Mafia Championship Scrimmage [END]

Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Mafia Championship Scrimmage

Post by Marmot »

Matt wrote:Marmot why did Wilgy vote for you on Day 1?
I have no idea. "For the tie" is the only reason I can find, and his vote probably didn't count since he didn't bold it properly in the thread.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 237

Post by sig »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Marco wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Marco wrote:MetalMarsh89, you scum-read Golden, correct? And Golden, you scum-read MM, right?
Correct. I have a light scum-read on Golden.

I don't have anything to say to your suggestion that we are distancing and mafia teammates. It's not the first time I've heard it today, nor do I expect it to be the last.
Who else said it today? I must have missed it.
I know zebra said it here.

I thought sig also acknowledged the possibility, but I can't find it, so perhaps I'm mistaken there.
I think I said you and Sloonie? Can't recall atm.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

ika wrote:
sig wrote: Tell them this on downton they don't believe me. :P
But seriously, this is what I've been saying and I really dislike MM for pushing that Ika must be civ.
about what?

are you thinking im scum?
I've got you as a scum lean, however if MM or you were to flip scum then yeah I think the other is a teammate.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

MovingPictures07 wrote:Morning (to those of you even remotely in a similar time zone as me), folks! Afternoon/evening/whatever to the rest of you all.

This post is entirely with regards to my schedule. If you don't care about when I'll be here, skip it.

I've been even busier this morning than anticipated, so site time will inevitably have to wait until either (1) I get home tonight probably around 6:00PM Central (giving me T minus 3 hours until EoD) or (2) sometime in between meetings and such while I'm studying assuming I get bored and can actually justify taking a long break from studying. I'd say don't count on (2), but I know how I am, so it may still happen.

Apologies for the inconvenience! I'll be sure to answer whatever questions and provide input into whatever was posted last night/today as soon as I can.

Also, I wanted to show off my new sockish avatar as a tribute to Phife Dawg (RIP) to complement what I had in my signature; this is even much better. :DJ:
I thought it was a Butterfly. :ponder:
ImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 217

Post by ika »

sig wrote:
ika wrote:
sig wrote: Tell them this on downton they don't believe me. :P
But seriously, this is what I've been saying and I really dislike MM for pushing that Ika must be civ.
about what?

are you thinking im scum?
I've got you as a scum lean, however if MM or you were to flip scum then yeah I think the other is a teammate.
why are you doing pre-flip assoicatives, that like scum 101 type stuff
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

VOTE MATT/SLOONEI

I hope you have more to say today. You managed to vote me, ask a few questions, and take your leave yesterday.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

ika wrote:hey golden, why are you misrepresenting silvers stances? she never voted sonji becasue he didnt post anythign yet. she will go after low content lurkers day1 but not a non-poster, there is a distinct diffrence in that.

not only that but she has fully explained how she thinks MPs interactions, case, and entire play is jsut full of scum motivation.

not only that now, he has said that it is scum vig who did the kill and not considered it to be town vig. sig did the same, the only way this can be is that one of two thing are true

A) they are scum who know its scum vig
B) they are PR where a scum vig is exsiting
Bullshit, you come out of nowhere trying to get me lynched based on the fact I didn't see the a town vig? And that I didn't think town would kill either of them day 1. That is common sense and deductive reasoning. I also don't like those saying we should claim PR roles if we have any. That is painting a big ole target on anyone who claims especially if we are in a set up without a protector/doctor. THIS IS ROLE HUNTING and in a game with so few PRs it isn't something we want done.
ika wrote:MP case:

super defensive and cautious
Constantly discrediting me and silver
weak case on me to try to set me up
info knowledges slip about a scum vig not thinking about the town vig perspective

Sig case:

super zealous compared to how he was in turf
info knowledges slip about a scum vig not thinking about the town vig perspective
Wasn't an info knowledge slip, and actually no I'm not. I was just as zealous if not more so it was just all directed into staying alive and it worked for like five phases. So don't pull that crap when you've only ever played like two games with me, you've got no clue what my meta is even for TS much less for every other site I've played on.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:VOTE MATT/SLOONEI

I hope you have more to say today. You managed to vote me, ask a few questions, and take your leave yesterday.
:ponder:

I hate when my scum links don't fall in line.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

VOTE IKA

He is acting really pingy, role hunting, and trying to set up bandwagons.
ImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

sig wrote:
ika wrote:hey golden, why are you misrepresenting silvers stances? she never voted sonji becasue he didnt post anythign yet. she will go after low content lurkers day1 but not a non-poster, there is a distinct diffrence in that.

not only that but she has fully explained how she thinks MPs interactions, case, and entire play is jsut full of scum motivation.

not only that now, he has said that it is scum vig who did the kill and not considered it to be town vig. sig did the same, the only way this can be is that one of two thing are true

A) they are scum who know its scum vig
B) they are PR where a scum vig is exsiting
Bullshit, you come out of nowhere trying to get me lynched based on the fact I didn't see the a town vig? And that I didn't think town would kill either of them day 1. That is common sense and deductive reasoning. I also don't like those saying we should claim PR roles if we have any. That is painting a big ole target on anyone who claims especially if we are in a set up without a protector/doctor. THIS IS ROLE HUNTING and in a game with so few PRs it isn't something we want done.
the bolded and underlined is town me very much. its not common sense or deductive reasoning, if i was a vig i would of shot epi easy. the fact you went to scum vig right away is more telling intself

and you saw MP (or was it you) who didnt even see the twon vig in the setups so your argument is moot
ika wrote:MP case:

super defensive and cautious
Constantly discrediting me and silver
weak case on me to try to set me up

Sig case:

super zealous compared to how he was in turf
info knowledges slip about a scum vig not thinking about the town vig perspective[/quote

Wasn't an info knowledge slip, and actually no I'm not. I was just as zealous if not more so it was just all directed into staying alive and it worked for like five phases. So don't pull that crap when you've only ever played like two games with me, you've got no clue what my meta is even for TS much less for every other site I've played on.
good thing i dont use your other sites as refrence, if you are saying what i think is invaild show me town games where you have been hyper active and had this same line of thinkging im seeing nwo
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

sig wrote:VOTE IKA

He is acting really pingy, role hunting, and trying to set up bandwagons.
it took you that long to vote me? good god yoru sucm

VOTE SIG

lynch with fire plz
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

And we've got until 10 tonight, can someone summarize the case on Golden? It seems like people think he is scummy for the frog thing right?

It isn't moot if your arguing I'm mafia so I discounted the vig.

If that is the case then your town play sucks, as town you don't hunt Power roles that is what lets the mafia win. Also why should I believe your meta I shouldn't use other sites as reference

looool nice NO U, your scummy as hell. And probably trying to get yourself lycnhed at this point.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Either way vote for Ika he is such obvious mafia and I bet he killed Silver since she can read him, which is what I've been saying for awhile. Then we lynch MM two scum down.
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

sig wrote:Either way vote for Ika he is such obvious mafia and I bet he killed Silver since she can read him, which is what I've been saying for awhile. Then we lynch MM two scum down.

If ika and I are both surely scum, why not leave your vote on me to keep me at 2 votes instead of putting each ika and I at 1 vote?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 244

Post by Dyslexicon »

Caught up. Sorting my thoughts:

Ika: Your point about MP and Sig having TMI is really bad imo. Neither strikes me as players that would make that kind of mistake, why are you not taking this into account? In what world does it make sense for you for scum!MP who is on a team with a mafia vig to come out and start the day with "oh, must be mafia vig then"? If that was me I would sure as hell avoid doing exactly that and be super aware that I shouldn't be supposed to know what the extra kill meant, and I'm pretty sure this applies to MP too.

Furthermare both MP and Sig have accounted for what made them think as they did. Your attempt to play this off as TMI looks like an excuse to scumread someone and have something to argue, and I think you're smarter than that.

Question: Why did you say people had said this play by IAWY was his scum meta? Noone said that iirc.
What is your read on IAWY now?
What if there actually is a town vig in the setup?

---

Thoughts on IAWY: Is this guy trying to come off as scum? Seriously, there's so much that makes me go nooooo reading his posts. The point about MP giving reads on his ISOs is just so random to me. He accounted for that when he did it, it's all explained there. It's not very hard to understand. The cop redcheck comment is just wtf. His vote on Golden looks random to me as well, he says it's because he wants to dig into his null reads, and then he completely disappears. Is he even trying? I feel like he's not reading the posts in the game either. It's almost a too scummy to be scum situation to me here. Would lynch in a heartbeat.

---

Marco: I don't know if it helps or what you are looking for, but for me I can fully see Golden's perspective regarding Frog, cause I pretty much shared it. Factoring into why I was fine lynching Frog was that he seemed to had stopped being productive (imo) and just came in and stated town should do such and such, this is the correct way etc etc, which didn't seem productive to me, and possible obstructive even - so that couple with the doubt is pretty much why I was fine lynching him over IAWY who hadn't said anything of value. Call it an error, lol.

I do see where you are coming from with your questions around Silver. I too thought Silver came across very towny, and had no problem with her intital MP vote. However, I can see town!Golden having a different view on this. It is also very different being the one in a two-way discussion like that and being someone watching it. I don't feel Silver was particularly easy to work with either if Golden is indeed town, and I think that might have intensified the situation. Your conversation about it and you calling it an "error" is just a matter of perspective and playstyle as I see it, and not very relevant. You see it as an error cause the "correct thing" is to go for scum and not town. Golden sees it as the "correct thing" because the right way to play is engaging with people to get reads, even if you are objectively wrong sometimes.

I feel Golden comes across as town in his conversation with Zebra and after. It all reads genuine to me. I don't know what else to say, but I can follow it as a town mindset. There is doubt in my mind, of course. I especially am puzzled by how Golden seems to avoid IAWY and not really giving a hard stance on him. It weirds me out a bit, but overall I think Golden is more likely town.

---

Marmot
is coming across more scummy for me for lighting fire under the MP suspicion without really owning it. Does he really believe that MP and/or Sig TMI'd? (See my response to Ika). He also furthered IAWY's "point" about MP giving slight leans on content he found mostly null. It's such a non-point to me, cause MP accounted for this and the whole point was obviously to try and get some kind of read on the lurkers.

---

Regarding Soneji I still take issure with his Sig read and how he doesn't seem to consider the motivation that Sig would have in trying to get him lynched. Furthermore I feel like Sig is not the type of person who would try to strongarm a Soneji lynch at EOD if he was indeed scum, and it also seems highly unlikely to me that Soneji really would be a lynch at that point when he finally had started contributing. In my mind there was no way Soneji would've been lynched at that point.

I want something else from Soneji, thoughts on other people etc.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Oh yes, and regarding the blantant PR hunting that is going on:

The setup will reveal itself with time when scum successfully kill PR. Let's not help them with that. The notion that MP or Sig TMI'd is such a stretch I can't even. Surely noone seriously believe that it is super likely that two scum would out themselves in such a blantant manner at the start of the day while having a whole night to prepare. The both gave account for their assumptions. The argument is weaksauce.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Marmot
is coming across more scummy for me for lighting fire under the MP suspicion without really owning it. Does he really believe that MP and/or Sig TMI'd? (See my response to Ika). He also furthered IAWY's "point" about MP giving slight leans on content he found mostly null. It's such a non-point to me, cause MP accounted for this and the whole point was obviously to try and get some kind of read on the lurkers.
No, I don't believe MP or sig TMI'd. Well, at least not sig (despite my lighting the fire under him).

I already explained my thoughts on the IAWY thing. I thought he made a good point. But after looking into it, I discovered it wasn't very meaningful, because his observation didn't account for the whole story.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
sig wrote:Either way vote for Ika he is such obvious mafia and I bet he killed Silver since she can read him, which is what I've been saying for awhile. Then we lynch MM two scum down.

If ika and I are both surely scum, why not leave your vote on me to keep me at 2 votes instead of putting each ika and I at 1 vote?
Oh that's a good point, but Ika is annoying me and you aren't so I wanna see him hang more right now. However, I'd be more then willing to switch to you before EOD. :beer:
ImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dyslexicon wrote:Oh yes, and regarding the blantant PR hunting that is going on:

The setup will reveal itself with time when scum successfully kill PR. Let's not help them with that. The notion that MP or Sig TMI'd is such a stretch I can't even. Surely noone seriously believe that it is super likely that two scum would out themselves in such a blantant manner at the start of the day while having a whole night to prepare. The both gave account for their assumptions. The argument is weaksauce.
Ummm, I think TMI in this case could also refer to a civilian power role.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

sig wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

Oh that's a good point, but Ika is annoying me and you aren't so I wanna see him hang more right now. However, I'd be more then willing to switch to you before EOD. :beer:
You remind me of Matt in the GoC, and that guy was scum through and through.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Why so many votes on Golden and Sloonei, and so few on IAWY and Ika? :fist:
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
sig wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:

You remind me of Matt in the GoC, and that guy was scum through and through.
Your insistence that I should switch to you is strange, is Ika a scum power role. :P

Golden what do you think of MM?
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Scum the lot of you! :omg:
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Dyslexicon wrote:Why so many votes on Golden and Sloonei, and so few on IAWY and Ika? :fist:
This except I'd say Ika and MM.

I can see both cases on them, but I think they are rather weak. I also think the IAWY case is weak, but would be fine if we split the votes between Ika, MM and even one of the other three. We've got a good chance to catch mafia if we lynch MM/Ika.
ImageImage
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Ummm, I think TMI in this case could also refer to a civilian power role.
Or VT making assumptions. Point is, it's a weak point for suspicion.
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 772
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Studying sucks. Exam is Thursday morning and requires me to know all this literature well enough to know research question/hypotheses, findings, methods employed, and author name(s) and year published. Yuck. :sigh:

However, music (Miles Davis right now) makes it somewhat tolerable. :sax: :drums:

Definitely won't be seeing you all until tonight. Can't afford the distraction.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Matt »

Wilgy - Why'd you vote for Marmot on Day 1?
DrWilgy wrote:Marmot is Marmoting and I see no reason to vote him.
Image Image Image Image
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 78

Post by DrWilgy »

Matt wrote:Wilgy - Why'd you vote for Marmot on Day 1?
DrWilgy wrote:Marmot is Marmoting and I see no reason to vote him.
Ties :p
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Lol.

Either Wilgy's bad or he dgaf haha. I could see either being true.

Wilgy - Did Marmot ever address your vote on him? I suppose I could ISO him real quick to find out, hrm...
Image Image Image Image
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 78

Post by DrWilgy »

Yeah. He stated it was for ties.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Hrm.
Image Image Image Image
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Matt wrote:Lol.

Either Wilgy's bad or he dgaf haha. I could see either being true.

Wilgy - Did Marmot ever address your vote on him? I suppose I could ISO him real quick to find out, hrm...
I already answered your question, yes.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Mm-hmm
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Where's Zebra, I wanna talk to Zeebs.

Zeebs Zeebs Zeebs

What do you think of the good doctor?
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The deadline for Day 2 is in 8 hours and 31 minutes at precisely 10:00 PM eastern US/Canada time.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marco
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 210

Post by Marco »

What're the thoughts on golden's reveal that he noticed MM hinting MP was PR day 1. And he scum read MM even though scum didn't attack MP last night.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Marco wrote:What're the thoughts on golden's reveal that he noticed MM hinting MP was PR day 1. And he scum read MM even though scum didn't attack MP last night.
Golden acknowledged that all the events relevant to this topic happened on Day 2. If he is scum, he couldn't have gone into Night 1 with this knowledge.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 65
Aka: Iawy

Post by Inawordyes »

Golden wrote:
Inawordyes wrote:Do the moment, I guess I'll start getting some info from mynp nulls reads. Since Gikden is here, may as wel, start with him!

VOTE GOLDEN

Heyo Golden! I fully intend to change my vote to someone else, but right now I have you in my larger-than-it-should-be list of null reads, so since you're here right I'd like to have some sort of interaction. Anything you can tell me about your reads and specifically some thoughts on myself, Soneji (who is currently my only Mafia read) and MP (who seems to be a bit shady)?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

MP - last time I remember playing with him where he was scum, I nailed on him on day one. Then, I died shortly afterwards and didn't get to lynch him until I got a rezz several days later, by chance, and by that point he'd done a major AtE gambit and I'd begun to doubt my read. But really, I think I am decent at reading MP. He does change things up a bit, but I think I'm much more likely to scum read his town game than town read his scum game. But he has mostly been town recently, hasn't had many scum games.

MP's cycle of frustration and apology, and in fact almost everything about MP, reeks of his town game to me. If he is scum, he has me deeply fooled and I'll congratulate him for playing a very strong scum game. The reasons I've seen for suspecting him have all been things standard to MP's town meta. He is a unique player and I like to wittingly call him 'the suicidal moron' because, when town, he is very good at doing something to make himself look incredibly scummy and end up being lynched for it. Of the people whose meta I know decently well, MP is the only one who I feel very firmly about in terms of their likelihood to be town.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You - I need to get a better grip on you. I feel like you are very likable and feel like you fit here. You have a very affable personality, in fact the kind of personality that makes me naturally want to town read you. I feel the need to beware of this. I do feel guilty often for lynching people who are new here (regardless of their affiliation) because I want people to feel welcome and stay. Especially nice people. So, I'm trying not to take this into account.

I do think others have raised good points for why you could be bad. I also think there is merit to the idea that, absent of having any communication on day one, if you were a member of mafia I could see why your teammates may have felt comfortable bussing you if they thought you weren't actually going to show up.

In some ways, you feel like a good lynch right now through little fault of your own (other than your relative absence). It does feel like lynching you could create a lot more interesting context to both day one and day two. I am listening to what you have to say, but I'd like to get a much more thorough sense of how you are feeling. As you yourself have said, you have far too many null reads right now for me to have any confidence in you. But, then, you are well behind. I hope you catch up.

My big problem in terms of reading you is... I just don't know you. That makes you hard to read.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know why Soneji wasn't around for a while - has he answered this? I have found so far that soneji has a unique angle on events and seems to be endeavouring to contribute. I can't put him above 'slight scum' on my radar yet primarily because he doesn't have enough content yet, and what there has been is quite dense so I don't feel like I've developed a strong sense of where he stands.

However, on balance, the content that soneji has provided has good feelz and thinking solely about how he has approached the game when apparently starting from a long way behind, it does make me feel a little good about him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Right back at you. How do you feel about Soneji, Marco and myself? Even if its null, what impressions have led you to null?
Thanks for the info! I don't have any knowledge on how people play here except for a few of the ones who followed from MU, so that's useful info. Hmm, I guess that helps my town read a bit, if that's part of his play (I tend to do the same thing haha, so I understand how that can go).

All fair points. I guess if I had to die for the greater good, I wouldn't be opposed necessarily. I'd fight it to the death of course if it actually went forward to happen haha, but ultimately I'm here to find baddies or be a shield for any TPRs that exists (which is kinda hard to do not knowing the setup and which ones are in play), and if my flip clears up some alignments, then I guess that'd be an acceptable sacrifice in the long run. I'll still fight it though, since I want to live! :D

Haha it's usually the opposite - people naturally read me scummy because I have severe chronic foot-in-mouth disease. As someone in MU out it in a recent game, I'm D1 scum mislynch bait because I do a good job of killing my chances of living, which is kinda like you mentioned for MP above. Fortunately I can step up later on since the baddies usually keep me alive under the assumption that they can scapegoat me later while they get rid of bigger threats, so I have that to look forward to if they don't pull the rug out from underneath me!

Let me know what you want me to kind of give to the thread and I'll do my best, I'm admittedly just kinda reading and spectating at the moment because it's a new community, I don't have that good of reads, so I'm kinda skittish (is that the right word?) about speaking up and entering the conversation with nothing new to bring forward except the occasional thought when I'm catching up, so the best way would be to let me know what you want me to bring.

Soneji never answered AFAICR. I don't really have that great of a sense of him because I can't really seem to get into his posts and dissect them. He's a slight Mafia for me because of a gut read, but that's not enough to really push him ATM, which is why I'm focusing on getting more from my nulls to better develop and define them.

Soneji I commented on above a little, if you need more let me know and I'll try to articulate better, but as for right now I'm pretty sure I don't really have mkre thsn that haha. You and Marco I have null specifically because I feel like there isn't a "right" side to your back-and-forth. I've been reading everything both of you have posted, but without any baddies to be able to be able to base interactions off of, I don't see anything either if you are saying as alignment-indicative as this point. If anything, I'd say it's V/V, but I don't think either of you are necessarily wrong in your differing viewpoints. And that definitely doesn't make either of you inherently a goodie or a baddie.

After having some interaction from you in my way though, I feel better abiut your townieness, so I'd move you up to a slight town for the moment, and with that:

VOTE MARCO

I'll move onto the other half, in Marco.

Heyo Marco! I feel like we've not really had much interaction between us, so I'd like to hear from you. Same as I asked Golden, what are your current reads, and what are your thoughts specifically on MP, myself and Soneji? I also am curious about your thoughts on Golden - and I ask the vice-versa to you Golden, what are your current thoughts on Marco?
:omg:
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

Dyslexicon wrote:Thoughts on IAWY: Is this guy trying to come off as scum? Seriously, there's so much that makes me go nooooo reading his posts. The point about MP giving reads on his ISOs is just so random to me. He accounted for that when he did it, it's all explained there. It's not very hard to understand. The cop redcheck comment is just wtf. His vote on Golden looks random to me as well, he says it's because he wants to dig into his null reads, and then he completely disappears. Is he even trying? I feel like he's not reading the posts in the game either. It's almost a too scummy to be scum situation to me here. Would lynch in a heartbeat.
Haha so here's an example of someone with the standard IAWY thoughts.

I'm guessing you didn't catch up as thoroughly as you thought, because I explained why I was voting for Golden and why I disappeared (I went to sleep, kept the vote overnight since Golden didn't say anything about it before I left. I don't like the insinuation that I'm not doing anything or that I'm just out of touch with the game (I am, and I am not respectively), because that makes it easy to justify a lynch, especially if that's the main basis of your argument, which as written here is not that substantive.
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Marco wrote:What're the thoughts on golden's reveal that he noticed MM hinting MP was PR day 1. And he scum read MM even though scum didn't attack MP last night.
Golden acknowledged that all the events relevant to this topic happened on Day 2. If he is scum, he couldn't have gone into Night 1 with this knowledge.
Ah. Strange that he called it early game then.

Anyway, my assertion was that if he thought you hinted MP being PR, then his scum read on you is odd as you would've attacked MP. A bit moot now, since he apparently meant today, not early game.

@IAWY, I'm curious about why you suspect me. Looking forward to your explanation.
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

By the way, I've already given my bare bones thoughts on you, MP, and Soneji. If you're looking for something extensive, then you'll have to wait till next dayphase. As I won't be home until around 10 hours from now and posting from phone is extremely cumbersome.
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

Marco wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Ah. Strange that he called it early game then.

Anyway, my assertion was that if he thought you hinted MP being PR, then his scum read on you is odd as you would've attacked MP. A bit moot now, since he apparently meant today, not early game.

@IAWY, I'm curious about why you suspect me. Looking forward to your explanation.
I don't suspect you. Haha that's the problem, I have a null read on you, so I want to hear from you (specifically right now in this case because I heard from Golden already and you two are going back and forth). It's not because I find you scummy, I just want some info since I'm lacking so much at the moment. I fully intend to change it to someone else.

Addendum: That's fine, I can focus on someone else for the moment if you won't be able to give anything. I don't want barebones, I want in-depth so that I can get a firsthand sense of your thinking and reasoning. So now I need to figure out who's actually here right now haha.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 528

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote:I especially am puzzled by how Golden seems to avoid IAWY and not really giving a hard stance on him. It weirds me out a bit, but overall I think Golden is more likely town.
I don't know quite how this is the feeling you get, perhaps I've been a bit too fair in giving my hesitations, but let me clear this up.

My hard stance on IAWY is scum. I helped start the wagon on IAWY yesterday, without me that wouldn't have been a viable lynch option any more than Frog was, and at this point in time IAWY is one place where I feel my vote could realistically end up.

I do have hesitations in this read. I don't know IAWY, for one.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

Oh, nobody is? O-okay, that's fine, I didn't want to talk to anybody anyways...

FOREVER ALONE

Addendum: ohai Golden! I already talked to you haha, shoo. :p
Inawordyes
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Inawordyes »

Where is Psi? I don't remember him posting at all today, if he has his posts have just been super unmemorable. That doesn't make for a good vote though, so let's go with the one who seems like a Beetlejuicing active lurker.

VOTE DRWILGY

You seem to show up when someone mentions your name but disappear otherwise. Can you give me any reason to think you're town for this kind of behavior? Can you give me a hottake on your reads at the moment?
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

I'm switching back to MM since the Ika thing didn't take off. However, I look forward to him getting strung up and me being proven right soon. :P

VOTE METALMARSH89

If I had to pick between Golden, IWAY, and Sloonie. I'd need to pick from Sloonie/Matt and IWAY. The main issue I've got with voting for them is that Matt is with me on MM, this could be distancing or I could be wrong about one, but I'm unsure and need to think about it. I don't want to lynch IWAY until MM is gone.
ImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

sig wrote:Golden what do you think of MM?
I've been pinged by some of the things he does, but I tone read him town - its hard figuring out what side of the fence I put him on right now, but possibly slight town.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

sig wrote:I'm switching back to MM since the Ika thing didn't take off. However, I look forward to him getting strung up and me being proven right soon. :P

VOTE METALMARSH89

If I had to pick between Golden, IWAY, and Sloonie. I'd need to pick from Sloonie/Matt and IWAY. The main issue I've got with voting for them is that Matt is with me on MM, this could be distancing or I could be wrong about one, but I'm unsure and need to think about it. I don't want to lynch IWAY until MM is gone.
Why you always after me siggy?

What do you think Wilgy?
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

EPWOP - What do you think OF* Wilgy?
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Inawordyes wrote:and I ask the vice-versa to you Golden, what are your current thoughts on Marco?
I still read Marco as pretty solidly town. I was irked by statements that I felt suggested one play style is preferable to another, but ultimately (especially after a sleep) see it as NAI, so I'm sticking with my read from before then.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”