Mafia Championship Scrimmage [END]

Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 244

Re: Mafia Championship Scrimmage

Post by Dyslexicon »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I put a smiley in the post because I was joking. I explained it again to Golden later that I was teasing him.

But yes, I have seen Golden scumslip before. It is a rare and amazing phenomenon.
Really? That emoji wasn't enough to convey to me that you were joking in any case. Especially considering your attitude towards Golden overall.

We do not joke about scum slips. Mafia is serious business. :p *is up at 4am and should really be doing a bunch of other things*
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

sig wrote:I like this list, I'd bump sloonie up to null though. I believe Dizzy is town.
I like how I'm town once I agree more with your reads lol.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

sig wrote:and I've responded to his question yet he still hasn't changed his vote.
Yeah well, you're just going to have to deal with it man.

I asked you several hours ago, and it appears you had just left your computer. But you didn't respond to it during your catchup, which means you either missed it or ignored it.

But I'll UNVOTE since you did answer.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 772
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Inawordyes wrote:Okay, sorry! Sorry sorry sorry. This is game relevant, but I'll put it in OT anyways; I was super tired and fell asleep Saturday night while I was catching up, hence why I just randomly disappeared abruptly, and I fully intended to be here yesterday, but some things came up unexpectedly unexpectedly after I started catching up in the morning, and I ended up being tied up all day and didn't get a chance to check the site until after EoD. But I'm here now, so hopefully I'll be fine.

I caught up with the rest of the day last night post-EoD but I'm not gonna go back and relook over then at the moment because I went to bed with a headache and woke up with a bloody nose, so I'm just not feeling like it haha, so again, if anybody has any specific points or quotes they want my thoughts on, quote 'em forward!

Current thoughts I have from memory: I don't like Frog's insistence on knowing my meta. Haha yes, this is another meta comment, but seriously, I don't step up as a leader when I'm a goodie on any other site other than MU because MU is so different than sites that I usually play on. Case on point is this MM game that I played that just finished this week:

http://mafiamaniac.net/index.php?showtopic=4037

I don't have that big of a thread presence except where it's necessary to avoid being wrongfully suspected and lunched for it, I.e. in any MU game. So I feel like, while I understand why he mentioned it because that's the only experience he has with me, it's unfair to hold me to my MU meta when I only use that meta on MU because MU is vastly sifferent than what we play here or at MM. And repeating it so often led to other people getting into the mindset that that's how I play, and without being anle to be here to correct him, I'm just kinda invariably damaged goods coming into D2 haha, because that's the perception of me now. :shrug:

I understand, along those lines, why the IAWY wagon formed, but I do not like how it formed, and how it stayed. A CFD three hours before EoD on an MIA player just seems like going for low-hanging fruit, which is the strategy that Frog advocated for and it got him lynched, in the biggest of ironies haha. So that's pretty dumb haha.

Has anyone noticed that in MP's ISO reads, he's just reading posts null after null after null? I don't understand how he's getting town and Mafia leans when he's not reading all the posts he quoting either way. I understand why he'd scumread me for cultural differences - which he expressed that he knew from pregame stuff is my personality anyways - but it seems like he's being a little heavy-handed in keeping the read. I do think he's on the right side of the numbers, but if he keeps on me like that, he's gonna drop spots fast.

I didn't like how Soneji entered the thread guns-blazing with an aggressive attitude, I also didn't like how he didn't address my RVS vote at all but used it offhand as a reason to scum read me. I would lean him baddie for that.

I don't understand the backlash on Zebra and the wagon that formed on him for self-voting, that was kinda weird, and then IIRC (and correct me if I'm wrong, I'm going from memory) all his voters went from him, to MP, to me.

That's what I got at the moment, quote forward relevant issues or points that were directed at me since I know where we're quite a few of them, and I'll do my best to answer them.
Hey there, IAWY! A few questions for you:

Whom would you have voted for? You failed to mention this.

If you disagree with any of the overall reads on any of my ISOs, or any of the post reads, then why don't you show me which ones and why? Further, I should note that I started ISOs with the lowest posters first, then ascending, and that these players generally had the least content by far. What you're doing instead here is making a sweeping generalization of my methods in an attempt to discredit me, which rings disingenuous. If you're town, please instead show me what portions of my ISOs you disagree with and why, because I more than welcome the input.

Why? Is this just a NO U (OMGUS)? Why would Soneji's aggressive entrance be scum-indicative; what's the motive?

Further, would you be willing to provide a reads list?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:The sock is here!
MP! 1. Be town or I'll cry. 2. Keep me sane. 3. Load up on coffee and let's discuss reads, cause many of mine have flipped quite a bit.
Dizzy!

1. I am, don't worry. :noble:

2. I'll try my best. :slick:

3. I actually just poured myself a cup. :beer: Oh, wait, wrong emoticon. :coffee2:

I just started page 46, let me catch up and we'll talk.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Who else is here?
Catch up. Then we'll talk.
On it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Inawordyes wrote:Has anyone noticed that in MP's ISO reads, he's just reading posts null after null after null? I don't understand how he's getting town and Mafia leans when he's not reading all the posts he quoting either way. I understand why he'd scumread me for cultural differences - which he expressed that he knew from pregame stuff is my personality anyways - but it seems like he's being a little heavy-handed in keeping the read. I do think he's on the right side of the numbers, but if he keeps on me like that, he's gonna drop spots fast.
Ugh. This means going back and reread MP's ISOs. But this point you raise might make it worth it. /quote]

What point is that?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Question: Is there any way to know how the votes looked at the end of day 1? Like, is it a chart saved somewhere or something? This poll takes some getting used to. o.o
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dammit, quote format fail! I really should preview every post.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote:Question: Is there any way to know how the votes looked at the end of day 1? Like, is it a chart saved somewhere or something? This poll takes some getting used to. o.o
There's a polls thread.

No cool graphs or anything like that though.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

In the interest of not taking an hour or more to catch up, I'm not going to spend too much time responding on posts for now unless I feel I have something insightful to say. Still on page 46.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:An ISO of MP's ISOs This is ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as MP having over 300 posts on Day 1. For the numbers included next to each name, the first one is the number of null posts read, while the second number is the total number of posts observed.

Psittaciform - (2/2) All null post reads, but gives a slight mafia read.

Metalmarsh89 - (6/6) All null post reads, but initially gives a slight mafia read before considering to push it to moderate mafia read.

Long Con - (10/14) 10 null posts, 2 town posts, and 2 scum posts. Ultimately gives Long Con a slight mafia read.

Inawordyes - (10/17) 7 mafia posts (that vary in strength) and the rest null, which result in a moderate mafia read on Inawordyes.

DrWilgy - (15/15) All null posts that result in a null read.

Soneji - (7/9) 7 null post reads and two town post reads, which result in a slight town read.

@Inawordyes: I see what you're saying here. 3 players on this list roughly equate to null reads, but MP gives them slight or moderate mafia reads anyway. He did say in my ISO that he is ignoring null reads. I don't understand that reason for this, especially since he still gave DrWilgy a null read (or more accurately, gave no read). Anyway, if you want to look deeper into the ISOs, the links are here.
Yes, I was trying to ignore null reads and make an actual determination at the end of every post, but I was clearly mentally exhausted by the time I got to Wilgy, and considering all 15 of his posts I had no idea what to do with alignment-wise, I gave up.

I'm afraid though I fail to see what the point is. Do you disagree with any of my ISOs or reads; if so, what did I interpret differently than you? I want feedback.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MovingPictures07 wrote:There's a polls thread.

No cool graphs or anything like that though.
This is most helpful. Thanks.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Furthermore, I find it suspicious that IAWY throws subtle heat at me (note that he doesn't call me scum for my ISOs or anything like that) for contributing content to the game, when he's barely done that himself.

As to why many of my reads were null:

1) I included every post that every player made in nearly every ISO, and considering it was still before EoD d1, yeah, there was a lot of non-alignment-indicative content.
2) We didn't even have a single result/flip so it's difficult to discern interactions.
3) I didn't want to force alignment indicative content out of thin air, and I only wanted to call something town or mafia lean with respect to a post if I really felt I could reason through a convincing argument one way or the other.

So enlighten me, MM, what was IAWY's point exactly?
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Soneji »

sig wrote:
Soneji wrote:
sig wrote: Soneji I didn't switch my vote since nobody else seemed to agree, and I said while it was happening I wanted to lynch MM.Why should I have wasted my vote? This seems like No U.
How were you to know it would be wasted? Maybe if you had shown more confidence in your read and got the ball rolling with a vote on me, people would have followed. Frog had only one vote when I placed my vote, same as the situation would have been with you. You didn't choose to do that, despite how very eager you were to get people to pay attention to your read on me and start a counterwagon. This lack of spine, jumping on me so quickly with vague reasoning and hypocrisy(not liking CFD's but wanting to get one started on me) is why I'm voting you. If you had had the courage of your conviction, I'd be less inclined to think you're mafia.
Maybe they would've maybe they wouldn't have. I was more confident on MM and I didn't want to unbalance the wagons when every vote counted. I think your just No Uing me and are mad I tried to lynch you, and I didn't even try that hard.
I don't really get mad at a sole person trying to lynch me off of weak reasoning. Especially when they're too much of a coward to actually even vote me. Its something I have no respect for and in the end it amuses me that a likely mafia member thought they'd get lucky trying to mislynch me with such a pathetic attempt. You certainly were eager, there is no way to deny that.

sig wrote:I really dislike Soneji's two posts. He came in seemed to make some so he wouldn't be lurking and voted Frog. I think he voted on weak reasoning and jjust wanted to throw out a vote which really wouldn't create any waves and avoided all the major wagons.
sig wrote:So how about a counterwagon onto Soneji? Now that he has made a less then inspiring entrance.
sig wrote:Hey everyone please look over Soneji's posts and tell me what you think. I don't like them at all, and I don't like his vote. Or the fact he hasn't posted again.
Three posts on it in less than two minutes, the first two being within the same minute. You gave up when no one would do your dirty work for you and I went in hard on your shoddy push on me.

Dyslexicon wrote:Question: Is there any way to know how the votes looked at the end of day 1? Like, is it a chart saved somewhere or something? This poll takes some getting used to. o.o
There is a thread for polls but due to some people not following the format correctly(both voting in the poll and announcing their vote in-thread), that poll is not entirely accurate to use.

@JaggedJimmyJay : Can we get the actual vote count used to determine yesterdays lynch?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Inawordyes wrote:Okay, sorry! Sorry sorry sorry. This is game relevant, but I'll put it in OT anyways; I was super tired and fell asleep Saturday night while I was catching up, hence why I just randomly disappeared abruptly, and I fully intended to be here yesterday, but some things came up unexpectedly unexpectedly after I started catching up in the morning, and I ended up being tied up all day and didn't get a chance to check the site until after EoD. But I'm here now, so hopefully I'll be fine.

I caught up with the rest of the day last night post-EoD but I'm not gonna go back and relook over then at the moment because I went to bed with a headache and woke up with a bloody nose, so I'm just not feeling like it haha, so again, if anybody has any specific points or quotes they want my thoughts on, quote 'em forward!

Current thoughts I have from memory: I don't like Frog's insistence on knowing my meta. Haha yes, this is another meta comment, but seriously, I don't step up as a leader when I'm a goodie on any other site other than MU because MU is so different than sites that I usually play on. Case on point is this MM game that I played that just finished this week:

http://mafiamaniac.net/index.php?showtopic=4037

I don't have that big of a thread presence except where it's necessary to avoid being wrongfully suspected and lunched for it, I.e. in any MU game. So I feel like, while I understand why he mentioned it because that's the only experience he has with me, it's unfair to hold me to my MU meta when I only use that meta on MU because MU is vastly sifferent than what we play here or at MM. And repeating it so often led to other people getting into the mindset that that's how I play, and without being anle to be here to correct him, I'm just kinda invariably damaged goods coming into D2 haha, because that's the perception of me now. :shrug:

I understand, along those lines, why the IAWY wagon formed, but I do not like how it formed, and how it stayed. A CFD three hours before EoD on an MIA player just seems like going for low-hanging fruit, which is the strategy that Frog advocated for and it got him lynched, in the biggest of ironies haha. So that's pretty dumb haha.

Has anyone noticed that in MP's ISO reads, he's just reading posts null after null after null? I don't understand how he's getting town and Mafia leans when he's not reading all the posts he quoting either way. I understand why he'd scumread me for cultural differences - which he expressed that he knew from pregame stuff is my personality anyways - but it seems like he's being a little heavy-handed in keeping the read. I do think he's on the right side of the numbers, but if he keeps on me like that, he's gonna drop spots fast.

I didn't like how Soneji entered the thread guns-blazing with an aggressive attitude, I also didn't like how he didn't address my RVS vote at all but used it offhand as a reason to scum read me. I would lean him baddie for that.

I don't understand the backlash on Zebra and the wagon that formed on him for self-voting, that was kinda weird, and then IIRC (and correct me if I'm wrong, I'm going from memory) all his voters went from him, to MP, to me.

That's what I got at the moment, quote forward relevant issues or points that were directed at me since I know where we're quite a few of them, and I'll do my best to answer them.
Hey there, IAWY! A few questions for you:

Whom would you have voted for? You failed to mention this.

If you disagree with any of the overall reads on any of my ISOs, or any of the post reads, then why don't you show me which ones and why? Further, I should note that I started ISOs with the lowest posters first, then ascending, and that these players generally had the least content by far. What you're doing instead here is making a sweeping generalization of my methods in an attempt to discredit me, which rings disingenuous. If you're town, please instead show me what portions of my ISOs you disagree with and why, because I more than welcome the input.

Why? Is this just a NO U (OMGUS)? Why would Soneji's aggressive entrance be scum-indicative; what's the motive?

Further, would you be willing to provide a reads list?
Looking over this again, I have one additional question, IAWY:

Seems you've also said I didn't read all of the posts I ISOed, per the highlighted content. How would you come to that conclusion? I read every post. What gave you the impression that I didn't?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Inawordyes wrote:
Soneji wrote:
Inawordyes wrote: I didn't like how Soneji entered the thread guns-blazing with an aggressive attitude, I also didn't like how he didn't address my RVS vote at all but used it offhand as a reason to scum read me. I would lean him baddie for that.
By "didn't like" are you meaning that you think its scummy? If so, in what way is it scummy? I didn't address your RVS vote exactly because that is all it was, a random vote based on nothing so nothing to address in it. When did I use your RVS as an offhand reason to scum read you though? My reasoning was based on you wording your posts in such a manner as to seem as inoffensive as possible, saying "its okay if you think I'm scum for this because you're probably going to misunderstand me" or "this theory that I have is probably wrong so don't mind me". The only time I brought up your RVS vote was in relation to speaking about Silver's reasoning for voting you, in which I offered no opinion either way on if it was valid.
It set off tonal alarm bells, I tend to play with gut reads because they're accurate, and I got pinged by your OP but I'm not entirely sure what it was you said that set me off. I could be wrong, of course, but I usually tend to be very accurate when it comes to tonal stuff and it's when I don't listen to my gut that I end up kicking myself because the people I suspected ended up being Mafia like I highly to begin with

I did ask you questions in that post, you could've addressed those. :p I play like that regardless, I don't shy away from what I'm saying, but I do avoid like to avoid conflict, and that's not alignment-indicative.
Another question, this time with respect to Soneji:

You said earlier that you didn't like Soneji's aggression. How can you then follow up by saying you're not entirely sure what it was he said that set you off, if it was the aggression?
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 528

Post by Golden »

I like Dizzy's concept of IAWY being bussed by ika.

Would also work with sloonei being bad, if sloonei perceived a bus to be a particularly strong tactic.

I can see how this would be an informative lynch choice even if it isn't my current preference.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Soneji, I'm totally not feeling your sig vote. What is your read on IAWY and MM? Which one of them if any do you think Sig could be teamed with?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Inawordyes wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:An ISO of MP's ISOs This is ridiculous, but not as ridiculous as MP having over 300 posts on Day 1. For the numbers included next to each name, the first one is the number of null posts read, while the second number is the total number of posts observed.

Psittaciform - (2/2) All null post reads, but gives a slight mafia read.

Metalmarsh89 - (6/6) All null post reads, but initially gives a slight mafia read before considering to push it to moderate mafia read.

Long Con - (10/14) 10 null posts, 2 town posts, and 2 scum posts. Ultimately gives Long Con a slight mafia read.

Inawordyes - (10/17) 7 mafia posts (that vary in strength) and the rest null, which result in a moderate mafia read on Inawordyes.

DrWilgy - (15/15) All null posts that result in a null read.

Soneji - (7/9) 7 null post reads and two town post reads, which result in a slight town read.

@Inawordyes: I see what you're saying here. 3 players on this list roughly equate to null reads, but MP gives them slight or moderate mafia reads anyway. He did say in my ISO that he is ignoring null reads. I don't understand that reason for this, especially since he still gave DrWilgy a null read (or more accurately, gave no read). Anyway, if you want to look deeper into the ISOs, the links are here.
It's not even necessarily that I disagree with why he read them null, but going over all their posts and in three cases null-reading all their posts at the time of he ISO but then leaning them either way seems kinda counter-intuitive. I know that he said he was reserving straight-null for Soneji at the start because Soneji was the only NK-shower at the time, but with that many nulls you can't really expect to be able to read them either way without having some sort of slight town and scum basis.

It looks like MP is just posting to post and look like he's contributing. It's not inherently scummy because he's done a lot of other stuff that townish, but it's something to keep an eye on.
And that means what with respect to your read of me?

So do you suspect me or not? This is further suspect, since you're subtly pushing shade on me without committing to anything. I did this to zebra in Star Wars Mafia when I was scum.

I'm feeling even better about IAWY being mafia. Thoughts, others?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote:IAWY, The wagon on Zebra didn't happen after she self voted, it happened before. And then she self-voted and the votes went elsewhere (many to you). Someone that isn't lazy can do a pretty chart or something.

---

Would like thoughts on this conversation:

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Frog wrote:meh, I don't really care tbh. at least one town is voting me. L2P scrubs.

GLGL - hopefully you'll vote marshmellow tomorrow
Even if all the scum was voting for you, there'd still be two civs on you right now. :P
Does MM do fake town slips as scum?
This isn't a townslip regardless of my alignment.
Isn't there 4 scum?
Oh, I thought there were 3. :blush:

Please help me tonight.
Dizzy, with respect to this exchange between you and MM, I'd say it's within meta and I'm not sure any alignment indicative information can be found in it.
Soneji
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 41

Post by Soneji »

Dyslexicon wrote:Soneji, I'm totally not feeling your sig vote. What is your read on IAWY and MM? Which one of them if any do you think Sig could be teamed with?
I've been reading IAWY as scum and sig as his potential teammate for his defense of him. MM I felt fine with at first when doing a quick ISO before the lynch last phase but hes said a few things that have pinged me, which I pointed out earlier:
Soneji wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Frog wrote:I'll post my scum games:
http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/thr ... Mafia-15er

... my home site's admins have literally been either permabanned and/or deleted my scum games as troll. Gae as fuck. I quit the site (requested ban) as soon as I was recognized the MVP of the site 3 years running for 20+ games.

I've never been scum.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I don't think I've ever seen a scummy marmot. Maybe once, on RYM a while ago.
I was mafia once on RYM.

But in that game (hosted by zebra), everyone was mafia, so that one doesn't count. :P
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Marco wrote:@MetalMarsh89, you may have missed this.
Marco wrote:@MetalMarsh, how highly would you rate your own scum-game? And can you describe one or two of your best scum performances, preferably with links to them?
My scum game is decent I think, or at least was because I've been drawing a lot of civilian/Indy roles lately. I went through a stretch here where I won several games as scum though, and I'll link you a few.

Death Note - We mafia tore the civilians apart in this game, for the most part. But there was a caveat: I was an unlynchable and unnightkillable scum who did not need to be dead for the civilians to win.

Pikmin - This would be my most recent game as scum. I had a strong start to the game, but due to the game falling around Christmas time, my participation dropped, and I was eventually lynched. Overall, I played a relatively good game, and my lynch was not detrimental to our cause, and we won anyway.

Recruitment IV - This was a recruitment game, so it had its own special style to make if different than a normal mafia game. But similar to Death Note, I had an unkillable, unlynchable role again. :P I have a tendency to draw those.
:ponder:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Well by golly, you all better at least lynch Sloonei before you lynch me.
Any particular reason the order matters to you, since you appear to not care that your lynch will follow in this scenario? Considering you think him mafia, would you not say your push on him would then warrant some towncred if he flips the way you think he will?

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Ehhhh, not feeling this Golden wagon on page 47. I see two votes still remain. Going to keep reading before I say more, since it's clear at least MM moved his vote.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Zexy wrote:Ignore the parts about Silverwolf and Long Con/Epignosis, I guess.

More later...
Zexy, Why did you include the stuff about Silver and Epig in your catch up in the first place?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Reading this conversation between Golden and zebra...

And this is me = :wall:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Seriously, you both, what the hell?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Reading this conversation between Golden and zebra...

Yup.

Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:OK, hunch time.

I'll elaborate on this more later, but I'm about to go into a whole lot of meetings.

Silverwolf and Epi kills were undertaken to frame me. Particularly the Epi kill, see sign up thread for why. The question is, who would know me well enough to make such choices?
I highly doubt this is the case. It's much more likely that Silverwolf was killed because
1) She was onto someone that felt threatened
2) She was being town read more than almost everyone else
3) She clearly is a skilled townie
4) The mafia wanted to frame someone in 1)
5) The mafia thought she was a PR

Epignosis is less clear, but he could have been killed because
1) Someone from The Syndicate felt threatened because they know Epi is a skilled townie
2) They felt the kill was untraceable (chaos kill)
3) They thought he was suspicious (civ vig)
4) The mafia thought he was a PR

There are other possible reasons, including the fact that I still think both kills point most likely towards ika, if we're going to go with a 1)-type theory, but there's really no way to know what was going on.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Golden wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:But yes, I have seen Golden scumslip before. It is a rare and amazing phenomenon.
Marmot has seen a golden scumslip! It was a terrible one, too. Should have been game-ending.
It was a thing of beauty! I'll link it when I get a chance for anyone else.

I'm about to play a couple games of LoL with my brother, but I'll be back in a bit.

Linki: ugh, this post got caught in 30 minutes of linki

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:My answer - sloonei and marmot. I think they are on a team together, and I think marmot's case on sloonei was deliberate distancing.
What's the motive for either of them to plan and execute this?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

DrWilgy wrote:
Golden wrote:OK, hunch time.

I'll elaborate on this more later, but I'm about to go into a whole lot of meetings.

Silverwolf and Epi kills were undertaken to frame me. Particularly the Epi kill, see sign up thread for why. The question is, who would know me well enough to make such choices?
This vaguely reminds me of recruitment.

Though... I was one of the players that saw it as a frame when it actually was such. I'm not feelin it this time.

Also hi everyone.

GOLDEN

I'll be at a computer and be able to actually play this evening... I'm off work in 3 heurs! Yay me!
Wilgy, I need more from you, bud. I know you've had phone troubles, and I know how much you rely on it, but talk to me. Talk with us. What's going on in that brain of yours? What else you got?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:This is an interesting development. I look forward to your explanation Golden when I get home later.
Luckily for you, I'm not Epi. :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

I suppose the good thing about all of this page 47-48 nonsense is that I feel a bit better about Golden.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Golden wrote:My answer - sloonei and marmot. I think they are on a team together, and I think marmot's case on sloonei was deliberate distancing.
Funsies?

To be clear, they wouldn't have had any chance to plan, and the motive for marmot would have been to do whatever to get the spotlight off him, and doing it to someone where he could explain overnight would have worked.

The more I think about it, though, the more I think the marmot side of the equation isn't that convincing and it is really sloonei that I suspect right now. Or Matt. Moonei.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Soneji wrote:I've been reading IAWY as scum and sig as his potential teammate for his defense of him. MM I felt fine with at first when doing a quick ISO before the lynch last phase but hes said a few things that have pinged me, which I pointed out earlier:
Do you feel it makes sense for sig to try and get a EOD wagon on you as scum? It may makes sense if it was to save someone like IAWY, I agree, but still seems like a stretch to me. What is the reason you are voting sig over IAWY right now?

It's also not clear to me why you were voting Frog as the first person last day when you say IAWY had already pingen you? Can you elaborate what your thought process was? (I realize there will be hindsight to this, since Frog has already flipped).
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Funsies?

To be clear, they wouldn't have had any chance to plan, and the motive for marmot would have been to do whatever to get the spotlight off him, and doing it to someone where he could explain overnight would have worked.

The more I think about it, though, the more I think the marmot side of the equation isn't that convincing and it is really sloonei that I suspect right now. Or Matt. Moonei.
I mean, it's a theory, and I'm not saying it's impossible... I just don't think it's what happened. It would be funny though, I guess. :p
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Sloonei didn't play Recruitment though, yeah?
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:Here's the thing, zebra. Full seriousness.

I am town, but I'd sooner mislynch you and leave my vote on you than be lynched myself. I'm playing this game for practice for champs. I don't actually care if you go down. I don't actually WHO goes down. I'm going to do my best to try to solve the game and thats all there is to it.

I'll do what I have to do to survive in this game. If that means lynching the people who think I'm bad, even if they are town, then so be it. Means I get longer to practice.

I don't have any teammates to come to my rescue and help. If I do get lynched today, I'll call it a failed endeavour. Certainly, I'll give up, because I don't have time for this shit. I'm playing because JJJ was nice enough to give me a chance to practice, even though I really don't have time for it.
Golden, if you're mafia and you said this, then I'm going to kick your ass after the game is over.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote:Who is going to keep me sane this game? :confused2:
Ooooh, me, me!! Pick me!
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Thats how I felt and I was in the conversation.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Of course, that's assume I don't drive any of you insane with my posting volume. :P
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

assuming*
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:

Thats how I felt and I was in the conversation.
I can imagine, lol, it's how I felt when conversing with Silverwolf (RIP) on d1.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Okay, folks:

1) ika didn't say he killed Silverwolf, even if I think that's very possible.
2) Golden didn't say zebra was a mislynch, even if he thinks it's very possible.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dizzy, talk to me about Zexy.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Dyslexicon wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Word of advice though; it might be a bit more difficult to mislynch me when you've outright stated that my lynch would be a mislynch.
Like, he didn't say that. Just like Ika didn't claim scum when he said that if he was scum he'd kill Silver. This may just be your playstyle, but it is seriously making me go squinty squinty squint
Great minds think alike... but so do stupid ones. :beer:
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Of course, that's assume I don't drive any of you insane with my posting volume. :P
Paraphrased.

"Dizzy, I'll keep you sane, in all circumstances where I don't drive you insane."
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Golden, if you're mafia and you said this, then I'm going to kick your ass after the game is over.
Slightly not game related: I thought the same thing. But then, one of my biggest mafia pet peeves is, there's nothing that should be more "ok" to say as town then as scum. That defeats the purpose of the game. It's AtE as either alignment, and if it is ok to do as town it should be ok to do as scum. Sometimes people excuse AtE coming from town, cause they really were town, so then it's ok. But if they turn out to be scum, then it's seen as "evil" or something.

Personally I don't care about Golden and his practicing agenda, and it won't factor in to any of my decisions in the game. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Golden wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Of course, that's assume I don't drive any of you insane with my posting volume. :P
Paraphrased.

"Dizzy, I'll keep you sane, in all circumstances where I don't drive you insane."
:nicenod:
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Dizzy, talk to me about Zexy.
Don't know if I have all that much to say. I need some answers from him. He's mostly in the unsure category. I'm always thinking I'm misgendering him.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”