Romance of the Three Kingdoms [ENDGAME]

Moderator: Community Team

Who is a threat to the Han? Appoint two for the duel.

Poll ended at Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:14 pm

Bass_the_Clever
No votes
Boomslang
30%
DFaraday
30%
Jan / Aragorn
No votes
Nerolunar / Matahari
No votes
nijuukyugou
No votes
Quin
No votes
sig / indiglo
No votes
Simon
15%
Zuo Ci
No votes
Li Jue (The Host, the Non, the Dead)
26%

Total votes: 27
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange
Posts in topic: 133

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 7]

Post by MacDougall »

Quin wrote:Okay, I'm pretty sure you meant after. That helps me understand.

I agree her being recruited is a possibility.
I do not see her being Lu Bu a possibility, as I still think it's counterproductive at surface value. I could argue that the secret behind his role might involve him lynching a certain person within his faction, such as the leader - but I have no reason to justify this.
Lu Bu theory would require her having found a negative read on Sorsha and having joined her team anyway. I think that the flavour of that role lends itself to having cop ability before making the selection as part of it's secrets. Which would explain her infodump without context, however why would she join either Mafia faction after having dumped intel into the thread about two potential Mafia players? You are right, it seems unlikely.

Yellow Turban recruited is possible, but that would be assuming secrets entirely, as a result highly speculative and to my mind unlikely just by virtue of that fact.

Recruited by Sorsha, the cult leader, would make sense, but would require her being a warrior, which in flavour wouldn't make any sense for her to have acquired info as the warriors in this game don't seem to have any skills outside of strength in combat.

All the theories have their pros and cons, but none are great. The fact remains however that she dropped her case. I would like to know why.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

I will refrain from making further speculation until Elohcin explains it herself. I'd appreciate other points of view in the meantime.
Quin
Indecent Bastard
Posts in topic: 309

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote:

I do not see her being Lu Bu a possibility, as I still think it's counterproductive at surface value. I could argue that the secret behind his role might involve him lynching a certain person within his faction, such as the leader - but I have no reason to justify this.
Lu Bu theory would require her having found a negative read on Sorsha and having joined her team anyway. I think that the flavour of that role lends itself to having cop ability before making the selection as part of it's secrets. Which would explain her infodump without context, however why would she join either Mafia faction after having dumped intel into the thread about two potential Mafia players? You are right, it seems unlikely.

Yellow Turban recruited is possible, but that would be assuming secrets entirely, as a result highly speculative and to my mind unlikely just by virtue of that fact.

Recruited by Sorsha, the cult leader, would make sense, but would require her being a warrior, which in flavour wouldn't make any sense for her to have acquired info as the warriors in this game don't seem to have any skills outside of strength in combat.

All the theories have their pros and cons, but none are great. The fact remains however that she dropped her case. I would like to know why.
If Lu Bu recruited her I really only see one possibility, which is that they recruited her to check whether she actually did have any information. If she was recruited, she had nothing, if it failed, the possibility existed. Sorsha and TH were the only two who really had a motive behind doing that. How did you feel about TH before he died?
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

I underlined that bit asking if you were digging the idea that the yellow turbans could also recruit, but I didn't read the rest of the line before I did it. You can ignore it.
Lunalee wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:13 amQuin's ISO is full of posts that are actually trying to be helpful to the game. This doesn't look like town Quin.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Quin wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

If Lu Bu recruited her I really only see one possibility, which is that they recruited her to check whether she actually did have any information. If she was recruited, she had nothing, if it failed, the possibility existed. Sorsha and TH were the only two who really had a motive behind doing that. How did you feel about TH before he died?
Lu Bu is the role that can join factions but I assume you mean if the cult leader role, but after that you've lost me. I don't understand what you are saying.

I didn't really think anything of Tur Nip Head before he died until he came out and voted for me but he died straight away after that so I guess the answer to your question is "confused".
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote:
Quin wrote:
MacDougall wrote:

Lu Bu is the role that can join factions but I assume you mean if the cult leader role, but after that you've lost me. I don't understand what you are saying.

I didn't really think anything of Tur Nip Head before he died until he came out and voted for me but he died straight away after that so I guess the answer to your question is "confused".
If Sorsha or TH were the cult leader and Eloh had just thrown their names out as bad, I imagine they'd want to know for sure whether she legitimately had intel. If they recruited her and it was successful, it would mean she she's a civ warrior and its extremely unlikely she actually had information on them. If they tried and it failed, it could mean many different things but would mean they would have to take her much more seriously.
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

But the latter theory is based on nothing. This entire conversation is based on finding out why Elohcin dropped her case. For anyone to have attempted to recruit her and failed would have had zero influence on her behaviour because she would not know. Even if Epi sent her a flavour message like "Some dude tried to recruit you but you aren't a warrior so didn't work brah" that wouldn't cause her to drop role knowledge.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

MacDougall wrote:But the latter theory is based on nothing. This entire conversation is based on finding out why Elohcin dropped her case. For anyone to have attempted to recruit her and failed would have had zero influence on her behaviour because she would not know. Even if Epi sent her a flavour message like "Some dude tried to recruit you but you aren't a warrior so didn't work brah" that wouldn't cause her to drop role knowledge.
True.
ImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 122

Post by Bass_the_Clever »

Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Doubling down on Bass. He was saved last day and that needs to be fixed.

Doubling down on Mac. I'm tired of him not even reading the posts accusing him. And going omgus on me after calling me a civ read multiple times early? Not classy, Mac.

Yes Im voting now. U mad? Come at me. If you guys wanna lynch me, let's make this fun.
How was I saved?
Spoiler: show
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
acrosstheaether wrote:If Bass_the_Clever is mafia, he is a clever mafia.
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Luffy just makes claims that fit his agenda and then pretends they aren't meaningless. Like saying I civ read him multiple times when it was once, and it was entirely off-hand and an obvious joke. Now he says you were saved like it's a matter of fact.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

I don't understand why I'm being voted and also why I'm not being asked anything. It's like people are looking for the easiest bandwagon to jump onto and crossing their fingers hoping they Lynch a mafia team member. I haven't seen one solid case against me but I had 5 votes last poll. The only person I understand voting my way is Dom because he pointed out if my posting dropped then he would think I was bad . He is the only person who has gave a reason to vote me.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

You don't think I have cause to scum-read you for trying to get me lynched because I'm not dead yet?

Okie.
ImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Quin wrote:You don't think I have cause to scum-read you for trying to get me lynched because I'm not dead yet?

Okie.
So your case is a No U?
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Quin wrote:You don't think I have cause to scum-read you for trying to get me lynched because I'm not dead yet?

Okie.
So your case is a No U?
No, my case is that you used the fact that I haven't been killed yet as a means to try and start a lynch train on me (and DDL) without going to any effort as to back it up with any in-thread evidence. You also expressed an interest in duelling earlier, something I expressly stated I found suspicious. It flipped a scum MP so I see no reason not to consider that against you.
ImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Quin wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:

Okie.
So your case is a No U?
No, my case is that you used the fact that I haven't been killed yet as a means to try and start a lynch train on me (and DDL) without going to any effort as to back it up with any in-thread evidence. You also expressed an interest in duelling earlier, something I expressly stated I found suspicious. It flipped a scum MP so I see no reason not to consider that against you.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Okie.
Right here you say you "scum read" me because I'm trying to get you lynched. That's a No U. So which one is it?
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by DFaraday »

I do agree with Mas that there could be something between Sorsha and Eloh, but I doubt they're Yellow Turbans considering that Eloh voted in MP's lynch. It could have been a bus, but I typically go with Occam's Razor, which says she is most likely not his teammate.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:Doubling down on Bass. He was saved last day and that needs to be fixed.

Doubling down on Mac. I'm tired of him not even reading the posts accusing him. And going omgus on me after calling me a civ read multiple times early? Not classy, Mac.

Yes Im voting now. U mad? Come at me. If you guys wanna lynch me, let's make this fun.
How was I saved?
It is possible there was a save based on the order the votes came in, but not terribly obvious if so.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
DFaraday
Money Launderer
Posts in topic: 68

Post by DFaraday »

Scotty wrote:Stop kidnapping me and just kill me, you cowards! :suspish:

That I have been silenced twice and not killed because of it is telling me I'm mussing with someone I 'shouldn't be'.

Let's see. I've been on INH's case for coasting this game since like day 3, and was ballgagged on day 4. Started getting on nutella's case as well as INH and Quin on day 5. Blindfolded and given sleeping gas on day 6. But yet they won't kill me. Why?
Why, indeed.
Scotty wrote:Either way, it's hard for me not to read into my silencing as less than purposeful. I think i upset Nanman.
You seem to really want people to know they want you silenced.
Scotty wrote:Cut to today, and already Golden has dropped his push for Simon, and has latched onto this Mac case.
Yes, he latched onto the guy he said he's not voting for.

Scotty wrote:That Caps wagon had been creeping up over the course of a few days and since you all seemed so willing to lynch him TWICE I would like to put the eye on those that voted him. If you did vote him, what about Russ, who has been up twice and won twice, has you peeled away? Why does he get a free pass?
I dunno, I just felt like both he and Russ were the low hanging fruit for lynches and it just comes off as lazy.
How are TCF and Russ comparable?
Scotty wrote:INH I think you are bad. Still. I may not have info on you or a lucrative case, but I feel like you have been coasting. What cases have you built this game? Can you remind me, or is it just agreeing with other people to live another day? I'm going to keep pressuring you, even if I am once again the only one to vote you, because I don't think you are good.

-that all said, I think Mac has looked coasty as well- he even says so himself- and I'm still on the fence about him.
Why are coasty players necessarily suspicious? That's the kind of thinking that equates high posters with civ, which as we all know is often not the case.

Scotty isn't looking good to me here. It feels like he's straining to find reasons to suspect people and too eager to call attention to his silencing.
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard
Posts in topic: 235
Preferred Pronouns: he/his/him

Post by Sloonei »

Who wants to give me the CliffNote version of all the cases swirling around right now?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward
Posts in topic: 154

Post by Golden »

Quin wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:

Okie.
So your case is a No U?
So what do you make of Simon doing the same?
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Canucklehead wrote:Civ Golden is a hurricane of self-assurance.
G-Man wrote: Coward
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Golden wrote:
Quin wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:

Okie.
So your case is a No U?
So what do you make of Simon doing the same?[/quote
He/she probably didn't notice it like she didn't notice I said till I pointed it out.]
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

Maybe, bass, but don't you see why it could be suspicious to have a guy who asks to be in the duel but then seems upset when he actually gets the votes to take him there?

Do you want to duel, or do you not want to duel? Was that a thing where it was only at a particular point in time?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice
Posts in topic: 164
Preferred Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote:
Quin wrote:
MacDougall wrote:Also possible that Elohcin is Lu Bu and selected a faction that she discovered Sorsha was part of.
This also seems counter productive.
Okay facts:

Elohcin infodumped intel on Sorsha being bad.
Elohcin has abruptly stopped seeking Sorsha's lynch.

There is at least 1 recruitment role in the game. There is also a role that can join a faction.

Give me a better explanation for why she did the former.

Also explain you are so vociferous in your defense of her.

Mac, your conspiracy theory is interesting and all, but I think you're missing one key possibility. I also initially read Eloh as hinting at having info, but then someone else said that they saw it as a forced vote, and I think that makes sense. If Eloh was forced to vote for Sorsha and/or TH on that day and wasn't allowed to say so, it would certainly explain why she didn't further pursue Sorsha -- and honestly I think the fact that she pretty clearly avoided mentioning Sorsha the next day looked to me like she was trying to confirm the force-vote theory. You could be right, but I seriously doubt that if she was recruited she would so obviously suddenly stop naming Sorsha, she'd probably back off more slowly. I think her unexplained vote combined with the abrupt abandonment makes a lot more sense as a forced vote.
to the spoiler go the victories:
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

At the time I didn't want to duel . Right now I'm fine dueling quin to prove he/she? Is bad.
Golden
The Coward

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 4]

Post by Golden »

Elo went for Sorsha on day 3, then came this on day 4.
Elohcin wrote:I wouldn't say I was focused on Sorsha. I am more focused on those who are eagerly willing to battle. I asked MP as well about his eagerness. I wanted to get feedback from both of them. Voting for Sorsha and asking Sorsha and MP about their eagerness are not related in my thought process.
This felt like it was in response to people suggesting Elo had info, to me, and I took this post to mean 'I didn't have info'.

The idea elo could have been recruited in there is viable, but I wouldn't call it a fact.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Golden wrote:Maybe, bass, but don't you see why it could be suspicious to have a guy who asks to be in the duel but then seems upset when he actually gets the votes to take him there?

Do you want to duel, or do you not want to duel? Was that a thing where it was only at a particular point in time?
Also the fact that no one noticed it or cared enough to bring it up when it first happened but then after I brought it up because I couldn't believe no one else did , people wanted to bandwagon me instead of getting all the facts. I think it was an easy target for a mafia member or someone who has been recruited.
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:

Okie.
Right here you say you "scum read" me because I'm trying to get you lynched. That's a No U. So which one is it?
No, it's not.
ImageImageImageImage
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Quin wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:

Okie.
No, it's not.
How is it not? Then what's your case against me? Besides me trying to get you lynched, which is why you read me as scum?
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Let's give the thread some color.

nutella :grin:
Quin
Sloonei
DFaraday
Elohcin
Golden
Boomslang
LoRab
Dom
Jan
Nerolunar Matahari
nijuukyugou
Bass_the_Clever
Bullzeye (wtf is he in this game?? was he replaced and I missed it, because he should have been...)
Dunny (also wtf??)
leetic (???????)
Spacedaisy
Scotty
sig
Simon
Sorsha
MacDougall
insertnamehere
Dragon D. Luffy
Russtifinko

key:
practically perfect in every way
probs good yo I trust 'em
meh/neutral, maybe very slight lean good
not playing so no idea
could probs be bad, I would vote for them
most likely to get my vote? maybe? idk really

this is pretty subject to change honestly
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image Image
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Quin wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:

Okie.
No, it's not.
How is it not? Then what's your case against me? Besides me trying to get you lynched, which is why you read me as scum?
What's your case against me? Oh, right... I'm not dead.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I feel like mafia are running this thread because Quin has been super vocal and use been night killed even after the fact she was all over MP day one or was it day two?
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Talking in this game seems dangerous. Also if they are killing high posters and people who look like they are these civ leaders then why would they leave Quin alive ?
I've given my case against you already. But I'll humour you, and I'll even build upon it for you. Either address it or cut the OMGUS.

1) You used the fact that I am not yet dead as a means to try and lynch me for the sake of killing off the high posters. Interestingly you didn't even mention DDL, who has a higher post count in the thread than I do. This is not a legitimate argument unless you back it up with some tangible piece of in-thread evidence, which you did not. You did the opposite in pursuing this train of thought further.

As a side note, there are a 100 reasons that would explain why I am still alive. One of them is not that I'm bad, because I could very well have been killed by the second baddie team if that were true. Say goodbye to your 'case', Bass.

2) You voted at the very beginning of the Day under the guise that you didn't want to miss the vote. You had 48 hours to put it down, so why do it right then and there? You were trying to establish early wagons.

3) You expressed interest in duelling. My initial reaction to this is that it's a 'Let me prove how town I am by volunteering to be lynched' scum tactic. I see no reason to abandon that train of thought.

I also have questions about this interaction with MP, Bass. Enlighten me.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Expect gigantic MP catchup post some time within the next 24 hours. Probably towards the latter end of that spectrum though. It will happen.

Just realized the first day of Fall '16 isn't tomorrow, but Tuesday, so I don't have to teach my first class until Wednesday. I love teaching, but given my current time crunch, that was a pleasant surprise of extra time. :slick:
I can't wait. What are your thoughts about my game so far?
Why did you ask this? Why did you single out MP with this question? This looks like it belongs in BTSC.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I am here for a bit. Someone give me something to look into. please
My banners:
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

FINE, i'll take my own initiative and look at the post right above mine:

From what I remember of my brief early window in this game, Quin was an immediate town read. This should come with the caveat that I always read Quin as scum when he's town. NONETHELESS, I have felt like he is town here since I first joined.

That said, I tried to assume Bass's position in this exchange and even so, came out of it liking Quin.
Quin wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Quin wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:

Okie.
No, it's not.
What's your case against me? Oh, right... I'm not dead.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I feel like mafia are running this thread because Quin has been super vocal and use been night killed even after the fact she was all over MP day one or was it day two?
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Talking in this game seems dangerous. Also if they are killing high posters and people who look like they are these civ leaders then why would they leave Quin alive ?
I've given my case against you already. But I'll humour you, and I'll even build upon it for you. Either address it or cut the OMGUS.

1) You used the fact that I am not yet dead as a means to try and lynch me for the sake of killing off the high posters. Interestingly you didn't even mention DDL, who has a higher post count in the thread than I do. This is not a legitimate argument unless you back it up with some tangible piece of in-thread evidence, which you did not. You did the opposite in pursuing this train of thought further.
I'll have to look at Bass more closely to see if he really is singling Quin out for this, as he suggests here. That certainly would be a strange play for Bass. Suggests he is angling for Quin for reasons that are not being clearly stated in the thread.
As a side note, there are a 100 reasons that would explain why I am still alive. One of them is not that I'm bad, because I could very well have been killed by the second baddie team if that were true. Say goodbye to your 'case', Bass.
I dig this. Kinda undermines the point Bass is trying to make with what seems to be a fair point. There are two scum teams. Granted one seems to be aiming for low posters, at least early in the game, but the argument that a talkative player ought to be scum simply because he's alive does not work in a game like this.
2) You voted at the very beginning of the Day under the guise that you didn't want to miss the vote. You had 48 hours to put it down, so why do it right then and there? You were trying to establish early wagons.

3) You expressed interest in duelling. My initial reaction to this is that it's a 'Let me prove how town I am by volunteering to be lynched' scum tactic. I see no reason to abandon that train of thought.
We've had a number of people express such in interest in this game. I do not know how they have all turned out. MP flipped bad. CapsFan was not. But there have been others, I think.
I also have questions about this interaction with MP, Bass. Enlighten me.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:Expect gigantic MP catchup post some time within the next 24 hours. Probably towards the latter end of that spectrum though. It will happen.

Just realized the first day of Fall '16 isn't tomorrow, but Tuesday, so I don't have to teach my first class until Wednesday. I love teaching, but given my current time crunch, that was a pleasant surprise of extra time. :slick:
Why did you ask this? Why did you single out MP with this question? This looks like it belongs in BTSC.
Yeah Bass! Answer this!

I suppose my next step should be a Bass ISO. THANKS QUIN & BASS, SUCH HELP
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 0]

Post by Sloonei »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
DrWilgy wrote:JJJ, why would you be happy to serve as prefect?
It sounds fun. I trust myself more than I trust other people. I'm confident that I'll maintain as consistent an active presence in this game as I always do.
I've only played a two maybe 3 games with you in the past but you seemed to hold a lot of sway with people during those games. What's scares me is someone who holds that kind of sway and gets this power ends up being bad. Sorry for putting on my tin foil hat so fast, but this Is mafia.
This sort of suspicion feels forced and almost arbitrary. If I am correct, no one knew (or knows currently) what the hell a Prefect does or whether those individuals wield any true power in the game. But Bass elects not to vote for Jay in that position because, I dunno, he could end up being a bad guy. That can be said of literally everyone in this game. What's the point of something like this? Throwing shade to throw shade. Someone else did this early on. DDL, I think. Interesting.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:I am considering however the potential that the paranoia about giving me more power is either rooted in or supported by people who don't want that power in my town hands. :ponder:
Hey, if you are town then I have no problem with you getting the power, but your word isn't good enough to make me think you are town at this point in the game. I voted two people who I have a hard time reading in games hoping this power makes it a little easier for me.
What?
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Dragon D. Luffy wrote:I just don't want to see, 5 cycles from now, someone going "I trust Jay. He had been leading town since the start!" Because that is where the danger lies.
:srsnod:
Ah, here they are agreeing with each other about wanting to scum read Jay off the bat.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I think we should vote people who we believe to be mafia to duel. I think maybe later in the game if a civ wants to volunteer then that's their choice but early game I believe we run the risks of losing civs that could help us later in the game.
Here Bass suggests it might be viable for a townie to volunteer for a duel late in the game. I do not know why he would feel this way, but it does at least help make his present inclination to (maybe) do so more believable.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
MovingPictures07 wrote:I would be willing to throw out the following slight town GTHs:

Boomslang
Dragon D. Luffy
JaggedJimmyJay
Quin
Turnip Head

Could change at the drop of a hat, but so far I'm feeling OK at what they've brought to this thread so far. Anybody else have some GTHs yet?
Do you have a mafia reads yet, even just something that pinged you?
Quin noted some curious interactions between Bass and MP so I'll just continue that here. This hardly feels like a probing question to me (I thought so before I even saw who he was asking it to). It feels more like a nudge to me. But that is just speculation and no one in the world needs to agree with it.

More to come later, I don't want this post to be too huge.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Sloonei wrote:I am here for a bit. Someone give me something to look into. please
This proposition still stands and will continue to stand perpetually. I'm behind in the game but I'm not gonna sit down and read the thread in its entirety, and I'd prefer not to try to read it blindly either. If there's anything juicy that someone wants to hear my opinion on, please point me in the right direction.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Sloonei wrote:
Sloonei wrote:I am here for a bit. Someone give me something to look into. please
This proposition still stands and will continue to stand perpetually. I'm behind in the game but I'm not gonna sit down and read the thread in its entirety, and I'd prefer not to try to read it blindly either. If there's anything juicy that someone wants to hear my opinion on, please point me in the right direction.
What do you think about the Eloh/Sorsha recruitment thing?
ImageImageImageImage
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

That only involves reading back maybe 2 pages, and preferrably an ISO of their dialogue. :grin:
ImageImageImageImage
MacDougall
Out of my scumrange

Post by MacDougall »

Nutella's rainbow list is entirely non controversial, hivemind and his placement of himself on it is an old school ping.

If I am a bad enough read to be that low on your list then let's discuss. Ain't felt suspicion from you all game so why have you been hiding your feelings towards me?
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Re: Romance of the Three Kingdoms [Day 2]

Post by Sloonei »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:

Another soft question for MP. It almost seems like Bass is just kind of buddying up to MP here. I get that on some level, MP's a friendly guy, maybe Bass is just disarmed. But I'm not seeing any interactions with anyone else like this in here. I'm not really sure how to read this at the moment, but it's a thing I can observe.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:
JaggedJimmyJay wrote:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:JJJ why do you think some one would come out and call you bad in the right up?
The only person who knows the answer to that is the person who did it. I can do as much as guess:

This person suspects me to be bad, realizes that I tend to be difficult to lynch without behind-the-scenes influence, and tried to use his/her role power to motivate other people toward making that happen instead of compiling a case (which might genuinely be less effective for that objective).
I'm not going to lie to you, right now you are a slight mafia read on my list, but that's because of of the volunteering a strong civ in a dual thing.
Again with this "maybe later" strategy talk that I don't get. Bass, if you don't mind, could you explain why you think it's more viable for a townie to volunteer for a duel later in the game than early? I am not saying it's an idea without merit, I'd just like to hear your reasoning for thinking so.

Day 3 Bass volunteers for a duel and then wonders why so few people took notice of it:
Bass_the_Clever wrote:I wouldn't mind dueling today.
Bass_the_Clever wrote:Also, I thought saying I wanted to duel would get more heat then it did but it's like it went unnoticed.
So hey Bass, why were you okay with dueling that day, and what were you hoping to achieve by doing so?

Then this:
Even in the full context of Bass's post history, this does seem like a bizarre case of singling-out Quin from a list that should be much longer. While this game is featuring a few too many inactive players (yo), Quin is far from the only talkative one. Just a few posts prior to this one, for instance, Bass addressed a question directly to Nutella, who seems to have multiple long posts on every page I read. And there's also DDL, like Quin mentioned, just to name a couple. So Bass, another question I have for you, if you're reading all this junk, is why are you singling out Quin as the only suspicious talkative player? Either it's an arbitrary suspicion, or there is more to it that you are not expressing. Which is it?

I pulled a lot of bullshit out of here to fling at Bass, but on the whole I do not think I am scum reading him at present. I don't have a strong town read on him either, but I'd be more inclined to lean that way than the former right now. I'd like him to answer some of these questions, though.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
I'll have a looksee.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

@ BASS The main question I want answered, if you don't feel like responding to everything I just wrote, is this: Why have you singled out Quin as your suspect recently? He is not the only talkative player in the game. What makes him more suspicious than the rest?
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

MacDougall wrote:Luffy just makes claims that fit his agenda and then pretends they aren't meaningless. Like saying I civ read him multiple times when it was once, and it was entirely off-hand and an obvious joke. Now he says you were saved like it's a matter of fact.
I want to vote for Luffy but I still haven't read, like, anything.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Quin wrote:
Sloonei wrote:
I am seeing no such thing.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
Golden
The Coward

Post by Golden »

MacDougall wrote:Nutella's rainbow list is entirely non controversial, hivemind and his placement of himself on it is an old school ping.

If I am a bad enough read to be that low on your list then let's discuss. Ain't felt suspicion from you all game so why have you been hiding your feelings towards me?
Nutella is female.
Bass_the_Clever
Money Launderer

Sloonei wrote:@ BASS The main question I want answered, if you don't feel like responding to everything I just wrote, is this: Why have you singled out Quin as your suspect recently? He is not the only talkative player in the game. What makes him more suspicious than the rest?
OK first the stuff about MP. The last few games I played here I was never around and never voted or posted and MP gave me a hard time for it in the past. When I asked the question Quinn pointed out it was just friendly banter between two friends.
Why am I only focusing on Quinn?
Because I had a slight town read early on but since has changed. Will pull stuff if I get to a laptop before day is up.
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

MacDougall wrote:Nutella's rainbow list is entirely non controversial, hivemind and his placement of himself on it is an old school ping.

First of all, I'm a she. You should be able to tell that from (a) the "female" indication on the side of every post I make, and (b) all the other times people have referred to me in the third person in this game -- tbh that kinda shows me you haven't been reading much.

Second, why is it "an old school ping" to put myself at the top of my list? It's a sort of jokey, light hearted thing that I've seen people do in rainbow lists tons of times. Quite commonplace and no reason to be suspicious of it.

Third, well, you're in that section because I feel pretty unsure of you and I've waffled a bit mostly due to DDL's admittedly manipulative/threatening campaign against you -- there have been plenty of times reading his posts when I've been nearly convinced to vote for you, but I distrust him just enough and I've liked your defenses just enough to keep you some BOTD. Still, you're on the lower-neutral section of my list because I could easily consider voting for you sometime in the near future. There have been aspects of your participation/style that I haven't liked (sort of akin to Lorab's reasons), and again, although I found your demonstration of distance from both baddie teams rather convincing, they were both very early in the game and I have not at all discounted the possibility of recruitment.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Quin
Indecent Bastard

Post by Quin »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
Sloonei wrote:@ BASS The main question I want answered, if you don't feel like responding to everything I just wrote, is this: Why have you singled out Quin as your suspect recently? He is not the only talkative player in the game. What makes him more suspicious than the rest?
OK first the stuff about MP. The last few games I played here I was never around and never voted or posted and MP gave me a hard time for it in the past. When I asked the question Quinn pointed out it was just friendly banter between two friends.
Because I had a slight town read early on but since has changed. Will pull stuff if I get to a laptop before day is up.

I've pushed you for an elaboration on your read of me already, and you only have something to say once someone gets on your case about it? Nah-uh.
ImageImageImageImage
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

Bass_the_Clever wrote:
I hope you are able to pull stuff, because right now this does not answer my question at all. But thank you for the MP clarification.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Also, I don't think my list was entirely non-controversial or "hivemind." My BOTD/neutral read on Bass is pretty unique at this point, and perhaps my trust of Eloh, at least given your recent theory.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image
Sloonei
Cap'n Sloonbeard

Post by Sloonei »

I'm glad to see we're still being vaguely suspicious of Nutella.
My banners:
ImageImageImageImage
nutella
Connoisseur of Spice

Post by nutella »

Sloonei wrote:I'm glad to see we're still being vaguely suspicious of Nutella.
Why?

Honestly, the current stuff going on with Bass is swaying me to the side of suspecting him more. I've been giving him the BOTD because I didn't find anything particularly suspicious in his ISO, but his inability to explain why he's singled out Quin is getting on my nerves. He's moving down to the darker part of my list.
Image Image Image Image
Image Image

Return to “Previous Jobs”