defend himself. I weren't feelin' too great about him earlier, now I ain't feelin' good at all.
November
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 195

Post by November »

hey mingus how come you didnt answer me last night?
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Ricochet »

^Ahem.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Ricochet wrote:^Ahem.
:shrug: Cut out the first 40 seconds or so and I'd give it a thumbs up.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 82

Post by Ricochet »

Vince Guaraldi wrote:
Ricochet wrote:^Ahem.
:shrug: Cut out the first 40 seconds or so and I'd give it a thumbs up.
Lol no my post earlier had nothing to do with that.

Although, now that you mention it, the chorus is actually the part I'm really digging...
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 105
Preferred Pronouns: she/her

Post by Akemi Homura »

Vince Guaraldi wrote:Lay it on me, brother Mingus. Do you just want to take a hard look at everyone or are you willing to exclude any names from the hunt?
The former. I want everyone grilled, fried, skewered. Mingus included. I want to skunk the baddies, give them a higher body count than they've given us. That means winning the game with today's lynch.
Bill Dixon wrote: I'm thinkin' Brother Coleman was doin' some serious bussin' on his teammate yesterday, 'specially knowin' he could get away with it when his teammate ain' even there to defend himself. I weren't feelin' too great about him earlier, now I ain't feelin' good at all.
I agree with this, and I think some of his more cryptic posts the previous phase are indicative of WIFOM baddie distraction tactics. Ornette Coleman's getting my vote for now.
Bela Fleck wrote:hey mingus how come you didnt answer me last night?
Because so far in the game you haven't listened to anything anyone has said to you, you act like you get paid for every misrepresentation of others' points, actions, and statements, and your stubbornness reflects the attitude of someone who is more interested in others agreeing with them then actually being right about what they think. There's nothing wrong with any of that and I play identically a lot of the time, but I just don't feel like giving you the time of the day when you're being so hysterically unreasonable.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Charles Mingus wrote:
Because so far in the game you haven't listened to anything anyone has said to you, you act like you get paid for every misrepresentation of others' points, actions, and statements, and your stubbornness reflects the attitude of someone who is more interested in others agreeing with them then actually being right about what they think. There's nothing wrong with any of that and I play identically a lot of the time, but I just don't feel like giving you the time of the day when you're being so hysterically unreasonable.
so mingus admits to ebing anti-town and not answering me.

good thats scum tacitc 101, we can lynch mingus now
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Bela Fleck wrote:
Charles Mingus wrote:

See this is why I didn't answer you. You say stuff like I admit to being anti-town in this response when that's a blatantly false claim. I don't even come close to implying that in the response, let alone admit to it outright. So no I don't think me not answering you is "scum tacitc 101", and I don't think that's a good enough reason to lynch me, but do your worst if that's where your heart is set. Heaven knows you're not thinking with your brain right now. I think the more I answer you and go back-and-forth with you the more the thread is going to be derailed into useless petty nonsense while whoever the remaining baddie is will go unnoticed and live to kill more civilians. You may not be bad but you're not pro-town, not with behavior like this.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Charles Mingus wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:
Charles Mingus wrote:

See this is why I didn't answer you. You say stuff like I admit to being anti-town in this response when that's a blatantly false claim. I don't even come close to implying that in the response, let alone admit to it outright. So no I don't think me not answering you is "scum tacitc 101", and I don't think that's a good enough reason to lynch me, but do your worst if that's where your heart is set. Heaven knows you're not thinking with your brain right now. I think the more I answer you and go back-and-forth with you the more the thread is going to be derailed into useless petty nonsense while whoever the remaining baddie is will go unnoticed and live to kill more civilians. You may not be bad but you're not pro-town, not with behavior like this.
not answering a person is scum a best and anti-twon at worst. the continued non-response only jsutifies the reasons to belive that you are.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

I'f you boys played the same instrument, I'd say we ought to get a ruler and see which one is bigger. Please put the egos away and let's nab this jive cat messing up our jams.

Mingus- who do you want me to look at next?

Fleck- What did you think of my long-winded musing about Davis, Dixon, and Uehara?
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Bela Fleck wrote:So its between mingus/hiromi like silver said.
^not moving from this, the nk leads up to one of the two.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Bela Fleck wrote:
Of those two, I'd be inclined to vote Hiromi Uehara. I'm still not reading Mingus as a jive turkey.

You have no opinion whatsoever on my thoughts on Davis or Dixon? At least give me a reason why each one isn't the baddie we're looking for, if possible.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Vince Guaraldi wrote: Mingus- who do you want me to look at next?
Coleman, and whoever hasn't been on your mind so much. I want to know what you think here, I need to widen my focus.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Vince Guaraldi wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:
Of those two, I'd be inclined to vote Hiromi Uehara. I'm still not reading Mingus as a jive turkey.

You have no opinion whatsoever on my thoughts on Davis or Dixon? At least give me a reason why each one isn't the baddie we're looking for, if possible.
do it and the vote will join, its POE right now.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Charles Mingus wrote:
Coleman, and whoever hasn't been on your mind so much. I want to know what you think here, I need to widen my focus.
I'll check out Coleman and Potter. I've barely noticed Potter, so I'll shed some light just to make sure my ignorance to him is justified.

The nice thing is that we know that no living players are defending teammates anymore as we pick apart our suspicions.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Bela Fleck wrote:
Vince Guaraldi wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:

What is POE? And can you please comment on Dixon or Davis?
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Vince Guaraldi wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:
Vince Guaraldi wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:

Process of elimination.

the comment on POE should of gave away the comments. not doing it
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Vince Guaraldi wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:
Vince Guaraldi wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:

He's not answering your question, he's baddie bad bad megabad uberbad mcmafiabad.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Bela Fleck wrote:
Vince Guaraldi wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:
Vince Guaraldi wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:

Process of elimination.

the comment on POE should of gave away the comments. not doing it
to clarify, its not im the POE pool based on play and gamestate.

comments can be made later, got some stuff to do
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Charles Mingus wrote:
Vince Guaraldi wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:
Vince Guaraldi wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:

He's not answering your question, he's baddie bad bad megabad uberbad mcmafiabad.
answered it already. nice try mr mingus
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Bela Fleck wrote:the comment on POE should of gave away the comments. not doing it
Why not? If you care about POE, then you should want to look at and comment on suspicions and theories on everyone. If you expect me to vote with you, you need to tell me why possible evidence doesn't point in another direction.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Bela Fleck wrote:
Charles Mingus wrote:
Vince Guaraldi wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:
Vince Guaraldi wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:

answered it already. nice try mr mingus
I don't see an answer.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Bela Fleck wrote:comments can be made later, got some stuff to do
Fair enough. I'd appreciate some comments before the end-of-day frenzy arrives.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Vince Guaraldi wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:the comment on POE should of gave away the comments. not doing it
Why not? If you care about POE, then you should want to look at and comment on suspicions and theories on everyone. If you expect me to vote with you, you need to tell me why possible evidence doesn't point in another direction.
it doesnt based on play and gamestate.

due to a shit post resitcion, under right now, cant use proper wording. at EOD, can make proper comments.

not touching players named
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

Vince Guaraldi wrote:
Bela Fleck wrote:comments can be made later, got some stuff to do
Fair enough. I'd appreciate some comments before the end-of-day frenzy arrives.
read new post. reason said why cant.

also work overnight soon
Maid
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 39

Post by Maid »

Vince Guaraldi wrote:
Charles Mingus wrote:
I'll check out Coleman and Potter. I've barely noticed Potter, so I'll shed some light just to make sure my ignorance to him is justified.

The nice thing is that we know that no living players are defending teammates anymore as we pick apart our suspicions.
Buddy, would I really jump on the bandwagon on both Bublé and Puente? I voted for all the baddies that went down.

On day 1 lynch, I could have spared Bublé (the mafia godfather) and killed the 'Trane if I had changed my vote because, as you remember, Bublé got 4 votes (one of those was mine) while Coltrane got 3.

I could have tied the day 2 poll by picking Béla Fleck but I didn't. Instead, I chose to lynch Tito.

I'm either a civilian or an arrogant mafioso. A really, really dumb and arrogant mafioso
Maid
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Maid »

Mr. Dixon has successfully convinced me to vote for Mr. Coleman. His day 1 absence got on my nerve, too.
November
Sockpuppet Account

Post by November »

lynch is on probable cop. not joining
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

I'm curious to see where Coltrane and Uehara cast their votes. It could be telling for one of them.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Chris Potter wrote:
Vince Guaraldi wrote:
Charles Mingus wrote:

Buddy, would I really jump on the bandwagon on both Bublé and Puente? I voted for all the baddies that went down.

On day 1 lynch, I could have spared Bublé (the mafia godfather) and killed the 'Trane if I had changed my vote because, as you remember, Bublé got 4 votes (one of those was mine) while Coltrane got 3.

I could have tied the day 2 poll by picking Béla Fleck but I didn't. Instead, I chose to lynch Tito.

I'm either a civilian or an arrogant mafioso. A really, really dumb and arrogant mafioso
Your votes are exactly why your so far back on the burner, my man. It'll still be useful to try to theorize how you could be the last turkey. If it seems ridiculously implausible (as it currently seems) then we move toward more plausible options.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 31

Post by Echo »

Chris Potter wrote:Mr. Dixon has successfully convinced me to vote for Mr. Coleman. His day 1 absence got on my nerve, too.
Mr. Coleman was very much present on day 1.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Man, I just can't get much of anything by way of a read on Coleman. Potter seems pretty airtight. More details later.
Maid
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Maid »

Why did you decide on not voting for anyone on Day 1, mr. Coleman?
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

I didn't have enough info on anyone and I was too busy to randomize. (I like to use my own system of multiple series of coin tosses, and it's quite a complicated process.) :sax:
Fuskdall
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Fuskdall »

Smells like bull. I'll vote Coleman.
Echo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Echo »

By the way, I believe I'm a civilian.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

I'm starting to worry that Coleman is trying to get lynched.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

...but not worried enough to move my vote.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

What up, Mingus? I'm going to do some more digging. I never got back around to Coleman and Potter. Gotta be a man of my word.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Alright, so Coleman voted "No Lynch" on Day 1, which stands out mighty fierce. Hard to say if that is indicative of the player behind the sock or something more strategic. He said it wasn't fair for some to vote for Buble for non-game-related reasons and then says this:
Ornette Coleman wrote:
Fats Navarro wrote: No Lynch Voters
Coleman - Why are you voting the one thing to help the bad guys?
If you would stoop to participating in a lynch just to avoid helping the bad guys, you are no better than them.
Strange cat, that Coleman. Then he self-votes on Day 2 at one point and bounces between Fleck and Puente but settles on Puente at the end. A bunch of rambling at night and then says today he has a complicated procedure for randomizing, which is why he voted "No Lynch" Day 1. Either Coleman is having a great big laugh at our expense or he is being difficult/strange for the sake of being difficult/strange.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Potter is also a tough case. He votes mid-stream both days. Day 1 he's the second vote on Buble, which ties the godfather up with Dixon. His vote is for non-game-related reasons though, so there is nothing concrete to poke at there. It a hell of a gambit to get yourself into and not one he can easily walk away from. At night he claims he voted Buble for the way he was responding to heat and the questions of others. He suspected Mingus and Davis at one point while feeling civ on Holiday and Fleck. He joins the Puente train not because of mine or anyone else's comments but because he'd rather oust someone who's not participating enough. When I say I was going to look into him, he comes back with a WIFOM sandwich saying he's either civvie or a very arrogant baddie. I say he's either civvie or the coolest customer to ever be a baddie. Now he's got a vote on Coleman, who he never even mentioned before today by name.
Maid
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Maid »

My line of work requires making very risky decisions, but the risk pays off. I have been really lucky in this game so far.
Akemi Homura
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Akemi Homura »

Chris Potter wrote:My line of work requires making very risky decisions, but the risk pays off. I have been really lucky in this game so far.
How so?
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Now for Coltrane-

He gets on the wrong side of Navarro Day 0. They exchange votes Day 1 over sock-guessing. He makes it back once before the deadline to say he doesn't like Uehara's vote on him. At night, he thinks the final vote on him (Puente) might be baddie- good guess. He also ends up on Fleck's side of the "would the baddies bus the godfather?" debate. He's somewhat pleased with Navarro getting whacked because it spares him from having to build a case on him and defending himself from Navarro Day 2. Whacking Navarro was either a lousy attempt to make Coltrane look worse or a clever way for baddie Coltrane to take heat off of himself. He doesn't understand the Fleck voters and had this to say about Puente at 5:10 pm:
John Coltrane wrote:i'd rather go for Tito Puente today. I believe they are mafia, and they voted me to save their buddy.
Then this at 5:49 pm:
John Coltrane wrote:The tito wagon hasn't had any real resistance to it, either the remaining mafia players are inactive or we are voting in the wrong direction. Thoughts?
He has been AWOL so far today, and we're running out of today.
Maid
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Maid »

Charles Mingus wrote:
Chris Potter wrote:My line of work requires making very risky decisions, but the risk pays off. I have been really lucky in this game so far.
How so?
The two people I suspected to be mafia were lynched. My initial vote for Bublé was really just a risky guess, but his further actions cemented my decision.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Chris Potter wrote:
Charles Mingus wrote:
How so?
The two people I suspected to be mafia were lynched. My initial vote for Bublé was really just a risky guess, but his further actions cemented my decision.
But you didn't suspect Puente. You were merely willing to get rid of a non-participating player:
Chris Potter wrote:Tito's absence is bothering me. The fact that our amigo is on the verge of being lynched and has only voted twice is bad.

However, if he's going to stay absent and not contribute to the discussion, I'd rather vote him out of the game. In this scenario, we wouldn't be in shambles if he were civ, and we'd get rid of a shady silent snake if he were a bad guy.

I think I'm voting Tito.
Towny McTownface
Sockpuppet Account

Unless you expect anyone to infer suspicion from "Tito's absence is bothering me. The fact that our amigo is on the verge of being lynched and has only voted twice is bad."
Maid
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Maid »

Vince Guaraldi wrote:Unless you expect anyone to infer suspicion from "Tito's absence is bothering me. The fact that our amigo is on the verge of being lynched and has only voted twice is bad."
I corrected the "voted" part to "posted". And yes, I believe those who fly under the radar have something to hide; he probably was absent from posting to make folks forget him or dismiss his lack of (apparent) action like one would do to a benign tumor.

Return to “Previous Heists”