Mafia Championship Scrimmage [END]

Dyslexicon
<3
Posts in topic: 244

Re: Mafia Championship Scrimmage

Post by Dyslexicon »

a2thezebra wrote:Stop it, you're hurting my town read of Zexy.
I may have done something else stupid as well, but I don't care cause yolo. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't understand why people have him as a townread in general. He was active at the start, did some questioning, but not many conclusive thoughts. All null imo. And then he writes a catch up now and then and doesn't follow up for the longest time. Such skating wow.
Marco
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 210

Post by Marco »

It should be noted that zexy has not really been engaging in the game since after the first half of day 1. I'm still waiting on those ISO reads he promised around 72 hours ago.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 246

Post by a2thezebra »

Dyslexicon wrote:
I may have done something else stupid as well, but I don't care cause yolo. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I don't understand why people have him as a townread in general. He was active at the start, did some questioning, but not many conclusive thoughts. All null imo. And then he writes a catch up now and then and doesn't follow up for the longest time. Such skating wow.
His reads just seemed genuine to me. It seems (seemed? not sure to be honest) like he is trying to figure out things without being swayed too easily in any given direction. A legitimate effort to find the baddies.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Why was everyone ok lynching IAWY D1, but not today?

Why is Golden on the same wagon as IAWY who he apparently suspects?

Town needs to organize a lynch and not have too much EOD cray cray here.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Marco wrote:It should be noted that zexy has not really been engaging in the game since after the first half of day 1. I'm still waiting on those ISO reads he promised around 72 hours ago.
Do you suspect him for this or do you not think it is alignment-indicative?
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

Dyslexicon wrote:

I've been having the same thoughts. I've been meaning scum in zexy since day 1, so it's surprising to see people town read him.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Dyslexicon wrote:Why was everyone ok lynching IAWY D1, but not today?

Why is Golden on the same wagon as IAWY who he apparently suspects?

Town needs to organize a lynch and not have too much EOD cray cray here.
As to the first question, I haven't been okay with an IAWY lynch ever since MP ISO'd him and provided no analysis that convinced me, but did convince quite a few others.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

a2thezebra wrote:His reads just seemed genuine to me. It seems (seemed? not sure to be honest) like he is trying to figure out things without being swayed too easily in any given direction. A legitimate effort to find the baddies.
That's fine as a read of his actions, but that is kind of what scum does though - try to come across as making a legitimate effort to find scum. :shrug: He has not amazed me with his towniness at any point in this game.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Dyslexicon wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:His reads just seemed genuine to me. It seems (seemed? not sure to be honest) like he is trying to figure out things without being swayed too easily in any given direction. A legitimate effort to find the baddies.
That's fine as a read of his actions, but that is kind of what scum does though - try to come across as making a legitimate effort to find scum. :shrug: He has not amazed me with his towniness at any point in this game.
Well of course, I'm just saying that I haven't sensed that he's trying to come across that way, rather that he is that way. But perhaps not recently. I don't know. You and Marco have got me questioning my read of him.
Marco
Stool Pigeon

Post by Marco »

I've been suspecting zexy since day 1. He never even answered me how my posts were "scum motivated" "one liners" with "no thought behind them" just a few hours after leaning town on me.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

a2thezebra wrote:As to the first question, I haven't been okay with an IAWY lynch ever since MP ISO'd him and provided no analysis that convinced me, but did convince quite a few others.
K, well I think he's scum. I think it's likely Ika bussed IAWY D1, he talked from a perspective that IAWY was confirmed scum. I think it's been mentioned already (by Ika himself iirc) that Ika would bus hard as scum, and if IAWY was scum doing nothing D1 it would not be an unreasonable tactic as he would be likely to get lynched sooner rather than later anyway. I can also see other people teamed with IAWY like Soneji, Golden and Matt. But that's my view.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 299
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Marco wrote:It should be noted that zexy has not really been engaging in the game since after the first half of day 1. I'm still waiting on those ISO reads he promised around 72 hours ago.
And yet I was a leading lynch candidate yesterday for not being around the first half of Day 1 and engaging the second half. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

People do have really short memories in mafia, myself included.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

^^ I do realize I am simplifying a lot of factors in that post, but I just wanted to throw that out there.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Golden wrote:In respect of ika, he comes across as very earnest - he did in Turf Wars when bad too, but in that case he knew he would appear town if lynched. I town read him in part because of silverwolf's death, and then when he honestly stated something like 'I would kill silverwolf' his honesty in that when he had no need to point it out made me feel good about him as well. On the flip side, ika getting fixated bothers me - not because it's necessarily a scum tell, but because it minimises his interactions significantly if he is scum. Overall, though, I just 'feel good' about ika right now. Not strongly good. Just, I don't get any feelings that I need to poke there.
Why? He already had said this D1. He woudln't be able to deny it.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Dyslexicon wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:As to the first question, I haven't been okay with an IAWY lynch ever since MP ISO'd him and provided no analysis that convinced me, but did convince quite a few others.
K, well I think he's scum. I think it's likely Ika bussed IAWY D1, he talked from a perspective that IAWY was confirmed scum. I think it's been mentioned already (by Ika himself iirc) that Ika would bus hard as scum, and if IAWY was scum doing nothing D1 it would not be an unreasonable tactic as he would be likely to get lynched sooner rather than later anyway. I can also see other people teamed with IAWY like Soneji, Golden and Matt. But that's my view.
Perhaps he is. I have town reads on both ika and IAWY, stronger town reads than Zexy I should note. ika always speaks with unwarranted certainty, in a previous game with him he actually made fun of me for insisting there be a distinction between a strong read of his and a confirmed town/scum player, I am not kidding. I'm not looking for teammate connections to IAWY only because I don't read him as mafia. If I'm currently speculating teammate connections then it's in regards to MM and Golden.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Golden wrote:In respect of ika, he comes across as very earnest - he did in Turf Wars when bad too, but in that case he knew he would appear town if lynched. I town read him in part because of silverwolf's death, and then when he honestly stated something like 'I would kill silverwolf' his honesty in that when he had no need to point it out made me feel good about him as well. On the flip side, ika getting fixated bothers me - not because it's necessarily a scum tell, but because it minimises his interactions significantly if he is scum. Overall, though, I just 'feel good' about ika right now. Not strongly good. Just, I don't get any feelings that I need to poke there.
Why? He already had said this D1. He woudln't be able to deny it.
Not only that but he makes sure to say it in every game.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

My town read of ika partially comes from his insistence on his reads and his total lack of hesitance to call people out for any little thing, similar to myself.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:^^ I do realize I am simplifying a lot of factors in that post, but I just wanted to throw that out there.
Lol, if you are town this game you have this tendency to be all pushing things behind the scenes, popping in and just throw some gasolin on whatever fire is burning. If you are scum, then that's your scum style I guess. Just an observation.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

a2thezebra wrote:My town read of ika partially comes from his insistence on his reads and his total lack of hesitance to call people out for any little thing, similar to myself.
I assume you read Golden as scum still. Who do you see as his teammates?
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 90
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

The deadline for Day 2 is in 3 hours and 18 minutes at precisely 10:00 PM eastern US/Canada time.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:^^ I do realize I am simplifying a lot of factors in that post, but I just wanted to throw that out there.
Lol, if you are town this game you have this tendency to be all pushing things behind the scenes, popping in and just throw some gasolin on whatever fire is burning. If you are scum, then that's your scum style I guess. Just an observation.
The only thing I've done behind the scenes is submit a nightkill for Epignosis and Silverwolf. ;)

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Dyslexicon wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:My town read of ika partially comes from his insistence on his reads and his total lack of hesitance to call people out for any little thing, similar to myself.
I assume you read Golden as scum still. Who do you see as his teammates?
If not MM, then as much as I hate to say it, possibly MP. I'm not sure though and I definitely don't want to bite down on the latter conclusion too soon.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
The only thing I've done behind the scenes is submit a nightkill for Epignosis and Silverwolf. ;)
Dis goi
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

a2thezebra wrote:Perhaps he is. I have town reads on both ika and IAWY, stronger town reads than Zexy I should note. ika always speaks with unwarranted certainty, in a previous game with him he actually made fun of me for insisting there be a distinction between a strong read of his and a confirmed town/scum player, I am not kidding. I'm not looking for teammate connections to IAWY only because I don't read him as mafia. If I'm currently speculating teammate connections then it's in regards to MM and Golden.
Oh ok, didn't see this before now. I get that about Ika, I assumed this was kind of his meta. There was a point where I town read him on D1, but I lost confident in that at some point, also maybe because Silver did.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:The only thing I've done behind the scenes is submit a nightkill for Epignosis and Silverwolf. ;)
We all know that was Ika who scum claimed that he did it. You don't fool me. :rolleyes:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Dyslexicon wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Perhaps he is. I have town reads on both ika and IAWY, stronger town reads than Zexy I should note. ika always speaks with unwarranted certainty, in a previous game with him he actually made fun of me for insisting there be a distinction between a strong read of his and a confirmed town/scum player, I am not kidding. I'm not looking for teammate connections to IAWY only because I don't read him as mafia. If I'm currently speculating teammate connections then it's in regards to MM and Golden.
Oh ok, didn't see this before now. I get that about Ika, I assumed this was kind of his meta. There was a point where I town read him on D1, but I lost confident in that at some point, also maybe because Silver did.
See I was too busy reading Silver as mafia before she was NK'd to consider that she may be right about ika. Perhaps that is something to look at.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:The only thing I've done behind the scenes is submit a nightkill for Epignosis and Silverwolf. ;)
We all know that was Ika who scum claimed that he did it. You don't fool me. :rolleyes:
Can I take partial credit?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

a2thezebra wrote:See I was too busy reading Silver as mafia before she was NK'd to consider that she may be right about ika. Perhaps that is something to look at.
Another thing I did not understand you doing at all. Didn't bring it up at the time cause I was feeling a wee bit tunnelly.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

a2thezebra wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
Can I take partial credit?
Always. :P
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Dyslexicon wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:See I was too busy reading Silver as mafia before she was NK'd to consider that she may be right about ika. Perhaps that is something to look at.
Another thing I did not understand you doing at all. Didn't bring it up at the time cause I was feeling a wee bit tunnelly.
What, reading Silver as bad?
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 49

Post by Matt »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Oh yeah why? I dun think I've even met IAWY yet :(

Thinking of changing my vote to Wilgster, but if I'm wrong, I'll be very sad.

I don't agree with Zebra's assessment that Wilgy cares less what he looks like when he's good. I think Wilgy is completely random in any given game (he's told me as such, fyi). What I'm interested in is that he voted Marmot on Day One. First, it's uncharacteristic for Wilgy to do such a thing, I seem to remember a few games where they had some sort of brotherly love going. Second, in this very game, he stated he would not vote Marmot, and then did.

Third...ties :suspish:

Oh, Dyslexi - Why do you think I'mt teamies with IAWY? I dun think I've even officially met him yet. If you think myself, Golden, and Soneji are teamies with him, how do you feel about my relationship with Golden and Soneji this game? Do you think Golden immediately voting for me when I replaced in was distancing?
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

For the record, the only way I could see MP as being bad at this point is if he is teammates with Golden. If he's not teammates with Golden, then I have no reason at all to think he is bad. On the flip side, Golden is probably mafia regardless of who he is teammates with.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Oops, addressed the IAWY thing twice. Stupid proofreading skillz.
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Yeah, you said that you didn't even think you had met him...twice. :mafia:
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

a2thezebra wrote:Yeah, you said that you didn't even think you had met him...twice. :mafia:
:mafia:
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Yeah, you said that you didn't even think you had met him...twice. :mafia:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

So Matt are you going to vote for Wilgy or not?
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

a2thezebra wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
Yup.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

So you disagree with my disagreeing with you on Wilgy? XD

Linki - Maybe
Image Image Image Image
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Dyslexicon wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Dyslexicon wrote:
Yup.
What did you not understand about it?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Matt wrote:So you disagree with my disagreeing with you on Wilgy? XD

Linki - Maybe
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 528

Post by Golden »

a2thezebra wrote:Golden, what is your current read of MM?
Slight town.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

This is why I suspected Silver, it's very simple.
a2thezebra wrote:
Silverwolf wrote: IAWY-MP's points are a very superficial and amount to playstyle and I have him back at null
Silverwolf wrote: IAWY I would vote for and lynch in a heartbeat
Silverwolf wrote:VOTE INAWORDYES
Hahahahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahhahaha what the fuck.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote:What do you all think about this? Too detailed and paranoid? Or legit suspicion?
Had to point it out cause it's bugging my brain.
I'd need more evident. The posts you've posted all have natural tenses regardless of the identity of who is dead.
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

Matt wrote:Oh, Dyslexi - Why do you think I'mt teamies with IAWY? I dun think I've even officially met him yet. If you think myself, Golden, and Soneji are teamies with him, how do you feel about my relationship with Golden and Soneji this game? Do you think Golden immediately voting for me when I replaced in was distancing?
Hold the phone bro. I just speculating about people possibly teamed with IAWY if he flips scum. I was not saying "such and such is thee scum team, repent thy way, foul scum!"

I don't tend to think you and Golden are teamed, that much I can say. Soneji could be teamed with about anyone other than Sig. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Golden wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Golden, what is your current read of MM?
Slight town.
I see. Unless I'm mistaken, the only thing that made you initially suspect him was his hinting that MP had a power role, correct?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

This is fair. It's easy to create a town persona early and then skate on it. If it became a pattern I would have to revisit my read.
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Dyslexicon wrote:
Matt wrote:Oh, Dyslexi - Why do you think I'mt teamies with IAWY? I dun think I've even officially met him yet. If you think myself, Golden, and Soneji are teamies with him, how do you feel about my relationship with Golden and Soneji this game? Do you think Golden immediately voting for me when I replaced in was distancing?
Hold the phone bro. I just speculating about people possibly teamed with IAWY if he flips scum. I was not saying "such and such is thee scum team, repent thy way, foul scum!"

I don't tend to think you and Golden are teamed, that much I can say. Soneji could be teamed with about anyone other than Sig. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Oh okay.

I don't understand why you think I'm teamies with IAWY tho. Is it something I did or some kind of Sloonei-leakage that I gotta deal with?
Image Image Image Image
Dyslexicon
<3

Post by Dyslexicon »

a2thezebra wrote:This is why I suspected Silver, it's very simple.
I know why it was. I just dissagree. She was super towny imo.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Dyslexicon wrote:Why is Golden on the same wagon as IAWY who he apparently suspects?
IAWY's votes hardly seem to be indicative of who he thinks is actually bad. He is voting for his null reads to get them to talk. Voting for a teammate within that context would not only be normal, but if scum practically mandatory.

Return to “Previous Sit Downs”