LittleTiger
38%
Mongoose
25%
Roxy
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Your Little Brother (The Host, The Mod, The Non)
38%

Total votes: 8
Snow Dog
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 88

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [Night 1]

Post by Snow Dog »

Mongoose wrote:
Simon wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Sooooo. Who likes pizza?
I don't like any pizza. Breadsticks only for me! :SVS:

Hi there, Simon! I'd hoped you might stick your head in this game! I just started liking pizza not that long ago myself
Vompers, I'm sorry there's not a lot of cheap pizza available. Frozen isn't too bad, especially if you have a toaster oven k.

All - I'm still scared to go to Waterworld next but if everyone else thinks it's a good idea, I'll go along with it.

Hedge - Yes, I'm staying way far over here, playing with these golden retriever puppies I found in Level 1-2.

Save us civs! How about if you are bad, you just type the word "starfish" someone into your post and then we will know. (Quoting my post won't count, obv).

MP - Enjoy your opera, that sounds amazing!

Very much depends how much coin the baddies got. But I very much doubt they can afford both +4 voters at this stage. It is risky for sure. Wish I had been more alert to these
possibilities earlier.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 172

Post by Epignosis »

Important note: I have changed the Koopa Troopa role slightly.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Elohcin »

thellama73 wrote: I will also point out that almost every game I've been in, when a civ is lynched on Day 1, people come after those that voted for the civ, and this results in a second civ being lynched. Come on, people, baddies are smarter than that. If a bandwagon is forming against a civ, they will be sure not to add their vote, content to let others do their dirty work for them. As for me, I will be looking at people who did NOT vote for I Gleamed a Gleam of Days Gone By.
This is very true. With the civs outnumbering the baddies, we are always likely to lynch a civ on the first day. Jumping on the gleam voters will most likely only bring us to lynching another civ. I say we go with llama and look elsewhere.
Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I do! But only if it includes te objectively best pizza topping ever: anchovies.

MP seems excessively defensive for some one who got votes on Day 1, when no one really has any idea what they are doing.

I will also point out that almost every game I've been in, when a civ is lynched on Day 1, people come after those that voted for the civ, and this results in a second civ being lynched. Come on, people, baddies are smarter than that. If a bandwagon is forming against a civ, they will be sure not to add their vote, content to let others do their dirty work for them. As for me, I will be looking at people who did NOT vote for I Gleamed a Gleam of Days Gone By.
I didn't vote for The Gleamster so I guess I'm on your suspect list. What can I say to clear myself?
It seems odd to me that you would come out and ask how you might defend yourself, Snowy, without being specifically asked. I have read over your posts and I am reading civ, but I am wondering if you may be trying TOO hard to act civ. What does anyone else think about this? Do you think Snowy is just playing his civvie part or trying too hard to appear civ even thought he is baddie? :ponder:
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 45

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Sorry I've been so quiet lately! I've been really busy with work lately, plus I'm getting over a cold that's been making me really lethargic. I will catch up some this afternoon/evening and post more of my thoughts.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Elohcin wrote:
thellama73 wrote: I will also point out that almost every game I've been in, when a civ is lynched on Day 1, people come after those that voted for the civ, and this results in a second civ being lynched. Come on, people, baddies are smarter than that. If a bandwagon is forming against a civ, they will be sure not to add their vote, content to let others do their dirty work for them. As for me, I will be looking at people who did NOT vote for I Gleamed a Gleam of Days Gone By.
This is very true. With the civs outnumbering the baddies, we are always likely to lynch a civ on the first day. Jumping on the gleam voters will most likely only bring us to lynching another civ. I say we go with llama and look elsewhere.
Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
I do! But only if it includes te objectively best pizza topping ever: anchovies.

MP seems excessively defensive for some one who got votes on Day 1, when no one really has any idea what they are doing.

I will also point out that almost every game I've been in, when a civ is lynched on Day 1, people come after those that voted for the civ, and this results in a second civ being lynched. Come on, people, baddies are smarter than that. If a bandwagon is forming against a civ, they will be sure not to add their vote, content to let others do their dirty work for them. As for me, I will be looking at people who did NOT vote for I Gleamed a Gleam of Days Gone By.
I didn't vote for The Gleamster so I guess I'm on your suspect list. What can I say to clear myself?
It seems odd to me that you would come out and ask how you might defend yourself, Snowy, without being specifically asked. I have read over your posts and I am reading civ, but I am wondering if you may be trying TOO hard to act civ. What does anyone else think about this? Do you think Snowy is just playing his civvie part or trying too hard to appear civ even thought he is baddie? :ponder:
Ok..you got me. I confess....I'm bad. I mean I'm civ. Civ I meant! Civ I tell ya!!!!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 40

Post by thellama73 »

Elohcin wrote: It seems odd to me that you would come out and ask how you might defend yourself, Snowy, without being specifically asked. I have read over your posts and I am reading civ, but I am wondering if you may be trying TOO hard to act civ. What does anyone else think about this? Do you think Snowy is just playing his civvie part or trying too hard to appear civ even thought he is baddie? :ponder:
I do think this. His whole "I don't know what a goomba is/I haven't read the roles/I'm confused" bit did not ring true to me. It felt like an act to gain civvie cred.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I am missing PMs and there is one hour remaining. Remember that it is always in your best interest to participate in the Nightly mini-games. There will be no further reminders about this. :smile:
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
Elohcin wrote: It seems odd to me that you would come out and ask how you might defend yourself, Snowy, without being specifically asked. I have read over your posts and I am reading civ, but I am wondering if you may be trying TOO hard to act civ. What does anyone else think about this? Do you think Snowy is just playing his civvie part or trying too hard to appear civ even thought he is baddie? :ponder:
I do think this. His whole "I don't know what a goomba is/I haven't read the roles/I'm confused" bit did not ring true to me. It felt like an act to gain civvie cred.
:haha:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Yes, laugh. Laugh all the way to the gallows!
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Which realm of the Mushroom Kingdom shall you visit next?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 11, 2013 5:15 pm

Desert
birdwithteeth11 (4), agleaminranks (6), LittleTiger (13), Bullzeye (15)
24%

Water
Vompatti (7)
6%

Giant
Mongoose (1), thellama73 (5), Russtifinko (9), Elohcin (12), MovingPictures07 (16), Hedgeowl (17)
35%

Air
Snow Dog (2)
6%

Ice
No votes

Pipe
Roxy (11), S~V~S (14)
12%

Dark
Nevinera (10)
6%

Wine (The Host, the Dead, the Non)
Epignosis (3), Flyin' High (8)
12%

Total votes : 17

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Day 2: Giant Land

A message from Toad:

"A concise post is better than a lengthy one. Bazinga!"

Enemies:

ImageImageImage

It is now Day 2. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [Day 2]

Post by Snow Dog »

See. We shoulda gone water. But no deaths yay!
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 108

Post by Bullzeye »

Snow Dog wrote:See. We shoulda gone water. But no deaths yay!
Or maybe if we'd gone water the baddies would've bought a water role. Looks like they're saving up at the moment though.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Post by Mongoose »

They may have just been saving their money. Where do we go next? Obviously we want to wait for desert until we can get Gleam rez'd.

linki - Bullz -- Precisely.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Bullzeye wrote:
Or maybe if we'd gone water the baddies would've bought a water role. Looks like they're saving up at the moment though.
It could be they don't want to show their hand. True.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Epignosis wrote:
A message from Toad:

I think Epi thinks we are being rather verbose!
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
thellama73 wrote:
Yes, laugh. Laugh all the way to the gallows!
You going to make that happen are you? For the record I didn't say I was confused or that I hadn't read the roles. I did have to remind myself what a goomba is though. That bit at least is true. One out of three ain't bad I guess.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

First, I am sending out PMs, so bear with me.

Second, and this is big: The items in the Shoppe are meant to be for the current Day, except the Leaf, which is permanent. For example, if you buy a Flower on Day 2, then your Day 2 vote increases by one. If you buy a Mushroom Day 2, then your Day 2 received lynch vote total decreases by one.

I apologize very much for the confusion my prior wording may have caused (I seem to have changed my notes on this before the game started but did not change the post). Fortunately the game has not been compromised because of that.

I ask your forgiveness. Again, PMs are going out.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 45

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Alright. Here's what I have gotten since I last posted.

I can understand MP's defense about civs lynching civs. I've definitely been on the receiving end of that a few too many times. I remember my first few games of mafia well. I was a civ in the first 3 or 4, and in each of them, MP went and got me lynched thinking I was a baddie. It can be easy for him to get blinders on sometimes. The doesn't necessarily make him bad or good however.

This post is sticking out to me quite a bit:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I considered a vote for you due to behavior of what i considered to be a potential teammate. Yes.

My main reason for suspecting him is his voting reason paired with the fact that he did NOT vote for the earliest voter (you). Should he come up bad, we can talk. Until then, it is academic.
I agree, but I still don't get this at all. How does someone else's behavior even incriminate me as a potential teammate when there is a reason for him to act in such a way in possibly any scenario (him being bad, me being bad; him being bad, me being civ; him being civ, me being civ)? Isn't that a clear logical fallacy and can you not understand how I feel that's unfair to me?

I can't decide what to make of your intentions, but if they are civvie-minded (and I have no reason to think you are civvie or a baddie at this point), I think it's a bit dangerous to be following that kind of lead.
I'm curious about other's opinions on it. Assuming I'm read that correctly, SVS thinks it is odd that, given Nev's logic, he did not vote for MP. But where did SVS make the logical jump from Nev to MP? I feel like I'm missing something here, so I wouldn't mind an explanation from someone else.

I also can understand why MP might be coming off as overly-defensive. I think it was odd that SVS refused to address any suspicions of other suspects that MP had brought up. But that also doesn't surprise me. SVS can be very focused and aggressive when she nails on a certain suspicion and decides to run with it. I think when you're a baddie in that situation (believe me, I've been there), it can be very frustrating and hard to get away from.

All that being said though, I'm still leaning toward both of them being civ. Thoughts?

Linki: Holy shit! Tons of linki!
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

So it turns out Boomslang went to get tickets for the opera and it was sold out. Bummer. I guess it's what happens when you make a last-minute decision (we were contemplating David Byrne and St. Vincent which was last night, but decided it was too expensive, something BWT and I also agreed on previously). Appears I will be around after all, but I literally just arrived home and do have things to take care of that I should probably do while I actually have the time.

I'll catch up at some point later tonight and I'll unfortunately have to vote tonight (or swiftly in the morning) as well. This timing is absolutely the worst possible timing for me.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I really don't think we should go to Water World next. I think each of the 4 baddies could have amassed 20+ coins apiece and they'd be able to buy cheep cheeps and bloopers each or combine to get a Podoboo or Bullet Bill.

linki-MP: Do what you gotta do, man. RL happens. We ain't goin' nowhere. Well, hopefully I'll go to the gym, but you get what I mean.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

EBWOP:

Votes Pipeworld, since so many of you seem excited by it.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 171

Post by Hedgeowl »

Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
A message from Toad:

Toad is a role that sends out messages, so I think that is his 10 word message for the day. Also, the roles have been updated now that we left Grass land if people had not checked yet.

Also, I am loving this game and the people playing. :daisy:
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

I'm pulling a Simon.

Snowy, are you bad? I think you're bad! :fishslap:

And, I'm with Hedgeowl, I think this game is fun! :lorab:
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 69

Post by S~V~S »

birdwithteeth11 wrote: I'm curious about other's opinions on it. Assuming I'm read that correctly, SVS thinks it is odd that, given Nev's logic, he did not vote for MP. But where did SVS make the logical jump from Nev to MP? I feel like I'm missing something here, so I wouldn't mind an explanation from someone else.

I also can understand why MP might be coming off as overly-defensive. I think it was odd that SVS refused to address any suspicions of other suspects that MP had brought up. But that also doesn't surprise me. SVS can be very focused and aggressive when she nails on a certain suspicion and decides to run with it. I think when you're a baddie in that situation (believe me, I've been there), it can be very frustrating and hard to get away from.

All that being said though, I'm still leaning toward both of them being civ. Thoughts?

Nevin said that he agreed with someones logic about baddies voting early. He said early voters were suspicious, so he was voting for Gleam as he was an early voter.

Gleam vote second, MP voted first. Why skip MP if a suspicion of early voters is your voting motivation?

This pinged me enough to vote for Nevin, as it seemed he was selectively applying his voting criteria, which would not be something I would expect a civvie to do. When asked to explain, he said, well, MP has a reason for voting, Gleam did not.

But that is not what he said when he voted for Gleam, he said early voters were suspicious. So why would having a reason make an early vote less suspicious? That does not make sense to me.

So i voting for him again, at the risk of being accused of tunnel vision again (and imo, tunnel vision does not really apply to suspecting the same person 2 days in a row, lol).

I really, really, really believe Nevin is bad based on his vote, and then on his reaction to me. I think he knew i was not Kate, I think someone told him about how I have been known to act.

*Voting Nevinera*
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 151

Post by Vompatti »

12:17 AM is after midnight, right?
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Elohcin wrote:I'm pulling a Simon.

I almost asked him the same thing, Simon Style!

<3 all y'all.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

ebwop, @bwt~ also, re not addressing other suspicions. I am sure you have had suspicions that you believed in your heart, and others did not, or tried to dissuade you, for nefarious reasons or for good, civvie reasons, but you still, in your heart of hearts, thought you were right. I feel my OWN suspicions most. While I agree that other people are bad, I still think Nevin is bad. So that is my focus.

I have not heard anything to make me think otherwise about him.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
A message from Toad:

Toad is a role that sends out messages, so I think that is his 10 word message for the day. Also, the roles have been updated now that we left Grass land if people had not checked yet.

I like that Toad added 'Bazinga' so he'd have 10 words even. Who amongst us is the type to use words like that? Who is known for making short&sweet posts? Keep that person in your mind and do not lynch 'em.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Elohcin wrote:I'm pulling a Simon.

I am not bad.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

I am going to say a totally random thing and see what happens. Will someone post on top of it with a completely unrelated post?

Who knows?

And I personally know of no one that actually says Bazinga, but I am not as familiar with many playing this game as are some others.
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Vompatti wrote:12:17 AM is after midnight, right?
yeppers...yep, yep. Si. Oui. Da. ture.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Random Remark
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Snow Dog wrote:What are your points MP? Do I have to read through all that again. I saw nothing to comment on. You raised some names. I read it.
I apologize, I sort of went into overdrive mode last night while playing (what can I say, I love mafia) and I realize that reading paragraphs of text over and over isn't exactly easy reading. I hope you didn't feel I was calling you out specifically, but I just get frustrated (in-game) when I am trying to start discussion and I feel absolutely no one is listening to me.

You're right, most of what I presented was pretty gut-based, no substantial analytical cases or anything, but that's because I believe it's near impossible to drum up something like that at this point and have it actually be a worthwhile endeavor. Trust me, I've tried making massive cases on people on Days 1 and 2, and in retrospect, much of it is stabbing in the dark. But I suppose that's the point of mafia nonetheless. It's just what makes these early day periods so difficult.

Most of what I was referring to as my discussion points is here (though there were other points made, this was the main 'here's what I'm currently thinking' post).

I do think I'll be voting llama, Bullz, Nevinera, or Hedgeowl. Not sure. I need to think on this.

Give me a bit here and I'm going to mull over a few thoughts and attempt to make sense of what my gut has been telling me. I think I'll try to re-read a few players/posts in particular, hopefully I'll have enough time. These 24 hour days are incredibly NOT conducive to discussion and analysis.

But I'll do that in a separate post.

Snow Dog wrote:Sorry just read thw whole of your above post. I agree with you actually. SVS does seem single minded on Nev and is very sure. This is the way she plays maybe. I could never be so confident. But I am still going for the water voters. Although I suspect that Vomps maybe voted water for the next world to support Lizzy who voted it the first time. If he is civ he is the most unhelpful civ around.
This is definitely the way she plays. I get what you mean re: water voters, I'm just not sure I agree necessarily. I could easily see a scenario in which a baddie could have been ballsy and voted that option early on, but there's also the clear logic against it.

thellama73 wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote: Also, you seriously think that NO Goomba sneaked in a vote in Gleam? If you recall, we had three baddies whose votes were worth 0 last lynch.

While I agree with your observation, you appear to be going from one extreme to the other. I disagree. I think there was one or two Goombas that voted for Gleam; the fact that you are not willing to even look at any of those voters strikes me as odd indeed, especially when he was lynched for what were really silly reasons.
Goombas votes are worth zero, so why would they bother going on record voting against someone they knew would flip civ? I know how carefully people analyze past votes and if I were bad, I would not want to be counted among those that lynched a civ if I could help it. Maybe one goomba did indeed vote for Gleam, but I think we have better odds in looking elsewhere.

I agree that SVS' pursuit of Nev is a bit much for it being so early, but I also know that that is her style, so I don't mak too much of it. I also think she makes some valid points about him, so he is someone I will have my eye on going forward.

Regarding the "excessive defensiveness" comment, I generally think it is a mistake to get one's hackles up over day one votes, when most people will collect at least one vote. It makes you stand out and look like you have been caught as a baddie. However, I know that you are an experienced enough baddie to be unlikely to respond in this way, so I am not looking at you with too much seriousness right now.

I'm happy to respond to any other concerns you have about me.
Sure, people analyze past votes, but how many baddies actually get lynched purely out of poor voting record? Honestly, I would have agreed with you entirely if I was the MP of a year or two ago... but I'm not so sure anymore. I feel pretty confident that at least one baddie would have found it most beneficial to squeak in and throw a vote on gleam; it was the perfect opportunistic bandwagon.

I understand that, and I do recognize I was in overdrive, but it seriously is old to be a major point of suspicion every game right off the bat -- and the way S~V~S linked me as possibly baddie without even saying it was because of my own actions just rubbed me the wrong way.

That, and, much of my pursuit was really just trying to prevent possible disaster. I know S~V~S can be an incredibly good civvie asset, but I've also seen her fail, just like anyone else, and I've also seen her as a devious baddie. Her relentless pursuit of Nevinera, even if she feels she is 99% right, does not accomplish ANYTHING if she is wrong. If she is right, then power to her, but even then, I felt like I could foresee a scenario where little discussion of anything or anyone else was had, and I really wanted to try to engage her (and others, but particularly her yesterday) in it.

I suppose I feel/felt more strongly about it because I feel bad about all the times I've railroaded fellow civvies as a civvie. I'm going to try not to ever do that again, but at the same time, it is good to listen to your gut -- it's all about continuous improvement.

What points against Nevinera do you think she has made that are strongest, out of curiosity? I may not even see your response before I vote, which is a pity, but I want your perspective here.

Hedgeowl wrote:
:haha: :hug:

As to the explosion of posts between MP and SVS it's a bit like a posting contest. We are not required to play to stay alive (maybe nev is) and it seems stupid to stick our bear paw in that bee's nest.

MP - I think if you would like to get further discussion going from multiple players, highlighted questions are helpful. In long paragraphs, read late at night, specific questions get lost or forgotten by the time you finish reading.

1. How does everyone feel about SVS' focus on Nev?

I noted that when she asked about his initial vote reasons and I explained what I thought they might have been, she apparently never read or saw my post. Rather than engaging in discussion she continued to post 'why haven't you answered me nev?' Now nev then explained that really he had no better reason to vote gleam or MP. Which while upsetting to those who would like a darn good reason if we will be lynched, is perfectly logical to me in this point in the game. We can all pretend its great insight, but how many times have people lynched a baddie the first day? BWT can speak more to being lynched as a baddie over a typo I believe.

That said we are all suspects on each other's lists right now. :eye:

Linki - if that is SVS' style, then what is Nev's? Points? You mean point. She has one point, that he voted for no reason.

I think you are right about Goomba voting. It will be more useful later hopefully, but right now feels just as much of a shot in the dark.
Trust me, you would KNOW if I was in a posting contest. That was not it. :feb:

I understand, perhaps it wasn't the best way to stimulate discussion, but I wanted to throw out all of my thoughts. I always do that when I play; I work on the feedback and interactions of the thread. Because if you take that all away, what strategy do you have left?

As to S~V~S's focus on Nevinera, I'm very torn about it. I have no idea if Nevinera is a baddie, and I think he's reading a more likely baddie to me than S~V~S at the moment, but I'm not sure I'm completely convinced either.

Perhaps you're right about the Goomba voting. You probably are. I just think it's something to keep in mind.

Elohcin wrote:
Interesting point. I have a really hard time reading Snow Dog, so I have no idea. Am I the only one that just reads all of Snowie's posts the same regardless of his game? He has to be one of the hardest people to read ever, at least for me.

I appreciate the discussion point though. You could be onto something, I don't know.

Mongoose wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
A message from Toad:

I'm sure that was entirely aimed at me. :p

I really hope Toad loves this post! Here's looking at you, kid! :feb:

birdwithteeth11 wrote:Alright. Here's what I have gotten since I last posted.

I can understand MP's defense about civs lynching civs. I've definitely been on the receiving end of that a few too many times. I remember my first few games of mafia well. I was a civ in the first 3 or 4, and in each of them, MP went and got me lynched thinking I was a baddie. It can be easy for him to get blinders on sometimes. The doesn't necessarily make him bad or good however.

This post is sticking out to me quite a bit:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I considered a vote for you due to behavior of what i considered to be a potential teammate. Yes.

My main reason for suspecting him is his voting reason paired with the fact that he did NOT vote for the earliest voter (you). Should he come up bad, we can talk. Until then, it is academic.
I agree, but I still don't get this at all. How does someone else's behavior even incriminate me as a potential teammate when there is a reason for him to act in such a way in possibly any scenario (him being bad, me being bad; him being bad, me being civ; him being civ, me being civ)? Isn't that a clear logical fallacy and can you not understand how I feel that's unfair to me?

I can't decide what to make of your intentions, but if they are civvie-minded (and I have no reason to think you are civvie or a baddie at this point), I think it's a bit dangerous to be following that kind of lead.
I'm curious about other's opinions on it. Assuming I'm read that correctly, SVS thinks it is odd that, given Nev's logic, he did not vote for MP. But where did SVS make the logical jump from Nev to MP? I feel like I'm missing something here, so I wouldn't mind an explanation from someone else.

I still don't get S~V~S's train of thought connecting me to Nevinera either, even after she elaborated on it. However, I am currently leaning slightly civvie on her for now. Obviously leaning civvie on myself. :p

What do you think of Nevinera? Or was he one of the ones you included in "both of them" (I read as me and S~V~S, but am not sure)?

Hedgeowl wrote:
Same here, can't emphasize that enough!! :yay:

S~V~S wrote:ebwop, @bwt~ also, re not addressing other suspicions. I am sure you have had suspicions that you believed in your heart, and others did not, or tried to dissuade you, for nefarious reasons or for good, civvie reasons, but you still, in your heart of hearts, thought you were right. I feel my OWN suspicions most. While I agree that other people are bad, I still think Nevin is bad. So that is my focus.

I have not heard anything to make me think otherwise about him.
I can respect this. I just am not near that confident. I hope you are right, assuming Nevinera does face death today.

Will try to get to analysis here shortly... because I have to vote. Sucks. Majorly. I feel way too rushed with this schedule... and if that's why it seemed like I was pushing for discussion so much during a Night period, that would be why. Lol.
Elohcin
Hitman

Post by Elohcin »

MP, didn't toad tell you to shut up? :p haha
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum

Post by Tangrowth »

Well, I don't feel that was particularly illuminating. I have pretty fuzzy reads on almost everyone currently... I honestly thought the Day 1 lynch was more telling at the time, and reading through it now, there are possible speculations to be made, but it's difficult to draw solid conclusions using only that information, especially considering how early it is.

That being said, I went with my gut the previous day with Hedgeowl, and I told myself whatever the first name I thought of that would most be worthy of my vote, after currently assessing everything that has happened and my reads on players, then I would go with that name. That name is Bullzeye.

And here's why.

Sure, I felt like Llama was subtly pushing the thread, perhaps in a nefarious way, but I only received that vibe from a few of his posts, and I have nothing concrete to back that up. My opinion of Hedgeowl has not changed at all since my previous vote... so, very slightly leaning in the baddie direction.

It comes down to either Nevinera and Bullz, and I think Bullz's bandwagon vote for Gleam was insincere and I think I am most currently feeling he is most sketchy, so I'm going with that. Nevinera could very well be acting insincerely, and I was originally getting somewhat of that vibe from his posts, but I am less convinced by that right now after his elaborations, despite S~V~S's certainty.

That being said, a Nevinera lynch might be telling, but it also might be completely worthless. I'm afraid it would be more the latter, so perhaps that is unfairly influencing my vote in the other direction. Don't know. But... there's my train of thought, I guess. I was hoping I'd have more time AND more "evidence" to go off of, but sadly, neither of those are close to numerous. Sucks to have to vote now, but I know I won't get home in time and that I won't have time during lunch.

Linki with Elo: Lol, yes, I did see that; I clearly defied him. :feb:
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Nevinera »

S~V~S wrote:
birdwithteeth11 wrote: I'm curious about other's opinions on it. Assuming I'm read that correctly, SVS thinks it is odd that, given Nev's logic, he did not vote for MP. But where did SVS make the logical jump from Nev to MP? I feel like I'm missing something here, so I wouldn't mind an explanation from someone else.

Nevin said that he agreed with someones logic about baddies voting early. He said early voters were suspicious, so he was voting for Gleam as he was an early voter.

Gleam vote second, MP voted first. Why skip MP if a suspicion of early voters is your voting motivation?

This pinged me enough to vote for Nevin, as it seemed he was selectively applying his voting criteria, which would not be something I would expect a civvie to do. When asked to explain, he said, well, MP has a reason for voting, Gleam did not.

But that is not what he said when he voted for Gleam, he said early voters were suspicious. So why would having a reason make an early vote less suspicious? That does not make sense to me.

So i voting for him again, at the risk of being accused of tunnel vision again (and imo, tunnel vision does not really apply to suspecting the same person 2 days in a row, lol).

I really, really, really believe Nevin is bad based on his vote, and then on his reaction to me. I think he knew i was not Kate, I think someone told him about how I have been known to act.

*Voting Nevinera*
I said that MP had a reason to vote *early*, not a reason for his vote.
Mp posted that he was voting early and why, gleam just voted early.

My reaction to you is called being "irritated".
I am not bad, just pissed off.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

@MP: I thought SVS raised some valid concerns about Nevinera's inconsistent explanation of his vote. He thinks early voting is bad, but didn't vote for the earliest voter, then when pressed says he had no real reason to vote the way he did. However, people are inconsistent a lot and it doesn't mean they are baddies. Personally, I am not convinced on Nev. I still think a baddie voting fairly early for a civ, as Nev did, would be too obvious and something the team would avoid. I still think it would be wisest to examine non-gleam voters.

Also, please don't lynch me. I am civ and I am having fun so I want to keep playing.

I intend to vote for Snow Dog based mainly on this post.
Snow Dog wrote:I don't know what a Goomba is and why their votes are zero. Must look through the roles again.
Which came after I accused Gleam of knowing too much about the baddies and for some reason struck me as insincere, like he thought he could appear civvie by pretending not to understand the baddie roles.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm voting for Air World, because Desert makes no sense now and I still think we should try to avoid water altogether. Air sounds relatively safe.

I also voted Snow Dog

Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

thellama73 wrote:@MP: I thought SVS raised some valid concerns about Nevinera's inconsistent explanation of his vote. He thinks early voting is bad, but didn't vote for the earliest voter, then when pressed says he had no real reason to vote the way he did. However, people are inconsistent a lot and it doesn't mean they are baddies. Personally, I am not convinced on Nev. I still think a baddie voting fairly early for a civ, as Nev did, would be too obvious and something the team would avoid. I still think it would be wisest to examine non-gleam voters.

Also, please don't lynch me. I am civ and I am having fun so I want to keep playing.

Snow Dog wrote:I don't know what a Goomba is and why their votes are zero. Must look through the roles again.
Which came after I accused Gleam of knowing too much about the baddies and for some reason struck me as insincere, like he thought he could appear civvie by pretending not to understand the baddie roles.
I'm not sure on Nev either, but that seems a Day 1 voting "flying by the seat of your pants" move. I always feel like that on Day 1, so I personally don't want to overanalyze votes today.

I buy Snow's rationale for why he made the comment in question, llama. However, I do think he merits a second look.

I wish you could bribe votes in this game because I'd be open to bribes.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

thellama73 wrote:@MP: I thought SVS raised some valid concerns about Nevinera's inconsistent explanation of his vote. He thinks early voting is bad, but didn't vote for the earliest voter, then when pressed says he had no real reason to vote the way he did. However, people are inconsistent a lot and it doesn't mean they are baddies. Personally, I am not convinced on Nev. I still think a baddie voting fairly early for a civ, as Nev did, would be too obvious and something the team would avoid. I still think it would be wisest to examine non-gleam voters.

Not insincere. Foolish perhaps for posting my thoughts like that. But certainly not baddie behaviour. That would be more than foolish. That'd be idiotic. I cannot believe the man behind the self titled gambit is voting for me on this. :ponder:
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I voted water. :shark:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:Sorry just read thw whole of your above post. I agree with you actually. SVS does seem single minded on Nev and is very sure. This is the way she plays maybe. I could never be so confident. But I am still going for the water voters. Although I suspect that Vomps maybe voted water for the next world to support Lizzy who voted it the first time. If he is civ he is the most unhelpful civ around.
This is definitely the way she plays. I get what you mean re: water voters, I'm just not sure I agree necessarily. I could easily see a scenario in which a baddie could have been ballsy and voted that option early on, but there's also the clear logic against it.

Since I reread the baddy roles I have reversed my views on the water voters. They would gain no advantage from going to water world first. Vompatti's vote is still suspish though as is kate's questioning of the water voters. Unless she didn't read the roles properly either.

Linki..see Vomps is at it again.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

I would assume the baddies would prefer to go to the water world later in the game.

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Vompatti wrote:I would assume the baddies would prefer to go to the water world later in the game.
I would assume some agreement is needed amongst the players.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Snow Dog wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I would assume the baddies would prefer to go to the water world later in the game.
I would assume I'm not sure what you mean. :shrug:

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Vompatti wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
So you think you know what's best for us all? I guess it doesn't matter. If you are the only water voter it makes no difference. But your determination to go against the grain rankles me. I find it irksome and bothersome. Irksome enough to vote for you again.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Snow Dog wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
So you think you know what's best for us all? I guess it doesn't matter. If you are the only water voter it makes no difference. But your determination to go against the grain rankles me. I find it irksome and bothersome. Irksome enough to vote for you again.
I thought you just said that the baddies would gain no advantage from going to water world first (which is in line with what I just said) and that you reversed your views on the water voters? I'm assuming this means that you don't find the water voters suspicious anymore, but you still find MY water vote suspicious. I find this kind of suspicion very suspicious indeed. :eye:

Image Image Image
Snow Dog
Racketeer

Post by Snow Dog »

Vompatti wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
Vompatti wrote:
Snow Dog wrote:
I thought you just said that the baddies would gain no advantage from going to water world first (which is in line with what I just said) and that you reversed your views on the water voters? I'm assuming this means that you don't find the water voters suspicious anymore, but you still find MY water vote suspicious. I find this kind of suspicion very suspicious indeed. :eye:
The initial water voters.
NOT a winner of...
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Nevinera »

Snow Dog wrote: So you think you know what's best for us all? I guess it doesn't matter. If you are the only water voter it makes no difference. But your determination to go against the grain rankles me. I find it irksome and bothersome. Irksome enough to vote for you again.
This read a bit forced to me, like he was looking for a reason to vote for Vomps.
But I can't figure what that reason would *be*, so it probably won't make me vote snow.
Unless someone can think of a good reason for baddies to want to vote for a specific player like that?

I went with pipe world, because it was always my favorite place, and because someone had already voted for it.
I think in general it is better for us to vote on one or two places instead of spreading them out,
because otherwise it becomes obvious to the baddies which player has which kingdom,
and they can gain a lot of efficiency by night-killing those players immediately when their kingdom is visited.

Return to “Previous Side Missions”