Mafia Championship Scrimmage [END]

sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 237

Re: Mafia Championship Scrimmage

Post by sig »

I really dislike Soneji's two posts. He came in seemed to make some so he wouldn't be lurking and voted Frog. I think he voted on weak reasoning and jjust wanted to throw out a vote which really wouldn't create any waves and avoided all the major wagons.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

So how about a counterwagon onto Soneji? Now that he has made a less then inspiring entrance.
ImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The Day 1 deadline is in 1 hour and 38 minutes at precisely 10:00 PM Eastern US/Canada time.

I will accept votes at 10:00 but not at 10:01. All votes must be cast in the thread and in the poll. Please try to capitalize all votes AND use the large font size.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 244

Post by Dyslexicon »

Wait, sig scum read Zebra. I was not prepared for this. *has a flail* :omg:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

VOTE INAWORDYES

I will vote for him to save myself anyway, so I'm going ahead and doing it now for those who didn't realize it would happen.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Hey everyone please look over Soneji's posts and tell me what you think. I don't like them at all, and I don't like his vote. Or the fact he hasn't posted again.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Dyslexicon wrote:Wait, sig scum read Zebra. I was not prepared for this. *has a flail* :omg:
Why?
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

sig wrote:So how about a counterwagon onto Soneji? Now that he has made a less then inspiring entrance.
Why?

You hate CFD's why should we lynch Soneji at this moment?

Linki: why don't you like them?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

sig wrote:I really dislike Soneji's two posts. He came in seemed to make some so he wouldn't be lurking and voted Frog. I think he voted on weak reasoning and jjust wanted to throw out a vote which really wouldn't create any waves and avoided all the major wagons.
Maybe I like you. Maybe I like this. Now I feel more like myself at every end of day 1.

:omg: :omg: :omg:
Marco
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 210

Post by Marco »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Marco wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Marco wrote:After some thought, I'm going with MetalMarsh. It feels like he has stopped engaging once the IAWY wagon overtook him.

VOTE METALMARSH89
You have very difficult standards of engagement and/or timing to meet.

I made a case. I got a pat on the back from Golden, MP, and zebra with a "Good job, that's much better" and people moved off to other things.

I still want to lynch Sloonei today. He falls into that category of lurkers/low-participants, even if he doesn't want to. I don't think anyone else has been ready to acknowledge that either.
I don't think it's all that difficult. You were away for a majority of the day and were not indicating you'll be around for EOD. And then you didn't respond to my post and looked like disappeared after IAWY wagon overtook you.
My point is that I disappear for an hour to do other things, and come back to find I'm being accused of "having stopped engaging".

I feel that my "engagements" have been overlooked anyway. You yourself haven't commented on them, but only the after-the-fact behavior.
I wasn't wrong. You had stopped engaging. And you never responded to my post before you went away. Either way, I don't see how expecting you to be available at EOD is a difficult standard. Anyway, you're here now.

I don't think I overlooked your engagement. I already pointed out why I found your behavior scummy. As for your primary contribution this phase: I, personally, don't have a conclusive read on Sloonei, and your case wasn't convincing to me. In fact, I felt that your focus on finding an alternative lynch was not a very townie reaction. Everyone has different meta, of course, but I would have expected you to focus a little more on why the lynch on you is wrong.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

sig wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:Wait, sig scum read Zebra. I was not prepared for this. *has a flail* :omg:
Why?
I was having you two as a semi likely team, but I didn't remember you had her as top scum read with vote and all. I've been meaning to ISO you for the longest time, but I haven't, just checked the vote thing.
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
sig wrote:So how about a counterwagon onto Soneji? Now that he has made a less then inspiring entrance.
Why?

I do hate CFD's yes however, I'm fighting agaisnt a CFD which I believe is being used to save a baddie teammate. I know I"m not mafia so this is a slightly better CFD.

It seemed like he made some posts to appear and not be lurking, yet really didn't say anything that much. I also really disliked his vote and the fact he hasn't posted again since appearing or mention any of the big wagons and things going on.
ImageImage
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

sig wrote:Hey everyone please look over Soneji's posts and tell me what you think. I don't like them at all, and I don't like his vote. Or the fact he hasn't posted again.
It's very characteristic of him. He'll generally make very few posts Day 1 with some things that pique his interest. Also, he looks to be still catching up and early in the thread, which explains the vote to me. I would be interested if he would still keep his vote on Frog after catching up completely.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I really just want to lynch Zebra. In case anyone wondered.

Frog
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 194

Post by Frog »

Soneji wrote:
Frog wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Frog wrote:For now

Vote: Metalmarshmellow89
This vote is weak.
Why is it weak? What vote is strong in your opinion and why?

I would think any non voter is weak IMO. Where there exists no pressure on slankers, we're screwing up.

I believe you to be villager (either derp or lynch baiting me, w/e)

USERNAME POSTS
Golden 53
Marco 43
Sloonei 41
Frog 34
Dyslexicon 27
Silverwolf 25
sig 20
Zexy 20

JaggedJimmyJay 14
MovingPictures07 13
ika 11
Long Con 11
Inawordyes 10

DrWilgy 4
Metalmarsh89 4
a2thezebra 3
Psittaciform 2

Straight up, this is how I see today.

I'm pretty much only going to be voting for Dr Wigly, Metalmarsh, a2thezebra, or Psittaciform

[I was trying to lynch bait Zexy earlier, pretty sure Zexy randed Town, just wanted to see who would hop on that opening.]

My vote on Metalmarsh has to do with a complete non-game solvey style.

In case you actually need references to his quotes, tell me how right I am and then vote with me.
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... 8&sr=posts
So you go from strong pressuring of people for actual potential scum tells to...being determined to lynch inactives? When there was almost two days left in the phase when this was posted?

VOTE FROG
Dyslexicon wrote:
Frog wrote:However- going to have to agree with you. Ore flip associations are usually lol. But let the ENTP in me lay out all of the tinfoils anyway!!!
You're ENTP? You should join PersonalityCafe lol \o/
I should maybe try playing there. If the people there have a deeper understanding of my mindset then they're potentially less likely to misjudge me as can be the case on my home site. INTP myself, though I got INTJ until recently.
MovingPictures07 wrote: SLOONEJI STRIKES AGAIN!
I can't say I'm not tempted to join every game Sloonei does to further the legend of Slooneji.
/derp
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Marco wrote:I wasn't wrong. You had stopped engaging. And you never responded to my post before you went away. Either way, I don't see how expecting you to be available at EOD is a difficult standard. Anyway, you're here now.

I don't think I overlooked your engagement. I already pointed out why I found your behavior scummy. As for your primary contribution this phase: I, personally, don't have a conclusive read on Sloonei, and your case wasn't convincing to me. In fact, I felt that your focus on finding an alternative lynch was not a very townie reaction. Everyone has different meta, of course, but I would have expected you to focus a little more on why the lynch on you is wrong.
It didn't occur to me that I might actually be lynched until 20 minutes ago or so. But on the other hand, I don't like to act rashly (though I admit I do sometimes anyway), so if I don't seem "urgent" to you, that would be why.

But I am disappointed in the situation, yes.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Soneji »

sig wrote:I really dislike Soneji's two posts. He came in seemed to make some so he wouldn't be lurking and voted Frog. I think he voted on weak reasoning and jjust wanted to throw out a vote which really wouldn't create any waves and avoided all the major wagons.
sig wrote:Hey everyone please look over Soneji's posts and tell me what you think. I don't like them at all, and I don't like his vote. Or the fact he hasn't posted again.
If you're mafia then this is one of the most pathetically desperate attempts at a counterwagon I've ever seen. I am reading through the thread, giving my reads in my customary manner. You could at least try to point out what is flawed in my reasoning, why those flaws make me scummy and what is weak about my Frog vote.

You're really impatient and blatantly ignoring the fact that I'm going through the thread(which should be obvious). You're ready to piss your pants with how excited you are at creating a CFD.

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Epignosis »

Based on the most recent exchange and without 35 pages of context, I would say one of Soneji and sig are bad.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Frog wrote:
Soneji wrote:
Frog wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Frog wrote:For now

Vote: Metalmarshmellow89
This vote is weak.
Why is it weak? What vote is strong in your opinion and why?

I would think any non voter is weak IMO. Where there exists no pressure on slankers, we're screwing up.

I believe you to be villager (either derp or lynch baiting me, w/e)

USERNAME POSTS
Golden 53
Marco 43
Sloonei 41
Frog 34
Dyslexicon 27
Silverwolf 25
sig 20
Zexy 20

JaggedJimmyJay 14
MovingPictures07 13
ika 11
Long Con 11
Inawordyes 10

DrWilgy 4
Metalmarsh89 4
a2thezebra 3
Psittaciform 2

Straight up, this is how I see today.

I'm pretty much only going to be voting for Dr Wigly, Metalmarsh, a2thezebra, or Psittaciform

[I was trying to lynch bait Zexy earlier, pretty sure Zexy randed Town, just wanted to see who would hop on that opening.]

My vote on Metalmarsh has to do with a complete non-game solvey style.

In case you actually need references to his quotes, tell me how right I am and then vote with me.
http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/search ... 8&sr=posts
So you go from strong pressuring of people for actual potential scum tells to...being determined to lynch inactives? When there was almost two days left in the phase when this was posted?

VOTE FROG
Dyslexicon wrote:
Frog wrote:However- going to have to agree with you. Ore flip associations are usually lol. But let the ENTP in me lay out all of the tinfoils anyway!!!
You're ENTP? You should join PersonalityCafe lol \o/
I should maybe try playing there. If the people there have a deeper understanding of my mindset then they're potentially less likely to misjudge me as can be the case on my home site. INTP myself, though I got INTJ until recently.
MovingPictures07 wrote: SLOONEJI STRIKES AGAIN!
I can't say I'm not tempted to join every game Sloonei does to further the legend of Slooneji.
/derp
Being condescending doesn't make you good. We truly do have the Absolute Justice of this game, before he calmed down and stopped being a toxic presence regardless of his alignment.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

sig wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Why?

I do hate CFD's yes however, I'm fighting agaisnt a CFD which I believe is being used to save a baddie teammate. I know I"m not mafia so this is a slightly better CFD.

It seemed like he made some posts to appear and not be lurking, yet really didn't say anything that much. I also really disliked his vote and the fact he hasn't posted again since appearing or mention any of the big wagons and things going on.
Objectively, he's at least branched out more than I have. :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Marco wrote:I wasn't wrong. You had stopped engaging. And you never responded to my post before you went away. Either way, I don't see how expecting you to be available at EOD is a difficult standard. Anyway, you're here now.

It didn't occur to me that I might actually be lynched until 20 minutes ago or so. But on the other hand, I don't like to act rashly (though I admit I do sometimes anyway), so if I don't seem "urgent" to you, that would be why.

How come? You and MP were leading in votes. And then you tried to get a wagon started on Sloonei? Did that have nothing to do with the wagon on you?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I also noticed in my pop ins that ika and Silverwolf have followed each other all over the board in votes. Is that a correct assessment?
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

sig wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Why?

In regards to avoiding major wagons, you mean the sole two that have more than a couple votes? Why should I exactly care to be voting for either, rather than the person I personally suspect the most at this moment?

Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Soneji wrote:
sig wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Why?

In regards to avoiding major wagons, you mean the sole two that have more than a couple votes? Why should I exactly care to be voting for either, rather than the person I personally suspect the most at this moment?
In my opinion, you can make your suspicions well known without needing to waste your vote. Even though you might not have a strong feeling towards any of the major wagons, at least voting among them gives you some agency over town's greatest weapon, the lynch, and also helps the rest of the people in reading you.
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Can someone tell me how much time we have exactly?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Marco wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

How come? You and MP were leading in votes. And then you tried to get a wagon started on Sloonei? Did that have nothing to do with the wagon on you?
I'm not really sure to be honest. But from the general feel I had of the game at the time, the table was still wide open. MP had several votes, but he still had people defending him (namely zebra), and he put the time into ISOing players to dispel that suspicion (I'm still waiting to hear where those votes went). I also had a few votes, but the votes were for acclaimed placeholder votes until I was able to participate. It felt like pressure, which did dissipate.

I couldn't tell you why the votes came back though. I'm at a loss there.

Linki: We have about 1 hour and 20 minutes.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 99
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

I have 80 minutes to play some mafia. I'm not reading the thread, but somebody tell me what's going on and why I should vote for people.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote:I have 80 minutes to play some mafia. I'm not reading the thread, but somebody tell me what's going on and why I should vote for people.
You're my top scumread, but don't vote for me please.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 217

Post by ika »

Sloonei wrote:I have 80 minutes to play some mafia. I'm not reading the thread, but somebody tell me what's going on and why I should vote for people.
vote Inawordyes then sloonie
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

When I was leaving a couple hours ago I noticed that Metalmarsh had started up a case against me, and that this coincided with him being a leader in the poll. Where are we on this?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

for the lols
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Why and why not?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Frog wrote:
for the lols
VOTE FROG LOL
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Soneji »

Marco wrote:
Soneji wrote:
sig wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Why?

In my opinion, you can make your suspicions well known without needing to waste your vote. Even though you might not have a strong feeling towards any of the major wagons, at least voting among them gives you some agency over town's greatest weapon, the lynch, and also helps the rest of the people in reading you.
Yet, considering the time left, my lynch choice was and is still able to garner enough votes to be the actual person lynched. I have still yet to get to where the MM suspicion starts, might just ISO him if I don't get there in time. IAWY I have already been pinged by so in the case of choosing between the two as of now, it would be him.

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Why and why not?
Because I'm a civilian, and I can dance for you. :workit:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

You should vote for Zebra. Sheep me, please. <3

The why is in my ISO.
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

Sloonei wrote:
Frog wrote:
for the lols
VOTE FROG LOL
loooool
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Whoa, how did I actually manage to double vote for Frog?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Frog, how do you like these OMGUS votes? :P

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Silverwolf »

Why would you want to start a cw? Is IAWY that strong town to you? And why not give Sonjei time to catch up?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Epignosis wrote:I also noticed in my pop ins that ika and Silverwolf have followed each other all over the board in votes. Is that a correct assessment?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote:Whoa, how did I actually manage to double vote for Frog?
Slooneji strikes again!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Why and why not?
lynch this. there are no "civilian"
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Also, what do we get out of lynching INAWORD? If he's scum, then yay, we get scum so that's good. But if he's town we don't really get anything.

Don't really think MM is scum (haven't read all his posts though).
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Epignosis wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I also noticed in my pop ins that ika and Silverwolf have followed each other all over the board in votes. Is that a correct assessment?
I have no idea, but that wouldn't surprise me either.

What do you think about this if it is true?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Frog wrote:lynch this. there are no "civilian"
That's what they call themselves here. A bunch of people have said it, or called it civ.

Vote Zebra
- Kisses :cloud9:
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Frog wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Why and why not?
lynch this. there are no "civilian"
You're right, I'm actually a marmot!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
I have no idea, but that wouldn't surprise me either.

What do you think about this if it is true?
Nothing yet. I don't want Silverwolf to all caps my ass.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Why and why not?
Why am I your top scum read?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 217

Post by ika »

Dyslexicon wrote:Also, what do we get out of lynching INAWORD? If he's scum, then yay, we get scum so that's good. But if he's town we don't really get anything.

Don't really think MM is scum (haven't read all his posts though).
we remove someone whos doing jack shit in a game

i will 100% persue someone not posting then someone posting.

jsut join us plz we can do zebra tommorw

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”