[END] Bioshock Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

You and Bioshock: Which have you played and would you be interested in my upcoming sequel?

Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
43%
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
I have played neither - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
7%
I have played neither - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Sockface only - Of course I have played both and am interested, and I will be hosting a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
21%

Total votes: 14
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: [DAY 6] Bioshock Mafia

Post by Tangrowth »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Whew! I have restarted playing the Bioshock game this morning. I forgot how intense it was!!! Anyway, I will be spending a lot of time with my family today :wine: I will try to be on more later this weekend if not tonight.
It's truly amazing, isn't it?

I replayed it most recently the week while this game was in sign-ups. Doesn't get old, even after the incredible amount of times I've played it.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

And yes, Happy Independence Day to all fellow U.S. residents out there! Hope it's enjoyable! :yay:
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Snow Dog »

Boomslang wrote:
bea wrote:ebwop - and boats. :faceplam: this is what mafia is like for me before caffine. :sigh:

Ok - so my thought today was to see who, if anyone, has consistently voted for a civ, while not voting for teefies on day 2. Here's what i've come up with:

Day 1: A Person voters who did not vote for teefies and are still alive: Devin, Insertnamehere, Bullzeye, Snow Dog and Mata.
Day 3: Llama voters who did not vote for teefies and are still alive: Insertnamehere, Bullzeye, Devin and Mata. (Snow Dog voted Lizzy)
Day 4: Boo voters who did not vote for teefies and are still alive: Mata, Devin, Bullzeye and Snowdog
Day 5: Boats voters who did not vote for teefies and are still alive: Bullzeye, Devin, and Mata.

My main thinking here was that on Day 2 maybe the potential teammates didn't try to save teefies, but also maybe they didn't throw a vote their way. When I play as a baddie, I tend to vote the strongest case w/o much thought to it so that I can blend it. What I didn't expect to find was the same names pop up so often. I'm not quite sure what to make of that.

I'd been leaning civ for devin.

I'm unsure about snowdog.

I forgot name was playing again.

I have no read on mata at all.
This is... actually rather excellent analysis. The clustering is definitely worth a look, especially for mata, who hasn't seemed to raise any previous concerns. I've been pointing out Snowdog's blendiness in thread posts before, and this corroborates that gut instinct with some poll results.
This makes me laugh. I haven't been in the least bit blendy. Was a Lizzy voter early on. didn't vote for Boats. Anything else?
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Zany Dex »

Votes
a stopped clock is right twice a day
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Dom »

Snow Dog wrote:
Boomslang wrote:
bea wrote:ebwop - and boats. :faceplam: this is what mafia is like for me before caffine. :sigh:

Ok - so my thought today was to see who, if anyone, has consistently voted for a civ, while not voting for teefies on day 2. Here's what i've come up with:

Day 1: A Person voters who did not vote for teefies and are still alive: Devin, Insertnamehere, Bullzeye, Snow Dog and Mata.
Day 3: Llama voters who did not vote for teefies and are still alive: Insertnamehere, Bullzeye, Devin and Mata. (Snow Dog voted Lizzy)
Day 4: Boo voters who did not vote for teefies and are still alive: Mata, Devin, Bullzeye and Snowdog
Day 5: Boats voters who did not vote for teefies and are still alive: Bullzeye, Devin, and Mata.

My main thinking here was that on Day 2 maybe the potential teammates didn't try to save teefies, but also maybe they didn't throw a vote their way. When I play as a baddie, I tend to vote the strongest case w/o much thought to it so that I can blend it. What I didn't expect to find was the same names pop up so often. I'm not quite sure what to make of that.

This is... actually rather excellent analysis. The clustering is definitely worth a look, especially for mata, who hasn't seemed to raise any previous concerns. I've been pointing out Snowdog's blendiness in thread posts before, and this corroborates that gut instinct with some poll results.
This makes me laugh. I haven't been in the least bit blendy. Was a Lizzy voter early on. didn't vote for Boats. Anything else?
Everything I said?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Bullzeye »

Zany Dex wrote:Votes
Thanks for your thoughtful and intriguing contribution to the discussion.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I just looked at Dex's post history because I've been going through my main suspicions to build some cases and what I notice is not one of his posts actually contributes anything to the game - it's all just NO U's, subtle threats, and general craziness. I could quote examples but they're all the same and you can just go see for yourself.
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Bullzeye wrote:I just looked at Dex's post history because I've been going through my main suspicions to build some cases and what I notice is not one of his posts actually contributes anything to the game - it's all just NO U's, subtle threats, and general craziness. I could quote examples but they're all the same and you can just go see for yourself.
Now there's a no u :p
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Zany Dex wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:I just looked at Dex's post history because I've been going through my main suspicions to build some cases and what I notice is not one of his posts actually contributes anything to the game - it's all just NO U's, subtle threats, and general craziness. I could quote examples but they're all the same and you can just go see for yourself.
Remember how I nearly voted for you on day 2? I didn't just stop being suspicious of you because I voted for someone else :p
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Bullzeye wrote:
Zany Dex wrote:
Remember how I nearly voted for you on day 2? I didn't just stop being suspicious of you because I voted for someone else :p
Yeah yeah

:mafia:
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Zany Dex wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Zany Dex wrote:
Yeah yeah

:mafia:
You can't really deny you've not actually said anything worth saying in this game, you've never once said you're suspicious of anyone unless you count listing every single player minus yourself (I don't, FWIW). Probably half your votes are for people who'd voted or said they might vote for you. Why is this?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

...Dom's right about you, Bullz. "HEY GUYS LOOK AT DEX NOT ME!"
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

nutella wrote:...Dom's right about you, Bullz. "HEY GUYS LOOK AT DEX NOT ME!"
So what, am I not supposed to have suspicions of my own because people want to vote for me? Should I go and make a case against myself? Or am I just meant to sit quietly while you all decide whether or not to lynch me and not defend myself in any way against accusations that aren't true? Seriously, I'm not even being sarcastic. You and Dom and even Boo have all been constantly using the fact I'm not doing any of those things against me. Every time I voice a suspicion or try to defend myself I'm told that doing so makes me look bad for some vague reasons. It's getting quite frustrating tbh.
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

And really, if he'd put his throwaway unexplained vote on anyone but me people would be all over him but because I'm the designated bandwagon of the day it's no problem?
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

Bullzeye wrote:
So what, am I not supposed to have suspicions of my own because people want to vote for me? Should I go and make a case against myself? Or am I just meant to sit quietly while you all decide whether or not to lynch me and not defend myself in any way against accusations that aren't true? Seriously, I'm not even being sarcastic. You and Dom and even Boo have all been constantly using the fact I'm not doing any of those things against me. Every time I voice a suspicion or try to defend myself I'm told that doing so makes me look bad for some vague reasons. It's getting quite frustrating tbh.
No, what you're doing is taking every name that comes up and asking why no one is looking at them and not at you.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Dom wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
No, what you're doing is taking every name that comes up and asking why no one is looking at them and not at you.
Except I'm not. You're just determined to see me as bad and I'm sick to death of it. I've had an eye on Dex from practically the beginning of the game just like a lot of others have. My suspicion of Bea came from discussing DH's theory about BWT's team, and my thoughts about DH are my own. I fail to see how mentioning four people as suspicious WHEN I WAS ASKED WHO I FIND SUSPICIOUS, and discussing one in particular WHO IS BLATANTLY NOT ACTING IN THE INTERESTS OF CIVVIES is in any way like what you've said. Apparently I'm not allowed to have suspicions or try to share them, what am I permitted to do in this game? Again, should I just roll over and let you all lynch me knowing full well you're wrong?
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Bullz - for what it's worth - I'm pretty undecided on you. I think it's just as likely that you are as civ as I know I am and as everyone knows boo was. I don't find you pointing out other suspensions as suspicious in and of themselves. And I think you raise a pretty decent point on Dex. To be honest, I wasn't even that weirded out by the fact that you kept bringing up my name for the same weak case because I saw the point you were trying to make, the case was weak regardless of who it was against. (Though at the time, it did feel like you were deflecting to me as well...it was me you were bringing up.)

That said, Dom has a point on you that's about as solid as your point on Dex. I'm not quite sure what to make of it yet. I'm glad for more time.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

And really Dex? Did wabbit hack your account? Because you are about as helpful to the civ cause as he is when he gets a burr up his arse. Plenty of us have been wtf about your actions and have not voted you. I have yet to see a reason why you would be so silent when a vocal civ dex could help us so much?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

bea wrote:Bullz - for what it's worth - I'm pretty undecided on you. I think it's just as likely that you are as civ as I know I am and as everyone knows boo was. I don't find you pointing out other suspensions as suspicious in and of themselves. And I think you raise a pretty decent point on Dex. To be honest, I wasn't even that weirded out by the fact that you kept bringing up my name for the same weak case because I saw the point you were trying to make, the case was weak regardless of who it was against. (Though at the time, it did feel like you were deflecting to me as well...it was me you were bringing up.)

That said, Dom has a point on you that's about as solid as your point on Dex. I'm not quite sure what to make of it yet. I'm glad for more time.
I have no problem with people finding me suspicious as long as they actually let me try to defend myself rather than making up more and more reasons why I'm bad every time I post. I admit there isn't a massive case against you but I only had two suspects coming into today and with so many people seemingly inactive or at least quiet it's hard to have anything to say about them. I'm just tired of LA and more recently Dom as well being so incredibly determined to make me bad.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Epignosis »

Went to a cookout at my brother's house. I was driving there with the whole family. I was bobbing my head along to some Kansas (last bit of "Closet Chronicles"), and was looking to my left at a green light just in time to witness a semi-truck whiz through the red light as I was starting to pull out into the intersection. Had I been less careful, we could have all been dead. :evileye:
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I've never really found Dex helpful, especially in my more recent games, as a civ or a baddie. He tends to just try and cause chaos and be cute.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Whew! I have restarted playing the Bioshock game this morning. I forgot how intense it was!!! Anyway, I will be spending a lot of time with my family today :wine: I will try to be on more later this weekend if not tonight.
It's truly amazing, isn't it?

I replayed it most recently the week while this game was in sign-ups. Doesn't get old, even after the incredible amount of times I've played it.
Indeed! I love that it gives you ample opportunity to have a slightly different experience every time you play too!

@Epignosis: Glad to see you are doing alright! Semi drivers are not as careful as they should be at times!
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I'm not quite sure who we need to be looking at at this point in time because we have been lynching civvies left and right.
I would be much more willing to start looking in the direction of the quieter players who haven't been contributing much rather than lynching someone who is willing to get on here and share comments regarding other players and defend themselves when necessary. So far these have turned out to be mostly civvies. I feel like there is more than one baddie hiding in the shadows watching us lynch civ after civ. I would definitely consider throwing my vote to Ajira or G.O.B. both having only 7 posts under their belts. I would also be willing to vote for Dex again. His "helpfulness" is getting quite old. I'm sure I'm missing some people but that's all I have right now. These players haven't given us a whole lot to go on and I think there is a reason for that.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:Went to a cookout at my brother's house. I was driving there with the whole family. I was bobbing my head along to some Kansas (last bit of "Closet Chronicles"), and was looking to my left at a green light just in time to witness a semi-truck whiz through the red light as I was starting to pull out into the intersection. Had I been less careful, we could have all been dead. :evileye:
Dude, that is terrifying. I'm glad you are okay. July 4th is so scary for accidents.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Very glad to hear you and your family are ok, Epi. I would've been shaking the rest of the drive.

Personally, Bullz's posts are reading desperate civ to me. I kind of get his frustration with lack of good options for defending oneself in mafia.

I'm likely to vote Dex today. I could probably also be convinced to vote G.O.B.

Can we hear some more from DH? He made a few great points during the post contest, and then promptly dropped off the map after walking away with his prize. A bit selfish, if it's not for rl reasons.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown

Post by Dom »

I'm voting now, making my way to my aunt's beach house for the weekend tomrorow, so i'm not sure when i'll be able to vote.

*votes Bullz*
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Dom wrote:I've never really found Dex helpful, especially in my more recent games, as a civ or a baddie. He tends to just try and cause chaos and be cute.
I agree :ohyeah:
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Matahari »

Boomslang wrote:

What do you mean by 'previous concerns'?
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Dom wrote:I've never really found Dex helpful, especially in my more recent games, as a civ or a baddie. He tends to just try and cause chaos and be cute.
Do you find fault with his play style? I notice you said he plays the same whether civ or bad, so do you think his posts indicate anything important? So far I haven't seen any chaos, just more of a general unhelpfulness. Do you think he is hiding baddieness behind his jokey posts?
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Russtifinko wrote:Very glad to hear you and your family are ok, Epi. I would've been shaking the rest of the drive.

Personally, Bullz's posts are reading desperate civ to me. I kind of get his frustration with lack of good options for defending oneself in mafia.

Can we hear some more from DH? He made a few great points during the post contest, and then promptly dropped off the map after walking away with his prize. A bit selfish, if it's not for rl reasons.
I wouldn't say desperate so much as very very very frustrated. As it's only really Dom and LA even discussing me I wouldn't care that much if I weren't the only thing they're discussing and if they weren't so obsessed with finding new ways to accuse me. I'm just tired of their incessant tunnel vision really. I think DH said he was going away on holiday or something though? Not totally sure.

Just in case they can convince more people to jump on the Bullzeye bandwagon I'm going to hold on to my vote for now but if I don't have to save myself I want to vote Dex. He's not really made a single contribution to the game, and usually he at least bothers to say something that's in some way relevant but not here. We should probably have lynched him a long time ago.
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Voting you is my contribution

Your welcome everyone
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Zany Dex wrote:Voting you is my contribution

Your welcome everyone
Nobody will thank you for voting a civ.
DisgruntledPorcupine
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 58

Post by DisgruntledPorcupine »

Or the improper your!

Does Dom seem a little mudslingy to anyone else?
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Snow Dog »

I don't know how Bullz has seemed to come out ahead of Bea now. Perhaps I should reread? I see no reason not to vote Bea again. Any suspicions I had of her are still relevant. Although Dom seems to defend her all the time. I daren't accuse Dom of anything though or I'll be accused of "No thouing".
So in short probably still voting for Bea. Or Mr Dex. He is so unhelpful it is difficult to say if he is good or bad. Which is what he wants I suppose.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:Or the improper your!

This isn't his first foray into improper your. However, unlike some people (in the shining mafia) I won't vote for someone based on poor grammer. Mostly because I can also be accused of this. However, I am still watching him because of his strange behavior. At least today he voted an actual suspect other people have discussed and not a revenge vote.

Yes about Dom and I find it confusing. I completely understand why boo, bea, and bullz, would try ardently to defend themselves. One would expect that from a civ or a baddie. You assume people dont want to be lynched. However, why Dom is seemingly attacking Nev for suspecting bea, and then attacking Bullz aggressively over bea I am not sure. Rereading Dom's posts, it appears he has been defending bea since llama suspected her. Then there's a friendly bea and Dom back and forth of 'I am watching you, but you don't seem that suspicious to me.' I can think of 3-4 reasons Dom would defend bea as a teammate and BWT's team is only one. Just some curious observations and depending on how bea flips if lynched this would answer several questions.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

DisgruntledPorcupine wrote:Or the improper your!

Ouch :fishslap:
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I'm still leaning towards Dex or GOB today. But I do agree that Dom's relentless attacks on Bullzeye seem really suspicious. Yes he is defending himself and yes he is pointing out other people to look at. While this does seem evasive, the way is defending himself just reads civ to me. Everyone else we have lynched that have been evasive have turned out to be civs. I may not be 100% on Bullzeye at this moment, but, I believe I will be looking at Dom in the future.

Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Bullzeye wrote:
Russtifinko wrote:Very glad to hear you and your family are ok, Epi. I would've been shaking the rest of the drive.

I wouldn't say desperate so much as very very very frustrated. As it's only really Dom and LA even discussing me I wouldn't care that much if I weren't the only thing they're discussing and if they weren't so obsessed with finding new ways to accuse me. I'm just tired of their incessant tunnel vision really. I think DH said he was going away on holiday or something though? Not totally sure.

Just in case they can convince more people to jump on the Bullzeye bandwagon I'm going to hold on to my vote for now but if I don't have to save myself I want to vote Dex. He's not really made a single contribution to the game, and usually he at least bothers to say something that's in some way relevant but not here. We should probably have lynched him a long time ago.
Who's LA again, Bullz? You're probably right about DH, I guess I missed that. Thanks for pointing it out.

I think I'm going to put my vote on Dex now. I agree with the part of Bullz's statement I bolded, and I think Dex may be hiding baddieness.

I think the discussion of Dom has been interesting. I don't think singlemindedness in going after baddies is necessarily a bad thing (if it was we'd have lynched Epi long ago). However, the back a forth between him and bea makes me a bit nervous.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Yet another good point Russ. I just don't know anymore!
Right now the only thing that makes sense to me is going after those that aren't contributing anything to the game. That being said Dex is the most immediate and obvious choice.

*votes Dex*

Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Boomslang »

Matahari wrote:
Boomslang wrote:

I mean that, to my knowledge, you haven't pinged anyone in the thread before right now. Rereading your posts, you do seem to offer a little support to people currently under suspicion, such as Bea:
Matahari wrote:Nev, your logic may be dead on, but you said that Bea never addressed the vote thing? She actually did address that a few times. People who have played a lot with her know that she does have a horrible schedule, and frequently has to do a vote on her break. I've never understood why she doesn't quit that job, because mafia is way more important. :p

Could she be lying? Possibly, I can't remember ever playing a game with her when she was a baddie so I have nothing to base it on. About her post sounding OTT, I think many of her posts sound that way, because she's such a sweetheart in rl. Could she have been pretending? Again, that's possible.

But I'm having trouble with being positive she's bad. I'm not convinced yet, although I don't think you're bad either. I just wanted you to understand the reason why I'm not convinced yet.

I'm also wondering if indiglo has explained yet what the 'plenty of other good reasons' for voting Bea are. I wonder if she just meant what you said in your post, or if there was something else and I missed it.
And Zany Dex:
Matahari wrote:I also don't see zany dex responding like he is, as a baddie thing either. As far as the role that gets to change if he gets five votes, I'm not sure dex would reveal himself as that role. Maybe he would, but why would he?
Just wanted to offer this evidence; I don't think it's enough to change anyone's mind, but it's something.
bea
Racketeer

Post by bea »

Well, I suck at planning things out and my one true love let me sleep in longer than I'd anticipated. I'm going with a dex vote for this time around. I can't believe that his avoidance of conversation has any civ motivations behind it at this point in the game. And now....off to spend the next 7 hours away from my phone tubing down a river.......with beer...... :D
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

This is a bit drive-by, but I've been pretty busy, and I have to vote early again because of work plans.

The strange behavior by dom read very much like someone desperately defending a teammate to me.
I am voting bea, both for the same reasons as before AND because of the potential two-for-one if she flips baddie
(because there's no way that dom is civ if bea is not).
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Boomslang wrote:
Matahari wrote:
Boomslang wrote:

I mean that, to my knowledge, you haven't pinged anyone in the thread before right now. Rereading your posts, you do seem to offer a little support to people currently under suspicion, such as Bea:
Matahari wrote:Nev, your logic may be dead on, but you said that Bea never addressed the vote thing? She actually did address that a few times. People who have played a lot with her know that she does have a horrible schedule, and frequently has to do a vote on her break. I've never understood why she doesn't quit that job, because mafia is way more important. :p

Could she be lying? Possibly, I can't remember ever playing a game with her when she was a baddie so I have nothing to base it on. About her post sounding OTT, I think many of her posts sound that way, because she's such a sweetheart in rl. Could she have been pretending? Again, that's possible.

But I'm having trouble with being positive she's bad. I'm not convinced yet, although I don't think you're bad either. I just wanted you to understand the reason why I'm not convinced yet.

I'm also wondering if indiglo has explained yet what the 'plenty of other good reasons' for voting Bea are. I wonder if she just meant what you said in your post, or if there was something else and I missed it.
And Zany Dex:
Matahari wrote:I also don't see zany dex responding like he is, as a baddie thing either. As far as the role that gets to change if he gets five votes, I'm not sure dex would reveal himself as that role. Maybe he would, but why would he?
Just wanted to offer this evidence; I don't think it's enough to change anyone's mind, but it's something.
This is evidence of what? And what mind changing are you trying to do? I'm sorry, I'm just not getting your point. If previous concerns mean pings about a person, then possibly no one else has had any pings about me.

However, you are getting pings from me, is it because you feel that I am defending Dex? And the same about Bea, do you think I have defended her? I do give players the botd sometimes, but only when I absolutely have no idea about their affiliation. They go on my observe list.

Let me ask you what you think of Beas attempt to fight fire with fire? She was suspected based on a vote. She defended the way Bea defends, then she defended in a sarcastic way (funny, but sarcastic) now she is using vote patterns to defend. At this point, I'd say she has a baddie team backing her up, but I have no clue which baddie team. It would be very frustrating for a baddie, to get caught early based on their vote, when they are actually on an opposing team. I also agree with indiglo that it seems uncharacteristic of Bea to go so hard for a new player, although at this point, I agree that gob is not doing anything to defend.

Which brings me to dex. I will admit that I gave up trying to 'read' dex a long time ago. I am always wrong about him no matter what I think he is, so for me, he is comic relief. I think he is better at being a baddie than a civ, based on the fact that he gets lynched as a civ a lot, early on. So, would you mind saying whether you are advocating a vote for dex, or for Bea? I will reread you today, if you have already made cases on either of them, I might have missed it.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Spacedaisy »

Sorry to have been so extremely quiet guys. My internet has been spotty with all the rain storms going through. Going to vote Dex again. I kind of suspect his behavior this game is actually an attempt to scare us off voting for him. Plus, as I said last time I voted him, I am over it. Since I need to vote now before work....

*votes Zany Dex*
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Zany Dex
The Mark

Post by Zany Dex »

Spacedaisy wrote:Sorry to have been so extremely quiet guys. My internet has been spotty with all the rain storms going through. Going to vote Dex again. I kind of suspect his behavior this game is actually an attempt to scare us off voting for him. Plus, as I said last time I voted him, I am over it. Since I need to vote now before work....

*votes Zany Dex*
No need to be quite so abrupt tut. You said it twice to me it's actually quite hurtful comment so please in future don't critique my play style so abruptly. I'm polite to most people and play the game to have fun. I put up with the zany/crazy/ etc etc and this is how I've always played.

FTR guys I'm busy I've read hardly any posts I've no read on anyone but I've played a fairly vanilla role all game and have no info or anything to go on. And did so because MP asked me too.

I am civ so please don't be shocked when I turn up as one. This is the only defence I'm giving as I don't really have a real defence. I just play as I want too.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

My apologies, I did not mean to be hurtful at all. I just meant it isn't helping in this game. :( I really woud never intentionally say something hurtful.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

My comment was meant in the context of this game. I have never taken issue with your overall playstyle or had any problem playing games with you onthe least. This game has felt over the top. I suppose I should have been clearer. My brevity was because my Internet tends to go in and out and I need to get ready for work. I really am sorry I offended you Dex, not at all my intention.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 20

Post by insertnamehere »

The last few days have been very hectic with moving, setting up the Internet so it freaking works, and the holiday to top it all off. I haven't been able to play, and I apologize to MP, and everyone else in this game.

After reading up, the case that makes the most sense is Bea's case on Bullzeye. Not only has she voted civ four weeks out of five, her posts seem very suspicious to me. Her posts seen very frantic and eager to shift the blame onto someone else. I can sense almost a little bit of coaching too.

Dex is acting weird yes, but Bullzeye in my opinion is acting as weird.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

insertnamehere wrote:The last few days have been very hectic with moving, setting up the Internet so it freaking works, and the holiday to top it all off. I haven't been able to play, and I apologize to MP, and everyone else in this game.

After reading up, the case that makes the most sense is Bea's case on Bullzeye. Not only has she voted civ four weeks out of five, her posts seem very suspicious to me. Her posts seen very frantic and eager to shift the blame onto someone else. I can sense almost a little bit of coaching too.

First off, She? That's news to me...

Second, I've been playing mafia for nearly three years now, I haven't needed coaching in a long time. If you're going to parrot Dom's thoughts I'll ask you as well what should I be doing if stating my own suspicions apparently makes me bad?
insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 20

Post by insertnamehere »

Bullzeye wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:The last few days have been very hectic with moving, setting up the Internet so it freaking works, and the holiday to top it all off. I haven't been able to play, and I apologize to MP, and everyone else in this game.

First off, She? That's news to me...

Second, I've been playing mafia for nearly three years now, I haven't needed coaching in a long time. If you're going to parrot Dom's thoughts I'll ask you as well what should I be doing if stating my own suspicions apparently makes me bad?
Instead of just saying "I just have bad instincts, stop focusing on me, look at these people." you could give an actual defense.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”