Total votes: 11
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 217
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Re: Downton Abbey Mafia (Day 4)

Post by Marmot »

I think Epignosis won the battle of wits today by forfeit.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Epignosis wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I just asked the host something else.

Kills can be blocked but not redirected. Therefore, what Lorab suggested about Silverwolf isn't possible. Silverwolf is 100% civilian.
I would have never thought to ask that one. I think it was always best to consider Silver a Civ, rather than an extremely unfortunate baddie.
I've been rather aapjistic lately. :grin:
:haha: BR will love that one.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 486

Post by Epignosis »

I went through all of Nerolunar's posts with the lens of "This guy is bad." I didn't find anything that didn't require that lens for me to suspect him.

He has a high level of interaction with the active deceased. He voted for birdwithteeth11, he voted for DFaraday (though he claimed he wanted to change to Matt but did not), and he voted for Polo at one point. He talked a good deal about Silverwolf early on. Nerolunar is a guy who is in the thick of it.

He should be under scrutiny, but hasn't been. If he's bad, then it's been a brave show for him. But as it stands right now, I don't think he is, so he isn't brave. :p
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Illyria
The Mark
Posts in topic: 88

Post by Illyria »

sig wrote:@Illyria what do you think of me right know? Who are your top three civ and mafia reads.

@Everyone can you clue me in on Illyria's meta? Is she usually so jokey about serious stuff like lynch votes on her? I've seen a few things one in particular which I'll link and I'm unsure if she is being playful or manipulative. (Not in a bad way, but in like a you might be mafia and I wanna kill you way :P)
Illyria wrote:
Dom wrote:I'm putting a vote on Illy right now. I didn't love her responses to being suspected and I'm going to be out for the rest of teh day.
That hurts young man. :pout:
Yes, yes I am. I know this site is more srs bsns than others, but since Wilgy *just* started posting normally, and with Ika refusing to spellcheck, I am not going to apologize for my OTness --or overuse of smileys. :noble:

You are in my undecided category. Leaning civ.

Top three civ and mafia reads.

Civ:

Epi
Dom
BR
LC?

Bad:
LC?
Nero
??

Gut leaning civvie but undecided
Matt
Sig
Daisy
llama

Gut leaning bad but undecided:
LoRab (sorry honey, and she is right, I frequently think she is Evil when she is not)
Ika (this is influenced by not being able to understand his posts very well)
Scotty
Sorsha

You may have seen I have LC twice, I do. I try to stay as neutral as I can on him as I have been so SO wrong about him being Evil. I have also been so SO right about it too. :grin:
sig wrote:
Epignosis wrote:"Meta" is foolishness.
I disagree. Though if you won't talk meta what do you think of her slightly manipulative posts and comments about how fast and crazy the game is.

linki: That is actually a good point I forgot about that. @Sorsha why did you keep your vote on bubbles/Bea when she was replaced with an active player?
Wooooooaaaah! I don't think I have ever said it was fast, I have been thankful it has been slow ish as my work schedule was made before I made the call to join the game. Where was I manipulative? Links please.

Next up, I get that you are drumming up any leads you can but keep looking.
ika wrote:and frankly im not in any mood to try to defend myself nor care to.

lynch me and then lynch sig/llama/dasiy
:confused2: :confused2:
Long Con wrote:
sig wrote:I think I wouldn't need to have asked a loaded question if someone had given me a meta read/insight instead of saying meta was foolish. :shrug:
The idea that you "needed to ask a loaded question" in order to get the response you wanted is the thing that strikes me as "slightly manipulative" in this situation. :mad:
^^ This.
thellama73 wrote:I'm putting my vote on Scotty for now. The more I think about him, the more I suspect he's been flying under the radar this whole time.
I have been thinking about this game for two days at work, and I think that we do need to look at people who are doing this, Scotty is on my list but I am not ready to vote for him by a long shot. As it stands right now I want to re read Nero and Scotty to get an idea of what stands out or doesnt.

Linki: Great minds Epi *high fives*
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 161

Post by Matt »

Not a lot of time today peeps.

Going back to ika.

Peace
Image Image Image Image
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I skimmed through bad DrWilgy in Star Wars. He spent the first several phases "catching up." He got rather more serious in the late stage (his team won).

He is, by my reckoning, the only person to have been (presumably) Lady Rosed. There was nobody today, and nobody Day 2, that I can recall. Rose could have been blocked twice or failed to send anything in.

Ask yourself this: If you were Lady Rose, what curse did you give DrWilgy? How would your curse be worded?

"DrWilgy must post in random capital letters for Day 3?"

If you were Lady Rose, and had a role that invited such creativity, is that the kind of curse you would send after (presumably) not acting or being able to act? And would you target DrWilgy to post bizarrely, even though he had been posting bizarrely already?

Wilgy's votes went to Black Rock, Illyria, and spacedaisy, and now sig, none of them with any case or conviction.

DrWilgy is someone I would be willing to lynch.
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Nerolunar »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Hey Nerolunar, after you found out that Scotty might be silenced, why did vote for LoRab and not sig?
I think she is more suspicous than Sig. Lorab did still spend lots of time defending herself and holding back reads, and has only recently gotten into the game - I think she is actively cleaning up, making us forget why we were suspicious of her in the fisrt place. Sig is a different case - his playstyle differs on a tone level but Im less sure about him. Going forward I will be willing to vote for him, but right now Lorab is the more suspicious imo.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Illyria
The Mark

Post by Illyria »

So I am going through Wilgy's posts and I was going to skip the posting but not posting section like this:
DrWilgy wrote:*Wilgy's body continues to deteriorate*

Until this caught my eye.
DrWilgy wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:
DFaraday wrote:I'm not liking so many votes on Dom already. Especially since I don't think he's done anything shady.

As for Ika's comments re: Epi, I don't agree with it. And I think the practice of policy voting people for not playing a distinctly town game, regardless of whether that person is actually bad, is itself not a town strategy.
This post is scummy due to the fact that it's an instant defense of the leading wagon.
In your experience does scum usually defend against day one bandwagons?

sorry I'm posting one response at a time and not multi-quoting, I'm at work and don't know when I'm going to have to drop my phone and look like I'm actually working. I don't want to have a big post just sitting there waiting for me to get back to it.
Yes, as I explained in a previous post, I've seen it and done it myself as scum.
I came across that post eventually. I agree that the changeable votes are nice for making those kinds of pressure votes possible... Have you ever defended a day one bandwagon as a civ?
If I think the wagon is on town I will but usually not right away in a game. Only if I think the lynch is going through and I don't want the person lynched. I often will jump on wagons early game for reactions and discussion. I don't defend them then for the most part as town. Usually only later and only when I'm fairly confident it's a mislynch. I did that with ika in Turf Wars on D1 cuz I thought the reasons they were lynching him were bad and amounted to playstyle differences. Later I scumread him and he was scum.
*A bucket of popcorn falls to the floor, it seems to imply that Wilgy used to do the contrary when he was alive. He would just sit back and watch the show as a baddie. "Too much effort to get involved", he would think*
Well, the good news is this is what you are doing, so thanks for clarifying that for us.

Then he was "insanified-- I used the half quote here because since no one else has been insanified he could have been faking.

I see a couple of options here:
1. Lady Rose does not like insanifying people, but they chose Wilgy because she had to (I doubt it)
2. Lady Rose is dead, either before Wigly was "insanified", or is now dead.
3. They missed sending in PM's
4. Wigly is Mafia, and they found out who Lady Rose was, then killed them.
DrWilgy wrote:C'mon everyone.

Since when does a baddie get a 5 vote lead without a cop check claim?
Scolding us here, when up until now, he has contributed almost nothing.

I am not sure how the games work here anymore, but we have done it in games played many a moon ago sans check. Some with, to be sure. Some without. Solid detective work got us there.
DrWilgy wrote:Umm... Lorab senpai...
I still don't understand this really. In urban dictionary it means "someone who will never notice you". I don't see where he was asking her questions or where he was ignored. LoRab maybe Evil but she is pretty good at answering questions directed at her. I thought I remembered it from when I took Japanese so I went to look it up in my dictionary, and I was right. It means "senior member of the group". Using this definition it changes the post a little. She had just said he may have faked
thellama73 wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Yes!
If you actually are bad, this might be the most brilliant move I've seen from you yet.
DrWilgy wrote:Do we wanna lynch Sig today?
DrWilgy wrote:
sig wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Im getting baddie vibrations from Sig.

I'll vote there.
Day 4 and only vibrations? Not a very good reason to vote. :shrug:
Seems like a good reason to me. Sig why is the reason behind your vote more concerning than the fact that it happened?
This is kind of substantive??

I am not purporting to be the Queen of all Posts of Substance, I am not. I am working under my theory that the Mafia is posting juuuuuust enough to look like the are playing when they are not contributing in a real way.

Linki: Damnit Epi LOL. :D :biggrin:
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 54

Post by DrWilgy »

Hmm... in that case I'm always mafia
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

DrWilgy wrote:Hmm... in that case I'm always mafia
Is spending 3 cycles doing barely anything normal to you? You seemed more active in Arkham despite only living for 1-2 days. Can´t remember the exact time.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
Illyria
The Mark

Post by Illyria »

Wow. That is an impassioned defense. Okay, thanks.

I am going to ask people who have played with him before is this true?
Nerolunar wrote:
Is spending 3 cycles doing barely anything normal to you? You seemed more active in Arkham despite only living for 1-2 days. Can´t remember the exact time.
^^ Like that.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 60

Post by Elohcin »

Epignosis wrote:I just asked the host something else.

Kills can be blocked but not redirected. Therefore, what Lorab suggested about Silverwolf isn't possible. Silverwolf is 100% civilian.
This is correct. If the blocker blocks someone, they block every actions that person tries to commit. However, if the redirector happens to redirect the person who is also killing, only the regular night action will be redirected. It works for this game to keep balance.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Nerolunar wrote:
Depends on my attention span.

Also had no work today so I just happened to be here when you posted a big ol' thang about me. YAY ME!
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
ika
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 253

Post by ika »

sigh.....
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

Wilgy, why were you posting in random capital letters before?

Do you see any similarities between your gameplay and Matt's?
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I moved my vote to DrWilgy. Even if Scotty is bad, he has a pair of breathing teammates.
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Spacedaisy »

Long Con wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:That said, I disagree with the following statement. I'm not convinced the doctor is faking. We didn't see anyone insanified Day 1, it could easily be faked if they felt the insanifier was dead. Have we seen anyone insanified today? I haven't yet read back over Wilgy yet, but my gut is still unsettled about his "insanified" posts.
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I don't think the doctor's faking. No one else has been cursed.
Is it just me, or did you mean to say the opposite of this statement? Maybe "I'm not convinced the doctor isn't faking"?
Urg, that was a typo, I meant that I'm not convinced Wilgy isn't faking. I think the rest of that post should make sense with that fix, lol.

Also Dom, you keep saying that but you missed what my point was. I never thought that Bubbles was forcibly replaced. My point was Matt was busy too but had not asked to be replaced when Bubbles must have because she had a super fast replacement, but she hadn't even mentioned it. On the flip side, Matt had been telling us how busy he was and how difficult he was having to keep up, but he hadn't asked for a replacement. I have only ever seen people replaced without asking when they have been absent for extended periods of time and can't be reached.

Am I the only one who thinks Matt may have been caught in a lie? I'm putting my vote there for now.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Long Con wrote:Wilgy, why were you posting in random capital letters before?

Do you see any similarities between your gameplay and Matt's?
Insanity.

Are y'all playas voting fer me now?
Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

What's this? Sig has the lead and there's 40 billion other wagons and singular votes to choose from less than an hour from EOD?

this makes me feel good.

I could see Sig and Epi being baddies together. Kinda have the same baddie vibrations from both of them. I suppose that Llama felt the same thing towards Epi if I recall correctly. Seems similar to Turf Wars Epi.
Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 132

Post by sig »

So I think Epi has some good points on Wilgy. However, I think Matt's post was strange I'll need to think on it.

@Illyria I didn't mean to say you shouldn't post OT or smiles it was just part of something I noticed so I thought I should mention it. :)
ImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

i like how for all of the ohter days i was never batted an eye and now suddenly i get suspected for whatever reason

more votes on sig plz
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

ACTUALLY!! this is it:

Epi, Sig, Nero!

Boom-bassa-boom!
Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

DrWilgy wrote:What's this? Sig has the lead and there's 40 billion other wagons and singular votes to choose from less than an hour from EOD?

this makes me feel good.

I could see Sig and Epi being baddies together. Kinda have the same baddie vibrations from both of them. I suppose that Llama felt the same thing towards Epi if I recall correctly. Seems similar to Turf Wars Epi.
I'm not a baddie and I'm not getting lycnhed today. Switch to someone who is actually mafia unless you're mafia. :ponder:

linki: lol I'm not mafia
ImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Wilgy gunning out reads the moment he comes under suspicion.
ImageImage

ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

Epignosis wrote:
sig wrote:
Epignosis wrote:At present, I would be willing to vote sig or Scotty, but my willingness needs reason.
Your reason to vote for Scotty would be to tie it with Sig, and sig is awesome. :nicenod:

Or you could join me and vote for Ika. :shrug:
sig.

ika.

I don't do, "Hey help me lynch this guy" and "join me and vote that guy!"
how about no. how about you help me lynch sig, or you could jsut help scuma nd vote me
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

sig wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:What's this? Sig has the lead and there's 40 billion other wagons and singular votes to choose from less than an hour from EOD?

this makes me feel good.

I'm not a baddie and I'm not getting lycnhed today. Switch to someone who is actually mafia unless you're mafia. :ponder:

says every scum ever
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Nerolunar wrote:Wilgy gunning out reads the moment he comes under suspicion.
Yes agreed one of which is me, who is an easy person to say is mafia and not big deal when I flip civ. Wanna vote for me with him?
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

ika wrote:
sig wrote:

this makes me feel good.

says every scum ever
Have you made a case on me? No

You're either playing a bad civ game or you're mafia. So tell me did you or your team kill Silver?
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

sig wrote:

this makes me feel good.

Oh sheet! Sig y'got me! I'm clearly mafia.

*Gives Sig a hug, Sig doesn't realize that there is a porcupine hidden in Wilgy's shirt*

@Nero
DrWilgy wrote:Also had no work today so I just happened to be here when you posted a big ol' thang about me. YAY ME!
My confirmations have been confirmed! Epi, Sig and Nero in that yorder!
Image Image Image
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

sig wrote:
Yes agreed one of which is me, who is an easy person to say is mafia and not big deal when I flip civ. Wanna vote for me with him?
I suspect you, but I suspect him even more. Fine with me. This Lorab vote aint going anywhere.

DrWilgy
ImageImage

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Nerolunar wrote:
sig wrote:
I suspect you, but I suspect him even more. Fine with me. This Lorab vote aint going anywhere.

DrWilgy
Cool, I'm glad you aren't voting Lorab!

Don't vote Scotty either for that matter.
Image Image Image
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Scotty is silenced and can´t defend himself.
ImageImage

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

DrWilgy wrote:
sig wrote:

this makes me feel good.

Oh sheet! Sig y'got me! I'm clearly mafia.

*Gives Sig a hug, Sig doesn't realize that there is a porcupine hidden in Wilgy's shirt*

@Nero
DrWilgy wrote:Also had no work today so I just happened to be here when you posted a big ol' thang about me. YAY ME!
My confirmations have been confirmed! Epi, Sig and Nero in that yorder!
Lol neither you or Ika have a case on me, LC barely has one. I get a fly by no mention vote by Ika right after LC, that is scummy. Not to mention you who has barely done anything this game.
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Nerolunar wrote:Scotty is silenced and can´t defend himself.
So?
Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Silencing is a civ power though.
ImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

I suspect Scotty, but I just won´t lynch someone who can´t defend himself. That would be really shitty.
ImageImage

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

okay.
ImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

sig wrote:okay.
Don´t you think so?
ImageImage

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Nerolunar wrote:
sig wrote:okay.
Don´t you think so?
Yes.
ImageImage
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Wilgy selfvoted.

Im having doubts already lol. Wouldn´t his teammates be stopping him in BTSC?
ImageImage

sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

DrWilgy wrote:
So?
Would you lynch someone who couldn't talk? :ponder:

And if you think the mafia team would expose themselves to save me you'd be foolish.

linki: No it seems like a scum strategy tbh. Also i don't doubt he will switch his vote before EOD. Last minute ninja back to me.
ImageImage
ika
Drug Dealer

Post by ika »

sig wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
So?
Would you lynch someone who couldn't talk? :ponder:
yes 100%

sucm is scum, you lynch them defending or not. but scotty is town
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

That is scummy as fuck. To lynch someone when they can't talk espacilly if you don't have a red check.

Or Wilgy can survive his first lynch and wants to be civ cleared. Or he wants us to think he can be civ cleared so we don't lynhc him and he is mafia.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Switching to Wilgy for the time, would much rather lynch Ika.
ImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Hmmm.... The strain of posting wile insanified made me forget that I was dead...

*puts a sheet back over his head and flies away*
Image Image Image
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

I wish more people were here. Too many small wagons that can be tied and manipulated.
ImageImage

Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

EBWOP nevermind, Wilgy is leading.
ImageImage

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

sig wrote:Switching to Wilgy for the time, would much rather lynch Ika.
Definitely not because you are spooked about dying right?
Image Image Image
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Spacedaisy »

I read over Scotty last night but there was nothing in there that screamed baddie to me so I'm not inclined to vote that way, especially with him being silenced.

Ika, I did not think you were bad before and I don't now either. What is your opinion of Matt?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Marmot get yo face off my face!
Image Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”