The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 274
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Re: Transistor [Day 2]

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

thellama73
Spoiler: show
thellama73 wrote:All right, I am here and caught. Right off the bat, I feel good about overly-enthusiastic MP. Seems like typical civ behavior from him. I also doubt Drumbeats would have proposed the voteswap if he were bad, so my voting choices are already narrowing down. Come on, other people, give me some more to work with.
He provided a couple quick stances, both positive for MP and DrumBeats. It's a minor point, but at least it appears he was playing loosely by the standards of someone with 6 posts.
thellama73 wrote:I also think JJJ might be mafia. Discuss.
I'd still like an explanation for this.
thellama73 wrote:I've seen too many good civs die because they wanted to be silly. I doubt that Zebra or Wilgy are planning anything nefarious.
He voiced his disinterest in the Zebra lynch. He missed the vote though.

~~~

Similarly to nutella, there's really not enough content to make a conclusive judgment.

------------------

reywaS / kneel4justice
kneel4justice wrote:Okay, so a lot of the things that I have opinions on transpired from or are related to that of Zebra. I understand that the vote for Matt and the mix-up on when the day ended was 'odd', but do I think it warranted any real suspicion? No. That being said, I am suspicious of people who tried to place Zebra in a negative light. I do not have much experience with Zebra but from my previous experience, I know this is a player who is very good at the game and I did not understand how people thought Zebra would be so obvious as mafia - so I think there was definitely some mafia pushing for this. Obviously not everyone can be.

One of the players who was suspicious of Zebra and in doing so caught my eye was DrumBeats. DrumBeats main reason for suspecting was due to the supposed slip when asking why "we" should trust Drumbeats in regards to the whole working with the mafia plan. I read that "we" as the town (and I read the counter-argument against that being that there would be no need to trust Drumbeats, but still felt it was very nit-picky to find "we" as a slip). I give Zebra was more credit than that. To think that that was a slip, I just cannot see it.
With that being said - there is one thing from DrumBeats that makes me hesitate and say this could be a town aligned player. I think the whole proposal to working with the mafia (while I don't agree with it) it would be something that would be sure to bring a lot of attention; something I am not sure a mafia would risk asking for.

Another player that had struck me odd with in joining the Zebra suspicion was DFaraday. Because as he said himself, the extent of the suspicion was because Zebra was acting "weird". Again, I find this problematic because, why would a mafia member have been acting this way? So obviously weird?
I think what makes matters worse was that this (correct me if I am wrong) came AFTER Matt had suggested the idea that Zebra had been somehow affected by the cheerleader poll option, which made perfect sense to explain Zebra's actions, yet that was nearly completely ignored. I am slightly confused on Matt - I really liked that he brought this up and tried to steer the lynch away from Zebra. There was just one comment, where he said that Zebra could have either been the Process or controlled by the Process. I did not follow the logic. Why would Epi create a game mechanic that forces a role who is a threat to both the mafia and civilians to post in a way that essentially exposes them? So that made me pause and think wait - maybe he just sees where the lynch is heading and kind of wants to clear himself in advance. Esp since his vote was already placed there. IDK I am very much up in the air about this, could go either way.

Now aside from Zebra, the other lynch candidate seemed to have been Eloh. First, I think the push for Zebra could have been to avoid an Eloh lynch, but then again it is possible both were civvies. However, I do think that Eloh has been acting suspiciously. The first problem I had was Eloh's suspicion of DrumBeats' comment about finding a loophole for self voting. It strikes me as a contradiction, because you have Eloh saying that her modding experience has showed her how unhelpful civvies can be and how they should put more effort into scum-hunting (which, I agree with BTW!). But it was kind of like she was recognizing that civvies are unfortunately unhelpful and do not act or say things that have the best interest of the town in them - but then, here she is suspecting someone for the loophole comment. It's contradicting, IMO. I've struggled with wanting to comment on players unhelpful styles before even though I don't necessarily see them as bad, so I get that but I do think this was a contradiction. Also there was mentioning of thinking Wilgy was cursed (I did not see that particular post? So if someone could direct me to that, that would be great) but she ignored the idea of Zebra being affected, which IMO was much more believable. Esp since Wilgy is kinda..crazy, already (and I mean that in a good way lol).

Not quite sure what to make of that Eloh/DrumBeats interaction though. Since I suspect both of them, the idea that Eloh would suspect DB for something right off the bat seems kind of unlikely. But I did notice DB trusted Eloh which I did not quite understand. So not sure what to make of their interaction in terms of if both/one/none are mafia.

Another thing that pinged me, but it isn't huge, just something I noticed was Illyria's post explaining that they didn't have a desk job, I get the need to inform players on that. That part was fine, but it was the added part saying I post a lot of OT and emoticons that made me wonder - wait, why are you explaining the way you play? Is it so down the road if people notice you aren't posting meat, you can kind of say - well I told you that is just the way I am. Now that is minor, and I don't recall much after that but it was something I had wondered about

I think that is all that I really was suspicious of. Some players who I am not used to playing with so their username does not really register with me faded in the background. I felt good about MP. I know he is capable of posting a lot when he is mafia but from what I could tell he is genuinely scum-hunting. I think for the most part I don't have solid opinions on anyone else yet, more so neutral.
This is quite a substantive post, and it came approximately one hour after his initial post after replacing in. That would seem to indicate that he spent real time reviewing this thread, taking notes, and coming up with content to provide. That's a nice look for a guy that just joined the game. I will challenge one point made here, the one I highlighted. I don't know that it makes sense to assert the Zebra wagoners were avoiding an Elohcin lynch, because the Elohcin counterwagon did not develop until the Zebra wagon had already reached its peak.

~~~

It's a nice start, but there's still too little to judge. Thanks for joining us, kneel4justice.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

*brain melts*

That'll be quite enough for now.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Elohcin »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Continuing the previous exercise:

Elohcin (4th vote)
Elohcin wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:I just finished watching Angel. I'm curious Illyria, is your name taken from the demon of the same name from that show?

Oops! I randomized and got Matt!
a2thezebra wrote:Sorry Matt!
a2thezebra wrote:Wait, wasn't the day supposed to end?
This tells me a few things. #1) You didn't read page one with the rules/roles/etc. #2) You didn't click on view results and see that no one else had voted yet before placing your randomized vote. #3) You most likely didn't read the thread before voting b/c if you had you would see we are not at EoD just from seeing the discussions on hand. #4) You don't care about helping civs to win this game. :eye:
Matt wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Wait, wasn't the day supposed to end?
Um what?

I'm gonna vote Zebra because if there's some kind of "Day ends early" shenanis, I'd like to try and counter that asap.

Wow Zeebs, really? :meany:
This doesn't help either, Matt. Just b/c someone votes you doesn't mean you have to get them back by voting them. Get them back by making an educated decision about who could be mafia, and vote them.

(Sorry for the long post, but there was a lot that went on while I was sleeping :D)
Elohcin wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:But how can we trust you?
Are you speaking for the baddies?
Elohcin wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:This has got to be the most confusing game I've ever played.
I'm sorry Zeebs, but this seems like such an act.
Elohcin wrote:You know, I am not going to be distracted by Matt's foolishness this game. I don;t think he is bad. I think he is just zany and his playstyle frustrates me.

My top suspect is Zebra and it is not only her overly confused behavior which seems forced and over the top. But it's also her comment about being able to trust DB in his plan to vote for an element if and only if the mafia takes out an element at night instead of a civilian. I believe her question, asking DB if she can trust him/the civs was a baddie slip.
Elohcin wrote:
DFaraday wrote:And no, I don't think Wilgy is being very helpful either, but he does this regardless of alignment. I don't recall Zebra ever behaving this way.
If I had to name the top zany people on this site (right now) it would be Matt, Wilgy, and Zebra.

But you are right in that Zebra is extra zany this game. I am going to go ahead and vote that way. ZEBRA
Elohcin wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Elohcin wrote:You know, I am not going to be distracted by Matt's foolishness this game. I don;t think he is bad. I think he is just zany and his playstyle frustrates me.

My top suspect is Zebra and it is not only her overly confused behavior which seems forced and over the top. But it's also her comment about being able to trust DB in his plan to vote for an element if and only if the mafia takes out an element at night instead of a civilian. I believe her question, asking DB if she can trust him/the civs was a baddie slip.
You've lost my slight town read. Why do you only consider zebra's question under the interpretation of a baddie slip?
B/c DB was talking about how we don;t have to trust mafia to carry out his plan. We just react to their kill. If they kill an element, we vote an element. If they kill a civ, we lynch a person who we think could be Mafia. He kept saying, we don;t have to trust mafia for this. And then Zebra asks (paraphrasing here), how do we know we can trust YOU? I read it as coming from a baddie speaking for the mafia. How can the mafia trust that the civs will vote an element instead of a supposed baddie if the mafia does kill an element. Does that make sense? This is my main reason for voting zebra.
The theme that "Zebra is zany and zany is bad" continues with Elohcin, and I remain uninspired. There are always people goofing around in Mafia games or being otherwise "zany" and they can come from any alignment. I need these voters to explain they felt Zebra's "zaniness" in this game was more indicative that it would generally be in your average randomly selected Mafia game. Beyond that, I've highlighted another comment made and pushed by Elohcin. She asserted that Zebra's "how can we trust you?" directed at DrumBeats was a baddie slip. I think this is a highly dubious assertion.

That'd be to say that Zebra literally forgot she was posting in the public game thread and asked a self-exposing question. It wouldn't be a "slip", it'd practically be a claim. I don't think brand new players would make that mistake, let alone an experienced player like Zebra. I struggle to believe Elohcin really buys this accusation.
My two reasons for voting Zebra were that she was acting overly confused (not zany) and that she asked DB if "we can trust you". You talk as if her zaniness was my main reason when the fact that she is zany played no part in my decision.
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Nerolunar
The Mark
Posts in topic: 39

Re: Transistor [Night 1]

Post by Nerolunar »

DrWilgy wrote:
Nerolunar wrote:If I know myself well, Im going to believe in a case made tomorrow and bandwagon. Thats how it usually is for me at this stage. Im not proud, just saying.
Hold the phone. Why is that a bad thing?

You are preemptively setting yourself up for failure, but only becaused you defined the action as failure. Why?
Because I struggle forming independent reads in the beginning of a game and it bugs me. I think it is a bad thing that I must rely on other player´s cases.

At least I am able to reflect on this, I guess.

Ugh I just need to be better at mafia. 7 losses in a row have made me a little sour.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 16

Post by dodo »

Target: a2thezebra

Processing...
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 73

Post by DrWilgy »

Cell! Talk to me bae
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

It has 389 posts for some reason.
ImageImage

Regardless, I think Nero should be lynched on grounds that he's my partner, your partner, Enrique's partner, the Joker, the Riddler, the Gingerbread Man, and Toto.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 29
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Nerolunar wrote:It has 389 posts for some reason.
It's a recycled sock
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

DrWilgy wrote:Cell! Talk to me bae
Scans DrWilgy

Results: Not a doctor.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Cell wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:Cell! Talk to me bae
Scans DrWilgy

Results: Not a doctor.
The following people are probably too new to The Syndicate to be familiar with this joke (correct me if I'm wrong):

agleaminranks
DrumBeats
Illyria
kneel4justice

Less likely to be the Process.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Actually it appears the three not named DrumBeats have been around a long time; they must have returned from a lengthy hiatus. Not sure how old that joke is.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Quote JaggedJimmyJay
The following people are probably too new to The Syndicate to be familiar with this joke (correct me if I'm wrong):

agleaminranks
DrumBeats
Illyria
kneel4justice

Less likely to be the Process.
How does our scan of DrWilgy correlate with who the Process is? You'd have to be under the assumption that we are the Process, and that assumption would be incorrect.

Scans JaggedJimmyJay

Results: Inconclusive.
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Cell, information request: last entry who are you reffering to as "we".
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Matt »

Hi thread! So I'm about 4 or 5 pages behind, and I'm still doing a catch up in another game, so I'll probably be back tonight with thoughts.

Feeling a little conflicted, but overall, I think Elo's still our best bet for next day.

Peace
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Elohcin wrote:My two reasons for voting Zebra were that she was acting overly confused (not zany) and that she asked DB if "we can trust you". You talk as if her zaniness was my main reason when the fact that she is zany played no part in my decision.
The second-last post I included in that spoiler suggests otherwise:
Elohcin wrote:
DFaraday wrote:And no, I don't think Wilgy is being very helpful either, but he does this regardless of alignment. I don't recall Zebra ever behaving this way.
If I had to name the top zany people on this site (right now) it would be Matt, Wilgy, and Zebra.

But you are right in that Zebra is extra zany this game. I am going to go ahead and vote that way. ZEBRA
I also stated why I harbor doubts about your response to Zebra's "can we trust you" comment. I think calling that a "slip" is a big reach and I struggle to believe the accusation was sincere.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 79

Re: Transistor [Night 0]

Post by Epignosis »

An Unexpected Return

This is a general announcement that, in pursuant to a previously disseminated memorandum, MacDougall is replacing Illyria. A survey has gone out to the population that will gauge the popularity of his return. Results are expected next week.

Total replacements: 2

Comment? >_
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Yeaaaah!!! Macdougall!

Despite my excitement, he'll probably form an allliance with Elo to P-lynch me. :workit:
Image Image Image Image
DrWilgy

Post by DrWilgy »

Amusing.
Image Image Image
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 75

Re: Transistor [Day 1]

Post by DrumBeats »

DrumBeats wrote:
nutella wrote:OK, I'm back from graduating!! :D and caught up.

Zebra, I have no idea how you got so confused but it's pretty weird that you voted without even looking at the poll time.

Matt's inexplicable naming of Niju as the Process is perplexing and his refusal to explain it is even more so. Matt tends to be zany but I'm keeping an eye on him for this strange behavior.

I think that Drum's alliance proposition is probably a terrible idea and might have nefarious motivations. The Process is just one role/player, so even with its many powers it probably won't be impossible to get rid of, while the Camerata team is a significant threat and more in number for us to take down. I find Drum quite suspicious for the proposal and I also find Elo suspicious for expressing interest in it and then sort of covering her tracks -- although I believe that she wasn't outright agreeing to the plan in the first place but considering it as an option, but it's still kind of surprising that she jumped on it without acknowledging its suspicious nature.

There's still a whole day but it's looking likely I'll want to vote for either Drum or Elo.

linki @ Drum: huh, I don't really understand, you think the mafia can target specific elements? if they can, will we be told a process element has been eliminated? :shrug2: This all seems pretty speculative, and regardless I largely agree with niju that any degree of alliance/trusting the mafia is too risky especially in such a small game.

Aaaand there's a Cell sock account :eek:
What nefarious intentions could the plan have? Elaborate. Look at the plan which, since the very beginning, was that we lynch a Process tomorrow if and only if the mafia kills one tonight. Tell me what nefarious intentions back up this scum read.
Nutella, now that you're back I need you to answer this.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Aw bye Illy, sad to see you go. Welcome Mac.

Drum: I admit I didn't fully understand your plan at first. But I still think it's somewhat dangerous to focus on lynching the one rogue rather than the mafia, and we don't even fully understand how targeting elements of the Process works. It just seems like a waste of lynch opportunities to me -- perhaps it would weaken the Process but at the cost of keeping the mafia alive.
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

Has anyone else been having on/off trouble accessing this site? I've tried different browsers, clearing my internet history, etc. Nothing seems to be working & I'm not having this problem with any other websites.
nijuukyugou
Tentacled Henchman
Posts in topic: 54
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers/herself

Post by nijuukyugou »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:nijuukyugou
nijuukyugou wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Wait how is it STILL Day 1?
How are you still confused by the mechanics? What's going on with you, zeebs? This is weird as shit.

Linki @ DrumBeats - Your plan, however, at its core, is to trust mafia to any extent, which is not viable. They already have a large team for a speed game with only 17 players. Again, part of the theory works, and I agree we need to keep a hell of an eye on the Process and prevent what we can, but trusting mafia to help civs is not gonna work for a civ win.
This is snipped from a larger post. She asserted that Zebra's behavior was "weird as shit", but didn't make a definitive accusation. I'll follow the progression.

Her comment @DrumBeats strikes me as a misconstruing of what he was proposing. This came after he reiterated/restated his idea to emphasize that it required no actual trust of the baddie team (because it required them to make the first move). I'm not sure what trust nijuu was suggesting had to exist for this plan to function. I don't know whether that means anything, but it's something nijuu can talk about and perhaps that'll substantiate any resulting read.
Argh. Now I understand how DrumBeats felt. I didn't misconstrue what he proposed, at least as far as I know. I know the plan was contingent upon the mafia acting first in civilian favor. I reiterate that even if this happened, it STILL requires trust in the mafia to do the back and forth, and for us to be on their side by lynching an element. They would still have to comply in lynching the element with us, too. But I suppose now that I think about it, it would be hard to hide if you chose not to vote along as an "agreement." Still, it's too risky, their team is too big, and there are too many unknowns at this point, especially at the point that the plan was proposed. Does that make sense? I don't blame him or think he's bad for suggesting the plan; I just don't think it's a good idea.

I'll post more substantially later tonight or tomorrow, but I did want to respond to that first.

Linki - The site's been kinda funky lately, at least for me, and I think others, as well, but tonight it's cooperating :)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 56

Post by MacDougall »

Hello you cretins. I am on your side.
kneel4justice
Drug Dealer

Post by kneel4justice »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
reywaS / kneel4justice
kneel4justice wrote:Okay, so a lot of the things that I have opinions on transpired from or are related to that of Zebra. I understand that the vote for Matt and the mix-up on when the day ended was 'odd', but do I think it warranted any real suspicion? No. That being said, I am suspicious of people who tried to place Zebra in a negative light. I do not have much experience with Zebra but from my previous experience, I know this is a player who is very good at the game and I did not understand how people thought Zebra would be so obvious as mafia - so I think there was definitely some mafia pushing for this. Obviously not everyone can be.

One of the players who was suspicious of Zebra and in doing so caught my eye was DrumBeats. DrumBeats main reason for suspecting was due to the supposed slip when asking why "we" should trust Drumbeats in regards to the whole working with the mafia plan. I read that "we" as the town (and I read the counter-argument against that being that there would be no need to trust Drumbeats, but still felt it was very nit-picky to find "we" as a slip). I give Zebra was more credit than that. To think that that was a slip, I just cannot see it.
With that being said - there is one thing from DrumBeats that makes me hesitate and say this could be a town aligned player. I think the whole proposal to working with the mafia (while I don't agree with it) it would be something that would be sure to bring a lot of attention; something I am not sure a mafia would risk asking for.

Another player that had struck me odd with in joining the Zebra suspicion was DFaraday. Because as he said himself, the extent of the suspicion was because Zebra was acting "weird". Again, I find this problematic because, why would a mafia member have been acting this way? So obviously weird?
I think what makes matters worse was that this (correct me if I am wrong) came AFTER Matt had suggested the idea that Zebra had been somehow affected by the cheerleader poll option, which made perfect sense to explain Zebra's actions, yet that was nearly completely ignored. I am slightly confused on Matt - I really liked that he brought this up and tried to steer the lynch away from Zebra. There was just one comment, where he said that Zebra could have either been the Process or controlled by the Process. I did not follow the logic. Why would Epi create a game mechanic that forces a role who is a threat to both the mafia and civilians to post in a way that essentially exposes them? So that made me pause and think wait - maybe he just sees where the lynch is heading and kind of wants to clear himself in advance. Esp since his vote was already placed there. IDK I am very much up in the air about this, could go either way.

Now aside from Zebra, the other lynch candidate seemed to have been Eloh. First, I think the push for Zebra could have been to avoid an Eloh lynch, but then again it is possible both were civvies. However, I do think that Eloh has been acting suspiciously. The first problem I had was Eloh's suspicion of DrumBeats' comment about finding a loophole for self voting. It strikes me as a contradiction, because you have Eloh saying that her modding experience has showed her how unhelpful civvies can be and how they should put more effort into scum-hunting (which, I agree with BTW!). But it was kind of like she was recognizing that civvies are unfortunately unhelpful and do not act or say things that have the best interest of the town in them - but then, here she is suspecting someone for the loophole comment. It's contradicting, IMO. I've struggled with wanting to comment on players unhelpful styles before even though I don't necessarily see them as bad, so I get that but I do think this was a contradiction. Also there was mentioning of thinking Wilgy was cursed (I did not see that particular post? So if someone could direct me to that, that would be great) but she ignored the idea of Zebra being affected, which IMO was much more believable. Esp since Wilgy is kinda..crazy, already (and I mean that in a good way lol).

Not quite sure what to make of that Eloh/DrumBeats interaction though. Since I suspect both of them, the idea that Eloh would suspect DB for something right off the bat seems kind of unlikely. But I did notice DB trusted Eloh which I did not quite understand. So not sure what to make of their interaction in terms of if both/one/none are mafia.

Another thing that pinged me, but it isn't huge, just something I noticed was Illyria's post explaining that they didn't have a desk job, I get the need to inform players on that. That part was fine, but it was the added part saying I post a lot of OT and emoticons that made me wonder - wait, why are you explaining the way you play? Is it so down the road if people notice you aren't posting meat, you can kind of say - well I told you that is just the way I am. Now that is minor, and I don't recall much after that but it was something I had wondered about

I think that is all that I really was suspicious of. Some players who I am not used to playing with so their username does not really register with me faded in the background. I felt good about MP. I know he is capable of posting a lot when he is mafia but from what I could tell he is genuinely scum-hunting. I think for the most part I don't have solid opinions on anyone else yet, more so neutral.
This is quite a substantive post, and it came approximately one hour after his initial post after replacing in. That would seem to indicate that he spent real time reviewing this thread, taking notes, and coming up with content to provide. That's a nice look for a guy that just joined the game. I will challenge one point made here, the one I highlighted. I don't know that it makes sense to assert the Zebra wagoners were avoiding an Elohcin lynch, because the Elohcin counterwagon did not develop until the Zebra wagon had already reached its peak.

~~~

It's a nice start, but there's still too little to judge. Thanks for joining us, kneel4justice.
See, when I had been reading the thread, I was initially suspicious of Eloh but it got to the point where quite a few people had been voicing suspicions on her (as far as I can remember this was before Zebra had really gained any attention) and it seemed the lynch was headed that way. I was wondering if I were actually wrong in my suspicion and the mafia was trying to push for her lynch. So when I suddenly saw things going towards Zebra, I felt like perhaps it had been because the mafia needed to find a second option to push for in order to avoid an Eloh lynch and I had actually been right at first. Then there is the possibility that they are both good and the mafia just did not want to all bandwagon on the same player. So, it is up in the air but I do stand by the possibility that the mafia was avoiding an Eloh lynch because she is their team member.

Linki Niju - Okay, thanks! :) I was wondering since no one else seemed to have mentioned it! Nice to know it isn't just me.
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Young Lady »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:*brain melts*

Oh no, ones brain shouldn't melt.

This Young Lady believes the process should be eliminated, but to trust the mafia would be unwise.
Supervisor
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 3
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Hullo Macdingus.

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Mafia: Image Image Image Image
Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 40

Post by Elohcin »

Matt wrote:Yeaaaah!!! Macdougall!

Despite my excitement, he'll probably form an allliance with Elo to P-lynch me. :workit:
Ooo, what a good idea! What do you say Mac?
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

He does seem bad tbh
thellama73
Supatown
Posts in topic: 46

Post by thellama73 »

JJJ has done nothing to ameliorate my distrust in him. It started off as a hunch, but doing ISOs on every single player on Day 2 is trying way too hard to appear helpful. I don't buy it, good sirs. I don't buy it one bit.
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

I don't want to live in that universe.
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I'm glad McDougall is here. He can usually see through the nonsense. The Cell reads JJJ as inconclusive. Is that not suspicious to anyone else?
Epignosis wrote:If llama is good, it means we exist in a universe in which multitasking llama can call out the first of two mafia while simultaneously calling out two civilians.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

Who are you going to vote for, McDougall? I'll vote however you do.

MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I have yet to scratch my taint and I have someone asking me who I will vote for.

At face value I agree with your sentiment though. ISOing everyone on day 2 is usually lame.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

nutella wrote:Aw bye Illy, sad to see you go. Welcome Mac.

Drum: I admit I didn't fully understand your plan at first. But I still think it's somewhat dangerous to focus on lynching the one rogue rather than the mafia, and we don't even fully understand how targeting elements of the Process works. It just seems like a waste of lynch opportunities to me -- perhaps it would weaken the Process but at the cost of keeping the mafia alive.
Gotcha, thanks for the answer of there was no malicious intent possible. It was an opportunistic suspicion that you thought you could bank on without actually having a base for it.

Current "vote": Nutella

Fabricating a scumread for malicious intent that you cannot back up or provide makes the read feel forced and opportunistic.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

nijuukyugou wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:
How are you still confused by the mechanics? What's going on with you, zeebs? This is weird as shit.

Linki @ DrumBeats - Your plan, however, at its core, is to trust mafia to any extent, which is not viable. They already have a large team for a speed game with only 17 players. Again, part of the theory works, and I agree we need to keep a hell of an eye on the Process and prevent what we can, but trusting mafia to help civs is not gonna work for a civ win.
This is snipped from a larger post. She asserted that Zebra's behavior was "weird as shit", but didn't make a definitive accusation. I'll follow the progression.

Her comment @DrumBeats strikes me as a misconstruing of what he was proposing. This came after he reiterated/restated his idea to emphasize that it required no actual trust of the baddie team (because it required them to make the first move). I'm not sure what trust nijuu was suggesting had to exist for this plan to function. I don't know whether that means anything, but it's something nijuu can talk about and perhaps that'll substantiate any resulting read.
Argh. Now I understand how DrumBeats felt. I didn't misconstrue what he proposed, at least as far as I know. I know the plan was contingent upon the mafia acting first in civilian favor. I reiterate that even if this happened, it STILL requires trust in the mafia to do the back and forth, and for us to be on their side by lynching an element. They would still have to comply in lynching the element with us, too. But I suppose now that I think about it, it would be hard to hide if you chose not to vote along as an "agreement." Still, it's too risky, their team is too big, and there are too many unknowns at this point, especially at the point that the plan was proposed. Does that make sense? I don't blame him or think he's bad for suggesting the plan; I just don't think it's a good idea.

I'll post more substantially later tonight or tomorrow, but I did want to respond to that first.

Linki - The site's been kinda funky lately, at least for me, and I think others, as well, but tonight it's cooperating :)
Nope, you don't know how I felt because you didn't have literally the whole thread misconstrue and not actually read what you were saying. I will say it again though, no trust is needed. It doesn't even have to be a back and forth with the mafia, I'm just proposing a 1:1 trade with them. They kill an element instead of us, we lynch one. Easy and harmless for us, and it hurts the Process.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

thellama73 wrote:I'm glad McDougall is here. He can usually see through the nonsense. The Cell reads JJJ as inconclusive. Is that not suspicious to anyone else?
Think you're grasping at straws there. There are barrels of WIFOM behind anything the Process posts, anything they say about people are inconclusive honestly. You grasping onto that makes me wonder if you're scum or mafia trying to take an easy shot.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

thellama73 wrote:JJJ has done nothing to ameliorate my distrust in him. It started off as a hunch, but doing ISOs on every single player on Day 2 is trying way too hard to appear helpful. I don't buy it, good sirs. I don't buy it one bit.
I don't see how this can be a sincere accusation from anyone who has played forum Mafia with me before. We can debate the value of the ISOs I did and the conclusions I drew from them, but that's not what you've done. You've suggested my desire is to appear helpful without determining whether the content is question was helpful. I can't imagine you have a better way to find baddies on Day 2; you certainly haven't shown it if you do.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

thellama73 wrote:I'm glad McDougall is here. He can usually see through the nonsense. The Cell reads JJJ as inconclusive. Is that not suspicious to anyone else?
What exactly do you think the implications might be of the Cell calling me "inconclusive". What does that mean to you?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

nijuukyugou wrote:
nijuukyugou wrote:

I don't necessarily disagree with the general sentiment of uneasiness about the idea. It's hard to be comfortable with any kind of "bargain" with the baddies by default. We're posed with a scenario though that demands a mindset broader than just "find and lynch baddies". If we don't make a conscious effort to remove Process elements, then we're relying on being able to remove the Process purely by lynching that player -- something that strikes me as a worrisome assumption. I have no idea what protections that role might include, but the presence and lynchability of these elements must be relevant somehow.

It's speculative I readily admit. I'll leave you to your own hunting work, but I do think we need to remain conscious of this situation. I'm continually reminded of Turf Wars where the two town factions screwed each other over inadvertently by focusing entirely on baddie hunting despite that only being part of their win condition.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Mac, once you've caught up it'd be groovy to get your perspective of the development and progression of the Day 1 lynch. That's been a focal point of Day 2 discussion for some of us at least and it probably represents the most charged and readable portion of this game -- particularly from Matt's Zebra vote onward.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Young Lady wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:*brain melts*

Oh no, ones brain shouldn't melt.

This Young Lady believes the process should be eliminated, but to trust the mafia would be unwise.
Scans Young Lady

Results: Young Lady should not be trusted.

We believe Cell Day One and Cell Day Two are the only socks that side with humanity. If there is a Cell Day Three, do not trust it.
dodo
Sockpuppet Account

Post by dodo »

Vote Selection: Young Lady

We believe a Young Lady lynch will yield favorable results.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

DrumBeats wrote:
nutella wrote:Aw bye Illy, sad to see you go. Welcome Mac.

Gotcha, thanks for the answer of there was no malicious intent possible. It was an opportunistic suspicion that you thought you could bank on without actually having a base for it.

Current "vote": Nutella

Fabricating a scumread for malicious intent that you cannot back up or provide makes the read feel forced and opportunistic.
What are you talking about? Of course there could be malicious intent in steering the lynches away from the mafia. I said that it would be dangerous, and it was a reasonable at the time to think you might have intentions of keeping the mafia alive. And it still could be, but again I don't really suspect you as much anymore; that doesn't mean my original suspicion was unfounded or opportunistic. It may have been exaggerated by a misunderstanding of your plan but it was still legitimate and can still apply to the clarified plan.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Cell wrote:Vote Selection: Young Lady

Are the socks controlled my multiple players or is one person trolling us? What is happening?
ImageImage

Nerolunar
The Mark

Post by Nerolunar »

Im randomly picking exams today, wish me luck!

Aaaand Im a little detached with this game. My contribution is in the low end - I think I just need to find my ground again.
ImageImage

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

All caught up now. RIP sig

Elo is still my number one suspect, and I can't see myself voting elsewhere this phase.
Nerolunar wrote:

Are the socks controlled my multiple players or is one person trolling us? What is happening?
Lol, I got a kick out of one element voting for the other, but as someone else said (Drum?) this is just WIFOM central and I wouldn't trust anything any of them say. I'm pretty much going to pretend they don't exist.

@DF - I remember the carefree, random voting, Day 1 days. Rarely randomed anyway but yeah things were a lot more relaxed back then! However, there is a key difference between then and now I'd say. Back in the day, a Day 1 would consist of what, 3 - 5 pages if that? Nowadays, we're at a dozen pages before Day 1 even begins if there is a Day 0, and it just gets crazier from there. So much more content to pick from, so I don't think comparing "the good old days" to now is really fair in relation to "who cares if my Day 1 vote was shitty?"

Deeeerp
Image Image Image Image
thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
What exactly do you think the implications might be of the Cell calling me "inconclusive". What does that mean to you?
The Cell is certainly not going to say "X player is bad", so I think an inconclusive read looks fishy.

Regarding your ISOs, I just think they have little value so early in the game. I don't really see the point of doing so many of them. Later, absolutely, but this early feels fake to me.

thellama73
Supatown

Post by thellama73 »

I am fairly willing to trust the Cell and vote young lady today, though, if others agree.

DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 43

Post by DFaraday »

thellama73 wrote:I am fairly willing to trust the Cell and vote young lady today, though, if others agree.
Why?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 43

Re: Transistor [Day 1]

Post by DFaraday »

So in trying to review the Zebra voters, I went over Illy first, and just a couple of things stood out in her handful of posts.
Illyria wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:No one died on Night 1? :omg:

I don't understand why a number of people are suspecting me. I'll probably vote for DrumBeats today.
Drum, and you think I am skimming? :goofp:
a2thezebra wrote:Whoa, this is coming out of nowhere!
No.. no it isn't.

I don't know you, so I can't speak to your playstyle but when several people whom I DO know are saying this is not normal, which is matching what my gut is telling me, I am going to listen.

I am reading every post, but the real crux is that I don't understand what is going with the game mechanics itself-- I am still not wanting to run w/Drum's plan (too risky) though at least I understand what you are saying better now than I did when you first posted it.

Matt, I think you and Elo have very different playstyles which can be problematic. I am reminded that you and I do as well, and you were like a damn dog with a bone decrying I was bad for what.. Four Mafia days?? I was not. I do not trust your instincts. So I am not following an Elo vote.

My list of who I suspect right now is not all that clear. So I am going to do a rainbow list like y'all like. In dark colors though, y'all are KILLING my old eyeballs with these neon and bright colors. :sigh:

Maybe Good:
MP
Matt

No Idea:
Elo
JJJ
Drum
LA
llama
Rey
sig
niju
nero
DF
AATB
agle

Maybe Bad:
Dr Wilgy
Zebra

LA, congrats that is amazing. I am so proud of you! :hugs:
Here she expresses her confusion with what's going on in the game, which she did repeatedly. It almost felt like she was relying on "I'm confused about what's happening" to avoid weighing in too much. Examples:
Illyria wrote:Whoo hoo! Game!

I am already confused y'all. This might be worse than Dom's Pokemon game which about scarred me for life.
Illyria wrote: I am so glad you and LA are here to suss this stuff out.
Illyria wrote: I wish I understood the lingo better. Does Badcell mean Bad as in Evil and Anti Town or something else? It would inform my decisions. :sigh:
She does firmly defend Elo though, whatever that may indicate.

Illy also puts Wilgy in her bad category, even though she doesn't actually suspect him for anything:
Illyria wrote:*sigh*
:sigh:

Dr Wilgy, I get that you are "zany", but your playstyle is making me want to vote for you.

But I am voting for zebra, I have to go to work and will be at work until 1 am tonight so I am voting now. Their confuzzled demeanor seems fake, and over the top.

Votes Zebra
She didn't mention anything about Sig, which makes her look a bit better in my eyes, but overall I don't have a great feeling about her. Next I'll review Nero.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Young Lady
Sockpuppet Account
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Young Lady »

This Young Lady believes the Cell is a minion of the Process and seeks to aid in its victory.

This Young Lady mistrusts the four legged mammal for following the wicked creature known as the cell in an attempt to destroy the lady.
Supervisor

Return to “Previous Side Missions”