Mafia Championship Scrimmage [END]

Frog
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 194

Re: Mafia Championship Scrimmage

Post by Frog »

I honestly thought sbout ly nch baitng you, Ika, but I f igured I'd be the one lynch baited by sloonei and/or marco.

Instead I got weak discredits without followups which was weak to say the least.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 772
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Silverwolf wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: I understand. It's not fabricated, I can assure you. I don't understand how you can't see my sincerity and frustration in the moment
I'm singling this out cuz I have never seen town say this. If town is frustrated they show it. They DON'T say-why can't you see how frustrated I am? That shows way too much self awareness of how you appear and TRYING to look frustrated and it just isn't a town thing to do. Town never gives a shit about how they look. This is worth changing my vote.

VOTE MOVING PICTURES
Bullshit. You're wrong. You're so ridiculously caught up in your own emotion that you can't even begin to try and empathize with someone else's.

I've had multiple meltdowns in prior games. I don't do that stuff anymore.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

ika wrote:
Frog wrote:As you wish to reinvent your yourself however much 10% you wish. Either way, I k now you and your games Ika. You;re Lazy AF which is NAI which sucks AF. Your effort isn't into the actual game which sucks AF. womp... fecking.... womp...
no you dont, you know jack shit about me, the "not giving a fuck" is public info to everyone, you no nothing more then a common person
As you wish my friend - we have skyped for more than year years ago . It's as you wish to take it from here. I will say this however, you must adjust your approach to people. L uckily I know you personally from years of knowledge. Otherwise I would have lynched you immediately every game.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

And I did show my frustration. It's not my fault if you can't see it or if you don't even attempt to see it. It's not IN ALL CAPS LIKE YOU DO because I personally find that rude and unnecessary.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Silverwolf »

Frog wrote:As you wish to reinvent your yourself however much 10% you wish. Either way, I k now you and your games Ika. You;re Lazy AF which is NAI which sucks AF. Your effort isn't into the actual game which sucks AF. womp... fecking.... womp...
He's not lazy. He's developed a not give a fuck attitude which tbh, is frustrating to me too. I could explain it but I'd rather let him do it. I agree though his playstyle has changed.

However, since coming here it's gotten better. In the heist game (town) and Turf Wars (scum) he did a lot better. So I'm going to expect him to do more here eventually.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: I understand. It's not fabricated, I can assure you. I don't understand how you can't see my sincerity and frustration in the moment
I'm singling this out cuz I have never seen town say this. If town is frustrated they show it. They DON'T say-why can't you see how frustrated I am? That shows way too much self awareness of how you appear and TRYING to look frustrated and it just isn't a town thing to do. Town never gives a shit about how they look. This is worth changing my vote.

VOTE MOVING PICTURES
Bullshit. You're wrong. You're so ridiculously caught up in your own emotion that you can't even begin to try and empathize with someone else's.

Chill dude - accept it. You are *clearly* the D1 lynch.
Spoiler: show
[pssssst - accept being lynch baited. you are clearly NEVER FUCKING EVER a D1 lynch]
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Frog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:

VOTE MOVING PICTURES

Chill dude - accept it. You are *clearly* the D1 lynch.
[pssssst - accept being lynch baited. you are clearly NEVER FUCKING EVER a D1 lynch]
What's lynch baiting exactly, voting someone to get a reaction?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

If so, I don't think that's what Silver is doing here. If she is, then well done on the execution.
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 217

Post by ika »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
I couldn't possibly disagree with your approach to this game more, but I respect it. You'll just have to try to work with me here because I need to understand where your train of thought is with regards to behavior in order to try and make any assessment as to whether you're town or mafia.
well a simple thing is that if someone goes after me when im unavailable i will jsut react in a negative fashion no matter what. much like silver how she sometimes needs her space to get into the game, i need that as well, hesit (i dont use turf cus i was scum), i was on a constant defense where i couldn't do anyhing. i was constantly fighing for survival.
I'm not just going to sit here and blindly listen to Silverwolf or anyone else; I will gladly take into account their opinions and their history annd knowledge with your meta and playstyle, but I need to be able to communicate with you and understand where you're coming from, otherwise I can't even begin to try to form a read on you, and that's frustrating for me.
i know, if anything when me and sivler play together i tend to kinda go more on her reads cus she has been more accurate then me. and yes while it may be sheeping, and yes its follwing her and buddying. its wht i need to get reads. i needs to bounce with soemoen i trsut (ie sivler) if shes scum i will get her lynched. all i need most times is like day 1 to myself to kinda do my thing, if im given that i can do much better and be more open. when im put on defence over and over i cant do anythign
It takes detailed information for me to come to reads, and I need to know where you're coming from as much as you can. Please try to help me understand where your opinions are coming from so I can fairly assess them and decide whether I agree with you or not.
sigh..... im like polar opposite, i rahter havea summer of TLDR then wall posting, i mean wall posting for me is never my thing, jsut catn do it all that much
Your gut just doesn't do things randomly; there are clearly sources of posts and in-thread behavior where your gut is instinctively interpreting information.
Plz dont be a drixx. gut is gut when things ping me i dunno what it is or why. its why i look at people who pinged it
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Frog wrote:I honestly thought sbout ly nch baitng you, Ika, but I f igured I'd be the one lynch baited by sloonei and/or marco.

Instead I got weak discredits without followups which was weak to say the least.
im discreding you based on the fact you know nothing about my persoanlity
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I'm going back to my ISOs. Silver gets mad at me when I don't consider ika's meta, which I don't even know, but she doesn't ever make any steps whatsoever to directly communicate or empathize with me, or to listen to others who are spouting assessments on my meta, which is either fucking infuriating because she's town or genius manipulative play if she's mafia.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Frog wrote:
ika wrote:
no you dont, you know jack shit about me, the "not giving a fuck" is public info to everyone, you no nothing more then a common person
As you wish my friend - we have skyped for more than year years ago . It's as you wish to take it from here. I will say this however, you must adjust your approach to people. L uckily I know you personally from years of knowledge. Otherwise I would have lynched you immediately every game.
no we didnt, maybe a few month at most but even if we did, you realzie your speaking YEARS ago, you dont know me now.

you dont know my personality, im asking nicely to stop insinuating you do. i dont want to keep repeating myself
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

MP-I'm sorry if I"m frustrating you. I'm not trying to. I'm gonna back off you a bit here so you can ISO. I am the last person to talk here but take a deep breath. I thought you were not genuine. Maybe I was wrong. I have other reasons to worry about you. I'll look at all your posts again. Don't worry.

I hope you aren't using AtE (appeal to emotion) but I never scumread off that if you are cuz I do it as both alignments anyway because I'm naturally an emotional player.

Anyhow, ika wants a skype call-not about this game so we will both be away a bit. I haven't talked to him much since he's been back and we have that IRC game today at noon so that will be touch and go as well.

Also, MP-The reason I haven't brought over my other games much is because I have some really good ones but I've melted down before as well and it's kind of embarrassing. I really want to be able to change my emotional playstyle to more of an analytical one instead. That's why I play mafia. I love to figure things out.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Silverwolf wrote:
He's not lazy. He's developed a not give a fuck attitude which tbh, is frustrating to me too. I could explain it but I'd rather let him do it. I agree though his playstyle has changed.

However, since coming here it's gotten better. In the heist game (town) and Turf Wars (scum) he did a lot better. So I'm going to expect him to do more here eventually.
Can i save this for post game? Im super furstrated and dont want to get to a yelling spat. jsut remind me after DH campaign stuff and i can
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

ika wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:

Can i save this for post game? Im super furstrated and dont want to get to a yelling spat. jsut remind me after DH campaign stuff and i can
Yes of course, take a break. You and MP both need one.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

nah - I doubt that they're doing that tbh. It's purely emotionally volatile and NAI which sucks.

When you get to someone - imagine you tell someone they suck at olf hunting and they explode - it's a sign of gen uine frustration, what what does that MEAN in context?

I'm going to drop a bomp y'all because I may not be able to do what I wanted to do before EOD today, but I'm clearly scummy as fuck a NEVER a PR ... clearly... lel.|

Some of the most helpful advice youll ever see:
So if you're a villager, your two primary objectives this game should be 1) clear villagers and 2) find wolves. (Secondary objectives are stuff like 3) don't get lynched, 4) draw wolf nightkills if you're not a power role, and 5) use your powers effectively if you are a power role.) As I said before, it's best if you start with the default presumption that the people you're talking to are villagers, because 75 percent of the time, they will be. That leads to us using terms like ">rand villa" or ">rand wolf" to denote a read that someone is more likely than random chance to be a wolf or villa. Someone can be >rand wolf and still be a villager more often than not, and this is a really, really important concept. Werewolf is an inherently probabilistic game.

Just put people in buckets of varying confidence levels and see what shakes out, all the while keeping your reads dynamic and flexible.

For those who might find it helpful, here are some guidelines about the way I, personally, try to find wolves.

Ace of Spaids’ Five Rules of Wolfhunting

1) does this person seem like they have extra information? (like, do they seem like they know who's who when they're not supposed to?)

2) does this person seem like they have an agenda behind their posts? (like, do they seem like they're angling to subtly defend some people or subtly push other people?)

3) can i follow this person's thought processes? (like, does it make sense how they get from point A to point B in their reasoning, or do they make weird jumps?)

4) does this person seem pretty free-flowing and natural? (like, are they worried about how they're phrasing things, or do they just seem to be posting off the cuff?)

5) how does this person interact with others? (like, when someone asks them a question, do they respond in a natural way, or are they awkward about it? when someone pushes them, do they get overly defensive? are they ignoring certain things it doesn't make sense for them to ignore?)

6) my sixth rule of wolfhunting would probably be that people who seem to be putting an effort into blending in unobtrusively and going with the flow rather than making themselves conspicuous by their posting are usually >rand to be wolves

Basically, it's a lot like poker: what story is someone trying to tell with their posts? Are they repping villa credibly in light of their interactions and phrasings?

Also, remember: as an inherent matter, wolves have better information than villagers. This means that it is not wolfy for someone to be wrong. What matters is if it looks like they're being wrong in a systematic way in service of an unvillagery agenda.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

ika wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:

Lel - Il frustrado? welcome to an actual game. This is the entire point.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

Zexy, Ika, SW, IAWY - all you join mr on marhmellow now. You know im in my town meta, join me plox. Let's do this right.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Silverwolf wrote:MP-I'm sorry if I"m frustrating you. I'm not trying to. I'm gonna back off you a bit here so you can ISO. I am the last person to talk here but take a deep breath. I thought you were not genuine. Maybe I was wrong. I have other reasons to worry about you. I'll look at all your posts again. Don't worry.

I hope you aren't using AtE (appeal to emotion) but I never scumread off that if you are cuz I do it as both alignments anyway because I'm naturally an emotional player.

Anyhow, ika wants a skype call-not about this game so we will both be away a bit. I haven't talked to him much since he's been back and we have that IRC game today at noon so that will be touch and go as well.

Also, MP-The reason I haven't brought over my other games much is because I have some really good ones but I've melted down before as well and it's kind of embarrassing. I really want to be able to change my emotional playstyle to more of an analytical one instead. That's why I play mafia. I love to figure things out.
Some of this response is probably OT, but I left it all normal tag since it may all have an impact on game-related discussion.

It's okay, I apologize too if in any way I'm being difficult. I'm commonly lynched, whether mislynched or accurately, in the first few phases of every game here, so it's nothing new. It's frustrating every time though, regardless of alignment, if I feel like I'm not being given a chance. I appreciate that you show a willingness to do so here. It's now clear that I jumped the gun in declaring you wouldn't. At any time, please let me know if there's anything else I can address, even the ika stuff.

I've only purposefully used appeal to emotion once as a mafia player (in Roger Rabbit) and it was a last ditch desperate move after I tried literally everything else and the townies (including Golden, who was monumental in lynching my teammate D1) absolutely kept obliterating us. Otherwise, any emotion I ever do express is genuine, regardless of alignment, so I'm with you there. In a way, our playstyles really aren't that different; overall, they're probably quite similar. My gut is horrendous; it's historically way worse than random chance. I'm really not a good player at this game; I have a Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde approach to it, inevitably, that mirrors my personality. I can't help but emotionally respond to things (gut responses) and integrate those into my reads; often times, historically, I let this get way out of hand and I've been known as a victim of severe tunneling. Especially over the past year since playing a lot more with other players, I am increasingly realizing that I need to heavily rely on analytical methods to suss out scum, otherwise I'm horrendous at reading people. It takes multitudes of posts and detailed conversation and analysis before I can come to conclusions, and even then.

Of course, I understand this is all self-reported, so integrate it into your meta of me how you wish, even if you choose to not at all. It's all how I assess my own playstyle genuinely though; others may see it differently.

I feel very embarrassed about many of the meltdowns I've had over the years, especially here at The Syndicate, when I started melting down more, I believe largely due to my increased stressload in my career. I actually just had a meltdown in the most recent game I played before this, Rocky and Bullwinkle, and I'm absolutely embarrased about it. Feel free to look it up if you wish though; I can't stop you. I planned on subsequently largely taking a break from playing here to focus more on community outreach, hosting, etc. You and I are in the same boat in desiring to adopt more analytically-driven approaches rather than emotional ones.

Lastly, I want to apologize specifically for my comment on your CAPS LOCK stuff. I was frustrated and I hope you didn't take offense to my "rude" comment; I didn't intend any. I just, personally anyway, view CAPS LOCK TEXT as someone yelling at the top of their lungs, and every time I see someone type in all caps it makes me auto-ignore what they're saying. :p Even if I know they're legitimately upset and wanting to be heard. So that's just me.

Anyway, I'll go back to some ISOs now, but I really need to get some work done too because I'm pushing off my load towards this coming week too much, so I may have to pick analysis up again later.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

To add to that: In comparing our playstyles, Silver, I should have said though that it seems your gut is much better than mine. :P
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 237

Post by sig »

Why MM over Zebra Frog?
ImageImage
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:MP-I'm sorry if I"m frustrating you. I'm not trying to. I'm gonna back off you a bit here so you can ISO. I am the last person to talk here but take a deep breath. I thought you were not genuine. Maybe I was wrong. I have other reasons to worry about you. I'll look at all your posts again. Don't worry.

Some of this response is probably OT, but I left it all normal tag since it may all have an impact on game-related discussion.

It's okay, I apologize too if in any way I'm being difficult. I'm commonly lynched, whether mislynched or accurately, in the first few phases of every game here, so it's nothing new. It's frustrating every time though, regardless of alignment, if I feel like I'm not being given a chance. I appreciate that you show a willingness to do so here. It's now clear that I jumped the gun in declaring you wouldn't. At any time, please let me know if there's anything else I can address, even the ika stuff.

I've only purposefully used appeal to emotion once as a mafia player (in Roger Rabbit) and it was a last ditch desperate move after I tried literally everything else and the townies (including Golden, who was monumental in lynching my teammate D1) absolutely kept obliterating us. Otherwise, any emotion I ever do express is genuine, regardless of alignment, so I'm with you there. In a way, our playstyles really aren't that different; overall, they're probably quite similar. My gut is horrendous; it's historically way worse than random chance. I'm really not a good player at this game; I have a Dr. Jeckyll and Mr. Hyde approach to it, inevitably, that mirrors my personality. I can't help but emotionally respond to things (gut responses) and integrate those into my reads; often times, historically, I let this get way out of hand and I've been known as a victim of severe tunneling. Especially over the past year since playing a lot more with other players, I am increasingly realizing that I need to heavily rely on analytical methods to suss out scum, otherwise I'm horrendous at reading people. It takes multitudes of posts and detailed conversation and analysis before I can come to conclusions, and even then.

Of course, I understand this is all self-reported, so integrate it into your meta of me how you wish, even if you choose to not at all. It's all how I assess my own playstyle genuinely though; others may see it differently.

I feel very embarrassed about many of the meltdowns I've had over the years, especially here at The Syndicate, when I started melting down more, I believe largely due to my increased stressload in my career. I actually just had a meltdown in the most recent game I played before this, Rocky and Bullwinkle, and I'm absolutely embarrased about it. Feel free to look it up if you wish though; I can't stop you. I planned on subsequently largely taking a break from playing here to focus more on community outreach, hosting, etc. You and I are in the same boat in desiring to adopt more analytically-driven approaches rather than emotional ones.

Lastly, I want to apologize specifically for my comment on your CAPS LOCK stuff. I was frustrated and I hope you didn't take offense to my "rude" comment; I didn't intend any. I just, personally anyway, view CAPS LOCK TEXT as someone yelling at the top of their lungs, and every time I see someone type in all caps it makes me auto-ignore what they're saying. :p Even if I know they're legitimately upset and wanting to be heard. So that's just me.

Anyway, I'll go back to some ISOs now, but I really need to get some work done too because I'm pushing off my load towards this coming week too much, so I may have to pick analysis up again later.
Im drunk AF - im going to make a drunken TLDR for you now - halt postinf ro 3 m inutes plox
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

holy phyck MP just cracked 0_o
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Golden wrote:
sig wrote:Also if I offended you about the old age thing sorry. I don't think I did, but figured I should apologize just in case.
My body is breaking down, sig. I need to do, like, regular warmups and stuff. My hamstrings feel permanently short. And I'm having to deal with impending parenthood. I'm old. I can handle it!
Congratulations, if your kid is a boy you should name it Sigurd after the future conqueror of the world. If they are a girl name is Sigurtrai or something. :P
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Also

VOTE A2THEZEBRA

I think I gave my reasoning for her lynch, and the fact we still haven't seen an increase in activity makes me want to lynch zebra even more.
ImageImage
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

most of the imtes I see players crack it's just townies just giving up 0_o I dont.. even know. If you literally hate the game M P, just sub out - no mod angles - just for your personal he alth.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Frog wrote:most of the imtes I see players crack it's just townies just giving up 0_o I dont.. even know. If you literally hate the game M P, just sub out - no mod angles - just for your personal he alth.
What are you talking about?
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

people have asked me - but WAI MM FROG?! WAIIII???

Let me ask you this? Are you ready to join me blindly? As your valiant leader? Rain or shine? WE ARE PRIATES! WE FIGHT AND PLUNDER AND STORM OUR ENEMIES!

I wil be your captain, let us never falter or fail.

MM is scum - do not mistake my drunken gut.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Frog wrote:most of the imtes I see players crack it's just townies just giving up 0_o I dont.. even know. If you literally hate the game M P, just sub out - no mod angles - just for your personal he alth.
Your long post had a lot of blatant 'im scum FU's" within it.

If I were the typical champ, I'd poke each line by line with different colors and prove it at such.

Because I DONT actually believ you scum and just TINFOIUL you scum (understand the difference to handle pressure) just take it dudesickle.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Frog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

If I were the typical champ, I'd poke each line by line with different colors and prove it at such.

Because I DONT actually believ you scum and just TINFOIUL you scum (understand the difference to handle pressure) just take it dudesickle.
:huh: My long post was pretty much general commentary. Not sure why you'd think any of it says anything about my alignment this game.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Frog wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:

:huh: My long post was pretty much general commentary. Not sure why you'd think any of it says anything about my alignment this game.
clearly you've just written your post and I've just read it.

What is your 15 second take on Dr Wigly?
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

5 4 3 2
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

be ready for tone readers who expect fast responses - heads up - that *could* be you r head righ there
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sorry, thought I was clear that I'm working on ISOs; as such, I'm not regularly checking the main thread as often as I would be otherwise.

Dr. Wilgy GTH? I'd say mafia. I need to ISO the guy though.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

FYI - the slankers I''ve pointed out are VERY real

You can obv dismiss me as a child at a petting zoo - you have't done so.

I'd like a heaed to head if that's ok with all present. announce your presence actives +slankers
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

@Sig now that you're here Id epscially like your opnions and reads - let's get your hot lists in the next 10ish minutes
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

I'm going to go ahead and say despite a no lynch for today not impressed with Sig.

I'd like to say within top 8 at least 1/8
within middle 4 1/4
within bottom 4 14 (although I'd like to say more than that)

Expect my mech soon
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

LONG CON
LC has 14 posts. I'll include them all because why not?
Long Con wrote:Hello, game. I'm going to start out this with my first ping of the game as I vote MOVINGPICTURES07 for trying to set himself up for an under-the-radar game.
Long Con wrote:VOTE MOVINGPICTURES07
Long Con starts out the game with a vote in my direction because of setting myself up for "an under-the-radar game". I responded to him saying that I said similar sentiments multiple times in the sign-up thread and that, consequently, such declarations were independent of my alignment, but I don't recall him acknowledging that post at all. I'll find out soon enough. I'd like to know what LC currently thinks about me.

With respect to how this post makes me feel about LC, I'd say town, even though he's wrong about me. He shows a willingness to throw out an assessment to start the game that is actually seemingly grounded in an observation of suspicion, rather than RVS. I hesitate to say this is a strong town post though; it could easily have a mafia agenda and this would be easy to fake as a "suspicion" that he didn't truly believe.
Long Con wrote:
sig wrote:Last post for the time I promise.

Two things
1. MP didn't place his vote for Zebra
2. I'm voting to lynch Golden, come on out and represent golden!

Vote Golden
That doesn't count, gotta be ALL CAPS! :srsnod:
Fluff, but at least it's a useful reminder that vote posts have to be in ALL CAPS. Null.
Long Con wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Hey, I hear we're playing a mafia game in here?
Yeah man! You in? You Mafia?
WIFOM alert. As JJJ would comment, *involuntary eye twitch* or something similar. Null.
Long Con wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Yea to both, King Con.
You seem like an honest guy, so I'll just

VOTE SLOONEI because he is Mafia.
Okay, this is a bad look. LC's seemingly serious suspicion of me has been usurped by a joke WIFOM vote for Sloonei, and this was before I could come in and respond to him. Within meta? Sure. But I can't help but give a mafia assessment to this post because it nullified all the town qualities of his first two posts.
Long Con wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:*makes content*

This is totally content. Contented content. *nods knowingly*
This.

This hammer will be interesting, I've never used one bfore. Can't wait to see who gets... nailed.
Fluff, but at least there's a lame pun in there. Yay puns. :beer: Null post though.
Long Con wrote:
Marco wrote:
Zexy wrote:So, sig: what is TS? What do you think of Sloonei’s push on you? You defended, but what does that mean in regards to his alignment?

I disagree on the fake claiming part because in MU there actually a power role cover system where everybody claims all the roles so that the real ones get to “naturally” throw their real results in without standing out too much. And others fakeclaim to draw NKs.
That works best when people are used to hypo claiming. We could go that route but doesn't look to me like everyone is used to hypo on their home boards. I don't mind PR cover either but it's hard to pull off with complete strangers. I'd have to have a really strong town-read on someone (or say an innocent report).
What good does it do for every player to claim every role? How does it benefit the Power Roles to be able to "naturally" throw their real results in?
Long Con wrote:
Frog wrote: I've JUST finished a C12 match on MU where many vanillagers were fake claiming TPRs, and fake counter claiming TPRs all over the place. Some of them worked, some of them didn't. Those that didn't work were because of a cognitive dissonance between players. With this in mind, if you are town reading a player, and they fake claim a power role, would you counter claim them?

Furthermore, with respect to claims, I'm planning on following this format every day:
If I'm X role, I did this N1, N2, N3, etc.
If I'm Y role, I did this N1, N2, N3, etc.
If I'm Z role, I did this N1, N2, N3, etc.
So, after a few days, if everyone does this, then we can get every town power role verified to each person they targeted.

Doesn't this cause games to devolve into a bunch of counter-claiming and informed defending?
Long Con wrote:
Psittaciform wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Marco wrote:
Zexy wrote:So, sig: what is TS? What do you think of Sloonei’s push on you? You defended, but what does that mean in regards to his alignment?

I disagree on the fake claiming part because in MU there actually a power role cover system where everybody claims all the roles so that the real ones get to “naturally” throw their real results in without standing out too much. And others fakeclaim to draw NKs.
That works best when people are used to hypo claiming. We could go that route but doesn't look to me like everyone is used to hypo on their home boards. I don't mind PR cover either but it's hard to pull off with complete strangers. I'd have to have a really strong town-read on someone (or say an innocent report).
What good does it do for every player to claim every role? How does it benefit the Power Roles to be able to "naturally" throw their real results in?
From what I understand, the idea is, should a PR get killed before having a chance to claim and clearly state results, they can simply sneak them out as part of a fake claim-fest, and when they die, all the other town players need to do is look back at their posts and see what info they left. Such a tactic should only be left to info roles like Cop or Tracker/Watcher, and only in a environment where it's the standard and people can be expected to carry it out, however. And as I said before, I'm against it here, without any experience in those tactics, it will probably just lead to a confused mess for town.
Seems like an attempt to get through loopholes. I wouldn't allow it as a host.
These three posts are probably the most often discussed so far in LC's history. They deal with his conversation with Frog regarding the proposed claiming strategy and end with LC declaring that he wouldn't allow it as a host. All within meta and believable. LC genuinely seems to want to understand the strategy, but I'm not convinced that gives any alignment tell. Null, I suppose.
Long Con wrote:Host: Do we get to know who was nightkill-targeted if a hypothetical Doctor is successful in protecting someone?
Host question. Null.
Long Con wrote:So that's what it takes to get you guys to shut up for an hour and a half. :D I'm going to work now, be back in a while.

Frog, loving the point of view, maybe I'll try some of your logic out, if I'm not too lazy.
Buddies Frog a bit here. Something to note for future analysis. Otherwise, for now, null.
Long Con wrote:
Marco wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
Marco wrote:I didn't. Because he hasn't posted anything yet. That's characteristic of him. He enjoys the monotony of reading gazillion posts at once, picking out what interest him, and then make a post quoting a couple of people with his reads based on those posts.
Yeah, sorry, I thought you were talking about Sloonei. I will be looking forward to the Soneji catch up then.
Do you mean this?
Dyslexicon wrote:
Long Con wrote:Seems like an attempt to get through loopholes. I wouldn't allow it as a host.
You'd rather have the mafia NK pr before they have the chance to share useful information?Well that's a town mindset if I ever saw one!
+ It's totally fair play, but probably messy in this setup (which I'll get back to why I think)
I didn't quite understand what you're referring to when you say mindslip. And on that note, could you list the various color tags, like orange for sarcasm, I presume.
I mean having the mindset of a scum, so thinking like one. The post Long con replied to put Hypo claiming in a positive light (afair), something that helps town. He responded with that it seemed like trying to get through loopholes and he'd disallow it (presumably because it would be unfair to the mafia that town would get that advantage). So that is a scummy mindset, or taking scum's side if you will. Does that make sense?

These things can be stretch, maybe. But it is something I noticed. And nothing else Long con has said has made me think town on him.
Honestly, to me, it looked like he just didn't understand the concept. I can't quite see why he'd consider it an attempt to get through loopholes.
Oh, I understand the concept just fine, and I have from the moment he put it out there. Just chalk it up to a different style of play we're used to.
sig wrote:Oh and what LC said isn't scummy that's just his meta.
Too true.

I would call Silverwolf a town read, but that's with not ever seeing her scum game as far as I recall. It really doesn't help that ika always aggressively townreads Silverwolf, I guess that's just a thing that's working for both of them to pad their way to at least mid-game. Anyone wanna be MY aggressive townread partner? :grin:

Anyway, I'm not fully caught up, that's just some reactions up to where I'm at. Gotta go out now, catchup more later. Here is where I'm at.
The most notable part of this post is that LC is town reading Silverwolf, with the disclaimer that he hasn't seen her scum game. I don't see a particular reason he's town reading Silver though. I don't know what to do with this.
Long Con wrote:I guess it's not, roleclaiming and info dumping are legal, just seems like a way to try and bypass letting people play the roles themselves, instead automating the info directly to the thread.
Slightly amends his viewpoint on the "wouldn't allow as host" sentiment he expressed earlier with respect to mass claiming. He still seems to feel it is against the spirit of the game though. Null.
Long Con wrote:
Frog wrote:Quick Plan:

These players
Golden 53
Marco 43
Sloonei 41
Frog 34
Dyslexicon 27
Silverwolf 25
sig 20
Zexy 20

Will Split up into groups of 2 and vote these players, putting each of them at 2 votes:
DrWilgy 4
Metalmarsh89 4
a2thezebra 3
Psittaciform 2

These guys will have to make a cases for each of the slankers, and finish up the votes:
MovingPictures07 13
ika 11
Long Con 11
Inawordyes 10

If this splits evenly, all 4 slankers should be put at 3 votes each.

For reference, with a hammer, the vote required to hammer is currently 9 votes.
Since there are 4 wolves, it would require 5 town to pile onto the incorrect pick, and all 4 wolves to snipe the incorrect pick, thereby explicitly revealing their team. What I'm saying is, if we choose these 4 players as wagons now, we are certainly safe within the realms of variation putting each of the 4 lurkers to 3+/- 2 votes (1-5 votes on each).

I think this is an optimal strategy since, as I've pointed, I believe wolves are least likely to be engaged in the game because it is not in their wincon, and wolves are lazy AF in games unfortunately. I believe at least one wolf must exist in that group of 4, although I believe more exist in that group of 4 personally. If we force wolves to vote amongst wolves and nonwolves, we put them in a situation that makes them mechanically vulnerable! This is optimal IMO.

I hope you all join me in my plan to make wagons on these 4 players and collect everyone's reads on these 4 players.
I like this plan.
Long Con likes the plan proposed by Frog that everyone should vote the 4 lurkers, but he doesn't make any effort to move his vote and doesn't mention moving it. :ponder: This could be seen as further buddying of Frog by LC. I give a mafia lean to this post because there's literally nothing there other than expressing agreement. LC makes no move to enact the plan, but he hasn't shown up since, so it's difficult to tell whether he actually wants to enact the plan or if he's just buddying Frog.

Overall, I assess Long Con as slight mafia. I need more from him, particularly with respect to reads and not mechanics, before either sinking him below that or considering town reading him.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

The best part of this is - I will FPS (fancy player syndrome) my way out of death tonight guaranteed - i've pl ayed most of deep game into drunkeness and while I have aspirations to climb out of this chasm of ineptitude and lead the people I simply can't at this moment of my life. I need to focus on my company and my personal life. This game shares the drunkness which is my solitude. I'm a child chasing butterflies. Pay me no attention wolves.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Frog wrote:@Sig now that you're here Id epscially like your opnions and reads - let's get your hot lists in the next 10ish minutes
Oops sorry I'm multitasking. Give me a few minutes.
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

With that, I've spent way too much time here. Going to keep my vote on UNVOTE for now, and I don't feel comfortable throwing out an updated rainbow reads list just yet, since I need to at least ISO DrWilgy, Inawordyes, and a2thezebra first. I'd like to ISO ika too but that one will take a lot longer, so I may hold off until after EoD for that one. Maybe sig and Zexy will happen if I get time. See you all closer to EoD.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:With that, I've spent way too much time here. Going to keep my vote on UNVOTE for now, and I don't feel comfortable throwing out an updated rainbow reads list just yet, since I need to at least ISO DrWilgy, Inawordyes, and a2thezebra first. I'd like to ISO ika too but that one will take a lot longer, so I may hold off until after EoD for that one. Maybe sig and Zexy will happen if I get time. See you all closer to EoD.
MP - put your vote on marshemllow - lend me your vote damnit
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

sig wrote:
Frog wrote:@Sig now that you're here Id epscially like your opnions and reads - let's get your hot lists in the next 10ish minutes
Oops sorry I'm multitasking. Give me a few minutes.
dece response - but response must be lightning
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The deadline for Day 1 is in 10 hours and 37 minutes at precisely 10:00 PM Eastern US/Canada time.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Frog wrote:I'm going to go ahead and say despite a no lynch for today not impressed with Sig.

within middle 4 1/4

Expect my mech soon
What do you mean by this?
I've reread portions of the thread. So I'll do an uncolored rainbow list.
Town.
Golden
Silver
Zexy
Slight town
MP
Sloonie
town lean
Inawordyes
Marco
scum lean
Ika
Wilgy
MM
Dyslexicon
slight scum
Psittacitform
scum read
Zebra

So I avoided using nulls here, I've got more town reads then scum which I guess is good. I'll be ISOing and reviewing my scum reads at some point today.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Psittaciform two posts were both about Frog's idea. Due to this I don't think he and Zebra are both mafia members. Out of the two I'd rather lynch Zebra today then Psitt.
ImageImage
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

sig wrote:
Frog wrote:I'm going to go ahead and say despite a no lynch for today not impressed with Sig.

within middle 4 1/4

Expect my mech soon
What do you mean by this?
I've reread portions of the thread. So I'll do an uncolored rainbow list.
Town.
Golden
Silver
Zexy
Slight town
MP
Sloonie
town lean
Inawordyes
Marco
scum lean
Ika
Wilgy
MM
Dyslexicon
slight scum
Psittacitform
scum read
Zebra

So I avoided using nulls here, I've got more town reads then scum which I guess is good. I'll be ISOing and reviewing my scum reads at some point today.

You;ve managed to avoid:

Me| Frog (Solo Hero)
Dys
Long Con
Sig

Those are 4 solid names which obvious I canot be privy to, but I m ust respect as your 'unmentionsbles'
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

sig wrote:Psittaciform two posts were both about Frog's idea. Due to this I don't think he and Zebra are both mafia members. Out of the two I'd rather lynch Zebra today then Psitt.
are you mech defending Pirf? I will literally lynch Pirf RIGHT now if you say you oppose his lynch.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

test test
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

mostly GG