33%

Total votes: 15
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night Three

Post by Golden »

Long Con wrote:
Golden wrote:An immune player does not even have zero votes. If the lynch ended with a tie of players on zero votes, they would still be immune and not form part of any tie breaker. They have no number of votes, and any votes towards them won't change that. This is true of any mechanic that makes someone 'immune', including the Cylon Immunity Act.
:smoky: Tell us more about these other mechanics..!
Or, alternatively, I could just rely on you to read everything I've already written thoroughly?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Long Con wrote:What is your impression of his action, and subsequent posts?
I think it's possible that he made a mistake. If he is a baddie then that vote was absolutely the dumbest thing he's ever done. We can WIFOM around the discussion all day, but I am not utterly perturbed beyond belief as some other players to include yourself seem to be. The Nerolunar wagon itself is a suspicious thing I agree, but I think it would be foolish to focus squarely upon the sealing vote while other players made that vote possible in the first place.

My concern with the vote is the apparent logical discrepancy I expressed in that post (essentially echoing Daisy's own point). I'll await MM's response before I judge that further.

I don't think his posts outside that discrepancy are especially alarming though. He broke a tie and a civilian was lynched. That happens all the time in Mafia, and anyone is capable of doing it regardless of alignment.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Post by ObscureAllure »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
I think it's possible that he made a mistake. If he is a baddie then that vote was absolutely the dumbest thing he's ever done. We can WIFOM around the discussion all day, but I am not utterly perturbed beyond belief as some other players to include yourself seem to be. The Nerolunar wagon itself is a suspicious thing I agree, but I think it would be foolish to focus squarely upon the sealing vote while other players made that vote possible in the first place.

My concern with the vote is the apparent logical discrepancy I expressed in that post (essentially echoing Daisy's own point). I'll await MM's response before I judge that further.

I don't think his posts outside that discrepancy are especially alarming though. He broke a tie and a civilian was lynched. That happens all the time in Mafia, and anyone is capable of doing it regardless of alignment.
You talking about me? Look, I could only talk in smiley and posted a vote for someone who had almost no suspicion. I guessed a few would bandwagon, but never would have guess that influx would come to be able to actually surpass LoRab. If you want to come at me for that, go for it. I pulled a bait and switch, yes, but I honestly didn't think that many sharks would appear in the water.
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 173

Post by DrWilgy »

ObscureAllure wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Sometimes silencing a common civ read can save them from NK and bring other players out of lurking. Perhaps forcing activity from others was the intention. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure you are bad. ISO incoming.
If you think you're going to head down this road, I suggest you bring an army, pops. There are a couple of players that I'll see lynched over my dead body and she's one of them. Emotional or not, I'd bet my life that that girl flies the civilian flag.
So are you Cavil and shes one of your btsc buddies? Pr is it the other way around?
HA! Not even remotely. (And wtf, if I was do you think I'd slip and out myself right there? lol) I don't know for sure whether or not she's a human or civilian. But, I highly doubt she's a mafia. If she was, her mafia team would have either A) reigned her in with her outbursts or B) thrown her under the buss to gain civvie cred while she was silenced. The fact that neither has happened an she is still very much playing a hugely emotional game says to me there's no way she's a mafia. She's a civvie.

Why do you suddenly think she's a mafia out of the blue? Hmm?

Linki: golden already answered. Claiming cylon negates their votes. So The person with the most votes would simply no longer exist as an option which would roll it down the the next most.
1. Only a baddie can slip.
2. What brought that possibility to mind if it was impossible? Thinking of slipping is something only a baddie would naturally do.
3. I think you just did.

We found our Cavil everyone!
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ObscureAllure wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:

You talking about me? Look, I could only talk in smiley and posted a vote for someone who had almost no suspicion. I guessed a few would bandwagon, but never would have guess that influx would come to be able to actually surpass LoRab. If you want to come at me for that, go for it. I pulled a bait and switch, yes, but I honestly didn't think that many sharks would appear in the water.
I'm not talking about any single player yet. It's a wagon of 9 votes, I am quite certain they're not all baddies. I'll assess more closely when I have an opportunity and come to whatever conclusion I come to.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

ObscureAllure wrote:Possibly Polo, Rico or SVS.
You must be out of your mind. :disappoint:

I was the first to vote LoRab (mostly based on her ridiculously shady interaction with Nutella), which thankfully got several undecided people to man up and hop along, and had manifested my suspicion of her before. Would you do me a favor and stop pulling on my payots?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

I also need to look into all these solo votes separated from the two major wagons and determine when they fell. Those aren't great. Note to self.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Silverwolf
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 310

Post by Silverwolf »

DrWilgy wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Sometimes silencing a common civ read can save them from NK and bring other players out of lurking. Perhaps forcing activity from others was the intention. Speaking of which, I'm pretty sure you are bad. ISO incoming.
If you think you're going to head down this road, I suggest you bring an army, pops. There are a couple of players that I'll see lynched over my dead body and she's one of them. Emotional or not, I'd bet my life that that girl flies the civilian flag.
So are you Cavil and shes one of your btsc buddies? Pr is it the other way around?
HA! Not even remotely. (And wtf, if I was do you think I'd slip and out myself right there? lol) I don't know for sure whether or not she's a human or civilian. But, I highly doubt she's a mafia. If she was, her mafia team would have either A) reigned her in with her outbursts or B) thrown her under the buss to gain civvie cred while she was silenced. The fact that neither has happened an she is still very much playing a hugely emotional game says to me there's no way she's a mafia. She's a civvie.

Linki: golden already answered. Claiming cylon negates their votes. So The person with the most votes would simply no longer exist as an option which would roll it down the the next most.
2. What brought that possibility to mind if it was impossible? Thinking of slipping is something only a baddie would naturally do.
3. I think you just did.

Nope, She was giving a hypothetical scenario and I've said things like that as town before. "If I was mafia, you think I'd be so dumb as to.......whatever it it." If you look at motivation, there's things Mafia would not do if they were smart. Openly defending each other like that is definitely one of them. There's a lot more subtle ways to protect a scumbuddy than that. And OA was instrumental in the nutella lynch and calling out Lorab as a BTSC partner. I think you are barking up the wrong tree.
Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

BTW, I agree with lynching Lorab tomorrow followed by Long Con after that.
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Silverwolf wrote:Nope, She was giving a hypothetical scenario and I've said things like that as town before. "If I was mafia, you think I'd be so dumb as to.......whatever it it." If you look at motivation, there's things Mafia would not do if they were smart. Openly defending each other like that is definitely one of them. There's a lot more subtle ways to protect a scumbuddy than that. And OA was instrumental in the nutella lynch and calling out Lorab as a BTSC partner. I think you are barking up the wrong tree.
what she said

And wiggly why did you specifically pick that cylon of all of the options to accuse me of? Why not just say mafia? I find that interesting.
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Well why not just say mafia or cylon I guess
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Silverwolf wrote:BTW, I agree with lynching Lorab tomorrow followed by Long Con after that.
Why LC?

How has this man been a top suspect since day one and he's not lunched yet. Lol
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

OA and Silverwolf, let's form a town bloc. I trust y'all and find your reads mostly agreeable. If we put our heads together I think we can make great progress.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Silverwolf
Drug Dealer

Post by Silverwolf »

I'm o.k. with that JJJ. And OA I'll lay out a case on Long Con after I've has some sleep. I'm exhausted right now.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Spacedaisy wrote:I think Nero voters are a good place to look, obviously. As has already been pointed out, those holding their votes might be worth consideration, I'm sure they wouldn't have wanted Lorab to out herself until it became necessary, so I can't imagine they voted early given that fact. I need to look over how the votes came in I think. However, once it was locked in that Nero was going to die instead of Lorab, they could safely cast their votes on her if they wished. Which I suppose doesn't look good for me, but eh, it is what it is. Makes the later votes less meaningful. It would be the ones that locked him in for second that should be most scrutinized I think, since they are the ones that likely determined the lynch in reality.
I was mainly holding my vote in case Nero came in and claimed Cylon to gain immunity. Had he done so, we would have been left with 8 players with 1 vote apiece. That would have been an awful result.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Polo wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Vote Nerolunar
If Nerolunar flips civ, you're my next lynch.
Why?

1) I don't do ties if I can help it.
2) If Lorab is a Cylon (which I believe she is), then Nero is lynched no matter where I vote.
3) I don't understand why you come to this conclusion.
Marsh, I am willing to talk to you here. A large part of me thinks the sea of :suspish: :suspish: :suspish: 's dropped into this thread in the wake of Nero's flip is more suspicious than your actual vote was. But I need to understand one thing:

#2. I think this is an incorrect interpretation of the President's law, but regardless -- if you think this is how it functions, then it is a lot harder to understand why you voted for Nero. If you think Nero dies either way, then you needlessly sacrificed an opportunity to get more information out of the lynch by putting LoRab in the lead. Please explain what brought you to this move specifically in light of this query.
I had it in my mind that there was no reason to vote for Lorab because she claimed Cylon and wouldn't be lynched regardless. In retrospect, I think you and Daisy are correct on what I should have done, but that didn't occur to me until too late.

That said, voting for Nerolunar was still better than voting somewhere else. A tie between Lorab and Nero with Nero being lynched wouldn't have learned us anything, again assuming that Lorab is a Cylon.
ObscureAllure wrote:For the record, my mother had me vaccinated to I'm immune to everything. Come at me bro.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle!

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

ObscureAllure wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:BTW, I agree with lynching Lorab tomorrow followed by Long Con after that.
Why LC?

How has this man been a top suspect since day one and he's not lunched yet. Lol
I want to lynch Long Con as well.

If he's a Cylon, then he forfeited his amnesty today. :grin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Three

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

SokothQultuq wrote:Seems a running theme that I'm bad. I realize that some of my posting was vague lately but that can be me. You'll find out as you come to know me. LOL

Postby JaggedJimmyJay » Sat May 14, 2016 9:59 pm

SokothQultuq wrote:
Interesting suspicions.

So far I'm somewhat convinced based on what I've seen and observed of people that I feel
Glorfindel
Long Con
Sig
JaggedJimmyJay
might fit into the baddie department based on some of the conversations that have been had. Some are more willing to help than others. Avoid certain subjects or knee jerk on some.

Could you please explain all of these reads individually? I'd like to know why you find all four of these names suspicious independent of one another, beyond the blanket sentences you've provided at the bottom here.

=================================================================================

Glorfindel - Actually your comment following up with my post pushes me toward believing that you could be a Baddie as your knee jerk reaction to my accusation. You failed to provide any substantial evidence to support the fact that you might be town but instead Knee Jerked with essentially "No I'm not, you are!" in this case. Call it a case of fishing to see what your reaction might be. And you reacted nicely. I thank you for that. Usually someone who is innocent of something does not immediately run in and start throwing around counter accusations.

Long Con - Started out trying very hard to convince people they were a "Civ" from the beginning while also jumping on the band wagon that was previously started by another player. But started outright hinting at devious intentions while playing it off as a joke so its hard not to be suspicious. I myself like to play like this in games like this to keep people guessing. But its hard for me to say with all certainty that LC is bad because of my own pertinacity to do just the same. Later in the game when it came into question that a "Cylon" would know the exact coordinates of a Rez ship they played real hard toward convincing people that they were again Civ.

Sig - Wishy washy attitude towards Cylons. First its "Kill them all", then we go back to "Maybe we dont need to kill them all." I also found a few supporting comments of our having downed a few of the rez ships to feel somewhat disingenuous. But that could just be me.

JaggedJimmyJay - Seems to be pushing pretty hard, perhaps that is the nature of his character. Now in hindsight going back and reading more of the posts in history I'm starting to retract my opinion of him. Every good group needs a good leader who will take charge and help push things and the agenda along but that could be both good and bad. But I'm always suspicious of someone who goes in hard, fast, and loose. So I'm very on the ropes about my opinion here.

Does that help answer why more specifically? Right or wrong its about the only half way decent reads on people i've gotten so far being new to this. Some of you have made some excellent points on some others too which lead me toward voting on others over these few to a degree. But I'm not entirely sold.

Someone asked that we perhaps shake things up by voting randomly, I'm game for that. Not sure how we do that unless I get out some Dice equal to the amount of players and rock the vote based on the dice roll. If I havn't seen otherwise here in a bit I will commit to voting that way or if you have a suggestion on how to randomize the vote, I'm game.
I am incredibly conflicted about this stuff, Sokoth. On one hand, I think you look quite genuine in your attempt to provide meaningful reads from an understandable mindset (by the standards of a player in his very first Mafia game). On the other hand, I have to convince myself to town read a player who openly randomized his vote, or at least claimed to, especially when that vote landed on me. :huh:

GTH town read on this guy.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

3J I dunno if I trust you yet sorry. Lol. Although I'm leaning towards it, I don't know that it's enough to make that leap. The only two people I'm sure aren't mafia are Epi and Silver (for reasons I've already stated.) I think DB, Zebra, SD and possibly you are townies, but not enough to fight for it. I'd bet money that LoRab and LC are cylon mafia. I think sig or Rico probably. Dunno. You should ISO LC since you already did Lorab
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Jay, you realize that a random vote is not personal at all, but actually fate? I don't know how you could argue that he's mafia anyway, when in fact the stars had already aligned and shown us that you are the real scum here.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

I'm sorry I'm a posting maniac. Trying to communicate with smilies for two days was brutal. I'll shut up now. Lol
Marmot
Marmot

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night Two

Post by Marmot »

Also, I want to bring this up again.

Does anyone think that nutella would have followed such a trend because she had a Cylon teammate doing it, or because she saw others in the thread saying it?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Also, for the record, I did a search of nutella's posts.

Nutella has posted over 1100 times on the Syndicate. This is the first game she has used the word scum in an on-topic post, and she has done so in at least 4 posts. I wouldn't be surprised if nutella had a teammate who uses the word scum.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

ObscureAllure wrote:I'm sorry I'm a posting maniac. Trying to communicate with smilies for two days was brutal. I'll shut up now. Lol
:nicenod: :srsnod:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

ObscureAllure wrote:3J I dunno if I trust you yet sorry. Lol. Although I'm leaning towards it, I don't know that it's enough to make that leap. The only two people I'm sure aren't mafia are Epi and Silver (for reasons I've already stated.) I think DB, Zebra, SD and possibly you are townies, but not enough to fight for it. I'd bet money that LoRab and LC are cylon mafia. I think sig or Rico probably. Dunno. You should ISO LC since you already did Lorab
I built a big case against Long Con on Day 2 and I don't think his posts have shown much improvement if any since then -- there are a ton of one-liners in there and the substance is just not present. I would agree that he's a suspect.

Also, post as much as you like. You never know how long you'll be in the game. Give us as many goodies as you desire, they're all useful.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night Two

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Also, I want to bring this up again.

Does anyone think that nutella would have followed such a trend because she had a Cylon teammate doing it, or because she saw others in the thread saying it?
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Also, for the record, I did a search of nutella's posts.

Nutella has posted over 1100 times on the Syndicate. This is the first game she has used the word scum in an on-topic post, and she has done so in at least 4 posts. I wouldn't be surprised if nutella had a teammate who uses the word scum.
I think it's a better-than-worthless observation you made. "Scum" is a term that has become more frequent in general around here so it's hard to make a definitive accusation, but it's a valid point to be considered within a larger case.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

OA, I'd be interested to hear what you like about Zebra. She's and I have had a difficult interaction in this game and that makes reading her a frustrating and potentially biased endeavor.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:I had it in my mind that there was no reason to vote for Lorab because she claimed Cylon and wouldn't be lynched regardless. In retrospect, I think you and Daisy are correct on what I should have done, but that didn't occur to me until too late.

That said, voting for Nerolunar was still better than voting somewhere else. A tie between Lorab and Nero with Nero being lynched wouldn't have learned us anything, again assuming that Lorab is a Cylon.
What do you think of the people who have buried you in negative emoticons in the wake of your Nero vote?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I had it in my mind that there was no reason to vote for Lorab because she claimed Cylon and wouldn't be lynched regardless. In retrospect, I think you and Daisy are correct on what I should have done, but that didn't occur to me until too late.

What do you think of the people who have buried you in negative emoticons in the wake of your Nero vote?
Not much really.

Polo made his view clear before the lynch flip. I think his conclusion could come from either a mafia or civilian mindset, so I'm indifferent there.

Spacedaisy was willing to give me a fair shake. I haven't seen her play a game as a baddie lately, but I think her meta this game matches that of Downton.

Long Con is going to get my vote soon if not tomorrow. His reaction didn't make me feel better about him

ObscureArray only reacted in smileys, so I'm indifferent there as well.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Isolated thoughts that I think function together:

1. LoRab claimed to be a cylon for the sake of amnesty. I don't think she ever does this as a good-aligned human and will not entertain that notion. It's plausible that she'd do it as a good-aligned cylon, but it strikes me as a poor decision that'd only delay the inevitable and potentially be a big distraction. I'm not sure she'd do that. It's plausible that she'd do it as a bad-aligned anything, because it gives her a much higher chance of surviving the day phase -- any extra day for any baddie is worth pursuing. This is all probably speaking the obvious. Progressing to the next point...

2. With LoRab having outed herself, a legitimate strategy could then be employed by honest people to pursue the lynch of someone else. Epignosis was the primary purveyor of this strategy, and I don't fault him for that. If LoRab truly had earned herself amnesty, then Golden's interpretation of the President's law would facilitate the lynch of the player with the second-most votes. This could be any player at any vote total so long as it is the second most. Progressing...

3. It would strike me as a rather blatant maneuver for a LoRab team mate to vote for her prior to her cylon claim knowing that she'd do it. I believe S~V~S was also espousing this perspective. I wouldn't rule it out entirely, particularly among the earlier voters (who I can't even recall as I write this post) because they may have legitimately not known she'd do it yet. Generally though I don't think the LoRab wagon should be viewed as more suspicious in light of this logic. Progressing...

4. If the player with the second-most votes will be lynched instead of LoRab, then it shouldn't be an inherently bad look for players to vote elsewhere and facilitate that. However, this changes when the alternative lynch becomes a huge bandwagon instead of merely the "second-largest bandwagon". Nerolunar finished with 9 votes -- he'd have been lynched with 2 votes if LoRab's claim is to be believed. This means that if the position taken by S~V~S and I described in #3 is valid, then most or all of LoRab's team mates who hadn't voted yet were withholding their votes until after her claim. This means they needed a place to put their votes that would look organic, and when any huge wagon forms -- regardless of for whom -- that need is resolved. It would have been very easy for those baddies to place their votes on Nerolunar under those circumstances, because a 9-vote wagon is by nature great for blending.

~~~

So, following all of that, I think it's reasonable to suspect the players in the Nerolunar wagon more than those in the LoRab wagon. This comes with the caveat that everything is still contextual and individual cases demand individual analysis. But that is where my mind is at right now, and I think it's a logical deduction which will influence my analytic focus in the near future.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Lorab couldn't have known going into the day that she was going to claim Cylon. If she has teammates and they all saved their votes, I don't think it would have been because they were waiting for Lorab to claim Cylon. That was just coincidence.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:Lorab couldn't have known going into the day that she was going to claim Cylon. If she has teammates and they all saved their votes, I don't think it would have been because they were waiting for Lorab to claim Cylon. That was just coincidence.
I agree; I addressed this a bit in #3. I think that this question can be resolved by determining when the flurry of Nero votes came relative to LoRab's claim. Before that claim, her baddie team mates (should they exist) could have theoretically voted anywhere.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

What do you think mafia really don't go into games with strats? Yalls strat is clearly to defend one another, then splash in some WIFOM and voila! A perfect baddie recipe!

"We cant be baddies because we defend each pther so blatantly"

Isn't it interesting that the claim isn't we aren't bad instead of we aren't on the same team?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

:offtobed:

Catch you all tomorrow.

Also, sortie F6 just in case.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:What do you think mafia really don't go into games with strats? Yalls strat is clearly to defend one another, then splash in some WIFOM and voila! A perfect baddie recipe!

Isn't it interesting that the claim isn't we aren't bad instead of we aren't on the same team?
I don't understand what you're saying here Doc. Are you addressing my comments? I didn't say baddie teams don't employ strategies; I actually said something quite different.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Glorfindel »

If I may... I was left with little choice but to hold my vote and place it on Magnus as a simple matter of self-defense against the groundswell of players who were lining up to accuse me. I'm not saying that I wouldn't have still voted for him had circumstances been different but I was leaning more towards Dr Wilgy as I'd said.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:What do you think mafia really don't go into games with strats? Yalls strat is clearly to defend one another, then splash in some WIFOM and voila! A perfect baddie recipe!

I don't understand what you're saying here Doc. Are you addressing my comments? I didn't say baddie teams don't employ strategies; I actually said something quite different.
No silly! Your posts are tpo long and I don't read them :P

That was towards obscure!

Glorf... Dun kill me bro
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Official Mafia Rule #412:

Any post featuring the second-person point of view needs to open with a quote from the player being addressed or a clearly stated name.

This public service announcement brought to you by Jagged J. Jay.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Official Mafia Rule #412:

Any post featuring the second-person point of view needs to open with a quote from the player being addressed or a clearly stated name.

What are the other 411 rules?
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

DrWilgy wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Official Mafia Rule #412:

What are the other 411 rules?
Please attend my next book signing, I'll give you a free copy. When it is scheduled I will let you know the location.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 382

Post by a2thezebra »

JaggedJimmyJay
Long Con
Ricochet
Spacedaisy

Silverwolf
Glorfindel

G-Man
S~V~S
bea

Polo
Matt
Marmot

DrWilgy
Epignosis
SokothQultuq

juliets
Scotty
Black Rock

DFaraday
Drum Beats
ObscureAllure
LoRab
sig
Vompatti
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

You either believe me or you don't but don't ask the same questions twice. Sorry Epi but town needs this right now.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

I'll probably be voting for Vompatti.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 75
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

S~V~S wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I feel better about them, because obviously, she would prefer not to have to do it at all. Claiming you are a cylon is a last ditch resort.
One or more of them voting a teammate who is about to claim Cylon, and you feel better about them....you see there this goes down the black rabbit hole.
No, not really. Because someone would say what you are saying. I know I would not in a million years vote for a teammate about to role claim baddie. I would vote some tangent vote, or hold my vote until after she did it.
Except that I don't have BTSC with anyone.
DrumBeats wrote:Well we would need a ton of people if we wanted to counter the Nero wagon so maybe not.

Idea time! What if we pushed the Nero wagon past the Lorab wagon?

My thoughts on that is that if Lorab is human, he would be lynched regardless, if he is cyclon it would default to Nero. If we push Nero past, then we save a human Lorab if that is the case. It would make no difference if Lorab is a cylon. Only thing here is we would be uncertain in the end if Lorab is cylon or human. I'm not sure how you guys feel about it, but it's a possibility imo. We need to come up with a group consensus on that though, so nobody jumps the gun and does it anyway.

And @Glorfindel - G-man has a convincing case on you imo and I do not like Bea's interactions with nutella
I'm quite female.

And why would I false claim cylon?
Black Rock wrote:Voting Lorab

I don't think Lorab is a good Cylon, and I want her to keep having the most votes.
I am a good cylon. Unless you think I'm human and evil then why waste a vote?
Spacedaisy wrote:Ok.... So I have to choose between voting Nero or Lorab?

Clearly Lorab would've a poor choice for a vote since she likely has amnesty. I need to go read back through Nero's posts.

I must say I am shocked more people aren't suspecting me, because I am well aware how bad my post about Nutella looked after her flip. I would ask that my emotional instability at that moment not keep you all from suspecting me as normal, I assure you I'm fine now.

Not much time; going to go check out Nero. Regarding Lorab though, I am trying to think what colons might be civ aligned other than Athena and frankly I'm not sure, anyone have a thought on whether there are those that might be?

Linki: I have no problem declaring I am a cylon in order to follow this plan, I think it's a decent idea. So I am a Cylon.

Also, in case Lorab is trying a ploy to save herself by convincing others votes for her are useless, I am putting my vote on Lorab. If the math prevents anyone but Nero getting the second most votes at this point I don't see any other worthwhile place to put my vote. It will ensure we know for certain her claim is true and avoid any shenanigans she might be trying to pull. So instead of reading Nero before voting (which is apparently pointless) I'm going to vote Lorab.

Vote: Lorab
So, you don't think that there are other civ aligned cylons, but you are voting based on the idea that I could be a mafia aligned human? That doesn't really make sense.

I'm not bad. I'm not pulling any shenanigans. I am grateful that amnesty was declared so that I can live another day.

Silverwolf wrote:Like, I'm too angry to even post or care right now. You never even expressed suspicion of me Nero. Is it because I expressed some of you? Then that's selfish and plays against wincon.

Damn that was dumb and now you are dead when I most likely would of voted Lorab instead of you. That really worked out for you well didn't it?

*rant over*

Long Con-I'm venting, cuz it pissed me off.
It's kind of unfair to question someone's motivations when they cannot answer. And folks have plenty of different reasons for using their roles in different ways. I suggest that you ask him post game why he targeted you (assuming that he did and that the target wasn't switched or something). But I don't think it's appropriate to insult people in the thread for decisions they made about how to use their role.
Epignosis wrote:Lorab tomorrow. No questions.
And in response to everyone else planning to vote me tomorrow...

Except for the fact that I'm not bad. I mean, I fully expect to be lynched. But the fact is that you won't be lynching a baddie.
Polo wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:Possibly Polo, Rico or SVS.
You must be out of your mind. :disappoint:

I was the first to vote LoRab (mostly based on her ridiculously shady interaction with Nutella), which thankfully got several undecided people to man up and hop along, and had manifested my suspicion of her before. Would you do me a favor and stop pulling on my payots?
I look forward to quoting this post in particular in end game, when you all learn that I have no BTSC and am not a baddie.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

Wow that was a thrilling catch up! :faint:

So many things happened...

Next day phase, we all need to follow Marmot and claim Cylon. Genius! Of course, that would mean only those who claimed Cylon during this phase would be up for lynch, but at this point, it looks like Lorab's a goner anyway so it'd be the perfect day phase to finish this.

Speaking of Marmot... :ponder:

May 15, 8:16 PM
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:So basically right now it comes down to who would we rather have in front, Nero or Lorab.

Pros of Nero ahead:
-Human!Lorab would not die

Pros of Lorab:
-We would know for sure if Lorab is a cylon.

I'm personally leaning more towards putting Nero ahead. Would've preferred Glorfindel or Bea, but sadly that's not a choice.

Vote: Nerolunar
As Golden just cleared up, Lorab effectively has 0 votes (unless she lied).

Thus, Nerolunar would be the lynch leader regardless of your vote. But that's alright.
Here, we have MM telling Drum that Nero is going to be the lynch leader regardless of his vote, because Lorab has, technically, zero votes.

At this point, Marmot believes that Nero is leading the lynch.

May 15, 8:38 PM
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
Polo wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Vote Nerolunar
If Nerolunar flips civ, you're my next lynch.
Why?

1) I don't do ties if I can help it.
2) If Lorab is a Cylon (which I believe she is), then Nero is lynched no matter where I vote.
3) I don't understand why you come to this conclusion.
1 and 2 conflict. Marmot says he doesn't do ties in 1. However, in 2, Marmot says he does, in fact, believe Lorab is a Cylon, so therefore it wasn't even a tie, from his POV. So his number 1 is a lie.

Also, go back to the 8:16 PM quote, and see what he tells Drum. "Nerolunar would be the lynch leader regardless of your vote. But that's alright." By saying "but that's alright", I feel, from Marmot's PoV, that Drum did something "wrong" by voting for Nero, yet Marmot would do the exact same thing, vote for Nero, less then 20 min later. Wtf

At this point, Marmot believes that Lorab and Nero were tied...except he really doesn't, cuz as he said, he fully believed Lorab was a Cylon. So I guess he thought that Nero was still in the lead? Inconclusive.

May 15, 8:42 PM
Metalmarsh89 wrote:Well I'm sorry Nerolunar. :(

Y'all are going to have to deal with it. I said earlier I'd prefer a Long Con or Glorfindel lynch, but the tie was created between Lorab and Nerolunar. I'm not going to place a worthless vote elsewhere if there at tie between the top wagons.

If you've got a problem with it, tough shit.
Now here, suddenly Marmot goes full on "they were tied" mode. Despite clearly advising Drum, less then a half hour before, that Nero was in the lead.

At this point, Marmot believes Lorab and Nero were tied.

May 15, 10:44 PM

Again, these ideas conflict.

If Marmot believes that there's no reason to vote for Lorab because she wouldn't be lynched regardless, then his reason # 1 in the 8:38PM post doesn't make sense. "I don't do ties." There wouldn't be a tie!

Anyway, at this last point, I'm not sure if Marmot believes they were tied or if Nero was in the lead, or whatever. It's blurry, because Marmot isn't being clear.

I think he's a liar. Dunno about what exactly, but he's lyin' about something.

I find it questionable that he said "but that's alright" to Drum at one point in the evening, as if Drum might have made a "mistake", and then goes on to make the exact same "mistake" less then 30 minutes later!!

Hrm.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

Oh, and RIP Nero.

Tomorrow at some point, unless someone else wants to, I will tally up who said "I'm a Cylon", and only count those who didn't add a "but not really" or something similar.

Then, hopefully, next day phase, we can organize and get everyone to say this. Even Epi.
Image Image Image Image
sig
bolt sbit mpo
Posts in topic: 287

Post by sig »

Long Con wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:
Long Con wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:I'm a boneheaded idiot when I'm civilian and I talk out of my ass when I'm mafia.
Does this apply to today's lynch?
What are your thoughts on what happened today, LC?
My thoughts on Metalmarsh's part are already quite clear. It's really sucky that Nero got lynched, and the real fault lies with the President for making that law. Without that law, Lorab would have been lynched today.
Yeah stupid president lets impeach them. :P
ObscureAllure wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Lorab tomorrow. No questions.
This.

And then I think that Sig, Long Con, Juliet and Bea are the most likely mafia at this point.
Why me and then LC? That makes no sense/. I don't like how you're setting up lynches days in advance.
Silverwolf wrote:Also, I'm guessing you picked ika N1 since he was killed and no one was silenced. That almost makes me feel like you have a personal vendetta this game but that could just me being irritated right now thinking that. I am NOT a happy camper.
Don't be mean to Nero he's going to be my future sugar daddy. :P
Right Nero. :nicenod:
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

Silverwolf wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:

3. I think you just did.

Nope, She was giving a hypothetical scenario and I've said things like that as town before. "If I was mafia, you think I'd be so dumb as to.......whatever it it." If you look at motivation, there's things Mafia would not do if they were smart. Openly defending each other like that is definitely one of them. There's a lot more subtle ways to protect a scumbuddy than that. And OA was instrumental in the nutella lynch and calling out Lorab as a BTSC partner. I think you are barking up the wrong tree.
I disagree any if I was mafia thing can be used by mafia. And mafia can openly defend their teammates smart mafia do it, the winners of GoC did it and I've done it multiply times and have never gotten lynched in the past. So saying smart mafia wouldn't do this is WIFOM ridden and inaccurate.
ImageImage
sig
bolt sbit mpo

Post by sig »

weeee I caught up, I'm not liking Zebra or LC right now.
ImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 93

Post by Vompatti »

I'm pretty sure either Zebra or LC is bad, but probably not both of them.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Firstly, I don't think I've ever said that in a defense in any mafia game ever. Why would anyone say that? You accused me of being a baddie, I responded I'm not a baddie. (Still waiting on you to answer why you chose that specific baddie btw) and 2) technically If she's a townie and I think she is, then we are on the same team DERP
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

a2thezebra wrote:JaggedJimmyJay
Long Con
Ricochet
Spacedaisy

Silverwolf
Glorfindel

G-Man
S~V~S
bea

Polo
Matt
Marmot

DrWilgy
Epignosis
SokothQultuq

juliets
Scotty
Black Rock

DFaraday
Drum Beats
ObscureAllure
LoRab
sig
Vompatti
Wtf? Why? I have called out most of the names around me as suspected mafia, I've been screaming LoRab for days before anyone else, and I just came out and said I think your civvie?

Return to “Previous Jobs”