Romance of the Three Kingdoms [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Bass_the_Clever
No votes
Boomslang
30%
DFaraday
30%
Jan / Aragorn
No votes
Nerolunar / Matahari
No votes
nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
No votes
sig / indiglo
No votes
Simon
15%
Zuo Ci
No votes
Li Jue (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
26%

Total votes: 27
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 133

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 7]

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Doubling down on Mac. I'm tired of him not even reading the posts accusing him. And going omgus on me after calling me a civ read multiple times early? Not classy, Mac.
This is a joke of a post. First of all, I read the posts. Second of all, there was nothing in the posts that I could refute. I am playing more reserved and quieter. Third of all, when did I civ read you early "multiple times"? Fourth of all, you aren't doubling down. That would infer you have two votes. You are just revoting. Use correct terminology otherwise you will never get that raise you so desperately crave.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dom wrote:Bass is probably bad.

I don't trust Mac.
Big talk from the guy who was chaos posting early in the game and has now settled into mundane normality like an ex project manager knocked up by her team leader and exiled to housewife duties for the next 18-30 years.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate
Posts in topic: 181
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Dragon D. Luffy »

MacDougall wrote:

I don't trust Mac.
Big talk from the guy who was chaos posting early in the game and has now settled into mundane normality like an ex project manager knocked up by her team leader and exiled to housewife duties for the next 18-30 years.
It's funny how his post describes you perfectly.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MacDougall wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Doubling down on Mac. I'm tired of him not even reading the posts accusing him. And going omgus on me after calling me a civ read multiple times early? Not classy, Mac.
This is a joke of a post. First of all, I read the posts. Second of all, there was nothing in the posts that I could refute. I am playing more reserved and quieter. Third of all, when did I civ read you early "multiple times"? Fourth of all, you aren't doubling down. That would infer you have two votes. You are just revoting. Use correct terminology otherwise you will never get that raise you so desperately crave.
"Doubling down" is a figure of speech. Don't be an ass.

As for your other question:
MacDougall wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Working on the assumption that a 'Prefect' is a position of some significant authority and influence, can anyone explain to me why Golden only has one vote? I mean SERIOUSLY? He was (is?) The Syndicate's representative at the Mafia Championships. He won a s#*^load of awards on this site this year (including The Syndicate MVP). He has demonstrated an ability for intelligent analysis and shown that he has the courage of his convictions (from my experience of him in Arkham Mafia). On top of all that, he's just a really nice guy... If anyone out there is still undecided, I'll be voting for him and for the reasons stated, I think you should too.
This is a mafia game, not a job interview. We are judging whether people are civ or bad.
This guy is a civ ^
I only found one post, so I take back the "multiple".
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

I don't trust Mac.
Show me my chaos posts.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

MacDougall wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
Glorfindel wrote:Working on the assumption that a 'Prefect' is a position of some significant authority and influence, can anyone explain to me why Golden only has one vote? I mean SERIOUSLY? He was (is?) The Syndicate's representative at the Mafia Championships. He won a s#*^load of awards on this site this year (including The Syndicate MVP). He has demonstrated an ability for intelligent analysis and shown that he has the courage of his convictions (from my experience of him in Arkham Mafia). On top of all that, he's just a really nice guy... If anyone out there is still undecided, I'll be voting for him and for the reasons stated, I think you should too.
This is a mafia game, not a job interview. We are judging whether people are civ or bad.
This guy is a civ ^
Using hyperbole to push your anti-Mac agenda. You should be damned ashamed of yourself. And that one post was so unremarkable that I forgot even having written it.
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

FInally:
MacDougall wrote:Why did you vote for me?
MacDougall wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Yeah his vote on me that he didn't explain aside he looked competent in this game.

Fuck all you who tried to lynch me yesterday while I was incapable of speaking in my defence. Luffy did you silence me and try to get me lynched swine?
You had 4 days to make yourself look like a civ. You didn't so I don't give a shit if you didn't have an extra day.

And who sileneced you on day 2, 3 and 4, btw?
I'm sorry I didn't spend the first 4 days trying to "look like a civ". :rolleyes:

If you really require an answer as to why I didn't post a lot it's because I work about 60 hours a week and have a 5 year old. And since when was me being quiet indicative of me being bad?
You being quiet wasn't.

You being more pacific than Glorfindel was.
What does that mean?
MacDougall wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I went with Mac and Bass.
Why?

Here is how you work on this game. Someone accuses you, you ignore. Then they vote for you, you post "why did you vote me?" and disappear till the next day. Rinse and repeat.

Are you gonna admit you are doing a half-baked attempt at playing this game, at least? It would be easier to you as a civ if you were at least honest. But right now your strategy is basically "reply to nothing, deny everything, and stall". It's frustrating because I can see a civ doing that but you are not helping your own case.
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 154

Post by Golden »

Double Down definition: "strengthen one's commitment to a particular strategy or course of action, typically one that is potentially risky."

I'm with DDL

This is in lieu of having anything actually valuable to contribute. Maybe I'll do a rainbow.
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

MacDougall wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

I don't trust Mac.
Show me my chaos posts.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

MacDougall wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
This guy is a civ ^
Using hyperbole to push your anti-Mac agenda. You should be damned ashamed of yourself. And that one post was so unremarkable that I forgot even having written it.
Don't be so overly dramatic. Thats my turf.

(it's obvious I am not counting how many times each person said what)
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:FInally:
MacDougall wrote:Why did you vote for me?
MacDougall wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Yeah his vote on me that he didn't explain aside he looked competent in this game.

Fuck all you who tried to lynch me yesterday while I was incapable of speaking in my defence. Luffy did you silence me and try to get me lynched swine?
You had 4 days to make yourself look like a civ. You didn't so I don't give a shit if you didn't have an extra day.

And who sileneced you on day 2, 3 and 4, btw?
I'm sorry I didn't spend the first 4 days trying to "look like a civ". :rolleyes:

If you really require an answer as to why I didn't post a lot it's because I work about 60 hours a week and have a 5 year old. And since when was me being quiet indicative of me being bad?
You being quiet wasn't.

You being more pacific than Glorfindel was.
What does that mean?
MacDougall wrote:
Turnip Head wrote:I went with Mac and Bass.
Why?

Here is how you work on this game. Someone accuses you, you ignore. Then they vote for you, you post "why did you vote me?" and disappear till the next day. Rinse and repeat.

Are you gonna admit you are doing a half-baked attempt at playing this game, at least? It would be easier to you as a civ if you were at least honest. But right now your strategy is basically "reply to nothing, deny everything, and stall". It's frustrating because I can see a civ doing that but you are not helping your own case.
I admit I am doing a half-baked attempt at playing this game. I already have mentioned several times that I am busy including within the past half hour. I also signed up to this game about 6 months ago or whatever it was and haven't played any games between so I came into it without having been playing at all. I have not, and am not in Mafia Mac Mode. So if I look like I am not playing like usual Mac, it's because I am not playing like usual Mac.

I am a trap case. People trying to get me lynched are going for the easy out without actually trying to piece together the facts. Sure I brought it on myself by behaving unusually but I'm yet to see anything compelling to state I am a villain. And interestingly for whatever reason I am the only player who seems to have players persistently pursuing my lynch. Russ for instance has gone up and survived twice but apparently nobody cares anymore.

Humour me. If I am bad, am I a Nanman or a Turban? Am I teammates with the guy I voted on day 1 who got lynched and did I fake being silenced for an entire day or am I teammates with the guy who I called out early game and who had an aneurysm about my needling him?

Put me on a team, make me believe your case is more than just surface reading the obvious plays. Do homework. Crack the code my friend. Give me something, any reason to try.

If we are talking half baked attempts to play the game, how about Syndicate Player of the Year Golden's contributions to this game. Or several others. Why am I the player most worthy of vitriol?

Stop, pyjama time. :ninja:
Dragon D. Luffy
The Pirate

I already made my case, and my vote. I'm gonna reply to other stuff as they come up.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:If we are talking half baked attempts to play the game, how about Syndicate Player of the Year Golden's contributions to this game. Or several others. Why am I the player most worthy of vitriol?
Agree. It does feel somewhat like you are being singled out for half bakedness when others like me are also half baked. And in my case, half is an overstatement.

However, I anticipate that your current state of bakedness is non-alignment indicative, ie I wouldn't town read you for it either... do you think that's fair?
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Golden wrote:
MacDougall wrote:If we are talking half baked attempts to play the game, how about Syndicate Player of the Year Golden's contributions to this game. Or several others. Why am I the player most worthy of vitriol?
Agree. It does feel somewhat like you are being singled out for half bakedness when others like me are also half baked. And in my case, half is an overstatement.

However, I anticipate that your current state of bakedness is non-alignment indicative, ie I wouldn't town read you for it either... do you think that's fair?
No, I think there is more evidence pointing at my alignment being non mafia-aligned than almost anybody else tbh;

1. Interactions with MP should indicate my unlikeliness of being a Yellow Turban
2. I voted for Wilgy on his lynch day
3. I was unable to post during a day phase, a day phase following the death of a player who suspected me. Which makes me feel like it was an attempted frame job.

Of course it would be salient to consider the possibility that 1 was a hard distance, 2 was a soft bus and 3 was a gambit, but I would consider that line of thought considerably tinfoil at this juncture and those three facts should remove me from the conversation of potential lynch candidate at the moment. I should not be a primary conversation point on day 7 and yet I am, for what reason when compared to other players demonstrating similar attributes? I find the most likely reason being an attempt to frame me and get me lynched. Perhaps someone tried to kill me earlier in the game and failed for whatever reason and assume that means I am a difficult kill target so are using more manipulative means to get rid of me.
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I already made my case, and my vote. I'm gonna reply to other stuff as they come up.
Righteo.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Good position, Mac. I won't be voting for you today.
LoRab
Loan Shark
Posts in topic: 57
Preferred Pronouns: She series

Post by LoRab »

I don't think I've ever seen a baddie silencer who didn't silence a teammate at some point in the game, usually multiple times. So point 3 doesn't hold for me.

My challenge with you is that your tone is off. It's not just that you're phoning in the game, it's that the way you state things isn't in keeping with your civ game.

Also, that you completely discount anyone that suspects you, not only as being wrong, but painting them as being bad because they suspect you.

That isn't going to keep me from suspecting you. And, honestly, only makes you look worse to me.

Also, there are evil indies in this game, so saying that you're not on either mafia team doesn't really convince me that you are civ.
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

Stop kidnapping me and just kill me, you cowards! :suspish:

That I have been silenced twice and not killed because of it is telling me I'm mussing with someone I 'shouldn't be'.

Let's see. I've been on INH's case for coasting this game since like day 3, and was ballgagged on day 4. Started getting on nutella's case as well as INH and Quin on day 5. Blindfolded and given sleeping gas on day 6. But yet they won't kill me. Why?

I'm no heavy poster by any means, but I think I would be lumped into a talker category. I don't know why Golden has prescribed to the 'Nanman killing high posters and YT killing low posters" theory as canon. I see reywas was killed to contribute to this theory, but I am not paying any mind to it.

Either way, it's hard for me not to read into my silencing as less than purposeful. I think i upset Nanman.

Thoughts:

-Golden, you went after Simon yesterday for reasoning that he seemed like a different person in the recent phases, and that he is a low poster, he must fit into the NM cast. This blatant accusation of a low poster I was actually questioning, and I was thinking maaaaaybe Golden had something on Simon. Because why else would he use that loopy logic to go after him?
Cut to today, and already Golden has dropped his push for Simon, and has latched onto this Mac case. I have gone back and forth on whether to trust Golden this game, and so far I have felt he has pushed unsubstantiated claims, as if he is phoning it in. Does anyone else see that, or is it just me?

-I doubt Simon is bad. This is aided by Golden's lack of urgency to get him lynched again today, and don't think I want vote there today.

-I'm surprised that one of the baddie teams seems to not kill every other night or so. I wonder if that has something to do with the secret roles in YT.

-That Caps wagon had been creeping up over the course of a few days and since you all seemed so willing to lynch him TWICE I would like to put the eye on those that voted him. If you did vote him, what about Russ, who has been up twice and won twice, has you peeled away? Why does he get a free pass?
I dunno, I just felt like both he and Russ were the low hanging fruit for lynches and it just comes off as lazy.

-INH I think you are bad. Still. I may not have info on you or a lucrative case, but I feel like you have been coasting. What cases have you built this game? Can you remind me, or is it just agreeing with other people to live another day? I'm going to keep pressuring you, even if I am once again the only one to vote you, because I don't think you are good.

-that all said, I think Mac has looked coasty as well- he even says so himself- and I'm still on the fence about him.

I'll keep thinking up more thoughts when I have them

I start work again tomorrow all day every day for a year, so who knows how my schedule will be, but I'll try and be as active as I can
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote:-Golden, you went after Simon yesterday for reasoning that he seemed like a different person in the recent phases, and that he is a low poster, he must fit into the NM cast. This blatant accusation of a low poster I was actually questioning, and I was thinking maaaaaybe Golden had something on Simon. Because why else would he use that loopy logic to go after him?
Cut to today, and already Golden has dropped his push for Simon, and has latched onto this Mac case. I have gone back and forth on whether to trust Golden this game, and so far I have felt he has pushed unsubstantiated claims, as if he is phoning it in. Does anyone else see that, or is it just me?
This makes no sense.

1) What is your evidence for me having dropped simon? I've posted exactly three times in this phase, and the day has only just begun. Do you think that in order to suspect someone, they should be my sole area of suspicion and that I should mention simon in every post I make? And what do you mean by 'already' dropped, as though its something that I was flittering out there in the wind at the end of the last phase... when I've actually had simon in the mix for days and voted for him more than once. Did you even notice that, or do you just think I brought him up out of nowhere yesterday?

2) Despite me having simon listed for days and having voted for him two or three times, the only other person I can remember who voted for simon is simon (who asked to be in a duel). In addition, in all of those days, I essentially explained my case once... by way of quoting Mac. How exactly is that a 'push', when not even one other person has followed me and I've never made an issue of it.

3) In the three posts I've made today (that you claim is my 'latching onto the mac case') - One was irrelevant nonsense, one was me agreeing with mac that his half-bakedness wasn't suspicious and asking him a question, and the third was me saying I won't vote for Mac today. How is that latching on to the Mac case?

4) I would also like you to explain exactly how I've 'pushed unsubstantiated claims'. What do you mean by pushed, because I've not pushed much all game (other than a few people I think are innocent, and I think those cases are relatively substantiated). What do you mean by unsubstantiated? Do you mean the fact that my votes have lacked in explanation?

5) Why are you accusing me of phoning it in as though I haven't literally said 'I am not reading the thread' over and over in this game. I am phoning it in. I've made no secret of it... it's taken you until day 8 to find it suspicious? Rico was finding it suspicious days and days ago... This is probably the first post I've made in the entire game of any substance at all.

Frankly, Scotty, this post is the most suspicious thing I've seen all game. You are vastly overstating my effort and influence in this game, using emotive words like 'pushed' that simply don't apply, and made out like me phoning it in is something that wasn't obviously noticeable to everyone a very long time ago...
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

And lol at my 'lack of urgency to get him lynched today'.

I've had no urgency to get anyone lynched on any day. I'm floating along without any urgency at all.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote: I don't know why Golden has prescribed to the 'Nanman killing high posters and YT killing low posters" theory as canon.
Oh, and this too... I don't like your language today.

When have I ever tried to suggest any of my ideas in this game 'are canon'. I literally am not paying attention. I don't have any understanding on how the duels might work or why some people ask to participate in them. I haven't read the game rules. I am the worst possible person to listen to, to figure out what might be canon.

All I've done is explained my own thinking. I continue to think my theory is true, because of who is getting killed by each faction at each turn. Vocal people all know that if you kill all the other vocal people, you stand out and are prone to lynch, so they don't go killing exclusively vocal people. On the other hand, the only people I know who go exclusively after non-posters and contributors with kills are people like MP, Jay... people who are solvey solvey and get frustrated that the non-contributors hinder their ability to sovle. Don't forget, that team needed to figure out who the nanman are...

It's just a theory, not canon, but it's one I'm working off for now. You work off whatever theory works for you.
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Read please. I promise I'll be good. :biggrin:

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Mafia: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote:-That Caps wagon had been creeping up over the course of a few days and since you all seemed so willing to lynch him TWICE I would like to put the eye on those that voted him. If you did vote him, what about Russ, who has been up twice and won twice, has you peeled away? Why does he get a free pass?
I dunno, I just felt like both he and Russ were the low hanging fruit for lynches and it just comes off as lazy.
Just examining more bits of this post now that my eye is on you, and it really doesn't hold up as living in logic.

1) Why is voting for CapsFan twice inherently bad? What is it that means people were 'so willing' to lynch him? As opposed to, just ordinary voting for someone because they suspect him... and continuing to vote for him after he wins the duel because they didn't get their way... Isn't it quite normal for civilians to go back to back on someone they think is bad when they escape getting lynched?

2) Why is Russ a good analogy? In my opinion, there is very good reason to fight against a lynch of russti. He certainly doesn't appear to be Nanman, at least.

3) If you don't like the laziness in this thread, have you been creating good analysis? I can't remember much of you since back in the prefect days.
Dom
mayor of gaytown
Posts in topic: 101

Post by Dom »

MacDougall wrote:

I don't trust Mac.
Don't tire yourself out, sweetie, you're no Domald. ;)

You don't care who we lynch, as long as it isn't you-- ergo you're bad.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Matahari
Drug Dealer
Posts in topic: 56

Post by Matahari »

Hi. I'm skimming the game, and I've realized it will probably take the rest of the game before I catch up. But I will try :noble:
Scotty
Jeff
Posts in topic: 189
Preferred Pronouns: He/him

Post by Scotty »

@Golden- I'll respond to you in full later tomorrow RE: your response to my questions surrounding you.
Golden wrote:And lol at my 'lack of urgency to get him lynched today'.

I've had no urgency to get anyone lynched on any day. I'm floating along without any urgency at all.
That is exactly what perturbs me about you this game, Golden. Floating around the water park in the lazy river without getting wet is not the downhill toboggan type of Golden I'm accustomed to.
When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather;
not screaming like the people in his car
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Marmot
Marmot
Posts in topic: 55
Preferred Pronouns: they/them
Aka: Marmot

Post by Marmot »

Matahari wrote:Hi. I'm skimming the game, and I've realized it will probably take the rest of the game before I catch up. But I will try :noble:
Hiya Mata! :D

Banners and Stuff
My Syndicate Mafia Wins:

Full Games Civilian: Image

Independent: Image Image
Speed Games Civilian: Image Image Fiddler on the Roof

Heists Civilian: Image Image Image Image Image

MVP: RED vs BLUE
Burglaries Independent: The Theme Is Literally a Burglary
Special Games Civilian: Image Image Image Image

Independent: Image

My Syndicate Hosted Games:

Speed Games Image Image Image
Heists Image Image Image

Some other Banners:

2014 Sockys Image
2015 Sockys Image Image Image
Miscellaneous Image Image

Dragon D. Luffy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 7:33 pm Just how many days of "let's yeet them tomorrow" can a mafioso survive?

The answer: all of them, if you are a marmot.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Scotty wrote:@Golden- I'll respond to you in full later tomorrow RE: your response to my questions surrounding you.
Golden wrote:And lol at my 'lack of urgency to get him lynched today'.

That is exactly what perturbs me about you this game, Golden. Floating around the water park in the lazy river without getting wet is not the downhill toboggan type of Golden I'm accustomed to.
No it's not. But it's not the golden you are accustomed to as scum either, so ascribing it to me being bad is bad logic. Its also wrong.

Because I don't know when I might be called to stop playing this game immediately (due to childbirth) I don't want to get so invested that I can't stop playing when I have to. It's as simple as that.

The problem I have with you in that post is not that you suspect me... it's the way you chose to frame that suspicion (and other things). I'm used to feeling like you are relatively straightforward and agendaless, but that post didn't feel like it.
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

But I would hope even you can see the logical dichotomy you created yourself in

1) finding me suspicious because I lack urgency and I'm floating along; and
2) saying I had 'dropped' my suspicion on simon within a short period of the day beginning, merely because I hadn't mentioned him in my first three posts, despite the fact you recognise I'm just floating along.

It doesn't make sense - you want to cut me both ways.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 309

Post by Quin »

Is...anyone going to comment on the double length night phase we just had? Is that relevant? Or was Epi just busy?

I'll catch up at some point. I'm still looking at Bass. We should listen to what's his face for once.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

LoRab wrote:I don't think I've ever seen a baddie silencer who didn't silence a teammate at some point in the game, usually multiple times. So point 3 doesn't hold for me.

My challenge with you is that your tone is off. It's not just that you're phoning in the game, it's that the way you state things isn't in keeping with your civ game.

Also, that you completely discount anyone that suspects you, not only as being wrong, but painting them as being bad because they suspect you.

That isn't going to keep me from suspecting you. And, honestly, only makes you look worse to me.

Also, there are evil indies in this game, so saying that you're not on either mafia team doesn't really convince me that you are civ.
For you to claim you have a solid grasp of my civ game to the point of being able to observe that anything I do is in keeping with it is absurd. And if you are producing that as case quality evidence then how is my tone in keeping with the Mafia me, whom you would have more experience playing with I believe.

I am not painting anyone who suspects me as bad. I was just dishing out some standard brand omgus so meta in essence it wore itself as a hat. But you wouldn't pick that up because despite your belief that I scum read you in every game, here we are yet again with you scum reading me. Have you ever not?
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:Is...anyone going to comment on the double length night phase we just had? Is that relevant? Or was Epi just busy?

I'll catch up at some point. I'm still looking at Bass. We should listen to what's his face for once.
It's common to extend phases for US public holidays. But you can always ask the host.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

Scotty's post about Golden indeed didn't make any sense, and is full of empty accusations. Maybe he just wasn't paying much attention before saying some of those things but it was kinda painful to read.

I'm not quite sure where I stand on DDL vs. Mac, honestly either or both of them could be bad for all I know, but at the moment I'm still leaning toward suspecting DDL a little more. He's tunneling so relentlessly on Mac with so little reasoning, and I can easily see Mac as genuine -- especially his defenses against the likelihood of him being on each baddie team were pretty convincing, my only reservation in regards to that is, again, the possibility of recruitment (both of his defenses were based on opinions from very early in the game, so for example if I'm right that the YTs have a recruit they could have recruited Mac after he went after MP early on). But yeah, at the moment I'm finding Mac a lot more believable than DDL.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:Is...anyone going to comment on the double length night phase we just had? Is that relevant? Or was Epi just busy?

It's common to extend phases for US public holidays. But you can always ask the host.
I didn't know it was a holiday, nevermind.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I would very much appreciate it if someone could do another voting chart like Rico did - just the past day phase would be enough.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Now, if I may. Elohcin is bad.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote:Now, if I may. Elohcin is bad.
Eloh tied Bass (likely bad) back up against TCF (civ), so I disagree.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

So you are disputing the validity of my read based on the fact that she tied someone we have no confirmation of the alignment of with a deceased civilian, and yet others see the circumstantial evidence towards my civdom and disregard it. Most amusing.

If we lynch Bass and Bass is bad, I will accept your rebuttal. Until such times it is highly, highly speculative.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote:So you are disputing the validity of my read based on the fact that she tied someone we have no confirmation of the alignment of with a deceased civilian, and yet others see the circumstantial evidence towards my civdom and disregard it. Most amusing.

If we lynch Bass and Bass is bad, I will accept your rebuttal. Until such times it is highly, highly speculative.
When Eloh flips bad, I'll believe you. Until then, maybe you'd like to give your read some validity on it's own by elaborating on it?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

For what it's worth, I've credited you for whatever circumstantial evidence I've seen that's in your favor. You are not MP's teammate. Are you a nanman or an indie? I 'unno. I haven't paid enough attention to you.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Doubling back to the Eloh thing - a question: Who is a bigger threat to the baddies? The town, or a second baddie team?

I'd like some answers to this question.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 3]

Post by MacDougall »

Elohcin wrote:I voted Sorsha and TH. I have my reasons but probably shouldn't share them with the class.
Earlier in the game she declared Sorsha bad. And yet, she hasn't voted Sorsha since day 3?
Elohcin wrote:
Quin wrote:
Elohcin wrote:I voted Sorsha and TH. I have my reasons but probably shouldn't share them with the class.
I think you should.
If I do, I may be punished.
She also soft claimed intel.

And interesting that it is you Quin who questioned Elohcin about it, but have quickly defended her from me.

My read of this play is that Sorsha is the recruiter and recruited Elohcin to shut her up. Were you recruited too Quin?

Best case Elohcin soft claimed intel on a player and has since acted like it never happened for shits and giggles or as a civ gambit to pressure Sorsha. Worst case, well ... :mafia:
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Also possible that Elohcin is Lu Bu and selected a faction that she discovered Sorsha was part of.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote:
Earlier in the game she declared Sorsha bad. And yet, she hasn't voted Sorsha since day 3?
Elohcin wrote:
Quin wrote:
I think you should.

And interesting that it is you Quin who questioned Elohcin about it, but have quickly defended her from me.

My read of this play is that Sorsha is the recruiter and recruited Elohcin to shut her up. Were you recruited too Quin?

Best case Elohcin soft claimed intel on a player and has since acted like it never happened for shits and giggles or as a civ gambit to pressure Sorsha. Worst case, well ... :mafia:
I left it alone after it became pretty clear it'd lead to an info dump. I didn't think further on it. If Eloh was recruited, it seems counter productive to her new win condition to lynch the person who recruited her.

Does anything in her posts lead you to think that it could be the former?
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 4]

Post by MacDougall »

Sorsha wrote:
nutella wrote:Damn. Sorry Timmer and RIP Rico.

I am inclined to go after Sorsha and TH today especially considering Eloh's implication. Russ is still up there for me as well.
I'm fine with dueling again but whatever Eloh's implication meant it's not about me being bad. At least one other player should know that by now though.

If I had been around yesterday I'd have voted for myself and probably inh again.
Curious...
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sorsha wrote:I'm here
You should talk to MP about his beefs:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Sorsha wrote:I think I'm going to vote for two of the prefects. Jimmy, Scotty, INH... See who's the toughest.
What is the advantage of doing this?
What's the disadvantage? Scared?
And this kind of post is why I have so much trouble reading Sorsha. I can't make sense of this response. Despite my gut screaming that this is face value suspicious, I've been fooled by Sorsha and many other players (Roxy and S~V~S come to mind) and historically read them very badly in the past because apathy and these kinds of loaded questions always read insincere to me. Anyone have a read on Sorsha yet?
More curious...
Sorsha wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:
Sorsha wrote:I'm here
Hi Sorsha! What's going on? Do you have any suspects? What do you think of Dom, MM, and Russ?
Have only been skimming. Looks like Dom is mostly getting votes for the trump schtick, mm for some connection to wilgy and I have no idea what Russ did to be suspicious. My own suspicion is inh but it could probably be more of an annoyance than suspicion. Lobbying for prefect and promising to be active and then bailing.

I don't really find Dom suspicious I could be ok with a mm vote, Russ I don't know yet.
Hmmmm what is the very next post...
MovingPictures07 wrote:I want to lynch nutella.
HMMMMMM

So known Yellow Turban MP, fake case builds on Sorsha, who is prompted by deceased mystery man JJJ to reply to the fake cases, she replies with a meh post and MP just immediately changes track ...

I am wondering if Elu Bu has declared for the Yellow Turbans and found herself as Sorsha's last ally with Jimmy and MP dead...
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote:Also possible that Elohcin is Lu Bu and selected a faction that she discovered Sorsha was part of.
This also seems counter productive.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Quin wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Quin wrote:
I think you should.

I left it alone after it became pretty clear it'd lead to an info dump. I didn't think further on it. If Eloh was recruited, it seems counter productive to her new win condition to lynch the person who recruited her.

Sorry who has she tried to lynch that would be identified as her recruiter? She infodumped intel on Sorsha early in the game and then completely backed off her from Day 3 onwards reverting to the prevailing meh style of play that the majority of us are exhibiting.

Of course, it would make little sense if she was Lu Bu to infodump scum intel on Elohcin only to join her faction. Or perhaps she wasn't aware of the faction Elo was part of, just her alignment.

At any rate, there is smoke there. Black smoke.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Quin wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Also possible that Elohcin is Lu Bu and selected a faction that she discovered Sorsha was part of.
This also seems counter productive.
Okay facts:

Elohcin infodumped intel on Sorsha being bad.
Elohcin has abruptly stopped seeking Sorsha's lynch.

There is at least 1 recruitment role in the game. There is also a role that can join a faction.

Give me a better explanation for why she did the former.

Also explain you are so vociferous in your defense of her.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote:
Quin wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
Elohcin wrote:
Quin wrote:
I think you should.

Sorry who has she tried to lynch that would be identified as her recruiter? She infodumped intel on Sorsha early in the game and then completely backed off her from Day 3 onwards reverting to the prevailing meh style of play that the majority of us are exhibiting.

Of course, it would make little sense if she was Lu Bu to infodump scum intel on Elohcin only to join her faction. Or perhaps she wasn't aware of the faction Elo was part of, just her alignment.

At any rate, there is smoke there. Black smoke.
Before I confuse myself - can you clarify this:

Are you suggesting that Eloh was recruited before or after her Sorsha/TH vote?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Vociferous is not the word I would use to describe my opposition here, because I'm not opposing you. Initially I was civ reading her based on the hypothetical that I strongly believe is true, but I realise that there's more than one baddie team so there's room for doubt there. The question I asked earlier reflects that.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

More specifically, I'm not opposing your conclusion. I'm opposing your train of thought.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Well if she was recruited by Sorsha, and Sorsha is the cult leader then it would have occurred after the vote obviously. Which would explain her sudden dropping of her info.

I haven't pieced it together perfectly, but there is something unusual there.

I see that she voted for MP on the day he requested to be voted for and was lynched as a result. Perhaps they had concocted a plan for him to duel, and expected him to win, but he came up against powers greater than he.

Perhaps that is why both have been shadowy since.

Perhaps that is why YT keep missing kills. They are just low on inspiration.

There has been talk that Yellow Turbans may have recruitability themselves. Who brought that to the attention of the thread first? Perhaps she was recruited not by the cult leader, but by the Yellow Turbans.

I am confident that something weird is happening around these players. Enough to want Elohcin to duel.

Linki: Oppose my train of thought all you like, that's fine and healthy. I see an Elohcin who has some reason for having backed off Sorsha and I want to know why. Her having not addressed it herself ahead of time makes me think she doesn't want it spoken of, which makes it seem nefarious.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Okay, I'm pretty sure you meant after. That helps me understand.

I agree her being recruited is a possibility.
I do not see her being Lu Bu a possibility, as I still think it's counterproductive at surface value. I could argue that the secret behind his role might involve him lynching a certain person within his faction, such as the leader - but I have no reason to justify this.
ImageImageImageImage

Return to “Previous Jobs”