Mafia Championship Scrimmage [END]

Frog
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 194

Re: Mafia Championship Scrimmage

Post by Frog »

In the spirit of drunken AMA

-Im a noob syndicate, I've played and mentored on across many sites e.g. Mafia Universe, Mafia Scum, 2+2, SC2Mafia, Bulbagarden, etc.
- I've played with Ika, Silverwolf, Zexy, IAWY
-I've played over 3,000 games on mods, and easily over 100 forum games
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 65
Aka: Iawy

Post by Inawordyes »

Silverwolf wrote:Psittaciform only has 2 posts: First one looked townish, second one was null, need to see a lot more here

Inawordyes-vote for Soneji is bad, even I don't agree with voting someone who has posting nothing at all, claims it is RVS but why hasn't he moved it yet then? null scum lean

Went through my other nulls-they are still null, I need to see more

So basically I have Golden and Inawordyes as possible scum so far, a few townreads, and lots of null reads, MP's latest posts are ok, I'm curious how he will react after all his questions are answered-I want to see his final analysis, reads
I don't want to seem like I'm just responding to posts about me, but let's be honest, that's probably all I'll do and I'll get lynched for it. :p

How it generally works on MM is that people RVS, but they'll try to band together to get a mini bandwagon going on someone early just to kinda get them talking, because some people have the tendency to clam up or lurk (as either alignment) and the threat of getting lynched usually into the thread. Obviously that won't work because there's a maj in effect, but I still like voting for players who aren't here because I usually don't have good reads D1 and it gives them someone to ease their way into the thread, because instead of just thinking "well what can I post?", they can start by addressing he vote and any questions the voter has.

It's a cultural thing, you're free to call me out on it though! I did say I wasn't gonna be here, so leaning me baddie for not really reading my ISO that thoroughly is understandable, but a bit misguided.
:omg:
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

Ika - Once upon a time Ika was an very dedicated player. After years of gaming Ika became jaded and stopped giving so many shits and pretty much plays on gut reads. When he gives a shit and posts like nuts, he's more town than not. Relationship with Silverwolf
Silverwolf - Silver wolf is an analytical player. I've seen Silver Wolf's deduction and interactivity being generally aggressive.
Zexy - Zexy's game isn't necessarily about post farming. I've seen Zexy's town game being low post count and being completely in tune with the game and coming up with the same conclusions as I do without taking the leadership position. I've also seen Zexy in the leadership position for Town but it makes her prone to mislynches.
IAWY - IAWY is generally aggressive high poster as town. #respect|

Me - I'm... the Solo Hero.
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

ika wrote:If this is how the game is going to be played i am probablly just going to replace out and not sign up anymore.

It's not fun it's just manipulating mechanics
To an extent I'd have to agree. I wanna be able to sit back and find Mafia and just play the game for fun. Trying to find and create an optimal strategy and exploiting it isn't really that fun, it's taking the fun out of playing the game and ending it quickly for the sake of winning.

It's a good idea, don't get me wrong, I guess I'm just kinda burnt out from all of that after playing Disney Princesses (another pre-championship Matrix 12 game on MU).
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

Zexy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Zexy, I have the following questions and comments regarding this reads list of yours:
1) What good points has Golden brought up?
2) How does the method by which Marco post make his activity faked? What do you think of the content of his "one-liners"? I find the fact that you are considering the method rather than the content of his activity as the basis of your read suspect.
3) What's the strange cover you are referring to with respect to IAWY? I can't recall off the top of my head after doing all that reading.

Thanks, Zexy! You're the best for dealing with all of my questions, assuming you continue to do so.

Also, what is slank cover, anyone?
1 The entire reasoning behind his reads on Sloonei, Sig, Marco. Even myself, I could see why he scumread me for a while, and why he changed his mind after we interacted. His points on Silverwolf’s behavior were good, and again he changed his mind after learning more about her.
2 I believed the content of his one-liners was just there so he would look active. Although he’s overly analytical now and I can see where he’s coming from. Will have to ISO him to put those posts in a townier perspective.
3) Slank cover = people announcing they will be inactive before the game or shortly after the game begins. IAWY’s slank cover is a bit strange, he’s talking about some new philosophy he will play the game by…

Psitacci’s activity is so low it’s suspicious. I mean, he’s inactive when town. But VERY inactive when scum.

I’d like to see a rainbow list from MARCO at some point. He said he doesn’t do them… but tbh I see no reason any townie ever wouldn’t like to do them.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Marco wrote:
Zexy wrote:Marco 43 – Too many one-liners, kinda “fake” activity if you ask me. Not feeling too good about him yet.
What do people think about this? I ISO'd myself and I can sort of see some one-liners, but I can't really see how Zexy is calling my activity fake. She feels disingenuous IMO. I have had other reasons to suspect Zexy, too, but it could be that it's OMGUS-motivated, so I request others to ISO me and tell me what they think about Zexy's read on me.
I commented on this already, but I wanted to emphasize it, because it's currently one of the strongest points against Zexy being town in my opinion. This could be a way for a mafia Zexy to fabricate a suspicion, but the train of thought is flawed (criticizing your method of posting rather than your content).
Methods of posting can be towny or scummy irregardless of the content itself. Ever heard of tone reading? I can see your point here, but scum!me wouldn’t drop the scum lean on Marco this soon.

12 is read.
Nah, not "new philosophy", to adapt to MU's games I had to serious alter how I play. I got burnt out and now I'm hoping I can go back to my roots, where admittedly I'm a lurker haha, and just kinda take it easy in this game. I was legitimately busy and gone all day, though.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

I could tone it down after today, but I haven't inserted myself as much as I usually do as town leader.

But I'm still going to suggest the gamed strategies anyway...

If I'm just going to play a 'push buttons and gut' type of game, I can do that on mods. At least here we can interact more than not. I figure the purpose of this game was to prepare players for the championships. I might take on the Crunkus type of persona to prepare people D3 or so if I'm still alive.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

Inawordyes wrote:
Zexy wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Zexy, I have the following questions and comments regarding this reads list of yours:
1) What good points has Golden brought up?
2) How does the method by which Marco post make his activity faked? What do you think of the content of his "one-liners"? I find the fact that you are considering the method rather than the content of his activity as the basis of your read suspect.
3) What's the strange cover you are referring to with respect to IAWY? I can't recall off the top of my head after doing all that reading.

Thanks, Zexy! You're the best for dealing with all of my questions, assuming you continue to do so.

Also, what is slank cover, anyone?
1 The entire reasoning behind his reads on Sloonei, Sig, Marco. Even myself, I could see why he scumread me for a while, and why he changed his mind after we interacted. His points on Silverwolf’s behavior were good, and again he changed his mind after learning more about her.
2 I believed the content of his one-liners was just there so he would look active. Although he’s overly analytical now and I can see where he’s coming from. Will have to ISO him to put those posts in a townier perspective.
3) Slank cover = people announcing they will be inactive before the game or shortly after the game begins. IAWY’s slank cover is a bit strange, he’s talking about some new philosophy he will play the game by…

Psitacci’s activity is so low it’s suspicious. I mean, he’s inactive when town. But VERY inactive when scum.

I’d like to see a rainbow list from MARCO at some point. He said he doesn’t do them… but tbh I see no reason any townie ever wouldn’t like to do them.
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Marco wrote:
Zexy wrote:Marco 43 – Too many one-liners, kinda “fake” activity if you ask me. Not feeling too good about him yet.
What do people think about this? I ISO'd myself and I can sort of see some one-liners, but I can't really see how Zexy is calling my activity fake. She feels disingenuous IMO. I have had other reasons to suspect Zexy, too, but it could be that it's OMGUS-motivated, so I request others to ISO me and tell me what they think about Zexy's read on me.
I commented on this already, but I wanted to emphasize it, because it's currently one of the strongest points against Zexy being town in my opinion. This could be a way for a mafia Zexy to fabricate a suspicion, but the train of thought is flawed (criticizing your method of posting rather than your content).
Methods of posting can be towny or scummy irregardless of the content itself. Ever heard of tone reading? I can see your point here, but scum!me wouldn’t drop the scum lean on Marco this soon.

12 is read.
Nah, not "new philosophy", to adapt to MU's games I had to serious alter how I play. I got burnt out and now I'm hoping I can go back to my roots, where admittedly I'm a lurker haha, and just kinda take it easy in this game. I was legitimately busy and gone all day, though.
Dude, you can nev3r go back, and that's the curse. The more you get involved in any hobby or anything for that matter, you get spoiled and must do the best. In my drunkeness I'll probably get hyper aggro and the worst in my game theory will come out.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

Meh - IAWY, this is basically a standard D1 but much more relaxed, especially since there is no real threat. I'm definitely going mech before EOD, but I'd like to ask you - are you going to go after slankers or top posters? punishing top posters is -EV since they will expose themselves sooner than later. IMO, we must choose between the 4 i mentioned. I'm going to m ech soon enough, but I want your input WRT to those 4 i mentioned.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

Hey fierce one - I see you and IAWY reading the thread. Obv IAWY is cathcing up, what's your deal. What are you focusing on atm?
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

"shinigami aren't permitted to undo that which has been fated. At that moment jealous became something that is ne ither sand nor rust, he died. The only reminder of his existence became his deathnote which remained his life"

FYI - in the champs games do not expect to ask public questions wrt the game to the host. Doing so is considered shooting an angle and breaking the rules.

Speaking of:
Question to JJJ:
How do you kill a shinigami?
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

I'm getting bored as fuck. I'm going to do some work. Hope we have some oceanias/asians/middleeasterns/africans/europeans on here.
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 244

Post by Dyslexicon »

Frog wrote:I'm getting bored as fuck. I'm going to do some work. Hope we have some oceanias/asians/middleeasterns/africans/europeans on here.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Am I the only one using gifs here btw? This game has a serious lack of gifs, which is a problem that must be given the utmost attention.

/Catching up. There's a lot, so it may take a while (sorry for your boredom, Frog).
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

Lettuce mass gifs
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

Welcome... tyo Zombo com. You are qwlxomw to ~ombo. You are for to be welcome to... ZOMBO COM. WELCOME. YOU! ... ARE.... welcome to.... ZOMBO (com)

Give me one day for a straight up GG. In case you have any doubt, literally look at any of my past past games. Even in my D1 I point out maj scum. :dark:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Frog wrote:Welcome... tyo Zombo com. You are qwlxomw to ~ombo. You are for to be welcome to... ZOMBO COM. WELCOME. YOU! ... ARE.... welcome to.... ZOMBO (com)

Give me one day for a straight up GG. In case you have any doubt, literally look at any of my past past games. Even in my D1 I point out maj scum. :dark:
Do I sense slight drunk posting? =D

Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

Zexy - yes I fucked up in our 9er shooter game. TBO Panther is fucking legit. We stokr each other like cats on Cleopatra's alters. I thought I had a the sub read that failed disinctly (obv can't relaease it publically, but shoot me a PM for the fake meta town read I thought was legit).
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Frog wrote:Welcome... tyo Zombo com. You are qwlxomw to ~ombo. You are for to be welcome to... ZOMBO COM. WELCOME. YOU! ... ARE.... welcome to.... ZOMBO (com)

Do I sense slight drunk posting? =D

... yes it's 10:30 Am my time.
Yes I 've already sacrificed most of last week to work and im up ± 150M.
Yes, I'm cautious wrt my reads
Yes, your gif entertains

Dys - you're literally exempt from all town kills/lynches for today. But I demand better GIFS!

Honestly I'd like your POV WRT the middle class:
MovingPictures07
ika 11
Long Con
Inawordyes

3.2.1.MEOW

Zexy
Posts in topic: 53

Post by Zexy »

Silverwolf wrote:Zexy-I don't give a rip if I look towny here or not, how I look doesn't matter to me-I'm going after my scumreads, I suggest you do the same and if you think I'm scum, then go ahead and vote me instead of constantly discrediting everything I say.
Scum can easily say something like this to avoid replying to accusations made at them.

I will ISO you sometime, Marco :( But for now I have to catch up and this post will be 15/20.

Page 15 has some good posts in which Frog/MP and Golden -> Silverwolf seem to make their thoughts more clear, I can see some of those interactions being T/T but I am still on the fence with Silverwolf. I’d expect scum to start acting up by this point since there aren’t many hours left and the wagons aren’t clear.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

Zexy wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:Zexy-I don't give a rip if I look towny here or not, how I look doesn't matter to me-I'm going after my scumreads, I suggest you do the same and if you think I'm scum, then go ahead and vote me instead of constantly discrediting everything I say.
Scum can easily say something like this to avoid replying to accusations made at them.

I will ISO you sometime, Marco :( But for now I have to catch up and this post will be 15/20.

Page 15 has some good posts in which Frog/MP and Golden -> Silverwolf seem to make their thoughts more clear, I can see some of those interactions being T/T but I am still on the fence with Silverwolf. I’d expect scum to start acting up by this point since there aren’t many hours left and the wagons aren’t clear.
I'm dfrunak AF -= I already ser you are Town. Zexy is rown. mostly GG IMP WRT PRs for scum.

I see it as 50/50 wrt s lanker scum PRS
Zexy

Post by Zexy »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Oh, and one last thing. I keep remembering things on my mind as I caught up again. Zexy, you asked about meta read on DrWilgy.

My natural response is to say... DOES NOT COMPUTE, DOES NOT COMPUTE, and explode, but I'll try my best. DrWilgy is a slow starter kind of player, generally, though it really depends on the game (and more so on his RL situation, I think). His style is perhaps most similar to MM of all the other players in this game, but he doesn't always become increasingly analytically-driven like MM does as the game progresses. He's probably the hardest one to actually provide meta on because he's a "zanier" kind of dude, and I think he enjoys switching up his meta from game to game. I've seen him hunt more gut-based, but I've also seen him hunt very analytically from the start of the game and produce posts like this (from Talking Heads, where he was mafia, and the most analytically-hunting I've seen him):

http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 42#p184042
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 73#p185973
Thanks.
Frog wrote: IAWY typically posts a shit ton and leads town. He said he's taking it easy this game. He'll resolve himself by tomorrow as either town or mafia.
Typically. Are we going to excuse everything from him because he said so at the beginning?
You know him well enough to be sure that he'll become a town leading top poster all of a sudden tomorrow? If not, how will he resolve himself?
By that logic, why go after DrWilgy who is a slow start player? Or Psittaciform who is always inactive? Or ANY inactive? Not saying that we shouldn’t go after them, just that I don’t see why cases on IAWY in particular are bad when cases on other inactives are good!
MovingPictures07 wrote:Frog, what the hell is an obvious townie? There is no such thing. Also, you realize that's, like, your opinion, man. How come you get to determine what's easy mislynch bait and what isn't? We don't know anything until flips have occurred. Otherwise, stop acting like you have such confident reads.

Furthermore, what happened to your suspicion of Marco and Sloonei?
Could be TMI and read-flipping? You are now making me paranoid of Frog... you know, I don't have a clue of how scum!Frog works, so...

16/20.
Zexy

Post by Zexy »

Frog wrote:Tip to those going to the championship:

Wolf teams are diverse, I almost gurantee at least one wolf always slanks off to be under the radar.

It's town's job to avoid D1 TvT (Town vs. Town) arguments, and stay on track of cornering the slanking wolf.

Typically the slanking wolf is usually a valuable PR wolf. Let's DO THIS.
By the same logic I almost guarantee that at least one wolf should be in SUPER TRYHARD MODE.

Indeed, yet you have to argue with people before reading them, you want the interactions to be there so you can look at them later, you want to start working on figuring out the active wolves as early as possible.

As for focusing on the slankers, even if you do so, you can't FORCE them to post more so you can figure things out. I understand wanting to apply pressure, but some just are inactive and we may be unable to do anything to change that... so they are not worth our entire discussion time.
ika wrote:ok anyways, MP i have gut read son them if that doesnt suffice then i dont got much else to say
gut read town or gut read scum?
sig wrote:However, I do want to point out I find it strange some people are saying I'm playing harder then usually which is scummy while others are saying I'm no contributing. Those are like the opposite.
Maybe because not everyone knows you a lot?
I'm eyeballing Pits, Zebra, Dyslexicon, and Wilgy. I'll ISO all four later.
Interested on Dyslexicon; why Dyslexicon?

For the note, I'm also interested in Dyslexicon's read on Golden; I see the vote is STILL there and it is kinda pingy.
Sloonei wrote:Somebody tell me who I should vote for. I am not going to be able to read this thread tonight. Or tomorrow. Or the next day. I probably should have stayed on the sidelines.
Wow. After Sloonei’s early show I was not expecting to see this. The game’s activity is indeed overwhelming, and you definitely can no longer pick single sentences off, but… I feel like this post is genuine towny, and I can also see we’re going to have some trouble with the Championship’s activity -_-
Frog wrote:[*]Pilfirmous
keep amusing me :)

17/20. I may have to go for a few hours before completely catching up :(
Will still be back and continue, though, I doubt this will be extremely active in the next few hours, that’s what da timezones tell me.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

@Zexy - you and I work on similar town basis - do your thing, if we align, fucking awesome GG

WRT IAWYS - yeah, he can't deny his true self. I know my true self, he will present himself as town if he rands town.

WRT ME - I dont know how m uch time we have left but I assume at least 12 hours, I will drop kick this mofo
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Silverwolf »

I will do gifs but only if they are cute enough.

Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

I'll post my scum games:
http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/thr ... Mafia-15er

... my home site's admins have literally been either permabanned and/or deleted my scum games as troll. Gae as fuck. I quit the site (requested ban) as soon as I was recognized the MVP of the site 3 years running for 20+ games.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

Silverwolf wrote:I will do gifs but only if they are cute enough.

I'm pocketed tomorrow you mofo.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

I have games on ms I can link-I am permabanned there but I can still post them that show town and scum games. I played there for close to two years. I have a small number on SC2 mafia as well. I have't provided any of that stuff on this site yet but if anyone wants meta on me, I'm happy to provide it. Just say the word.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

That said, I'm in desperate need of sleep. My eyes are literally closing right now.

Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

Silverwolf wrote:I have games on ms I can link-I am permabanned there but I can still post them that show town and scum games. I played there for close to two years. I have a small number on SC2 mafia as well. I have't provided any of that stuff on this site yet but if anyone wants meta on me, I'm happy to provide it. Just say the word.
lel - SW. I've monitored you b3fore you joined SC2. Fuck that noise, thAT site i dead.

You're as pure V as they come atm for D1.

Honestly, that hydra game we were in, I was ready to drop kick you, but I recognized you were mechanically town before any town did. It was embarrassing for 80% of the site to scum read you and have a scum defend you on mechanical basis. They just don't understand game theory... similarly, within 100 posts I identified 1 scm out of 2 from the 9 players. Trust my gut. These 4 players will provide en ough reads. I'm hoping for 3 wagons but we'll see.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

Heads up for analysis.

I kind of hate how votes can\t be monitored but it's something that a site admin has to do via logic and effort TBH instead of app add-in i mports.

Tinfoil Megabus: Sloonei (15), Golden (16), Silverwolf (18)

Golden:2 Dyslexicon (11), DrWilgy (17)

Inawordyes: MovingPictures07 (14)

Metalmarsh89: Frog (6)

MovingPictures07: ika (12)

Psittacitform: Metalmarsh89 (4), Zexy (10)

Soneji: Inawordyes (8)

Unvote: sig (7), Marco (9)

Host/non-players/dead players (living players do NOT vote here): JaggedJimmyJay (1), S~V~S (3), Quin (5), Scotty (13)

This is incredibly superficial but I can't wait for people to go crat over this. I wish Zack or banks were here :(
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Page 12-15 - Still catching up.
MovingPictures07 wrote:I'd highly suggest reading all content when you get the chance, because I'd like to hear more from you. You're towards the bottom of my upcoming rainbow right now, so I'd support your lynch and you should have at least some sense of urgency for that reason.
Minor detail (maybe) - but you've decided the order of the list before you're done catching up? Still a few pages to go between the Ika quote you replied to and this post. :mafia:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Marco, I'll get to your post on zebra in a bit, but I want to finish technically catching up so I can work on my rainbow.
Especially when you want to catch up before working on the rainbow. "Technically" catch up?
Spoiler: show
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I find it very much in character for Golden to defend me, regardless of his alignment, since it's something we both will not hesitate to do if we think the other one is town and is attracting heat early on, since we both often talk a lot and attract a lot of early suspicion, whether fairly or unfairly. A town Golden will not hesitate to defend with conviction any player he believes is town, but a scum Golden would have a similar incentive here since he would know I'm town. So the fact that he defends me is NAI, but I wanted to elaborate upon this nonetheless, in an attempt to provide meaningful context for Silverwolf and anyone else interested.
Do you think Golden had any reason to read you town at that time?
Not particularly, no. As I mentioned earlier, I saw it more as an attempt to defend me from being mafia based on my content in the thread at that time, rather than defend me for being town, if that makes sense. If others disagree, please state so.
That makes sense and is how I read it too, but in the original quote here you only talk about how Golden's defense makes sense because him defending town reads is something he would do. So then that is a different thing altoghether from how you say you were reading the situation of Golden defending you, making the original quote not applicable.

In other words it reads to me - "I don't find what Golden was doing alignment indicative, but that wasn't what he was doing." :shrug:
ika wrote:Guts not guy
On my home site "gut reads" are often called "guy reads" because of this common autocorrect. :P Guy reads <3
Frog wrote:Just checking in quickly - from what I understand we have until Sunday night (great because I've been busy all day)

I don't see people jumping for joy at my plan - I hope at least someone explained this much:

I'm not saying EVERY slanker is a mafia - I'm saying within a mafia team there is usually at LEAST one slanker.

Therefore if we round up the slankers, we can assume at least 1 of the slankers IS mafia.

As for VCA (vote count analysis) - we KNOW (basically) that we are voting amongst town and wolves. THAT is our VCA. Whoever pushes hard against this plan so far is either clearly mafia, derping, or just a different state of mind that is denial.

Hottakes! Who has been pushing hardest against me and my plan since I've left?
Clearly someone has since I don't see a bunch of vovtes on the slankers.

I am much disappointed, but now I'm more certain I've struck gold.
I don't care for your "plan" because I don't care for plans in general. I don't need a plan to push lurkers or even wanting to see one lynched. Lurkers should be pushed and should be lynch options or else mafia can just skate by. If I see a non-lurker I'd rather vote for I'm doing that. I don't want to waste time talking about whether or not a plan should be implemented to do something that can just as easily be done as a natural part of the game. IMO that wastes time and opens for a type of meta-game discussion ("Is lynching lurkers a good idea or not?" and the variants) that isn't really game solving and is very easy for scum to take part in to look like their doing something. Again, I'd rather just scum hunt.
Silverwolf wrote:If he's tryhard wolf, it is worth the effort to me.
I thought the exact same thing, and almost quoted him on it too.
Zexy wrote:Btw this overall behavior from MP is seriously towny. His questions/cases on everybody make lots of sense.
I disagree! :beer:
Golden wrote:Yes.

The thing that is most suspicious to me about silver is not the vote itself, per se. Just look at the post I made where I said I didn't like the vote, and then her response.

I asked a whole lot of questions of her after saying I didn't like the vote at all. Her response was to call me defensive (what was I defensive about?) and deflecting (who was I deflecting from?)

This reaction was so over the top, it's what made me feel worse about silverwolf.

However, when she calmed down and started answering my questions, I thought her responses were fair. My continued suspicions of her fall well short of me being convinced she must be bad.
K, well I found the whole thing pretty towny on her part, but I do realize that being in that discussion in real time is a different thing. She's coming across as very town to me in later posts, we even think the same things it seems.
Also, to you and zexy - you shouldn't rely on a strong town meta from me as being a sign I'm town. I think (others can give you their own opinion) that I maintain a pretty solid helpful-civ meta across both town and scum. It's totally fair for you to be paranoid. But I am town this game.
Yes, this is what was my hunch, and why I'm paying some extra attention to you. And I bet you'd say this as town and scum as well. :P
Golden wrote:I mean, look at this. What am I supposed to do with this. Are you even reading my posts at all?
Yes, I feel bad for you about this. Must be frustrating no matter alignment.

Here, have a kitty:
Silverwolf wrote:OVERALL, we need 9 votes. I'm hoping as town, we can find them today on someone. We are too divided it seems and I'd like to get a consensus before day ends. I do realize we have time but not a much as you'd think.
No, we don't need 9 votes. The person with the most votes at the end of the day will be lynched. 9 votes is only for hammer lynching before the deadline.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

... yeah im drunk af - if anyone else is town as mech wise like me, do this MEOW

1) look into EXPLICIT relationships
2) look into IMPLCIIT relationships

The easiest way to do this (post by post)

If someone agress of disagrees with someone.
Identify pillow attacks (which is almost universal)
Identify attacks (explicit / implicit)
Identify defense (explicit / implicit)

honestly, im drunk AF - this is hwo you go about mech analysis
Literally track every explciti/implicit analysis
When you play the champs, NEVER reveal this D1. I'm doing this D1 as a coutesy to pl ay off this off several levels from what I've gauaged from every player without revaling my peronal feeling for each player level.

For sake of education:

http://www.sc2mafia.com/forum/showthrea ... post526452

Levels of players you can pay with:
Meta for me is more of a level system...

Level 1: person is straight and has no double meanings.. what he says is what he means.

Level 2: person lies all the time.. what he says doesn't carry much weight.

Level 3: person lies but has a purpose to his lies.. like claiming false feedback. (claiming sheriff reads on someone to sway sheep)

Level 4: person is info hoarder.. the people who don't share what they really think, but tend to lead others into a train of thought for their own purposes. (usually dumping their findings all at once when they think they have found scum instead of progressive)

Level 5: decoy person.. someone who will convey info that someone else wants to share but is a high priority target for scum. Like a citizen claiming to be jailor to relay info the jailor told him.

Level 6: decoy lvl2 person.. similar to Level 5 but without direct contact with the other person. This is mostly analyzers who read between the lines and catch on to something that someone is trying to silently leak out without out most people seeing it.

Level 7: double/triple/etc meaning person (cpt WIFOM).. someone who posts one thing that can mean multiple things depending on how it is read.

When I take meta into account, I usually place a player into one of those levels and also determine what level he can read. For example, if someone knows how to reads a lvl5 decoy person, claims a role that I know can't fit in, I won't press the issue even though I know he lied, because he is most likely to be covering/backing up someone else (to which I usually go and find). But if someone of a lvl 1 says the same thing, I might go after him like no tomorrow.

At this point in time, I have loss touch with the current player base and it would take me 2-3 game days to fit players into those categories if I were to play again.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

And yeah - Yayap and I have never *officially* played in a game together :keys:

GLGL Season 3 and Season 4
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

w0w0w33w0w. v3ry n1c3.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Page 15-18
MovingPictures07 wrote:Oh, Frog, I owe you 4 names for your low poster thing, don't I? Even if I don't agree with it, I'll gladly oblige.
Why?
MovingPictures07 wrote:Also, you realize that's, like, your opinion, man.
:p
sig wrote:How so?
You're lightly skimming the surface imo. I don't see any clear direction or stances so far.
That isn't super common on the Syndicate, also could you explain why we should have more wagons? Wouldn't it make it easier for the mafia to hid among wagons.
More pressure, more information. Makes it more dangerous for mafia to live and play. If everyone has one vote each there's no tension and mafia has more control and can relax more. Having a couple of votes isn't a big deal necessarily. Feeling like you are a legit lynch target is a big deal.
Frog wrote:Tip to those going to the championship:

Wolf teams are diverse, I almost gurantee at least one wolf always slanks off to be under the radar.

It's town's job to avoid D1 TvT (Town vs. Town) arguments, and stay on track of cornering the slanking wolf.

Typically the slanking wolf is usually a valuable PR wolf. Let's DO THIS.
Not really relevant to this game so I'm going to color this green:I don't agree with this. While I'm on board with assuming more often than not some mafia will lurk or have low post count/content, this highly depends on the specific player who rands mafia. A lot of players who are not very confident in their scum game will be low posters when they are scum, I was myself the first times I played as scum. However, a lot of experienced players will be active regardless of alignment, or their activety will depend on their RL circumstances. I would expect most players that are going to play in the Championship to be confident enough as scum that they don't outright lurk. Also, lurking is frowned upon in almost every game (with good reason!), so it's not like it's optimal scum strategy anyway. Just my two cents on this.
sig wrote:Ugh that Silver vs Golden vs MP vs Frog got annoying to read after awhile. :P
And what is your verdict of these players?
Psitt did something that pinged me which I can't recall atm.
He has like 2 posts or something? Surely you can easily check his posts and recall what it was?
Golden wrote:And besides that, this site tries its hardest to pride itself on being a safe and friendly community where people can have fun and I'm committed to doing my part in that.
I feel this, and appreciate it a lot. Not all mafia sites are like this, and it definitely makes the game more enjoyable imo. It's also very good when people understand that even aggressiveness, frustration, manipulation etc is all game related and not personal. I have the philosophy that when you write in the game you put something in that belongs to the game, so while emotions and frustrations can be real they are real within the context of the game, and not personal.

- Meanwhile sig is doing more, giving thoughts on Silver vs Golden (OMG HOW DID I NOT SEE THE PUNNINESS OF THIS BEFORE NOW? :omg: Silver and Golden hahahahaahah I can't XD ), plus he has a case on Zebra which is reasonable.
Sloonei wrote:I will not be my normal self in this game due to time constraints but I don't want to drop out so I'm gonna have to adjust on the fly. I apologize.
This is not really off topic though, is it?
You asked about why vote MP, Ika answered you, and from what I see you ignored that. Why?
Silverwolf wrote:If I die N1-there's a good chance ika is scum. I know that sounds weird since I defend him, but that's what he gives as a self meta tell all the time-he'd kill me N1 if he's scum.
Way to make yourself the N1 kill target. Maybe I'll live to see D2 after all. \o/
Golden wrote:My interpretation of MP's case is that ika hasn't made any substantial scum reads of his own. You could call this that ika's contributions have been quantity over quality.
I disagree here, and would almost say the opposite. That Ika is quality above quantity. What I mean by that is he's one of the people that has been giving pretty clear reads that are easy to find, so where he's at is not such a mystery as it is with some other players in thread. I do wish he would read the entire game and be a bit more particular, but I currently don't have an issue with Ika and I think he's town.
Golden wrote:I'll try looking at Dizzy's content soon, but I tell you my impressions of him so far are more like

He's fun and he'll fit in here
He has good cat gifs to express his thoughts
He is saying a lot of content which could be good

But I really don't feel anything when I read his posts, like 'YES, I AGREE!' or 'SCUMMIEST SCUM!'.

I like that he is willing to see both possible sides of the coin with me. I think he has both represented the game I've played well and identified the correct cautions in taking me as a town read.

OK, I've talked myself into a mild town read.
AMAGAWD! Someone is talking about me in a different way than just calling me town! (Except sig mentioned sideeying me, which I kind of liked since afaik noone else has said this). I have no other comment to this, but I will prance a bit for the attention.

---

Random thing I want to comment on since it's been floating around: For me I didn't take Silver's vote on MP as a clear intent to lynch, but rather more like a pressure vote or a "I want/expect you to give some content". I'm feeling Golden and Silver is treating the vote intent slightly differently which may account for some disagreement (?)
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 528

Post by Golden »

Silver and golden, that's awesome.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

The rest:
Inawordyes wrote:Yay, a vote! Someone likes me! :hugs:

Haha sorry, I'm playing less like MU and more like MM, and on my homesite we tend to RVS the players who haven't posted or voted on D1 because our games are role-heavy. We go for getting as much info on everybody rather than necessarily figuring out the scum team straight-out. I was also busy all day today so I didn't have any time to come in and adapt to new info. I'm catching up now though, so if there's anything of interest that y'all want me to take a look at, quote it and let me know! I probably won't reply to much on my catch up, so feel free to call attention to something I may have skipped over too.
I'd rather want to see where your attention is when you're caught up. And I really hope you will be able to catch up and share your thought before the day is over.
Golden wrote:How much am I 'shipping your lynch' Wilgy? I haven't voted for you at all. I haven't pushed others to vote for you.
Well, you did say that you almost voted him at a point iirc. Why so opposed to be seen as wanting to lynch him? You did put him in your scum reads, so why defend yourself from you shipping his lynch?

These are the things I'm talking about, Golden. The things that hurts me, and makes me have many sads and doubts about your alignment. :confused2:
Frog wrote:Hey fierce one - I see you and IAWY reading the thread. Obv IAWY is cathcing up, what's your deal. What are you focusing on atm?
Lol. You're stroking my fierce ego.

Frog wrote:"shinigami aren't permitted to undo that which has been fated. At that moment jealous became something that is ne ither sand nor rust, he died. The only reminder of his existence became his deathnote which remained his life"

FYI - in the champs games do not expect to ask public questions wrt the game to the host. Doing so is considered shooting an angle and breaking the rules.

Speaking of:
Question to JJJ:
How do you kill a shinigami?
Frog wrote:Dys - you're literally exempt from all town kills/lynches for today. But I demand better GIFS!
Nuuuurrrr. Cause I take my gifs seriously, cause they're my trademark. Usually they are
1. Cat gifs (occationally dogs)
2. Gifs from shows that I love, which usually means they are shows designed to please teenage girls.
3. Gifs of my spirit animal:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Golden wrote:Silver and golden, that's awesome.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Frog wrote:Image

w0w0w33w0w. v3ry n1c3.
You win. >_>
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Anyway, thoughts and stuff after catching up.

Suspicious of MP. I did not find his push on Ika convincing at all, and I found it to be an easy push at the time. He is more so defending why it's reasonable for him to suspect Ika than actually accounting for why Ika is scum. At least that is what I see. There's also other things that makes little sense to me (see my catch up with questions and stuff).

VOTE MOVING PICTURES

Noting also that he is softly defending Golden. Don't know what this says about Golden, he may be town if MP is scum, but I'm not sure.

So in the Silver and Ika vs MP and Golden think, I'm most inclined to think MP as scum. Golden I'm not sure of, sometimes I think town and then something happens and I'm doubting again. Silver seems very town to me. Lol me if I'm wrong. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Ika does seem town to me, he reads fearless town, but less sure of this read as there is not so much to go on here.

---

I really really really want to slap PSI and Soneji with a cod right now. They need to get into this game right meow. For reals.

---

Conflicted on sig. He did look a lot better last he posted, but there's not that much to go on.

As for the case on Zebra, I don't know her. The case is reasonable, and she could be scum. What makes me doubt is my doubt about some of the people advocating her lynch.

Sloonei is apparently having time contrains. That sucks, cause it doesn't make it easier to read him. Not a town read for me right now, but can't really say he is scum either.

I want Marco to post more thoughts on players and less mechanic/strategic analysis. Still reads town.

^I could say the same for Frog, but you know, Frogs be jumping and I'm just going to let them.

Btw, I skipped a lot of the talk about the lurker lynch plan, and all that. Not interested. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
And I think I'll actually attempt do a rainbow list, cause they are pretty. But I rarely agree with myself once they are posted. I'm all :omg:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Town
Silverwolf

Townish
Marco

Slight town maybe not sure
ika
Zexy
Frog

Null
Golden
Inawordyes
DrWilgy
Sloonei

Null but suspicious
a2thezebra
sig
Long Con

Scummish
MovingPictures07

Extreme lurk alert:
Psittaciform
Soneji
Metalmarsh89
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Golden wrote:How much am I 'shipping your lynch' Wilgy? I haven't voted for you at all. I haven't pushed others to vote for you.
Well, you did say that you almost voted him at a point iirc. Why so opposed to be seen as wanting to lynch him? You did put him in your scum reads, so why defend yourself from you shipping his lynch?
I don't like it when people overstate how hard I'm pushing against them. It makes me feel like they are more interested in spin than truth.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

To be even clearer - saying I'm considering voting someone and having them amongst the bottom of my rainbow reads is not 'pushing' anything. It's just stating my reads. If I want to push something, everyone will know.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote:Noting also that he is softly defending Golden.
I can't say for sure, but I think if MP was soft defending me to buddy me, he would have had me higher on his rainbow list than he did.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Golden wrote:I don't like it when people overstate how hard I'm pushing against them. It makes me feel like they are more interested in spin than truth.
Golden wrote:To be even clearer - saying I'm considering voting someone and having them amongst the bottom of my rainbow reads is not 'pushing' anything. It's just stating my reads. If I want to push something, everyone will know.
Faaaair.
Golden wrote:I can't say for sure, but I think if MP was soft defending me to buddy me, he would have had me higher on his rainbow list than he did.
Assuming you're town, he could not for having the option of turning around on the read? I don't remember where he put you, but like, I can think of reasons why he wouldn't hard push you as town read. But I don't know you guys, so :shrug:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I guess what I'm saying is, if mp was scum, I think any soft defence he would make of me would be with the goal of getting me on side. He had me as null, I think if he was disingenuous scum buddying me he would have me at least as slight town.

The best angle for him being scum right now is that he is not soft defending me, but rather trying to replicate how he feels he would read me if he was town.

But, I don't see the suspicion on mp right now. I lean town, I don't think his suspicions are that weak like others seem to think. I just don't see the suspicion that others do.
Zexy

Post by Zexy »

Before starting reading through 18, I feel like I should address this:
I’m not sure that Psit is scum. I mean, he very well could be, since sum him is indeed more inactive than town, at the same time he may just don’t care about this game (he does that a lot too!), which is NAI.

Upon reading 18, I agree that zebra is scummier. She actually went through the hassle of showing up, but said show wasn’t towny at all. Feeling more comfortable with voting her, but I don’t want to make 3-2 wagons 4-1 this soon.

Sloonei ‘s slank cover is so-so. Problem is, although he looked towny early on, scum!him could try to make an awesome first impression, then use this to go UTR safe mode. [OT}Hope he doesn’t try these kinds of tricks in the Championship…[/OT]

Wilgy’s post isn’t good either. May be regular Wilgy but all I see is shade towards all the other inactives which is easy to do and hypocritical when inactive yourself.

18 is done. Sorry if 19 doesn’t come up very soon I’m kinda multitasking at the moment.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

To be fair to sloonei - even back on RYM during the selection process he was clear if he was RYM's nominee he'd need to play in a later heat at the champs, that his next month or so was quite busy. Saying he doesn't have time in this game right now is consistent with everything he said pre rolecards.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

Dys is either with Ika and/OR Wilverwolf OR straight up town. I'm drunk AF. I will go over mechs as I said I would. ... of cuk I said I would before this. :-/ much lress weight.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 772
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Morning. Catching up now.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”