33%

Total votes: 15
Glorfindel
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 197

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night Six

Post by Glorfindel »

Dex wrote:
Polo wrote:I'm perfectly fine with lynching Glorfindel tomorrow. I believe sig is civ and I really regret pushing for his lynch before.
Absolutely.
You two might've proven you can pull the wool over 3J's eyes but I'd hoped the rest of the Town in this game has wished up to you.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Glorfindel is always nicer than a puppy.

Golden wrote: I agree. Let glorf be glorf.
Dex
The Mark
Posts in topic: 223

Post by Dex »

Polo wrote:She still strongly believes that Cain is a bigger threat than Cavil, and showed aggressiveness when I said Cavil should die before Cain.

How in the frak could that be possible? Any civilian could do with lynching Epi if that were necessary to ensure victory, but who the hell thinks we need to lynch a civ/independent character before the Mafia boss? Long Con/Admiral Cain was more dangerous to mafia than he/she was to civs.
You asked me the same question and I gave you the same answer as did S~V~S. The finer points of the debate deserve more attention. You seem to only regard the Cain or Cavil first question non contextually; in a vacuum, which is the greater evil, Cain or Cavil? You are dismayed when anybody answers anything but Cavil. But S~V~S and I were coming from a context where we were fairly certain who Cain was - and we were right - and had no idea who Cavil was. It could have taken us all game to find Cavil; we had Cain in hand.

And I'm not sure what you mean by the mafia boss "being more dangerous to mafia than to civs". That may be true per se, Cavil wants all humans dead (I presume) and Cain didn't want any humans dead. But you overlook the fact that Cain made civ victory twice as difficult by requiring twice the number of lynches to win. And that's just the numerical disadvantage. Martial law was depriving us of half the cylons as aliies, and denying us whatever powers they had that might be of great usefulness to the civ cause. Possibly even, for example, finding Cavil.

What you are apparently preferring here is that we spend an indeterminate amount of time prioritizing a search for a particular role with half the chance to win the game than to take out first a known target that will double our chances of winning.

If anybody had even the slightest inkling who Cavil was, we may have answered you differently. Taking out a target who we had pretty much identified who was having a serious negative effect on a civ victory was a far, far better choice.
*indiglowing*
Ricochet
Uomini D'onore (Man of Honor)
Posts in topic: 835

Post by Ricochet »

Polo wrote:
Ricochet wrote:Ok, what the frak happened?
Glorfindel claimed Cylon and escaped the lynch; Sig was immune to it for some reason.
Couldn't the immune part be true of Glorfindel?

Glorfindel, what's your take on the lynch result. Sorry if I missed it, I'm only now going back to catch up.
JaggedJimmyJay
The Brassiere of The Syndicate
Posts in topic: 646
Preferred Pronouns: He/him/his/himself
Aka: Jay | JJJ | J3 | 3J | jagged | Jimmy | KOFM

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Glorfindel, Epignosis gave you a prompt earlier that I think you should address. You've suggested that town's general approach to this game has been fundamentally flawed from the start, and that you don't feel good about the outlook as a result. I do think there is at least some potential that you could be a good-aligned cylon who has been resisting the anti-cylon climate of the thread (it can be debated whether that climate truly existed).

We know you're a cylon with near certainty now. We have to determine whether you're a good one or a bad one, and given your despair about the state of the game we're left with one question for you (the one Epi posed): which roles are baddies? Who among those characters listed in Golden's OP do you believe to be aligned against you? We have a few cylons out in the open now, and it seems unlikely to me that all of them are good guys.
Spoiler: show
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

ImageImageImageImageImage

Rate Your Music

Best Townie, Maffies 4, 8 and 9
Best Scum, Maffies 3
Best Moderator, Maffies 8 and 9
Most Valuable Player, Maffies 7 and 9
Best Roleplay, Maffies 4 and 6
Spirit Award, Maffies 9
Hall of Fame inductee, Maffies 4

Mafia Universe

Mafia Championship Finalist, 2015 and 2020
Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Btw, who wants me to claim now? :grin:
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:
Polo wrote:
Glorfindel claimed Cylon and escaped the lynch; Sig was immune to it for some reason.

Glorfindel, what's your take on the lynch result. Sorry if I missed it, I'm only now going back to catch up.
It's barely possible, but I have no idea why he'd bother to claim cylon at the last moment if there's any kind of immunity built into his role. It seems pretty obvious to me that he survived the lynch despite having the tally lead because he took advantage of the amnesty act, which would mean it was sig who was immune.
Overall: 74-58 (.56) | Town 49-42 (.54) | Mafia 19-11 (.63) | Independent 6-4 (.60)

The Syndicate: Town 23-27; Mafia 11-5; Indy 5-1 | RateYourMusic: Town 14-13; Mafia 5-4; Indy 0-3 | Mafia Universe: Town 6-0; Mafia 1-0 | Student Doctor Network: Town 2-1; Mafia 1-0 | HeroClixRealms: Town 1-0; Mafia 0-1 | Bulbagarden: Mafia 0-1; Indy 1-0 | 2+2 POG: Town 1-0 | Naruto Forums: Town 0-1 | Personality Café: Town 1-0 | Vendetta Strada: Town 0-1 | Mafia451: Town 1-0 | Wintreath: Mafia 1-0

Awards:

The Syndicate

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage[-Mass Effect Mafia banner-]ImageImageImageImage
Polo
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 458

Post by Polo »

It is quite hilarious how Glorfindel spent the entire game avoiding the claim and did not hesitate to do it today at the most critical moment. Why didn't you stick to your moral compass, Glorf? Is it because it is pointing towards "evil"?
Dex wrote:You asked me the same question and I gave you the same answer as did S~V~S. The finer points of the debate deserve more attention. You seem to only regard the Cain or Cavil first question non contextually; in a vacuum, which is the greater evil, Cain or Cavil? You are dismayed when anybody answers anything but Cavil. But S~V~S and I were coming from a context where we were fairly certain who Cain was - and we were right - and had no idea who Cavil was. It could have taken us all game to find Cavil; we had Cain in hand.

And I'm not sure what you mean by the mafia boss "being more dangerous to mafia than to civs". That may be true per se, Cavil wants all humans dead (I presume) and Cain didn't want any humans dead. But you overlook the fact that Cain made civ victory twice as difficult by requiring twice the number of lynches to win. And that's just the numerical disadvantage. Martial law was depriving us of half the cylons as aliies, and denying us whatever powers they had that might be of great usefulness to the civ cause. Possibly even, for example, finding Cavil.

What you are apparently preferring here is that we spend an indeterminate amount of time prioritizing a search for a particular role with half the chance to win the game than to take out first a known target that will double our chances of winning.

If anybody had even the slightest inkling who Cavil was, we may have answered you differently. Taking out a target who we had pretty much identified who was having a serious negative effect on a civ victory was a far, far better choice.
I get your point; at the moment, removing Cavil from the game was contextually optimal. But imagine this: wouldn't it be better to kill the mafia (Cavil's faction), who nightkills civs and has other maleficial powers, and then go after Cain in order to eliminate martial law in order to restore wincons back to original? We've been set back one day because of that, at least, because Cain could have had a night power that is bad to cylons.
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Ricochet wrote:Couldn't the immune part be true of Glorfindel?
That's what the claim achieved - immunity.
*indiglowing*
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Dex wrote:
Semantics (technically the claim puts Glor at 0 votes, so immune in the sense of "nothing can happen to him", given the rest of the tally), but I clearly meant non-claim related immune reasons?
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

EBWOP
Dex wrote:
Semantics (technically the claim puts Glor at 0 votes, so immune in the sense of "nothing can happen to him", given the rest of the tally), but I clearly meant non-claim related immune reasons.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

If Glorfindel knew he would have been immune for non-claim reasons, he would not have wasted his Cylon claim.
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Polo wrote:I get your point; at the moment, removing Cavil from the game was contextually optimal. But imagine this: wouldn't it be better to kill the mafia (Cavil's faction), who nightkills civs and has other maleficial powers, and then go after Cain in order to eliminate martial law in order to restore wincons back to original? We've been set back one day because of that, at least, because Cain could have had a night power that is bad to cylons.
Theoretically, yes. Non contextually, yes. Hypothetically, yes. Practically, no.

Did you prefer things when martial law was in effect?
*indiglowing*
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Polo wrote:

It's barely possible, but I have no idea why he'd bother to claim cylon at the last moment if there's any kind of immunity built into his role. It seems pretty obvious to me that he survived the lynch despite having the tally lead because he took advantage of the amnesty act, which would mean it was sig who was immune.
Ah ok, that makes some sense.
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Dex wrote:
Polo wrote:I get your point; at the moment, removing Cavil from the game was contextually optimal. But imagine this: wouldn't it be better to kill the mafia (Cavil's faction), who nightkills civs and has other maleficial powers, and then go after Cain in order to eliminate martial law in order to restore wincons back to original? We've been set back one day because of that, at least, because Cain could have had a night power that is bad to cylons.
Theoretically, yes. Non contextually, yes. Hypothetically, yes. Practically, no.

Did you prefer things when martial law was in effect?
I've come to believe that martial law was only bad to Cylons as long as the mafia was alive, and that we could deal with Cain right after eliminating Cavil's faction.

I did not prefer things when martial law was in effect but, if given the choice of a mafia lynch vs. Cain, at that point or in any point of the game before the elimination of Cavil's faction, I'd choose to lynch mafia. Even if I knew who was Cain.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

So what are you waiting for in this whole claim drama, Rico?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:So what are you waiting for in this whole claim drama, Rico?
In the drama that was? For the plan to be fulfilled and everyone (relevant i.e. besides Epignosis, I guess) to have claimed.

In the drama that is? Nothing, seems irrelevant now. :shrug:
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Ricochet wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:So what are you waiting for in this whole claim drama, Rico?
In the drama that was? For the plan to be fulfilled and everyone (relevant i.e. besides Epignosis, I guess) to have claimed.

What the frak, man? Just claim tomorrow :disappoint:
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Polo wrote:I did not prefer things when martial law was in effect but, if given the choice of a mafia lynch vs. Cain, at that point or in any point of the game before the elimination of Cavil's faction, I'd choose to lynch mafia. Even if I knew who was Cain.
In the event, however, a mafia lynch vs. Cain decision never had to be made because the situation never came up.
*indiglowing*
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Polo wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

You guys still want me to claim for an amnesty act that's been repealed? :huh: Such quality drumming.

Can't wait for Matt to drop by and demand me this thing himself. :haha:
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Ricochet wrote:In the drama that was? For the plan to be fulfilled and everyone (relevant i.e. besides Epignosis, I guess) to have claimed.

You think we're just going to forget you complete and utter bullsuit reasons for not claiming? Let me disabuse of that notion right now.
*indiglowing*
Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Ricochet wrote:
Polo wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

You guys still want me to claim for an amnesty act that's been repealed? :huh: Such quality drumming.

I was joking, honeydew. :workit:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Polo wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Polo wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

I was joking, honeydew. :workit:
You looked frowny and disappoint in joking. :shrug2:

Ok, so I sheeted the tally. Glor won 7 votes to 5 against sig, so no lynch tie shenanigans possible. Unless there was a hidden lynch stop available, that makes Glor survivor of his lynch, most likely by virtue of his claim, and sig survivor of the aftermath, by virtue of [???].
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:
Polo wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Good point. Still don't understand why you dragged it out as one of the people keeping close track of those who complied.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Polo
Corrupt Union Official

Post by Polo »

Glorf won 6 to 5. Silverwolf was replaced.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Polo wrote:Glorf won 6 to 5. Silverwolf was replaced.
Dex, Vompatti, INH, Matt, GMan, Sig, Bea

Seven.
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Ricochet wrote:
Polo wrote:
Ricochet wrote:

Good point. Still don't understand why you dragged it out as one of the people keeping close track of those who complied.
Because there were still people to claim? :shrug2:
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Oh I see, bea didn't vote in the poll. Counts, though?
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Ricochet wrote:Because there were still people to claim? :shrug2:
Sure. I'll drop it because we've all been given a wonderful opportunity to talk about something else.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night Three

Post by Golden »

Golden wrote:An immune player does not even have zero votes. If the lynch ended with a tie of players on zero votes, they would still be immune and not form part of any tie breaker. They have no number of votes, and any votes towards them won't change that. This is true of any mechanic that makes someone 'immune', including the Cylon Immunity Act.
Just reminding you all that you are linguistically challenged in your variety of words/you've forgotten what immunity means.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

What the fraking ever. I rescind my comment on Glorfindel not being immune based on the claim.

I still meant non-claim immune reasons, although lynch tally doesn't point to such a thing being likely. And I'd still like Glorfindel to challenge the notion of him not dying based on Cylonclaiming, if there's indeed another angle to be considered.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Rico, what is your stance on fracking?

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Null town.
Matt
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 455

Post by Matt »

Wow. Rip no one.

As someone mentioned already, if Golden is going through the motions of the show, then the Cylon Occupation should be coming up soon. :faint:

Why is everyone so quick to pounce on Glorfindel? Is nobody else seeing what I'm seeing? I'm probably wrong tho haha but I think Glorfy may be a good cylon.

Glorfy, swear on your mother that you're a good Cylon and I will tunnel every mofo who comes at you.
Image Image Image Image
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

Matt wrote:Wow. Rip no one.

As someone mentioned already, if Golden is going through the motions of the show, then the Cylon Occupation should be coming up soon. :faint:

Why is everyone so quick to pounce on Glorfindel? Is nobody else seeing what I'm seeing? I'm probably wrong tho haha but I think Glorfy may be a good cylon.

Glorfy, swear on your mother that you're a good Cylon and I will tunnel every mofo who comes at you.
I think it's plausible that he's a good cylon. The problem is that we now have three people who are clearly cylons -- Epignosis, DrWilgy, and Glorfindel. We know nutella and LoRab were cylons, and there's a good chance LoRab wasn't a baddie. So how can all these cylons be good? It would seem to me like a huge coincidence if we've exposed only the good cylons and none of the bad cylons save for nutella.

I don't know anything about Battlestar Galactica, so I couldn't say how many of the eight cylons are compatible with "goodness" in terms of lore.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

What are you seeing? We already have two potential Cylons playing the good game card. Begin your sentence with "I think" and then lay it out for us.
JaggedJimmyJay

Post by JaggedJimmyJay »

And it bugs me to rely on the lore of the show to decide which roles are good and bad in this game, but if we're not seeing specific alignments when we lynch people and flip their role cards, then I don't know if there's any alternative. Without lore under those circumstances it's total guessing.

Awards:

The Syndicate

Student Doctor Network

Rate Your Music

Best Scum, Maffies 3
Spirit Award, Maffies 9

Mafia Universe

Best Town Player, 2020

Hosts:

Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Ricochet wrote:What are you seeing? We already have two potential Cylons playing the good game card. Begin your sentence with "I think" and then lay it out for us.
I see sig and Glorfy town reading the eff out of each other when looking through their ISO's. With the exception of sig "questioning" Glorf early on, they have been mutually strong town reading one another. Multiple times.

People now seem to think sig is Gaius.

Derp.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Day Five

Post by Matt »

Updated list of non-claimers...

Epignosis
OA
Ricotech
Vompatti

Make fun all you want, but I don't expect the Gaius presidency to last. If Roslin (or whoever created the Cylon Amnesty Act) is put back into power, I could totally see Goldama saying "All previous laws that were rescinded are now reinstated" or some such shenanis.

As of now, no reason to claim since the law isn't even in effect but let's not forget this list just in case.
Image Image Image Image
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 320

Post by Golden »

The Cylon Amnesty Act is repealed and off the books. If a Cylon Amnesty Act was ever passed again, every person would be able to claim anew.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Matt
Racketeer

Re: Battlestar Galactica Mafia - Night Five

Post by Matt »

ObscureAllure wrote:

Also, I don't know what Matt knows you are talking about.
Oh, he does. Trust me. He's playing dumb now but he let it slip earlier. He knows exactly why I thought what I did about LC. The fact that it didn't bring him to think the same says a lot about Matt.
So this has been really bugging me.

Do me a favor. You don't have to point it out, but if you could just link me to the post itself, I will examine it in it's entirety to try to understand what you think I "let slip earlier".

I'm totally curious as to what you think I know about which I almost certainly do not know.
Image Image Image Image
Matt
Racketeer

Post by Matt »

Golden wrote:The Cylon Amnesty Act is repealed and off the books. If a Cylon Amnesty Act was ever passed again, every person would be able to claim anew.
:eek:
Image Image Image Image
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

So say we all.
Polo wrote:The thing that bothered me and is making me nervous about S~V~S are these posts:

S~V~S wrote:
Polo wrote:I'll repeat myself: I'd rather go after Cavil and his pack before doing anything with regards to Cain.
Do you know who he is?

Let's do it. Give me a name.
S~V~S wrote:
Polo wrote:I don't. Do you think Cain is a bigger threat to town than Cavil?
I think Cain is a threat, yes, Martial law is not a good thing. Trashing peoples win cons is not a good thing. And I *think* I know who he is. Which is the salient point.
S~V~S wrote:
Polo wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Thanks for the reminder.
Polo wrote:I'm not ever going to give people a civ pass for claiming, but be damn sure that the evil Cylons aren't okay with losing their first lynch immunity.
Most people have already used up their claim; do you want to let Cavil and his toaster pals get the upper hand? Frakking hell.
If I were an evildoer, I'd be perfectly okay playing ball. Why? Because it buys me credibility with people like you. You are operating under the assumption that the people who aren't claiming must be bad because...well, they didn't claim! Even if you say you are not walking that path, you are. And your enthusiasm here sounds forced to me.

Say, tell me more about this "first" lynch immunity. :ponder:
Here:
Golden wrote:A new law has been passed.

Cylon Amnesty Act: Any person may publicly admit to being a cylon and, if the declaration is true, they will have immunity from the lynch for that day. Once a person has outed themselves as a cylon, they cannot do it a second time.

They'll be immune to being lynched on the day of the declaration. That's what I meant; on the next day onward they'll be lynchable.

S~V~S wrote:
Polo wrote:The Amnesty Law can be ignored if everyone claims Cylon.
What does that have to do with we all now need Epi dead to win?It isn't fair and it's wrong.

I don't want Cains win cons, I want the win cons I had back. I want to defeat Cavil, and I want to do it free from a dictator. Who probably has other things up her evil sleeve, tbh.
Lynch Cavil and then we lynch Cain. I said nothing about lynching Epi.
And do you think you know who Cavil is? You say this like it is a simple thing. Did someone forget to send me the "Who IS Cavil" memo?

Lets see what happens in the night; if the win cons changeback I will back right the fuck off (see SIlver! I said "fuck" :D ). If they don't then as far as I am concerend, a bird in the hand etc. becasue Cain has to go since who knows what she will do next under martial law.
She uses the universal assumption that Epi is good in order to remove any merit from my suggestion of getting everyone to claim Cylon. This could have been done in order to ensure that we keep wasting time discussing claims and the unclaimed and guarantee that the unclaimed would not get flak for not claiming, for there would be more people okay with that.

She still strongly believes that Cain is a bigger threat than Cavil, and showed aggressiveness when I said Cavil should die before Cain.

How in the frak could that be possible? Any civilian could do with lynching Epi if that were necessary to ensure victory, but who the hell thinks we need to lynch a civ/independent character before the Mafia boss? Long Con/Admiral Cain was more dangerous to mafia than he/she was to civs.

I think S~V~S is cylon; I think she may have had info on Long Con's role; I also think the Mafia used Nutella as a scapegoat to clear S~V~S and OA of suspicion (cuz they voted in favor of lynching a bad Cylon); and S~V~S could be John Cavil. I ask Gaius Baltar to use his power on S~V~S.

More reasoning later; also I plan on ISO'ing ObscureAllure.
I am perfectly aware that I may or may not take some flak from the mafia team due to this post.
Nice insta set up there; anyone who gives you flak must be the Mafia team :haha:

You really think OA is bad? And I have no issues with Baltar checking me.

I also have no regrets about making Cain a priority,either. A bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

I have been playing with LC for years, and once he got himself entrenched, he was not going to be an easy lynch, he was going to talk his way into our souls. You keep saying "Oh let's lynch the cylons" like we know who they are, then we can lynch him. Until he passes laws like "Cain cannot be lynched" or whatever else. Had it been someone else in that role, OK. But it was LC, and LC can make you think he's your best bud right up until you feel the knife in your heart. It's not just about the role, it's about the player. I felt thatLC as absolute ruler of the thread was not someoe wo could be all blase about saving for a later date.

Just becasue you disagree with someone elses strategy, it does not make them bad.

I know you did not like it, but I felt he was an imminent danger to the TOWN, and everyone in it.

Wow that was some night!

I think there is some conclusion leaping going on. Early on the host told us many if not most of the roles have secrets. Secrets like maybe night protections, or lynch survivals or lynch saves, perhaps? Look at your own roles while you think about this. We are jumping to a conclusion re sigs survival and his potential role, and I very confidently had someone else pencilled in for that role. I have to reread all of this while I am at work. But if sig is NOT Baltar,I would think he is allowed to say so. If he already did, I missed it, and I'm sorry. I skimmed alot of the post host posts until I saw my own name in giant letters, lol.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Well, isn't this a charming little discussion. Polo and Dex... Hardly surprising :shrug: The conjecture around the impact of my claim is moot. What happened at EoD actually proves absolutely nothing about my species for all your Machiavellian theories. I'll tell you what all this looks like - I believe that before this EoD, our Mafia friends were sitting back slapping each other on their proverbial backs at the prospects of another perfectly executed plan resulting in a certain lynching of two candidates either of whom would be another notch in their belt with the remaining candidate the obvious target for Day 7.

The events of the EoD must have been a shock to them as their plans disappeared in a puff of smoke. It is likely that it took them some time to settle on a strategy in their BTSC and I think what we've witnessed here over the course of the last few hours is a desperate attempt to recover their position with these endless accusations against me - a sad attempt to get their plan back on course for the next Day Phase. This is the most transparent attempt at a stitch-up I've seen in some time. I think you guys seriously underestimate the ability of our team if you think anyone won't see this for what it is. I think both Dex and Polo deserve a very close look :eye:

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

Matt wrote:Wow. Rip no one.

It's what is colloquially referred to as 'damage control' Matt and as I said before - a pretty amateur attempt at one at that!

Glorfindel
Money Launderer

Post by Glorfindel »

So Say We All!
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Glorfindel, Epignosis gave you a prompt earlier that I think you should address. You've suggested that town's general approach to this game has been fundamentally flawed from the start, and that you don't feel good about the outlook as a result. I do think there is at least some potential that you could be a good-aligned cylon who has been resisting the anti-cylon climate of the thread (it can be debated whether that climate truly existed).

We know you're a cylon with near certainty now. We have to determine whether you're a good one or a bad one, and given your despair about the state of the game we're left with one question for you (the one Epi posed): which roles are baddies? Who among those characters listed in Golden's OP do you believe to be aligned against you? We have a few cylons out in the open now, and it seems unlikely to me that all of them are good guys.
In terms of the bolded comment above, I'm sorry, but you know no such thing. That is what my good pal Epi refers to as an "opinion and perception". You have however accurately interpreted what I've been proposing for about a week - it's gratifying to me that at least one player here actually reads my posts and makes the effort to think them through :hug: A large part of what I've been concerned about is those players that have been using 'lore' against us to lead us astray. I think it's extremely important from this point forward to take a very critical eye to any lore interpretations that are proposed from this point forward and the player proposing them.

I'm not going to pretend to know (or even presume) the numbers of Mafia in this game or their species nor do I believe that it is even necessarily helpful to our cause to do so. I'm not familiar with the show or its characters and I have a strange feeling that even if I did, it may not help. I'd be extremely cautious drawing any conclusions like that in this game because from my perspective, next to nothing about this game has gone as expected.

If you'll forgive me asking, do you by any chance work in the media? Or do you interview people as part of your employment? You show some exceptional skills in that regard in my opinion and I'm just curious...?

Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Matt wrote:
Ricochet wrote:What are you seeing? We already have two potential Cylons playing the good game card. Begin your sentence with "I think" and then lay it out for us.
I see sig and Glorfy town reading the eff out of each other when looking through their ISO's. With the exception of sig "questioning" Glorf early on, they have been mutually strong town reading one another. Multiple times.

Derp.
Gaius doesn't check for alignment, he checks for cylon, if that's what you're implying. I seem to be talking "near certainty" a lot in this game, but Glorf is Cavil faction.
*indiglowing*
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

Glorfindel wrote:I think both Dex and Polo deserve a very close look :eye:
That is the soooouuuuuuuund... of cylons
*indiglowing*
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 383

Post by S~V~S »

Dex wrote:
Matt wrote:

Derp.
Gaius doesn't check for alignment, he checks for cylon, if that's what you're implying. I seem to be talking "near certainty" a lot in this game, but Glorf is Cavil faction.
Yeah this.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Dex
The Mark

Post by Dex »

:clap: Hilarious!
*indiglowing*
Ricochet

Post by Ricochet »

Matt wrote:
Golden wrote:The Cylon Amnesty Act is repealed and off the books. If a Cylon Amnesty Act was ever passed again, every person would be able to claim anew.
:eek:
Mwahahahahaha. :feb:

Return to “Previous Jobs”