Total votes: 11
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 253

Re: Downton Abbey Mafia - Day 1

Post by ika »

sig wrote:
Sorry about the multi posts.

Ika why did you list people the way you listed them? Mainly your town reads you seem to have an awful lot for so early into the game. Is this only tone based or do you have in thread reasons?

@Polo I realize in my rush of asshatery I didn't actually answer. As someone who has played on multiply sites I'd say it varies based on the player here. I think day 1 regardless of sites is odd, TS has the added benefit for mafia members of a day 0.
IN thread reasons as well as some other stuff that i have noticed on players. Scotty for example has no awareness and his posting seems carefree, kinea like vompii in rico games where i read him as town due to lack of awarenss
ika
Drug Dealer

Re: Downton Abbey Mafia

Post by ika »

Silverwolf wrote:ika-What does blue mean in your reads?
null-town
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Silverwolf wrote:Also ika, explain your Space Daisy read? She's pretty null to me right now.

Sure, i found her entrance to be lackluster, not only that but at the time of her posting there was quite a bit of dicussion so for her to have the "no comments ot be made" feels like its sucm who is out of place
And why is Sorsha town? I don't even remember Sorsha.
I think it was something about the poilcy lynch or something i have to iso again, i think that and the fact (s)he is more invested then ricotech game
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 132

Post by sig »

Dom wrote:
sig wrote:I don't see any reasoning for a Dom lynch, but we have had the good luck of lynching mafia day 1 maybe it will hold true for this game.

@Silver/Wilgy can you explain your vote?
so do you support a dom lynch or not
I'm null on you at this point.

It seems like rather weak reasoning for lynch someone, but it is just day 1. However, I don't think you'd get caught so easily as mafia. Plus I dislike the number of votes you have so early. So I'd rather not lynch you at this point.
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 486

Post by Epignosis »

I like this though. I think it makes sense.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Epignosis wrote:I like this though. I think it makes sense.
does it make him town?
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 77

Post by Silverwolf »

Dom wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Dom wrote:
thellama73 wrote:But I am the King of the Morlocks. :mafia:
lol
ika wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
It's not my place to endorse or condemn different types of play. I am not the emperor of mafia.
Well your an S-Mod here so for me i hold you guys to higher standards on what is endorsed and what's not. Nobody is an emperor of mafia and anyone who said they are i would tell them that even if they played every game flawless, that it does not make them mafia god.
Moderators on this site are not chosen by their mafia success. They are chosen for being responsible members of the community to help

I would love more people's input on my interaction with ika.
This post is the reason I'm voting for Dom

I felt like it was too "trying to look town" and somewhat weak overall which is why I asked about it and he just kind of said what we all were saying that we didn't understand why someone would give suspicions without elaborating on them. However, it pinged due to the overall tone of the posts that I didn't care for.
It is day 1. Do you expect the reads to be strong?
What was the tone? What part gave the tone?
Sorry, missed this. No, I don't expect reads to be strong yet. Tone is just my overall impression of your first posts of the game. It didn't seem quite natural to me or as relaxed as someone like Scotty is being for example.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

ika wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:Also ika, explain your Space Daisy read? She's pretty null to me right now.

Sure, i found her entrance to be lackluster, not only that but at the time of her posting there was quite a bit of dicussion so for her to have the "no comments ot be made" feels like its sucm who is out of place
I think it was something about the poilcy lynch or something i have to iso again, i think that and the fact (s)he is more invested then ricotech game
Makes sense, and I get your point on Daisy.

I think I'm gonna give you a light townread now.

~SW
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Silverwolf wrote: ~SW
silver, bby, we are not in a hydra yet.......
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

LOL

This is totally from a hydra game I am playing off site. I know I don't need to sign my post here. :p
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Silverwolf wrote:
LOL

This is totally from a hydra game I am playing off site. I know I don't need to sign my post here. :p
are you sure? you jsut sigged it here. :P
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 486

Post by Epignosis »

ika wrote:
does it make him town?
Yes, it absolutely does, and anybody who can't see it is blind. :keys:

:suspish:

No, it doesn't. The role Elohcin gave him privately determines his alignment. That is what makes him good or bad, and that is all.

I said his response to me makes sense (as opposed to his response to what Black Rock said). I'm not calling him a civilian.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

ika wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
LOL

are you sure? you jsut sigged it here. :P
Yes, I know. LOL

I'm really, really tired.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Silverwolf wrote:
Yes, I know. LOL

I'm really, really tired.
Then call me and i can play the music and we can doze off
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 242
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

ika wrote:
sig wrote:
Sorry about the multi posts.

Ika why did you list people the way you listed them? Mainly your town reads you seem to have an awful lot for so early into the game. Is this only tone based or do you have in thread reasons?

@Polo I realize in my rush of asshatery I didn't actually answer. As someone who has played on multiply sites I'd say it varies based on the player here. I think day 1 regardless of sites is odd, TS has the added benefit for mafia members of a day 0.
IN thread reasons as well as some other stuff that i have noticed on players. Scotty for example has no awareness and his posting seems carefree, kinea like vompii in rico games where i read him as town due to lack of awarenss
:suspish:
This not me:

This is me:
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 132

Post by sig »

Don't the red shirts always die?
ImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 153

Post by Dom »

ika wrote:
does it make him town?
Since you're starting from the assumption that I am bad, you won't get to any conclusion that I am town.

But I am. :sigh:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Dom whats your read on metalmarsh and why?
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 54

Post by DrWilgy »

Black Rock wrote:I don't really see the Dom suspicion at all and yet he already has four votes. Are the votes changeable this game? I might have missed where it says.
DrWilgy wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Scotty wrote:So I'm sitting here on the latrine with a revolver pressed against my cranium and I'm currently reading Sherlock Holmes. So there ya go.

Anyone else want to make some gun to head reads?
Don't you think it's a little early?
*There's a note next to Wilgy's body*

It's never too late for love. Seize the chance while you can. Life is too short.

*It seems like Wilgy wanted his friends to go out and hug those who are near to them (before his demise of course)*
lol, I have loved you from the first moment I hosted you.
*Wilgy's body seems happy, ooze forming a heart can be seen coming out of it*

*For some reason a book falls off and falls wide open, turns out to be Wilgy's diary... It reads the following,
  • "Dear Diary,

This is what my vote was based on.
    DrWilgy wrote:*Wilgy's corpse rots in a way that causes his dead hand to click the vote on a randy person*
    and indeed it was random. I was surprised to see the player I clicked had votes already, for I hadn't read the thread.

Also,
    Metalmarsh89 wrote:I was gonna say something, but I forget what it was.

Regardless, I'm taking DrWilgy prisoner before he can abduct someone else.
    Marmot thinks he can control me... too bad I'm already dead :feb: "
It seems the Doctor is somehow communicating from beyond the grave*
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 242
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

sig wrote:Don't the red shirts always die?
do I ever make it to the end of a Mafia game?
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 28

Post by DFaraday »

I'm not liking so many votes on Dom already. Especially since I don't think he's done anything shady.

As for Ika's comments re: Epi, I don't agree with it. And I think the practice of policy voting people for not playing a distinctly town game, regardless of whether that person is actually bad, is itself not a town strategy.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Spacedaisy »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:I wouldn't say anyone who's characterized my game is wrong. I just think "sneaky" is a weird word to use to characterize someone you don't suspect.
How can Black Rock suspect you over the span of years? The context was about how you've changed.

In other words, she used a word to describe your overall play as it has evolved, irrespective of you right now.
Black Rock wrote:
Dom wrote:
Illyria wrote:Scotty and Llama, I do not think I know you, but you have been cracking me up during my catch up.
I am an ASL interpreter.

Okay, Dom here is my first question. Has your game play changed significantly do you think?

Also, can someone please remind me how we multi quote here? I will go hunting in just a mo but figured maybe I could get a faster answer in thread.
From the last time you saw it? I wouldn't say significantly.
Since the last time we played together a lot? I'd say so. But feel free to ask other people from LP/TP too!
I can help with my opinion. For the most part yes. He's much more sneakier. Sometimes I think he falls back into habits but no one believes me when he does.
That's a general view, not one that is specific right now. She doesn't have to suspect you right now to say this.
I'm not saying that I'm suspicious of Black Rock for it. I'm saying it was weird word choice.

You of all people know that word choice is important. You know that saying I'm sneaky in the thread might be a nice way to push a Dom lynch without supporting a Dom lynch.
And you just said you don't suspect her but then turned around and ascribed nefarious intentions to her choice of words....
ika wrote:

Two things:

1. I did not make no comments, I commented on the one thing I had an opinion worth expressing about. That thing was the forced Ld statements conversation which was one of maybe two major conversations.

2. I am a slow starter. I engage more/become more talkative the further along I get. :shrug:

I do have one other thing to comment on, but you probably won't care for it ika. I think your conversation earlier regarding higher standards is highly flawed. In mafia, everyone has a different perspective, different approaches and different ways of thinking. I have often in my mafia career had times when someone seemed so bad to me because I could not see a civilian reason for their behavior. But in the end I found that a lot of it was simply because I looked at things one way and their thought processes led them to look at it in a completely different way. What I am saying is, you are judging everyone according to your standards/expectations, and you are not infallible. Your way is not the only right way. So I would assume you are holding me to a standard because of my role in this site as well and that this plays some part in your feelings about my entrance, but I not only think this is illogical and unfair of you, I also think it will bite you in the ass if you keep up this approach with people.

All that said, I think you and SW are likely civilians. You are just incorrect about me.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Spacedaisy wrote: I do have one other thing to comment on, but you probably won't care for it ika. I think your conversation earlier regarding higher standards is highly flawed. In mafia, everyone has a different perspective, different approaches and different ways of thinking. I have often in my mafia career had times when someone seemed so bad to me because I could not see a civilian reason for their behavior. But in the end I found that a lot of it was simply because I looked at things one way and their thought processes led them to look at it in a completely different way. What I am saying is, you are judging everyone according to your standards/expectations, and you are not infallible. Your way is not the only right way. So I would assume you are holding me to a standard because of my role in this site as well and that this plays some part in your feelings about my entrance, but I not only think this is illogical and unfair of you, I also think it will bite you in the ass if you keep up this approach with people.
This is actually a pretty good point and kind of a town looking post.

I'm gonna move my vote to metalmarsh89 to kind of shake things up a bit here.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Dom wrote:I wouldn't say anyone who's characterized my game is wrong. I just think "sneaky" is a weird word to use to characterize someone you don't suspect.
How can Black Rock suspect you over the span of years? The context was about how you've changed.

In other words, she used a word to describe your overall play as it has evolved, irrespective of you right now.
Black Rock wrote:
Dom wrote:
Illyria wrote:Scotty and Llama, I do not think I know you, but you have been cracking me up during my catch up.
I am an ASL interpreter.

Okay, Dom here is my first question. Has your game play changed significantly do you think?

Also, can someone please remind me how we multi quote here? I will go hunting in just a mo but figured maybe I could get a faster answer in thread.
Since the last time we played together a lot? I'd say so. But feel free to ask other people from LP/TP too!
I can help with my opinion. For the most part yes. He's much more sneakier. Sometimes I think he falls back into habits but no one believes me when he does.
That's a general view, not one that is specific right now. She doesn't have to suspect you right now to say this.
I'm not saying that I'm suspicious of Black Rock for it. I'm saying it was weird word choice.

You of all people know that word choice is important. You know that saying I'm sneaky in the thread might be a nice way to push a Dom lynch without supporting a Dom lynch.
And you just said you don't suspect her but then turned around and ascribed nefarious intentions to her choice of words....
Actually, that's true. Dom, what can you say about this dichotomy in your post? You say you're not suspicious of BR, but then your last sentence really reads as though the opposite were true.
DFaraday wrote:I'm not liking so many votes on Dom already. Especially since I don't think he's done anything shady.

As for Ika's comments re: Epi, I don't agree with it. And I think the practice of policy voting people for not playing a distinctly town game, regardless of whether that person is actually bad, is itself not a town strategy.
I tend to think that baddies, primarily when there is only one baddie team, would be more inclined to give Civ reads than baddie reads, because they're honest (aka 100% sure), whereas any baddie reads are inherently dishonest and harder to manage. That's the feeling I got from this post of yours. Putting my vote on DFaraday at this time.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Long Con wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Black Rock wrote:
Dom wrote:
I am an ASL interpreter.

Actually, that's true. Dom, what can you say about this dichotomy in your post? You say you're not suspicious of BR, but then your last sentence really reads as though the opposite were true.
DFaraday wrote:I'm not liking so many votes on Dom already. Especially since I don't think he's done anything shady.

I tend to think that baddies, primarily when there is only one baddie team, would be more inclined to give Civ reads than baddie reads, because they're honest (aka 100% sure), whereas any baddie reads are inherently dishonest and harder to manage. That's the feeling I got from this post of yours. Putting my vote on DFaraday at this time.
:sigh: I didn't even give a civ read of anyone. I don't think Dom is civ per se, I just haven't seen anything to make me think he's bad, nor to justify four votes on him so early in the day.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Or are you saying I was dishonestly baddie reading Ika?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

BTW-my vote on metalmarsh is because he's not doing anything productive at all and appears to be avoiding the thread.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

This post is scummy due to the fact that it's an instant defense of the leading wagon.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

ika wrote:Dom whats your read on metalmarsh and why?
Don't have one yet because he's too wacky.
Spacedaisy wrote:
Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:

Black Rock wrote:
Dom wrote:
I am an ASL interpreter.

I said it's possible. I brought up a point for discussion and Epi gave me reason to doubt it. So I did.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Spacedaisy wrote:
Two things:

1. I did not make no comments, I commented on the one thing I had an opinion worth expressing about. That thing was the forced Ld statements conversation which was one of maybe two major conversations.
I knew about that one but to me i felt like it had little to no real substance
2. I am a slow starter. I engage more/become more talkative the further along I get. :shrug:
can you show me a town and scum game of yorus then? also if your slow to start when is the normal point you start getting reads

[quoteI do have one other thing to comment on, but you probably won't care for it ika. I think your conversation earlier regarding higher standards is highly flawed. In mafia, everyone has a different perspective, different approaches and different ways of thinking. I have often in my mafia career had times when someone seemed so bad to me because I could not see a civilian reason for their behavior. But in the end I found that a lot of it was simply because I looked at things one way and their thought processes led them to look at it in a completely different way. What I am saying is, you are judging everyone according to your standards/expectations, and you are not infallible. Your way is not the only right way. So I would assume you are holding me to a standard because of my role in this site as well and that this plays some part in your feelings about my entrance, but I not only think this is illogical and unfair of you, I also think it will bite you in the ass if you keep up this approach with people. [/quote]

I am one of the biggest people who says they are not infallible frankly. i may act very aggressive or athortive in my stances, its jsut who i am. but i always know i can be wrong. as for the standards, its more of the baseline i use that has been very successful in my games i have played.
All that said, I think you and SW are likely civilians. You are just incorrect about me.
Why am i a civ?
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

aaaaaaannnnndddddd i fuck up quoting again
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 99

Post by thellama73 »

I'm thinking about either voting for the rotting corpse of Wilgy or for DFaraday.

This post seems like filler to me, and Wilgy so far has been gazonks with his whiffle posting, which is making me think he might be ignatz trillo.

Am I doing a good job of keeping up with the new slang?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

For people suspecting DFaraday, do you think this is unusual behavior for him or just vapid behavior?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Dom wrote:For people suspecting DFaraday, do you think this is unusual behavior for him or just vapid behavior?
That question really tries to force the answer to be one of the two, that's kind of weird to me. I don't suspect him for unusual OR vapid behaviour. I suspect him because of what I consider baddie behaviour. You didn't answer my question to you about the dichotomy of your previous post.
thellama73 wrote:I'm thinking about either voting for the rotting corpse of Wilgy or for DFaraday.

This post seems like filler to me, and Wilgy so far has been gazonks with his whiffle posting, which is making me think he might be ignatz trillo.

You get part marks, but I think you whiffled on it a little.
Silverwolf wrote:

This post is scummy due to the fact that it's an instant defense of the leading wagon.
That's a good way of putting it. The opinion about Epi is a nice safe one as well, for those who have played with Epi a lot. I'm not saying it's wrong, it's almost TOO obvious an opinion to have.
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 99

Post by thellama73 »

'Safe" is exactly the right word, Long Con. Well put.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Silverwolf wrote:

Is going along with bandwagons more townish behavior?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 10

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

I agree with this. If Dom is doing something that someone feels is suspicious and pointed it out, then I must have missed it. I'll look back later and see if I can find it though.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 10

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:

I agree with this. If Dom is doing something that someone feels is suspicious and pointed it out, then I must have missed it. I'll look back later and see if I can find it though.
Somehow I went to post before I finished my thought. Need more coffee still...

That being said, if Dom is indeed bad, then this looks like someone trying to offer a subtle defense of a teammate without providing any legitimate backing to it.

I think I know where I'm putting a placeholder vote for now.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

That being said, if Dom is indeed bad, then this looks like someone trying to offer a subtle defense of a teammate without providing any legitimate backing to it.

So you agree with me, but you're voting me anyway. Okay.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

Also, what do you mean by legitimate backing? You yourself said that you haven't noticed anything suspicious from Dom, what else is there to say about it?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Black Rock wrote:I don't really see the Dom suspicion at all and yet he already has four votes. Are the votes changeable this game? I might have missed where it says.
DrWilgy wrote:
Black Rock wrote:
Scotty wrote:So I'm sitting here on the latrine with a revolver pressed against my cranium and I'm currently reading Sherlock Holmes. So there ya go.

It's never too late for love. Seize the chance while you can. Life is too short.

*It seems like Wilgy wanted his friends to go out and hug those who are near to them (before his demise of course)*
And here BR said the same thing as me. But I guess it's only suspicious when I find sudden bandwagons forming almost instantly and for no clear reason to be weird.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

DFaraday wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
Black Rock wrote:

And here BR said the same thing as me. But I guess it's only suspicious when I find sudden bandwagons forming almost instantly and for no clear reason to be weird.
That's a reasonable point. I'm not trying to unfairly single you out, but your post pinged my gut. I don't control the gut, it controls ME! :haha: Your post, though, gave a soft defense of Dom AND "safe" defense of Epi in the same post, so that caught my attention more.

That said, there are others besides you and BR that have said Dom doesn't seem suspicious to them.
DFaraday wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:

Is going along with bandwagons more townish behavior?
Changeable votes has given me a changeable mind regarding that... with fixed votes, this looks like a big ol' bandwagon to me. With changeable votes, I see it as a conversation-pusher. I don't expect all of them to still have their votes on Dom by the time the lynch is up, I think the early voting/piling on tends to be more of a part of the journey than the end point.
thellama73 wrote:'Safe" is exactly the right word, Long Con. Well put.
I pat Silver's back, you pat mine. I'm Even Steven.
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Long Con wrote:
Dom wrote:For people suspecting DFaraday, do you think this is unusual behavior for him or just vapid behavior?
That question really tries to force the answer to be one of the two, that's kind of weird to me. I don't suspect him for unusual OR vapid behaviour. I suspect him because of what I consider baddie behaviour. You didn't answer my question to you about the dichotomy of your previous post.
You're right. I forgot to answer your point. Perhaps BR unintentionally did this, but either way, she should know. If she is bad, then we should call her out on it and lynch her. If she isn't bad and does not want me lynched, then we shoud let her know that her words might be pushing others to do something different.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 54

Post by DrWilgy »

*The room gets chiller and the diary reveals another page*
  • "Dear diary,
    It's keeps getting darker...
    thellama73 wrote:I'm thinking about either voting for the rotting corpse of Wilgy or for DFaraday.

Why am I this strange slang? Is it a good thing? I suppose not since you want to kill me... Why do you want to hurt me Llama?"
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 217
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Black Rock wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Just because I said I haven't been lynched Day 1 in a while doesn't mean the time has come again. :(
It might be a good idea though. How about if you're bad? Then I might die night 1 if you're not lynched first. I have to put some thought into this. :ponder:

Seeing Illy play has brought my mood up. I like the return of old Mafia friends. I thought I'd never see her again.
I'll probably nightkill Scotty instead. He's my other go-to option.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

ika wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:
Two things:

I knew about that one but to me i felt like it had little to no real substance
can you show me a town and scum game of yorus then? also if your slow to start when is the normal point you start getting reads
I do have one other thing to comment on, but you probably won't care for it ika. I think your conversation earlier regarding higher standards is highly flawed. In mafia, everyone has a different perspective, different approaches and different ways of thinking. I have often in my mafia career had times when someone seemed so bad to me because I could not see a civilian reason for their behavior. But in the end I found that a lot of it was simply because I looked at things one way and their thought processes led them to look at it in a completely different way. What I am saying is, you are judging everyone according to your standards/expectations, and you are not infallible. Your way is not the only right way. So I would assume you are holding me to a standard because of my role in this site as well and that this plays some part in your feelings about my entrance, but I not only think this is illogical and unfair of you, I also think it will bite you in the ass if you keep up this approach with people.
I am one of the biggest people who says they are not infallible frankly. i may act very aggressive or athortive in my stances, its jsut who i am. but i always know i can be wrong. as for the standards, its more of the baseline i use that has been very successful in my games i have played.
Why am i a civ?
I don't have a set time when I get reads, they happen when they happen. How quickly I get a read on someone does not have much to do with me and more to do with how well I have learned to read them or what their tells are for me. So there is no hard and fast time. Additionally, what I mean by slow starter is that I post less early in a game and slowly ramp it up over the course of the game as I get my footing more.

The highlighted portion is my exact point against you right now. You have some kind of baseline that you think is what people should measure up against, thereby implying that it is the "right" way to play that you can always measure people against. I recommend that when this game is over you reconsider this, because I know at least in my case it is failing you.

Finally, what you feel doesn't change the truth. I commented on the only thing I felt worth commenting on, I didn't have any other thoughts at that point. Think or feel what you like about it, it doesn't change my alignment.

I think you are civ because you are not behaving the same way as you did in Turf Wars. I feel less strongly about Silverwolf but you seem to think she is civ. lets logic it out shall we?

If you were bad and she was not on your team, you would say you believed she was civ because you know she is.

If you were good and believed she was civ, you would say she is because that is your honest read of her.

If you were good and believed she was bad, you would say that because you take pride in the fact you can read her well and you want to solve the game.

If you were bad and she were bad, you would likely call her civ to protect her.

Based on your actions, I believe you to be civ. You have read her civ at this point, so my conclusion is you honestly believe her to be civ. at the moment I am willing to trust you are correct based on your knowledge of her.

This doesn't mean I give you both a free pass for the remainder of the game, this is just my thinking on the two of you at this point in time. I can also acknowledge that she might be fooling you or you might be fooling me. But it's early and the way I feel about you now is what will affect my vote today. Who knows what might change my mind tomorrow.

P.S. Bravo on evoking this much out of me on Day 1. This is not the norm.

P.P.S. For my best Mafia performance see Death Note. For a civ performance see maybe The Hobbit? I dunno that these will tell you much though. Death Note was not a conventional game and I've never won as civ yet. But mafia tends to win here at TS so that's not all that surprising.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Illyria wrote:
Dom wrote:Illy, I think BR said something that's true. Maybe nuanced is a better word than sneaky.
Dude, you know right now I think every single one of you is evil. So why would I buy that?
Good to see you're keeping your options open for your Day 1 vote. ;)
I think one can be sneaky without being suspicious.
sig wrote:I don't see any reasoning for a Dom lynch, but we have had the good luck of lynching mafia day 1 maybe it will hold true for this game.

@Silver/Wilgy can you explain your vote?
List 3 names you would CFD today. Go!
Scotty wrote:
sig wrote:Don't the red shirts always die?
do I ever make it to the end of a Mafia game?
I know the answer to this question.
DrWilgy wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I was gonna say something, but I forget what it was.

Regardless, I'm taking DrWilgy prisoner before he can abduct someone else.
Marmot thinks he can control me... too bad I'm already dead :feb: "
[/list]
It seems the Doctor is somehow communicating from beyond the grave*
But, but, I captured you before you were dead.

Can you grant me a final wish?

I disagree. Who would we lynch if it's not the player playing the least civilian of any of us?
Silverwolf wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote: I do have one other thing to comment on, but you probably won't care for it ika. I think your conversation earlier regarding higher standards is highly flawed. In mafia, everyone has a different perspective, different approaches and different ways of thinking. I have often in my mafia career had times when someone seemed so bad to me because I could not see a civilian reason for their behavior. But in the end I found that a lot of it was simply because I looked at things one way and their thought processes led them to look at it in a completely different way. What I am saying is, you are judging everyone according to your standards/expectations, and you are not infallible. Your way is not the only right way. So I would assume you are holding me to a standard because of my role in this site as well and that this plays some part in your feelings about my entrance, but I not only think this is illogical and unfair of you, I also think it will bite you in the ass if you keep up this approach with people.
This is actually a pretty good point and kind of a town looking post.

I'm gonna move my vote to metalmarsh89 to kind of shake things up a bit here.
Good morning to you too.

I'm going to follow suit.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

birdwithteeth11 wrote:

Have you not been reading either myself or LC? I find it weird that he is phrasing things in such a way to frame someone as suspicious without saying as much, especially in light of the fact that he was so paranoid about the fact BR using the word "sneaky" because it might be subtly doing just that. If he suspected it as a civ, he would say it outright. Otherwise why say it?
birdwithteeth11 wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote:

So what you are saying in the first quote is, I don't see why people are suspecting Dom. Then in the second quote you are saying, well if Dom is bad then DF must be his teammate. And your conclusion is to vote for DF? Based on the hypothetical alignment of someone you don't seemed inclined to think is bad in the first place? I don't trust you birdy.

birdwithteeth
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Silverwolf wrote:BTW-my vote on metalmarsh is because he's not doing anything productive at all and appears to be avoiding the thread.
I was probably doing other things. I also keep a Syndicate tab open on my computer when I am not around it.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Not really. You didn't use snicker-snack or galumph.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”