[END] Bioshock Mafia

Moderator: Community Team

You and Bioshock: Which have you played and would you be interested in my upcoming sequel?

Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
43%
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Both Bioshock and Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Bioshock but not Bioshock Infinite - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would be very interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game - Sign me up now!!
14%
I have played neither - I would be somewhat interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
7%
I have played neither - I am not sure if I would be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
I have played neither - I would not at all be interested in a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
No votes
Sockface only - Of course I have played both and am interested, and I will be hosting a Bioshock Infinite mafia game.
21%

Total votes: 14
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 91

Re: [DAY 9] Bioshock Mafia

Post by Dom »

Nev said, "other" last man standing folks.

As if he is one...
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Flyin' High »

Dom wrote:Nev said, "other" last man standing folks.

As if he is one...
Ah, good catch. The first time I read Nev's post I didn't even notice that particular wording.

Nevinera wrote:I'm not sure what you think is a slip-up.
Drawing attention to myself probably was?

It hardly matters though, you don't need to convince the civs to vote for me,
you need to convince the other LMS folks to do so.
I'm not just a civ, I'm seriously no threat to anyone now.
All I've got is data, and its pretty useless data after last night.
I can tell you the roles of three of the dead folks, and I can point out two individuals as members of Ryan's army,
But since there is effectively no longer an alliance of civs trying to lynch the baddie threat
(instead, there is a mob of LMS players trying to lynch the ones most likely to kill them),
None of my info is remotely useful.
I'll admit I'm feeling at a loss today on who to look at. My main suspects died in the night so like many I feel like I am back at square one.
ImageImage

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 115

Post by Nevinera »

As if he is one...
No, I said it as if *you* were one. Because the odds of that are good.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

I sounds like a few of you intend to lynch me anyway.

Tell you what, lynch hedge first - she's probably fairly dangerous by now.
Then if you still feel I'm bad lynch me tomorrow, eh?
Flyin' High
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 65

Post by Flyin' High »

Nevinera wrote:I sounds like a few of you intend to lynch me anyway.

For what it's worth I'm not jumping to lynch you just yet. And your clarification makes sense because I can see it being read both ways.

Your Hedge comment is certainly noteworthy. Is there anything more you can say to support that statement? I can't remember if Hedgeowl has been on anyone's radars thus far. I will be very busy for most of today but hopefully this evening before the lynch ends I'll have some time to read back through Hedge's posts.
ImageImage

Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 91

Post by Dom »

"lynch hedge instead"
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Hedgeowl »

Nevinera wrote:

As if he is one...
No, I said it as if *you* were one. Because the odds of that are good.
Nevinera wrote:I sounds like a few of you intend to lynch me anyway.

So now Dom and I are suspicious because we question you? Isn't that how this works. If you say you have information arent we at least supposed to ask the how, why part rather than just believing you right off.

Also, no one actually said you were their lynch target yet. In fact Mata was the only one declaring her intentions so directly and those were for spaghetti. (Remembering Mata's early arguments about spaghettis playstyle in a previous game being similar is worth considering.) Lashing out and targeting others seems a bit strange when no has even voted yet or declared intentions of voting for you.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 85

Post by AceofSpaces »

As an aside, I've noticed a lot of people freaking out over the night situation. Don't. We had one bad night, that is it. The highest base rate one of those last man standing roles has is 40%. And the two big daddies can't kill again for at least two nights. If we keep our heads, we can still pull this off. Positive thinking trumps math every time.

Back to business, does no one else find it odd how Kate wanted us to form a "civie alliance"? Why don't we just paint big red targets on our foreheads too, and hang signs around our necks that read "Come get some"? Seriously, that is a pretty sketchy thing to suggest.

Nevinera is acting like he needs to get lynched too. We've been through the whole "don't lynch me, I can help" show before, from Fontaine. There is absolutely no reason to keep him alive. Especially considering he is only offering this helpful advice once his own life is in danger.
>SpaghettiEverywhere
Stool Pigeon
Posts in topic: 20

Post by >SpaghettiEverywhere »

Matahari wrote:
>SpaghettiEverywhere wrote:
Matahari wrote:I'm here Dom. Not sure why you would forget that I was playing, even with rl issues the last couple days, I've been more active than some. Especially spaghetti. I no longer trust quiet spaghetti and he is probably going to get my vote today, barring a confession from someone.
Uhhhh... what? Would you please care to explain why?
Sure, be glad to. You've been very blendy. You mentioned suspicions of Aces. But you haven't followed up on this, why not? He has almost dropped off the radar.

You were also suspicious of Dom, but again, you haven't followed up.

You voted dex for his odd style but dismissed vomps for his odd style. Why?

Are you still suspicious of aces and Dom, and why or why not?
You people throw the word "blendy" around like it's candy.
There was quality discussion of bea and indi and whoever else going on at the time. Why bust in and throw in more of what I already said? I explained it all before when I said I was suspicious of them. I am still suspicious of Aces for reasons previously stated (going after agleaminranks for his play style, etc.) And I said I was suspicious of Dom because he was making a lot of long posts that seemed like they had some substance to it, but actually he was just restating what had been said a bunch of times before, and had basically no input in any of his posts. I have since seen an improvement in the quality of his posts and he is no longer on the top of my suspect list. And no, I did not vote dex because of his odd style for the same reason I dismiss vomps for his odd style. I do not vote based on play style alone, everyone plays differently. Those two can be a bit eccentric in their ways but that by no means makes it a reason to vote for either of them. The reason I voted for dex was because he was here, posting, but not contributing anything at all to the game. When someone posts things like "I saw a bandwagon forming so I jumped on it" with no rhyme or reason as to what allegiance that person actually is, then that person is causing more hurt than help, and in my opinion, shouldn't be alive in the game anymore. Happy?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 55

Post by Spacedaisy »

I see you said you wanted to hear from me, Dom. I apologize for my falling quiet after Bea's lynch. I have been busy between work and life in general. Yesterday I was out of town for almost all day for my nephew's first birthday party. I don't really know who I suspect at this moment because Bea was my last strong feeling either way. Then the last man standing crap started and now I feel a bit like I could swing a cat by it's tail and probably hit someone who would potentially have a kill at this point. I saw what you said about Nev, but I could also read it the way he explained what he was saying so I'm not sure it means anything. Either way I would bet if he isn't lynched someone will kill him tonight after a comment like that which could possibly be read as a slip up. Given his info he seems to have I am more inclined to believe hm at the moment and maybe toss a vote on hedgeowl. I have a bit of time to decide before I have to go to work though,so I want to think on it.

Linki: Aces, what role are you thinking Nev might be?
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Hedgeowl wrote: So now Dom and I are suspicious because we question you? Isn't that how this works. If you say you have information arent we at least supposed to ask the how, why part rather than just believing you right off.

Also, no one actually said you were their lynch target yet. In fact Mata was the only one declaring her intentions so directly and those were for spaghetti. (Remembering Mata's early arguments about spaghettis playstyle in a previous game being similar is worth considering.) Lashing out and targeting others seems a bit strange when no has even voted yet or declared intentions of voting for you.
Oh I don't thnk dom is suspicious, I just think that most of the people still surviving are LMS.
I have no info about him.
I also don't think you are suspicious hedge.
When i know exactly who you are, it's not "suspicion".

Feel free to question me - I'm not retaliating at you, yours is just the only
role I know about that most people will agree is bad.
I'm short on bargaining chips, sorry.

Aces: I'm not sure I follow your point.
The fact that I didn't offer any help until I threatened does mean I'm bad, just that I want to win -
There's no team victory in this game, and I have to be alive at the end.
I have been fairly clear about the tactical reasons for that behavior,
But I'd be happy to further explain if anyone doesn't follow the reasoning.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Incidentally, if I do die today anyway, pay attention to the people who lead that charge.
They are the ones that are afraid they'll be exposed, and want me gone before I can do it.

Most of them needn't worry though, I don't have a lot more to offer after hedge :-/
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Voted hedge, obviously.
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

Spacedaisy wrote:I see you said you wanted to hear from me, Dom. I apologize for my falling quiet after Bea's lynch. I have been busy between work and life in general. Yesterday I was out of town for almost all day for my nephew's first birthday party. I don't really know who I suspect at this moment because Bea was my last strong feeling either way. Then the last man standing crap started and now I feel a bit like I could swing a cat by it's tail and probably hit someone who would potentially have a kill at this point. I saw what you said about Nev, but I could also read it the way he explained what he was saying so I'm not sure it means anything. Either way I would bet if he isn't lynched someone will kill him tonight after a comment like that which could possibly be read as a slip up. Given his info he seems to have I am more inclined to believe hm at the moment and maybe toss a vote on hedgeowl. I have a bit of time to decide before I have to go to work though,so I want to think on it.

I don't know who he is, but I don't like it when people try to barter for lynches. It comes across as desperate and I don't trust it. Like I said, the last person to do that ended up being Fontaine. Also, if Nev really has information that could help the civie's he should have shared it sooner.

After rereading some things I now know who is *hinting* at though. Not sure I believe it, but at least I see it now.

@Nev, nice scare tactic's bro.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Spacedaisy wrote:I see you said you wanted to hear from me, Dom. I apologize for my falling quiet after Bea's lynch. I have been busy between work and life in general. Yesterday I was out of town for almost all day for my nephew's first birthday party. I don't really know who I suspect at this moment because Bea was my last strong feeling either way. Then the last man standing crap started and now I feel a bit like I could swing a cat by it's tail and probably hit someone who would potentially have a kill at this point. I saw what you said about Nev, but I could also read it the way he explained what he was saying so I'm not sure it means anything. Either way I would bet if he isn't lynched someone will kill him tonight after a comment like that which could possibly be read as a slip up. Given his info he seems to have I am more inclined to believe hm at the moment and maybe toss a vote on hedgeowl. I have a bit of time to decide before I have to go to work though,so I want to think on it.

you want to vote for me just because someone else says so with no evidence? nEv started throwing my name out there only once I started questioning him which I find really odd. I would definitely reconsider your thinking on me, but can't tell you how to vote since we are all shooting a bit blind to protect ourselves. I am not sure myself how I will vote today, but neV has been drawing my attention the most clearly.

I'd also like to hear from some other helpful contributors so far like devin, epi, and mongoose? Any thoughts today?

Linki- really nev? Why are you voting so early? I am pretty surprised by this.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

AceofSpaces wrote:

I don't know who he is, but I don't like it when people try to barter for lynches. It comes across as desperate and I don't trust it. Like I said, the last person to do that ended up being Fontaine. Also, if Nev really has information that could help the civie's he should have shared it sooner.

After rereading some things I now know who is *hinting* at though. Not sure I believe it, but at least I see it now.

@Nev, nice scare tactic's bro.
The best scare tactics are also the truth.

I'm not 'bartering for lynches', I'm offering proof for my claims. Unusual, I know.
I wish could prove them with requiring you to lynch someone first, because that would be way safer for me,
But I don't see a way to do that.

I'm not surprised I "come across as desperate", I kind of am.

Linki:
You're surprised hedge? Really?
Who else am ging to vote for, right after I hitch my fate to your lynch?

People who are not hedge - seriously, you should vote for me if you aren't pleased by the result of lynching hedge.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

Nev is reading as genuine to me and we think we know he is, I think we should keep him around as long as we can.

Aces, an alliance is not a horrible idea. We all have targets on our back at this point and those who refuse to vote with the "civs" may show who is not one. After what happened last night we are all likely to get attacked to it anyway. Might as well give it our best shot while we have a chance to.

I'm inclined to trust nev.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
Boomslang
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 35

Post by Boomslang »

My apologies for not contributing this weekend, folks; I've been at the Bunbury Music Festival in Cincy, and this will also prevent me from waiting around to vote this afternoon. Right now, I'm most suspicious of Nev for vaguely threatening remarks, so I'm casting a vote that way.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Kate wrote:Nev is reading as genuine to me and we think we know he is, I think we should keep him around as long as we can.

Aces, an alliance is not a horrible idea. We all have targets on our back at this point and those who refuse to vote with the "civs" may show who is not one. After what happened last night we are all likely to get attacked to it anyway. Might as well give it our best shot while we have a chance to.

Do you think he is who I thought, an independent , or someone else he was suggesting, cause based on his comment to me to reread the roles, I assumed he was saying I was wrong. What alliance do you nev is? If its more like Dom interpreted that Nev is a lms role, than I would think it in our interest to lynch those roles too since they are the ones running around killing at night. Thank you for pointing out Ace that not every night will be like last night. I'll try to remember that later as Night descends :offtobed:
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Boomslang wrote:My apologies for not contributing this weekend, folks; I've been at the Bunbury Music Festival in Cincy, and this will also prevent me from waiting around to vote this afternoon. Right now, I'm most suspicious of Nev for vaguely threatening remarks, so I'm casting a vote that way.
I don't find that surprising at all.

Linki hedge:

Yeah, keep trying to ride that cart.
"I'm one of you! Nev is just trying to lynch me because I questioned him!"
My behavior would not make any sense at all were that the case.
I'd be immediately revealed on your death!
What would I say, "oops, I was so sure, please don't lynch me now"?
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

It's not like it's a surprise that you voted for me hedge, but you really should mention when you do it.
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

Kate wrote:Nev is reading as genuine to me and we think we know he is, I think we should keep him around as long as we can.

"Refuse to vote with the 'civs'"? Really? I don't know you from a hole in the ground, Kate. Not only am I supposed to trust your vote, but now if I *don't* vote your way I'm automatically not a civ? WOAH.

The problem with a "civ" alliance is that there is no way to prove you are a civie, and on top of that there is no way to prove your vote is any more on key than any other vote. You know who this "civ" alliance would benefit most, Kate? Team Adam. Those big daddies are really only vulnerable to lynches, so if they were to form a voting block like this "civ alliance" where they could all vouch for each other and then claim anyone who doesn't vote with them is a baddie, then they could coast to the end of the game.

So, that is why your idea is super flawed and super suspicious.

Probably going to vote for you later.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

AceofSpaces wrote:

"Refuse to vote with the 'civs'"? Really? I don't know you from a hole in the ground, Kate. Not only am I supposed to trust your vote, but now if I *don't* vote your way I'm automatically not a civ? WOAH.

The problem with a "civ" alliance is that there is no way to prove you are a civie, and on top of that there is no way to prove your vote is any more on key than any other vote. You know who this "civ" alliance would benefit most, Kate? Team Adam. Those big daddies are really only vulnerable to lynches, so if they were to form a voting block like this "civ alliance" where they could all vouch for each other and then claim anyone who doesn't vote with them is a baddie, then they could coast to the end of the game.

If it helps any, one of them definitely died last night.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Is outing dead players illegal MP?
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Bullzeye »

Nevinera wrote:Is outing dead players illegal MP?
I'm not MP but anybody at all could tell you it is. So is infodumping tbh.
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Bullzeye wrote:
I'm not MP but anybody at all could tell you it is. So is infodumping tbh.
The rules post doesn't mention info dumping.
Outing is illegal, hinting at roles is discouraged, but allowed.
I'm sure I'm on thin ice out here, but hopefully MP will warn me before squashing me :-/

I'd assume dead players are protected too, but it doesn't hurt to ask.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

For Bullzeye to pop in with that little bit of advice there, sounds like he might have a vested interest.
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 120

Post by Bullzeye »

Matahari wrote:For Bullzeye to pop in with that little bit of advice there, sounds like he might have a vested interest.
Would I post On Topic while dead? I was just being helpful.
Kate
LAMIST Supatown
Posts in topic: 63
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by Kate »

AceofSpaces wrote:

You don't know me from a hole in the wall? Seriously?

Suggesting that we come to a conclusion together when there is a group that easily can vote together is a bad idea? Ok, sure thing, aces.
Andrew wrote: Wed May 29, 2013 6:47 pm I'm voting llama again because I think I heard him say something that looks like proof.
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

Kate wrote:
AceofSpaces wrote:

You don't know me from a hole in the wall? Seriously?

Suggesting that we come to a conclusion together when there is a group that easily can vote together is a bad idea? Ok, sure thing, aces.
I meant your role Kate, obviously I know you. :hugs:

Your idea is just to easy to exploit. We can all come to a conclusion together without saying " A B and C are civies, if you don't vote with them you're bad" If we do that, we basically hand the game over to Team Adam. You see where I am coming from on this right?

Now if you want to make a solid case against someone, show me some evidence, and then ask that I back you up with my vote, I will do that. But I am not just going to take your word for things and turn the lynches into a them vs us thing.
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

I think I'm going to follow Nev's vote on hedge owl. If it pans out, then he may be right about boomslang as well. If it doesn't, then nev could be on the chopping block next.
Draconus
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 185

Post by Draconus »

Can someone verify a few things for me?
Like who do we think Nev is? If it is Cohen, then should we not vote for him to give the rest of us a somewhat larger chance to win?
Also, who does Nev think Hedge is? I may have missed something there, too.
Sorry for being a bit slow today.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Why do you think he is Cohen? Someone else also said that, but I'm not sure i understand the reason for that.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I don't understand either. I am just trying to confirm what the other person said. It looks like I was right. But now I would like to know why they thought he was Cohen.

"Modular forms and elliptic curves! Infinite fire revolving around infinite parallels fractals of infinite reality, each cascading, gliding in an infinite wheel. Tell me the true nature of my reality!"
AceofSpaces
Corrupt Union Official

Post by AceofSpaces »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:I don't understand either. I am just trying to confirm what the other person said. It looks like I was right. But now I would like to know why they thought he was Cohen.

Can you provide a quote?
Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Maybe I'm misunderstanding but it seems to me that sander Cohen doesn't become a killer until after he receives 5 votes in the same lynch. Have I got that wrong?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I was just looking for one but I couldn't find it. I'm going to go back and see if I just skimmed over it.

Linki: I don't think he becomes a killer at all, does he?

Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Here's one :

Hedgeowl wrote:

I can tell you the roles of three of the dead folks, and I can point out two individuals as members of Ryan's army,
But since there is effectively no longer an alliance of civs trying to lynch the baddie threat
(instead, there is a mob of LMS players trying to lynch the ones most likely to kill them),
Do you not consider the 2nd civ team an alliance? I am confused by this statement. Why are you just sharing this data now? There's not a lot of roles i can come up with that would have so much claimed intel.

I went back and checked and Nev has only received one vote and that was a self vote for a plasmid. He has not received 5 votes, so if he is who I think, he is still independent. I have no idea if he has reached his win goal yet though becuase specific roles must be dead for his win. 2 are confirmed dead for Cohen, so its almost impossible to know. I can't figure out another role he could be and claim so much 'intel' unless he is straight up bad. However, this is starting to sound like a repeat of beajira. 'I not a threat to you, let me help you.'

Dom- i definitely think we still need suspects, just feeling the utter doom and gloom you mentioned when 6 people die in one night. Just feels like why bother if we'll all be NKd in the next two nights. :sigh:
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Hedgeowl wrote:

Do you not consider the 2nd civ team an alliance? I am confused by this statement. Why are you just sharing this data now? There's not a lot of roles i can come up with that would have so much claimed intel.

I went back and checked and Nev has only received one vote and that was a self vote for a plasmid. He has not received 5 votes, so if he is who I think, he is still independent. I have no idea if he has reached his win goal yet though becuase specific roles must be dead for his win. 2 are confirmed dead for Cohen, so its almost impossible to know. I can't figure out another role he could be and claim so much 'intel' unless he is straight up bad. However, this is starting to sound like a repeat of beajira. 'I not a threat to you, let me help you.'

Dom- i definitely think we still need suspects, just feeling the utter doom and gloom you mentioned when 6 people die in one night. Just feels like why bother if we'll all be NKd in the next two nights. :sigh:
Found it. Hedgeowl seems to think he could be Cohen because of the "intel" he has regarding certain roles.
Linki: Sorry for the double quote Mata!

Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

If anyone nightkills either of his dancers, he becomes enraged and attacks the killer every night until the killer meets death.
I also went back and found this in the Sander Cohen role description. He seems to only be able to kill those who NK his dancers. And even then he just has a 30% chance of doing so every night.

Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:
If anyone nightkills either of his dancers, he becomes enraged and attacks the killer every night until the killer meets death.
I also went back and found this in the Sander Cohen role description. He seems to only be able to kill those who NK his dancers. And even then he just has a 30% chance of doing so every night.
But does he have to get 5 votes before he can revenge kill, or is that a full game ability? Also, when searching for his former students, does he find out who a player is if they are not his student? I kind of doubt it, but I could be wrong there.
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

• Sander Cohen – Controller and head of Fort Frolic, Cohen is an artist gone mad, to say the least. He seeks nothing now but to finish his masterpiece, the Quadtych. All it is missing now are four photographs, each of one of his former artist disciples who have lost their way. As Kyle Fitzpatrick, Martin Finnegan, Silas Cobb, and Hector Rodriguez die, Cohen must take a picture of each to immortalize their mortality. If any of them are lynched or if Fitzpatrick explodes, Cohen takes a picture automatically. If any are nightkilled, he must take a picture of them by searching through dead bodies. Every night Cohen searches one dead body for one of his four former disciples; if he finds one, he takes their picture. Once he has all four pictures, he has fulfilled the main aspect to his win condition and must merely survive, winning with any team. So long as any of his former disciples are still alive, however, he cannot win. If five or more players ever cast a vote against Cohen during the same lynch, despite Cohen’s ability as a Houdini Splicer as difficult to kill, he begins to grow paranoid of all the “doubters” and can no longer win with any team. He consequently can only win by outliving everyone else as a normal baddie, with the assistance of his dancers. If anyone nightkills either of his dancers, he becomes enraged and attacks the killer every night until the killer meets death. As a sophisticated Houdini Splicer, Cohen has a 30% base rate of killing his targets, and he survives the first two attempts on his life, whether by lynch or by nightkill. While Jack is in Fort Frolic, he additionally gains temporary BTSC with Jack anonymously.
I think it is a full game ability and I think he only searches the bodies of those who have been NKed. Here is the full quote for reference. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Matahari
Drug Dealer

Post by Matahari »

So, I'm still not sure how nev or anyone would have info into anyone's affiliation, or role, based on a dead player check. Especially if sander only finds out whether the dead player was a former student or not. I'm wondering why hedge owl seemed to think nev could be Cohen. Maybe hedge owl could clear that up?
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

Yes I would like to hear from both before I vote but I will need to vote very soon.

I have to start getting ready for my Grandma's birthday party.

Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Devin the Omniscient wrote:Yes I would like to hear from both before I vote but I will need to vote very soon.

I have to start getting ready for my Grandma's birthday party.
Not sure what else I can tell you. I'm already kind of riding the edge of the rules.
I have no idea why she would think I'm Cohen though.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Just checking in and catching up.

The reason I suggested Cohen, was because that was the only role I could think of with btsc with other players, checking dead and also jAck at some point besides being a baddie. Because nEv was claiming intel, I was trying to figure out what role he could be claiming and where such info would come come from. Just a shot in the dark guess, which is why I checked the records of votes for him. However, Nev at some point told me to reread the roles, and based on Doms lms catch, then explained, by nev I thought I might be wrong.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 168
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

Yes, completely. No role outing of any kind is to be tolerated, whether true or false.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Nevinera wrote:It's not like it's a surprise that you voted for me hedge, but you really should mention when you do it.
I haven't voted yet, but didn't think I needed to tell anyone. :p

I think you meant Boom.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Nevinera
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Nevinera »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Nevinera wrote:It's not like it's a surprise that you voted for me hedge, but you really should mention when you do it.
I haven't voted yet, but didn't think I needed to tell anyone. :p

I think you meant Boom.
I'm sorry, I misread that poll >.<
Draconus
Money Launderer

Post by Draconus »

I understand why Hedge seems to think you're Cohen, Nev. I'm not sure what to think either way. I definitely don't feel safe voting for you at this point. Unfortunately I do have to vote now. I will be unavailable until after the lynch. That being said Hedge is the only other name that has come up. I feel terrible about voting for you, Hedge! I wish I had more time!

*votes Hedgeowl*

If you are lynched today, I hope to see you in future games Hedge! :hugs:

Return to “Previous Jobs”