Golden
33%

Total votes: 15
a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 382

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Six

Post by a2thezebra »

You know what a read is, right? Putting the word "reads" in quotation marks as if it's an absurd and/or foreign concept to you is a little alarming.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
ObscureAllure
The Mark
Posts in topic: 335

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night Five

Post by ObscureAllure »

DrWilgy wrote:
S~V~S wrote:I think it is a valid reasoning, even if you do not. Even in games where you are using alternative playstyles, you still show up and tend to be somewhat of a thread leader rather than otherwise. It seems to me that you were wallflowering to me :shrug2: My reasoning is my reasoning, and I am sorry it displeases you, but it works for me.

And even having read every post you made up until you started taking votes just this weekend, I don't recall a single opinion you have held.

I have also said that I am going to take Dex' word for whatever he saw, but I am also not going to apologize for or backpedal from how I felt before the lynch. So can you please dial back the aggression a tad?
Aggression? I don't mean to be aggro (sorry if it seemed that way).

A Wilgy cheatsheet:
Strongest opinions, Sig, BR, and Sokoth placed a vote on me after I stated that I was a toaster. This makes little to no civ sense considering their vote would be negated. Why use your strongest power as a civ, your vote, in a position where it wouldn't count.

Strong opinion, Sig's reaction to me taking his side against Epi vs me voting for him on behalf of Scotty was not what I expect out of a civillian Sig.

Medium opinion, OA and Silver are not on the same team. I believe they have been working together now for 3 cycles rather strongly. I don't think Mafia would allow for both of them to still be alive if they were on the same team.

Weak opinion, those defending me are likely civilian. Mafia have nothing to gain out of defending me since i'll flip cylon anyways + at the rate we are going a lynch on cylon Wilgy will probably be easy.

Things I'm looking for: BR and Silver's feedback regarding the events of last night and the content I created. Also, any opinions regarding my thoughts on Sig.

Linki - Not that I would no sadly. If he's soul reading me as civilian I appreciate it, that and the above opinions are all I got.

How have Silver and I been working together? I defended her when people were using her character to attack her role. I said I didn't think her role was a bad one just because she got upset or emotional. I don't think I've said anything about silver before or since? Or maybe I agreed with her about LC but that's all I can really remember? How is that "working together"?
Epignosis wrote:Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 636

Post by Epignosis »

a2thezebra wrote:You know what a read is, right? Putting the word "reads" in quotation marks as if it's an absurd and/or foreign concept to you is a little alarming.
Nope.

Be alarmed.

Kiss my grits.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

DrumBeats wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I'd interject that the concept of Wilgy claim Caprica Six would arise "for no reason" or "all of a sudden", because there are not many original Cylon numbers we could infer to be non-baddie aligned. Maybe Leoben for being linked with Starbuck after a while? That's about it, though. So, with LoRab flipping Anna, who else to take into consideration but a Cylon such as Caprica Six?
Or he could be a bad cylon lying? Let's do the math. How many bad cylons (not Capricia Six) are left compared to the one Capricia Six? The odds are much higher that he's not Six. And that's even if we assume Six isn't bad. We don't know that. Literally every cylon who gets caught being a cylon is going to claim being six. They can't all be six. It's impossible. He's NOT six.
I agree with most of this post. Mathematically speaking, it is doubtful that Wigly is a protown cylon. We likely only have one more, if even that, so how many people are instantly assuming he is that one is frightening. The difference between this and the Epig lynch, is Epig was confirmed to be a protown cylon afterwards, Wigly was not. Wigly could be Six, or even Cavil. We don't know, but we know there is a mathematic likelihood of Wigly flipping scum.

The Bold and Underlined part however, makes me wonder how Obscure is this certain Wigly is not Six. I could see OA flipping Six based on this honestly.
I wasn't claiming, was just aggravated because everyone is like "OMG - he might be a gooooooood cylon!" After three days of ranting how bad he is. If all it takes to stop from getting lynched is to tell everyone that are a good cylon I might... No, I still wouldn't. Lol. But seriously though. He can't be six, he's a bad guy, all of the evidence that people posted for three days says that, and I don't think six is bad. I'm not a cylon, so I'm not six.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:You know what a read is, right? Putting the word "reads" in quotation marks as if it's an absurd and/or foreign concept to you is a little alarming.
Nope.

Be alarmed.

Kiss my grits.
No worries then, I'll explain it to you.

In a mafia game such as this one, you may notice that there are other players in addition to yourself that also make posts from time to time within the game thread. One can infer from this that these other players, also in addition to yourself, possess alignments of their own that may or may not be the same as yours, whichever that may be. Although more complex games such as this one may give the illusion that things are not as simple as "town" and "mafia", in reality things are in fact that simple, and the two can be distinguished as such: if you're town, you win by acting like what you are, and if you're mafia, you win by acting like what you are not.

So when taking other players' posts into context in the course of the game, a moderately skilled critical thinker can theorize the unspoken motivations behind the publishing of posts, and if the motivation seems dubious or nefarious, a read can be formed. A mafia read. Likewise, if the motivation seems genuine and in line with your expectations of what a pro-town player acts like, a different read can be formed. A town read.

Hope this helps, with this in mind let me know when you're confident in enough in your read of DrWilgy to let us know what it is. :)
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Coooooooooooooooool.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

ObscureAllure wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:
Ricochet wrote:I'd interject that the concept of Wilgy claim Caprica Six would arise "for no reason" or "all of a sudden", because there are not many original Cylon numbers we could infer to be non-baddie aligned. Maybe Leoben for being linked with Starbuck after a while? That's about it, though. So, with LoRab flipping Anna, who else to take into consideration but a Cylon such as Caprica Six?
Or he could be a bad cylon lying? Let's do the math. How many bad cylons (not Capricia Six) are left compared to the one Capricia Six? The odds are much higher that he's not Six. And that's even if we assume Six isn't bad. We don't know that. Literally every cylon who gets caught being a cylon is going to claim being six. They can't all be six. It's impossible. He's NOT six.
I agree with most of this post. Mathematically speaking, it is doubtful that Wigly is a protown cylon. We likely only have one more, if even that, so how many people are instantly assuming he is that one is frightening. The difference between this and the Epig lynch, is Epig was confirmed to be a protown cylon afterwards, Wigly was not. Wigly could be Six, or even Cavil. We don't know, but we know there is a mathematic likelihood of Wigly flipping scum.

The Bold and Underlined part however, makes me wonder how Obscure is this certain Wigly is not Six. I could see OA flipping Six based on this honestly.
I wasn't claiming, was just aggravated because everyone is like "OMG - he might be a gooooooood cylon!" After three days of ranting how bad he is. If all it takes to stop from getting lynched is to tell everyone that are a good cylon I might... No, I still wouldn't. Lol. But seriously though. He can't be six, he's a bad guy, all of the evidence that people posted for three days says that, and I don't think six is bad. I'm not a cylon, so I'm not six.
That reminds me, what font color is Six listed in again in the opening post? I can't recall.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:Coooooooooooooooool.
I had a feeling you would like it!
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

a2thezebra wrote:
I'll be sure to think on all you've told me when I decide to vote for you.
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

SHIT I forgot that we are in a different time zone and didn't realize the night post was up. SO SAY WE ALL.
Epignosis wrote:If you wanted to get cute, put GlorFIENDel in first place and sig in second, or something like that.
Either this or glor first then Wigly - either way Glor first to force him to claim.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

:rolleyes:
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

a2thezebra wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:

That reminds me, what font color is Six listed in again in the opening post? I can't recall.
No clue - go look if you want to know?

Ok so let me just point out the obvious here. There is one "possibly Civ" cylon left (Capricia six) and we have two confirmed cylons alive (Sig and Wigly). You realize that in the LEAST, one of them has to be bad, right? And they both hinted that they are six. Does no one else see this? Seriously? I'm in shock that we are even talking about people outside of these two (well, and glor because Silver didn't try to really hide that one if we are to believe her.) we are still out to kill mafia right?!??
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Oooh! You've actually provided a good example here for me to elaborate a little on the whole reads thing, since you're new to it and all.

Now since you've expressed desire to vote for me, I assume knowing that it will result in my lynch if successful, what this might indicate is that you read me as mafia. However, this can only be safely assumed if you are town-aligned. If you are mafia-aligned yourself, then of course the opposite is true. Being mafia and knowing that I am not your side would be enough for you to have reason to get me lynched so I can contribute to the numbers of your opposition being taken away, bit by bit. If this is in fact the case, the desire you have for lynching me must not be mistaken as a desire that has come from a genuine read, but rather a read that you have in fact fabricated whether you are consciously aware of it or not (I'm not sure, given that you are new to reads...sorry if this is a bit patronizing) for the purpose of getting me mislynched while still maintaining the illusion that you are town - what you are not - rather than mafia, what you are.

If you are town-aligned, however, what you are experiencing is nothing more than an inaccurate read, which is perfectly innocent and cannot get you mislynched, at least not on its own. Don't worry, it happens to everyone, even the best players.
Black Rock
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 97

Post by Black Rock »

Epignosis wrote:Black Rock! I want an update on S~V~S and your accusation of her. What say you?
Sorry, I just spent the last 10 mins screaming at the top of my lungs at my selfish 17 year old. I think LC thinks I went insane.

I do need to get back on that track and expand on SVS. Really a lot of my thoughts are when she first came into the game she seemed to be Anti-Cylon. Like she thought it was the "in" thing. Then when a consensus came in that you were not evil she seemed to jump on the Cylon train. It just seems way to convenient and opportunistic. Which is words I would use to describe Mafia. I also do not trust any other listed Cylons. If the final five are like the final five of the show then I'm not too worried. I really don't know half the shit that's going on. I am with the humans (with the exception of your role), I do not trust Cylons.

I feel like I just did a tangent. My brain is filled with rage. Anyways SVS = opportunistic = no trust.

Although Black Rock =\= trusting Cylons is likely I will vote Dr Wilgy first. I do need to finish my catch up though.
ImageImage
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

ObscureAllure wrote: Ok so let me just point out the obvious here. There is one "possibly Civ" cylon left (Capricia six) and we have two confirmed cylons alive (Sig and Wigly). You realize that in the LEAST, one of them has to be bad, right? And they both hinted that they are six. Does no one else see this? Seriously? I'm in shock that we are even talking about people outside of these two (well, and glor because Silver didn't try to really hide that one if we are to believe her.) we are still out to kill mafia right?!??
Actually, sig is confirmed civ, not confirmed Cylon. I still want to lynch him though.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

FORCE 'EM TO CLAIM, FORCE 'EM TO CLAIM THE NAME OF JESUS!

OH PRAISE GOD

FORCE 'EM TO CLAIM!

Stop being silly. Lynch people you want dead. Stop scheming. I have been against scheming this entire time. Cain is dead. Stop worrying. Stop scheming. Stop plotting. Start just bitching slapping bad guys.

Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

a2thezebra wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Oooh! You've actually provided a good example here for me to elaborate a little on the whole reads thing, since you're new to it and all.

Now since you've expressed desire to vote for me, I assume knowing that it will result in my lynch if successful, what this might indicate is that you read me as mafia. However, this can only be safely assumed if you are town-aligned. If you are mafia-aligned yourself, then of course the opposite is true. Being mafia and knowing that I am not your side would be enough for you to have reason to get me lynched so I can contribute to the numbers of your opposition being taken away, bit by bit. If this is in fact the case, the desire you have for lynching me must not be mistaken as a desire that has come from a genuine read, but rather a read that you have in fact fabricated whether you are consciously aware of it or not (I'm not sure, given that you are new to reads...sorry if this is a bit patronizing) for the purpose of getting me mislynched while still maintaining the illusion that you are town - what you are not - rather than mafia, what you are.

If you are town-aligned, however, what you are experiencing is nothing more than an inaccurate read, which is perfectly innocent and cannot get you mislynched, at least not on its own. Don't worry, it happens to everyone, even the best players.
I quoted this but I didn't READ it.

How am I doing?
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 402
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

10 smashcoins says Epignosis needs another drink.

Banners and Stuff
Spoiler: show
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

That's a sig if I've ever seen one.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:10 smashcoins says Epignosis needs another drink.
I'm empty but I have to work tomorrow...what to do.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Epignosis wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:

I quoted this but I didn't READ it.

How am I doing?
If what you say is true, you are becoming an experienced mafia player faster than I could have imagined! You'll fit right in here! :clap:

You know, since town never wins on this site and all.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I want to hear more from Black Rock.

I want to hear more from G-Man.

I want to hear more from SockCrotchQuiltUgh.
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

10 smashcoins says you've been far too quiet.
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Glorfindel »

ObscureAllure wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:

Ok so let me just point out the obvious here. There is one "possibly Civ" cylon left (Capricia six) and we have two confirmed cylons alive (Sig and Wigly). You realize that in the LEAST, one of them has to be bad, right? And they both hinted that they are six. Does no one else see this? Seriously? I'm in shock that we are even talking about people outside of these two (well, and glor because Silver didn't try to really hide that one if we are to believe her.) we are still out to kill mafia right?!??
I'm sorry my friend but you couldn't be further from the truth. The point is, do you KNOW it is? :eye:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by Dex »

ObscureAllure wrote:There is one "possibly Civ" cylon left (Capricia six)
I don't think this is true.
*indiglowing*
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Dex wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:There is one "possibly Civ" cylon left (Capricia six)
I don't think this is true.
It's objectively not.

If OA had said there is one civ cylon left, then that's up for debate. But it is factually true that there is at least one possibly civ cylon left.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:
That's because I met a really cute girl. :mafia:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

SokothQultuq
Henchman
Posts in topic: 95

Post by SokothQultuq »

Well Epi, I'm glad you brought up the Demise of Cain and the now abolished Martial Law. I was starting to think people were going to be stuck on that for a while.

I like that pronunciation it was pretty close.

So what would you like to hear? I've been putting together a little something but I'm not yet ready to post it. Since I've had plenty of time to think about a lot of this and observe you all. I think I'm about ready to drop something more solid than the few little things I've done so far. I've also taken some examples from you guys and how you seem to be posting your suspicions so. Probably tomorrow as I do have work early. So Once I get home I'm going to drop some knowledge. Probably wont be much different than some of you but we'll see.

But if you want to know something specific let me know.

I will leave with this. After the last minute squabble over the claiming especially in light of what I did I still find that flip flop highly suspicious. But its hard to tell if they genuinely want out of the game with the " Dont care" attitude that was lumped in there. Oh and then a flip and sudden surge of posting which was counter intuitive to the attitude displayed shortly after we tried to Lynch them. That is something I'm going to go back over and reread that progression because it bothers me.

So yeah, if you want to know something specific from me let me know. I'll post some "reads" on people tomorrow. I'm sure it will be anticlimactic from the noob. LOL
a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
That's really cool!

But I don't believe that that's why you've been far too quiet.
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
That's really cool!

Checks post count.

How am I quiet? :confused:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

a2thezebra
Hitman

Post by a2thezebra »

Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
That's really cool!

Checks post count.

Good question, why didn't you ask it when I accused you the first time?
Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
Metalmarsh89 wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
That's really cool!

Checks post count.

Good question, why didn't you ask it when I accused you the first time?
Because you denied my explanation.

How am I quiet?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Marmot
Marmot

Post by Marmot »

A2thezebra, how am I quiet?

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image

Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

My theory: I think Spacedaisy was Boomer and Cally targeted him!
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

EBWOP: So Say We All

Just like I said I would do it:

a2thezebra

Poor cylon wants to hang on to her immuniy
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

So say we all, cause
unlike Obscure and Polo
what else can I do
Polo wrote:My theory: I think Spacedaisy was Boomer and Cally targeted him!
Wild idea is wild
and requires lack of nightkill
which is even more wild
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Epignosis wrote:I'll be voting sig, Wilgy, zebra, or GlorFIENDel most likely. I could get behind a Ricochet lynch too. I don't think he's good. I think he's bullshitting, as I said long ago.
Tunnel on a thought
Without knowing quite a lot
To read what I do
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Black Rock wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Black Rock! I want an update on S~V~S and your accusation of her. What say you?
Sorry, I just spent the last 10 mins screaming at the top of my lungs at my selfish 17 year old. I think LC thinks I went insane.

I do need to get back on that track and expand on SVS. Really a lot of my thoughts are when she first came into the game she seemed to be Anti-Cylon. Like she thought it was the "in" thing. Then when a consensus came in that you were not evil she seemed to jump on the Cylon train. It just seems way to convenient and opportunistic. Which is words I would use to describe Mafia. I also do not trust any other listed Cylons. If the final five are like the final five of the show then I'm not too worried. I really don't know half the shit that's going on. I am with the humans (with the exception of your role), I do not trust Cylons.

I feel like I just did a tangent. My brain is filled with rage. Anyways SVS = opportunistic = no trust.

Although Black Rock =\= trusting Cylons is likely I will vote Dr Wilgy first. I do need to finish my catch up though.

Please show me exactly where svs was opportunistic
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
bea
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 237
Preferred Pronouns: She/her
Aka: Some call me.....Jen. But most call me Bea.

Post by bea »

Epignosis wrote:FORCE 'EM TO CLAIM, FORCE 'EM TO CLAIM THE NAME OF JESUS!

OH PRAISE GOD

FORCE 'EM TO CLAIM!

Stop being silly. Lynch people you want dead. Stop scheming. I have been against scheming this entire time. Cain is dead. Stop worrying. Stop scheming. Stop plotting. Start just bitching slapping bad guys.

Bitch slap in the name of Jesus.
Jaysus yes.
I was born to speak all mirth and no matter.... :wine:
Epignosis wrote:Bitch, my identity is my identity theft protection!
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

SO SAY WE ALL

Everyone look, I did it! I really did it!
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by Dex »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:SO SAY WE ALL

Everyone look, I did it! I really did it!
:clap:
*indiglowing*
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Post by Glorfindel »

So Say We All!
Silverwolf wrote:So say we all!

Vote: Glorfindel
Could everyone please get off SilverWolf's case over this? She obviously has a deeply held belief that I am not a member of the Town. I do not believe that she is being coerced into this vote on me at all. I honestly believe her intentions to be in the best interests of our team but she is certainly wrong. In my judgement, we are at a critical juncture of this game and I think we are in a far worse position than many of us believe. If any of you believe that my actions or remarks this game have not been genuine you're welcome to join SilverWolf. G-Man has done his best to build whatever case he could construct against me. I have addressed his concerns honestly and genuinely to the best of my ability.

Despite what any of you think (even SilverWolf) I am Town in this game down to my bootstraps and I will continue to do what I can to further our cause in this game whilst I am able. Again, vote for me or don't vote for me, that choice is in your hands but know in doing so you are continuing to extinguish the chances of us winning this game.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

If Glorfindel is anti-town, I'm going to put him as the favorite to earn my vote for the 2016 Best Faker of Sincerity Socky. I don't deny that the cases against him have had merit and that my disagreement is purely a matter of reading him at face value -- but I still don't see a baddie.

The strongest doubt I feel now is just that Silverwolf voted so quickly in this day phase. I'm sure she has her reasons. There's also the fact that the last time I disagreed with popular opinion this starkly might have been MacDougall in Talking Heads. :ninja:
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Hey Glorfindel, I have a proposition for you:

People have suspected you for days and days now, and it seems unlikely they'll be changing their minds even if you defend yourself. You've tried that already repeatedly to no avail. How about this: don't defend yourself anymore. Just don't bother. It's a waste of your time. Instead of doing that, focus 100% on baddie hunting, and produce a list of players that you have thoroughly reasoned to be suspects. Even if it ends up being a legacy that you leave behind, it will prove valuable -- more valuable than your efforts at self-defense are likely to be.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

I see that some people, notably sig and Zebra, have shown adamant intent on voting me today. I have a couple of questions for you:

1) Don't you think that if I were mafia and buddies with DrWilgy, I would have rather warned him about the mispell on BTSC chat and hide from any suspicion whatsoever?
2) If, in fact, Wilgy only got immune because of the correct spelling AND he's really mafia, does that make me more of a baddie than he and therefore I should be the one getting lynched instead of the confirmed Cylon?

There's some food for thought.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Polo wrote:I see that some people, notably sig and Zebra, have shown adamant intent on voting me today. I have a couple of questions for you:

1) Don't you think that if I were mafia and buddies with DrWilgy, I would have rather warned him about the mispell on BTSC chat and hide from any suspicion whatsoever?
2) If, in fact, Wilgy only got immune because of the correct spelling AND he's really mafia, does that make me more of a baddie than he and therefore I should be the one getting lynched instead of the confirmed Cylon?

There's some food for thought.
A few assumptions being made with your #1:

1) Baddies have BTSC. This is an atypical game and I'm not even comfortable calling that a certainty.
2) If you're a baddie alongside Wilgy, to deliver a message via BTSC to him in real-time requires that you both be present in BTSC together. That's not always the case.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ObscureAllure
The Mark

Post by ObscureAllure »

Glorfindel wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:

I'm sorry my friend but you couldn't be further from the truth. The point is, do you KNOW it is? :eye:
How? How is it wrong? I am a woman of numbers so
Give me the numbers. Explain it to me.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 173

Post by DrWilgy »

SokothQultuq wrote:Actually if you go back and read the post where I did vote for him I gave my reason. I thought it was pretty sound.

Essentially either he didn't read anything I posted previously and the back and forth between me, Polo, Matt, and Long Con I believe it was regarding voting. he turned around and started the same exact thing I did. Why would you do the same thing after all that? It felt suspicious to me, so I rocked the vote in his name.
While I agree your reasoning for a vote is valid, it was cast after I had called myself a toaster.
SokothQultuq wrote:I think I'm hearing a broken record again... Didn't I already try this angle with the whole "I don't understand, so I'm not going to claim bit." I find that odd that you would likewise go that route DrWigly, this feels like your either doing this on purpose or are not caught up. The responses given are a bit weird too in my opinion.

I may not chime in often but this seems very strange to me. Especially in light of what I did.

I'm afraid I'm going to cast my vote for DrWigly as well.
You don't address the fact that I've stated that I was a toaster and threw your vote. Why?
Epignosis wrote:
sig wrote:So I think Daisy was killed since she wanted to lynch Wilgy, I believe the mafia team is attempting to redirect the lynch onto another player (right now it is me) away from Wilgy and it was clear Daisy wasn't going to budge and wanted Wilgy gone.
This is silly.
I agree.
Silverwolf wrote:
sig wrote:
Silverwolf wrote:So say we all!

Vote: Glorfindel
wtf? I thought you were voting for Wilgy no matter what. :confused:
I have my reasons.
I'm not complaining, but I am curious.
Black Rock wrote:So say we all!
Hey BR, you mind hitting me up on the responses I requested yesterday?
ObscureAllure wrote:How have Silver and I been working together? I defended her when people were using her character to attack her role. I said I didn't think her role was a bad one just because she got upset or emotional. I don't think I've said anything about silver before or since? Or maybe I agreed with her about LC but that's all I can really remember? How is that "working together"?
It was the hard defense based upon my bologna accusations of her. Felt abnormal. I don't think I was attacking her character either, I'll need to see where that is relevant.
ObscureAllure wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
ObscureAllure wrote:

I didn't hint that I was Six, nor will I do so.

At the rate thingies are going I see my vote heading towards Sig or BR.
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

If I were mafia in any game, I'd be dumb as shit not to leave BTSC chat open 24/7, especially on the verge of being lynched.
DrWilgy
Capo Regime (Street Boss)
Posts in topic: 173

Post by DrWilgy »

Polo wrote:If I were mafia in any game, I'd be dumb as shit not to leave BTSC chat open 24/7, especially on the verge of being lynched.
...Guess we are dumb as shit :grin:
nutella wrote: Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:56 pm Image
@DrWilgy don't post any more k
Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Wilgy's vote is an enigma of science. Philosophers are known to throw their tomes across the auditorium in a fit of frustration after failing to solve its mystery.
insertnamehere wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 11:50 pm WTF was up with Wilgy's entire deal?

Return to “Previous Jobs”