30%

Total votes: 20
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 1158
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Re: [DAY 12] Turf Wars: Battle of the Hosts

Post by Sloonei »

Moved my vote to chaindeath so the Elohcin runaway doesn't get too out of control. Also noticed there's a prisoner voting for me. Care to speak up, 958153?
My banners:
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 813142 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Who would we all prefer to lynch between Elohcin and chaindeath? Even if soneji is a cop, one of those other two has to also be a cop.
If we're sure that Elohcin is police, I say we lynch her. Here's why:

At this point, the double-arrest is effectively off the table. If, as is speculated by some, that Turnip Head and Sloonei are the dons, then there would only be three players remaining after the lynch that can be arrested: chaindeath, Prisoner 509378, and Soneji. One of them is the cop, so pulling a double-arrest will single them out. Now, if they HAVE to put in the double-arrest request, then there's a chance you folks will catch a lucky break and have the final cop handed to you on a "silver platter." If the Chief does not HAVE to place a double-request, then they won't for that very reason.

If it's chaindeath of Soneji, then that means that Prisoner 509378 is the only candidate for their arrest tonight. Are there any protection powers or team kill powers believed to still be in existence to protect 509? If so, you'll all (excepting Elohcin) still be around tomorrow to continue on with this discussion.
This is true. Even a mislynch today gives us the remaining two cops, assuming the game continues.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 37

Post by Ned Flanders »

This seems to be all you've got so far, Sloonei.
Prisoner 958153 wrote: 3) Sloonei shouldn't be immune from having every inch of himself thoroughly interrogated, especially with these few players left.
Assault
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 1123

Post by Prisoner 509378 »

Prisoner 606386 wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Prisoner 606386 wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Prisoner 606386 wrote:I highly doubt that Silverwolf was the stool pigeon.
Why?
Are there any reasons to think she was the stool pigeon beyond her claiming to know ika was the seemer?
That alone is a decent reason. She was also totally insistent about it.

Are there any reasons not to that don't also apply to Soneji?
With most players that would be a decent reason, but given their relationship I don't think it is, especially because she was so insistent about it. Silverwolf and ika have proven themselves to be extremely insistent defenders of each other in multiple games, and while you could (and they often have) make the argument that their experience with each other helps back up their defense, I think their love clouds their ability to be objective with reading each other. Not a slight to them whatsoever, I'm just saying that I would take their reads of each other (and this includes role speculation) with a grain of salt at best.

I don't know about Soneji.
I can understand a grain of salt. That's agreeable. You said you "highly doubt it" though. That's a whole bag of rock salt. Surely there's more to your reasoning for such a strongly stated conviction?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 606386 wrote:This seems to be all you've got so far, Sloonei.
Prisoner 958153 wrote: 3) Sloonei shouldn't be immune from having every inch of himself thoroughly interrogated, especially with these few players left.
I can't even find this post, where is it? But I appreciate the skepticism, even if it is misplaced.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Prisoner 606386 wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Prisoner 606386 wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Why?
Are there any reasons to think she was the stool pigeon beyond her claiming to know ika was the seemer?

With most players that would be a decent reason, but given their relationship I don't think it is, especially because she was so insistent about it. Silverwolf and ika have proven themselves to be extremely insistent defenders of each other in multiple games, and while you could (and they often have) make the argument that their experience with each other helps back up their defense, I think their love clouds their ability to be objective with reading each other. Not a slight to them whatsoever, I'm just saying that I would take their reads of each other (and this includes role speculation) with a grain of salt at best.

I can understand a grain of salt. That's agreeable. You said you "highly doubt it" though. That's a whole bag of rock salt. Surely there's more to your reasoning for such a strongly stated conviction?
A grain of salt is my recommendation for you, a whole bag of rock salt is what I have for me.
Assault
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Young Lady »

Yo 813, old buddy, tell me who to vote. I trust your judgement.
Supervisor
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:This is true. Even a mislynch today gives us the remaining two cops, assuming the game continues.
This is what I meant when I suggested the game could be locked down if any non-cop is paroled. We should tread carefully though, who knows what shenanigans may await.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Thinking about it more I'm surprised that Elohcin even agreed to sub into this game, I know she's been avoiding big games and this certainly qualifies as one. It would make sense if she joined because she knew she'd be teamed up with Epi.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Sloonei wrote:
I can't even find this post, where is it? But I appreciate the skepticism, even if it is misplaced.
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... 2&sr=posts
Assault
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 85

Post by Gunther »

Prisoner 640326 wrote:Yo 813, old buddy, tell me who to vote. I trust your judgement.
I am reserving judgement for the time being. There is still much time remaining for careful thought and deliberation.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

What I don't understand about 958 is why skepticism equals vote. I get pressure votes, but it seems odd to pressure vote someone not based on a ping or even a concern but just because the person voting for them thinks they should receive equal interrogation as with everyone else.
Assault
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

When I get a moment I'm going to directly compare Silverwolf-as-stool pigeon to Soneji-as-stool pigeon. That might be the whole game.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 257
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

I'm with 958 let's lynch Sloondog Millionaire! :feb:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:This is true. Even a mislynch today gives us the remaining two cops, assuming the game continues.
This is what I meant when I suggested the game could be locked down if any non-cop is paroled. We should tread carefully though, who knows what shenanigans may await.
I never saw you say this but I definitely agree. Assuming we get to parole someone again tonight, the cops effectively can't win.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 606386 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... 2&sr=posts
thanks.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 958153 wrote:I'm new, but like I'm not 'new' new. I'm like a really old woman who's just taken up bingo for the first time. You dig?

So yeah. I'll get into it at a later time but my skim through the thread tells me a few things:

1) We're so close!
2) The prisoner is so cool!
3) Sloonei shouldn't be immune from having every inch of himself thoroughly interrogated, especially with these few players left.
4) Turnip Head should be your only confirmed civ.
Go ahead and interrogate me then, bud.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Turnip Head wrote:I'm with 958 let's lynch Sloondog Millionaire! :feb:
Y'all should wait until the common enemy is handled. :p
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Celeste »

I know which inch of Sloonei I'd like to interrogate. :shifty:
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 483934 wrote:
:faint:
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 24

Post by Grand Scheme »

Prisoner 606386 wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Prisoner 606386 wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Why?

!00% disagree with this, ika was a seemer hands down. Its pretty clear that ika set himself up as stool pigeon to silver to fit his narrative and agenda he was playing. The moment he was gone, was the moment silver needed to be gone too.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 419713 wrote:
Prisoner 606386 wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Prisoner 606386 wrote:
Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Why?

!00% disagree with this, ika was a seemer hands down. Its pretty clear that ika set himself up as stool pigeon to silver to fit his narrative and agenda he was playing. The moment he was gone, was the moment silver needed to be gone too.
I am not sure I understand what you mean. Could you explain? How did ika set himself up as the stool pigeon, and why did his arrest necessitate silverwolf's?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Yeah, what?
Assault
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

That was that prisoner's first post here. Anyone got any info to share on them?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Celeste
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Celeste »

I don't really know 419, or many of the prisoners very well.
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Grand Scheme »

Sloonei wrote: I am not sure I understand what you mean. Could you explain? How did ika set himself up as the stool pigeon, and why did his arrest necessitate silverwolf's?
Sure, everyone (including silverwolf herself) was giving crap to ika about why he had no apparent paranoia to silverwolf herself. The stool pigeon is the perfect cover to hide that. Seeing how he would also never make an emotional manipulative post to silverwolf as town (it's a scum claim hands down if he does something like that to silver), after ika flipping stool pigeon, it would be most logical that if he was town, he was stool pigeoned to silver. Their relationship clouds nothing about their judgements. Also if ika made that kind of post he was probably expecting silver to treat it like a scum claim and when she didn't he probably broke down and was telling them to not leave silver. Also considering her reads before the arrest were dead on, I would not be surprised to see the arrest be due to her reads in conjoint with the ohter reasons.
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Prisoner 419713 wrote:Their relationship clouds nothing about their judgements.
Haha okay, I get it.
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Keep on rockin'.
Assault
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 419713 wrote:
Sloonei wrote: I am not sure I understand what you mean. Could you explain? How did ika set himself up as the stool pigeon, and why did his arrest necessitate silverwolf's?
Sure, everyone (including silverwolf herself) was giving crap to ika about why he had no apparent paranoia to silverwolf herself. The stool pigeon is the perfect cover to hide that. Seeing how he would also never make an emotional manipulative post to silverwolf as town (it's a scum claim hands down if he does something like that to silver), after ika flipping stool pigeon, it would be most logical that if he was town, he was stool pigeoned to silver. Their relationship clouds nothing about their judgements. Also if ika made that kind of post he was probably expecting silver to treat it like a scum claim and when she didn't he probably broke down and was telling them to not leave silver. Also considering her reads before the arrest were dead on, I would not be surprised to see the arrest be due to her reads in conjoint with the ohter reasons.
I don't think the stool pigeon knew the exact player they would identify to the cops. The role description suggests they pick a number at random and are then told which ROLE that number corresponds with:
At the beginning of the game, he selects a number which corresponds to a member of his family (excluding The Don). He will learn the role of the player selected. If he is in danger of being arrested, he may choose to reveal the identity of this player to the Police, and if so, he is saved
Seeing as we've got two players seeming to claim that ika was the seemer, I'm willing to believe that he was, but I'm not sure who to believe is the real Daisy stool pigeon.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

if y'all can figure out what to do with soneji while i'm at work that'd be cool.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

also hey chaindeath, wanna hop in here and say something?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 21

Post by Young Lady »

Chaindeath is reading this thread...
Supervisor
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

chaindeath's post history is short if any of you prisoners feel like ISOing him.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Sloonei wrote:That was that prisoner's first post here. Anyone got any info to share on them?
*flips through his notes*

Prisoner 419713
Entry Date: [REDACTED]
Likely Identities: [REDACTED]
Number of Challenges Present For: [REDACTED]
Player Notes: Better participation in their first challenge than even some "established" prisoners. Waning participation afterwards. Participation level in "grouped challenges" unknown. Level of motivation is difficult to determine. Not as hostile seeming as some other prisoners.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 813142 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:That was that prisoner's first post here. Anyone got any info to share on them?
*flips through his notes*

Prisoner 419713
Entry Date: [REDACTED]
Likely Identities: [REDACTED]
Number of Challenges Present For: [REDACTED]
Player Notes: Better participation in their first challenge than even some "established" prisoners. Waning participation afterwards. Participation level in "grouped challenges" unknown. Level of motivation is difficult to determine. Not as hostile seeming as some other prisoners.
thank you.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Gunther
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Gunther »

Sloonei wrote:chaindeath's post history is short if any of you prisoners feel like ISOing him.
I may do this later on today, time permitting.
chaindeath
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 80

Post by chaindeath »

Prisoner 640326 wrote:Chaindeath is reading this thread...
Indeed he is, and he did. However, he has an event to go to soon so he'll post more of his thoughts here a bit later in the night.
Prisoner 483934 wrote:I'm voting for Elohcin because y'all seem pretty positive.

I don't know much about Soneji, but I wouldn't mind lynching him.

I don't want to lynch Prisoner 509, because that seems fruitless.

I'd buy chaindeath a drink for making it to Day 12 alive in his first game back in 3 years. :beer: Gin and tonic please! :D (tanqueray or hendricks :grin: )

I would make friends with Sloonei and Turnip Head because they are fun folks.
Also:
Prisoner 483934 wrote:
You are a strange one, I like it :P
With enough bullets, you can solve anything.
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Sloonei wrote:Seeing as we've got two players seeming to claim that ika was the seemer, I'm willing to believe that he was, but I'm not sure who to believe is the real Daisy stool pigeon.
We have no reason to question Silverwolf's motives. She was arrested because she was town, and her perspective was an honest one. The only question to be asked is this one:

Did Silverwolf intend to convey to us that she was the real stool pigeon, and that was how she knew ika was the seemer? Or did she intend to convey to us that she knew ika was the seemer because she felt she could read him really well?

One of those arguments is obviously stronger than the other, and if it's the former then Soneji is a cop. I'll dig in after dinner.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

chaindeath, I think your shift on Nerolunar just before the end of night last night makes you look bad. Care to respond?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Prisoner 606386 wrote:A grain of salt is my recommendation for you, a whole bag of rock salt is what I have for me.
Okay, that's why I'm confused about what you're saying. If you have more than a "grain of salt's" worth of doubt, then what is inspiring that strong doubt? It can't be that you are the stool pigeon, or this discussion would make no sense.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Seeing as we've got two players seeming to claim that ika was the seemer, I'm willing to believe that he was, but I'm not sure who to believe is the real Daisy stool pigeon.
We have no reason to question Silverwolf's motives. She was arrested because she was town, and her perspective was an honest one. The only question to be asked is this one:

Did Silverwolf intend to convey to us that she was the real stool pigeon, and that was how she knew ika was the seemer? Or did she intend to convey to us that she knew ika was the seemer because she felt she could read him really well?

One of those arguments is obviously stronger than the other, and if it's the former then Soneji is a cop. I'll dig in after dinner.
Agreed. These are the questions I am asking and I don't have an answer yet. It would be nice if Silverprisoner and Soneji were here right now. I have to go to work in a few minutes so I don't have time to do anything else today.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:

It's sooooooooo the latter though.
Assault
Ned Flanders
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Ned Flanders »

Soneji might be a cop anyway but not because Silver was the stool pigeon.
Assault
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Grand Scheme »

Prisoner 509378 wrote:

Both reasons.
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Grand Scheme »

Prisoner 606386 wrote:Soneji might be a cop anyway but not because Silver was the stool pigeon.
Are you claiming to be the real one?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Boomslang/Enrique was the other flipped stool pigeon, for what it's worth. I'm not sure it's worth anything, just thought I'd bring it up.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'll ask this again for the prisoners, since no one seemed to answer the first time: Chaindeath or Elohcin? This is every bit as important a question as the one about soneji/ika.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

actually it might not be, since it could be that they're both bad. BUT we can only lynch one person today, so let's make sure we're right. Everyone rushed their votes onto Elohcin without discussion and I don't like that.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Grand Scheme
Sockpuppet Account

Post by Grand Scheme »

Sloonei wrote:Boomslang/Enrique was the other flipped stool pigeon, for what it's worth. I'm not sure it's worth anything, just thought I'd bring it up.
Doesn't mean anything to me. Silver was a stool pigeon. Ika was seemer. Both reasons apply.

As for your question: Eloh
Prisoner 509378
Sockpuppet Account

Okay, now we have three prisoners challenging the notion that Soneji is the stool pigeon that ika claimed to be (419, 126, and 606). There can only be two cops maximum among the prisoners, because both RadicalFuzz and Dom are dead. The problem is that 606 is going about this argument from a very different direction and I'm quite baffled.

Return to “Previous Jobs”