LittleTiger
38%
Mongoose
25%
Roxy
No votes
S~V~S
No votes
Your Little Brother (The Host, The Mod, The Non)
38%

Total votes: 8
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 171

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [Night 5]

Post by Hedgeowl »

Vompatti wrote:I feel turely bad for Elo for two (2) reasons. :(

And.... :shrug:

Also, I agree Mongoose. This is starting to feel very much headed in the direction of Thomas. A fresh unbiased start is what I was attempting with rereads, but then everyone starts to look like mafia sometimes.
Turnip Head wrote: We need to lynch Pennsylvania Bitch.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 151

Post by Vompatti »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Vompatti wrote:I feel turely bad for Elo for two (2) reasons. :(

And.... :shrug:
One of them is obvious and the other one may or may not have already been hinted at on the thread, but alas! I'm allowed to say no more. :sigh:
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [Day 5]

Post by Tangrowth »

S~V~S wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Crap, I almost missed the vote - left it too late. I was persuaded by Russti et al. to rethink my previous kowtowing and examine others.

Got yoga now so I'll see you guys in a few hours.
Kowtowing?

You had good reason to think I was civ.

Like I said, I this game makes me sad, it is so obviously being run by baddies, but the mechanics are too complex for the 15 mins a day i allotted myself for a speed game. So this is my bad, no one elses, obv.
S~V~S, I would appreciate your thoughts; if you believe it's being run by baddies, who are you eyeballing?

Also, I am not necessarily crusading you are baddie or anything. My gut still says you've been playing a civvie game (which is what I said in my previous post). But I've read you wrong before many times, and I'll admit it, and obviously we've been on the long track for a while here.

I think it's a bit weird I even mentioned BWT as possibly being the most blendy player here and still no one seems to want to talk about him. My thoughts on him are completely 0; I have no idea about him. That's weird.

Mongoose wrote:I think this has taught us all that we need to examine everyone again. Trust no one. People you think are civ probably aren't and vice versa. As much as possible, I am going to try to start everyone with a clean slate and get fresh perceptions from there.

I think we need to trust our gut with who we suspect too. Cause just because SVS voted for Elo and Elo was civ doesn't auto make her bad. My gut instinct at the beginning was that you were civ, so I will be revisiting that.

I don't expect y'all to let me off the hook either.

Tomorrow I am going to re-read this entire thread (time permitting) with my perceptions of everyone set at zero. I don't want to get blinders on about people, but I also hate it when I am swayed to case I am not entirely buying into and then am wrong.

I have some lovely pinot right now so I am either making tons of sense or way less sense than I think (like normal).

And to all a good night.
You have to entirely consider that anyone could be lying about any claim they've made in thread, so I don't understand why certain players were/are so willing to make conclusions that are completely solid based off of those. Sure, there are conclusions to be made, but was it Hedge that said she trusted you and Vomps because you both said you had items? While that was logical, there are likely things in this game we don't even know about, so even while certain claims or observations may seem they should be trusted, the name of the game is skepticism.

I look forward to hearing your thoughts. I'd love to do the same thing myself, BUT, I am still hosting and I have a game on RM where I'm behind every single page. :sigh:
Tangrowth
Don Emeritum
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: they/any
Aka: tangy

Post by Tangrowth »

I am starting to wonder if the players that are oft not discussed might be ones that the mafia have avoided drumming up suspicion on: BWT, Hedgeowl (except my lone Day 1 vote of her), Mongoose... etc. I don't have anything to back that up, but it's something to consider.

I think if we look at voting history and posts regarding those votes (attempting to be a chameleon, latching onto others' suspicions), the fact that I just alluded above, and overall tone/content of that person's posts who fits those criteria, that we would be likely to find a baddie that way. I think that's what I'll be doing for Day 6. I probably will be busy today, but I'll have some time (which I should spend studying and doing other things, but...), so I'll see what I can come up with doing that as well.
Mongoose
Your Neighborhood Friendly Mongoose
Posts in topic: 228
Preferred Pronouns: She/her/hers
Aka: Alison

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [Day 5]

Post by Mongoose »

MovingPictures07 wrote:
S~V~S wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Crap, I almost missed the vote - left it too late. I was persuaded by Russti et al. to rethink my previous kowtowing and examine others.

Got yoga now so I'll see you guys in a few hours.
Kowtowing?

You had good reason to think I was civ.

Like I said, I this game makes me sad, it is so obviously being run by baddies, but the mechanics are too complex for the 15 mins a day i allotted myself for a speed game. So this is my bad, no one elses, obv.
S~V~S, I would appreciate your thoughts; if you believe it's being run by baddies, who are you eyeballing?

Also, I am not necessarily crusading you are baddie or anything. My gut still says you've been playing a civvie game (which is what I said in my previous post). But I've read you wrong before many times, and I'll admit it, and obviously we've been on the long track for a while here.

I think it's a bit weird I even mentioned BWT as possibly being the most blendy player here and still no one seems to want to talk about him. My thoughts on him are completely 0; I have no idea about him. That's weird.

I would definitely love to him more analysis about BTW even if anyone has time.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
reywaS
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 1

Post by reywaS »

Drive by.

Some day, Some day
Some day I'll, I wanna wear a starry crown
Russtifinko
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 53
Preferred Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Russtifinko »

Ok, I read over BWT, since MP and 'Goose brought him up. Starting with votes: he missed the Day 1 poll. He was very uncertain about who to vote on Day 1, and his last post before the poll ended was that it "seems a bit early for a vote". His next post, on Night 1, said that he had been busy with work and a cold and needed to catch up. From that point on he's voted twice for Lizzy and in the two most recent polls for Elo.

His World Poll behavior is a bit strange. I and others called LT out for voting Desert World when the Desert King, agleam, was dead. Turns out BWT did the same thing, on Day 2. I don't know how I missed that.

Another interesting point: in the Coin Poll, he gave coins to me, Elo, and our two dead confirmed civs, Snowie and agleam. He got coins from Snowie and Roxy. Elo has now flipped civ as well. That could be him having good instincts, or knowing who is civ and voting their way to get civvie cred. I just thought it was strange that on Day 2 he wanted to give Elo coins for civvieness, but on Day 4 and 5 he was convinced she was bad. I know opinions change in mafia, and he posted that he was convinced in part by MP pulling Elo's quotes about being civ and happy to be seen as civ.

I really couldn't find anything in his posts to use as evidence that he's either good or bad. You can all read yourselves, but besides what I put in quotation marks above there doesn't seem to be anything worth pulling. You could call that blendy, but the general tone to me seems to be that he's asking questions and trying to generate discussion.

In short, I'm undecided on him for now. Nothing sticks out as insanely suspicious. As with LT, I think the Desert vote alone is a somewhat weak ping, but I'll be keeping it in mind. I always have a general sense that BWT is probably bad, which may not be fair to him, but in most games we've played together that feeling has been right. However, he does seem to be keeping up with the game more than usual (since Day 1, anyway).

Anyone else care to read back and supplement my opinion? He's kind of got me at a loss.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

I will have more time tomorrow to do another analysis. Thank you Russ for taking the time for that analysis on bwt. I really haven't had much of a feeling for him this game, but blendy is definitely one way to describe his play style. Would of course like to hear his response to some of your comments.

To address MP's questions about my trying to establish Mongoose and vomps as civ. This was done purely for myself to seek help in analysis of players. Notice how neither one of them has done this however. Vomps wanted me to be sure I knew it was because he was lazy and not bad. Havet seen analysis from Mongoose yet. This is the first game where I starting to wonder if she is bad and not civ. someone had to win the suit, so it was risky if vomps was lying. The pwing she claimed we would have no way of checking however. The key is that Mongoose and Vomps were removed from the lynch with LT, so there has to be a reason.

While this may be strange to mp because they can lie about it, I think this logic is better than some of our gut feelings, because as SVS said the baddies are clearly controlling this game so far or letting us go go in the wrong direction and jumping on board.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 45

Post by birdwithteeth11 »

Responses here will be in blue:
Russtifinko wrote:Ok, I read over BWT, since MP and 'Goose brought him up. Starting with votes: he missed the Day 1 poll. He was very uncertain about who to vote on Day 1, and his last post before the poll ended was that it "seems a bit early for a vote". His next post, on Night 1, said that he had been busy with work and a cold and needed to catch up. From that point on he's voted twice for Lizzy and in the two most recent polls for Elo.

I still have an eye on Lizzy, but given how sure I was about Elo when I voted for her the last 2 times (and given how wrong I was), I feel like I need to have an eye on everyone else who is still alive. Because my train of thought so far has been wrong and clearly I need to re-examine where I'm looking because of my tunnel vision.

His World Poll behavior is a bit strange. I and others called LT out for voting Desert World when the Desert King, agleam, was dead. Turns out BWT did the same thing, on Day 2. I don't know how I missed that.

My main reason is that I have been trying to go in order of the worlds in Super Mario Bros. 3 (while avoiding Water and Dark until the very end). So that's my justification for that.

Another interesting point: in the Coin Poll, he gave coins to me, Elo, and our two dead confirmed civs, Snowie and agleam. He got coins from Snowie and Roxy. Elo has now flipped civ as well. That could be him having good instincts, or knowing who is civ and voting their way to get civvie cred. I just thought it was strange that on Day 2 he wanted to give Elo coins for civvieness, but on Day 4 and 5 he was convinced she was bad. I know opinions change in mafia, and he posted that he was convinced in part by MP pulling Elo's quotes about being civ and happy to be seen as civ.

The reason my opinion changed was because I felt Elo was relying too much on the "I'm a civvie everyone, believe me" defense and the way she started going after LT hard. Even when I felt LT had justifiable reasons for her behavior and absence at the time. That was what made me feel okay with voting for her the last 2 days.

I really couldn't find anything in his posts to use as evidence that he's either good or bad. You can all read yourselves, but besides what I put in quotation marks above there doesn't seem to be anything worth pulling. You could call that blendy, but the general tone to me seems to be that he's asking questions and trying to generate discussion.

I hate the fact that I seem to appear bad to a lot of people in every game I play (I know MP says he gets pinged by me at least once in every game we're in together). I don't know if it's because I say or do odd things or if it's just my general playstyle. But I've tried a bit harder by asking more questions and trying to generate discussion because I feel a baddie would not be interested in doing those things. And I have refrained from doing them as a baddie many times.

In short, I'm undecided on him for now. Nothing sticks out as insanely suspicious. As with LT, I think the Desert vote alone is a somewhat weak ping, but I'll be keeping it in mind. I always have a general sense that BWT is probably bad, which may not be fair to him, but in most games we've played together that feeling has been right. However, he does seem to be keeping up with the game more than usual (since Day 1, anyway).

Anyone else care to read back and supplement my opinion? He's kind of got me at a loss.
Hopefully some of my explanations clear up your opinion on me. And I will gladly field any other concerns or questions the rest of you may have about me.

Linki: Hopefully this addresses some points for you too, Hedgeowl.

I agree that the baddies are clearly running the show. Hence why I'm trying to start over at square one and have a clear idea on most or all of you by the time the next lynch comes around.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

hi guys. I know I am usually omnipresent, but I've got an exceedingly banal reason for not doing my assignment -- my husband is bogarting the computer. He usually tapes his radio shows on thurs, but it has been moved up to Sunday this week. I've been checking in here or there, but I'm not really able to do in depth analysis from my phone - not sure I can even copy/paste. This is actually taking forever to type. I'm super sorry if anyone feels I'm not pulling my weight, but I just don't have the tools at my disposal this weekend. I've not even had time to reread yet. Hoping to be a better ally on Monday.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Epignosis
Skeletor
Posts in topic: 172

Post by Epignosis »

Folks, I just got home. It's been a hell of a day. The bus wouldn't switch gears so we were stuck going about 30mph the rest of the way home. :(

I'll try to get things up.

Also, anyone who submitted a solution to the puzzle was correct and has ten coins more.
Stream my music for free: https://epignosis.bandcamp.com/
Epignosis
Skeletor

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [POLLS]

Post by Epignosis »

Which land of the Mushroom Kingdom will you visit next?

Desert
No votes

Water
Lizzy (9)
10%

Dark
Roxy (2), Mongoose (3), Vompatti (4), Russtifinko (5), LittleTiger (6), Bullzeye (7), Hedgeowl (8), MovingPictures07 (10)
80%

Brandy (The Host, the Dead, the Non)
Epignosis (1)
10%

Total votes : 10

Epignosis
Skeletor

Post by Epignosis »

Day 6: Dark Land

Enemies:

It is now Day 6. You have 24 hours to lynch someone.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Sweet, so no Night Kill for N5?

Dark Land; Bullet Bill cost them 80 coins to purchase! Its ability is Night Kills, so I guess we have two baddies killing us tonight.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

BWT, thanks for the response. Your reason for voting Desert Land actually makes me feel worse about you than before, but the rest of it is pretty much what I thought. As I said, I'm not sure on you yet, I'll just keep you in mind.

'Goose, I thought it was brought up before that Bowser's kill was probably a one-time thing? I lost that bit of the thread, though, so if someone could find it that'd be great. If so, then there will be only 1 baddie killing tomorrow night.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Elohcin »

I know this is late coming, but...Blast! When will I ever be trusted? I hate that I'm out so early again. Maybe I will be back :)
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Russtifinko wrote:BWT, thanks for the response. Your reason for voting Desert Land actually makes me feel worse about you than before, but the rest of it is pretty much what I thought. As I said, I'm not sure on you yet, I'll just keep you in mind.

'Goose, I thought it was brought up before that Bowser's kill was probably a one-time thing? I lost that bit of the thread, though, so if someone could find it that'd be great. If so, then there will be only 1 baddie killing tomorrow night.
Well at least I was honest. Not much more I can say on the matter for now.

Bowser does indeed have only 1 kill in the game, so the baddies will only kill 1 person tonight.
Elohcin
Hitman
Posts in topic: 44

Post by Elohcin »

This is the cake I did for Simon's birthday party today :)
Banners are cool, but a pain to scroll through so...
I've won a lot of games. I've hosted some games. The end.
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Elohcin wrote:This is the cake I did for Simon's birthday party today :)
Oh my goodness! Can you tell him I said Happy Birthday!

Thanks, Russti, I didn't get that at all about Bowser.

Now that they've just dropped a load on Bullet Bill, does this change where we are thinking about going for our next world?
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
S~V~S
Captain Obvious
Posts in topic: 69

Post by S~V~S »

Hedgeowl wrote:I will have more time tomorrow to do another analysis. Thank you Russ for taking the time for that analysis on bwt. I really haven't had much of a feeling for him this game, but blendy is definitely one way to describe his play style. Would of course like to hear his response to some of your comments.

To address MP's questions about my trying to establish Mongoose and vomps as civ. This was done purely for myself to seek help in analysis of players. Notice how neither one of them has done this however. Vomps wanted me to be sure I knew it was because he was lazy and not bad. Havet seen analysis from Mongoose yet. This is the first game where I starting to wonder if she is bad and not civ. someone had to win the suit, so it was risky if vomps was lying. The pwing she claimed we would have no way of checking however. The key is that Mongoose and Vomps were removed from the lynch with LT, so there has to be a reason.

While this may be strange to mp because they can lie about it, I think this logic is better than some of our gut feelings, because as SVS said the baddies are clearly controlling this game so far or letting us go go in the wrong direction and jumping on board.
You are making a lot of sense to me. I need to reread a few people, see if perhaps I can get a clearer idea on things.
Skip softly, my moonbeams, for I have heard tell
That the stairs up to heaven lead straight down to hell
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Yeah, where are people looking today? I still think that someone (or -two or -three) in the LT, S~V~S, Roxy voting bloc must be bad, but I'd like to have some discussion about which of the 3 others are most suspicious of before I go ahead and vote. Or more discussion about anyone else, for that matter.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Oh, the poll runs til 7:30pm tomorrow (EST). That'll be nice. Not so much pressure on the discussion, then. But it would still be nice to talk things over by then.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Bump.
When the horse panics or something goes wrong, remain calm and reassure the horse.

Image Image Image
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

How many of you have been silenced? I'm going to randomize between SVS, BWT and MP unless someone says something soon. :shrug:

Image Image Image
Bullzeye
Racketeer
Posts in topic: 108

Post by Bullzeye »

Vompatti wrote:How many of you have been silenced? I'm going to randomize between SVS, BWT and MP unless someone says something soon. :shrug:
I haven't been silenced I just don't have anything new to say. I could see myself voting SVS again though for the same reasons as last time. Other than that I'm not sure.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Bullzeye wrote:
Vompatti wrote:How many of you have been silenced? I'm going to randomize between SVS, BWT and MP unless someone says something soon. :shrug:
I haven't been silenced I just don't have anything new to say. I could see myself voting SVS again though for the same reasons as last time. Other than that I'm not sure.
I'm fine with an SVS lynch. I just hope I'm not wrong about her like I was about Elo.

Image Image Image
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

sorry, I've been spending the morning catching up in RM.

You know Vomps if you spent the morning making cases we could have a discussion on it. :p

While its great Russ took the time to male the case on SVS, i dont really see it so far. I think an MP or bullz vote is better choice. MP is putting in effort this game to generate discussion on lots of players and I think that can be easy to then distract people from the real mafia. i am going to do a quick reread of him today before I vote, but thats where I am thinking today.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Alright here's another thought. Looking at Elohcin vs. SVS voters, they were tied, but Elohcin lost. So a couple of options. Elo's voters had fire flowers, SvS voters had baddies, svs had mushroom make her lynch vote less. All of these scenarios make me think it more likely that SVS is civ. I cant really say if shes being framed by Russti yet, but I think looking at SVS voters : bullz, vomps, russti, and mongoose os a really good idea. As i have said before I think vomps is civ based on his tanooki suit claim and removal from lynch poll. i am less certain that mongoose is, but with her pwing claim and removal from the poll I also consider it more likely. Between russ and bullz though I am definitely not certain and will vote for one of these two today. Looking at the polls made me more suspicous of Bullz yet again.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Hedgeowl wrote:sorry, I've been spending the morning catching up in RM.

You know Vomps if you spent the morning making cases we could have a discussion on it. :p
Actually I spent the morning doing nothing. :sigh:

Image Image Image
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

Hedgeowl wrote:Alright here's another thought. Looking at Elohcin vs. SVS voters, they were tied, but Elohcin lost. So a couple of options. Elo's voters had fire flowers, SvS voters had baddies, svs had mushroom make her lynch vote less. All of these scenarios make me think it more likely that SVS is civ. I cant really say if shes being framed by Russti yet, but I think looking at SVS voters : bullz, vomps, russti, and mongoose os a really good idea. As i have said before I think vomps is civ based on his tanooki suit claim and removal from lynch poll. i am less certain that mongoose is, but with her pwing claim and removal from the poll I also consider it more likely. Between russ and bullz though I am definitely not certain and will vote for one of these two today. Looking at the polls made me more suspicous of Bullz yet again.
My initial gut was that SVS was Civ, and so I've been re-examining that since the lynch. I don't think I'll be voting her again unless a really compelling argument is made. My gut was that Elo was Civ and that was right too, so now I am more inclined to trust my instincts this game.

There are so many reasons on why Elo "lost" the lynch vote, that I am not sure it would be super productive to examine. We don't know how many mushrooms each player had, if any, or how many fire flowers the voters had between them. There are so many hundreds of possibilities that we will almost assuredly latch onto an incorrect one.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Vompatti wrote:

Those are my favorite mornings. :coffee3:

I know exactly what you mean Mongoose. I am trying to question my assumptions and gut feelings more, therefore relying on votes, patterns, and things that are more tangible. Its a bit challenging because several players are pretty quiet or not around much to engage in a discussion about suspects, at no fault of their own, rl happens. Its just making this game a bit trickier to narrow in on baddies I think.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Hedgeowl wrote:Alright here's another thought. Looking at Elohcin vs. SVS voters, they were tied, but Elohcin lost. So a couple of options. Elo's voters had fire flowers, SvS voters had baddies, svs had mushroom make her lynch vote less. All of these scenarios make me think it more likely that SVS is civ. I cant really say if shes being framed by Russti yet, but I think looking at SVS voters : bullz, vomps, russti, and mongoose os a really good idea. As i have said before I think vomps is civ based on his tanooki suit claim and removal from lynch poll. i am less certain that mongoose is, but with her pwing claim and removal from the poll I also consider it more likely. Between russ and bullz though I am definitely not certain and will vote for one of these two today. Looking at the polls made me more suspicous of Bullz yet again.
I really have no idea where your suspicion of me is coming from. I responded to your initial points on me but I didn't even think they were strong enough to warrant a vote. As Mongoose has said, there are so many different explanations for the reason Elo died so jumping to any particular conclusion would be a terrible idea. You seem like you think that because I've never bought or claimed to have bought anything I'm bad. I bought a mushroom a few days back (I thought you could use them whenever you liked rather than instantly :( ) and that's basically been the only thing I've been able to afford, at my richest I had just over 20 coins and I'll probably never be able to afford a suit so I don't think it'd exactly be fair to punish me for not having as many coins as others.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Vompatti wrote:

Those are my favorite mornings. :coffee3:
I have quite a few of them, would you like some? :wine:

Image Image Image
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Bullzeye wrote:
I really have no idea where your suspicion of me is coming from. I responded to your initial points on me but I didn't even think they were strong enough to warrant a vote. As Mongoose has said, there are so many different explanations for the reason Elo died so jumping to any particular conclusion would be a terrible idea. You seem like you think that because I've never bought or claimed to have bought anything I'm bad. I bought a mushroom a few days back (I thought you could use them whenever you liked rather than instantly :( ) and that's basically been the only thing I've been able to afford, at my richest I had just over 20 coins and I'll probably never be able to afford a suit so I don't think it'd exactly be fair to punish me for not having as many coins as others.
You're right, I completely forgot about your response post and will get to it. If you didn't have coins why didnt you partipate in the game with Mongoose, Vomps, and me? :) Also, dont count yourself out for suits. I got the Hammer suit by bidding all my meager coins and no one else had bid higher surprisingly. It was less than a mushroom. :D

:hug: I am not trying to single you out personally, so I will go out and reexamine your responses.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
You're right, I completely forgot about your response post and will get to it. If you didn't have coins why didnt you partipate in the game with Mongoose, Vomps, and me? :) Also, dont count yourself out for suits. I got the Hammer suit by bidding all my meager coins and no one else had bid higher surprisingly. It was less than a mushroom. :D

:hug: I am not trying to single you out personally, so I will go out and reexamine your responses.
I didn't play the freezing game because the mechanics were too complicated for me. I didn't like the idea of being unfrozen and posting only to find out through linki that I'd been frozen again and having to wait ages to make a post which would probably need more adding to it and thought I'd be better off just not bothering.
Vompatti
Loan Shark

Post by Vompatti »

Can I share my coins? I don't know what to do with them. :confused:

Image Image Image
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Russtifinko wrote:Yeah, where are people looking today? I still think that someone (or -two or -three) in the LT, S~V~S, Roxy voting bloc must be bad, but I'd like to have some discussion about which of the 3 others are most suspicious of before I go ahead and vote. Or more discussion about anyone else, for that matter.
That's kind of where I'm leaning right now as well. Except I'm still leaning toward LT as the most likely of the 3 to be civvie (although I wouldn't mind hearing a bit more from her if she gets the opportunity) Her continued silence without even a "sorry, I've been incredibly busy/forgotten about this game" could be enough for me to vote for her later. But probably not today.

I understand the case on SVS fairly well, but could someone re-explain some of the thoughts behind why Roxy could be bad? That's the one case I don't feel I have as strong of an understanding on.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Here, BWT. Both quotes from me: "Ok, my current suspect list. Obviously, as mentioned, I think that LT and Roxy are likely bad. LT because of her strange, un-civ-friendly World Map vote, which I admitted at the time of my vote was a bit weak by itself (but better than the case on Elo). Roxy's strong defense of LT and subsequent attack on me makes me think it's more likely that LT is bad, and that those two are likely teammates. "

"I also think Roxy bears watching in part for her willingness to accept Vomps thinking she's civ. In a game where Snowie has been lynched because he was "acting too civ" and Elo seems about to be lynched for the same thing, I would think players would be more hesitant about that. People are also blaming me for having gotten coins in the Day 2 poll (which, again, is not my fault), and it seems a bit hypocritical to do that and then, 3 days later, trade back rubs and say "Oh, aren't we all so happy to be in a big civ party together." If anyone cares to read back on her posts, she has suspected every single player who suspected her this game, and now thinks Vomps is civ because he thinks she is."
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Thanks, Russ! I knew there was a quote from you that I couldn't remember fully. And it was definitely the second one. It pinged me certainly when Roxy said she was fine with Vomps stating she was civvie. But I think I was far more focused on Elo being bad at the time and didn't put enough stock into it.

I'm going to read over some of the stuff on Roxy a bit more, but I know my vote will probably be going to either SVS, Roxy, or LT (with LT being the least likely one for now).
Lizzy
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 50

Post by Lizzy »

I still think Roxy and LT are civvies, butt since all baddies are alive and well and living in (kudos btw :wine: )I'll go with my usual two main suspects, Bullz and MP, and my nice online randomiser.

*votes MP*
... and you know what else. :mafia:
Sorry again I have not been able to be more involved, even though Corfu is not as exciting as one would think. :P
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

So reviewed Bullz' reply to my analysis of him. one thing you never addressed Bullz was the strange water vote. Your defense and explanations just seem a little weak to me. I admit it could be because civ defenses are weaker cause there sometimes isnt a reason sometimes, but I still would like to vote you today.

After reviewing the voting chart I have I do find it strange that svs, lt, and roxy seem to be voting together. However i could be wrong, but I am alittle worried we are being railroaded in this direction by russti. I will wait to see how the voting goes, because while i'd like to vote Bullz, I may vote MP if the vote is turning against someone I think is most likely civ.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Hedgeowl wrote:So reviewed Bullz' reply to my analysis of him. one thing you never addressed Bullz was the strange water vote. Your defense and explanations just seem a little weak to me. I admit it could be because civ defenses are weaker cause there sometimes isnt a reason sometimes, but I still would like to vote you today.

After reviewing the voting chart I have I do find it strange that svs, lt, and roxy seem to be voting together. However i could be wrong, but I am alittle worried we are being railroaded in this direction by russti. I will wait to see how the voting goes, because while i'd like to vote Bullz, I may vote MP if the vote is turning against someone I think is most likely civ.
Isn't that the 'strange' water vote that I already addressed shortly after I did it? I think I've only voted water once and I was questioned about it and then explained why I did it. I can't even remember off the top of my head but I did have a reason. I'm gonna *vote SVS* because nothing has really come up to change my mind and I still think her reasons for voting Elo are suspicious.
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [Night 4]

Post by Hedgeowl »

Bullzeye wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Voted Pipe over in the World Map. We have three water voters: Vomps, Lizzy, and Bullz. Any rationale behind voting Water, guys?

Elohcin
Llama
I guess I can post now since my name has been mentioned an even number of times, but like Roxy I don't really like the idea of this mini-game. I couldn't really say why I voted Water, I just did mainly because I haven't voted for the winning option ever this game and didn't want to vote Dark again I suppose.

This was the explanation for your water vote. It wasn't really an explanation is all I was saying, therefore I believe you when you say you don't remember. However, it still makes question whether your civ. I hope however todays lynch goes we find a baddie, but with so few votes, I wonder if this lynch will be baddie dominated.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Bullzeye
Racketeer

Post by Bullzeye »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:
Mongoose wrote:Voted Pipe over in the World Map. We have three water voters: Vomps, Lizzy, and Bullz. Any rationale behind voting Water, guys?

Elohcin
Llama
I guess I can post now since my name has been mentioned an even number of times, but like Roxy I don't really like the idea of this mini-game. I couldn't really say why I voted Water, I just did mainly because I haven't voted for the winning option ever this game and didn't want to vote Dark again I suppose.

This was the explanation for your water vote. It wasn't really an explanation is all I was saying, therefore I believe you when you say you don't remember. However, it still makes question whether your civ. I hope however todays lynch goes we find a baddie, but with so few votes, I wonder if this lynch will be baddie dominated.
I agree it's an awful explanation and if you said that to me I'd think you were hiding something but honestly it's the truth. I haven't put huge amounts of consideration into the map polls, usually voting for options that didn't have any votes or were definitely not going to win.
Russtifinko
Money Launderer

Post by Russtifinko »

Hedgeowl wrote:After reviewing the voting chart I have I do find it strange that svs, lt, and roxy seem to be voting together. However i could be wrong, but I am alittle worried we are being railroaded in this direction by russti. I will wait to see how the voting goes, because while i'd like to vote Bullz, I may vote MP if the vote is turning against someone I think is most likely civ.
Fair concerns, Hedge. I'll just submit that I'm not trying to railroad anyone, I'm just calling it like I see it, and to me they look bad. Obviously I hope I'm right and that my evidence is compelling, but I do think all civs should look at the available info on all players and make their own decisions.

Ok, it seems that a lot of people are very concerned I could be wrong about S~V~S. Taking that into consideration, I'm voting Roxy. I do make mistakes on individual players sometimes, but I feel confident that something is off about that bloc.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
LittleTiger
Corrupt Union Official
Posts in topic: 43

Post by LittleTiger »

I am so sorry.... Ugh! Time is not my friend right now, but at least this poll is at a better time for the rest of the week for me!

So, I am at a bit of a loss as to who I suspect - everyone is seeming pretty much civvie minded atm! However, in my quick review of a few people, I noticed that Roxy is suspicious of Hedgeowl here but I am not understanding why.

I see that some are suspecting that one of S~V~S, myself and Roxy are likely bad for voting Elo. I know I am not bad, and I am leaning strongly towards S~V~S being civvie, so that leaves Roxy.

I know she is not well and thus not able to properly defend, but since I don't have enough time right now to look at everyone, I may vote her. Cooking dinner right now... I will think about it and come back and vote in a bit.
ImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Post by Hedgeowl »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Roxy wrote:
Hedgeowl wrote:I agree Bullz that baddies probably wouldnt waste the coins, especially not knowing what the suits do and the other items must be won, so only makes sense to go civ there. If someone was a baddie it would also be risky to claim that you had something, when someone else that actually had it could counter so easily.

I take it Roxy, you were planning a Lizzy vote today?

Also why no NK again I wonder? Isn't that Bowser's power? Maybe lots of blocks hence they bought Birdo to secure a lynch. I was protected last night because I had the Hammer suit, which makes me wonder if others were also protected or if I was potentially a failed NK?

We think Llama was killed for his possible ability, but he also voted Roxy, and was suspecting MP. I also think Bullz is a good candidate to examine. We are only 12 and 4 are baddies, so we really need to lynch one today.

Vomps and Mongoose! I think we need to divide and conquer. I plan on rereading Bullz, MP, Roxy, and Vomps. Why dont you Mongoose, read me and three others, and vomps you read mongoose and the last three. If we post thorough examinations of each we may ferret out something in the next 24 hours.
:ponder: How did you deduce from my post that I wanted to vote Lizzy???

tbh I thought `\o/ yay The Air King took Lizzy off the poll` signifed that I was happy about it :/

I am looking at Elohcin and Owl who has been making my nose twitch tbqh

Owl seems to be repeatedly trying to paint me as bad. wtf is up with that?

As of right now I am planning to vote Elohcin but there are a couple people I am currently reading so that could change.

linky Vomp thanks I am thinking you are civ as well right now
I read your post about as Lizzy as sarcastic, because you did vote for her before. If your opinion has changed thats fine.

Am I trying to paint you as bad? I mentioned you Day 1, but it was Day 1 and then you came up as one of 5 Lizzy voters. I even said you were one of the łeast suspicious of them. I am just rereading people, so the fact that your nose twitches because I picked you (and 3 others) to reread is going to make my read of you later more careful. There are only 12 people in this game, so people s names are going to come up as suspects. Cant be helped.
This was my response LT. I mentioned her and suddenly I am on her suspect list, like anyone else who suspected her. I will post my analysis of her again. I didnt necessarily find her suspicous enough to be a baddie. I know shes been sick and replaced in another game, but I do wonder if she will make today vote.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Hedgeowl
Money Launderer

Re: Classic Super Mario Bros. [Day 4]

Post by Hedgeowl »

Hedgeowl wrote:
Roxy wrote:sorry for being quiet I am quite ill tbh I have been sleeping crazy amounts.

When I woke to find I was made a Goomba which I thought said Goober but Epig has since clarified for me. Its so frustrating that my vote will not count. I am happy to see people discussing their suspicions a bit more. I havent fully read back on everything but I wanted to respond to Elohcin and Russ

Elohcin- I was surprised by your quick jump to decide to vote LT without really adding more to the suspicion yourself. I understand you have played a game with her and had btsc with her but a lot of us have played many games with her and also had btsc with her and we have been telling you that we are not seeing anything suspicion atm. Instead of expanding your suspicion or adding more to it or finding another suspicion of someone else you keep driving your point home - why ??? She is not even on this poll and tbs I am glad about it. :)

Russ - out of the votes yours felt very drive by-ish. It was like you logged on and jumped on the first thing and voted. Like Elohcin but worse b/c you did not discuss LT at all nor give her time to respond to you. You just latched onto someone elses misguided suspicion and voted with no thoughts of your own. Something I always find very suspicious.

I will vote for one of you two but I want everyone to know that I am goomba-ed and it will not count which totes sucks.
Oh it also prevents me from buying anything to help my dilemma.

Day 4 sucks and not in the good way.
Ok, so from reading Roxy this is a little summary. She pointed out early water voters, suspected llama for voting Snow, adds nev, bullz, and Mp to her suspect list. She suspects Lizzy when Lizzy isn't participating, but once Lizzy jumps in and starts participating more this seesm to satisfy her. What was the change for you on Lizzy Roxy?

The above post is the defense of LT when Elohcin & mongoose make a case on her and then calls Russti out for his drive by vote. She questions the lack good evidence against LT. Now of course the grass King could have turned anyone into a goomba, bad or civ, so I cant really make a good call here based on that.

As for Roxy's voting history, she votes Llama (random), Lizzy, Mongoose (partly in defense of LT?) missed vote (she was almost tied with Elohcin, but llama was lynched by Birdo?).

So in summary, yeah there are definitely a few thing here that look suspicious, but not currently damning. What changed your mind about Lizzy, who do you plan to vote for today, if MP and Bullz were on your suspect list are they still? Why is everyone who mentions you put on your suspect list? MP, llama, mongoose, and me in this case.

I don't currently think from my reread that Rox is bad, but reading anyone in this game brings up questions. I am going to be posting about Bullz later when I get a chance.
Reposting this for anyone interested. Not a condemnation of roxy, but if people are going to vote for her better to be informed.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
birdwithteeth11
Loan Shark

Unfortunately, I need to go ahead and vote. I'm going to squeeze in a few holes of frisbee golf with my dad and brother before the sun sets. I think there are several things worth throwing a vote Roxy's way at this point, so she will be getting my vote. Sorry you aren't feeling well enough to defend yourself, Roxy! But I think there's a good chance you are bad at this point. If she flips bad, I could see looking at SVS as a potential teammate.

Votes Roxy
Mongoose

Post by Mongoose »

I have people over so can't stick around long.

Been suspecting Roxy for awhile, so I'm going that route. I do hope she is feeling better though.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage

Return to “Previous Side Missions”