[END] Bioshock Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

You and Bioshock: Which have you played and would you be interested in my upcoming sequel?

Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
43%
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
I have played neither - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
7%
I have played neither - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Sockface only - Of course I have played both and am interested, and I will be hosting a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
21%

Total votes: 14
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Re: [DAY 7] Bioshock Mafia

Post by indiglo »

bea wrote:
indiglo wrote:
bea wrote: really? really?

I was a civ is confirmed - I can only say I'm still a civ - but my civnes before WAS confirmed. And you - you who supposedly "can read me so well" as to know when I'm all "sweet bea" -DID read me wrong. I said "was" because I was referring to my old role. My new role is just as civ as ever, I just understand that I have to start from zero this time around. I'm concerned that you would so obviously miss my intentions in the posts between my old role and my new role.

It's almost like you were determined for me to be bad the first time around and now that i've a new role, you'll be damn sure positive I'm bad this time around....

I love you too sis...[/ot}

but you feel baddie to me. And have for a while now.

I did mis-read you. You are right there. And I am sorry about that. I never claimed to "read you so well" once. I simply said I had seen you pull the "sweet Bea" act before. I was never certain you were bad before and I never said I was. In fact, once I read your explanations to me, I was happy to simply watch and wait. I wasn't gunning for you, nor was I determined for you to be bad.

Interesting that suddenly you think I'm baddie because I mention your name once you have a new role though. You never said that before when I asked questions about you or suspected you... when you were a civ.

This is not a defense to me. You're just trying to sling mud at me. Was I wrong before? Yes. I've said so many times. Me being wrong about you before has zero baring on the role you have this time. This defense makes me feel worse yet about you... whereas last time your defense made me feel better about you. :sigh:
Indi - I am sorry - I'm trying to shake off my old role and embrace my new one. While both are civ, When I was in the old role, it felt like you were gunning to make me bad.Talking about a game that you couldn't reference in which I was "so very manipulative" set me on my radar. I admit I could have over embellished thoughts there. And thoughts, at the time, I didn't mention because I was trying to stay cool.

I'm not trying to sling mud at you. At all. I'm trying to say - you're always thinking I'm bad in this game even when I'm not. And not once in this game have you given me a chance to be good. Forgive me for being jumpy about the fact that the person who should know me best in this game has misread me the whole way through. At some point, I'm a fool to not think that the misread is not on purpose. What would you think about me if the role's were reversed?

Bea, I appreciate your calmer tone. Your tone, however, does NOT explain what you said. I didn't say "you were being so very manipulative" - now that's at least 2 times you have put words into my mouth that aren't there. I was wrong the first time about you, but I am not this time - you know it and you freaked out. Plain and simple. I caught your slip up and you had to try to sling mud, back pedal and change the subject to try to cover it up. You can't cover it up. I saw it, and it's too late to go back in time.

Explain what you said - you have posted back to me several times now and have consistently neglected to address what I actually asked you about. You have focused instead on the fact that I was wrong about you the first time (true, I've already said so half a dozen times at least and that has no baring whatsoever on you NOW), how you think I'm bad (which you never even brought up until I caught your slip up just now), AND you have also put words in my mouth at least 2 times. Remember how earlier in the games we were talking about patterns? You now fit the pattern. Please explain why you said these things I picked up on.
indiglo wrote:I thought that exchange between Devin and Bea felt odd, so I re-read it. After my second or third reread, this stuck out to me like a sore thumb:
bea wrote: I do really think that focusing on us new replacements leaves many unturned things in this game. i agree with dex in only this one thing. The baddies have been VERY good at distracting all of you from where we should go.

Previously, (when she was playing as a confirmed civ before I, and others, decided we should kill her - still sorry about that sis!!) she used "we" and "us" a lot. In this post above she switches from "we" to "you". She also made this post:
bea wrote: why would you have your :eye: on me or kate?

Kate is new - and I was a blind civ. why does that make us suspicious?
This seems to imply that she was civ before (which, clearly we all know) and since she uses the past tense "I WAS a civ" it also implies that she no longer is... and that she's using that previous civ cred to defend herself now.

Does this make sense? Did anyone else notice this?

:hugs: :bea:

linki

Look at how different her "defense" is this time from when she was a civ. As a civ, she defended herself politely and with actual reasons. This time she immediately began changing the subject, mud slinging, "No U-ing", putting words into my mouth that I never said, etc. She did none of that as a civ. She slipped up, which all of us do from time to time when we have baddie roles. I will be voting Bea today. And I encourage all other civs to do the same thing. Seriously. In fact, I'm going to do it right now. (This obviously is nothing personal, I just think you received a baddie role this time.)

*votes Bea*
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Bullzeye wrote: I do want to make a quick point about low posters, it's one I make a lot. Obviously with G.O.B and Ajira it's no longer relevant since they've been replaced, but I think low posting alone isn't a huge issue as long as their small number of posts shows they're actively trying to play and contribute to discussion. I know you've said you're not necessarily looking to eye anyone in particular but I feel like I say some variation of that every time low posters come up in discussion so it's basically a tradition. With that said I'll discuss them individually (and I do wish that those who've not yet been replaced would come in and play with us!).
I agree 100%. That's exactly what I was trying to say. I may not have made it clear enough. Anyway, for me it's a moot point, as I've voted Bea today already.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

EBWOP:

Well, technically I voted Ajira - but a vote for Ajira is a vote for Bea, so there you go. XD

:hugs: Bea, you know I'm not gunning for you, but I also realize you feel you have to say that to defend yourself. I was wrong the first time and I am very sorry about that, and I know bringing that up is part of your strategy to try to discredit me and save yourself. I'm ok with that.

XOXO Epi Girl
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Re: [DAY 2] Bioshock Mafia

Post by Kate »

bea wrote:crap - that's right - arjia is playing too - I completely forgot about him.

I was concidering a vote for GOB just to encourage him to come out and play with us. I completely missed that so many others were quiet as well.

Between Dex, Aces, and BWT - I waver on all their cases tbh. Of the three though, I have the least warm fuzzies about Aces.
In my very recent past, my experience with Ajira is if you can say this about him, he's probably bad. I recognize the irony of pointing out Bea's post who has just recently replaced Ajira, however when I got to this post, I was compelled to mention it nonetheless.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Holy ironic linki with Indiglo.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 20

Post by >SpaghettiEverywhere »

Bullzeye wrote:I think Spaghetti has actually made more posts in this game than he did in Video Game Mafia, which lasted 14 Days and he won, so my general opinion there is that he might just always be quiet. That said, he was a baddie in VGM but whether that's indicative of his alignment here or not I couldn't say.
You can ask just about anybody here and they'll confirm that I am generally a very quiet player. But in VGM I had a lot of RL stuff going down during that game and I didn't have the heart to keep current with it and actually participate. The only reason I kept sending in my night powers from time to time was that I sometimes popped into the BTSC with my baddie team just to have someone to talk to and they reminded me to send in my night powers.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Bullzeye »

indiglo wrote:
Bullzeye wrote: I do want to make a quick point about low posters, it's one I make a lot. Obviously with G.O.B and Ajira it's no longer relevant since they've been replaced, but I think low posting alone isn't a huge issue as long as their small number of posts shows they're actively trying to play and contribute to discussion. I know you've said you're not necessarily looking to eye anyone in particular but I feel like I say some variation of that every time low posters come up in discussion so it's basically a tradition. With that said I'll discuss them individually (and I do wish that those who've not yet been replaced would come in and play with us!).
I agree 100%. That's exactly what I was trying to say. I may not have made it clear enough. Anyway, for me it's a moot point, as I've voted Bea today already.
Can Bea even be lynched today? Aren't replacements usually safe for the day they join the game?
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

bea wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Good luck with your reading Kate! You will definitely hate the posting contest. I did :WTF:

Welcome back Bea? I know you just started your knew role but I have my eye on you! :eye:

Linki: I have my :eye: on Kate too :D
why would you have your :eye: on me or kate?

First it seems like Bea wants to join forces as "new replacements" and defends against people going after either of us. She seems to forget that she was suspicious of GOB for the exact reason that people were suspicious of Ajira.
bea wrote:
Devin the Omniscient wrote:Linki: Because I have no ideas about Ajira or G.O.B. They have given us next to nothing to go on regarding their roles. This late in the game I'm still not sure who to trust.
I do understand that my other post kinda contradicts this - but I do see where you are coming from - I railed about gob lots - I look forward to seeing a player actually play the role.I can't wait to hear what Kate has to say.... As fare as Ajira goes, I know he was civ, but not always playing the game. I hope to make up for that as quickly as I can.

I do really think that focusing on us new replacements leaves many unturned things in this game. i agree with dex in only this one thing. The baddies have been VERY good at distracting all of you from where we should go.

I wish I understood where we should go, I'm still looking for it. But I do know that the "common" thing isn't always the "best" thing.

linki- hi la = what do you think?
Then in her next post she says two different things. One, a subtle, oh yea I was suspicious of GOB so (paraphrasing obviously) go ahead and eye Kate all you like, however, (next underline) once again - don't focus on us poor replacements.

So which is it?

A read through of Ajira's posts, reads as baddie Ajira to me. He makes a few seemingly meaningful posts then drops into the background then reappears when he's mentioned.

Bea, in my quotes above, seems to be slinging mud and using the replacement card as a sword and a shield.

linki Bullz, I know I can be lynched so I see no reason that Bea can't.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 89
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

indiglo wrote:I thought that exchange between Devin and Bea felt odd, so I re-read it. After my second or third reread, this stuck out to me like a sore thumb:
bea wrote: I do really think that focusing on us new replacements leaves many unturned things in this game. i agree with dex in only this one thing. The baddies have been VERY good at distracting all of you from where we should go.

Previously, (when she was playing as a confirmed civ before I, and others, decided we should kill her - still sorry about that sis!!) she used "we" and "us" a lot. In this post above she switches from "we" to "you". She also made this post:
bea wrote: why would you have your :eye: on me or kate?

This seems to imply that she was civ before (which, clearly we all know) and since she uses the past tense "I WAS a civ" it also implies that she no longer is... and that she's using that previous civ cred to defend herself now.

Does this make sense? Did anyone else notice this?

:hugs: :bea:

linki

Wow, nice catches. This & Bea's response combined with Kate's perspective on Ajira has me looking in that direction for sure.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Quote snipped for space...
Kate wrote: First it seems like Bea wants to join forces as "new replacements" and defends against people going after either of us. She seems to forget that she was suspicious of GOB for the exact reason that people were suspicious of Ajira.

Bea, in my quotes above, seems to be slinging mud and using the replacement card as a sword and a shield.
Yes, I noticed the same thing about the "replacement card" and grouping herself with you.

Bullz, whenever I've replaced into a game I've never been immune to anything my first day. Now, most times I will give a brand new replacement time to catch up and get their feet under them (and so will most players who have been playing the game since the beginning, ime)... but Bea doesn't fall into that category to me because she's been keeping up - plus she made that slip up and her reaction to the slip up... yada yada yada.

XOXO Epi Girl
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

indiglo wrote:Quote snipped for space...
Kate wrote: First it seems like Bea wants to join forces as "new replacements" and defends against people going after either of us. She seems to forget that she was suspicious of GOB for the exact reason that people were suspicious of Ajira.

Yes, I noticed the same thing about the "replacement card" and grouping herself with you.

Bullz, whenever I've replaced into a game I've never been immune to anything my first day. Now, most times I will give a brand new replacement time to catch up and get their feet under them (and so will most players who have been playing the game since the beginning, ime)... but Bea doesn't fall into that category to me because she's been keeping up - plus she made that slip up and her reaction to the slip up... yada yada yada.
Oh, I'm not saying you shouldn't vote/lynch her, I was just wondering if it's even possible because every time I've been a replacement I couldn't be voted for in the day I came in.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Well then I say we ask. XD In fact, I'm really glad you bring that up - I hadn't even considered it before.

@ MoPi - Can replacements be lynched the day they replace in?

XOXO Epi Girl
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Matahari »

I don't believe in voting replacements on their first day back, but I had been thinking of a GOB vote before he was replaced. Now I'm at a loss
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Anyone want to discuss the merits of a Zany Dex vote today (as opposed to waiting later to vote him)?

I'm not ready to hop on the Bea-Train, so he seems a good option.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Mongoose wrote:Anyone want to discuss the merits of a Zany Dex vote today (as opposed to waiting later to vote him)?

I like to Take the A Train myself! :haha:

Nothing has changed my opinion on a dex vote, so I am sticking with him today. Barring major revelations of course.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 85

Post by AceofSpaces »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Anyone want to discuss the merits of a Zany Dex vote today (as opposed to waiting later to vote him)?

Nothing has changed my opinion on a dex vote, so I am sticking with him today. Barring major revelations of course.
I am your father.

Hi everyone. I'm officially back now, been casually reading to catch up. Not much to say right now, so I will keep this short. I'll post more after I have organized my thoughts.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Matahari wrote:I don't believe in voting replacements on their first day back, but I had been thinking of a GOB vote before he was replaced. Now I'm at a loss
Why gob? Why not ajira? At least gob was new and apparently lost. Ajira knows and can do much better.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Only because I forgot that ajira was playing until someone brought him up in a list yesterday. I usually think that new players find a baddie/indy role intimidating, but sometimes they can be just as quiet as a civ. but ajira? Would ajira back away from a baddie role? I know how hard it is to get replacements for baddies who are under suspicion, so this is all confusing.

Which is why I'd rather give both replacements some time to get into the game. It takes a brave soul to take on any role that's under the gun, so I'm going to look elsewhere today.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Matahari wrote:Only because I forgot that ajira was playing until someone brought him up in a list yesterday. I usually think that new players find a baddie/indy role intimidating, but sometimes they can be just as quiet as a civ. but ajira? Would ajira back away from a baddie role? I know how hard it is to get replacements for baddies who are under suspicion, so this is all confusing.

Which is why I'd rather give both replacements some time to get into the game. It takes a brave soul to take on any role that's under the gun, so I'm going to look elsewhere today.
I'm having some trouble with this logic. I get that its not "nice" but if bea is in fact bad, does it make sense to lynch someone who is not (most likely) because you want to give them a day to play before lynching? I'd rather go than waste a day knowing I was going next. :shrug:
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Possibly, buts its how I view it all the same. And, for what it's worth, it gob could have been good, then ajira could have as well.

Indiglo tunneling in on Bea yesterday could even be viewed as questionable. She was pretty quick there, to go after Bea, and I'd like to have time to see this develop.

So, what are your thoughts so far on some of the other suspected players?
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by DFaraday »

Russtifinko wrote:I actually also forgot DFaraday was playing, Dom. And Ajira for that matter, so glad bea is in! It makes me wonder why DFaraday wasn't replaced when others were. I'll have to check his votes, but is it possible he's been watching/playing without posting anything?

And welcome Kate! Glad to have someone in for G.O.B., and very glad it's you!

Linki: Whoa. I hadn't noticed that on first glance, but it looks very much like a baddie slip to me. I wonder if she has some kind of explanation?
I've been making sure not to miss votes. Sitting back is how I roll.

Anyway, I do agree with Russ that there seems to have been vote manipulation, and the fact that I already was leery of Dex hasn't made me feel better about him. I'm not sold on INH, I think this is pretty standard for him, actually.

And I think Indi is reaching with her comments on Bea's (welcome back!) "was a civ" statement. It's pretty obvious what Bea meant, so I didn't read it as a slip up, just a reference to her previous known role. I think I'll be keeping an eye on Indi for now.

And welcome Kate!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Matahari wrote:Possibly, buts its how I view it all the same. And, for what it's worth, it gob could have been good, then ajira could have as well.

Indiglo tunneling in on Bea yesterday could even be viewed as questionable. She was pretty quick there, to go after Bea, and I'd like to have time to see this develop.

So, what are your thoughts so far on some of the other suspected players?
Sure, but do you remember Shand from Grimms? See any similarities there? How about any other baddie roles he's played? GOB was/is a newb. There's a huge difference.

That being said, I read up to page 20ish then jumped to the last few pages and did a read through on Ajira, Bea 2.0 and INH. You know my opinion on the former, INH is a mystery to me since he is always very spotty in games, he comes and goes as he wishes and never really plays by the game's timetable, but rather, his own. So idk on him.

Zany Dex is, well, zany. I can do some reading on him and try to form an opinion but I have trouble voting him because he's kooky and always different. Can you point me to a specific case? I've wasted a lot of work hours this am on mafia.

Once we have confirmation that Bea can be voted today, I'm most likely voting for her. Although, as I said, I know from MP that I can be voted today so I don't see any reason Bea couldn't be.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

The only other player I can think of who has been suspected was Bullzeye. And yes, I do remember Shane from Grimms. Good point!

With Indi putting Bea on the defensive almost immediately, I guess we won't be getting any leads on who else to look at. If Indi had info, that might explain the quick jump before bea had a chance to implicate others (depending on her affiliation) but I don't remember her going after ajira, so I guess that's not the case. Maybe she just reads Bea really well. Or, sometimes.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Matahari wrote:The only other player I can think of who has been suspected was Bullzeye. And yes, I do remember Shane from Grimms. Good point!

With Indi putting Bea on the defensive almost immediately, I guess we won't be getting any leads on who else to look at. If Indi had info, that might explain the quick jump before bea had a chance to implicate others (depending on her affiliation) but I don't remember her going after ajira, so I guess that's not the case. Maybe she just reads Bea really well. Or, sometimes.
Actually, I didn't put Bea on the defensive immediately. She had a bizarre interaction with Devin which read as a major over-reaction to me. I reread it several times... found some glaring slip ups and asked her about it. She could have defended differently. In fact, when she was civ she DID defend differently. I obviously do not have magical Bea reading powers, and never claimed to. I saw something that pinged me, I had no idea that mentioning it would open up an entire can of worms... but it did.

To me, her continued overreaction along with her mud slinging and No U-ing kind of clinched it all in my mind. She reacted in exactly the opposite way as she did when playing civ... and that speaks volumes to me. I try to mention things I notice in games, and then what often gives me more information on a player is how they react.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Matahari wrote:Only because I forgot that ajira was playing until someone brought him up in a list yesterday. I usually think that new players find a baddie/indy role intimidating, but sometimes they can be just as quiet as a civ. but ajira? Would ajira back away from a baddie role? I know how hard it is to get replacements for baddies who are under suspicion, so this is all confusing.

(That was my list, btw, of low posting players to take a look at.) Anyway, you say it takes a brave soul to take on a role that's under the gun. You're right. But as you also mention, Ajira wasn't under the gun. Nobody remembered he was playing. I made a list of low posting players, saying specifically I am not saying these people are bad, just that they may merit a little look see. So that isn't the case with Bea replacing in - she didn't take on a role that was under the gun.

As far as giving replacements time to get into the game - I mentioned that as well, and I do generally give brand new replacements time to get their feet under them. (Such as Kate, who really is brand new and trying to catch up.) Bea does not fit that criteria either. She's been playing since Day 0 and said herself that she's kept up with the game in the short time since she was killed.

I'm not attacking you or trying to put you on the defensive, I just really do not understand your thinking here. I agree with the basic points you made, but none of them apply to Bea in this instance.

I also do not understand going after someone for a small ping when there is a much better candidate available... even if it might seem "mean" to lynch someone who just subbed in.

XOXO Epi Girl
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Indi, just to be clear, you had brought ajira up in your list and if I remember, someone else did also. I'll hunt for that. I'll look back at the ajira mentions to see if they were posted before or after Bea replaced in because that might make a difference in thinking. But the main point is that you are strongly advocating a Bea lynch. I will give that some thought.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

I just don't see the case on Bea, certainly nothing to get lynched over. She does seem a bit defensive, but there's been many a civ who came off defensively, so I'm just leery of jumping on this. I'm going to stick with my original suspicion and *vote Dex*
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Epignosis »

The Gambler's fallacy is the civilian's worst enemy. Well, perhaps second only to their actual enemies, but I hope you take my meaning.

I think Bullzeye is getting a pass just because people seem to be gun-shy about pursuing the evidence that the Day 2 lynch gave us. boobea didn't work out so well, but you know what they say about third times.

I'm voting Bullzeye.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

Can someone give me a rundown of the Dex case? He gets lynched for zaniness so often, I'm afraid of an easy lynch for him.
DFaraday
Money Launderer

Post by DFaraday »

Kate wrote:Can someone give me a rundown of the Dex case? He gets lynched for zaniness so often, I'm afraid of an easy lynch for him.
His zaniness, coupled with his refusal to offer any suspicions or comments, or even any defense when he was up for lynching last time. Plus there may well have been vote manipulation in the last lynch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

DFaraday wrote:
Kate wrote:Can someone give me a rundown of the Dex case? He gets lynched for zaniness so often, I'm afraid of an easy lynch for him.
His zaniness, coupled with his refusal to offer any suspicions or comments, or even any defense when he was up for lynching last time. Plus there may well have been vote manipulation in the last lynch.
OK thanks.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 194
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

Kate wrote:
DFaraday wrote:
OK thanks.
Yeah, thanks DF. That articulates it perfectly.

*Votes Dex*
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

I'd kinda like to hear from INH at some point today before I vote for him but tbh I don't see any reason why I shouldn't, I'm mostly just holding off out of courtesy. If nothing changes in the next hour that's where my vote will be going.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown

Post by Kate »

I'm going to vote now too, as Bea was just on for a bit and didn't post.

*votes Bea (Ajira)*
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Ok, well I'm going with Dex for today. I've been saying for days that he should be lynched, and now it looks like we may have the votes to make it happen. Again, I cite general unhelpfulness, no indications of civvieness, and the possible vote manipulation from yesterday.

I will have a very close eye on both bea and indiglo for the next few days. I can buy that bea saying "I was civ" did not mean "I'm not any more". It does also seem weird that indiglo has been after bea in both her roles, especially after being wrong on her once. However, the quote below still gives me pause:
I'm just not sure if this is a general comment about our poor baddie-lynching record to date, or whether it means she knows who the baddies are and it was people who aren't drawing suspicion.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

It's been over a week since flyin high posted. Is there any word on her? Vacation, maybe?

I'm trying to decide between a dex vote and a Bea vote. After a reread, I agree that Bea sounded odd, not quite for the same reasons that Indi noticed, just that she pointed at gob again right away, and then backed off.
As far as dex goes, I think he could be a baddie, but he also implied it wouldn't do any Goidelic to lynch him. Still thinking.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Goidelic = good to try
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Nevinera »

I'm voting for Bullzeye, in line with my original analysis, because there's basically no new information to work from.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Dom »

Russtifinko wrote:I actually also forgot DFaraday was playing, Dom. And Ajira for that matter, so glad bea is in! It makes me wonder why DFaraday wasn't replaced when others were. I'll have to check his votes, but is it possible he's been watching/playing without posting anything?

And welcome Kate! Glad to have someone in for G.O.B., and very glad it's you!

Linki: Whoa. I hadn't noticed that on first glance, but it looks very much like a baddie slip to me. I wonder if she has some kind of explanation?
DF is usually laid back, yes. I've had quite a bit of experience playing with him, we even both started on the same game and were bad in it together. DF usually is quieter, but doesn't sit around saying virtually nothing... I think he's worth an eyeball or four.
DFaraday wrote: I've been making sure not to miss votes. Sitting back is how I roll.

Anyway, I do agree with Russ that there seems to have been vote manipulation, and the fact that I already was leery of Dex hasn't made me feel better about him. I'm not sold on INH, I think this is pretty standard for him, actually.

And I think Indi is reaching with her comments on Bea's (welcome back!) "was a civ" statement. It's pretty obvious what Bea meant, so I didn't read it as a slip up, just a reference to her previous known role. I think I'll be keeping an eye on Indi for now.

And welcome Kate!
Is there an echo in here?
Epignosis wrote:The Gambler's fallacy is the civilian's worst enemy. Well, perhaps second only to their actual enemies, but I hope you take my meaning.

I think Bullzeye is getting a pass just because people seem to be gun-shy about pursuing the evidence that the Day 2 lynch gave us. boobea didn't work out so well, but you know what they say about third times.

I'm voting Bullzeye.
You don't think other theories could prove to be fruitful either?
While lynching Boo and Bea have no effect on the allegiance of Bullz, do you think other discussions have really been moot?
DFaraday wrote:
Nice to hear from you... :)

Nevinera wrote:I'm voting for Bullzeye, in line with my original analysis, because there's basically no new information to work from.
There's no new information?

Really?

I'm voting for INH now... very interesting how we haven't heard much from him since his name came up either...
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Dom »

Also, on Bea....

I thought the way she seemed to team up with Kate was weird, but I'm not SUPER suspicious of her.

And is anyone gonna vote????
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

AceofSpaces wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:

I am your father.

Hi everyone. I'm officially back now, been casually reading to catch up. Not much to say right now, so I will keep this short. I'll post more after I have organized my thoughts.
I don't know Ace, my Dad's written grammer in English isn't that good. I'm calling your bluff!

Since I don't currently consider bea's slip-up to be major, I am sticking with dex. I would like to hear from inh at some point, and now FH, but considering the number of people on vacation, this might explain it.

Votes Zany
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

A game without zaniness would be a very sad game, but I'm afraid that the zany one needs to be tested.
voting zany dex
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 159

Post by Epignosis »

Dom wrote:
Epignosis wrote:The Gambler's fallacy is the civilian's worst enemy. Well, perhaps second only to their actual enemies, but I hope you take my meaning.

I'm voting Bullzeye.
You don't think other theories could prove to be fruitful either?
While lynching Boo and Bea have no effect on the allegiance of Bullz, do you think other discussions have really been moot?
No, that isn't what I was implying.

No, I don't think that.

I just don't want to be accused of wasting perfectly good pasta. ;)
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Okay I'm going to stick my vote on INH. I think my points against him are pretty good and worth following up on.

*Votes INH*
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 147

Post by Snow Dog »

I have a lot of catching up to do. Been busy recently and don't have time now so voting Dex. He was second on my list after Bea (although that didn't turn out well). I may as well stick with it though.

Voted Dex
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 115
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

I'm going with Dex again. I thought him bad enough to vote last time I could and I see nothing since that vote that makes me think any differently.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
insertnamehere
Made Man

Re: [NIGHT 6] Bioshock Mafia

Post by insertnamehere »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
insertnamehere wrote:RIPIWG Bea, definitely looking at Bullzeye after this.

Randomly chose juliets to be rezzed.
INH, Could you please explain the part regarding Bullzeye?
Bea was bringing attention to Bullzeye, but wasn't the most obvious aggressor, them being me and Dom. Also the case on bea was BS.

I randomly picked because none of the names really stood out to me as someone I was sure was good. Plus I didn't have time to do a massive re-read on all of the candidates.
Bullzeye wrote:
I'd have to look at Bea's voters again, I don't remember who they were exactly but my comment was more to do with INH seeming to act like it was my fault Bea got lynched when I didn't even vote for her. I agree INH's randomisation is odd, did you also notice when he voted for me he claimed to be following Bea's logic (though she hasn't said much about me) but used yours in his post?
I agree, me using two different people's logic and combining them makes me bad.
bea wrote:ebwop - and boats. :faceplam: this is what mafia is like for me before caffine. :sigh:

Ok - so my thought today was to see who, if anyone, has consistently voted for a civ, while not voting for teefies on day 2. Here's what i've come up with:

Day 1: A Person voters who did not vote for teefies and are still alive: Devin, Insertnamehere, Bullzeye, Snow Dog and Mata.
Day 3: Llama voters who did not vote for teefies and are still alive: Insertnamehere, Bullzeye, Devin and Mata. (Snow Dog voted Lizzy)
Day 4: Boo voters who did not vote for teefies and are still alive: Mata, Devin, Bullzeye and Snowdog
Day 5: Boats voters who did not vote for teefies and are still alive: Bullzeye, Devin, and Mata.
I looked through both Mata and Bullz's posts after this, but Bullzeye's posts seemed very off. I've already stated why.
Bullzeye wrote:I think INH might be worth looking at today for a number of reasons. First, I think he's been a little blendy. Before Friday, he hadn't posted since day 3 when he laid out his suspicions based on the posts of other players.
insertnamehere wrote:People who I'm going to be looking at today.

thellama73: Based on Epig's post.
Lizzy/Vomps/Dex: All three seem to be intentionally drawing attention to themselves, and I'm certain that one of them is Sander Cohen.
Snow Dog: Based on Dom's posts.
While he doesn't admit to this being the case with Lizzy, Vomp, and Dex, he's by no means the first to call any of them out. He ended up voting Llama on day 3 offering no more elaboration for his reasons than the quoted post does.

If I agree with a post, and I don't have anything else to add, then I don't really say anything else, other then saying who's case I am agreeing with.

On day 2 his only post was a self-vote, which couldn't have been in punishment given he voted on day one for A Person. Speaking of Day One, his only post there was his vote as well, again offering nothing to the discussion. I don't know why he disappeared for a few days but I do think that his initial tactic in this game was to play blendy and go unnoticed based on his posts from early on.

His more recent posts have a different (but still suspicious) feel to them:
insertnamehere wrote:The last few days have been very hectic with moving, setting up the Internet so it freaking works, and the holiday to top it all off. I haven't been able to play, and I apologize to MP, and everyone else in this game.

After reading up, the case that makes the most sense is Bea's case on Bullzeye. Not only has she voted civ four weeks out of five, her posts seem very suspicious to me. Her posts seen very frantic and eager to shift the blame onto someone else. I can sense almost a little bit of coaching too.

Dex is acting weird yes, but Bullzeye in my opinion is acting as weird.
Here he votes me claiming to be following Bea's case against me. She made no such case, I even went back to double check but no, my name came up in her analysis of voters but she said she was undecided on me. The bolded rationale for INH's vote here belongs to Dom, and the coaching comment makes no sense for me. I've actually asked twice for an explanation and he's yet to give one.

See above.
insertnamehere wrote:RIPIWG Bea, definitely looking at Bullzeye after this.

Randomly chose juliets to be rezzed.
Finally he seems to blame Bea's lynch on me when I didn't even vote for her. I said a few times I thought she might be worth a vote, but none of her voters claimed they were voting for her because of my solid logic against her (note: I admitted the case against her wasn't too great at one point). He also randomised his rezz vote, or at least claimed to, and that is something I really don't get when there's a risk your vote could go to the rezzing of a baddie. I realise JC was killed by a Big Daddy so that would probably rule out one team but there's still other non-civvie roles she could have held. I dunno, it just doesn't seem right to me that any civvie would do that.
Bullzeye wrote: Before Friday, he hadn't posted since day 3 when he laid out his suspicions based on the posts of other players.

On day 2 his only post was a self-vote, which couldn't have been in punishment given he voted on day one for A Person. Speaking of Day One, his only post there was his vote as well, again offering nothing to the discussion. I don't know why he disappeared for a few days but I do think that his initial tactic in this game was to play blendy and go unnoticed based on his posts from early on.
insertnamehere wrote:The last few days have been very hectic with moving, setting up the Internet so it freaking works, and the holiday to top it all off. I haven't been able to play, and I apologize to MP, and everyone else in this game.
Also "Based on the posts of other players"? Excuse me, but isn't that how the game of mafia works? You base your suspicions on your observations and other player's observations. Saying that because I use other peoples observations, I'm evil, is like saying that because I voted in the poll, I'm evil.

Part 2 up in a minute.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Zany Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 38

Post by Zany Dex »

Silly civvies
a stopped clock is right twice a day
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Because of the above:

*votes Bullzeye*

Thoughts on Dex: He's bad definitely, but we probably cannot kill him yet.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
insertnamehere
Made Man

Post by insertnamehere »

Zany Dex wrote:Silly civvies
Now he's just not even trying anymore.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA