Total votes: 14
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Re: [Night 3.1] The Office Mafia

Post by Turnip Head »

Epignosis wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Who is that in your profile pic Turnip?
Spoiler: show
The victim of a pervert.
:doh:
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 213
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

DrumBeats wrote:
Scotty wrote:On why SVS voted the way she voted:
S~V~S wrote:
LoRab wrote:
S~V~S wrote:German.

Who needs a better theme?
I've read too much Jewish philosophy this past week, mainly of Germans, to want that as a theme. I'm going with jazz. It makes my brain hurt less.
Good point. TH, I was just reading back through your posts.

I voted early becasue I was trying to emphasize the similarity of our experiences to Quin. It is also my experience that when you have no choice but to do a thing, either do it immediately and get it out of the way, or wait until the last second and play stupid. For the reason I stated re Quin, I chose the former. Also I am all about open & honest this game, and playing dumb at the last minute does not seem to work with that.

@Daisy, sometimes TPTB just won;t let you say what you really want to say. And you (or me, lol) is sleepy and does it anyhow.

ALSO,re framing, I am mega mega mega MEGA surprised that no one has tried to imply I was the one to kill Rabbit (or if they did I missed it). I know that when I kill someone when I am bad in order to frame another person, I NEVER bring it up myself. I wait for the civvies to bring it up under those circumstances. And there are a few people I would have expected to bring that point up. When Rabbit died I was waiting for it, and it did not come.

@LoRab, I did not think of it in that context. My husbands BFF is German, and that is my first association. :blush:
She chose to follow the same pattern of immediacy that Quin gave her when he force voted. This can be believable.

But this:
Jo – Jo is very convincing. She can control someone’s vote each odd night.
DB does bring up a point that Jo couldn't have used her power on Night 2 to influence this, so the options I see are:
a) SVS is faking the force vote or
b) another civ power forced her to vote for Quin.

How likely is it that we have Merideth, who forces votes of inactives, and another vote forcer on even nights? I suppose that would counteract the mafia role of forcing votes on odd nights, but if that were the case, forcing SVS to vote for Quin is an...odd choice.

I dunno SVS...that role reveal is not exactly damning, but it's not a good look for you.
Why would it have to be a civ power?
Why would the same mafia power be alternating odd and even nights? I makes more sense from a balance perspective that a civ would have the even night phase.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Scotty wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
Scotty wrote:On why SVS voted the way she voted:
S~V~S wrote:
LoRab wrote:
S~V~S wrote:German.

Who needs a better theme?
I've read too much Jewish philosophy this past week, mainly of Germans, to want that as a theme. I'm going with jazz. It makes my brain hurt less.
Good point. TH, I was just reading back through your posts.

I voted early becasue I was trying to emphasize the similarity of our experiences to Quin. It is also my experience that when you have no choice but to do a thing, either do it immediately and get it out of the way, or wait until the last second and play stupid. For the reason I stated re Quin, I chose the former. Also I am all about open & honest this game, and playing dumb at the last minute does not seem to work with that.

@Daisy, sometimes TPTB just won;t let you say what you really want to say. And you (or me, lol) is sleepy and does it anyhow.

ALSO,re framing, I am mega mega mega MEGA surprised that no one has tried to imply I was the one to kill Rabbit (or if they did I missed it). I know that when I kill someone when I am bad in order to frame another person, I NEVER bring it up myself. I wait for the civvies to bring it up under those circumstances. And there are a few people I would have expected to bring that point up. When Rabbit died I was waiting for it, and it did not come.

@LoRab, I did not think of it in that context. My husbands BFF is German, and that is my first association. :blush:
She chose to follow the same pattern of immediacy that Quin gave her when he force voted. This can be believable.

But this:
Jo – Jo is very convincing. She can control someone’s vote each odd night.
DB does bring up a point that Jo couldn't have used her power on Night 2 to influence this, so the options I see are:
a) SVS is faking the force vote or
b) another civ power forced her to vote for Quin.

How likely is it that we have Merideth, who forces votes of inactives, and another vote forcer on even nights? I suppose that would counteract the mafia role of forcing votes on odd nights, but if that were the case, forcing SVS to vote for Quin is an...odd choice.

I dunno SVS...that role reveal is not exactly damning, but it's not a good look for you.
Why would it have to be a civ power?
Why would the same mafia power be alternating odd and even nights? I makes more sense from a balance perspective that a civ would have the even night phase.
EBWOP unless there's 2 mafia teams, but I don't think that's the case, with how things have been playing out.

a2thezebra
Hitman
Posts in topic: 5

Post by a2thezebra »

Turnip Head wrote:
a2thezebra wrote:Who is that in your profile pic Turnip?
It's Pennsatucky from Orange is the New Black. The actress is Taryn Manning.
Cool, I'll check it out.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
"wifom is best served in gallons" - Diiny
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 186

Post by Epignosis »

I once was bad and voted and ended the Day early. I got away with it until the recruiting faction outnumbered my faction and lynched me. :grin: :fist:

I'm still of the opinion that S~V~S didn't pull that stunt despite some evidence to the contrary. If she did, I would be surprised.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Enrique wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
bea wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:How about this for something completely different:

I'm not a townie. :faint:

I'm independent. I've been approved to say that.

Townies: lynching me does not help you win this game.

Baddies: killing me does not help you win this game.

Just leave me be and I'll play Mafia in peace. :noble:

Y'all should call me Prisoner 509378.

Before 80 people ask the same question: "Why did you decide to reveal this now, JJJ?"

~ Because these repeated night phases terrify me. If I am one of those poor people who is slaughtered, I'm screwed.
Well that's fun. I've seen first-hand in the game I hosted how helpful you can be to the town as an independent, so I'm comfortable leaving you alone for now. Hopefully more roles will become available and we can piece together what you are in the coming nights. After we lynch a few mafia, I'm going to entertain lynching you.

@ linki Matt - Lol @ Baseless. You have both provided plenty of reason for me to believe you're a baddie duo. I don't think voting Christmas is relevant at all to you and Scotty being buddies, but I'm still pretty sure you are.
Whyfore again? Just the bullet points please. I'm sorry - I'm a crap player who has limited time and honestly won't go back and reread. I know it's a thing I can't remember the deets. If it peaks my interest I will dig in more.

linki- stuff blowing up and I still am prolly 3 pages behind. I'm terminally in crackberry mode. lol.
Gonna try to speed this before update in case I'm dead.

- Day 0/1 Matt focusses on FS over Scotty despite suspecting both for same thing.

- Day 1 Matt considers voting for Goldy due to a suspicion on Scotty, rather than just voting Scotty.

- Day 2 Scotty questions if Matt has been silenced way early in the day (though he wasn't in the end so this one wasn't that big)

Post more in a sec if I'm alive, I think it's about update time and wanted to get this started.
- Day 2 I was trying to make a Scotty push, and Matt tossed out a throwaway vote on fingersplints. The night after, he began to suggest a Scotty lynch the following day. Looks like distancing imo, because why would Matt not be willing to vote Scotty with me Day 2 if the suspicion was legitimate?

- A minor one, but both players jumped to SVS's defense incredibly fast.

Some of this case is more of individual reads on them as well that make me think each is mafia by themselves too.

- Matt tried to dispel my whole argument about his willingness to vote Goldy over being suspicious of Scotty as a lie due to me using the word "likely" instead of the actual word "maybe". Discrediting the argument based on one word rather than answering it.

- Scotty has placed nothing but inactive player votes, despite his early-game comment of wanting to learn more based on how our lynches flip. First vote was for Goldy, who had zero posts, and his second vote was for leetic, who had in the single digits. He then after leetic died, assumed leetic was mafia, and was confident enough to build a case on me based upon an assumption of an inactive player's allegiance post death, so basically a roll of a dice.
This is all very good. Scotty focusing on inactive players is completely in character for him, but I also thought the assumption that leetic was bad was a huge stretch and definitely not something you can base a whole different case on.

My experience with Matt is he's zany but he's also usually bad. Now watch him stubbornly defend his votes and never come back to Scotty again.
Is it a huge stretch though? I think it is far less of a stretch than you think, what with him acting completely guilty by ignoring questions asked of him and abstaining from saving himself...but then I guess we are both entitled to our opinions. :llama:

The only concrete info we have in deaths right now is Quin, the bringer of Forever Night (tm), Erin, and Wilgy, our Creedy tracker. I'm trying to read between the lines here, but we had like 9 votes that were forced by Merideth on Day 2, nothing but SVS to go on for day 3, and day 1 im still not seeing patterns with.

Tomorrow, should I still be alive, I don't want to just focus on SVS, but hone in on those low posters, including you Enrique.
Epignosis wrote:I once was bad and voted and ended the Day early. I got away with it until the recruiting faction outnumbered my faction and lynched me. :grin: :fist:

I'm still of the opinion that S~V~S didn't pull that stunt despite some evidence to the contrary. If she did, I would be surprised.
OK, but my own point of contention is what could have made her do that. We just don't know and until the rest of the roles are revealed, the entire field is wet and matted.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote:
Epignosis wrote:I once was bad and voted and ended the Day early. I got away with it until the recruiting faction outnumbered my faction and lynched me. :grin: :fist:

OK, but my own point of contention is what could have made her do that. We just don't know and until the rest of the roles are revealed, the entire field is wet and matted.
Do you wait to act until you know one way or the other?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote:
Scotty wrote:

Do you wait to act until you know one way or the other?
I don't know. There's not that many roles left. Could be we'll always be stuck in WIFOM Disney World until she is voted out.

The thing that has my ears perked up is that there are too many people calling for her innocence (including me initially), and they can't all be baddies defending her.

Scotty
Jeff

Re: [DAY ONE] The Office Mafia

Post by Scotty »

hey timmer! I see you dropped in 1 vote for Dwight. Which means you're around. But this is all you've had to say so far about the past few nights:
timmer wrote:WTF?

First off, DOM!!!, can I request that the thread title be changed with each day/night to make it easier to follow what happened when? with everything sayingDay 1 it's hard to figure anything out in that regard, thanks!!!

I'll digest more of this later, but for now, I again say... WTF?
wtf indeed. Thoughts? Words? Onomatopoeias?

insertnamehere
Made Man
Posts in topic: 174

Post by insertnamehere »

voted Micheal + other.
I've fallen behind on the thread over the course of the last couple days. If I make it through the neverending night, I'll go back and catch up.
WILD AT HEART MAFIA
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=1679

Image Image Image
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Sorsha currently has 5 posts. This is her last:
Sorsha wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
G-Man wrote:Switched my vote to Quin
For the sake of a little
Certainty tonight
:suspish: :suspish: :suspish: :suspish: :suspish:
:eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye: :eye:

RIP Quin
There is a vote forcer in this game, a civ. When *I* am vote forced to vote for someone I don't think, or don't know, is bad, I generally vote not unlike G Man did. No one else was going to be lynched when he voted.

This lynch actually makes LC look better to me, and Faraday and Soneji worse. But I need to read again, you don't read as well when you are a bear. Big claws, small brain.
And the link back so you can read it in context: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 75#p260075

The highlighted section is referring to voting last minute.
What are your current thoughts based on what SVS has said?

Who else do you suspect right now?
indiglo wrote:Reading that post in context, I'm gathering that G-Man waited until the last possible minute to change his vote to where it was allegedly forced, and SVS saying that is how she would vote too if she were forced. Ie, wait until the last possible minute, so as not to begin a band wagon on someone who you don't know or don't think is bad.

Again, this jibes with what I know of SVS. We came up in a culture of non-changeable votes. Therefore we have ALWAYS been the type who hold our votes to as close to the end as we can. That early vote from her pings me the most. That's what makes me think she's quite possibly bad. It is just so opposite of her normal voting behavior. Whether she's forced to vote a certain way, or not, she's not an early voter unless she absolutely has to be (like, won't be here at EoD, etc).
What are you opinions since Jo was revealed, and SVS has responded to a myriad of concerns?
Who are your top baddie reads right now?

DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 315

Post by DrumBeats »

Scotty wrote:
Enrique wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
bea wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:

Before 80 people ask the same question: "Why did you decide to reveal this now, JJJ?"

~ Because these repeated night phases terrify me. If I am one of those poor people who is slaughtered, I'm screwed.
Well that's fun. I've seen first-hand in the game I hosted how helpful you can be to the town as an independent, so I'm comfortable leaving you alone for now. Hopefully more roles will become available and we can piece together what you are in the coming nights. After we lynch a few mafia, I'm going to entertain lynching you.

@ linki Matt - Lol @ Baseless. You have both provided plenty of reason for me to believe you're a baddie duo. I don't think voting Christmas is relevant at all to you and Scotty being buddies, but I'm still pretty sure you are.
Whyfore again? Just the bullet points please. I'm sorry - I'm a crap player who has limited time and honestly won't go back and reread. I know it's a thing I can't remember the deets. If it peaks my interest I will dig in more.

linki- stuff blowing up and I still am prolly 3 pages behind. I'm terminally in crackberry mode. lol.

- Day 0/1 Matt focusses on FS over Scotty despite suspecting both for same thing.

- Day 1 Matt considers voting for Goldy due to a suspicion on Scotty, rather than just voting Scotty.

- Day 2 Scotty questions if Matt has been silenced way early in the day (though he wasn't in the end so this one wasn't that big)

Post more in a sec if I'm alive, I think it's about update time and wanted to get this started.
- Day 2 I was trying to make a Scotty push, and Matt tossed out a throwaway vote on fingersplints. The night after, he began to suggest a Scotty lynch the following day. Looks like distancing imo, because why would Matt not be willing to vote Scotty with me Day 2 if the suspicion was legitimate?

Some of this case is more of individual reads on them as well that make me think each is mafia by themselves too.

- Matt tried to dispel my whole argument about his willingness to vote Goldy over being suspicious of Scotty as a lie due to me using the word "likely" instead of the actual word "maybe". Discrediting the argument based on one word rather than answering it.

- Scotty has placed nothing but inactive player votes, despite his early-game comment of wanting to learn more based on how our lynches flip. First vote was for Goldy, who had zero posts, and his second vote was for leetic, who had in the single digits. He then after leetic died, assumed leetic was mafia, and was confident enough to build a case on me based upon an assumption of an inactive player's allegiance post death, so basically a roll of a dice.
This is all very good. Scotty focusing on inactive players is completely in character for him, but I also thought the assumption that leetic was bad was a huge stretch and definitely not something you can base a whole different case on.

My experience with Matt is he's zany but he's also usually bad. Now watch him stubbornly defend his votes and never come back to Scotty again.
Is it a huge stretch though? I think it is far less of a stretch than you think, what with him acting completely guilty by ignoring questions asked of him and abstaining from saving himself...but then I guess we are both entitled to our opinions. :llama:

The only concrete info we have in deaths right now is Quin, the bringer of Forever Night (tm), Erin, and Wilgy, our Creedy tracker. I'm trying to read between the lines here, but we had like 9 votes that were forced by Merideth on Day 2, nothing but SVS to go on for day 3, and day 1 im still not seeing patterns with.

Tomorrow, should I still be alive, I don't want to just focus on SVS, but hone in on those low posters, including you Enrique.

There's enough information out there that honing in on low posters will do absolutely nothing for us. Just more gamble lynches that will likely end badly and make us lose. Name your top three suspects who are not low posters.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I've been hosting nonstop since October, and every single game had low posters on the bad team(s).
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 123

Post by S~V~S »

Every game probably had low posters on the civvie team,too.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

I'm sure there is at least one. But I also think it's much more of a gamble to guess which one than it is to lynch players for their behavior right now. It's straight up not practical for where we're at in the game.

SVS, Matt, and Scotry are all likely to flip scum imo. Choosing a low-poster just makes it a complete roll of the dice. We have plenty of suspicious people posting, why not focus on them for a while?
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress
Posts in topic: 20

Post by Spacedaisy »

Enrique wrote:
Spacedaisy wrote:
Epignosis wrote:Holly – Holly is just as weird as Michael, but more balanced. If she is killed, two days will follow. If she is lynched, two nights will follow.
I know I am way behind and perhaps this has already been said, but judging from that role, I would call Holly a civ. why are we calling her bad?
Matt wrote:Like, can no one else think that maybe SVS put in her vote, and there was a baddie around who ended the day early just to set up SVS in case Quin came back good?

Has that crossed no one's mind? Deerp.
"In case Quin came back good?" You're bad, aren't you Matt? If the baddies ended the day on Quin who was civ, then I'm sure they knew how Quin would flip, seeing as how she was not on their team.
Matt wrote:Lol. I see the irony btw of me sticking up for SVS against very new and recent accusations that I should give her time to answer herself.

-1 to Matt
Yeah, that was going to be my next thought, why give her answers, let her defend herself. Is it because you know how she will flip and you are trying to buy some civ cred?
Scotty wrote:
Matt wrote:Does anyone else want to give SVS the benefit of the doubt here? I mean, you don't think she'd be a little more subtle about outright killing a civilian?
I'd like to keep the discussion going on more than her, because I'm not sold she is responsible.

But I am looking at JJJ and Drumbeats for immediately jumping on her as 100% bad.
So much this. For two guys who analyze the shit out of everything and everyone, you jumped to quick and certain conclusions here.

On reading further I see now that Jay did come the conclusion based on analysis. I'm just not sure I agree with the conclusion, but I can see where his thinking is coming from, consider my suspicion slightly lessened.
S~V~S wrote:I did not mean to use the word forcer; what I meant to say was day ender. That was a poor choice of words and I am half awake so not sure why I used that word.
I was not inclined to suspect you until this post. Civs don't usually feel that concerned about their choice of words as much as baddies do, are you afraid you let something slip you shouldn't have?
S~V~S wrote:
Serge wrote:SVS's role could might as well be a townie role. Erin's role to stop a lynch is almost the opposite of this role.

SVS, do you deny the allegations?
I deny them categorically. I am not on any team. I did not knowingly have anything to do with Quins death. Doing what I did would be the stupidest move in the world on my part if I knew what was going to happen.

Would ANY of you have done that knowingly?

But I am okay with getting lynched if need be. I think the town could gain some benefit from it.
I find this mildly concerning as well, everyone is on a team unless they are independent, are you claiming independent? This looks a bit like an attempt to cheat an LD. I would only say mildly concerning though because it is followed by another statement that would seem less likely to be able to cheat an LD...
S~V~S wrote:I am appalled that anyone thinks I am enough of an idiot to do this. I mean, I can be an idiot, but I am a player whose best use to a bad team is via manipulation & talking in thread, not out of self sacrifice. But whatevs, if you want to lynch me Drum, go for it. You will be dissappointed if you really expect me to flip bad.

Also, re the use of the word "forced"; has it occurred to you that I am not allowed to directly say I was targeted?

What other factual checkable statement would you like me to make?

Linki @Faraday, what do you think of my factual remarks? We have 2 nights in a row for Pam to check me. What factual questions would you like to ask me?
Here is the sticking point for me, this kind of play would be out of character for SVS. She is super careful about not revealing her identity through times she posts and who might see her and so forth. In BSG she would barely ever post as Cavil in our chat thread because she knew mods can see who is online, even when invisible. We don't use it to our advantage, but she knew I could see it so rather than risk possibly giving anything away, she rarely even posted until she knew I was on her team. And SVS is not one to go against her meta, especially where caution is concerned. I know this is something that people can change up, but I don't see this being something she would ever WANT to change up for any reason. She is fairly risk averse and doesn't sacrifice a teammate unless she has to. I can't reconcile that to the theory put forward here.
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:Another thought:

~ The advantage gained for the baddies in this situation is diminished some if there are multiple baddie teams (assuming the Syndicate norm for alternating night kills is maintained). The baddies in general enjoy an advantage, but the individual teams not as much. Indeed they might threaten one another additionally in this situation. I think the leetic/Elohcin kills might be a sign of multiple baddie teams -- I thought they both leaned toward the side of badness, perhaps even as team mates.
I disagree, I think we have a baddie team and a SK (probably Scranton Strangler)
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Scotty wrote:I think DB jumping on SVS right out of the gate is opportunism. I acknowledge that literally anyone could have done it, but his doing so and his continual push that she is definitely bad has me thinking the opposite.
I'll let DB answer to the accusation of opportunism, as well as the other things you've asserted. I'll propose a separate point:

I see culture clash. A few Syndicateers see this and their instinctive reaction is "why the eff would a baddie ever do this?"

That's not my reaction at all. I was brought up elsewhere. DB was brought up elsewhere, and Bulbagarden's games are a lot more like RYM's than they are like The Syndicate's. I think that breeds a certain type of player base, and where he comes from I bet this stuff isn't so absurd as some people here seem to think it is. On RYM this wouldn't even be a surprising gambit, it'd be ordinary.
I can understand the benefit and acknowledge the possibility in theory, I can't see it being something SVS would ever do though. She isn't from RYM Or Bulbagarden, andante is something that comes very difficult to SVS especially when they are deeply held ideas like her cautious tendencies.

Conclusion to my massive post:
I don't suspect SVS
I do suspect Matt
I don't suspect Drumbeats or Jay atm.

Getting on a plane now, voting Christmas.
This post feels concerningly diplomatic. Everyone, you're right but you're wrong. I don't suspect you, but I could. This is a problem, but not for me. That and the use cliches such as "civs don't care about their words!" and "everyone is on a team" makes me worried that this post is more about itself than it is about any of the people being discussed. It's just... predictable and vapid.

It was not intended to be diplomatic it was me giving my thoughts literally as I was having them reading the thread. It was an unfiltered view of me trying to decide where I fell on the topic a d my immediate response to posts I was reading. Additionally, you present it like I gave no hard and fast reads which is not the case. By the end I made decisions about who I suspect reading all that. I also would like to say that you calling my thought process "vapid" is extremely insulting to me. Thanks so much for that.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrumBeats wrote:I'm sure there is at least one. But I also think it's much more of a gamble to guess which one than it is to lynch players for their behavior right now. It's straight up not practical for where we're at in the game.

SVS, Matt, and Scotry are all likely to flip scum imo. Choosing a low-poster just makes it a complete roll of the dice. We have plenty of suspicious people posting, why not focus on them for a while?
What do you think I look for in low posters? Low posts?
No, it's all about their behavior to a point. Their votes, their nonchalance/intensity and reasoning for voting. It's not just a "complete roll of the dice". It's rolling the dice on SVS too. Doesn't mean you don't have conviction about it.

I'm trying to get more out of low posters- yes, the more they talk the better I can base an case around them. I'm not disputing that. But to say I'm a slave to the dice is wrong. Which is why I didn't feel bad in voting for leetic, and why I'm still thinking he was bad. He was around. He was asked questions that he never answered to. He came on at the end to vote for himself and yet didn't say why. Could be he was silenced, I suppose, but he wasn't silenced before adding fluff about Elo.

Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Additionally drumbeats, I find it very interesting that you question me feeling bad about one of her posts because it looks like it could be trying to cheat an LD, when you yourself make ot after past analyzing every statement she made for that exact thing.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Spacedaisy
Spectral Enchantress

Post by Spacedaisy »

Wait, it was enrique that said it, and drumbeats that agreed with it. Still think it is hypocritical of you.
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrumBeats wrote: There's enough information out there that honing in on low posters will do absolutely nothing for us. Just more gamble lynches that will likely end badly and make us lose. Name your top three suspects who are not low posters.
Well that's hardly fair. There's only a handful of us. I'm back and forth between you/SVS. I guess I wouldn't be opposed to an SVS lynch.
Then Epi and Matt.

But how do you define a low-poster? Everyone living is a lower poster than you. timmer has 30 posts, though I'd still consider him a low poster to an extent.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote:
DrumBeats wrote: There's enough information out there that honing in on low posters will do absolutely nothing for us. Just more gamble lynches that will likely end badly and make us lose. Name your top three suspects who are not low posters.
Well that's hardly fair. There's only a handful of us. I'm back and forth between you/SVS. I guess I wouldn't be opposed to an SVS lynch.
Then Epi and Matt.

But how do you define a low-poster? Everyone living is a lower poster than you. timmer has 30 posts, though I'd still consider him a low poster to an extent.
Why is Matt third on your list?
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Scotty wrote:
Then Epi and Matt.

If Drumbeats says there is any information that says I am bad, as opposed to opinion, he is dead wrong. Since I am not bad.

Bad: Epignosis

Not Bad: Me
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Quin »

Scotty wrote:
Enrique wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
bea wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:

I want this as my new title. Mods, make it happen!
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

Epignosis wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Then Epi and Matt.

Sorry, I lumped both of you together. There's no real order.

I want to see more spunk from you.

Or...not spunk, that's the wrong word. More follow-through. Your game feels too safe. I can't put my finger on it.

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Scotty wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Then Epi and Matt.

Sorry, I lumped both of you together. There's no real order.

I want to see more spunk from you.

Or...not spunk, that's the wrong word. More follow-through. Your game feels too safe. I can't put my finger on it.
Pervert.
S~V~S
Captain Obvious

Post by S~V~S »

Quin wrote:
Consider it done, oh Bringer!
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 140

Post by Quin »

S~V~S wrote:
Quin wrote:
Consider it done, oh Bringer!
thank
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Enrique »

:( SD. I had second thoughts about that word, but what I meant is that it came off shallow and disingineuous (artificial, fabricated, whatever). It just looks like it's trying to check every box, you know? You have considered this and that, but arrived at [inoffensive conclusion]. Yeah you go through a whole justification process, but the whole time it looks like you KNOW where you're going. One second 3J and DB are suspicious, and you immediately let them off the hook. You nitpick SVS' posts, but it never looks like you're steering from "SVS would never do that". It feels redundant, like the post only exists for reference and not because you care what the outcome is.

I don't know, and I recognize I could be wrong, but that's what it looked like to me. Sorry I was a dick about it, I'm just tryna' catch some baddies.
ImageImageImageImage
Enrique
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 62

Post by Enrique »

voted gabe and other bc yea
ImageImageImageImage
indiglo
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 73

Post by indiglo »

I am ready to start reading page 29, so am not caught up. With that said, here are my thoughts so far, apologies if these things have already been said.

3J - strange little gambit there (the whole indy thing), I suppose that may be the last time you attempt it. :haha: RIP :rip:

Regarding the double Eloh/Leetic night death, this role may be plausible (not sure who between them would have been Todd though):

Todd Packer – Todd is volatile and if he is killed at night, he take his killer down with him. If he is lynched, he will take one of his voters down with him.

Also, I voted Ryan and Dwight in the poll. Ryan, because I felt bad that there were no votes for him, and Dwight because I like the name Dwight. :beer:

I'll try to do a bit of catching up, but don't have a ton of time tonight.
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

After reading page 29, I have changed my votes to Gabe and OTHER. :beer:
Epignosis wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 3:10 pm Really, this is all just a glamorous game- nothing more.

XOXO Epi Girl
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Spacedaisy wrote:Wait, it was enrique that said it, and drumbeats that agreed with it. Still think it is hypocritical of you.
I liked his read on you being overly diplomatic, I did not find anything wrong with your thought that SVS looked like she was trying to cheat the lie detector.
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Scotty wrote:Sorsha currently has 5 posts. This is her last:
Sorsha wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
For the sake of a little
Certainty tonight

RIP Quin
There is a vote forcer in this game, a civ. When *I* am vote forced to vote for someone I don't think, or don't know, is bad, I generally vote not unlike G Man did. No one else was going to be lynched when he voted.

This lynch actually makes LC look better to me, and Faraday and Soneji worse. But I need to read again, you don't read as well when you are a bear. Big claws, small brain.
And the link back so you can read it in context: http://www.mafiathesyndicate.com/viewto ... 75#p260075

indiglo wrote:Reading that post in context, I'm gathering that G-Man waited until the last possible minute to change his vote to where it was allegedly forced, and SVS saying that is how she would vote too if she were forced. Ie, wait until the last possible minute, so as not to begin a band wagon on someone who you don't know or don't think is bad.

Again, this jibes with what I know of SVS. We came up in a culture of non-changeable votes. Therefore we have ALWAYS been the type who hold our votes to as close to the end as we can. That early vote from her pings me the most. That's what makes me think she's quite possibly bad. It is just so opposite of her normal voting behavior. Whether she's forced to vote a certain way, or not, she's not an early voter unless she absolutely has to be (like, won't be here at EoD, etc).
What are you opinions since Jo was revealed, and SVS has responded to a myriad of concerns?
Sorry buddy, I am out of town this weekend (Thursday-Sunday) with very limited internet time. Plus my brain is fried from working all day. I am trying to get caught up on the thread tonight at least, and will post all thoughts as I have them. But I'm not sure I'll be able to get real good Day Time thoughts until I get home and my schedule relaxes a bit. (Day Time thoughts = reads, cases, etc.) I'm still on the fence about SVS. I can see both sides of the argument, and all the round and round doesn't help my brain. It comes down to, do I believe her or not. And I'm just still not sure.

I did have another Night Time thought though. If we assume that the Eloh/Leetic double NK was related to Todd... could the civ ninja (who's name I've forgotten) have killed 3J due to his nutty gambit of claiming indy? Or was that definitely a baddie NK?

XOXO Epi Girl
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Scotty wrote:
Then Epi and Matt.

I think it's plenty fair, there are a ton of players in this game and a decent amount of middle-to-high posters. Three isn't a hard number to name. I agree that Epi is suspicious as well. A lot of posts with very little actual discussion imo.

I'd define it right now as the group of people who are straight up barely here. Sorsha, Spacedaisy, Enrique at least. LoRab, timmer, and bea are borderline imo. Maybe juliets too, but thats a recent sub. How do you define it, and which among them are your top suspects?
indiglo
Money Launderer

Post by indiglo »

Caught up on the thread for now, and I need to log off. Sorry for being lame this weekend. This is certainly not how I prefer to mafia... but... life and such. :beer:

XOXO Epi Girl
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

indiglo wrote:I am ready to start reading page 29, so am not caught up. With that said, here are my thoughts so far, apologies if these things have already been said.

3J - strange little gambit there (the whole indy thing), I suppose that may be the last time you attempt it. :haha: RIP :rip:

Regarding the double Eloh/Leetic night death, this role may be plausible (not sure who between them would have been Todd though):

Todd Packer – Todd is volatile and if he is killed at night, he take his killer down with him. If he is lynched, he will take one of his voters down with him.

Also, I voted Ryan and Dwight in the poll. Ryan, because I felt bad that there were no votes for him, and Dwight because I like the name Dwight. :beer:

My first guess as to the Packer situation is that I don't think it was Eloh, mostly because I think if the vigilante still had a shot, SVS would be dead by now. Additionally, with how inactive leetic was, I'm not sure he would've submitted a kill action, which would trigger the bomb. Then again, he did submit a vote, so maybe, I just doubt it.

Maybe leetic was Packer, but at the same time I don't see the mafia killing leetic when he was an incredibly easy lynch to push.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrumBeats wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Then Epi and Matt.

I think it's plenty fair, there are a ton of players in this game and a decent amount of middle-to-high posters. Three isn't a hard number to name. I agree that Epi is suspicious as well. A lot of posts with very little actual discussion imo.

I'd define it right now as the group of people who are straight up barely here. Sorsha, Spacedaisy, Enrique at least. LoRab, timmer, and bea are borderline imo. Maybe juliets too, but thats a recent sub. How do you define it, and which among them are your top suspects?
I'm always suspicious. It's my thing.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

indiglo wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
For the sake of a little
Certainty tonight

RIP Quin

Sorry buddy, I am out of town this weekend (Thursday-Sunday) with very limited internet time. Plus my brain is fried from working all day. I am trying to get caught up on the thread tonight at least, and will post all thoughts as I have them. But I'm not sure I'll be able to get real good Day Time thoughts until I get home and my schedule relaxes a bit. (Day Time thoughts = reads, cases, etc.) I'm still on the fence about SVS. I can see both sides of the argument, and all the round and round doesn't help my brain. It comes down to, do I believe her or not. And I'm just still not sure.

I did have another Night Time thought though. If we assume that the Eloh/Leetic double NK was related to Todd... could the civ ninja (who's name I've forgotten) have killed 3J due to his nutty gambit of claiming indy? Or was that definitely a baddie NK?
That would be possible, but then we would have to wonder what happened to the mafia's NK. Definitely worth considering, but regardless I'm inclined to believe that 3J was indeed an independent.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Epignosis wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Then Epi and Matt.

I don't really know on that one cause the only other game I've played with you, you were a confirmed civ after a day one mislynch :shrug:
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrumBeats wrote:
indiglo wrote:I am ready to start reading page 29, so am not caught up. With that said, here are my thoughts so far, apologies if these things have already been said.

My first guess as to the Packer situation is that I don't think it was Eloh, mostly because I think if the vigilante still had a shot, SVS would be dead by now. Additionally, with how inactive leetic was, I'm not sure he would've submitted a kill action, which would trigger the bomb. Then again, he did submit a vote, so maybe, I just doubt it.

Maybe leetic was Packer, but at the same time I don't see the mafia killing leetic when he was an incredibly easy lynch to push.
You are amazingly short-sighted.
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

DrumBeats wrote:
Epignosis wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Then Epi and Matt.

I don't really know on that one cause the only other game I've played with you, you were a confirmed civ after a day one mislynch :shrug:
And yet, not at all a confirmed "civ" after Day 1, given how many people still wanted to lynch me. :disappoint:
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrumBeats wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Then Epi and Matt.

if i cant remember the last time they posted or the content they included, that's generally going to be a low poster for me. In the context of this game, it's not as big or heavy-handed as others, so there's going to be a more lax definition. TH has been pretty active since coming in, which is nice, but I'd probably use 30 posts or so as a good line right now. You mentioned timmer, who has 30 posts. That makes timmer, splints, bea, LoRab, Enrique, DFaraday, SpaceDaisy, espers, Sorsha, and juliets as potential low posters. Which is over half of our current population. So im a little limited there, hombre.

Sorsha
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 22

Post by Sorsha »

Sorsha wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
For the sake of a little
Certainty tonight

RIP Quin

One thing nagging me about SVS's response is this post:
S~V~S wrote:I am appalled that anyone thinks I am enough of an idiot to do this. I mean, I can be an idiot, but I am a player whose best use to a bad team is via manipulation & talking in thread, not out of self sacrifice. But whatevs, if you want to lynch me Drum, go for it. You will be dissappointed if you really expect me to flip bad.

Also, re the use of the word "forced"; has it occurred to you that I am not allowed to directly say I was targeted?

What other factual checkable statement would you like me to make?

Linki @Faraday, what do you think of my factual remarks? We have 2 nights in a row for Pam to check me. What factual questions would you like to ask me?
Making it out that anyone who suspects her thinks she's an idiot when no one who has played with her would really think that. It's been pointed out already that it wouldn't be an idiotic move, trading one mafia life for what amounts to four civ's is a decent trade off.

I feel like I'm 51/49 in favor of lynching her. To me it comes down to a mafia gambit with SVS in on it or a mafia gambit that was relying on a bit of luck- with someone who could end day early around at the right time. A third option could be a civ ended the day early who thought Quin was bad but his claim makes me think that is really unlikely.

Another suspicion I have is inh- I want to look over his and jjj's conversation again. I only skimmed it so far but I wasn't getting great feelings about inh from it. Seemed like he kinda faded to the back ground since the Quin lynch but I think he would be my #2 pick for lynch. His mea culpa post didn't give me the same change of heart it did to jjj.

Also TurnipHead. His constant defense of SVS reminds me of AWR when we had quite a few circumstantial pieces of evidence that SVS was bad and he still refused to believe it. (She was bad, so were TH and I, on the opposite team, ftr). I'll be keeping an eye on him for now, if SVS were lynched and came back civ he would jump up to #1 for me.

I'll try to be back around later to give my thoughts on others but I'm at work now so don't hold your breath. If anyone has any specific player they want my thoughts on let me know.

voting Gabe and other
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

@ Epi - Last time I was this short-sighted was about the Process in Transistor, and I was in the right ballpark there :nicenod:

But really, I could see Eloh being Packer, but I've got a gut feeling that that was not the case. I've played with leetic many times, and he accidentally idles his actions at night fairly often. I just don't find it likely that he submitted the scum team kill. He might've done it, but I personally don't think so.

Also, I just noticed about my suspicion on Matt for the clarification of the day number that Jo isn't the only only odd nighted role on the list right now. Stanley also fits into this category, so that reasoning was off. Still could be true, but it isn't as clear cut as I thought it was. My bad there.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Scotty wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Then Epi and Matt.

if i cant remember the last time they posted or the content they included, that's generally going to be a low poster for me. In the context of this game, it's not as big or heavy-handed as others, so there's going to be a more lax definition. TH has been pretty active since coming in, which is nice, but I'd probably use 30 posts or so as a good line right now. You mentioned timmer, who has 30 posts. That makes timmer, splints, bea, LoRab, Enrique, DFaraday, SpaceDaisy, espers, Sorsha, and juliets as potential low posters. Which is over half of our current population. So im a little limited there, hombre.
Oh wow, I didn't actually realize we had that many low posters. Not thrilled with it at all. I would guess there's 2-3 mafia in that group of ten. Which of them do you find most suspicious?
Scotty
Jeff

Post by Scotty »

DrumBeats wrote:
Scotty wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Then Epi and Matt.

Oh wow, I didn't actually realize we had that many low posters. Not thrilled with it at all. I would guess there's 2-3 mafia in that group of ten. Which of them do you find most suspicious?
Why 2-3? How many mafia members do you think there are?

Or...do you know how many there are? :dark:

I'm gonna start out with timmer. I don't like any of his posts of late- theyre mostly forgettable and lacking of...something.

DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Scotty wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
Scotty wrote:
DrumBeats wrote:
Scotty wrote:
Then Epi and Matt.

Why 2-3? How many mafia members do you think there are?

Or...do you know how many there are? :dark:

I'm gonna start out with timmer. I don't like any of his posts of late- theyre mostly forgettable and lacking of...something.
2-3 just sounds right for that group imo. Usually I see a 4:1 civ to mafia ratio in games so 2 would seem like the most likely number for any group of people. I said 2-3 because lying low is such an easy scum tactic that I could see it being a little bit over.

My guess for how many mafia members we have is probably 5-6. If we look back on the former list of characters that Dom put up (and said is outdated)
Dom wrote:
The Office
There's Been A Murder¡

All powers secret.

Civilians (19):
Michael
Jim
Dwight
Pam
Ryan
Stanley
Phyllis
Andy
Angela
Creed
Kelly
Kevin
Darryl
Meredith
Oscar
Erin
Holly
Toby
Nellie

Corporate (5):
David Wallace
Jo
Jan
Gabe
Robert California

Weirdos + Karen (5):
Packer
Karen
Roy
Moze
Nate

The SCRANTON STRANGLER (1)
There were five then. We know that at least one of the "Weirdos + Karen" group is in the civilian category now. It wouldn't surprise me if that group was split up into civs and mafia.

Noted about timmer. The one I suspect most is Lorab. One mechanics-based suspicion on Quin, who happened to be the person who the mafia benefitted from lynching. I also don't like Lorab's thoughts on SVS because they seem forced regardless of how SVS flips. Acknowledges how SVS is capable of a gambit like this, but then says probably not because SVS announced the vote rather than silently voting (which would be a terrible move for ScumVS).
Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

I'd like to hear your method for finding mafia in low-posters, DrumBeats.
DrumBeats
Corrupt Union Official

Post by DrumBeats »

Epignosis wrote:I'd like to hear your method for finding mafia in low-posters, DrumBeats.
Honestly, other than looking at what little they've posted, its a tough thing to do. I offered my opinion about which of the low-posters I found most suspicious as well, I just wanted to hear his first.
Turnip Head
Root Vegetable
Posts in topic: 183
Preferred Pronouns: they/their

Post by Turnip Head »

Matt, Epi, Lorab, Scotty. Them's the suspects. Likely in that order.

In case I die tonight, I'm not Pam and I know nothing.

Return to “Previous Jobs”