33%

Total votes: 12
Serge
The Mark
Posts in topic: 38

Re: Barry Lyndon - Night 1

Post by Serge »

Ricochet wrote:
Serge wrote:Hey, why am I leading? It was obviously a joke. I would've used it on anyone, if they had captain on their tag, SVS just happened to be the person to have it. I saw the opportunity to crack a joke, I did. Weak sauce, Serge voters.
Sir Scott may have voted you for such a reason, but Sir Faraday and myself did not.

I imagine Madam SVS and/or Sir Con would cry "mischaracterization" about this, now. :nicenod:

linki: What do you mean to say by opposite teams?
Where I'm from I generally do what I said I do on Day 1 because it almost always is a shot in the dark. That's how I roll. You'll see when my role's been revealed.
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Ricochet »

Serge wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Serge wrote:Hey, why am I leading? It was obviously a joke. I would've used it on anyone, if they had captain on their tag, SVS just happened to be the person to have it. I saw the opportunity to crack a joke, I did. Weak sauce, Serge voters.
Sir Scott may have voted you for such a reason, but Sir Faraday and myself did not.

I imagine Madam SVS and/or Sir Con would cry "mischaracterization" about this, now. :nicenod:

linki: What do you mean to say by opposite teams?
Where I'm from I generally do what I said I do on Day 1 because it almost always is a shot in the dark. That's how I roll. You'll see when my role's been revealed.
Well, I can only note that bandwagoning - even more, with full intent! - is generally frowned up. Abstaining would look even worse. Sir Faraday wasn't half right in saying that it would be detrimental for a civilian to embrace such mannerisms, if he indeed is civilian.
Serge
The Mark

Post by Serge »

At least I'm honest. It's alright as it's almost day 2 anyway. But will we live to see the dawn?
Serge
The Mark

Post by Serge »

*ominous sound*
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

The sun won't shine for another 24 hours.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 123

Post by DrWilgy »

Serge wrote:*ominous sound*
*Licks Serge as he makes the ominous sound*
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Spoiler: show
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 52
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Rip sig!

Will regroup with the vote tomorrow. I'm not convinced Serge is bad, based on his recent comments. LC I have a gut read as bad, that hopefully I can develope as sure as time goes forward.
DrWilgy wrote:
Wtf
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 98

Post by S~V~S »

Serge wrote:LC and I have no BTS. We posted within seconds of each other. I was actually surprised he also came up with the Game of Thrones reference.

Actually it was about a minute. But looking at them like this, you gotta say it was weird.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

S~V~S wrote:
Serge wrote:LC and I have no BTS. We posted within seconds of each other. I was actually surprised he also came up with the Game of Thrones reference.

Actually it was about a minute. But looking at them like this, you gotta say it was weird.
Yes it do

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Scotty wrote:Rip sig!

Will regroup with the vote tomorrow. I'm not convinced Serge is bad, based on his recent comments. LC I have a gut read as bad, that hopefully I can develope as sure as time goes forward.
DrWilgy wrote:
Wtf
*Licks Scotty as he questions Wilgy's antics*
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

*Backs out of the thread*
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

S~V~S wrote:*Backs out of the thread*
*doesn't allow SVS to escape and begins to lick her*
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine
Posts in topic: 69
Preferred Pronouns: boy ones

Post by Long Con »

*grabs Wilgy's tongue*

*staples it to bulletin board*
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 41

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Scotty wrote:
S~V~S wrote:

Yes it do
I didn't realize they were that close to each other. Yeah that does look a bit weird.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Long Con wrote:*grabs Wilgy's tongue*

*staples it to bulletin board*
:clap:
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

And RIP sig. :(
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:

That's quite an imagination. Am I truly that predictable?
birdwithteeth11 wrote:I didn't realize they were that close to each other. Yeah that does look a bit weird.
Allow me to add some context, which will clarify the situation.

I was catching up with the thread, and I had scooped up the quote from Serge along the way. I had reached S~V~S' post here at 6:27pm:
S~V~S wrote:OK, if you say so. I don't think you can, but shoot. Put it out there.
...and I was caught up with the thread. Since S~V~S was the last post, and the most current poster, I decided to engage her a little bit, in the form of some pressure:
Serge wrote:I believe Barry Lyndon should come out now and help us get rid of the captains. Come out Barry. We have fancy cakes and teas and potatoes and stuff all Victorian people like. Plus, monoliths. Here, Barry, Barry, we promise we don't have an axe somewhere.
That's not possible, there is a specific rule against role-outing and such things. :shrug2:
S~V~S wrote:OK, if you say so. I don't think you can, but shoot. Put it out there.
:eye: Getting nervous, S~V~S?
During my catchup, I had also been intrigued by the way that a couple of people had cast their unchangeable vote 24 hours before the deadline because they were faked out by the poll error, so I added a couple of lines about that:
Long Con wrote:
Serge wrote:I believe Barry Lyndon should come out now and help us get rid of the captains. Come out Barry. We have fancy cakes and teas and potatoes and stuff all Victorian people like. Plus, monoliths. Here, Barry, Barry, we promise we don't have an axe somewhere.
That's not possible, there is a specific rule against role-outing and such things. :shrug2:
:eye: Getting nervous, S~V~S?

That false-ending poll made some cool stuff happen, made Epi and sig reveal their hands early.

Do either of you expect to be casting your vote at your chosen targets by tomorrow's deadline? :smoky:
All in all, this took me about two and a half minutes, I estimate. I then went to post it, and saw Serge's post about unleashing the dragon in linkitis. Due to the similarity of his comment to my own, I wanted to either erase my whole thing to S~V~S, or to acknowledge the comment with something. I chose the latter, and posted it at 6:30:
Long Con wrote:
:eye: Getting nervous, S~V~S? Is the dragon coming out?

That false-ending poll made some cool stuff happen, made Epi and sig reveal their hands early.

Do either of you expect to be casting your vote at your chosen targets by tomorrow's deadline? :smoky:
That is the exact way that my scrutinized post was put together. If you still think it's somehow weird, please refer to this guide before asking something that has already been explained.
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 58

Post by a2thezebra »

Goddammnit sig, why are you so scummy as town and so innocent as scum?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 66

Post by Epignosis »

a2thezebra wrote:Goddammnit sig, why are you so scummy as town and so innocent as scum?
a2thezebra wrote:
DrWilgy wrote: Sig did you just vote me for promoting discussion?
sig wrote:I'm going with Wilgy no on topic posts, and very few off topic posts, his one truly on topic post, is bad imo.

linki: I see Epi ninjad in and voted for MP.
What classifies a post as being bad? Gambler's fallacy has been brought up this game, so does that make my subject point irrelevant? I get the feeling that you are trying to strong arm me here Sig.
I think he is, he is. And it's a sorry excuse for a permanent vote.

sig

I finally know your meta sig, I've played enough games with you. You're bad and you're going down.
Fail.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

a2thezebra wrote:Goddammnit sig, why are you so scummy as town and so innocent as scum?
*tries to talk*

Iwfff Thig ith althwayth thummy ath town, yet you know Thig'th meta, doth that make you bad for thcum weading Thig for being thcumy?
Image Image Image
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

*uses pliers to remove staples from Wilgy's tongue*
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Dr. Wilgy, what shameful, unsanitary display is this? I must insist that you start using our tongue only for brilliant rhetorics as to how to unmask the captains; or else, denounce yourself as a licking captain at once!

I find Sir Con's attempt for a summary suddenly overelaborate. Unlike the views shared by Madam S. van S. and Sir Bird, the short interval of time between Sir Serge's and Sir Con's posts would work in favor of Sir Con's added sentence argument. But now that Sir Con has even considered not posting altogether, as to avoid relating in context to Sir Serge's jest, it feels like a change of statement and my pings feel suddenly activated. :ponder:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Personally I feel I am OK with LCs explanation.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

What about his vote, then?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Well, he voted for the same person I did. So I guess he found him most likely to be bad of the people with votes. Two people voted after he did and quite a few missed, so it isn't like the 8th player to vote (all the NP's voted before him) would be all that influential. Since there has not been a night none of the vote manips was in play.

I lost my main reason for suspicion of Serge and, consequently, LC. I am OK with LCs explanation re dragons at this time.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

You are partly correct that Sir Con has regarded Sir Serge to be in no need of suspicion - although it should be said that his argument, that a bad person would not openly express intent of bandwagoning, is rather prone to WIFOM. Meanwhile there was no attention give to Dr. Wilgy during the day that passed. His vote pushed Sir Sig ahead in the polls, to which the following two votes did not do much to salvage Sir Sig's fate. I reckon a toss of a coin was used in deciding a victim, anyway?

I was moreover interested in thoughts on the reasoning behind his vote - although, even in the matter of timing and timeline, it should be noted that Sir Con's suspicion was more of a follow-up to your own. Furthermore, to create an analogy between two different statements, Sir Con can believe a baddie would never express open intent of wagoning, yet at the same time suggest that a baddie could be so openly careless as to misinterpret facts and statements within the thread?

I am still quite confused by your stance and Sir Con's alike: Sir Sig misinterpreted the reasons for which Sir Serge was suspected and voted, although he disapproved of Sir Serge being suspected and voted, and yet this made him bad?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

At the time, when we did not know sigs role, I still suspected Serge. I suspected Serge & sig equally. So I tied it. I can't say what LCs reasoning was, just that the reasons I had for suspecting him have been ameliorated. And I can't in good conscience suspect him for doing essentially the same thing as I did. I never feel comfortable trusting LC, he can be mega slippery and will do anything (legal) to get one up on his opponents. Anything. But other than normal paranoia, I feel better about him than I did yesterday.

What do you now think of Serge? Since the entire suspish of LC originally was based on his weird seeming interaction with Serge, you must have an opinion there? What about Wilgy and the Wilgy voters?
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

Ricochet wrote:I find Sir Con's attempt for a summary suddenly overelaborate. Unlike the views shared by Madam S. van S. and Sir Bird, the short interval of time between Sir Serge's and Sir Con's posts would work in favor of Sir Con's added sentence argument. But now that Sir Con has even considered not posting altogether, as to avoid relating in context to Sir Serge's jest, it feels like a change of statement and my pings feel suddenly activated. :ponder:
Hey, you wanna tunnel me, fine, it will probably make me less likely to get nightkilled. But just so we're staying honest here:
Long Con wrote: :shrug: Well, yes. I was taunting S~V~S, and then I saw his post with the dragon in linki, and then I thought of deleting it altogether because he kind of beat me to the punch, and then I added the dragon part as a nod to his post in a quick way.
The statement that I had considered deleting the post isn't something that I just added - I mentioned it before. It's just the truth.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
DrWilgy wrote: Sig did you just vote me for promoting discussion?
sig wrote:I'm going with Wilgy no on topic posts, and very few off topic posts, his one truly on topic post, is bad imo.

linki: I see Epi ninjad in and voted for MP.
What classifies a post as being bad? Gambler's fallacy has been brought up this game, so does that make my subject point irrelevant? I get the feeling that you are trying to strong arm me here Sig.
I think he is, he is. And it's a sorry excuse for a permanent vote.

sig

I finally know your meta sig, I've played enough games with you. You're bad and you're going down.
Fail.
I didn't actually mean the latter, that was just to pressure him to a reaction. I base my reads off of reactions to pressure. You should know this by now.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

DrWilgy wrote:
*tries to talk*

Iwfff Thig ith althwayth thummy ath town, yet you know Thig'th meta, doth that make you bad for thcum weading Thig for being thcumy?
I wasn't scum-reading him for being scummy, I was scum-reading him because it seemed like he was trying to win everyone over.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Your meta's looking pretty bad right now Wilgy, to be honest.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I could get behind a Wilgy or Serge lynch.
Long Con
So Divine

Post by Long Con »

a2thezebra wrote:Your meta's looking pretty bad right now Wilgy, to be honest.
What do you mean by this?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Long Con wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I find Sir Con's attempt for a summary suddenly overelaborate. Unlike the views shared by Madam S. van S. and Sir Bird, the short interval of time between Sir Serge's and Sir Con's posts would work in favor of Sir Con's added sentence argument. But now that Sir Con has even considered not posting altogether, as to avoid relating in context to Sir Serge's jest, it feels like a change of statement and my pings feel suddenly activated. :ponder:
Hey, you wanna tunnel me, fine, it will probably make me less likely to get nightkilled. But just so we're staying honest here:
Long Con wrote: :shrug: Well, yes. I was taunting S~V~S, and then I saw his post with the dragon in linki, and then I thought of deleting it altogether because he kind of beat me to the punch, and then I added the dragon part as a nod to his post in a quick way.
The statement that I had considered deleting the post isn't something that I just added - I mentioned it before. It's just the truth.
Ah, it seems you have indeed mentioned it before. I missed the earlier instance and for that I must hereby apologise.

I do not see myself as tunnelling and, again, it is not my problem that the few issues I raised about your game, during the first Day time, have not improved after Sir Sig's lynch has taken place.

-- I believe you focusing on whom not to lynch for most of the first Day time, to the point of arguing by making use fallacious falafels, has been aggravated by you choosing to lynch sig in a manner that slightly has the vibe of a jump aboard - to paraphrase, "hey, X, good catch, I might vote there; oh look at the time, voting there"
-- I believe you arguing that a gentleman such as Sir Serge would not be so careless as to state bandwagoning as his MO, if fashioning captain clothing, makes the later arguing that a gentleman such as Sir Sig would be careless in missreading the context of the ongoing debates a bit baffling

I am by all means open to hear rebuttals on these matters.
S~V~S wrote:At the time, when we did not know sigs role, I still suspected Serge. I suspected Serge & sig equally. So I tied it. I can't say what LCs reasoning was, just that the reasons I had for suspecting him have been ameliorated. And I can't in good conscience suspect him for doing essentially the same thing as I did. I never feel comfortable trusting LC, he can be mega slippery and will do anything (legal) to get one up on his opponents. Anything. But other than normal paranoia, I feel better about him than I did yesterday.

What do you now think of Serge? Since the entire suspish of LC originally was based on his weird seeming interaction with Serge, you must have an opinion there? What about Wilgy and the Wilgy voters?
If I would have an apparatus to measure my suspicions on Sir Serge, its arrow would not budge much in the opposite direction of distrust, despite Sir Serge's new statements. Indeed he claimed to be honest in exposing his MO, but I'm afraid his MO is exactly the issue. He said that he believes Day 1s are a matter of pure luck, but ironically through his actions he has almost made it a matter of removing the player who does arbitrary and controversial (by our standards) things, at the price of his life. I believe that the distraction created by his bandwagoning or zero-interest stances could go either way: the edgy jester of a gentleman that happens to be good at heart nonetheless, or the taunt of a captain. I see nothing positive in this matter, either way.

Dr. Wilgy is not better at keeping himself composed and influencing others to read him with good intentions, but I am less what can I interpret to the fullest of my abilities, between him launching theories with little tangency to the main discussions or goofing around. He hasn't left us a vote from yesterday, to interpret as a move. As for the voters, Sir Sig has been revealed to be civilian, so that leaves two more players to be judged. On a superficial level, I do not find that either Madam Sorsha or Sir Bird have taken it as an easy opportunity to put their votes on that side. But surely if I look deeper into every side of the tie and every voter involved, during this nocturnal phase, I face certain execution by the squad, wouldn't you say?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Long Con wrote:
I mean that from what I know about Wilgy based on my experiences with him in other games, this feels way more like his baddie game than his civ game. I'm just being honest.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

a2thezebra wrote:
Long Con wrote:
I mean that from what I know about Wilgy based on my experiences with him in other games, this feels way more like his baddie game than his civ game. I'm just being honest.
Just like you felt confident sig was bad based on knowledge of his meta? :grin:

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Scotty wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Shhhhhh we don't talk about things I'm responsible for.
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

a2thezebra wrote:
Scotty wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Shhhhhh we don't talk about things I'm responsible for.
Yes ma'am.

Btw I saw you at the Nasville zoo last week. You seemed so innocent back then.

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Nasville zoo? I don't get it.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ricochet, I recommend that you reread sigs ISO, and think about what he said.

Linki~ you're a zebra, maybe>?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S wrote:Ricochet, I recommend that you reread sigs ISO, and think about what he said.

What should I focus on or try to extract from it?
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Ohhhhh brilliant. And here I was thinking that the missing "h" may have been deliberate.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Ricochet wrote:
S~V~S wrote:Ricochet, I recommend that you reread sigs ISO, and think about what he said.

Dude, you're usually the guy who reads too much into things, not me :shrug2:
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

S~V~S wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Then what are you getting at by asking someone who reads too much into things to read a certain thing and to think about it? :ponder:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am asking him to read it and to think about it, lol.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

But what motive do you have for asking someone that you feel is an over-thinker to analyze a certain area?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

:suspish:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

S~V~S wrote:I am asking him to read it and to think about it, lol.
You are either recommending me to read something, the way you would just hand me a volume of Byron's finest, or you are recommending me to look into something that you might have an idea what it should reveal, so which is it?
agleaminranks
The Mark
Posts in topic: 12

Post by agleaminranks »

Oi, I messed up pree bad, yeah? Not me fault entoirely, the boss ended up keepin' me o'ertime for the night and I ended up missin' the pollin' time, eah. My sincerest apologies. Won' happen agin.

Will respond to the ISOs in proper order as soon as possible aye.
┏━━━┳━━━┳━┓┏━┳━━━┓┏━━━━┳━━┓┏┓╋┏┓
┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃┃┗┛┃┃┏━━┛┃┏┓┏┓┃┏┓┃┃┃╋┃┃
┃┗━━┫┃╋┃┃┏┓┏┓┃┗━━┓┗┛┃┃┗┫┗┛┗┫┗━┛┃
┗━━┓┃┗━┛┃┃┃┃┃┃┏━━┛╋╋┃┃╋┃┏━┓┃┏━┓┃
┃┗━┛┃┏━┓┃┃┃┃┃┃┗━━┓╋╋┃┃╋┃┗━┛┃┃╋┃┃
┗━━━┻┛╋┗┻┛┗┛┗┻━━━┛╋╋┗┛╋┗━━━┻┛╋┗┛
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

a2thezebra wrote:But what motive do you have for asking someone that you feel is an over-thinker to analyze a certain area?
Becasue I am seeing something I thought was obvious? And usually I expect Rico (or you for that matter) to pay more attention to nuance than I?

What motive do you have for trying to turn this into something sinister?

Return to “Previous Side Missions”