Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 772
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Mafia Championship Scrimmage

Post by Tangrowth »

ika wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Silverwolf wrote: IAWY-MP's points are a very superficial and amount to playstyle and I have him back at null
Silverwolf wrote: IAWY I would vote for and lynch in a heartbeat
Silverwolf wrote:VOTE INAWORDYES
Hahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahaha what the fuck.
whata bout it? if MP is scum voting scum its win-win

the thing is that most if not all setups have some protetive where numbers for sucms are the key so they can jsut go bussing willy nilly. if MP is bussing hes jsut gonna shoot himself in the foot long term
Why are you fixating on me being scum? Stop it.
Frog
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 194

Post by Frog »

Marco wrote:
Frog wrote:Oh god I'm so hungover.

Marco, I'll just sheep you for the EOD vote.
Well, how do you feel about IAWY lynch now? Cause he's my biggest scum-read. I'm willing to go for a MetalMarsh lynch too.
IAWYS pretty much has exclusively been saying he's going to slank, and he says it rather proudly. Lol. I'll follow your vote wherever, im honestly too hungover to think it through atm.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 528

Post by Golden »

@zebra - do you see a distinction between 'lurker' and 'not giving us enough content or connection to form any reads'.

I would say the latter is what we need to be more comfortable lynching.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 246

Post by a2thezebra »

ika wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Silverwolf wrote: I'm gonna give you the same consideration you've been giving me all game and tell you I don't give a fuck what you think. I've given plenty of thought on this so laugh at me all you want.

I don't care and I'm ignoring you for the rest of the day.
That's not an accurate impression of how much consideration that I've given you, because I do give a fuck what you think. That's why I find it worth pointing out that your read of IAWY seems extremely inconsistent, and that your response to me pointing that out only made it more clear.
SIgh.......

here, let me give some adivce, instigating her about such things like that is only gonna upset her, you saw me get upset too in heist, we are similar in that sense.

i think the biggest issue we (and yes i use we cus its me too that im seeing) is that both sides of us (ie me and silver vs everyone else) is insinuating that the ohter is wrong. its a matter of interpretation to us. when people just dont openly say "well i disagree for XYZ" for me at least, that's literally saying "nope you're wrong"

and maybe it has been said sevral times like that but we are jsut annyoed that we feel like everyon eis just not actaly taking the POV into consideration and trying to follow up on it
I'm not intending to instigate anyone and, I'm sorry, but I don't feel responsible for any upset feelings when I am literally doing nothing more than playing the game. If I suspect someone for something, I'm going to voice that suspicion. If the suspicion by itself upsets someone, then I'm sorry, but I can't be blamed for that. You shouldn't be playing mafia if you cannot stand to be suspected. I like you two as mafia players but you both have a tendency to get emotional simply for being the target of suspicion, and it's just not healthy in this game.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 217

Post by ika »

a2thezebra wrote:
Golden wrote: We'd do better to do more lynching of lurkers here, I think.
I cannot stress enough how much I disagree with this view.
and i played 2 games here where lurkers were the scums.....
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
sig wrote:@MP Can you ISO MM and tell me what you think?
*brain explodes*

Yeah, I can do it, but it likely won't be until after D2 has begun. I'm not sure my brain can handle any more ISOs. That Wilgy one broke me.
Can you please iso frog?

;airguitar:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Frog wrote:But I'm most likely just going to stay put on metal marsh.

Dude just randomly OMGUS voted me, lol.
You said you were going to sheep your vote. Don't pin this on me. :eye:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Wait, Dizzy, I'm confused. In your first catchup post you say your first instinct says you should buy it, but then mostly in your second catchup post you start scum reading her behavior. Can you walk me through this? You lost me.
I guess it was my first instinct (and would probably generally be to such a play), but it's like she's playing it up too much. Too much emphasis that she is being sacrificial and don't want you lynched cause she is such a good town, and oh, how hard it is to find other people to suspect, who would ever do this as mafia, must be town right, or else she'd just bandwagon, and oh she is probably getting lynched (way too many hours before day ends to say that) - and what happens? Votes are off her like that. I see a lot of people not seeming interested in her lynch. Sig, among others (who I suspect).

It just doesn't read town play to me at all. I don't know why it seems to fly with people. Is this normal for her town meta or something? It's not the self vote in itself, it's how it's played off afterwards. She is clearly invested in her surviving.
Okay that's it you're just making shit up. Playing it up too much? Not one time did I imply that I was "such a good town" for self-voting. Quite the opposite, actually. I self-voted because I found MP more valuable even as a potential baddie then my role as town. How is that patting myself on the back? In fact, how is it not the opposite? Then you just go on to paraphrase my actions and color them as if they are disingenuous while giving absolutely no reason to perceive them as disingenuous to begin with.

Of course I'm invested in my surviving. WHY WOULDN'T I BE?! I have said multiple times both when I initially self-voted and in my response to you, that the only reason I self-voted was because I felt that my mislynching was inevitable in the first place.
I thought it was to save MP?
It was, my point is that I wouldn't be comfortable saving MP if I felt that my mislynch was anything other than inevitable.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:I will say I don't want to lynch Zebra or Sloonei today. Metalmarsh is looking better also and Epi needs a chance to post.
Why not Zebra? We should totally lynch Zebra.

---

People I feel is being kind of ignored that I'm looking at with that one oh so scary eye: Sig and Zexy.

Don't like Zexy's most recent post, and the fact that afaik he's left his vote the same place (without it having impact) like the whole game.

Sig is still just jumping in now and then. People reading him slightly townish, I don't know why? Lot of the reads are unaccounted for, and I don't like his vote on MM. Feel I should look over his posts as one.

Zebra and the self vote and then immediately being very committed to the game. Gurl. I see it as pretending to sacrifice, and then pretending to be unable to find a good scum case (towny right? Not wanting to just bandwagon. No.) ISO people to slightly defend them, like with Sloonie (makes Sloonie probs town if Zebra is mafia). Me no likey.

Other than that I would agree that Inaword is looking rather not so good. And I can't stop being paranoid of Golden, and will likely feel like an idiot if he's town. \o/

OT special: The first season of Death Note is totes way better than the second one, but I really do love the first. I should re-watch it.
"Hey you! You're losing, you're losing, you're losing, you're losing your vitamin C!"
I've been going back and forth on Zexy, but generally town reading him decently. Nonetheless, I agree I don't like the fact that he bailed on us for EoD and didn't move his vote to somewhere meaningful. But I won't count it against him TOO much.

I agree entirely on Death Note, even though the second isn't bad.

Yes, "Vitamin C" is so freaking good. The span of Tago Mago, Ege Bamyasi, and Future Days is just masterful.
Marco
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 210

Post by Marco »

sig wrote:I think MM is trying to joke his way out of this lynch, by switching around and appearing jokey not serious mafia. I dislike his posts alot, they give no content what so ever, but makes him seem no lurky compared to other people.

@Golden I don't understand what you mean about over bussing?
I share similar thoughts. Also, how he only started scumhunting a couple hours ago when the day is coming to an end and he's one of the lynch candidates. From my little experience playing with him, I was expecting more emphasis on his own defence (thought there wasn't much of a case on him) than finding an alternative candidate.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Golden wrote: We'd do better to do more lynching of lurkers here, I think.
I cannot stress enough how much I disagree with this view.
I don't mean 'in this game on this day' but 'on this site'. We do let them slide too much.
I know what you meant, and I think the opposite is true. Yes, on this site.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

sig wrote:I think MM is trying to joke his way out of this lynch, by switching around and appearing jokey not serious mafia. I dislike his posts alot, they give no content what so ever, but makes him seem no lurky compared to other people.

Is that really the extent of what I have done today?

Go back and ISO me yourself like I suggested you do, please.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 237

Post by sig »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
sig wrote:@MP Can you ISO MM and tell me what you think?
*brain explodes*

Yeah, I can do it, but it likely won't be until after D2 has begun. I'm not sure my brain can handle any more ISOs. That Wilgy one broke me.
If MP or MM are mafia I'd guarantee the other is.

@MP I think you raise some good points, but I still believe it is cultural and I really really dislike Ika saying ppl who have played with him think he is mafia, when he specifically said he wasn't playing his MU meta. I mean I know I change my meta from here to MU, in fact I'm playing more like I would on my home site right now. So I don't like the meta case agaisnt him, espacilly with Ika pushing it. SO I call bullshit on the meta bad thing since while he is playing different then MU nobody here knows his home site meta. It seems opportunistic to do a meta push when so few people actually know his meta. That is the main reason why I don't like his wagon. However, I'd like to see more content from him I'd say if he doesn't improve we lynch him tomorrow.
ImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Silverwolf wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Silverwolf wrote: IAWY-MP's points are a very superficial and amount to playstyle and I have him back at null
Silverwolf wrote: IAWY I would vote for and lynch in a heartbeat
Silverwolf wrote:VOTE INAWORDYES
Hahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahaha what the fuck.
Yes, hilarious. If you look at my earlier posts I had a scumread on him. He's better than the other people up for lynch, even as a null.

Thank You for laughing at me when I'm in a shit mood. That totally helps.
Helps what? :ponder:

Is it not sensible to laugh when someone says that the case against a certain player is superficial and amounts to playstyle, then immediately says they would lynch that same player in a heart beat before switching their vote for him? Your earlier posts don't help this, they make it worse actually. Here's the timeline as I understand it:

1. You scumread IAWY.
2. You say that the case against him is superficial and amounts to playstyle, and that IAWY is "back at null" for you.
3. You say that you would vote for him and lynch him in a heartbeat.
4. You vote for him.

I'm sorry, why am I not supposed to laugh again?
I'm gonna give you the same consideration you've been giving me all game and tell you I don't give a fuck what you think. I've given plenty of thought on this so laugh at me all you want.

I don't care and I'm ignoring you for the rest of the day.
Can't we all just get along? Not blaming or pointing the finger here, but I think harsh aggression this late in the Day won't serve any of us any good.
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

If you liked Death Note, you should definitely watch Code Geass. A more expansive and interesting plot with an extremely satisfying pay-off, along with some crazy twists throughout.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:@zebra - do you see a distinction between 'lurker' and 'not giving us enough content or connection to form any reads'.

I see a distinction, and I think we need to be less comfortable lynching both the former and the latter. At least less comfortable with it being the Day 1 Plan A rather than Plan Z.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Silverwolf wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:I'm leaving in 10 minutes. I feel like I'm losing my fight this game.

I really don't care who we lynch today because my strong townreads are not under consideration.

ika isn't saying much and this has me very concerned

IAWY-MP's points are a very superficial and amount to playstyle and I have him back at null

sig isn't making me feel good either

That's all I have.
At what point did ika's lack of providing content get you concerned? You weren't concerned when I cased him. Not starting the discussion again, I'm genuinely curious when you started becoming more harsh on him.
I can't elaborate without discussing ongoing but he's been back in town long enough to give good content. He's starting to post more now so we'll see. I'm not lynching him today but I was very concerned he wasn't posting here.

I really gotta go. I'll be back before EoD.
Okay, cool, thanks. :slick:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Marco wrote:

I share similar thoughts. Also, how he only started scumhunting a couple hours ago when the day is coming to an end and he's one of the lynch candidates. From my little experience playing with him, I was expecting more emphasis on his own defence (thought there wasn't much of a case on him) than finding an alternative candidate.
I did state a little over 24 hours ago I'd be AWOL until today. It's not because of pressure, I just wasn't able to fully commit until then.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:
Golden wrote:@zebra - do you see a distinction between 'lurker' and 'not giving us enough content or connection to form any reads'.

I see a distinction, and I think we need to be less comfortable lynching both the former and the latter. At least less comfortable with it being the Day 1 Plan A rather than Plan Z.
In these parts, its never plan anything. Lurkers just don't get lynched.
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

sig wrote:@MP I think you raise some good points, but I still believe it is cultural and I really really dislike Ika saying ppl who have played with him think he is mafia, when he specifically said he wasn't playing his MU meta. I mean I know I change my meta from here to MU, in fact I'm playing more like I would on my home site right now. So I don't like the meta case agaisnt him, espacilly with Ika pushing it. SO I call bullshit on the meta bad thing since while he is playing different then MU nobody here knows his home site meta. It seems opportunistic to do a meta push when so few people actually know his meta. That is the main reason why I don't like his wagon. However, I'd like to see more content from him I'd say if he doesn't improve we lynch him tomorrow.
Apparently, he has already stated that he's not going to put in any effort this game. How does that make you feel about the wagon?
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Your most recent and mostly all of your lynch posts provide little to no thoughts.

Plus tunneling on Sloonei.

Yes you've made other posts, but they are few and I believe your only so active right now in an attempt to turn people off of your wagon and lynch a lurker instead. I think between you and inaword you're more likely to be mafia.

Never watched it, but it does look good.
ImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

MovingPictures07 wrote: Why are you fixating on me being scum? Stop it.
make me.

last game silver was right and i have always trusted her reads over mine
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Alright, folks, I'm exhausted. I'm keeping my vote on IAWY. I was intending on sticking around for EoD, and I may still return, but I still have more studying to do tonight, but before that I need to actually spend some time with my wife because I want to and haven't been doing that enough due to mafiaing so much today and yesterday. So I'm going to do that. See you all later. :beer:
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 244

Post by Dyslexicon »

a2thezebra wrote:I'm not sure where you got that "unlike when I'm scum I will not make things up".I totally make shit up when I'm town, all the time. Where did I say or even imply otherwise? I also don't know where you got "I'm totes town being heroic." Granted, my self-vote was not a breakdown or anything, but I wouldn't call it heroic either. I figured that my mislynch was inevitable so I might as well get it over with and save MP in the process who I strongly believe is town. It's not that complicated and it's certainly not heroic. I also find it very hard to believe that you legitimately take issue with me having no scum reads simply because I'm constantly having disagreements with people. Are you seriously implying that I should read people as scummy just for disagreeing with them? For shame. I also find it laughable that you ask me to vote for another lurker when I've made it abundantly clear that I am against going for lurkers in general, not just because I was among them at the time of Frog's crusade.

Both sig and Golden have used the "you should know better" shtick before on me specifically, so I think it's fair. Sorry if it irks you though.
I got that from you. I'm talking specifically about you saying you would make up scum reads if you were scum:
a2thezebra wrote:I don't have them, and unlike when I'm bad I'm not going to fake having them just to please everyone into not suspecting me.

I gave you five civvie reads, that's all I have. You should know better because your reasons for suspecting me are based on things that you've seen me do before as town more than once.
It is whiteknighting MP. Knights, heros. That is my take on it. And not an unreasonable one at all.

How was it inevitable so many ours before end of day with votes being so close. Like really?

No, I'm not implying that. I'm finding it really hard to believe that you have no scum reads enough to vote someone else than yourself when your discussion with Frog and Golden i.e reads as if you are at least suspecting them a bit.

Then I'm very interested to hear why you voted MM and considered voting INAWORD. No.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Epignosis »

Does the guy with the most votes right now like Yes's second album? Because that would be cool if he did.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

ika wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: Why are you fixating on me being scum? Stop it.
make me.

last game silver was right and i have always trusted her reads over mine
Why do you trust silver's read on someone she has never played with ahead of people who have played with MP a lot?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Alright, folks, I'm exhausted. I'm keeping my vote on IAWY. I was intending on sticking around for EoD, and I may still return, but I still have more studying to do tonight, but before that I need to actually spend some time with my wife because I want to and haven't been doing that enough due to mafiaing so much today and yesterday. So I'm going to do that. See you all later. :beer:
You bean dip motherfucker.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

sig wrote:Your most recent and mostly all of your lynch posts provide little to no thoughts.

Plus tunneling on Sloonei.

Yes you've made other posts, but they are few and I believe your only so active right now in an attempt to turn people off of your wagon and lynch a lurker instead. I think between you and inaword you're more likely to be mafia.

Never watched it, but it does look good.
What's a lynch post?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Oh, shoot, just realized I need to post an updated rainbow. Okay. I'll be back to do that before EoD hopefully, at the least. Alright, bye now!

Oh, and just so you know Epi, the bean dip was tasty. :beer: :p
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Since there are now no votes on MP and I have changed my mind about MM, I'm switching my vote to Silverwolf because her inconsistency regarding Inawordyes is more alarming to me than Long Con's Sloonei vote. As for the wagon on Inawordyes, I'm somewhat on the fence about him, but gun to my head, I would say he is town. I'm not confident enough in that read to vocally oppose the lynch but I am not going to vote for him unless it's to save someone who I more confidently read as civilian.

VOTE SILVERWOLF
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Marco wrote:
sig wrote:@MP I think you raise some good points, but I still believe it is cultural and I really really dislike Ika saying ppl who have played with him think he is mafia, when he specifically said he wasn't playing his MU meta. I mean I know I change my meta from here to MU, in fact I'm playing more like I would on my home site right now. So I don't like the meta case agaisnt him, espacilly with Ika pushing it. SO I call bullshit on the meta bad thing since while he is playing different then MU nobody here knows his home site meta. It seems opportunistic to do a meta push when so few people actually know his meta. That is the main reason why I don't like his wagon. However, I'd like to see more content from him I'd say if he doesn't improve we lynch him tomorrow.
Apparently, he has already stated that he's not going to put in any effort this game. How does that make you feel about the wagon?
I'll look it over, it partly makes me want to lynch him, but at the same time I think it is a more civvie thing to do. I don't want to CFD him though and I think MM looks scummier. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I don't think so.

If he doesn't increase his posting and continues to not care, I'd be fine with lynching him. However, I think the chances of him being scum is weaker then MM.

linki: Posts in which you make a lynch vote. So lynch posts.
ImageImage
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Marco wrote:

I did state a little over 24 hours ago I'd be AWOL until today. It's not because of pressure, I just wasn't able to fully commit until then.
To be fair, this phase had already gone on for 20-30 hours before that. And it's not like I found your absence scummy. Just that when a townie comes in at the end of the phase and sees that he's probably getting lynched, I expect their response to be more urgent about defending themselves and convincing people they shouldn't be lynching him instead of finding a viable alternative for the masses.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

a2thezebra wrote:Again I think this is just you either misunderstanding or misrepresenting what my self-vote meant in the first place. It's not heroic, it's not a breakdown, it was simply a statement that I would prefer to die sooner rather than later if it means saving MP. Of course I'd rather we lynch someone who is neither me nor MP, but at the time that wasn't looking likely. If you would make the former post as any alignment, how are you remotely justified in not liking it because I posted it when you have no idea how much of a troll I can be?
How many hours were left in the day? Why not spend time finding a scum read to make a case on instead of self voting? Looks like gambit scum play, not town play.

And I wasn't justifying it and I'm not going to. I was merely stating my reaction.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I've got my eye on Zebra, her switch reminds me of what Epi did in Turf war with the CFD. He didn't oppose it, but he wasn't agaisnt it.

I can't help, but think that I'm once again defending an inactive scum who is being CFD, however I'm not confident he is mafia and hate CFD espacilly onto lurkers who aren't around.
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Like, can we please lynch Zebra? Please?

- Kisses :cloud9:
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

sig wrote:
Marco wrote:Apparently, he has already stated that he's not going to put in any effort this game. How does that make you feel about the wagon?
I'll look it over, it partly makes me want to lynch him, but at the same time I think it is a more civvie thing to do. I don't want to CFD him though and I think MM looks scummier. Maybe I'm just being paranoid, but I don't think so.

If he doesn't increase his posting and continues to not care, I'd be fine with lynching him. However, I think the chances of him being scum is weaker then MM.
I thought the same thing when Frog informed us of IAWY's intent to slank.

Honestly, I don't have a conclusive scum-read in either of them, but I'm good with either IAWY or MetalMarsh. Though it feels a alight bit dick-ish to suddenly lynch IAWY when he's not around to defend himself.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

a2thezebra wrote: I'm not intending to instigate anyone and, I'm sorry, but I don't feel responsible for any upset feelings when I am literally doing nothing more than playing the game. If I suspect someone for something, I'm going to voice that suspicion. If the suspicion by itself upsets someone, then I'm sorry, but I can't be blamed for that. You shouldn't be playing mafia if you cannot stand to be suspected. I like you two as mafia players but you both have a tendency to get emotional simply for being the target of suspicion, and it's just not healthy in this game.
how about you pm us post game and we talk about it out of the game,i think that will help understand persepctives more without game bias
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

a2thezebra wrote:Since there are now no votes on MP and I have changed my mind about MM, I'm switching my vote to Silverwolf because her inconsistency regarding Inawordyes is more alarming to me than Long Con's Sloonei vote. As for the wagon on Inawordyes, I'm somewhat on the fence about him, but gun to my head, I would say he is town. I'm not confident enough in that read to vocally oppose the lynch but I am not going to vote for him unless it's to save someone who I more confidently read as civilian.

VOTE SILVERWOLF
shes town

did you read her iso? she said it was in there
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I recall reading something about Frog that I didn't care for. Did he come up with a plan for everyone to out themselves when only Mafia know the set up?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but VOTE FROG.

And sober up or get a bigger tolerance. :beer:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Dyslexicon wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I'm not sure where you got that "unlike when I'm scum I will not make things up".I totally make shit up when I'm town, all the time. Where did I say or even imply otherwise? I also don't know where you got "I'm totes town being heroic." Granted, my self-vote was not a breakdown or anything, but I wouldn't call it heroic either. I figured that my mislynch was inevitable so I might as well get it over with and save MP in the process who I strongly believe is town. It's not that complicated and it's certainly not heroic. I also find it very hard to believe that you legitimately take issue with me having no scum reads simply because I'm constantly having disagreements with people. Are you seriously implying that I should read people as scummy just for disagreeing with them? For shame. I also find it laughable that you ask me to vote for another lurker when I've made it abundantly clear that I am against going for lurkers in general, not just because I was among them at the time of Frog's crusade.

Both sig and Golden have used the "you should know better" shtick before on me specifically, so I think it's fair. Sorry if it irks you though.
I got that from you. I'm talking specifically about you saying you would make up scum reads if you were scum:
a2thezebra wrote:I don't have them, and unlike when I'm bad I'm not going to fake having them just to please everyone into not suspecting me.

I gave you five civvie reads, that's all I have. You should know better because your reasons for suspecting me are based on things that you've seen me do before as town more than once.
I wasn't saying that to imply that I never make anything up when I'm good, only that for this particular game I see no reason to lie about having reads that I don't have.

It is whiteknighting MP. Knights, heros. That is my take on it. And not an unreasonable one at all.

At the time he was the leading lynch and I had a very strong town read of him. You're damn right it is whiteknighting him.

How was it inevitable so many ours before end of day with votes being so close. Like really?

I'm not referring to the day, I'm referring to the game. I still think my lynch is inevitable, even with more and more town-reading me. With this many newcomers such as yourself that are unaccustomed to my theatrics, I'm bound to get lynched at some point.

No, I'm not implying that. I'm finding it really hard to believe that you have no scum reads enough to vote someone else than yourself when your discussion with Frog and Golden i.e reads as if you are at least suspecting them a bit.

I did not suspect either Frog and Golden. I was initially pinged my Frog, but I needed time to meditate on him to conclude whether I saw him as baddie-motivated, and I concluded that he was not. Where in my discussion with either of them did you get the idea that I was suspecting them?

Then I'm very interested to hear why you voted MM and considered voting INAWORD. No.
I voted for MM because I suspected MM for his Sloonei vote. I don't think I have yet to consider voting for IAWY apart from the scenario where I vote for him to save someone I am more confident about.
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

@Dyslexicon, I can see how a2thezebra's self-vote looks like a gambit but from what people have informed me about her meta, she's prone to theatrical displays for things she believes in (like "don't push lurkers" or "I will sacrifice myself for my town-read").
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Dyslexicon wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Again I think this is just you either misunderstanding or misrepresenting what my self-vote meant in the first place. It's not heroic, it's not a breakdown, it was simply a statement that I would prefer to die sooner rather than later if it means saving MP. Of course I'd rather we lynch someone who is neither me nor MP, but at the time that wasn't looking likely. If you would make the former post as any alignment, how are you remotely justified in not liking it because I posted it when you have no idea how much of a troll I can be?
How many hours were left in the day? Why not spend time finding a scum read to make a case on instead of self voting? Looks like gambit scum play, not town play.

And I wasn't justifying it and I'm not going to. I was merely stating my reaction.
I don't know how many hours were left in the day and I didn't care because to me everyone's minds seemed already made up that both MP and myself were bad, and I figured I could at least save one of us by prolonging MP's life enough to convince others that he is in fact not a baddie. Why would I fabricate suspecting someone to avoid a self-vote when my self-vote was perfectly warranted from my perspective?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Dyslexicon wrote:Like, can we please lynch Zebra? Please?

- Kisses :cloud9:
Asking nicely is about as persuasive as your gambit theory. As in, not very persuasive. Whether you know me or you don't.
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Epignosis wrote:I recall reading something about Frog that I didn't care for. Did he come up with a plan for everyone to out themselves when only Mafia know the set up?

His plan was actually a little more than that. He was suggesting everyone to hypo-claim all the possible roles in the setup. It's still only a pro-town strategy in a couple of the setups, and anti-town in some, so, until we have a better idea of the setup, we should not do it. But I wouldn't be against it down the line when we know what setup we're in.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

ika wrote:
a2thezebra wrote: I'm not intending to instigate anyone and, I'm sorry, but I don't feel responsible for any upset feelings when I am literally doing nothing more than playing the game. If I suspect someone for something, I'm going to voice that suspicion. If the suspicion by itself upsets someone, then I'm sorry, but I can't be blamed for that. You shouldn't be playing mafia if you cannot stand to be suspected. I like you two as mafia players but you both have a tendency to get emotional simply for being the target of suspicion, and it's just not healthy in this game.
how about you pm us post game and we talk about it out of the game,i think that will help understand persepctives more without game bias
That works for me if it works for you.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

a2thezebra wrote:
ika wrote:
That works for me if it works for you.
it works for me cus i feel like a lot of my personal frustraion comes from game bias,

this offer is extended to everyone in the game playing or not
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

ika wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Since there are now no votes on MP and I have changed my mind about MM, I'm switching my vote to Silverwolf because her inconsistency regarding Inawordyes is more alarming to me than Long Con's Sloonei vote. As for the wagon on Inawordyes, I'm somewhat on the fence about him, but gun to my head, I would say he is town. I'm not confident enough in that read to vocally oppose the lynch but I am not going to vote for him unless it's to save someone who I more confidently read as civilian.

VOTE SILVERWOLF
shes town

did you read her iso? she said it was in there
I read her ISO. It didn't help wash away the inconsistency that I perceive her to have, it only made it more clear to me that her read of IAWY is a fabrication. I can't see what town motivation she would have for fabricating a read of someone who she currently has a vote for near end of day.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Marco wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I recall reading something about Frog that I didn't care for. Did he come up with a plan for everyone to out themselves when only Mafia know the set up?

His plan was actually a little more than that. He was suggesting everyone to hypo-claim all the possible roles in the setup. It's still only a pro-town strategy in a couple of the setups, and anti-town in some, so, until we have a better idea of the setup, we should not do it. But I wouldn't be against it down the line when we know what setup we're in.
Define please.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

a2thezebra wrote:This isn't an unreasonable suspicion, but you still don't get that it wasn't really a sacrifice in my view since I figured that I would be mislynched anyway. I still think that to an extent, although there are a lot more people town-reading me now then there were before.
You still think that. You had 0 or 1 votes at you in this post, or what? Rawr. So much rawr. Do you have a read on sig?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I'm doing this because I feel like it, and because the concept of who is an 'easy lynch' is getting thrown around.

My perception of syndicate regulars playing this game, in terms of how easy a lynch they are, from easiest to hardest.

Sig
MP
MM
zebra
sloonei
DrWilgy
golden
Epignosis

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”