Re: Mafia Championship Scrimmage

Post by Golden »

VOTE: FROG

Time to make this interesting.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 244

Post by Dyslexicon »

Marco wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
ika wrote:if your willing to take a bet i might answer
I don't care about your bet. Sure. Yes. No. Fine, whatever, tell me. How sure are you based on what?
It's just his read. He can't actually have concrete knowledge.
He can't? :mafia:
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote:I don't have time to play this game, so instead of trying to read everything I just asked the thread to throw ideas at me and I'd react to them. I am doing the same thing right now, so if you like these posts better than those ones then I guess that could explain why you're misreading me. Or you're bad and you're just trying to spin things against me. ika threw a name at me and I asked him to explain why. Frog gave me four names with a bit of an explanation behind them, so I responded to his suggestion. Just because I have or had a scum read on him does not mean I should assume he's scum. He gave me a suggestion and I followed it. zebra was the name I liked best so I moved my vote there.

I am not putting responsibility on others, I am only asking for their help so that I can make informed decisions.
Frog didn't give you an explanation for any of them. You researched the four names and provided explanations yourself. That was my point.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Frog
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 194

Post by Frog »

Epignosis wrote:Back a moment.

I think Frog is using the drinking as a maneuver. He's overplaying it. He's reminding us that he was drunk, reminding us that he's got a hangover- to what end? It's not as if getting a hangover is a noteworthy achievement, and so I don't see why that should impair your ability to participate. If you have a headache, go lie down. If you think you can push through the headache, push through.

But don't keep harping on how drunk you got and how much of a hangover you have now. Only bea does that, and she sticks to the former like a trooper. :slick:

Ah, but what do I know about drinking? I only have a snifter of brandy around the holidays. ;)
Lol - I was stating my current states so you'd know how to play off me. I honestly don't remember much of what I posted yesterday, I was quite drunk, but in the spirit of drunken honesty, I should have shown to have been pure.

I'm hungover but I forced myself to wake up because I know I had to be here for EOD so we can make lynch decisions. I'm not in a state to lead, but I'll sheep my top town reads.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 237

Post by sig »

@Golden yes it was rather stupid, however I was trying to provide an alternative to the inaword and MM lynch. I believe just like I believed last game that this is a scum driven CFD away from the mafia member. SO I might have been wrong last game about the CFD however, I'm confident this game that I'm not wrong and that this CFD is actually mafia driven and fake. Plus I really dislike Silver's thoughts on Soneji.

Do I like CFDs? No
However, if we are to CFD I'd want it to be one someone who I think is mafia and there is a larger chance he is mafia then inaword.

Though I do dislike that he was on early yet didn't say anything or switch his vote. Which also adds to my MM/him theory. Though I doubt it is the case since I don't think he is mafia.

linki: Yes Silver I did in fact you said I answered them and they made you feel better about me so what are you playing at?
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Epignosis »

Frog wrote:More aggro plox. You're giving me increasingly better night cover :-D
Is that a brand of liver medication? I hope so.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 99
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Marco wrote:
Sloonei wrote:Ultimately you're shoving a false narrative that straddles every side. I don't like it.
For instance, here he is saying exactly what I just said about him. Frog's case against Marco and I at this time, and he can add any points that I'm missing if he wants, was that Marco and I were working together because Marco responded to sig when sig misunderstood something I said. Based on that, Frog made up a relationship between Marco and I which I'm still confused about. He clung to it and dragged us both through the mud. We kept trying to explain this to him, and yet he accuses us of "discrediting my content based on fallacious logic, often times side stepping my points entirely." And he never addressed any of the things I said about him.
Frog moved on from us long ago. Both of us are his town reads now.[/quote]Yes, but this was still a thing that happened early in the game. His behavior during that whole exchange did not feel genuine to me.
It's also all I have to go off of right now. I haven't read anything after that except for the bits where I've been present in the thread.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 217

Post by ika »

the tied voting is real....
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

ika wrote:delex the reason is due to experince, i have been playing for 4 years and just about every times (maybe like a handfull of games out of the 1000s of games i have played) have the scums always been acitve, there is about 90% scums in lurk so im doing this based on experince
I've played for a long time too. And I see this as basically being a random lynch. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't want your vote if he flips town though.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I don't have time to play this game, so instead of trying to read everything I just asked the thread to throw ideas at me and I'd react to them. I am doing the same thing right now, so if you like these posts better than those ones then I guess that could explain why you're misreading me. Or you're bad and you're just trying to spin things against me. ika threw a name at me and I asked him to explain why. Frog gave me four names with a bit of an explanation behind them, so I responded to his suggestion. Just because I have or had a scum read on him does not mean I should assume he's scum. He gave me a suggestion and I followed it. zebra was the name I liked best so I moved my vote there.

I am not putting responsibility on others, I am only asking for their help so that I can make informed decisions.
Frog didn't give you an explanation for any of them. You researched the four names and provided explanations yourself. That was my point.
MP also has a much longer post history than the other 4. Time is a factor here.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Unless you asked more questions later and I missed them.
ImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Dyslexicon wrote:
ika wrote:delex the reason is due to experince, i have been playing for 4 years and just about every times (maybe like a handfull of games out of the 1000s of games i have played) have the scums always been acitve, there is about 90% scums in lurk so im doing this based on experince
I've played for a long time too. And I see this as basically being a random lynch. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't want your vote if he flips town though.
and if he flips scum i get yours.

(and if someone else gets lyncht shi deal is nulled, im fair like that)
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

what did inawordyes do?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Why are we not bandwagoning sig? It's Day 1, people.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 152

Post by Silverwolf »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I also noticed in my pop ins that ika and Silverwolf have followed each other all over the board in votes. Is that a correct assessment?
I have no idea, but that wouldn't surprise me either.

What do you think about this if it is true?
Nothing yet. I don't want Silverwolf to all caps my ass.
ika will probably lowercase your ass, so you're fine. :P
Ahahahahahah
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Sloonei wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

MP also has a much longer post history than the other 4. Time is a factor here.
Touche.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 528

Post by Golden »

sig wrote:Do I like CFDs? No
However, if we are to CFD I'd want it to be one someone who I think is mafia and there is a larger chance he is mafia then inaword.
Well, in this you are ignoring the fact that in Turf Wars, the CFD happened because a bunch of people didn't like the candidates on the table and we thought there was a better chance of Fuzz being mafia than the two candidates who were on the table.

It's not like anyone said 'a CFD would be fun, why not?' Of course it is only a good tactic if you don't want any of the existing candidates lynched.

Similarly, I wouldn't have just made a three way tie if I felt any of the three candidates were people I felt strongly about not lynching. In Champs, I didn't like a big tie because I felt strongly that two of the candidates were town. It all comes down to how you feel about the people on the block, ultimately.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Sloonei wrote:Why are we not bandwagoning sig? It's Day 1, people.
CFD! CFD! CFD! CFD! CFD! CFD!
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

i just noticed there no tie break mecnahinc....

or did i miss that
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Sloonei wrote:what did inawordyes do?
He's got a meta of being a strong town player but came in and vote parked Soneji who hadn't posted anything, and shows a distinct lack of curiosity about the game or doing any scumhunting or game solving, has said he's not gonna do anything, and has had a very nervous tone to his posts. This is preferable to a Metalmarsh lynch to me and let's be honest, it looks like it's gonna be one of those.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

ika wrote:i just noticed there no tie break mecnahinc....

or did i miss that
Of course there is...

It's called seeing who bends first :p
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Golden wrote:
Well, in this you are ignoring the fact that in Turf Wars, the CFD happened because a bunch of people didn't like the candidates on the table and we thought there was a better chance of Fuzz being mafia than the two candidates who were on the table.

It's not like anyone said 'a CFD would be fun, why not?' Of course it is only a good tactic if you don't want any of the existing candidates lynched.

Similarly, I wouldn't have just made a three way tie if I felt any of the three candidates were people I felt strongly about not lynching. In Champs, I didn't like a big tie because I felt strongly that two of the candidates were town. It all comes down to how you feel about the people on the block, ultimately.
The bittersweet reality of that CFD was that we also had a perhaps better scum lynch caught in that threeway tie in Epi. :(
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

I'm assuming one ties it's randomized.

I'm pretty confident at least one of my voters is giving me night cover, Marshmellow should be the lynch in a few minutes
Marco
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 210

Post by Marco »

There should be a sudden death. Whoever gets the next vote dies (only fresh votes allowed).
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Golden wrote:

or did i miss that
Of course there is...

gold what would you do if i changed my vote at last minuite to go "SCREW THIS"
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

or did i miss that
It might not matter.

I'm voting Frog if things stay like this. But I honestly doubt they will.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Silverwolf wrote:
Sloonei wrote:what did inawordyes do?
He's got a meta of being a strong town player but came in and vote parked Soneji who hadn't posted anything, and shows a distinct lack of curiosity about the game or doing any scumhunting or game solving, has said he's not gonna do anything, and has had a very nervous tone to his posts. This is preferable to a Metalmarsh lynch to me and let's be honest, it looks like it's gonna be one of those.
I'll have a look.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Soneji »

sig wrote:@Golden yes it was rather stupid, however I was trying to provide an alternative to the inaword and MM lynch. I believe just like I believed last game that this is a scum driven CFD away from the mafia member. SO I might have been wrong last game about the CFD however, I'm confident this game that I'm not wrong and that this CFD is actually mafia driven and fake. Plus I really dislike Silver's thoughts on Soneji.
?
Silver hasn't given any thoughts on me sig. All she has said when mentioning my name is in relation to my activity, IAWY's RVS on me and asking you why you're reluctant on giving me time to catch up. She has offered no opinion on my actual reads.

You're making a connection out of basically nothing.

Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I was talking champs. But yeah, Turf Wars lol. Oh well.

@ika - what I would do next would depend on what the lynchee flipped.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

ika wrote:
Golden wrote:

or did i miss that
Of course there is...

gold what would you do if i changed my vote at last minuite to go "SCREW THIS"
Who would you change it to?
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:

or did i miss that
It might not matter.

I'm voting Frog if things stay like this. But I honestly doubt they will.
trust me if it reaches 10 and still tied i will change jsut to go "HAHAHAH" to everyone

pedti: its MM or frog. take a guess ( i need amusemtn for my last bit)
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

I've lost so much sleep due to mafia over the years. Reading up on this if I'm alive D2 will be a pain. I must be a masochist.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Soneji wrote:
sig wrote:@Golden yes it was rather stupid, however I was trying to provide an alternative to the inaword and MM lynch. I believe just like I believed last game that this is a scum driven CFD away from the mafia member. SO I might have been wrong last game about the CFD however, I'm confident this game that I'm not wrong and that this CFD is actually mafia driven and fake. Plus I really dislike Silver's thoughts on Soneji.
?
Silver hasn't given any thoughts on me sig. All she has said when mentioning my name is in relation to my activity, IAWY's RVS on me and asking you why you're reluctant on giving me time to catch up. She has offered no opinion on my actual reads.

You're making a connection out of basically nothing.
Wait what?

@sig-quote my thoughts on Soneji you don't like, I'm liking you less and less as I try to catch up as quickly as I can
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Dyslexicon wrote:I've lost so much sleep due to mafia over the years. Reading up on this if I'm alive D2 will be a pain. I must be a masochist.
you could ask the scums to kill you very nicely?

who knows maybe they will do it
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 32

Post by Epignosis »

Frog, you had one vote when I came in.

Witness my power.

:epig:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

VOTE FROG

I'm switching now. Now let's see what happens. :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

MM shout you changed vote!

pedit there we go
Frog
Stool Pigeon

Post by Frog »

To the people seriously voting me,

My early game was aggro across the board for reaction testing. I answered everyone's questions early game 0_o

I identified town reads by fighting with them and seeing how they react.

I was the first to post a full rainbow list.

I suggested the gamed strategy of hypoclaiming.

I suggested the strategy to straddle the slankers on wagons.

I've developed and drove content and strategies with a mountain of posts.

Anyone towns seriously voting me need to reevaluate their play.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The Day 1 deadline is in 11 minutes at precisely 10:00 PM Eastern US/Canada time.

I will accept votes at 10:00 but not at 10:01. All votes must be cast in the thread and in the poll. Please try to capitalize all votes AND use the large font size.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

I should switch back to IAWY :p
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Epignosis wrote:Frog, you had one vote when I came in.

Witness my power.

:epig:
you didnt do much honestly epi ppl were suspecting him all day 1

pedti: do it golden. we can all play musical votes
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:I should switch back to IAWY :p
Don't plz

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Hush you.
Sloonei wrote:
Golden wrote:

The bittersweet reality of that CFD was that we also had a perhaps better scum lynch caught in that threeway tie in Epi. :(
AND guess what I WAS RIGHT ABOUT EPI! :P
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

ika wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:I've lost so much sleep due to mafia over the years. Reading up on this if I'm alive D2 will be a pain. I must be a masochist.
you could ask the scums to kill you very nicely?

who knows maybe they will do it
That would help the work that is piling up here.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Inawordyes wrote:
Marco wrote:Thanks. That's perfect.

Unvote
Ooh, okay. So I'm gonna go ahead and poke Frog since I know him from MU games. Heyo! How are you? WHY ARE YOU MAFIA?!?!? *cough* Ahem,I mean, "would it possible in any sort of context unique to both this world and any potential alternate realities that you could inform our inquiring minds just as to the current state of this fine game as perceived from your self and, potentially, a hint as to the true nature of where your alignments lie, to which you could also potentially be lying to us with a bold face and would need to understandably be punished? :biggrin:

VOTE FROG
This feels like an overeager attempt to make their presence felt in the game early.
Inawordyes wrote:
Frog wrote:
Zexy wrote:So, sig: what is TS? What do you think of Sloonei’s push on you? You defended, but what does that mean in regards to his alignment?

I disagree on the fake claiming part because in MU there actually a power role cover system where everybody claims all the roles so that the real ones get to “naturally” throw their real results in without standing out too much. And others fakeclaim to draw NKs.
Zexy is towny as flip.

Zexy + Sig = Town

Marco + Sloonei = scum teamish - On page 2 Marco randomly defends Sloonei. Lol. Obv slip is obvious.
The biggest test of a baddie team claim is if one of them would still be scummy enough to be a baddie if you lynch the other and they flip goodie. It sounds like Marco would fail that test if you only think he's a baddie for defending Sloonei, so I'm inclined to think that would make him a goodie.

The logic probably doesn't hold though haha, and that's fine!
And this post just seems like a weak assessment with a batch of waffles at the bottom.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Frog wrote:I've developed and drove content and strategies with a mountain of posts.
You've pushed the concept that high posting = town and now you want to benefit from that?

You can't self define what town looks like and then claim obvi-town because you fit into your self-described criteria. You are far too focussed on what 'town looks like' for my liking.
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Don't plz
DO IT GOLDEN ITS MUSICAL VOTES!
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

Do I like CFDs? No

Though I do dislike that he was on early yet didn't say anything or switch his vote. Which also adds to my MM/him theory. Though I doubt it is the case since I don't think he is mafia.

linki: Yes Silver I did in fact you said I answered them and they made you feel better about me so what are you playing at?
No you didn't answer my questions about why you want to start a cw on IAWY when you quoted me and asked if I was joking. I'm not BTW.
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

sig wrote:
Hush you.
Sloonei wrote:
Golden wrote:

AND guess what I WAS RIGHT ABOUT EPI! :P
Three of my early scum reads were Mongoose, Epi, and ika but then I dropped all of them after we lynched Fuzz to go after you and Quin instead. :(
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Don't plz
I won't. I've tinfoiled myself into a Frog vote. I think it will be informative.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”