Host/Dead/Non-Player
55%

Total votes: 11
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 253

Re: Downton Abbey Mafia (Night 2)

Post by ika »

Epignosis wrote:Let me run this question by you, ika: Instead of telling Lord Grantham what he should have done, why not tell us who you think murdered Silverwolf? That would be the most helpful use of your time. I find it bizarre that I should even have to raise this question to you.
well im goign to look at her read and lynch the people she was supecting and go from there.

i knwo dfar was one of them so im starting there tommorw

daisy is a close second

ill have to read the rest of he reads
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 242
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Well. That sucked.

Will be back later tomorrow. My reads are still messed up and this recent turn did nothing to help me. I'm as blind as a bat in a hail storm. Meaning I'm still blind, but I'm also in a hail storm.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Epignosis wrote:
why would she not be killed n1? she died n2 in heist that you were follwing and i knwo shes not everyones top civ read but she was univeraly town read comapred to everyone else or do you have soemthing to disprove that
Night 2 is not Night 1. I would not have expected Mafia to kill her Night 1 because I think the two of you can be manipulated to defend each other or work with each other to the mafia's favor. I don't know what heist I was following where she died Night 2.

She was not "universally town read." Nobody is Day and Night 1 unless you are bad and know better. Universally means everybody, and everybody didn't agree she was good.[/quote]

when players die early, (night 1/2) in other games i would look into that. its not the point that it was night 2, it was that she died early. that would lead it to have er dying n1 as well. if i was the doc i would of already portected her.

as for the second part about us being maipulated, i doubt it. long con (who i suspect still aslo) was someone that was budding her. it felt like his enitre play for the msot part was trying to get on her good side from what i recall.

and yes i get she was not "universally" town read, but she was the most town read player.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Scotty wrote:Well. That sucked.

Will be back later tomorrow. My reads are still messed up and this recent turn did nothing to help me. I'm as blind as a bat in a hail storm. Meaning I'm still blind, but I'm also in a hail storm.
also i wantedd to yell a bucnh at you, keep on track with silvers reads and push those
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

ika wrote:

also i wantedd to yell a bucnh at you, keep on track with silvers reads and push those
Ok, dad

ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Scotty wrote:
ika wrote:

Ok, dad
well we both though youn were obvious town on day 1 and to see you kinda waffle around wanted me to go "SCOTTY FOCUS"

how about this: do you have a color list that you could make off top of head
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

ika wrote:
Scotty wrote:
ika wrote:

Ok, dad
well we both though youn were obvious town on day 1 and to see you kinda waffle around wanted me to go "SCOTTY FOCUS"

In the middle of a show but will maaaaybe do one tomorrow when traveling. I've never done a rainbow list- never believed in 'em. But I'll probably comb through my original suspicions and see if I can make anything of them.

sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 132

Re: Downton Abbey Mafia (Day 2)

Post by sig »

Okay the fact Bubbles/Bea was lynched is ridiculous. People were saying DF is an easy mislynch? bubbles is much much easier to mislynch. The fact that a player who subbed out was lynched was very weird to me. First she was obviously busy hence she subbed out. Second as we can see from Arkham as a baddie she stays in even when busy her leaving made it more obvious that she was a civ/doctor. EVEN worse you lynched a player who subbed out and the player subbing in hadn't have even posted.
Nerolunar wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Polo wrote:EBWOP, because there's two more scenarios that I hadn't thought of previously:

Lady Rose MacClare was talked out of acting on Night 1 because Lady Mary Crawley used her power on Rose;
Lady Rose MacClare had her action redirected to Silverwolf.
James Kent seems like the same kind of role as well:

"James flirts with his target each night, making him or her forget to do anything at night. " Sounds like a role block.
Are you James Kent?

Okay with Bubbles and Sig voting DF for shallow reasons(and myself too, to a degree I will admit) Im thinking about backing off of him. If Matt has not responded to his accusers by the time I leave for a party later this afternoon my vote will go there. I think Ika is the one who is silenced, otherwise he would have posted by now.
My reasoning wasn't shallow. It is a gut/tone based read which as I said has been proven right about DF before. I find it odd for you to say this seeing how you've voted for DF two days in a row.
Spacedaisy wrote:I'm at work so let me keep my explanation quick. Matt is low engagement right now, but he has not been replaced. I think a person who believes they might not have time is more likely to hang in there longer if they are a civ, because they don't have teammates they know they are letting down. Civs don't know who their teammates are so they are less likely to feel the pressure of helping their team. That was a very fast replacement and she didn't say anything about getting a replacement in her post that I recall. Most civs announce they are going to ask for one.
Wait explain to me why you voted for Bubbles then? I completely disagree with this and I find it to be a very weak reasoning to switch your vote.

Also Llama's logic based around Baddies more likely to be replaces is faulty reasoning. I don't think this is true. I highly doubt a host would favor the mafia over the civs by trying harder to replace them.
Epignosis wrote:I changed my vote to Bubbles. I too will walk the dangerous path.
No reasoning or logic behind this vote? Why diid you vote for Bubbles espacilly since you went after Daisy/Scotty over their posts. :eye:

And Llama never even explained his switch? Especially after he wrote a post about voting for Df.

I'm disliking (nah misliking sounds so much better :P) Polo, Matt, Llama, and Space Daisy. Epi is being odd so is Wilgy. However, out of those four I find Llama's and Polo's post flip reactions to be the worse while SD's was better. I don't like Llama trying to lay the blame on SD when he switched for the same reason she did.

Epi you say it was shit yet you voted for it why?
ImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

hey sig would it be too far fetched that epi is the silencer?
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 132

Post by sig »

ika wrote:hey sig would it be too far fetched that epi is the silencer?
I wouldn't say it was far fetched, but I wouldn't say there is any proof that he is.
ImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

sig wrote:
I wouldn't say it was far fetched, but I wouldn't say there is any proof that he is.
well consdiering how he seemed to be beithcing about me being unslilenced?

doesnt any of his iso seem to lead to anything of thinking that?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Spacedaisy »

ika wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Let me run this question by you, ika: Instead of telling Lord Grantham what he should have done, why not tell us who you think murdered Silverwolf? That would be the most helpful use of your time. I find it bizarre that I should even have to raise this question to you.
well im goign to look at her read and lynch the people she was supecting and go from there.

daisy is a close second

That's interesting since she was town reading me.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Spacedaisy wrote:
ika wrote:

daisy is a close second

That's interesting since she was town reading me.
am i not allowed to have reads indepent of her as well?

i would like to hear your thought on this flip, if you already commented could you quote it?

i mean after all you were one of the main wagoners about it
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 486

Post by Epignosis »

sig wrote:Okay the fact Bubbles/Bea was lynched is ridiculous.
No it isn't. It was shit, but not ridiculous- two different things.
sig wrote:People were saying DF is an easy mislynch? bubbles is much much easier to mislynch.
No she isn't. DF gets lynched all the time for stupid reasons. Bubbles doesn't get lynched at all until later on. This is untrue.
sig wrote:The fact that a player who subbed out was lynched was very weird to me. First she was obviously busy hence she subbed out. Second as we can see from Arkham as a baddie she stays in even when busy her leaving made it more obvious that she was a civ/doctor. EVEN worse you lynched a player who subbed out and the player subbing in hadn't have even posted.
Your 20/20 hindsight would have been nice to have seven hours ago, sig. :rolleyes:
sig wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I changed my vote to Bubbles. I too will walk the dangerous path.
No reasoning or logic behind this vote? Why diid you vote for Bubbles espacilly since you went after Daisy/Scotty over their posts. :eye:
No sir. I explained in detail my thinking regarding Bubbles- pros and cons, I did not go after spacedaisy or Scotty over their posts. You are making all this up.
sig wrote:Epi you say it was shit yet you voted for it why?
Because it was shit.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Oh you are allowed to have whatever reads you like, but the way you phrased that made it sound as though I was second on your list because of silver's reads you were going to push. You should listen to her read on me, she was right.

Epi didn't ever go after me for my posts that I recall.

Yep I was wrong on my theory regarding bubbles replacement, I sure it won't be the last time I'm wrong I my mafia career. It is what it is.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Spacedaisy wrote:Oh you are allowed to have whatever reads you like, but the way you phrased that made it sound as though I was second on your list because of silver's reads you were going to push. You should listen to her read on me, she was right.

Epi didn't ever go after me for my posts that I recall.

Yep I was wrong on my theory regarding bubbles replacement, I sure it won't be the last time I'm wrong I my mafia career. It is what it is.
its a mixture of both, jsut becuase i say something of the sort base don phrasing does not mean its the literal thing.

jsut like how epi was saying "univeral town read" eand everyone when thats not exactly how i apply it all the time. i tend to use a lot of words like that
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Well, don't be surprised if it gets people suspicious. We believe words matter around here. ;) Also, I am probably most confident in you as town fwiw. So don't take my questioning as a sign of distrust.

DF, who are you top suspects currently?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

Crapweasel. I completely forgot the vote ended tonight. I'm away for the weekend for a wedding, and completely lost track of where we were in the day/night game cycle. Sorry!!

disappointed in lynch result. I wouldn't have voted Bubbles--she wasn't reading bad to me. Need to read back to see what got her votes started.

Not sure I'd have voted DF, either. I know I didn't see the case on him early on--need to read back and see his posts myself and also read what people are seeing that make them suspect him.

Honestly not sure where I'd have voted.
Matt wrote:
LoRab wrote:Been checking on the game in spurts throughout the day--never time to read more than a few posts at a time. One of those days. Anyway, looking at the current vote getters:

I still don't see the case on Dom. I don't really have a read on him yet, but nothing about his posts screams bad to me. BWT, I can see that his points are inconsistent, which I don't recall as being his norm, so I have an eyebrow on him, and could vote that way. Weak, but a day 1 vote is generally weak. DF seems to be playing typically--not sure I caught what the suspicion of him is based on. Need to reread the posts about him.

I'm sure I had more thoughts, but I can't remember them at the moment. Sleepy after a 12 plus hour work day.
Don't know where Lorab eventually votes, but this caught my eye. I suppose I could go look to see where she eventually votes...

Wilgy. Hrm.
Why does that catch your eye?
Illyria wrote:
Matt wrote:To MM, Faraday, Scotty

You helped contribute to a civ lynch on Day 1 by voting Bwt (yeah I did too), and you currently all have your votes on me.

Step it up, gentleman.

I'm going to vote Illy for now in case we want to do a surprise attack on her, but I may change it in about 20 minutes depending on what happens with bea/bubbles and DF.
Well the bad news is you have also just voted for a civilian, and the fact that you are calling to take me out makes you not only wrong, but also contributing to the Mafia goals. What happened to Polo being in the lead? you flipped back to me with no explanation? When I called you out for your illogical stance on me, you came back with "you didn't understand me" not any kind of clarification.

With all of this I am still not voting for you, as right now I think you are simply confused and trying to survive not evil. This can change however.

So I went back and looked at the player list to remind myself who all is playing and I realized I am worried about LoRab. She has been pretty quiet, which is for me, disconcerting. I am putting a vote on her because I want her to know that I am watching. Closely. :eye:

Linki: Dom how do you know that Matt didn't ask for one? You are not making me feel awesome about you, can you clarify please?

*votes LoRab*
:pout: I accept the vote. And I have been quiet--I'm travelling this weekend, so my schedule has been even wonkier than usual. Also, my game is a lot quieter than it used to be. I'll try to post more, though!!
Why are you speculating in the thread about who has a civilian role? :eye:
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 153

Post by Dom »

Polo wrote:
Matt wrote:
Polo wrote:Dr. Wilgy, are you going to insist on lurking?
Your sole contribution to the game so far has been "Let's not lynch anyone" or "let's lynch absent folks". You're pretty much lurking, disguised as playing.

:meany:
This is my second mafia game. What do you expect from me?
Can we lynch this guy?
Illyria wrote:
Matt wrote:To MM, Faraday, Scotty

You helped contribute to a civ lynch on Day 1 by voting Bwt (yeah I did too), and you currently all have your votes on me.

Step it up, gentleman.

I'm going to vote Illy for now in case we want to do a surprise attack on her, but I may change it in about 20 minutes depending on what happens with bea/bubbles and DF.
Well the bad news is you have also just voted for a civilian, and the fact that you are calling to take me out makes you not only wrong, but also contributing to the Mafia goals. What happened to Polo being in the lead? you flipped back to me with no explanation? When I called you out for your illogical stance on me, you came back with "you didn't understand me" not any kind of clarification.

With all of this I am still not voting for you, as right now I think you are simply confused and trying to survive not evil. This can change however.

So I went back and looked at the player list to remind myself who all is playing and I realized I am worried about LoRab. She has been pretty quiet, which is for me, disconcerting. I am putting a vote on her because I want her to know that I am watching. Closely. :eye:

Linki: Dom how do you know that Matt didn't ask for one? You are not making me feel awesome about you, can you clarify please?

*votes LoRab*
How do I know? I don't. Daisy assumes he did.

Her implication was very obviously that because Bubbles was replaced before Matt, she must be bad. That's some bullsuit because we don't know that Matt wants to be replaced, and given by his behavior in thread, he does not.

Why, exactly, does this make you feel worse about me?
Illyria wrote:Bugger. That is not ideal.

Dr Wilgy, anytime you want to present some actual evidence I am right here. Dom and you trying to kill me does not make me feel great about either one of you. This lynch has actually been very helpful for me to clarify a few undecideds into categories. Yourself included.

Spoiler alert: It is not the civilians category.
So... you suspect me because I voted for you?
Nice NO U, where'd you get it?
thellama73 wrote:Speaking of Daisy, this the second time she has led us away from voting for DFaraday. I'll probably be voting for her tomorrow.
1) You were the last vote on Bubbles, so this is hypocrisy if I've ever seen it.

2) By your logic, should we not lynch DFaraday first, see if he's bad and THEN vote Daisy?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Nerolunar »

Crap.

I was in a hurry to leave and forgot to move my vote away from DF. Bubbles got lynched though anyway :fist:

I don´t trust our tiebreaker to do his job. Putting a lynch result in the hands of one single player is a bad policy, so I think we should try to avoid ties going forward.

Polo looks bad - speculating on game mechanics and roles instead of actually contributing looks like effort but really isn´t. I know he is new and all, but its not an argument he can use to make us not suspect him.

Still feeling pretty good about Ika. He should spellcheck his posts though, Im having trouble reading what he writes.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 17

Post by S~V~S »

Happy Sunday Beautiful Players!

You have all made me so happy this week, I am leaving this cute picture of a baby fox cuddling with a stuffed bunny! Enjoy its' cuteness!

Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 95

Post by Polo »

Dom wrote:
Polo wrote: This is my second mafia game. What do you expect from me?
Can we lynch this guy?
Why exactly?
Nerolunar wrote:Polo looks bad - speculating on game mechanics and roles instead of actually contributing looks like effort but really isn´t. I know he is new and all, but its not an argument he can use to make us not suspect him.
I can guarantee that I'm a civilian in this game just like in the previous one.

The only strategy that I think I know that works is to try and role-guess and take notes of everyone's vote history, along with annotating whether they've suffered any effects from rolepowers and use that to our favor during lynch polls.

That is what I'm doing.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

LoRab wrote:
Why are you speculating in the thread about who has a civilian role? :eye:
sometimes i get board and like to try to figure peoples roles
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Polo wrote:
Dom wrote:
Polo wrote: This is my second mafia game. What do you expect from me?
Can we lynch this guy?
Why exactly?
Nerolunar wrote:Polo looks bad - speculating on game mechanics and roles instead of actually contributing looks like effort but really isn´t. I know he is new and all, but its not an argument he can use to make us not suspect him.
I can guarantee that I'm a civilian in this game just like in the previous one.

The only strategy that I think I know that works is to try and role-guess and take notes of everyone's vote history, along with annotating whether they've suffered any effects from rolepowers and use that to our favor during lynch polls.

That is what I'm doing.
Are you new or something?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Dom wrote:Are you new or something?
Yes. How many more times need I stress that?
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Polo wrote:
HEY BUDDY ARE YOU NEW, NO BUDDY YOU ARE NEW HERE, LIKE BUDDY ARE YOU NEW?

:P

(dont answer it i am board and need to crack a joke)
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

:omg: :disappoint:
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Dom I neglected to address your comments about me assuming Matt asked for a replacement. I actually did not mean that Matt asked for a replacement, my point was Matt was having difficulty keeping up too but he did not ask for a replacement so quickly. My assumption was bubbles had asked for a replacement and Matt had not.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Polo wrote:
That's precisely the point.
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 28

Post by DFaraday »

Yikes, that was close. Had I been around, I obviously would have switched to Bubbles, though it sucks that she's dead. I'm feeling better about Matt now that he's gotten involved in the game.
Spacedaisy wrote:Well, don't be surprised if it gets people suspicious. We believe words matter around here. ;) Also, I am probably most confident in you as town fwiw. So don't take my questioning as a sign of distrust.

DF, who are you top suspects currently?
Nero has pinged me with his reasoning and rather unsubstantiated votes for me, and I'm also not liking Wilgy's gimmick posting. He's hardly contributed anything despite being around frequently. Llama's bit about going after you doesn't make sense either. Given his line of thought, obviously it would make more sense to lynch me before you. But don't do that either, Llama. :noble:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 28

Post by DFaraday »

And thanks to whoever Matthew is. You are a gentleman and a scholar. :noble:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

What decides who gets lynched when two people are tied on the poll? Disconsidering Matthew Crawley's power, do civs have preference over mafia?
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Polo wrote:What decides who gets lynched when two people are tied on the poll? Disconsidering Matthew Crawley's power, do civs have preference over mafia?
EBWOP: I just noticed his list actually gets sent in the beginning of the game. I thought he had to send a new one each night. Sorry, please ignore that question.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 486

Post by Epignosis »

Polo wrote:
Polo wrote:What decides who gets lynched when two people are tied on the poll? Disconsidering Matthew Crawley's power, do civs have preference over mafia?
EBWOP: I just noticed his list actually gets sent in the beginning of the game. I thought he had to send a new one each night. Sorry, please ignore that question.
It's a role I invented back in April of 2014 to handle the issue of ties (first appearance was Cyclops in X-Men). The player submits a list before Day 1, and that list can be updated any time (but not after death- if the player died, the last list to be submitted would be used for the remainder of the game). This eliminated the need for coin flips or no-lynches, and provided a concrete mechanic for dealing with ties that slightly favored civilians.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 99

Post by thellama73 »

sig wrote: Also Llama's logic based around Baddies more likely to be replaces is faulty reasoning. I don't think this is true. I highly doubt a host would favor the mafia over the civs by trying harder to replace them.
It's not faulty reasoning. You just disagree with my premise.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

DF, can you tell me your opinion on Illy, ika, Epi and Scotty?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

So we didn't see any insanification today, which makes me wonder if Silver was the insanifier or if the insanifier was role blocked.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Dom wrote:
thellama73 wrote:Speaking of Daisy, this the second time she has led us away from voting for DFaraday. I'll probably be voting for her tomorrow.
1) You were the last vote on Bubbles, so this is hypocrisy if I've ever seen it.

2) By your logic, should we not lynch DFaraday first, see if he's bad and THEN vote Daisy?
Not necessarily. Daisy could be leading the lynch away from DF for reasons other than being his teammate, but I'm pretty fine with either lynch candidate at this point.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Hokay. I'm not gonna rainbow list, but I will list thoughts I have for every person. Nothing super long.

Black Rock: null read for me. Epi's back and forth with her regarding LC didn't ping me either way and for some reason, Lady Edith trusts her. Would like to hear more from Lady Edith in why we should leave BR alone

DFaraday: suspicious only because he garnered so many detractors but I think his detractors had the most hollow of points in suspecting him. I still don't see the arguments against him, and would like to believe that statistically he didn't roll 3 Mafia roles in a row.

Dom: is still a suspect to me. I don't know what constitutes "bad Dom" but I do remember him being slightly antagonistic when he was bad in Arkham. He's not quite to that level right now, but he has a pattern this game of asking people if they are bad, and not following up on it. Aka lots of stoking the fires but not putting any logs on.
His vote for Illy yesterday does nothing to sway my mind.

DrWilgy: I have good vibes from him, though it's very hard to read his diary entries or actions thus far as indicative of his alignment.

Epignosis: I have Epi as slightly civ right now, primarily because he was removed from the poll Day 2. This is a strong statement and I went into the day thinking he looked most fishy for his voting for an outlier day 1. But he has appeared to offer something of substance as a civ so far, so I'm doubling back on my original suspicion.

Illyria: it's a toss up. I see that most of her writing hasn't been brought with substance, but she could just need to get her bearings after being away for so long. Someone brought up that she had been asking questions in thread a bit too much. I don't know her playstyle, but on the surface she seems like she could be posing. I mean that not as Audrey Hepburn, but as Milli Vanilli. Ya dig?

Ika: ika Is acting different than his last game where he was bad. I think he is thinking along linear tracks that makes sense. No reason to suspect him right now.

Long Con: slight pings here and there, but nothing overwhelming. He suspects me for buddying him and for a few other things, which I guess makes sense. I agreed with his assumptions day 1, but day 2 he grew weary and has been a little slipperier.

LoRab: looks bad. I didn't remember anything she has said so I ISO'd her. Not a lot of anything there. Half her posts are just nostalgic posts of the past or asking questions. The other parts:
Day 1, she laments that she doesn't see the case on Dom or DFaraday because they're both playing typically. She votes BWT with the crowd because...he made an inconsistent point, and that was unlike him. Then, shying away from all the bandwagons 24 hours later, does a meaningless vote for Wilgy because he is posting in normal Albeit strange Wilgy manner- also demanding he post normally.
She has played with Wilgy before and knows he has some quirky posting style every game. For someone that doesn't suspect certain people for posting similar to their meta, this is a surprising vote.
Day 2, she misses the vote, and comes back recently saying she doesn't know how she would have voted. Offers the same excuse: "I need to reread" the case on DFaraday. She accepts Epi's suspicion for being quiet, and says that her game has been unusually quiet so far.
Her excuses make her seem worse for wear. Even admitting recently that her game has changed recently.
I think LoRab could very well be bad, and would like to follow this suspicion further.

Matt: I'm feeling better about Matt. I probably would have taken my vote off him towards the end since he actually started to catch up and post thoughts lol

MetalMarsh: ehhh this guy is my top 3 suspects. We have voted similarly but I think his votes are disengenuous. His comments seem....hmm, off? Somehow? Than normal bantery MM. Like he's trying to appear civ.

Nero: null read. I go from civ to bad. It's not that he's pinging me, but that he's not saying anything that is making me feel he is civ.

Polo: he's a newb and I lean civ right now. Epi trusts him.

Sig: I like his posts and am reading him as civ. Which, as he has said, if he appears civ then he is probably bad. So... :shrug2:

Sorsha: she's taken a pretty aggressive stance this game. Not sure what that says about her alignment. Null read

Space daisy: don't have time to ISO her now, but I haven't really had a great read from her. I'm leeeeaaaaning bad but she has said some stuff (from tone) that reads civ.

Llama: I don't like llama coming out brazenly and latching onto a Nero lynch, not expanding on it, and then changing to Bubbles at the end. Could he really have something on Nero and want to stave it off until a time he can really peg him, and ultimately just jumped on a suspicion of someone else? Llama is a null leaaaaaaning civ read for me.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

And the hypocrisy argument doesn't really work in mafia, because you're essentially saying I should suspect myself. I know that my role is civilian, but I don't know that about Daisy.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Scotty wrote: Llama: I don't like llama coming out brazenly and latching onto a Nero lynch, not expanding on it, and then changing to Bubbles at the end. Could he really have something on Nero and want to stave it off until a time he can really peg him, and ultimately just jumped on a suspicion of someone else? Llama is a null leaaaaaaning civ read for me.
Oh yeah, I can explain this now. I noticed Nero had been quiet for a while and I wanted to provoke him into coming out. I wanted to see how he would react to an unexplained vote. Sometimes you can get good reads on people by seeing how they react to an unexpected attack. His response didn't really ping me though, so I let it go.

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Llama: What reason would lead a baddie to try and keep the civs from lynching another civ?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Spacedaisy wrote:Llama: What reason would lead a baddie to try and keep the civs from lynching another civ?
DF has ben up for a lynch twice in a row now. The longer he stay alive, the longer he will keep dominating the conversation and drawing votes. If he dies, the people who suspect him will be forced to look elsewhere, maybe at the real baddies. Keeping a civ who keeps almost getting lynched alive is immensely beneficial to the mafia.

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

You are suggesting that I as a baddie would draw attention to myself by not only being part of a bandwagon mislynch, but leading two of them, in order to keep another civ alive? In game a where there are only 3 baddies on the team? Llama, you are setting up lynches a day out and your logic is highly questionable.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

thellama73 wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:Llama: What reason would lead a baddie to try and keep the civs from lynching another civ?
DF has ben up for a lynch twice in a row now. The longer he stay alive, the longer he will keep dominating the conversation and drawing votes. If he dies, the people who suspect him will be forced to look elsewhere, maybe at the real baddies. Keeping a civ who keeps almost getting lynched alive is immensely beneficial to the mafia.
Good point. Thats sort-of what happened in Turf Wars with Sig.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

No, this is not at all what happened in Turf Wars. What happened there is the baddies sat back and let you go after each other because that's all the civs did for most of the game. Nothing like what llama is suggesting I am doing.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Spacedaisy wrote:No, this is not at all what happened in Turf Wars. What happened there is the baddies sat back and let you go after each other because that's all the civs did for most of the game. Nothing like what llama is suggesting I am doing.
We spent too much time talking about certain people, Sig was one of them. He was a lynch priority for a long time, and we kept talking it over. Its not the exact same, but the similarities are still there.
ImageImage

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

No, you spent the game with civs going after civs. It wasn't just one or two. The baddies didn't have to do a thing because the civs were doing their job for them. I was there and watching it all, so I am very aware of how it went down. Llama is suggesting I am bad and sticking my neck out in order to protect someone I know is civ just in order to keep people talking about him. Which would be about the stupidest thing I could do as a baddie in this game. Numbers are not in their favor, they are not going to stick their necks out in such a manner.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Maybe you're right, Daisy, but wouldn't this be a clever ploy if for you if I am right?
Spacedaisy wrote: I'll tell you what, lynch DF if you think he's bad, and if he flips bad, then talk about voting for me. But until you know DF is bad, stop trying to paint me as bad for not wanting to vote for him. I am not bad.

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 217
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

ika wrote:i think thats most everything about it?

its was dumb to lynch that, dfar needs rope tommorw,him or MM im using silvers reads to lycnht em all
So mafia killed Silverwolf. Why then does that make her reads mafia? The opposite could just as easily be true, as in mafia killed Silverwolf to throw their pursuers off their trail.
ika wrote:
Scotty wrote:
ika wrote:

Ok, dad

Doesn't this make Scotty the most town player on Day 1? :P
sig wrote:Okay the fact Bubbles/Bea was lynched is ridiculous. People were saying DF is an easy mislynch? bubbles is much much easier to mislynch. The fact that a player who subbed out was lynched was very weird to me. First she was obviously busy hence she subbed out. Second as we can see from Arkham as a baddie she stays in even when busy her leaving made it more obvious that she was a civ/doctor. EVEN worse you lynched a player who subbed out and the player subbing in hadn't have even posted.
I think that's only hindsight speaking. Her baddie play in Arkham doesn't correlate to this game so easily.
sig wrote:

And Llama never even explained his switch? Especially after he wrote a post about voting for Df.

I'm disliking (nah misliking sounds so much better :P) Polo, Matt, Llama, and Space Daisy. Epi is being odd so is Wilgy. However, out of those four I find Llama's and Polo's post flip reactions to be the worse while SD's was better. I don't like Llama trying to lay the blame on SD when he switched for the same reason she did.

Epi you say it was shit yet you voted for it why?
I understood it that Epignosis was calling his own decision shitty, not the whole thing.

If not, well then his vote was shit. :nicenod:

Lol, Epignosis saying all the same things that I did.
Nerolunar wrote:Crap.

I was in a hurry to leave and forgot to move my vote away from DF. Bubbles got lynched though anyway :fist:

I don´t trust our tiebreaker to do his job. Putting a lynch result in the hands of one single player is a bad policy, so I think we should try to avoid ties going forward.

Polo looks bad - speculating on game mechanics and roles instead of actually contributing looks like effort but really isn´t. I know he is new and all, but its not an argument he can use to make us not suspect him.

Still feeling pretty good about Ika. He should spellcheck his posts though, Im having trouble reading what he writes.
Also, what do you mean you were going to vote away from DF? I see that you wanted to back off, but why not do it then?

And also, I disagree about the tie-deciding. Putting the lynch in the hands of a civilian is better than putting the lynch into the hands of fate (a coin toss).
ika wrote:
Polo wrote:
HEY BUDDY ARE YOU NEW, NO BUDDY YOU ARE NEW HERE, LIKE BUDDY ARE YOU NEW?

:P

(dont answer it i am board and need to crack a joke)
:haha:
Dom wrote:
Polo wrote:
That's precisely the point.
What?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.

Return to “Previous Jobs”